HoneyBook

Client management for freelancers & SMBs

4.9 /5 (358 reviews) Write a Review!

Charlene R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Keeping it all together!

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

I have loved Honeybook since I first downloaded it...Customizing everything was easy and FUN! Any time i had questions customer service was super fast and nice...which makes everything easier!

Pros

I love that all my projects are in one space, and organized so I can see where I am with what at what time...with just a click!

Cons

I don't have a con...Although it is worth each penny that they charge, it is hard justifying when business stopped bc of a virus (which shall not be named lol) I wanted to keep it to keep everything together but could not when even communication stopped with clients for a while.

Leigh ann S.

Powerful, Intuitive Tool

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

When we were starting up our business, an event venue, I was going nuts comparing the different CRM software. When you haven't actually used them, you don't know which will work best for you. Another venue owner told me she used HoneyBook. I had learned a lot from her, and finally decided that if she thought HoneyBook was good, it probably was and I'd just go for that. Best decision ever!

Pros

I love the pipeline, where each client's project is categorized by stage (new inquiry, tour scheduled, proposal signed, etc.). I can pull up all clients who are in the "Planning" stage of the pipeline, for example.

Under each client's project is absolutely everything related to their project: all emails exchanged, contracts, payment schedule, separate workspaces with vendors who will be working on the project, and more. I have templates for emails and have them sent automatically. One goes out when we receive an inquiry, a different one 5 days after client signs the contract, and another 30 days before their event date. There are also templates for brochures, contracts, and payment plans. I can't imagine having to do all of that manually!

I set the system up for my business with no outside assistance. It was easy to understand.

Cons

Would like to have more ability to make formatting changes (bullets, numbering, bold, etc.) when editing a document. I can do this on a new document, but not when editing an existing one.
Workflows could be improved to have more triggers and the ability to automatically send files.

Response from HoneyBook

Hi Leigh Ann,

Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful to know where we can improve. We're in the process of building in more formatting customizations right now, as well as new triggers within workflows to help you automate tasks on a more real-time basis. Stay tuned!

Shelbye G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

The easiest way to get paid fast!

Reviewed on 29/01/2020

My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that it’s given our business in the past two years!

Pros

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time.
2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know!
3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. I’d get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess.
4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each client’s industry!

Cons

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing.
2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

Casey C.

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

Pros

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

Cons

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Sarah G.
  • Industry: Photography

Definitely a game changer!

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

Pros

I love how organized I feel using this product - I can see at a glance where I am in the process with all of my clients and it is amazing to pull up all the correspondence with each client in one place. It has made a world of difference and I am beyond happy with it!

Cons

The thing I like least is the limitation when building templates for contracts, proposals, questionnaires, etc. - I am in the business of photography and delivering beautiful images is what sets my soul on fire! I wish I could add some of my images into some of my documents and have full control over the size and their location in the document. The way it is set up right now is a square crop on any image which can only be left, center, and right page. Dubsado has the leg up on Honeybook in that regard but otherwise I am totally happy with Honeybook.

Jennie H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Honeybook Is Amazing!

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

I no longer have to keep paper copies of contracts or invoices. Honeybook reminds me of who needs to pay, who has paid, who I have to follow up with. I can save email templates which saves me so much time. Overall, I can do business more effectively in less time! That's huge for me.

Pros

That everything is at my fingertips no matter where I am. I also like that I can track a clients contract, contact info, entire email exchange, invoicing at once. I like the reports and data that I can access easily. I like the ease of seeing the pipeline and where I'm at with my bookings. I like the daily reminders to follow up on my clients.

Cons

I would like the ability to look up a clients files by date - the calendar only shows bookings that have a retainer paid. I'd like to search by date and find prospectives. I'd like to search by category - for instance school dances versus weddings versus company parties. And, I'd like to see reports of how many of each type of gig we do each year.

Alanna W.

I will never switch!

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

I’ve had a great experience with HoneyBook! Their customer service is over the top, and they’re constantly improving the program. They always respond quickly to emails, and they are professional and kind. Believe it or not, they actually asked for my opinion on how to improve their product, and they continued to ask for details once I explained what I’d like to see. Show me another company who truly cares what their customers want! Plus, they’ve been honest from the beginning, and I remember when I first started with their product that someone called me and walked me through using it until I was comfortable with it.

Back when they first started and it was still an option, I purchased a lifetime access to this product, and I’m 100% thankful I did!! It was worth it all the way.

Pros

HoneyBook helps streamline my work flow between myself and clients. I have never had a single complaint from a client about anything I’ve sent to them from HoneyBook, whether it be an invoice, a booklet, or photos of my product examples.
I am able to keep track of when I’m at in a project with each client, and I love that I can easily see my income from any year/date!

Cons

I want two things from HoneyBook that are not included yet (but I have a strong feeling they’ll improve on these in the future).

I would love to see a way to easily click on previously received payments and find the sum total of whichever items I clicked on. I realize this isn’t Excel, but that one simple thing of automatically adding incomes together when selected would go a long way in my opinion.

The second thing I would love to see added is the capability for me to add a rewards program within the invoice section for my returning customers (after spending X amount of money, you get X amount off of your next purchase).

Anna G.
  • Industry: Events Services

I couldn’t run my business without it

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

I’ve never had any issues. I tell all of my wedding vendors friends about how much I love it! I’ve had one sign up through my code so far and I made $200!

Pros

I love the pre made templates, it makes answering emails and creating files for my clients extremely easy and cuts my time down. Before using HoneyBook, I was going crazy managing all my weddings and searching for certain correspondence from a certain bride, I was sometimes mixing up dates and losing certain files all together. I love being able to pull up my bride’s file and having all of our correspondence in one place, along with all of my files for them.

Cons

I wish there were more options for the pre made templates, that we can title and choose from. For now, I can only make the one follow up email. There are others that I would like to make. Also, I wish I could change the body of the email and it would save it to how I would like to word it. For now, I have to change some wording around every time I send out files to my potential clients. I also really would like to be able to make a timeline through HoneyBook. For now I have to create it in another space and email it separately to my client. It would be nice to have it all under the same file, especially with handling so many brides and weddings.

Amanda A.

Honeybook Makes Running a Business Less Time Consuming

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Honeybook has saved me HOURS every week - which for me means more time with my family and less time in front of a screen. It's so easy to add projects and keep all communication in one place for reference, and the option to add files to each event keeps everything in one place which is GOLDEN.
On the back end we love the reporting function for taxes, tracking how we are doing and our goals.

I can't speak enough great things about Honeybook!

Pros

Honeybook does a great job about giving you the ability to customize your proposals, brochures, invoices and more. The calendar being linked to google is AWESOME and not having to track down late payments is great so I can focus on my client's and their goals.
They're constantly updating, adding and expanding the services which is nice as our business grows too.

Cons

There are some kinks, especially if trying to work it with a team of employees that are not the best and if you aren't careful can result in double coverage or gaps.
The timeline feature is helpful when it's not constantly freezing or crashing and is basic but when workings awesome!

Quickbook link - doesn't completely speak with Quickbooks so if you also link a bank account it will result in double entries and occasional mis-logs. For us it was easier to disconnect, fix the past and just compare moving forward.

Corbin M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Can’t do business without it!

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

It’s streamlined, helpful beyond what I can write here. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone with a small business with multiple clients.

Pros

The workflow feature helps me keep track of everything from inquiries down to executing the final details before the event. It’s easy to use and customer service is quick and helpful when I do get stuck!

Cons

I wish the deposits and payments made were a little clearer on my end so I don’t have the check the bank and HoneyBook at the same time to cross reference. That being said, I JUST started using the payment feature and it could be that I’m just not used to it yet.

Ronni J.

Excellent Functional Techn

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Love it overall.

Pros

I signed with Honeybook originally just to replace services that Wedding Wire had dropped. I expect this to be short term and didn't see that I would use it much besides what I needed to replace. I was absolutely mistaken!! This product changed the way I do business. My process from inquiry to booking is streamlined. The contract templates are solid. The entire suite of technology doesn't just make my job easier, it increases my value to my clients. I can't recommend Honeybook more highly! I am always telling others in my industsry what a valuable tool this is. Their customer support team is outstanding as well. Absolutely worth it!!

Cons

I wish I could go back to an email besides the last one and still reply to that rather than have to always start a new thread. I don't like that I can't tell if I have sent the Client Portal link to a client or not. I have a difficult time with the copy/paste function on my keyboard inside Honeybook.

Elizabeth M.

HoneyBook is a fantastic solution for lots of business hang-ups

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

My experience with HoneyBook has been fantastic. It solves all my major pain-points and my clients also really love the portal side on their end.

Pros

I love being able to manage contracts, invoices, proposals, bookkeeping, and client communication all in the same platform. The concierge service is fantastic as well.

Cons

This was a big program to adjust to. It took several months of trial and error to make the program fit into my work style. I think a personalized followup call from the concierge service would have cleared up most of the adjustment issues I had.

Cindy C.

Like Having a Personal Assistant 24/7

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

My overall experience with HoneyBook has been nothing but exceptional. I truly cannot imagine trying to run the business without it!

Pros

Having HoneyBook is like having a personal assistant willing and able to do anything (except grab coffee) 24/7! It keeps all of our clients details ready at our fingertips. It keeps up with important tax info for the end of the year. If we ever have question, no matter the time of day or day of week, a (very nice) rep gets back to you quickly! I, myself, have used the chat feature several times and they are just the friendliest and have always answered my question or solved y problem! HB's ability to keep all of our clients, details, templates and financial transactions in order is a game changer for us!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con to using HoneyBook.

Have not looked back

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

I have had HoneyBook as part of my business for years, and it was one of the best decisions I have made. It helps me directly respond to website inquiries, keep my projects organized, electronically invoice, send proposals and contracts oh yeah, and collaborate if I chose to, with other vendors on a project. That I can safely collect payments and schedule future payments from clients is a huge benefit.
The client recieves automatic reminders without me lifting a finger!

Pros

As a photographer,I greatly appreciate its beauty. I am able to customize a proposal, invoice or contract with MY images alongside text, and they go from a boring document to an eye catching professional electronic tool that enables me to seemlessly conduct business.

Cons

Sometimes it is too progressive for me! I am after all a photog and not a tech geek. That’s when I reach out for help, and the support team is there to walk me through.

Ginny B.
  • Industry: Photography

Essential for a small business!

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

I love this software. It keeps the admin side of the business so organized.

Pros

Honeybook has been crucial to staying organized in business. All of the messages with the client about their project are in one place instead of searching through emails to find them. The online contracts are so much easier than paper contracts . Payment reminders are automatically sent to the client. You can make another workspace on projects to coordinate with other vendors and team members.

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about Honeybook. There are constantly new and helpful features being added and support has always been pretty quick to respond.

Karina W.

BUY HONEYBOOKKKK!

Reviewed on 10/04/2021

honey book as been great! if I ever have any issues, I get a reply back within an hour, and its always an easy fix & everyone is so nice.

Pros

I love that every single one of my bookings are in the same place, as well as all my client contacts!

Cons

I wish the mobile app had more of the same features as the desktop/browser.

Kelli T.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Workflow Genius

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

It’s amazing and helps my business stay organized and grow.

Pros

Looks professional & high quality
Layout is customizable
Functionality is convenient and user friendly
Cost is worth it

Cons

I wish I could customized my lineup of tabs different and name them what I want (type over anything in the setup of HoneyBook)

Wider range of fonts and ability to blog and send Pinterest links would be ideal.

Font range could be expanded

The ability to choose trial run dates would be ideal for makeup and hair

Response from HoneyBook

Thank you for the feedback Kelli. I will share with our product team for future consideration! We appreciate your partnership!

Jessica D.

Organization for the Unorganized

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Love this program and I am so thankful for the ability to schedule emails, to keep everything in one place, and how their inquiry forms integrate beautifully to our website!

Pros

I am a naturally forgetful person and I am unorganized in most cases so keeping up with my freelance work in between my 9-5 is really tricky! But HoneyBook helps me keep all my inquiries, pricing packages, contracts, email templates, and payment details in one place and has been a lifesaver for me. We have used it for a little over a year now, and this was so incredibly helpful filing taxes for the first time! Well worth the investment.

Cons

The app is not as intuitive as I think I would like and sometimes the emails are delayed and I will get the email in my inbox before it gets to HoneyBook.

Christa M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

My Business Grew with Honeybook

Reviewed on 06/03/2020

My experience with Honeybook has been excellent!

Pros

The biggest benefit to Honeybook was streamlining my communication with my clients, accepting payments, and the auto reminders to people. It has been so helpful to have Honeybook handle the back office of business, so I can be on the search for nee clients.

Cons

Everytime there is something to not like the Honeybook team either adds what's missing or makes changes to fix what may not be as efficient. They really listen to their customers making it hard to find something I don't like about the product.

Shannah M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

This changes the game, seriously!

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

It’s been great! Definitely worth the investment in hours it’s saved me from hunting down emails and drafting contracts.

Pros

I love the customization options in creating your own templates. I also love how the app and desktop versions seamlessly work together. I feel like my clients get a beautiful, but easy to navigate experience when corresponding, reviewing/signing contracts, and paying invoices.

Cons

Wish I could delete some of the original pipeline stages because fewer/differently worded categories would fit my business better.

Response from HoneyBook

Hi Shannah, thank you for sharing your feedback! Our goal is to create a system that provides our game changing members the ability to provide YOUR clients the best experience possible! I will share your customization feedback with our product team! So happy to have you in the HB family!

Lori M.

Florist review

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

It has definitely been a tremendous boost to my business. I can see the advantages. I do not have all the abilities mastered yet and that has been a bit frustrating for me. I’ve watched most of the tutorials been there is a definite learning curve and time factor to learn all Honeybook has to offer.

Pros

Im on the go a lot and really appreciate that I can edit a proposal from my mobile phone. I love having the App. It’s been a life saver.

Cons

After I send the proposal out, I’ve hesrd back from several clients that they cannot open the proposal. Not all clients have Chrome or know about it as a browser. It would be nice to have it accessible in Safari.

It would be great if there was ability to bring up a photo for the proposal when accessing from your phone.

Niki M.
  • Industry: Design

Best purchase for my business!

Reviewed on 05/01/2019

Pros

Before Honeybook I was using PayPal for invoicing and I did not have a CRM. This has transformed the way I keep track of my interior design projects and I recommend it to entrepreneur friends often.

Cons

I wish that there was integrated calendar booking with payment. I am currently using Acuity & I know that Honeybook has Calendly integration but those payments are not recorded in Honeybook. It just makes tracking income more complicated, and sending clients to multiple sites further complicates our intake.

I also would really like to see P&L reports by project as well as overall.

Sharon H.

Saves Time - Great Way to Organize Customer Info

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

Honeybook was definitely time consuming to set up but once it was set up, the amount of time saved daily is invaluable. Plus its easy enough to have an assistant step in to help.

Pros

Having all my clients information, emails, correspondence, files in one place.

Cons

I would love it if it was geared a bit more towards senior photography versus wedding. I'd love to be able to put in client school and graduation year. Scheduling tool needs tweaked.

Karie D.
  • Industry: Design

A must have for business

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Love them. Love their vision for the industry.

Pros

The simplicity and easy of tailoring each project, proposal and invoicing to different clients has been such a huge benefit to our business. It looks great and keeps client communication professional and all in one place!

Cons

The only thing I have an issue with sometimes is archiving projects. Not sure why, they just won’t archive.

Sarah G.
  • Industry: Photography

Honeybook changed my business!!!

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Pros

The customer service is incredible, the referral codes are awesome, and it changed how I ran my business! I'm organized and can easily keep track of proposals and invoices.

Cons

I wish we could keep track of files! ALSO, wish we could send client galleries through honeybook! It would be a one-stop-shop! AND it would be cool if we could get prints for clients right through the app, too!