Cacoo

Diagram maker for team collaboration & work processes

4.7/5

154 Reviews for UK Users

Great Product have been using it for Years!

Reviewed on 04/03/2019

The convenience of having multiple people working on a project at the same time and communicating with them within the tool.

Pros

We are an agency and I like that I can set up client projects into folders and EVERYONE on our team has access to project flows, site maps, and wireframes whenever and where ever they are.

Cons

The back and forth of going between NuLabs and Cacoo when I have to add another human to the account and or administer the account. Used to now, but it is confusing for anyone coming in new.

Mark

Simple, Functional, Accessible & Flexible

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

Pros

Cacoo can be used for a wide variety of things - As a product owner, I typically use Cacoo for workflow design, user-story mapping, and architectural design/diagramming.

Our team is able to collaborate around the work within the application - and the outputs can embed straight into our Confluence pages (Atlassian software) using the Cacoo plugin.

It's incredibly easy to use and I'm able to access my work across all of my devices.

Cons

Cacoo previously had a user-driven marketplace for additional stencils, which has now been removed.

Whilst they significantly upgraded the standard libraries when they removed it - I liked to be able to browse and add additional stencils for the creative community it had.

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Pretty good. I am still here and there are a lot of options out there. I think your price point is the main reason.

Pros

I can make a quick diagram for my dev team. Easy to use and understand.

Cons

I wish the icons like the AWS icons displayed the name of the icon. I think it is a waste of time to have to enter AWS Cognito. Need way better mobile wireframe icons. You need to group your icons based on devices, frameworks, or operating systems.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use for simple diagrams

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Software system architecture and design diagrams. Collaborating with teams across the globe.

Pros

The ease of use. It is simple and might not include all the fancy features of desktop apps like Visio and Omnigraffle but the fact that it is online and collaborative makes it perfect for sharing and collaborating across global teams.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind. More features are always nice but nothing specific I am missing.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Cacoo is very easy to learn and easy to use, with commendable customer support.

Reviewed on 23/11/2017

Pros

Updates in real-time with collaboration features (chat, etc.). Provides local history to easily undo actions, and version control to track major changes. Basic objects are highly customizable via Inspector tab. Efficient for working by yourself or with a large group/team.

Cons

Currently unable to add new connection points to shapes. Would be helpful if compatibility with similar tools (eg. Visio) is available.

• Industry: Design

One of the Best Application to Recommend

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

I use cacoo to do all my project flow chart since Degree to Master to Working. Always recommend Cacoo to all my colleague. Best Application ever.

Pros

1) Easy to use
2) Make everything more efficient
3) Visualize tools, easy to understanding
4) Can be work with team

Cons

1) Not suitable for using while in slow internet connection
2) Prefer to have "Snap Tools", so that "Line" can get more accurate with others

Productivity is the key!

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

I'm using Cacoo since the time i was in college, and along the time i saw how Cacoo has grown. Always to easy to use and with a complete toolbox. I'm a mind map lover, and with Cacoo is to easy to create and most important, share.

Pros

Easy to create diagrams and share with the team, improving the productivity!

Cons

It could have a desktop version to work offline.

Good tool

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Very good experience.

Very good experience.

Pros

- Multiple users can edit one diagram at the same time.
- Functionality to "play" diagrams like a presentation.
- Nice export options (pdf, png)
- easy to share with other users

Cons

In the past, Cacoo was using Flash but they've already migrated to HTML so, no Cons for me.

Very user-friendly

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Pros

It is easy to use, very intuitive design

Cons

It would be fantastic if they can offer more mathematical symbols.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Very useful

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

It has been very useful and I use it more than Visio.

It has been very useful and I use it more than Visio.

Pros

The variety of stencils you can use for every type of diagram

Cons

The use of tables is still weak.
Is not easy to perform all the common functions for a table like add/remove columns or rows

Garrett

Excellent Diagram Tool for a team

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Our network diagrams are maintained to a much higher level than with previous tools. The speed with which we can build out diagrams allows us to provide visual aids to prospective customers very quickly and easily.

Pros

Very pleased with how simple it is to add custom object and integrate them into our workflow.

Edits are intuitive and straightforward. Easy to train and onboard new users.

Cons

Biggest gripe about the software is the handling of transparency when adding objects. There's some level of frustration with trying to 'connect' objects with lines in our diagrams with the aforementioned (poor) transparency handling.

Jenny

A lifesaver for the diagrammatic expert and process-flow-impaired

Reviewed on 23/04/2017

After using Visio at work for process flows for several years, I signed up for a free version of Cacoo specifically to mock up some wireframes. I've since started using it for all of my business needs, from diagramming swim lanes for documenting process flows, and I can't imagine life with out it. It's incredibly simple to use, and the free version is full-featured enough to really get a sense of what the tool capable of. The one time I had to ask support for help on a sharing feature they were responsive and knowledgeable. I've hooked a few other coworkers after just by sharing the awesome visual representations I was able to create and we're trying to get it adopted as the standard at our company. Such a time saver and it's improved the quality of my documentation and presentations immensely!

Pros

Ease of use, ease of sharing and exporting

Cons

Different keyboard shortcuts for quick actions (e.g. ctrl + c doesn't always work to copy, so I try to remember to use ctrl + d instead to duplicate, but it throws me off for a second each time)Lo

Magdalena

Great software!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

I used on a daily basis for composing diagram flows, simple mockups in the IT industry

Pros

It has a lot of nice templates (especially for the diagrams). Mockups look clean and I have a lot of features and flexibility for using the elements and composing mockups.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find elements you need to use. Some of the elements for the diagrams are missing (especially when it comes to BPMN 2.0)

Diana

Eassy to use

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

With the free version you can save your map to an image. This tool is useful to help students organize their ideas when they are working on a project collaboratively.

Pros

Cacoo allows me to organize my ideas in an easy way. It is very user friendly. The features that I like the most are the templates and the diversity of icons that I can insert in my mind-map.

Cons

Unfortunately you have to pay to print your mind map or to save it to a PDF file.

David
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy to use and features packed.

Reviewed on 09/07/2019

Very easy to use and allows to deliver quick diagrams and maps to use in presentations.

Pros

Ease of use and versality are the two main advantages. It's so quick to be mastered that it makes it the "go to" application for drawing/mapping.

Cons

I dislike the fact that you can't access the work one did during the trial period once it expires. For the rest, I dont have much cons to talk about really.

Kay Marlina
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the great teaching tools

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

I can monitor my students' progress and see how they are collaborating in creating diagrams. I can't find any other tools the same. Great work.

Pros

I can add my students into groups and they can collaborate with each other.

Cons

I can't create sub folder for the projects/groups. Its will be better if I can rearrange the completed projects.

Eduardo Enrique
  • Industry: Program Development

Very practical program

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

It has been a fantastic experience, I love the program because it has all the necessary tools to design web pages that is what I do

Pros

It has many functions to design web pages

Cons

The cost of the program, I have no problems with buying a program, but being paid from time to time if it bothers me a little

• Industry: Libraries

Great experience

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

I use cacoo for teaching and making mental maps by also organization chart

I use cacoo for teaching and making mental maps by also organization chart

Pros

This software is very friendly, is easy to use and it gives us a lot of alternatives to make great presentations. I do like it

Cons

I use free version, I would like that it lets print in pdf.

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

It is possible to make all diagrams possible for a diagram and use this in presentations. That's the best thing about Cacoo!

Cons

I think I could have more objects to use in the diagrams, but otherwise the software is very good!

• Industry: Farming

fantastic for developers and business admin

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Pros

easy to use. used trial and I was productive immediately. great value.

Cons

I wish I could share with another developer.

Pedro
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Pros

Its easy to use and learn, one can do great diagrams out of 5 mins of tutorial and tries.
Its a Software that i used in college and still use it nowadays.
Another positive thing is its 'Export' options, easy and without watermark.

Cons

The only thing i would improve is the UI as sometimes i get lost, but is not a big deal.

Jongmin

Creative and compact tool

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Pros

User friendly UI/UX
Very simple to import and export
Template

Cons

A bit of cartoon and low quality rendering/graphic
Not various icon, template and items

Karen
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Cacoo is an excellent

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

Easy to use, you can collaborate With other people

Cons

It is not easy Align object and i have to register again yesterday

Very Nice Wireframing Tool

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

We've been users for several years. Over time Cacoo has provided great updates that have been helpful. The newer HTML5 editor is fantastic.

Pros

Cacoo is easy to use and saves time making diagrams that can easily be shared with team members

Cons

Google Fonts don't display when you save as a PDF. It replaces with default system fonts. I think this might be more of an Adobe limitation than Cacoo. I have to save as a PNG file, and it works fine as PNG.

Miguel Eduardo
Miguel Eduardo

Very useful

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

I notice that make changes in the diagrams are very easy and quick, so, it's helpful when a mistake must be corrected immediately.

Pros

You don't need to pay to try it out. It's very easy to use and covers a lot of things to make elegant diagrams

Cons

It's not completely responsive on some mobile devices.