Cacoo

Diagram maker for team collaboration & work processes

4.7/5

139 Reviews for UK Users

Ian Z.
  • Industry: Publishing

Your free trial got me!

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Pros

As a product manager I found myself often times just just needing to throw together a simple wireframe/mockup and it's harder than you think to just find something simple and straight forward to get that done. Cacoo allowed me to use the full product (with a couple of exceptions) right away and then naturally it's what I thought about the next time I needed to do something similar. Eventually I got to the end of my free pages and the cost made it possible to easily upgrade.

Cons

- Grouping images. There is no straight forward or easy way to group images and assets unless I am totally missing something.
- Keep adding shapes- I think there is a really good start in shapes but you should keep adding shapes and working on the filtering system to get to those shapes.

Damien B.

Cacoo is the perfect software for many usage

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Easy to learn and use, Cacoo let you make fast and great diagram for any usage.
Nice to make mockup, especially with linked items that let you have a full interactive mock of your app.
The software is also accurate enough to make some graphical mockup
And as you can export them as PDF with link, you can even share them with everyone!

The collaborative tools make this even easier and open Cacoo to a whole new set of usage.
As its easy to use and share, you can have a very nice whiteboard to share with remote collaborator when brainstorming.

And last but not least, the versioning system let you edit as far as you want any diagram without the fear of losing anything in the process :)

Pros

Easy to use. Powerfull. Got some great features.

Cons

There is really nothing I can really complain about on Cacoo. Expect the fact that the very old diagrams made with the very old flash engine are not upgradable to the current one. That's really all.

Paulí S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Cacoo a friendly software

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

I use it to prepare some draws on my business work... just previous workflows draws sended to my engynering team.

Pros

The easy way to work . I'ts an esasy software and very friendly to work with.

Cons

Need to be in other lenguages to help users.
Some times not easy to draw..

A simple to use and powerful tool

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Cacoo provides a clear and easy way to produce diagrams describing complex technical solutions which are then understandable to less technical stake holders

Pros

Cacoo provides an incredibly easy to use platform for creating in depth analysis and design diagrams. The interface is intuitive mean no real requirement to train users to access features and be able to quickly produce business ready design artefacts.

Cons

Until Cacoo rolled out google SSO, logging into the product was tesious as it would bounce you from NuLab to Cacoo credentials. However now that is resolved I have little to complain about.

Max S.
  • Used for 2+ years

Great tool for mock-ups and interactive wireframes

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

A robust, simple and fairly priced wireframing tool, that allows building great mockups for marketing and product managers.

Pros

– Easy to use, requires no designer or programmer background to create interactive mockups
– Many pre-built elements for constructing custom wireframes: buttons, inputs, icons, shapes, etc
– Very powerful free version

Cons

– Some UI functions are not very convenient or intuitive. E.g. it's necessary to click the panel item once again to close the context menu (rather than simply click outside the menu).

Yu wei C.

My love and hate tools.

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Pros

My favorite software is the Shapes, I can easy to find the match shape and using on my graph in the min time.

Cons

My least favorite is the Elbow Line. I use a lot and copy the elbow line to connect the shape. sometime when I modify elbow line to up-down or lift-right. it will output Lightning type.

Luis arturo M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best diagram software out there

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

I have been using it since i was on university, I have used to make software diagrams, electric diagrams, and red networking diagrams

Pros

I love the flexibility of it, the fact that i can use it on every computer that i am.

Cons

Sometimes it gets slow, the flexibility comes with a cost.

Yen ching L.

A tool that every product manager needs

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Pros

Gives you the flexibility to create wireframes and mock ups easily.

Cons

Newest version has a few bugs to iron out but the customer service team are great at getting issues resolved quickly.

Frantisek H.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Cacoo as my friend

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

all kind of schematics, tables, organization charts, and more

Pros

user friendly and robust tool, easy to learn it

Cons

creativity allowed, very good templates

Miguel eduardo R.

Very useful

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

I notice that make changes in the diagrams are very easy and quick, so, it's helpful when a mistake must be corrected immediately.

Pros

You don't need to pay to try it out. It's very easy to use and covers a lot of things to make elegant diagrams

Cons

It's not completely responsive on some mobile devices.

Lisa R.

I have been using Cacoo for about 2 years now. Very easy to use and perfect for my needs.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Pros

Very easy to use and almost immediate support after sending email. Easy way to visualize and organize your work. I provides me with the ability to use 'hand drawn' options which are pretty cool and make it look like we are just "whiteboarding" and not making real decisions right away which puts people at ease.

Cons

I don't know if it is an issue with the product or my internet, but when the wire has a lot of elements it takes a long time to move items (grouped or selected together) or increase or decrease resolution.

Marc H.

Great collaboration software

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

We've been using Cacoo for years. It is a great piece of cloud-based software. I'm looking forward to using the tool with the new interface.

Pros

I use Cacoo to create highly accurate line art for websites, brochures and other collateral to share with clients prior to development. It has been an indispensable tool for communicating visually. I also like the link sharing function, which makes it easy to share drawings.

Cons

There should be a link share to view and a link share right into the edit mode. When I do share links, often my customers are confused on how to get from the front end of the Cacoo site into the edit mode to actually participate in the editing of the document.

Also, sometimes when you zoom out, the fonts don't seem to render correctly.

Mark J.

Simple, Functional, Accessible & Flexible

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

Pros

Cacoo can be used for a wide variety of things - As a product owner, I typically use Cacoo for workflow design, user-story mapping, and architectural design/diagramming.

Our team is able to collaborate around the work within the application - and the outputs can embed straight into our Confluence pages (Atlassian software) using the Cacoo plugin.

It's incredibly easy to use and I'm able to access my work across all of my devices.

Cons

Cacoo previously had a user-driven marketplace for additional stencils, which has now been removed.

Whilst they significantly upgraded the standard libraries when they removed it - I liked to be able to browse and add additional stencils for the creative community it had.

Garrett P.

Excellent Diagram Tool for a team

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Our network diagrams are maintained to a much higher level than with previous tools. The speed with which we can build out diagrams allows us to provide visual aids to prospective customers very quickly and easily.

Pros

Very pleased with how simple it is to add custom object and integrate them into our workflow.

Edits are intuitive and straightforward. Easy to train and onboard new users.

Cons

Biggest gripe about the software is the handling of transparency when adding objects. There's some level of frustration with trying to 'connect' objects with lines in our diagrams with the aforementioned (poor) transparency handling.

One of a kind

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

As a software developer I need to create diagrams of states, make prototypes of graphical user interfaces, model data, create entity-relationship diagrams and graphic schemes in my proposals, in each of these activities Cacoo has been my support, through its interface intuitive, modern and its wide variety of resources cover 100% of my needs for layout and prototyping, Cacoo has helped me a lot in my professional activities.

Pros

Cacoo is an excellent application that is part of my most prized tools for prototyping, sketch-ups and any diagram I need. I am a software developer and I use Cacoo constantly, it is a flexible and powerful tool, definitely the one of a kind.

Cons

I have not found anything negative to this wonderful tool

Chiara C.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

One of the best wireframing tools out there!

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

I have been using Cacoo for creating charts, diagrams, site maps, site architecture and to create images to use in presentations to take people through really complex concepts in a very user friendly and clear way

Pros

I've been using Cacoo for over 7 years now and I still love it and prefer to most other online tools I've tried. It's good value in terms of price but provides an impeccable service and it's completely based online so it's very handy both for collaboration, back ups and can be used pretty much from anywhere.

Cons

the only thing I'd like for them to improve is the image manipulation tool

Jenny H.

A lifesaver for the diagrammatic expert and process-flow-impaired

Reviewed on 23/04/2017

After using Visio at work for process flows for several years, I signed up for a free version of Cacoo specifically to mock up some wireframes. I've since started using it for all of my business needs, from diagramming swim lanes for documenting process flows, and I can't imagine life with out it. It's incredibly simple to use, and the free version is full-featured enough to really get a sense of what the tool capable of. The one time I had to ask support for help on a sharing feature they were responsive and knowledgeable. I've hooked a few other coworkers after just by sharing the awesome visual representations I was able to create and we're trying to get it adopted as the standard at our company. Such a time saver and it's improved the quality of my documentation and presentations immensely!

Pros

Ease of use, ease of sharing and exporting

Cons

Different keyboard shortcuts for quick actions (e.g. ctrl + c doesn't always work to copy, so I try to remember to use ctrl + d instead to duplicate, but it throws me off for a second each time)Lo

Isaac A.
  • Industry: Program Development

An amazing collaborative tool

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

Overall, Cacoo has been very good to me. Putting together unique flowcharts and diagrams featured quite heavily during our project conception phases. Cacoo is also extremely easy to use, and getting new team members to learn it competently took all of a few hours. It has been a very useful tool to have in our portfolio.

Pros

Cacoo allows me to share links with other team members to source ideas on collaborative projects. And they won't even have to log in to access the shared session, the link grants them direct access. And considering our teams are almost always on the go and sometimes have to work on borrowed equipment, it has been an extremely subtle but very practical solution to several incidents of delayed input from collaborators.

Cons

I had no major issues with the app except that I thought they could offer a lot more creative options for diagram features.

Jens T.

Best webbased Mockup- and Flowchart tool

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

I really like to work with Cacoo as I don't have similar Tools like Visio. It is a good platform to be creative. For Example I have used it to create a Gaming Board as a base for an upcoming Board Game.

Pros

This Software is really easy to use and is based on the most popular processes for building strong Flowcharts, Diagrams and Mockups. There are very many Icons and graphics to use

Cons

As it is a webbased Software in some circumstances it is a little slow. and of course you only can use it on big Screens. It should have better performance on Tablets like iPad.

Laron H.

A wonderful diagramming tool

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

Pros

Templates, Templates, Templates. Cacoo has so many templates that I find it hard not to find one that meets a particular need. And once a template is chosen you just input your information particulars and there, you are done! Cacoo offers a great way to visualize your work and also is very organized. I like that it has a history feature to easily undo actions, and provides version control to track major changes.

Cons

The paid version might be on the pricier side when compared to other diagram development tools. Also, I have no problems in this regard, but a novice may take some time to get use to it.

Great Product have been using it for Years!

Reviewed on 04/03/2019

The convenience of having multiple people working on a project at the same time and communicating with them within the tool.

Pros

We are an agency and I like that I can set up client projects into folders and EVERYONE on our team has access to project flows, site maps, and wireframes whenever and where ever they are.

Cons

The back and forth of going between NuLabs and Cacoo when I have to add another human to the account and or administer the account. Used to now, but it is confusing for anyone coming in new.

Hariprasath T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Review for Cacoo

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

When you are a newbie for a Software product and you'll need to understand the product well then use Cacoo to create diagrams to easily understand the flow of the product functionality.

When I used Cacoo it was really helpful to understand the functionality of a product using the diagrams
Easily can share with the lead to get approval

Pros

The way we can use it to create diagrams. It's very much easy to create a diagram for a whole big software product features. I am using this and recommend my friends to use for their easiness to build a product in the diagrams using Cacoo.

Cons

Sometimes it's very hard to zoom in and out because the window is somewhat big.

Magdalena S.

Great software!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

I used on a daily basis for composing diagram flows, simple mockups in the IT industry

Pros

It has a lot of nice templates (especially for the diagrams). Mockups look clean and I have a lot of features and flexibility for using the elements and composing mockups.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find elements you need to use. Some of the elements for the diagrams are missing (especially when it comes to BPMN 2.0)

Marc L.

review for cacoo

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

I'm a computer analyst and i use cacoo to draw the screen of the application. Very usefull and very nice application. Also eays to share project with the other analyst. Easy to learn how to use it.

Pros

It's on the internet. Easy to use, good software, reliable

Cons

At first there was a french version of Cacoo. With the new version, they remove the french version, just english. Il would prefer if we still had the french version.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use for simple diagrams

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Software system architecture and design diagrams. Collaborating with teams across the globe.

Pros

The ease of use. It is simple and might not include all the fancy features of desktop apps like Visio and Omnigraffle but the fact that it is online and collaborative makes it perfect for sharing and collaborating across global teams.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind. More features are always nice but nothing specific I am missing.