Backlog

Online project management tool for developers

4.3/5

129 Reviews for UK Users

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A great app for any work with an active team

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

We work in a research project for Artificial Intelligence in Games.

We work in a research project for Artificial Intelligence in Games.

Pros

I really like the fact, this is easy to add some issues and to follow any kind of problem. This is also really easy to assign an issue to someone.

Cons

The different kinds of priority are not enough, that will be better to let the user define its own priority (high, normal and low are not enough sometimes to make the difference)

Getachew
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Sprint backlog

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

Prioritization: A backlog allows the business to prioritize tasks and projects based on their importance and urgency.It ensures that the most critical items are addressed first, preventing important tasks from falling through the cracks.2.Resource allocation: With a backlog, businesses can effectively allocate their resources, such as employees, time, and budget.It enables them to plan and distribute resources based on the backlog's priorities, ensuring that resources are not wasted or misused.

Pros

Project Management Capabilities: Backlog offers a range of project management features, including task tracking, subtasking, milestones, and Gantt chart visualization.Users appreciate these functionalities to keep their projects organized.

Cons

Complexity: Some users find Backlog to be too complicated, especially for those who are new to project management tools.The learning curve can be steep and may require some time to fully understand and utilize all of its features.

Jullian

Accessibility

Reviewed on 26/07/2023

Pros

Features are shown and quite sufficient.

Cons

The features are difficult to use and hard

Deny
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Common software in Japanese Company

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

I use this software maintaining the offshore project from Japan, this software mostly good, never hang or shut down, because this software conduct the maintenance after the office work.

Overall this software is good for maintaining the projects.

Pros

1. We can attach project file into the software.
2. We can track by the project category.

Cons

The interface not so attractive, that's why Japanese people mostly like this software.

Free but functional

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

I'm very happy working with Backlog tool. Email notifications are insanely useful for tracking changes.

Pros

It works well for small projects; it covers (probably) all features you may want to use and it is free for a team like my own.

Cons

No Cons, honestly. For this price it is impossible to find any ;)

Review for Backlog

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Pros

It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons

When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

Sarthak

A Critical Evaluation of our Backlog Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Pros

- Tagging the user in comment section and that user is notified is great experience for me.

Cons

- if there is functionality related to remember password.

Peter
  • Industry: Publishing

A great alternative ticketing system for teams

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Pros

We're using the basic plan and it provides us a great deal of flexibility for our teams. It allows us to keep track of items really easily and submit via email, etc is a breeze. Our users are finding it very easy to get into the system and are seeing quicker responses to their queries.

Features of the system are great and what you would see in more expensive alternatives. Pricing per company is excellent compared to per seat as well.

Cons

Make sure you setup on the right plan to start your trial as you cannot change while you are on trial which is somewhat challenging if you setup a stack of work prior to your change. Apart from this support has been great when needed and the service runs quickly and smoothly.

• Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

This service is very good.

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

We use Backlog to track all the work in the department. All the documentation is stored in Backlog. It's very convienant.

Pros

The software works well. It makes it easy to track what everyone in the group is accomplishing each day.

Cons

When we send emails to Backlog, embedded pictures are lost. We work around it but it would be better if it just worked. Additional reporting would be nice to have.

Santhosh Rao
Santhosh Rao

Best Review Software

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros

I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons

Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

hai

Some Uncomfortable

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Very good expect 2 thinks above

Very good expect 2 thinks above

Pros

- Grantt chart and burndown chart..

Cons

1. It's "Copy custom Fields From other Project" in [Project Settings] -> [Custom Field]
=> I dont know why "(※ Relation with issue types not copied)". It's very uncomfortable for me and someone manage like me.
=> Our Company have Standard Custom Field for all Project about 100 Custom FIled and some Custom Issue Type. When I Open the new Project , I just wanna Copy all Custom Field and Issue Type from Old Project.
But not like this, just copy Customfield and Availabes all Issue types. After that, I must to click 1 by 1 to fix, or delete. It's take many time from me. how long i will spent for fix that with 100 custom Field and Custom Issue Type????
Please think about that. and fix this
I just want to Copy all Custom Field + Issue Type from the old Project to New Project. and button delete all Custom Field
2. It's Add a Group of member to Old/Archive Project.
=> It's very hard. I have alrd 100+ project archive and click 1 by 1 to add a Group member. so bad.really bad.
Please add a Button add a Group of member to all Project or atleast let our choose list project to add.

Excellent ,easy to adopt,easy to use

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

We are using the Backlog tool on 2 projects with a total of c. 30 people involved. For one of those, it is used solely as an issue tracker. For the other one, it is used as the main tool for managing the project( keeping the track of backlog items, version, milestones, question, improvements....) Wiki is widely used for changelogs and manuals. Project documentation is stored in the Files section.
The whole team ( especially the upper management) is really satisfied with the tool and we will keep on using it for upcoming projects.
It also has gained some traction in the entire company so other teams are using it with the same results and satisfaction.

Pros

- easy to use
- Wiki functionality
- ability to add a custom category and issue types
- dashboard and recent activity
- search functionality works excellent
- support team

Cons

- lacks the ability to add custom status for issues (starter plan)
- mail notifications are sent to the assignees only, but not the one notified in the notify field

surendra

Great Software

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

It is very user friendly and easy to use

It is very user friendly and easy to use

Pros

I have been using backlog from the past 2+ years. It is very easy to use. It has many features like wiki, store file, gantt chart... Recently they introduced the Board which is very useful to see all the tasks in one place.

Cons

There is nothing i am disliking from this software

Nguyen

Good services with the best price

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Pros

Cons

need add more than status check (current status: open, In progress, Resolved, Closed) need add more (Review)

New Custom Software Tester

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

Last year, I started working as an [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a custom software company and before I started here, I had no experience in the field. I started testing to learn more about the development side and was then introduced to Backlog. Backlog has helped make the learning process smooth for me. As someone who enjoys lists, this site is great. It helps me prioritize and communicate thoroughly.

Cons

I wish I use use multiple filters. For example, under the category "not closed" I am trying to test just the ones listed as "bugs" so I have it filtered to show me just the bugs under this category. But I also want to go from oldest to newest but when I click that, it shows me all of the issues in that order.

Hoàng
Hoàng
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Work smarter with Backlog!!!

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Friendly, easy to use, easy to manage, work more efficiently. However, we need to notify the user (via email) when the server has problems to be able to organize the work

Pros

Unlike the Github, GitLab ..., Backlog allows me to have an overview when the project has multiple modules, each module needs a separate git repos.

Cons

I have trouble verifying who committed the code when viewed on the git tool of the Backlog

Jeremy
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Backlog for the Win

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Pros

We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons

Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

Jennifer

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 09/07/2019

Backlog has helped us get a handle on our massive list of bugs and upcoming features.

Pros

It's simple, easy-to-use, and clean, while still having most of the features I want in a bug tracker.

Cons

There are some times I would like to be able to categorize tasks by custom parameters, which is not supported. Also I think the user limit for the free tier is a little restrictive.

Chiara
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Chiara

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

It is good compared to other product ex. Jira

It is good compared to other product ex. Jira

Pros

I like that is easy to use but some features have to be more accurate.

Cons

It is not always easy to understand where you are. There are a lot of functionalities but not always are clear

Prabu

Backlog review

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

We can track the issue's status but its does not have completion percentage of the issue. Improve...

We can track the issue's status but its does not have completion percentage of the issue. Improve UI

Pros

issue type and tags. Easy to create new issue/task

Cons

Need to concentrate on User Interface so that user can easily access the app

Suprisingly easy to use, yet feature-packed

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

We have a new healthcare application that is in the early stages of development. I was looking for a solution that was simple to setup, yet could effectively manage issues and provide a "home" for the project. Backlog's issue tracking + project wiki are the perfect combination and solution.

Pros

It was extremely easy to setup projects, including customizing issue categories and types. UI is very clean, yet provides lots of functionality without having to dig for buried actions.

Cons

Only regarding the project wiki -- I'd prefer to see better HTML support instead of just Markdown.

Nchimunya
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A genuine review on backlog

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

Pros

Prioritization, Task Scheduling, IT project management, The platform simple is to use and was easily integrated to our system

Cons

Honestly I found the system to be user friendly and we haven’t found disadvantages yet but if we find any problems will let you know

Sandhya

Good and ease to use

Reviewed on 15/08/2021

Pros

Milestone and task management on daily basis

Cons

QA workspace management on daily basis

Riya

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

This product is easy to use. It has great functionalities for every user.

Cons

Nothing found so far. Better numbering of tasks.

pramod
pramod
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

Easy to maintain bugs and their state .Very Useful.

Cons

Still i did not find any Cons in this software.