GanttPRO

Write a Review!
Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7/5

Kevin
  • Industry: Automotive

My 14-Days experience with Ganttpro as a student doing his bachelor thesis

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

For my bachelor thesis I was looking for a suitable software to create a Gant diagram/project work plan to better plan and track the progress of my thesis. I came across GanttPRO and tried it out with the 14-day trial version. During this time, I was able to tailor the tool to my needs and adapt it to my thesis. It should also be mentioned that I have unfortunately not yet tested the mobile app at this time and can therefore not give an assessment. In conclusion, I can only recommend everyone to test this tool for themselves!

Pros

- Tool can be used with a team, so tasks can be distributed accurately without losing the overview.- Quickly set task items and milestones based on their level and importance.- Access to the project no matter when and where you are.- Clear user interface that is easy to navigate. Thus, a quick and effortless change of the project work plan is possible as quickly as possible. - For me personally of huge advantage, the setting of deadlines for certain tasks.- A built-in export function to convert the plan to a PDF, for example.

Cons

After only 14 days of testing so far, I cannot currently summarize any points that are negatively relevant for me!

Mikhail
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

This is the best software for the Gantt chart diagrams!

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

I am using the GanttPRO since November 2022 doing one big university project. I have tried some other software, however, they all had some drawbacks such as small option range for the tasks, no customisation allowed and others... And only after I found this one, I do not need to search more because all I want is already inside.Me and my team successfully using the collaboration with MS Teams and it is working great!

Pros

Registration is very simple and will not take a minute. The software is well structured to create the specific type of chart - Gantt chart. It has collaborations with various platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Slack and more. In addition, there are different account types for different user requirements.

Cons

I have had no issues using GanttPRO so far and I still think it is the best option for creating and monitoring Gantt charts.

Teamwork.com

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Because better product (GanttPRO) was found.

Teamwork.com

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

I strongly recommend to use this software to work with any Gantt charts over other products.If you plan to use it as a enterprise product, I recommend the Business version as it allows to create large groups and track them using the software feathers.If you are required to use advanced feathers of the product such as project customisation, tasks overdue, etc. the Premium plan is you option.For common users the Basic plan is cheap and contain all necessary feathers to work with Gantt charts.And the best in my opinion is to use it as a Student because the software team provides a fully free plan for them.
Chokri
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

GanttPRO a management tool for development.

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

GanttPRO ensures efficient synchronization and good coordination between all the project teams and then we have developed a very good level of communication and we gain time and money.

Pros

the most impressive features I think that real-time interaction and easy workflow notices and comments with attached documents were the most impactful features of GanttPRO software.
GanttPRO solution was very useful even for the training team and was closely interfaced and implemented with our ERP information system and for all our business processes.

Cons

I hope that a template model task can be copied for the main tasks of one project at one click and I don't need to copy the template task for every new task because in our case, all main tasks should follow the same process so they have the same subtasks.

Thanh

Gantt Project help me graduate 2nd years of college

Reviewed on 14/04/2024

Overall, I like to use Gantt project just for how easy i took me to learn and uses it.

Pros

I like the fact that it very easy to use and learn. Setting constrain and timeline features is without a doubt perfect for me.

Cons

It can export to Excel format but the excel format it's export cannot be use in MS Project

Allan
  • Industry: Publishing

Tested over 15 Gantt/Project Management apps and GanttPro really tops them all!

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Sign in and, go! That was my personal experience the minute I started using this app. The application is very intuitive, but I am a technical person, the real test was when I brought the rest of the team and managers to the platform. The team felt comfortable on the application and there was not much training we had to provide. If you are used to excel and to-do list you already know how to use this application.

Pros

Here are my pros, I have been using this software for a couple of months now. The app is quick to learn. You have actual printing formats; say you need to print a project map on tabloid or legal, the application outputs the right size for printing files formats. Drag and drop of tasks feels firm. Subtask numbering is a godsend. Modern look and feel. Ability to add resources like people, materials, etc.! Column view format for tasks. Is all there! GanttPro really replaces Microsoft Projects, and Gantt features on any popular project management app out there like Asana, Trello, and various others.

Cons

Reporting needs some work. I would love to see more reports like, executive status report of project/s, dashboard-like reports for team meetings, birds-eye view, burn-down, burn-up, charts and other metrics for the project/s, and just more reports in general.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

The product felt stable and fully featured.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

I think I tested almost all the products that I found on Google and other sites like Capterra that had a built-in Gantt feature. That was about 15+ over a period of a year. GanttPRO really tops them all thus far.
Louis
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One of the easiest and useful online project management tool on the market

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I am able to track timeline creeping using the baseline feature on GanttPRO which I find it extremely useful to update team members and stakeholders to explain the deviations.

Pros

The interface of GanttPRO software is easy to use and intuitive enough even for beginners. It allows you to plan and manage your projects by phases and task level. You can choose to assign task to team members who are working on the same project as long as they have an account with GanttPRO. When things goes wrong and there is a deviation on the project timeline, GanttPRO allows you to track these deviations against your baseline, in this way, you will be able to track the task and update stakeholders about the delays and make a decision if addition resources should be allocated to mitigate time creeping on the project timeline. It is simply easy to use and it works.

Cons

The trial time is too short to be of any use to anyone who is working on a real project. Sometimes it takes a completed project to convince stakeholders to buy in for the software.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Monday.com doesn't allow Users to track deviations on baseline.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

GanttPRO allows Users to track deviations on baseline, which is a mandatory requirement for any Project Managers in my opinion.

Response from GanttPRO

Louis, thank you for choosing GanttPRO! As for the trial extension, we can individually consider your application. Please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected].

Alexandr

Impressions after migration to GanttPro

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Pros

First of all, I was impressed, that it has intuitive interface and I could start work without additional help. Second, After creation of tasks, I can easy see it on timeline. Before we used Trello, and developers track time inside the card. But here it was a bonus, that I can fill in the cost of hour for every team member and see not only the time, but all cost of task and project at all. I don't need to calculate it manual.

Cons

Sometimes after changing any parameters in the task it didn't save. But it was on start, now I know, how to do it correct.

Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Wider functionality to manage development and count costs and salaries

Trello

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Jira was for me very complicated, Trello was good, but it don't has calculations of costs, it really saves a lot of time and clear for all Team members

Response from GanttPRO

Alexandr, thank you for the positive review. If you will have any questions, feel free to contact GanttPRO support center.

Fernando
  • Industry: Defense & Space

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under “Agile” rules.
The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to “Agile” way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to “undo” something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass “crtl+z” could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

GanttProject , TeamGantt and Ganttic

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Because GanttPro allow to select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours, and to create links between the tasks, and to agroup tasks in subgroups.
Tristan
  • Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time.
Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by.
Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

What I've been looking for

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

I was looking for an alternative to MS Project and happy to have discovered GanttPRO. It is simple enough but has the flexibility for more complex tasks and reporting if needed.

Pros

I like the tutorials and help widgets that help me navigate and better understand the software. I have limited background developing Gantt charts and the quick how-to information was super helpful.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this point. If I experience any, I'll update the review.

Kendall
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the most trusted online gantt chart tools

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

I find the built-in lessons and help widgets quite useful for learning my way around and getting the hang of the program. The brief instructions were very useful given my lack of prior experience with creating Gantt charts.

Pros

GanttPRO's strength lies in its extensive features and nice, straightforward interface. It is particularly useful for team projects because it facilitates straightforward task monitoring and planning. It is an excellent solution for teams that value open communication and efficient workflow management due to its cutting-edge visualization, adaptability, and insightful progress updates.

Cons

Although a more aesthetically pleasing UI/UX would be preferable, GanttPRO's functionality far outweighed any visual concerns I had when using it on a regular basis.

Giuseppe

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature.
Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Response from GanttPRO

Giuseppe, thank you for the review and for using GanttPRO. We would like to pay your attention that the time task tracker has a timer option. It means you can start/stop logging your working time whenever you want.

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Christopher
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

GanttPRO review

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Overall I like this program. It being online helps too in that you can access it from any computer.

Pros

The ease of use is the key to this software. I built a gantt chart without prior knowledge of this program and it is intuitive. Changing time frames is as easy as a click and a drag. Tasks can be a multitude of colors. Being a designer I like the fact that the resulting gantt chart can be a beautiful document. More customizable features would be great to that effect!

Cons

Copying one task to make another is still as little cumbersome in that it does not automatically place it where you intend. After copying sometimes it places it in weird spot and you need to do a re-shuffle of tasks.

Response from GanttPRO

Hi, Christopher! Nice to hear such a positive feedback. Thanks!

If you have questions or issues to fix, please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected].

Yuchen
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

GanttPRO: A Comprehensive Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

GanttPRO has been an excellent project management tool for our team. The advanced Gantt chart features have enabled us to create detailed and customized project plans, while the robust task management capabilities have helped us keep track of progress and prioritize our work accordingly. The resource management and time tracking features have also been useful in managing our team and tracking project progress. Although there is a steep learning curve, the user-friendly interface and helpful resources have made it easier to navigate. The customer support has also been great in answering any questions or resolving any issues we've encountered.

Pros

Advanced Gantt chart features, such as task dependencies and critical path analysis;Robust task management capabilities, including task prioritization and progress tracking;Resource management features, such as resource allocation and workload tracking;Time tracking features, including time logging and time reports;Integration with other tools, such as Jira and Trello;User-friendly interface and easy-to-use functionality;Great customer support and helpful online resources.

Cons

Some features are only available in the more expensive plans, limiting functionality for smaller budgets.

Ahmad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The finest platforms for using the gantt chart template to work schedule and allocate tasks

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

So I could better explain their projects and tell them of developments, he helped me illustrate the work programs for different clients in a bar chart manner. And all of this utilizes basic technology offered by GanttPRO for a modest fee via a website, without the need for complicated processes and programs that are difficult to master and explain to clients. It will also help me clarify the work plans for their projects and tell them of updates.

Pros

I admire the ability of GanttPRO to distribute responsibilities precisely and clearly to our team members, which is a great method to handle projects. The Gantt chart template offers everyone more attention and makes them eager to complete the activity on time. I particularly like GanttPRO's ready-made templates that allow me and the team to quickly develop their plans. In addition, I enjoy how updates are done on the baseline work schedule and the exact results that can be retrieved from those updates that let you know which activities are progressing according to plan and which are overdue.

Cons

It's easy to use, has a nice user interface, and once logged in, you can work directly, save and share modifications with peers. This will allow you to start a new project and share it with the team, as well as update existing ones.

Sebastián
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

From chaos to order: The power of GanttPro on project managing

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Definitely, planning, tracking, and overall project management have become easier, more efficient, and better since I started using GanttPro. As I mentioned before, it has helped me design and keep track of project timelines, activities, and their status. It has also facilitated team communication since everyone knows their responsibilities, for example.

Pros

My job as a project manager for a psychotherapists' company has led me to discover new tools to manage the projects I've been working on. That's how I found GanttPro, and I can honestly say it's a lifesaver. I believe that, with the current surge of technological advancements, especially in app development, there have to be better, easier ways to do the work, and this tool definitely does that. I used to spend countless hours working on Excel sheets, doing something that GanttPro helps me accomplish faster, cleaner, and overall better. It has significantly improved my planning and monitoring capabilities. It's visually attractive and comprehensive, and it has even allowed me to collaborate with my team. Without a doubt, I would recommend it if you are looking for a reliable solution for project management.

Cons

I believe GanttPro is quite good. Fortunately, I haven't encountered many problems along the way. Perhaps the most difficult part was inviting my team to leave their old ways behind and try it, especially since there are some old-schoolers among them. However, the interactive and user-friendly platform allowed them to become proficient without much trouble.

León
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best Project Management Software out there!!

Reviewed on 26/09/2020

I was designing a bioengineering process in order to obtain a desired molecule, and I wanted to improve the timing in my project. I first tried with the usual Excel, but the main problem is that in my process there are unit operations that can take a week and others that can take just an hour, thus, there is a poor visual aid. However, when I first tried with GanttPro, I could solve it in a very intuitive way and within 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid.

Pros

If you want an easy and visually impactful tool to manage your project in terms of task-timing and working volume, GanttPro is the best (and only) solution. I made a professional Gantt diagram in a very intuitive way in just 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid. It was perfect to differentiate between operations that can take long (weeks) and operations that are quite fast (hours). I highly recommend it!

Cons

Despite the fact that it may be a little expensive for students around the world, GanttPro even offers a free plan for us. Therefore I think there is nothing I could complain about.

Response from GanttPRO

Leon, thank you for such an amazing review!

Ambre
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful tool to follow up on a project

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Great tool to follow up on your project and now when you are overdue. The timeline option is great and mostly the dependencies. You can use it for multiple projects in the same space and allocate team users to it so it is easy to use it in a collaborative way. If you want to use it only on your own, it is not mandatory to allocate team members to it. Dependencies allows you to measure the whole impact when things get delays (which always happen) and mostly, to get an overall view on one project, which is sometimes hard to get when you are in between multiple files and streams !
Took a bit of time to understand how that work, but once you get confortable with it, it really allows you to do great things !

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Ambre, thanks for using our application. If you'll have any difficulties, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Josephine
Josephine
  • Industry: Computer Games

Questionable business practices and terrible customer service

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

If you are a small business owner considering purchasing the product, don't. If you do, be VERY careful with how much you are paying, and double check the amount every step along the way.

Pros

The software itself works reasonably well. Milestone, timelines etc are relatively straightforward to set up, and it looks good, which is why I thought I would purchase the full product...

Cons

Throughout the process of reviewing pricing plans and purchasing the product, I was led to believe that I was paying $15.99 per user per month, on a monthly plan. However, at the final payment confirmation step with their payment processing service, the cost changed to $160. Surprised, I tried to cancel the transaction, but I had already clicked through, as I had never experienced a payment changing at that point. Unfortunately, there was no way to cancel through the app itself. I immediately contacted customer service, who said that they do not provide refunds and that the product I was purchasing was not available for a monthly plan. This despite the fact that I had 364 unused days on the annual plan that I had inadvertently bought, and the pricing page had explicitly stated a monthly price. [sensitive content hidden] (the only person who appears to work in customer service) then showed me a screenshot of how you are intended to find out about the lack of monthly plan - you have to select "monthly" on the top right, then go to the plan and select the number of users, and only then there is apparently a tooltip that informs you that this plan is unavailable monthly for 1 user... despite the fact that the entire website still happily shows you the monthly price. To make matters worse, in my browser this tooltip is nonexistent. I showed "[sensitive content hidden] " the screenshot from my end, and received no response.All in all, this is definitely one of the scummiest business practices I've encountered.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Plan your Project NOWWW!

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Overall, GanttPRO offers more than the money one can spend on it. It is efficient and makes project management easy and more comfortable.

Pros

I can start project planning easily, and update the progress of the project in real time. I can collaborate with my colleagues and modify the plan according to the development. It is very efficient and easy to keep trak of different projects at a time. Also it provides best privacy.

Cons

To be honest, GanttPRO is best solution for project management but its important to learn and take lessons to become pro in project management.

Peterson
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best gantt chart platform I've ever used!

Reviewed on 05/09/2022

GranttPro helped me deal with my projects and tasks the way I need to keep everything on track.

Pros

GanttPro was the best tool I've found online to help me with the management for my projects and side tasks. Easy to use and personalize, GanttPro helps you to keep everything on track! You can plan events, projects and tasks, creating tags, setting date limit, and even inviting others to collaborate with your projects. GanttPro provides different views for the data you have, you can see your projetcs tasks as the best Gantt charts you have ever seen, or as panels grouped by their status, or even as a full list. You can manage all this with just one tool: GanttPro.

Cons

I just wish I could have found this tool earlier.

Dixie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

GantPro Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Pros

GantPro software offers a seamless project management experience with its intuitive interface and robust features. In my experience, utilizing GantPro significantly enhanced task organization and collaboration. The drag-and-drop functionality simplifies project scheduling, while the dynamic Gantt charts provide a clear visual representation of timelines. The resource management tools ensure optimal utilization of team members, fostering efficiency. Moreover, GantPro's real-time collaboration feature streamlined communication among team members, boosting overall productivity. The software's adaptability allowed for easy customization to suit the unique needs of our projects. Although some may find the learning curve steep initially, the software's comprehensive tutorials proved immensely helpful. Overall, GantPro stands out as a reliable and powerful project management solution.

Cons

I don't like how you can't schedule an end date of a parent task

Blake

Great Software

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Pros

This is easy to use, and I love the project history that is available.........no searching through multiple folders......all active projects are right there. Easy to change dates, durations, dependencies, and switch between projects. I've used both MS Project and FastTrack, and I'll admit that those are super robust programs..........but for the money, GanttPRO is easier to use and has 90% of the features that those big guys have.
FYI.........I track low level construction projects in the multi-family industry.....previously, I was tracking bigger construction projects in Commerical and Health Care industries and still did not need to use all of the features in MS Project or FastTrack.

Cons

There have been a few glitches..........but customer service fixes them quickly. If you need a super robust system, this might not be the best.........but for 75% of project management needs, this fits the bill.

Response from GanttPRO

Blake, thanks for the positive review!

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Jim

Great ease of use

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Pros

After using GanttPro, I'm thoroughly impressed. This software has transformed the way I manage projects. It's user-friendly, yet incredibly powerful. Creating and visualizing project timelines has never been easier. The drag-and-drop interface, real-time collaboration, and critical path analysis have streamlined our project management process. The ability to adjust schedules on the fly and track progress in one place is a game-changer. GanttPro's customer support is exceptional too, always ready to assist. It's a must-have tool for anyone serious about efficient project planning. Thanks to GanttPro, our projects are now on track and stress-free.

Cons

While GanttPRO is an excellent project management tool, the pricing structure, especially for larger teams or enterprises, can be a bit steep. This might make it less accessible for some businesses with budget constraints.

Régulo César
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easy to make it a sidekick Companion

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Pros

The GanttPro software package include significant and useful tools. It features a refined UI for improved user experience, advanced Gantt chart tools, and a very better resource management: for those Professional planners, there will not be Problem in adapting to it and straightforward use. I have read even when not try so for that GanttPro include also enhanced collaboration facilities through real-time commenting and third-party tool integration. Also a feature that calls to my attention was the possibility to use a mobile app which I understand, has been optimized, security bolstered, and performance fine-tuned. The software includes a time tracking integrante which is one of the most valuable feature for my working as “autónomo”: without the requirement of extra software, you can keep updated and truely online all the foro in and of your projects making it easier to prepare invoice and demostrase them when becomes required. GanttPro provides an intuitive, efficient, and collaborative project management solution.

Cons

Until now, nothing. I am just beginning the use. I should use the mobile app, check the integration, also the collaborative using for spread it out with colleagues.