Hygger

#1 Kanban tool for software development teams

4.6 /5 (119 reviews) Write a Review!

Gabriel M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Perfect for my Medical School Class Officers

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

We are now able to collaborate even without meeting in person or over zoom. This is an amazing platform 😎

Pros

I love that even though we rarely see each other in person, we can all collaborate and work on projects jointly with this platform. It makes assigning tasks, keeping track of what’s been done, and future planning much easier for us.

Cons

I had to make sure to tell my coworkers to use the email I added to make an account before clicking my link but that’s just to say that there will be problems if they sign into a different account. Just have them sign out and sign in with the email you invited them on. Easy fix :)

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for your warm words about the software. We are glad that Hygger helps you to collaborate with your remote team.
We will try to make it clear about the emails. However, even if they use the wrong one, there is an option to change the email in My Profile Settings. Also, please do not use the invitation link if you have already sent them the invitation to email to prevent duplicating the accounts.

Syris N.
  • Industry: Executive Office

For personal use, highly effective at curtailing task overload

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Pros

+ Tasks can be plotted by dragging and dropping onto a priority graph. Many popular techniques are included, such as the Eisenhower Matrix, Value vs. Effort, etc. After taking the time to plot my old personal tasks on it, I was able to confidently throw out about half of them as unimportant.
+ Rich features - allows for time tracking on top of prioritization, and most common techniques (like Kanban) are included. I'm definitely keeping this as my personal tracker for the foreseeable future.

Cons

- Lack of bulk actions is a fairly large negative. Sometimes I want to be able to view my current projects from multiple prioritization views, since one method doesn't capture everything (eg the Eisenhower Matrix doesn't track time to completion). The way tasks are linked right now requires individually going to each task, but since the functionality is already there, I can't imagine implementing bulk actions would be hard.
- When tasks are manually linked individually, there doesn't appear to be any option to have linked tasks auto-update. This would stand in the way of multiple priority graph view implementation.

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for sharing with us!
We considered your review and added the option you had asked for - Bulk actions. Now it's possible to edit several tasks at once, and there is no need to open each of them to assign members, add labels, etc. Haven't tried yet?!
Please login and open the Table view of any board to see Batch Edit :)

María noel H.

Great tool for teams

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Pros

It's a great tool for all members of my team, as for me Hygger is vital to keep track with tasks, and de development of every work package.

Cons

It's easy to learn easy to use, allways on track

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for the review from Hygger team!

Carlos M.

Easy to use and a great alternative for agile development

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

I like Hygger because is really easy to use. Any kind of user can start using it immediately with a very short learning curve. You can find in Hygger the main characteristics for agile methodologies like kanban and scrum. You don't have a limit to create projects or dashboards so it fits perfect for small companies to the big ones.

Cons

A feature that Hygger doesn't have is some kind of reporter. As a project manager I required to extract some statistics about the total number of tasks asigned in a project, by status, how many tasks are asigned for team member, etc.
Also, I would like to have some kind of color theme customization. In addition to the options to configure each dashboard (swimlane, add columns, task label) and think that it would be great to have different color in each block of columns or by category (swimlane) for easy reading and team organization.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for sharing with us! Your feature requests were saved on Hygger Backlog. Feel free to share more features you would like to see in Hygger:)

• Industry: Media Production

Very interesting Agile project management system

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

A very good agile kanban board and I like it using.
It is very simple and easy to use for most of the parts, but need some UI improvement and feels kind of heavy on my pc and mobile.

Pros

All feature is free, a very interesting and attractive feature. 100MB of internal storage and integration with all major platforms. This is a gem in my toolbox.
Well sign up is painless, just activate from my email and follow their wizard and My company is created.
I have some 2-month backlog from various projects to catch up and got this template to create a project and started working.
I am familiar with kanban board and this agile kanban board is very simple to master.

Cons

The UI is not accessible from my laptop screen as I use an old laptop, "Use template" option is hidden so low and not scrollable at all. I have to zoom out to see the button.

Response from Hygger

Hygger team will keep implementing Hygger to improve your experience in it.

Francesco D.

Absolutely the best solution for our company projects

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

I have used Hygger in my company for several months and it has helped us a lot in organizing the tasks. It's great to use it.

Pros

There are several reasons: it is very easy to use, you can easily use the scrum methodology, there are many pre-set templates and customer support is fantastic!

Cons

Honestly I do not have much to say about things that are not good, really! Perhaps the only thing that can be improved is the application for mobile devices.

Response from Hygger

Thank you, Francesco!

• Used Other for Free Trial

Hygger is built on experience and knowledge

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

This is good software if you just pay attention to managing your project and ignore tiny bugs in the user interface.

Pros

It seems that a knowledgable team has built this application. it supports a variety of Project Management concepts.
The signup process is really easy and very fast. The signup email also has been sent very fast.
There are plenty of board templates which user can use them for a very fast start. It helps users to have the most suitable board based on their business and use of the software.
Using Some useful and well-known approaches for prioritizing tasks in projects is really nice. For example, the ICE method which is calculated by Impact * Confidence * Ease

Cons

They should pay more attention to the user interface. it could be more professional than the current one. they have not considered some tiny issues in UI., for example, I watched The Youtube video on their site and I decided to sign up. The sign-up dialog box was under Youtube video.

Response from Hygger

Thanks for the review!

Wynand K.

Finally an easy project planning tool with the basic features you need in a scrum team

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

Its one of the most intuitive and easy to use tools that I have seen until now. It's exactly where you wish for in an small scrum team.

Cons

That you're not offered full control over the updates / messages you get, their is an option for email but would like a daily or weekly digest if you work with bigger or more teams.

Response from Hygger

Hygger team will keep implementing the tool to improve your experience in it.

Aušra L.

Hygger - first time used and liked it.

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

We are using this software for product development and its very convenient for us. We also are willing to keep all the information in one place, therefore, Hygger is quite a good option for that.

Pros

This is a very convenient software to use for product and project management, as it allows exporting and integration with other tools used within our company.

Cons

The pricing and the payment is difficult as we cannot easily book a standard plan. It has something to do with the transactions in Dollars and its difficult to understand, whether the plan is set up or not.

Response from Hygger

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties with payments.
Now Hygger has an Upgrade button on the header that helps you easily purchase a plan. Once you have paid for the subscription, the button will disappear.

Christopher Y.

smooth for the most part, no noticeable issues, appreciate the interface.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

faster and easier access to development history and different version of code

Pros

it provides some good web based access to replace/manage usual cmd work. it's nice to see all the history of the different commits displayed in a neat matter

Cons

i wish the commit history overview had the option to display more information at a glance, so not just the commit message, but the list of files that were changed. that way it'd be easier for me to find the commit that i'm interested in.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for letting us know what features Hygger is lacking.
Feel free to share more suggestions on how we can implement the software for you.

I am coming from use JIRA and I found in Atlaz the basic functionality I need to complete a...

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Simple Project Management, Task Management and Collaboration tool.

Pros

I like the simplicity, usability is ok, I think new users will love to use it, I found the workflow simple enough for small medium projects.

Cons

I don't like or maybe I didn't understand the task assignation, this is an important feature, as a project manager I want to check and push the team and this link of assignation or groups assignation make me feel that I am not in charge of the project.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review! Please contact Hygger Support Team to get more info about the task assignment. They will be happy to help.

More robust than Trello and very Intuative

Reviewed on 29/11/2017

Pros

Atlaz has all of the features of Trello PLUS a lot more that have been very valuable such as the ability to estimate and log time, an awesome feature for evaluating the effort vs value of your backlog in a Magic Quadrant style and a lot more. It's been great for working with contractors and keeping everyone in sync, up to date and really helps with planning a product roadmap. I'd recommend for any startup or enterprise.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for sharing how Hygger helps you! We highly appreciate it :-)

Vasilisa L.
  • Industry: Events Services

All you may want from a Project Management tool

Reviewed on 09/07/2019

Pros

Super easy to use and intuitive. For now I'm using the free version and it's more than enough to handle one project. I don't need to use a few different solutions to run a single project anymore. It replaces Excel sheet and Trello. It also has amazing visual side and Gantt charts.

Cons

I haven't noticed any cons for now. Great product!

Response from Hygger

Hi Vasilisa,
Thank you for the review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed Hygger.

Antonio A.

The perfect tool for software projects either you choose trello or prefer Gantt Charts

Reviewed on 06/03/2020

Pros

A real strong contender in the project management space Hygger is very flexible you can choose , Kanban boards , Trello or prefer the old fashioned Gantt chart . The user experience is intuitive , and the design pleasant to the eye.

Cons

I haven't noticed any cons for now. Great product!

Response from Hygger

Thanks for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Simone T.

Great tool for manage multiple projects

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Pros

I liked to have multiple Boards for the same project, and all the tools mixed together like Roadmaps and Sprint Boards

Cons

A lot of functionality still doesn't exists, there are some bugs when copying tasks from Backlog to Sprint Boards, and it would be nice to have an integration with Google Calendar

Response from Hygger

It's been a while since you left the review. We have made a lot of changes in Hygger :)
Please check it and let us know what features we have missed.

Alexander B.

We were looking for an online board which would allow us to integrate Kanban.

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

It helped us collaborate with our remote team easily

Pros

It allows you to break columns into sub-columns. It allows you to show who is working on a certain task

Cons

I would like to be able to set WIP limits on both of the sub columns, also it would be good if I could add Definition of Done descriptions to the columns

Response from Hygger

We will take into account your note about the WIP for the sub-column and Definition of Done. Thank you so much for sharing!

Rodrigo C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

It is great for simplifying the scrum process, but I feel it still has a few issues to solve

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

The way you can make every card feel more like an object, connecting it with its tasks and the part of the process it is

Cons

I feel like being only a website has its limitations, from some small visual bugs to not being able to use shortcuts and things like that

Response from Hygger

Great news for you - our team has made a lot of changes to the software. Now you may use Shortcuts to quickly edit a task.
It's time to refresh your memory about Hygger :)

Really good

organization

Pros

Its a little more feature rich than Trello. I like the different board styles (kanban, sprint, etc)

Cons

Cards that have been pushed to another board are copies rather than references. Requires 2x as many updates

Response from Hygger

Hygger is Trello on steroids :)
We have updated the Push option - once you complete a dependant task, it will be completed on the parent board automatically.
We haven't ever stopped to improve our platform.

Miles S.

Really helpful

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Pros

The swinlanes is a game changing feature.
It makes a real difference with Trello.
And the possibility to change the style.

Cons

There is No email to task.
It just don't make sense to me. It would really help the flow on a daily basis. I would use it everyday.

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for your review! We'll keep in mind the email tasks option next time we discuss the features update in Hygger.

Martina K.

Trello and TeamGannt in one

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

I like Hygger a lot, especially the Priority feature is super cool!

Pros

More user-friendly than TeamGantt, and still simple enough as Trello.

Cons

The app could use some work for sure as currently its very limited to use. It has not solved my issue with where to put quick ideas that I get randomly during the day, so I still use Trello for that.

Geraldo henrique L.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great

Reviewed on 22/09/2018

Pros

Easy to use. The functions are simple to use.

Cons

Nothing, is a good software, I can do what I want.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review from the Hygger team!

Paula M.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Hygger - Coments

Reviewed on 02/06/2020

Pros

The tool is very easy to use. Have been helped manage team activities.

Cons

More color options to differentiate users.

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for your review! We'll keep working on Hygger to make it even better.

Ryan M.

With ease of use like Trello but all the powerful features of JIRA or Asana

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

The roadmap board is a unique feature that does not require any plugins to work. It is great to switch to the RoadMap (read: Gantt Chart) from a Kanban board or sprint board. App integrations are great too!

Cons

I don't the like the per-seat pricing. I would like a self-hosted option with one time purchase pricing

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for your review.
We have the self-hosted version of Hygger in our minds. We will notify you if we decide to add it.

Aaron G.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A great way to combine your roadmap with your kanban sprint board.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

The kanban board and filtering is outstanding. Supports backlog, kanban, roadmap, and time tracking..

Cons

Its quite overwhelming the amount of functionality, this makes it rather tricky to get started with.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for your honesty! We did all the hard work to simplify the platform and keep the powerful features :)
Please create the company account to test it out.

Peter G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Potential is there for as a Jira and Trello replacement

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Product insight and forecasting for CRO.

Pros

We are using Atlaz for our product roadmap and CRO prioritizing. The task scoring helps me understand where our effort is best spent for maximum ROI . It is very easy to setup and customise boards and build team workflows to support the steps creating greater accountability in our team.

Cons

It is frustrating that you cant link a task from backlog into a roadmap for forecast planning. At present, you have to move or push it which creates a new task. This may be because of how I am using it for CRO, but this feature would be beneficial in a lot of cases. It might also be good to allow more customisation in a task by adding custom text areas, currently there is only description and comments. I would love one for hypothesis, acceptance criteria, solution, considerations etc. This would change in different use cases, so similar to checklist, have an option for text area.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review! It helped us to see what to build next. After some consideration, we added the Link option to Roadmap. It links your tasks, and the made changes will be updated on both boards.
It's time to log into the company account and try it:)