Clockify

4.7 (4,825)
Write a Review!
Time tracking for unlimited users and better productivity

(4,825)

Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great solution for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

We found a solution that solved the need to have lengthy spreadsheets with all our projects, now we can share, coordinate and summarize everybody´s work.

Pros

This solution is great, easy to use, have great functions to export reports to excel to perform analysis, nice and powerful dashboards, and almost no training needed for the users.

Cons

Really we can´t find Cons for this app, the only issue is that the timesheet feature is not shown by default, but you can simply make it appear with a little of research.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We needed a tool that gave us the option to share information in real time, help us control billable hours and stop working with spreadsheets to control our projects.

monday.com, ClickUp and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We did a cost benefit analysis and Clockify had the highest rate.
Stephen Brent
Stephen Brent

An easy-to-use tool for growing businesses

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Pros

As a growing agency, we spent a lot of time researching time tracking tools and software that was simple to use and did the job without too many bells and whistles. We simply needed to track time for specific clients and tag what kind of work we were doing. We didn't need the ability to invoice from it, so we were also looking for something that was affordable.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the most user-friendly. I am always able to pull the information I need, but it can take multiple steps to get there.

I wish there was better integration with ClickUp.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used Hive for project management and time tracking, and we switched to ClickUp for PM. The time tracking reports in Hive never matched up to how many hours we knew we were logging, so we wanted to separate time tracking from the project management software.

Hive

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We chose Clockify over Harvest due to price point. Harvest charged the same price as ClickUp, and it didn't make sense to pay the same price for time tracking as project management.

Response from CAKE.com

Thanks for your review, Stephen!

If you have any specific ideas for improving reports, feel free to email us at [email protected], or use this feedback form https://clockify.me/feedback

Ahmed

Great software

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

Easy to use, can use from any device with internet

Cons

I didn’t like that the app freezes sometimes

Response from CAKE.com

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your review.

In regards to the app freezing, would you kindly contact us at [email protected] so we can investigate the issue?

Clockify for freelancers

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

Pros

Clockify is really easy to use, you can find the features so easily.

Cons

The user interface feels old. It needs to redesign the UI.

Response from CAKE.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.
It will be forwarded to the team in charge!

Ziva
Ziva
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Clockify helps us track and make most use of our work time.

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Clockify helps us to make proper use of our time by tracking how we are spending time doing various tasks. By keeping an eye on the time, we are able to avoid cases of time wastage. It also helps us to optimumly utilize the available time and resources through scheduling.

Pros

Clockify is so accurate in time tracking and helps us to understand how we are getting to use our work time. This helps us to reduce time wastage which would later translate to poor work delivery. It gives us in-depth time reports with clear details on how time is spent doing exactly what. It helps us to organize our work routines by scheduling our work with shifts to ensure we get to finish off our duties in time and by involving everyone in the team.

Cons

Clockify has won all our hearts by giving us the most precious and error-free experience. There zero dislikes for it.

Laverne

Great for Remote Workers

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

I love that I can be self-sufficient and responsible for keeping track of my time because some projects require that I keep track of time independently. Clockify makes it super simple to save the hours worked daily so that I can accurately report the time worked.

Cons

I have not encountered any drawbacks with Clockify.

Katie
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Clockify Review

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

Been very happy with Clockify and look forward to using it for a while.

Been very happy with Clockify and look forward to using it for a while.

Pros

Timesheet style design. Good user interface.

Cons

Reports are sometimes hard to figure out.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for your kind feedback, Katie! We are glad to hear you're enjoying Clockify. Cheers!

Kevin

Clockify Time Tracking Review

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

Clockify's feature to assist us with time tracking based on various tasks in need of completion throughout the working week is the most beneficial feature for our needs.

Cons

Clockify can work to develop a more interactive / user friendly experience for new users. Overall, it's a great resource to assist with time tracking needs.

Amber
  • Industry: Performing Arts

clocking is it!

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

Pros

great for tracking employee attendance and time sheets as well as other software functions

Cons

The clockify software is ok but nothing much else

Kristine Joy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

THIS APP IS AWESOME!

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

It is worth trying and you will surely buy this whole product.

It is worth trying and you will surely buy this whole product.

Pros

I'm a first-timer using this app, and at first, I don't have any expectations. But this app is worth trying for. It is not hard to navigate plus the results or logins are real-time. No bugs or system errors so far.

Cons

So far I liked this app and it helped me a lot.

Emiel
  • Industry: Design

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Pros

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Cons

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Freedcamp, MeisterTask, Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Pricing was ridiculous. We are a manufacturer and use a lot of different students to make our products. We use the app to let them keep track of what they make. It was not feasible to pay per user as the added value is to low on a per-user base. We ware looking for an app that did not charge per user!

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.
João
  • Used for 1+ year

The best by far for personal projects or Independant Freelancing

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Amazing, best could not ask, I would like to make a copy cat of this one just for fun, that is how good it is.
Really good work guys. If you want more business though, maybe have 2 different models one for personal project / freelancers and another for companies so they could track people's hours in a legit form(track editing and how edited, team user accounts all that)

Pros

Really really easy and intuitive to use, plus the right features for billing and calculating the time spent on a project.

Cons

It is not that I do not like, it is simply that Jibble is the tool for companies employees sign-ins and outs, Clockify wins in how fast and adjustable it is for independent workers but loses with companies who need the closest to the most legit form of tracking employees hours. In that sense never noticed Clockify being careful about that.

Louis
Louis

Clockify is a great starter time tracking system

Reviewed on 24/04/2021

We have loved Clockify for what it is. It is the least expensive option for getting your small business up and running. We had a time tracking system that was integrated into our previous billing software due to reasons outside of our control we had to leave that software. We quickly realized that time tracking software was an expensive and terrible space. Clockify is a gem in the middle of a minefield of time tracking software. With additional polishing. It could really be something special. In the time that we have used it. It is already clear that their development team is committed to it and is making great progess.

Pros

Clockify is an inexpensive option for small or startup companies. It has most features that these types of companies need to get up and running.

Cons

The reporting at times has been borderline useless at best incredibly confusing. I would run a report. My employee would run the same report. We would each get different results. Something in our administration levels must have affected the report. We create web software for a living, and we were so confused by much of the reporting that we couldn't determine what accurate numbers would be.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Our accountants made us switch to Quickbooks.

FreshBooks

Price and features.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for your honest feedback, Louis!
We're happy to hear that you find Clockify useful.

As for the reports, is it possible that you and your users are in different time zones?
If so, you will always see the reports according to your time zone, not the user's who tracked time. If you'd like, you can check this page for more information https://clockify.me/help/users/time-zones

And if you need any further help, feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Jesse
  • Industry: Online Media

Clockify is a great free tracker

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

I have used Clockify for close to two years and I have yet to find a time tracker that is as functional and straightforward. Other apps have more modern designs, but at the expense of usability.

Pros

The basics of any time tracking app is, of course, tracking time. Reports are also very helpful, along with tasks for a project. Clockify is the one app I've found that is free for all those features. It's well designed and thought out. Every feature you need is within quick access and simple to find.

Cons

The interface is as modern as some other trackers (Toggl, Harvest, etc). I occasionally look at other apps just to see if there's a better looking one. But they all either lack the features I need at the free level, or aren't as intuitive to use.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify has a great free level, and upgrade price for more advanced features is very reasonable. It also is easy to use. Since I don't have a lot of time as a small business owner, I need to be able to jump in and use the program right away without downtime. No other app I've found has as easy an onramp as Clockify.
Tom
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool for time tracking, timesheet, and delivering professional services.

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

I've been using Clockify for years, starting from selection of a system for time tracking, adoption and evolution over the years. It started with the right strong points, and matured in other areas.

Pros

Ease of use is the star feature of Clocikfy. It has the right degree of sophistication to support enterprise reporting needs, but doesn't isn't onerous on the data entry side. It is far better than "simply using spreadsheets" (which is NOT really simple due to lack of back-end integration that Clockify has). While its feature set has grown to be truly enterprise-grade, ease of use has been maintained. I've also worked with other sophisticated enterprise systems that are feature-filled but over-priced. Clockify has the optimal balance.

Cons

There's nothing not to like. It makes the time tracking part of the job, which isn't my favorite part of the job, require no more than the minimum effort.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

The overall ease of use is best with Clockify. The ease of entry for consultants is one priority, but we also needed ease of administration, and ease of integration with other systems. We get all that with Clockify.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Ease of use in several key areas.
Laura
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Free version still has lots of features - better in browser

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

It's nice just to be able to keep track of writing time, and measure some basic analytics, and the billing feature is really good for remembering the value of your time and the amount you have invested into a project. Its free features seem to surpass its competitors. It would be cool if it had more custom options (e.g. themes) and if you could hide things you don't use as a premium member to keep everything more minimalist. But Clockify has been a very good app to me and I don't have plans to switch anytime soon.

Pros

You just hit the timer and go, which is great. I use the free version, which has all the functionality I need as a one man band. I did explore different options not too long ago to see what was out there but ultimately found Clockify offers the best analytics tools on its free version. Competitors generally only offered free trials or had free versions with extremely limited features. You can also have it linked to Chrome, which is good.

Cons

I wasn't keen on the overall look for a while. It would also be nice to have the option of a simpler interface if preferred - for instance, as a writer I only really want to know what draft I am on, rather than naming each individual task, and I can do that using the projects feature. Right now I'm lazy and tend to duplicate tasks, only realising later that I had assigned an inaccurate name. It also makes it harder to sort tasks later. I tried the app on my desktop and phone but found them a bit janky, so I stick with the desktop version. Also, I do like the extra Chrome options, such as the Pomodoro timer (which I only recently noticed), but sometimes I get notifications asking if I want to add unrecorded time when I can see I am recording the time already.

TimeCamp

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I actually came to Timecamp afterwards and was considering moving to it as it had a more modern and attractive interface and I liked some of its features. However, after the trial of premium ended, I found that the remaining free features were extremely limited. There was basically nothing you could do at that time but put in time entries, you couldn't even look at a graph or most of the other tabs. Seeing that Clockify was far more usable with lots more functionality, I stuck with that. With Clockify, paid features have never obstructed my ability to actually use it.

Response from CAKE.com

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to leave the review!
Feel free to share any ideas regarding the app functionality or look directly with our product team at https://clockify.me/feedback. Also, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected] if you encounter any issues with the app.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Computer Games

Love Clockify!

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

My overall experience with Clockify has been good. I do however, wish that the "dashboard" feature on desktop was the default option. As it is, I have to click to open that and close the original window which looks like it was designed for mobile.

Pros

I really love the features that are presently included. It's a great and simple to use software which is really easy to pick up and get going. I have recommended Clockify to countless amount of people and in several freelance and corporate work environments I've worked in.

Cons

Just wish it had a few more features. I would love a GANTT chart ability on the platform including integrating an LOA and time-off system. More features for admins and project managers to be able to see via tables, charts, and graphs information about team members and productivety would also be great.

Jira and QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

In my opinion these softwares are a bit clunky to use. They are super friendly for admin and project managers but not the most friendly for regular users who actually need to input their time. As such, I much prefer clockify as it is much easier to use and quicker to get a team adopted to using it for time tracking.

Jira and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

My reasoning here is the same as the "Why did you make the switch?" question!
Hossein
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best affordable software that can save you tons of time!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

We tried multiple software for this purpose and finally come to the decision that Clockify is the right choice for our company in these remote working days, so I can suggest you test it and decide by yourself, but this one worth for sure to give it a chance, at least from my perspective and with main factors that I and my team had in mind.

Pros

The report section works awesome!
Also, it offers really good access level control and organization management features.
You can use and try it for free (as we did) for as long as you like and then decide to continue with premium plans or not

Cons

The smartphone application is really primitive and seems like a beta version :)

Do not mistake, it is completely stable, and you can use it, but still, a lake of features and offline working is there...

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Better reporting feature and better pricing in our case.

Better options overall.
Sabrina

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Cons

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Trello, Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I'd been with Harvest for 3 years before I switched. I did so because the free version I was on wasn't free anymore and the quality of their system wasn't worth the payment. I found Clockify because it also had a free version but I quickly saw the value in paying for the advanced features.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

It was the easiest to use. It was also the most cost-efficient without sacrificing the quality of the product.
Tim
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

What gets measured, gets managed

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Clockify plays a vital role in tracking our activities. Knowing what gets done, when, and for what project allows us to identify the tasks and resources we need to allocate.

The product has a very generous free tier, and it is relatively easy to implement with some basic introduction.

Aside from the various ways to log time, I enjoy the report feature because it allows me to view data in various ways.

Pros

I like that it has several ways you can track your time: you can manually log, use a timer, or input via the calendar. This feature helped make it easier to deploy to the team because they can choose how to log. And the dashboard shows how others are doing so you can see your team log as well.

Cons

None so far. It has been useful for our team. In due time, I'm exploring to use the paid version.

Time Doctor, QuickBooks Time, Trello and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used to log time through Slack which then gets moved into a Google Sheet. It was quite a tedious process.

Zapier, Slack and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify had the simplest but most functional features of the free tier for our use. And in the event we decide to purchase the paid version, it is the most affordable. The others are perhaps better for bigger companies.

Response from CAKE.com

Thanks for your amazing and detailed review Tim!

We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify and that it was easy to adapt it to your worfklow.

If you happen to have any suggestions for us, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Joseph

Easiest and Cheapest Project Management

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

I've used Clockify from when I was an employee tracking my work hours on a daily basis, to now using it as someone who needs to stay on top of other's projects and hours. I only started using it because it was free, but I prefer it to other things I've used in the passed, such as Asana, Slack, or just sharing a google drive.

Pros

I prefer the simplicity of the layout compared to alternatives and the free version accommodates most needs adequately. You're not forced to pay to get use out of it.

Cons

Some may feel that Clockify is more limited compared to alternatives.

Slack and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Other more engaging options feel almost like social media to me at times, or at least slightly more distracting than Clockify. I prefer it's layout, which to me feels more focused towards promoting efficiency and concentration.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify is exactly what you need and nothing else for cheaper than the rest.
Simeón
Simeón
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Nice way to keep track on your time

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product.
So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pros

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation.
On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button.
A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case.
The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on.
Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables.
And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

Cons

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project.
Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible.
I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Gabrielle

!! Highly Recommend to Businesses of ALL Sizes !!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

We are a nonprofit organization, and have been using Clockify for years. We've never experienced any problems, and this software is extremely EASY to use. Other programs we researched were too tedious or complex, but Clockify makes every feature simple, and provides MORE services we haven't even begun to use yet! It's incredible! We use this every day for our employees to clock in and clock out, for the bookkeepers to create monthly reports to see which projects we are spending most of our time on, and it even has a mobile app that's very efficient. By far, the BEST software we have found, and I highly recommend Clockify to businesses of ALL sizes.

Pros

Cons

I have not found any "cons" with Clockify, and we've been using it for years.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Streamline Time Tracking and Boost Productivity with Clockify's Effortless Management Features

Reviewed on 03/06/2023

Clockify has been an incredibly helpful tool for tracking my work hours and reporting to my boss. I primarily use it in my web browser, and I have to say, it's one of the easiest time tracking software I've come across. What I love about Clockify is that it's lightweight and doesn't slow down my laptop, allowing me to seamlessly track my time without any hassle.The user interface is clean and intuitive, making it a breeze to navigate through the various features. I particularly appreciate how easy it is to clock in and out of tasks or projects, and even manually enter time in case I forget to track it in real-time. It's a simple yet effective process that saves me time and effort.One of the standout features of Clockify is its reporting capability. After tracking my time, generating reports is a breeze, and I'm always impressed with the detailed breakdown it provides. The reports are presented in a beautiful and easy-to-understand format, making it simple for me to analyze my productivity and identify areas for improvement. It has been a great aid in helping me make informed decisions about my work and manage my time more efficiently.In conclusion, Clockify is a comprehensive and reliable time tracking solution. It has significantly helped me optimize my productivity, efficiently manage my projects, and gain valuable insights into my time usage. I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a user-friendly and feature-rich time tracking software.

Pros

- The ease of use and intuitive interface.- The ability to track time on various tasks and projects accurately.- The detailed and visually appealing reports that provide valuable insights into productivity.

Cons

There is nothing significant that I disliked about Clockify. However, it would be nice to have more customization options for the reports.

Netanya
Netanya
  • Industry: Veterinary

Easy to adopt time tracking solution

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

My experience with Clockify is one for the books. As an individual and our organization at large, it has helped greatly in streamlining our time management which in turn has boosted efficiency all round. Through provision of useful infor that smoothen workflows that has helped us make informed decisions to tick all our goals individually and as the VetCare fraternity.

Pros

Clockify is an easy to use tool that provides effective time tracking, streamlined rotation management, timesheets with maximum accuracy and productivity insights. It also support third party products integrations which allows it to suit most if not all existing infrastructure. It is flexible in a way that provide both the free or subscription plan. Rotation delegation and management can get a little messy but with Clockify it gives that proper planning vibes. Customers or rather farmers infor and projects are in different drop-downs making it easy to follow up. I would therefore recommend for teams seeking to take account if their time and reduce on reconciliation at the end of every working period

Cons

With Clockify ,advanced features are only accessible in subscription version since the free edition comes with restrictions on some of it's features. With unstable internet connection you cannot utilize Clockify since it is a cloud based solution. This may inhibit time tracking since it's not always that one has a reliable internet connection.