Clockify

4.7 (4,074)
The most popular free time tracker and timesheet for teams

(4,074)
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

4074 Reviews for UK Users

Michael W.
  • Industry: Animation

I could not live without Clockify!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Rapid timesheet creation broken down into clients > projects > tasks so I have everything I need if a client questions an invoice. Most clients don't even question my invoices anymore as they know how thorough I am with my tracking, this is all thanks to

Pros

I love how easy it is to add time, you get really fast at doing it as you can either use 24 or/12 hour clock to input..If you do 12 hour you can just put PM/AM after the time..

My invoices and timesheets are in the same place and I've been using it for a while now so I've got really fast at adding my time. You can even label invoices as 'Unsent' - 'Sent' - 'Paid' and they're color coded so you literally never miss an unpaid invoice again.

Invoice automatically adds address you've set the client up with so you never have to remember to add address to the invoice..I've scrambled around trying to find address of a business, but if you have repeat clients you'll only have to ever do this once.

The time I'm saving in admin is worth every penny of the subscription!

Cons

The invoicing feature is missing the payment details. Luckily there's a notes part which I've been using, problem is you have to remember to copy and paste your payment details every time you create a new invoice. There's been times where

TimeCamp

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

As I am a single person, I thought Clockify looked the easiest and the free version helped me assess how I'd use it..I was really impressed so I purchased a subscription. The alternatives seemed more geared towards huge businesses with larger teams so the interface was a lot more complicated..Clockify can be as complex as you want it to be and definitely does an amazing job at hiding the complexity if you don't need it.

Attractive price for a basic feature set

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Day to day, as a user it's straightforward and easy to use. As a manager the detailed reports are handy and accessible. Exporting data for other platforms is not great and takes more time than should be necessary.

Pros

Clockify is extremely cost-effective and relatively easy to use. We were able to save a lot of money and onboard our team to it pretty quickly.

Cons

There's a lot of basic HR functionality and reporting missing here. It requires us to use another platform and have to consolidate them.

Response from Clockify

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback.

While there are some HR functionalities, and the reporting system, we would welcome any suggestion that you may have for us to improve upon. You can send us any of the suggestiosn you may have via this form - https://clockify.me/feedback.

Also, you can always contact our support team in case you need any assistance with our current reporting system and we will do our best to help.

Cheers!

Aria C.

Keep It Simple and Smart

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

Pros

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

Cons

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

Federico A.

Great product for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 02/04/2022

Since many ream members work from home, Clockify solves the issue of having everybody to connect to the server, all the information is saved in the cloud, allowing our analysts to upload their work information and helping us control the project's advance easily.

Pros

This tool has become a very important part of our daily operation because it is very user-friendly, it has many features to customize the solution and helps to increase the productivity.

Cons

As any other online based tool, if the internet connection fails, some glitches will appear, sometimes when sharing information with several users the information might take a little time.

TimeCamp, Toggl Track and TMetric

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used Excel in the beginning, but there was time-consuming consolidating all the information from the analysts. Having an online tool really solved the issue.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We review the other alternatives and the look, easy implementation and customer service helped us decide for Clockify.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for such great feedback Federico,

In case you experience any issue with Clockify feel free to contact our support team at [email protected] so we can assist you.

Best regards,

Melissa A.

Small Business Lifesaver

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

As a creative, I often struggle estimating time for creative projects (example: building a landing page or HTML email). Having previously tracked similar projects helps me better estimate for future proposals.

Pros

Mid-month I can use a rolled-up view to check in on hours (how I'm tracking for my retainer clients). End-of-month I can export a timesheet for billing to show these clients what I worked on (and how long I worked on it).
I also like that it can do a live time tracking, or, I can go in and log a previous time (example: taking a phone call on the road.)

Cons

User error: There are times I forget to "stop the clock"

Response from Clockify

Hi Melissa,
Kindly note that we have a Long-running timer email notification which can be enabled through the email preferences in the Profile settings.

Cheers!

Daniella V.

Best time tracker so far

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I tried a lot of time trackers so far, but Clockify was the only one that stuck with me.
It was easy to set up and it is easy to use, and you get quickly in the habit of tracking time with it.
The dashboard is great to see what is your focus so far and helps you optimize your workload and enables you to work smarter not harder. So if you are looking for a great tracker, that gets you into the habit of tracking I'd definitely recommend Clockify

Pros

- the simplicity of the software is great, it was easy to set up and use right away
- the chrome extension is great and it lets you track everything if you work a lot in Chrome
- the reporting feature is really good, let's me see how much I worked on different projects at one glance, this can help me optimize my workday much better
- the project time summary helps me to identify how much a project takes, which also helps me in creating better service packages
- the instant time tracker is great, a big help in getting into the habit of tracking time
- the google calendar integration helps to track meetings even more, which is great (I tend to forget to track meetings)

Cons

- setting up project and clients can be a little confusing first, you have to think of a system first, or it could get really messy
- a nice onboarding would help you explore the software quicker

TOGGLE, Harvest and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

The free version itself is better than most of the paid time trackers I tried. This was the only one I used on a regular basis and it also integrates with clickup, which is a huge pro for me.
Pablo esteban B.

Complete and practical tool to track time

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

My overall experience with the app is satisfactory, I can work with it seamlessly on traking everydays tasks.

Pros

I mostly use the time tracker for everyday tasks. I like the simplicity that makes is fast to use from it's webpage, and having last completed tasks listed and being able to resume them.
The timesheet also allows to charge planned or repetitive taks easily.

Cons

Adjusting the start - end hour when loading tasks on the timesheet could be simplified, now it requieres to manually edit every entry.

Alba M.

Great time-tracker

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Pros

It's easy to use and very intuitive. You can track different projects or clients easily. It allows you to use it as a team.

Cons

It doesn't iclude a scheduling software.

Ricardo R.

Best software for small business that require time organization

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Pros

Very intuitive to work on. It has good time tracking, and good report options.

Cons

When working together with other project management software (we use Clickup), it's not out-of-the-box to integrate with. There is a browser extension, but not the best.

Carmen M.

Excellent tool for small businesses

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

My overall experience is excellent and it's a tool I have recommended to all business owners even at the initial stage when it's a one person business. It was a game changer for me as it allowed me to focus on profit, delegate time consuming tasks and be more efficient. Now that I have a team I can analyse our time and continue to find efficiencies as well as ensuring there is time for training and personal development which are core to our company culture.

Pros

As a small business owner I appreciate having a tool that makes it easy to track time. This has allowed us to direct our time and efforts to the projects that were more profitable as well as making sure there was time for training and employee development. We are a team of 4 but the tool was useful even when it was just myself. Time tracking is the one thing I'd absolutely recommend to any business owner from the initial stage. It helped me direct my efforts, focus on profit, as well as delegating time consuming tasks.

Cons

I think there is so much more I could do with it but I haven't had time to explore other functionalities. The reporting tool could be improved by being able to merge different projects or change them. Sometimes we would accidentally create different projects for the same thing and looking back it would be nice to be able to fix those kind of things.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Best software to choose for freelancer

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I've been using Clockify for more than two years now. I tried other software before but this one was the best at that and still is. If you, like me have simple needs, this is the best piece of software for you. Remark to company: please don't grow. If we're using your product we are not interested in ERP. If you want to grow make a separate product containing project planning etc.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, fast response from customer service even when I was using only a free version of the software. Clean design, very good reports, ability to export reports to different formats. The basic version has almost all the things I need. Application is small, which is a big plus.

Cons

Lack of Polish version of VAT invoice is a little minus. If there were I'd have everything I need in one app. If you decide to implement that, please consider moving invoicing and time rounding from STANDARD to BASIC plan. I don't need managment stuff. There's literally no small and simple time tracking software with invoicing only. Every app like this slowly grows towards ERP system. Please don't grow. Hone the things you have now and make a separate product capable of integrating with bigger brother.

Tina S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Perfect for freelancers!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I first started using Clockify as a way to efficiently track my contractors' time and get a clear idea of which projects they were working on. It allowed me to better manage their time and manage resources. Additionally, as a freelance consultant, I'm able to track my own time super easily with the Chrome plugin, which makes reporting and invoicing a breeze at the end of each month.

Pros

The layout and features are intuitive and easy to use. The reporting feature is my favourite since it's dead simple to quickly generate a report of my hours (as a freelancer) and submit them to my employer, with all the relevant info captured right there. As a business owner, I heavily depend on this feature again to get a quick overview of where my employees' time is spent.

Cons

I can't really say I dislike anything about Clockify. It does everything I need it to do, which is why I've been using it for the last few years. I've never found anything lacking, at least for my purposes.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I made the switch because Clockify had all the features I needed, and even the free plan was robust enough

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify seemed easier to use
Sabrina M.

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Cons

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Trello, Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I'd been with Harvest for 3 years before I switched. I did so because the free version I was on wasn't free anymore and the quality of their system wasn't worth the payment. I found Clockify because it also had a free version but I quickly saw the value in paying for the advanced features.

Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

It was the easiest to use. It was also the most cost-efficient without sacrificing the quality of the product.
Olushola P.
  • Industry: Market Research

The best time tracking resource out there

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

Pros

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

Cons

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

TimeCamp, Time Doctor and DeskTime

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)
Hossein P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best affordable software that can save you tons of time!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

We tried multiple software for this purpose and finally come to the decision that Clockify is the right choice for our company in these remote working days, so I can suggest you test it and decide by yourself, but this one worth for sure to give it a chance, at least from my perspective and with main factors that I and my team had in mind.

Pros

The report section works awesome!
Also, it offers really good access level control and organization management features.
You can use and try it for free (as we did) for as long as you like and then decide to continue with premium plans or not

Cons

The smartphone application is really primitive and seems like a beta version :)

Do not mistake, it is completely stable, and you can use it, but still, a lake of features and offline working is there...

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Better reporting feature and better pricing in our case.

Better options overall.
Noelle C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Clockify for Time Tracking and Invoicing

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Clockify accurately and efficiently simplified and streamlined invoicing my clients; something I don't like to do, because it is such an necessary annoyance that I don't get paid to do. I tried several other solutions. Clockify's technical support incorporates changes that improve their software for the end user. I found it to be an intuitive software that I could manage myself with little help. It is simple enough, and I use it every day.

Pros

Clockify is a professional contribution to my consulting and billing business, because I track my time, and then invoice my clients similar to a legal practice. When I initiate tracking, Clockify stays active until I shut it off. Therefore, it allows for editing time and rounding up when invoicing my clients. I have used other time tracking software, and their invoicing or complexity left me wanting another solution for billing my time to clients.

Cons

Clockify has a learning curve setting up different clients, projects, and tasks, and for simplicity, I had to later combine categories from what I had initially set up. Also, there was some effort required in the beginning uploading excel-sheet time entries in the correct format by organizing the data specifically, but it was worth it, since I didn't have to take the additional time to transfer raw data from one software to the other.

Gabrielle W.

!! Highly Recommend to Businesses of ALL Sizes !!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

We are a nonprofit organization, and have been using Clockify for years. We've never experienced any problems, and this software is extremely EASY to use. Other programs we researched were too tedious or complex, but Clockify makes every feature simple, and provides MORE services we haven't even begun to use yet! It's incredible! We use this every day for our employees to clock in and clock out, for the bookkeepers to create monthly reports to see which projects we are spending most of our time on, and it even has a mobile app that's very efficient. By far, the BEST software we have found, and I highly recommend Clockify to businesses of ALL sizes.

Pros

Cons

I have not found any "cons" with Clockify, and we've been using it for years.

Roldan A.
  • Industry: Design

Roldan's Review

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

Pros

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

Cons

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.
Leônidas P.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Nice easygoing time tracking tool for personal use

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

I often work on multiple projects at 'the same time', and it can be hard to track how much time I'm actually putting into each one. Clockify helps me on that, and at the end of the month/week I can see how much work I have really accomplished and, based on that, plan ahead reprioritizing (or charging more) based on what I see. I also use it to keep my productivity in check.

Pros

It's fast, simple, light and practical (and looks good enough). I also like that it allows me to only use the functions that I need without having to learn/deal with all the other features it has.

Cons

-Navigating its menus can be quite unintuitive sometimes;
-It really looks/looked like a clone of the first iteration of Toggle, and that gave me a bad first impression of it. Still, the color pallet was better than Toggl's, and since the functionalities that I needed worked almost identical in both, I continued to use it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I tried a couple of different project and time tracking tools for my personal needs (tracking my personal work projects and daily activities). Some were to complex, some were to pricey, some were to ugly/had a bad UI. Clockify was the best one for what I needed.
Larry W.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good Web App. Needs Work on Mobile

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Good overall experience especially with the web app, but really needs work on the iOS mobile app.

Pros

Tracking time on the web app is very easy. The report is comprehensive.

Cons

Unlike the web app, where you enter everything on the first level interface, in the mobile app, you have to click multiple times in order to enter time entries and descriptions. Also, in the mobile app, you have to roll with the annoying times selection rollers in order to select the time rather than simply entering the time on a simple nine-number numeric plus AM/PM keyboard like other apps are doing. Further, the mobile app appears to rely on remote server rather than a local mechanism. Every time you enter anything, the app would need to sync with the server and you have to wait for that. And the fact that the mobile app would have to sync with the server every single time you enter any time entry, it usually create conflicts and mess-ups especially when you have another timer running on another device. Additionally, Clockify only has an slow & inaccurate old fashion iOS widget that you can only put on the -1 page and do not have the modern widget feature that goes with the new iOS system. A simple iOS widget that places a simple start/stop button on any iOS "desktop page (pages listing apps)" would be a game-changer. Being able to press a button on the first page of the iOS device to simply record starting/stopping time on the go and later come back to enter the descriptions would be very convenient. Users don't even have to enter the descriptions on the go right away if they don't want to.

Simon haoran L.

Best Time Tracking Software Ever

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

We are a full remote team working on projects for clients, so having a way to track time spent and pay out / invoice using tracked time is very crucial part of our day-to-day workflow. I really enjoy having a working software that I can track time on all of my devices and even have it integrated into other tools like Trello and our accounting software using API.

Pros

We like the fact that just the free feature is good enough for most of our use cases, and most importantly, a full-fledged API that we can integrate our workflows into the tracker so I can track project progress with time spent, help a lot with our retrospective process and refining workflows to optimize time spent, and I can easily grab the time spent on all teammates on each project so I can use to do the payments.

Cons

The Mac Desktop client can definitely use some love, but this is really minor issue, since we now use APIs more.

Hubstaff

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

TopTracker didn't have API, so we had to do some hacking to pull data programmatically, and one day the monthly invoice feature broke in TopTracker. I reached out to the team for support but they basically gave me a blanket statement and proceed with not fixing. Even though I still had projects tracked there, I made the switch as soon as I found that clockify also covers all of my needs.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

At the time when I used it, Clockify had the fixed price for features regardless of # of users, so it was pretty clear for me. Because I don't have a fixed # of people using the product when projects come and I am working with more freelancers. It was the best priced product on the market.
Tom T.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great tool for time tracking, timesheet, and delivering professional services.

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

I've been using Clockify for years, starting from selection of a system for time tracking, adoption and evolution over the years. It started with the right strong points, and matured in other areas.

Pros

Ease of use is the star feature of Clocikfy. It has the right degree of sophistication to support enterprise reporting needs, but doesn't isn't onerous on the data entry side. It is far better than "simply using spreadsheets" (which is NOT really simple due to lack of back-end integration that Clockify has). While its feature set has grown to be truly enterprise-grade, ease of use has been maintained. I've also worked with other sophisticated enterprise systems that are feature-filled but over-priced. Clockify has the optimal balance.

Cons

There's nothing not to like. It makes the time tracking part of the job, which isn't my favorite part of the job, require no more than the minimum effort.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

The overall ease of use is best with Clockify. The ease of entry for consultants is one priority, but we also needed ease of administration, and ease of integration with other systems. We get all that with Clockify.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Ease of use in several key areas.
Scott M.

Good product giving deeper insight into project development

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Overall, Clockify is a great tool that can help give teams more transparency into how time is being spent. It encourages good habits and organizational transparency, but it does require some amount of buy-in from users to make it effective.

Pros

Clockify excels at providing project teams with deeper insight into where time is being spent. It's reports are great for quickly providing the information that is desired, at any level of detail. It's numerous tagging features allow for commonalities to be observed between projects as well, to identify potential areas of waste. It also promotes a culture of transparency and accountability that encourages users to be proactive about how they spend their time.

Cons

It's strength in promoting active time tracking is also it's weakness. It requires users to "buy-in" to detailed time tracking. While the benefits are clear to project owners, managers, It can be a hard sell if trying to encourage adoption to a larger group that has an existing time tracking methodology. Many folks aren't used to tracking their precise activities and can view this as just another unnecessary tool. It works great for small teams.

Additionally, there are a few UI annoyances that make it difficult to update/correct time if you forgot to switch your running timer to a different item. It would be nice if there were different options for sorting your time in the Time Tracker page (ie. sort by time started regardless of project) so tasks appear linearly throughout the day so you don't have to click through the different projects trying to find the one that is incorrect. Additionally, it would be nice if you were allowed to set the current timer's start time to a future time. For example, I know I need to switch to a new task in 10 minutes, but will be busy at the actual start time to lock in the task change.

Jeremy S.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Love Clockify!

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

My overall experience with Clockify has been good. I do however, wish that the "dashboard" feature on desktop was the default option. As it is, I have to click to open that and close the original window which looks like it was designed for mobile.

Pros

I really love the features that are presently included. It's a great and simple to use software which is really easy to pick up and get going. I have recommended Clockify to countless amount of people and in several freelance and corporate work environments I've worked in.

Cons

Just wish it had a few more features. I would love a GANTT chart ability on the platform including integrating an LOA and time-off system. More features for admins and project managers to be able to see via tables, charts, and graphs information about team members and productivety would also be great.

Jira and QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

In my opinion these softwares are a bit clunky to use. They are super friendly for admin and project managers but not the most friendly for regular users who actually need to input their time. As such, I much prefer clockify as it is much easier to use and quicker to get a team adopted to using it for time tracking.

Jira and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

My reasoning here is the same as the "Why did you make the switch?" question!
Dennis K.

Vital Time Tracking software that is a HUGE Value for money

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Overall I genuinely enjoy using Clockify. I find that it gives me plenty of information, in a nice, easy to use package. Not even remotely considering switching to another product at this point.

Pros

I love the amount of features that are packed in the software for the cost. Other competitors are charging 2 or 3 times more than Clockify for the features that it is making available. With larger amounts of team members it still feels pricy, but compared to the competition it is just a steal!

Cons

The light theme is kind of ugly. I do wish there was more customizability with colors, but in the meantime the dark theme looks fantastic :)

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I made the switch because of cost. I had used the Toggl free tier which only allows you to have up to 5 team members. With the growth of our Agency I was thinking of switching to the premium tier but at $18 per user per month, it was just very very expensive. Clockify provides more features at $8 per user per month, so the choice was a no-brainer.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I made the switch from Toggl because of cost. I had used the Toggl free tier which only allows you to have up to 5 team members. With the growth of our Agency I was thinking of switching to the premium tier but at $18 per user per month, it was just very very expensive. Clockify provides more features at $8 per user per month, so the choice was a no-brainer.