Dynamo

Dynamo

Investment management software

4.3 /5 (3 reviews)
Christie P.

I used Dynamo at a previous employer and liked it so much I implemented it at GMF.

Reviewed on 17/03/2018

Pros

I have used a few CRMs throughout my career and Dynamo is the most user friendly and easily customizable of the lot. Being able to create fields and views without having to submit service tickets is immensely valuable in a rapidly growing business. I have been able to build our Dynamo tenant to most accurately reflect our unique business model instead of shoehorning into a preset box.

Cons

Our business model employs a significant number of transfers within and across entities. This has been my biggest pain point as the transfer process continues to change. I would love to have a process by which we could transfer from Investor Account A in Fund X to Investor Account B in Fund Y in a single step.

Thomas M.
Industry: Investment Management

Dynamo/Preqin Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 30/03/2020

Customer support has been great. There is room to improve on ease of customization by the user, as well as, data upload alternatives to Excel. Customization on next iteration looks interesting .

Pros

Centralized database. Designed to be the single source of truth on financials.

Cons

Difficulty in making changes to the excel upload template (customer support needed). Limited UI flexibility. Excel input to database.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Mac W.
Industry: Investment Management

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Pros

The team was already using Dynamo when I came on. I find it easy to use. I can easily organize all fund and manager information into one place so I can easily find it.

Cons

It's small, but when I search for things, it always takes a few seconds to load the drop-down menu to select what I'm looking for. The AI add-in is frustrating because it will auto-relate entities that are not related to the activity I'm saving. For example, if the notes in the body of an activity mention something generic like a Bloomberg Barclays Index, it will auto-relate every contact in the system from both Bloomberg and Barclays even though the notes are not about either Bloomberg or Barclays.