MRI Software

Cloud-based real estate and investment management software

4/5
4.3/5
4.1/5
4.4/5

Tenille L.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Taking the next step in productivity

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Overall, I am very pleased with MRI. It has streamlined our processes and protocols. We are much more efficient.

Pros

The software makes it easier to see our company as a whole. With multiple entities it was cumbersome to continuously jump back and forth between opening company files. Everything now is just a click of the button. I have real time data to work with and it has made my team much more productive in our daily tasks.

Cons

The implementation was not the best. The training process was a little difficult with doing things via web training, etc. I feel like there is so much more that MRI can do for us that we do not know about. I learned about certain items from other webinars since our implementation and have had to go back and set them up on my own. The trainers also do not have accounting knowledge so when you ask something accounting related it sometimes gets lost in translation.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing MRI Software

We switched from our previous software because we are expanding. We have purchased more properties and wanted to get a software that could make our department run smoother and more efficient.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Software

We chose MRI over Yardi because MRI was more user friendly. It was also half the price.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Tenille,
Thank you so much for taking some time to leave us a stellar review! We are very happy to hear your are pleased with our software an enjoy our user friendly interface. We take your feedback regarding training seriously and will be in contact with you and your team to better serve you as a valued partner! Here's to many more years working together!

Herb D.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

MRI Review

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

We use MRI for AR and Budget and Forecasting the product allows us to store and capture data at the tenant level and roll-up the data to accounts before we transfer to the General Ledger.

Pros

The product is relatively easy to use we do encounter turnover and we are able to bring train users very quickly. MRI does allow for customization we do require customizations to meet the needs of our business. Also the support required for MRI is minimal compared to other options.

Cons

I would like to see the reporting enhanced currently we use other 3rd party applications for reporting because the standard MRI reporting does not meet our needs.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Switching to MRI Software

Best fit for our organization the product is scalable and provided the functionality required.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Herb,
Thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear our Budgeting and Forecasting software serves your needs and is easily customizable. We would love to address your concerns regarding reporting and will circle this back with the team to ensure you have a better experience moving forward.

Patricia B.

Good Product

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

Good product for office and retail properties.

Pros

Very user friendly and meets all of our needs.

Cons

Customer support is slow sometimes and there are a few glitches that never seem to get cleared up but you can usually find a work around

Response from MRI Software

Hello Patricia,
Thank you for taking some time to leave us a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you experience with MRI over the last couple years has been superior and you find our product to be user friendly! We take your words regarding our customer support very seriously and will circle around to ensure your experience is nothing less than perfect moving forward.

Rhiannon D.

Change is scary - but sometimes you just have to leap!

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Over the course of 12 years and major changes on the MRI side - things haven't always been sunshine and rainbows but I have to say that MRI listens to its clients. They don't always get things right in the beginning but they have always taken our feedback and used it to evolve their offerings. We have worked with a number of other 'industry-leading' software companies and have never had the kind of interactive experience we have had at MRI.

Pros

We migrated from DOS based proprietary software in 2008 to a combined MRI/BostonPost platform. Change is scary and difficult but our experience during implementation was amazing. The implementation team walked us through each area to make sure our end result was exactly as we wanted it!

Cons

Growing pains have been the only real negative issue - but that is expected when you have been with a company that is constantly evolving for 12 years! MRI has a laser-like focus on constantly bringing the software to the next level, but we aren't always ready to level-up so we can see the new tools available but aren't quite able to use them yet - and that is really a reflection of our company, not MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for the extraordinary review, Rhiannon! We appreciate your partnership and honest feedback. As you mentioned in your review, we are constantly trying to improve based on our clients needs and we are ecstatic to know you've seen it first hand. We will continue to be here for you and your team and look forward to the journey together!

Melissa P.

Manage Your Investments - The Right Way

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Pros

I love that MRI Software allows your to be the owner of your own product. As an Admin and End User, you are in control of the way your data is updated and portrayed even to 3rd party investors. The software allows you to customize and choose your own modules and experience.

Cons

Due to the ever growing nature of MRI's business, there are always updates and new modules to implement or test. While this is exciting and change is inevitable in any software, it can also be overwhelming and chaotic/rushed at times.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Melissa,
Thank you so much for taking some time to leave a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you love the flexibility our software provides and they ability to customize of our software to fit your needs! We hear you loud and clear regarding the ever-growing nature of our business and will take your comments to improve this.

Louise G.

Has MRI acquired too many companies

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Pros

MRI acquired a number of Housing Authority software companies. We still are using the software we originally purchased (HAB Inc.) until the new platform is rolled out. The support has been excellent. I have been told the new platform is user friendly. MRI allowed us to change our contract to the same time period as our fiscal year.

Cons

New software package will not include payroll. Sounds like we need to pay for or do business with another company for payroll. I doubt MRI will reduce annual cost to make up for the loss of a program that we are receiving and paying for with the current software.

Billing detail could be clearer.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you so much for taking some time to review us, Louise! I am happy to hear support has been exceptional. We are excited to have you on board!

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

I have had consistently great customer support from MRI going all the way back to 2004!

Pros

MRI Software is highly customizable using the built-in toolkit. Integrations are easy to manage using built-in or custom APIs. The ecosystem is very flexible based on your needs, anything from a single server to a large multi-server farm or setup your environment with the MRI SaaS services.

Cons

Multi-database support can be a little challenging. Software updates are always system wide.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for taking some time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have been with us since 2004 and have enjoyed our great customer support since then! Thank you for mentioning our flexible ecosystem and highly customization platform. We look forward to another 16 years working together!

Kelly T.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

My Review LOL

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

We use MRI for our Housing Data Base. I have found it to be extremely helpful, and the tech support team is absolutely amazing.

Pros

I think its very user friendly. I wish it were a little easier to navigate between different sections. It would be awesome if we in occupancy and were able to jump over to that tenants TARS page, instead of having to do a search in both.

Cons

My least favorite part is the utility allowance module. It isn't very user friendly.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Kelly,
Thank you for your outstanding review and ratings!! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased overall with our platform and we certainly appreciate the feedback you provided below! We are constantly looking for ways to improve for our customers.

Angela O.

Easier than previous answering service!

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

It's nice not having to turn the answering service on and off every morning and evening or anytime I leave the office. I also love that it gives the caller a choice to help direct their call to whoever will be able to address their concern or answer their question through a message. I like that we can send a rapid response without having to call every person back in the event of a maintenance emergency.

Pros

I like that I can set it up in advance and schedule who will be notified when a call comes in and that it's automatically going to answer rather than me having to turn it on and off every time I will be out of the office.

Cons

Some of the features were confusing at first but I was able to play around and figure it out with some use.

Teresa C.

Everything I need right at my finger tips!

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

MRI is a great management software, but lacks things I was looking for like self teaching tutorials.

Pros

I have a variety of reports available to help me track rents, delinquency, budgets, and much more.

Cons

I feel you must have training to fully use this software, it is not self learner friendly.

Response from MRI Software

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for giving us a thoughtful review! I'm happy to hear that the reports have the flexibility you're looking for.

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the training resources you need. We have a variety of training options available that I'd be happy to connect you with.

Could you please email me at [email protected] and I will point you to the correct resources?

Best,
Matt Harrell

Denise O.

Pros and Cons of MRI

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

I have been using MRI for 15+ years. I find it to be very dependable and is growing with the industry

Pros

MRI software is user friendly. It oesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but the basics work. Other products that have all the bells and whistles fail with the basics.

Cons

Report design is difficult, tutorials are not helpful. MRI support is very slow to respond and could take weeks or longer for a resolution.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Denise, thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy our user-friendly platform. We appreciate your feedback regarding support and tutorials. We will be in contact with you and the team to remediate this.

Ashley H.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

MRI GREAT SOFTWARE FOR FINANCIALS AND RECORD KEEPING

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Overall, i have been using this software for years. The updates keeps you on trend with what you need to know and making your life easier for accounting and record keeping.

Pros

MRI is user friendly and easy to learn. There are many different was to use the software from accounting to record keeping.

Cons

Some of the functions that you think will work for you, don't always do what you want them to do. This can make things more time consuming and complicated.

Peggy F.

Boston Post Review

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

program does what it is intended for.

Pros

Product is very user friendly for the end user.

Cons

Program has several instances that could be minimized by the number of steps it takes to get to the end.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your great review, Peggy! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some kind words about us! We are happy to hear you enjoy our user friendly platform and your feedback on the product. We will circulate it back to the team!

Great Tool for Collections and Work Orders

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Pros

The update has really made it easier to use/access. It has dual functioning for rent collection, past resident rental record, vacancy, integration with leasing systems, and work order management.

Cons

It's difficult to learn for new users on the admin side. There's always a report I want to pull but it's not an available report in the system.

Haley W.

MRI is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Amazing! I can schedule appointments and follow ups, keep notes on my residents, pull reports, and keep up with my properties numbers for everything!

Pros

MRI allows my property to keep up with prospects, current tentants, and their accounting. The reports you are able to pull with this software enables you to find out anything you need to know about our property!

Cons

MRI can be tricky to learn as far as the different codes and pages it has; although, once you have it, you can’t live without it!

Patricia D.
  • Industry: Automotive

5 years with MRI Software

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

I use MRI Software to manage our fixed assets. I can look up net book value, disposal costs, depreciation, and create ad-hoc reports with ease.

Pros

The integration process was fairly easy. The software is very user friendly and the customer service is the best I've ever seen for such a product.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Patricia,
Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear you love our Fixed Assets Software and the integration process was easy. Thank you for taking some time to leave your kind words we appreciate it! We look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Christy L.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Very good experience!

Pros

I used it for many years with a prior property management company. It was a larger company so there were many forms that were customized for us.

Cons

You have to "think" like MRI "thinks" to figure out some functionality, however it was easy to figure out once you have some experience with it.

• Used for 1-5 months

Robust partnerships, multitude of options, open and easy to communicate with other systems

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

We gain the ability to give out clients option to select from many partners, to utilize the newest platforms, and to cross over many areas (commercial, residential, public, etc.)

Pros

I like the options it provides and the unified experience it offers. I enjoy the ability to integrate with other software if I do not pick one of their products. They have options for commercial and public options and are rapidly growing to support a larger market. They are also an international company and have been around for many years.

Cons

So far the only thing that seems to be a negative is that support is mainly pointing to documentation and training is pushed to be mainly web but this can also be a good thing to save money, time, and travel.

Esther V.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

It's been very good.

Pros

It is generates the financials in our system.

Cons

I don't have any comments, thought that isn't enough wording to satisfy this review.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Esther,
Thank you for leaving us a review! We look forward to our continued work together.

Gregory S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Happy Software is great.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Housing Pro is very helpful for managing our housing program.

Pros

All the reports that are generated by the software are top notch.

Cons

Sometimes it fails when sending files to the HUD/PIC website. But other than that no problems.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your fantastic review, Gregory! Your kind words mean so much to us! We are thrilled to hear your experience with our reporting capabilities has been top notch and we look forward to many more years together.

Kellie P.

Challenging but effective

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

I use MRI as a commercial real estate administrator manage accounts payable and accounts receivable. It has helped me deliver clear and accurate reports to my managers, clients and tenants and once you get used to navigating it - which can take awhile - it is one of the most important tools of my job.

Pros

MRI provides an accurate, in-depth view of financial data. It has multiple functions and there are many, many different types of reports that you can run, making it a versatile and steadfast financial tool. I like the ability to run quick rent rolls, ledgers, aged reports and variance analysis which are reports that I need everyday to do my job.

Cons

MRI is not as easy to learn as Yardi and you have to be very careful with your parameters or the report will fail to generate. This can get frustrating when you don't realize which parameter is incorrect. I have also had multiple issues with reports failing to generate through no fault of the parameters set and depending on the size of the report it sometimes can take as long as a few minutes to load.

Annette R.

Intuitive and easy to use and manage.

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Pros

This product is easy to navigate through for end users. There is a wide variety of App add-ons available to expand based on your needs, with many that integrate seamlessly. Above all else, the Customer support is OUTSTANDING!! There is always a pleasant, knowledgeable voice on the other end to assist you in a timely manner.
MRI is always working on incidents within the system and releasing CMU's.

Cons

As an Administrator, I would like to have more access in the training portal to administer users and see some improvements made to the Training modules. In regards to the courses themselves, the videos need to be edited in order for them to register as being completed properly and it would be beneficial to have the next courses start automatically. Users are confused when trying to navigate through courses and the site in general.

Brian D.
  • Industry: Accounting

MRI Software - for asset management services

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Our experience with MRI Software was, at first, touch and go. There were changes in staff and changes in client managers. Once we achieved consistency on the back-end, our experience has been much more beneficial. Our asset management needs have been met by the various pages that can be built out, all of the reports that we can generate with different fields, and the functions that we are able to use with ease on a daily basis.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that you can add as many functions as you want, and have that functionality specifically tailored to your business needs.

Cons

What I (and my team) like the least about this software is how it seems that some of the bugs or fixes that we need completed ASAP take much longer than they should. If there is just one bug that is causing a problem in our reports, we have to submit a ticket which then gets put into a developer queue. Sometimes it can take a couple weeks for what seems like it should be an easy fix.

Oscar G.

MRI User Review

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

My experience has overall been positive.

Pros

It is user friendly and has good reports and a big fan of the budgeting module.

Cons

In the MRIX I don't care for the bank reconciliation feature compared to the Windows version.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your great review, Oscar! We are happy to hear you're experience overall has been positive! We appreciate your feedback on the bank reconciliation feature - we will circle that back to the team.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Great for helpdesk

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

It is a very good software for helpdesk use, could do a bit on an improvement on the vision reporting. It could improve the delay on receiving work orders on mobiles.

Pros

It is easy to use, you don't need to open multiple windows as all info and tabs are accessible. Easy to export to excel. Arranging columns and search option.

Cons

The mobile service is really slow, main system crashes every now and then and does run slow.