MRI Software

Cloud-based real estate and investment management software

4.4 /5 (67 reviews) Write a Review!

Michelle S.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Pros

Offers a lot of tools that we need for our daily accounting.

Cons

Constant bugs, updates, only select support staff seems to know what they're doing when we have to call in.

Response from MRI Software

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad that you've been able to use our tools for some of your daily accounting tasks!

I am sorry to hear that you've had a less than stellar experience with our support. One of our core values is "Strive to Amaze" and I hate to hear that we haven't met that expectation for you.

Could you please shoot me a quick note with your email address and phone number? I want to make sure all of your issues are resolved. I can be reached at [email protected]

Best,
Matt Harrell
Marketing Manager

Diane A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Diane's Review

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

I love it. But Yardi has a few things better than MRI.

Pros

Easier to use than Yardi. MRI reports are prettier than Yardi.

Cons

Drop Down boxes in AP does not work.
It is easier to drill down in Yardi.
Stacking Plans are hard to read.
Stacking Plans can not download to excel.
Printing Income Statement - suppress zeros does not work for our Custom Report.
Yardi downloads to excel are 100% better than MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Diane,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your kind words and to provide feedback on the product. I will pass along your concerns on the drop down boxes and Excel functionality to your account manager to ensure your user experience continues to be the best. Here's to many more years together!

Randal H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Service is the Key

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Excellent. We are getting service when we need it.

Pros

There are lots of good software available for housing and redevelopment authorities, but the key to making it work is the service behind the software. MRI Software gives us that service. Also, they are always innovating and that is much appreciated. Time can go by fast and before you know it, you are working with obsolete software if innovation is not constant.

Cons

Sometimes we would appreciate a little bit more interaction with MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your great review, Randal! We are ecstatic to hear you are happy with our customer service and appreciate our innovative nature! We look forward to interacting with you and your team more in the future.

Rebecca C.

Best Accounting Software out there

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

It's very user friendly, has more options than you would probably ever use and it's somewhat reasonably priced compared to Yardi.

Pros

We use it for our accounting for tenants and payables. This is the most user friendly software there is out there for property management. My favorite by far.

Cons

It is not as compatable with other systems like Yardi is that's why people tend to use Yardi more than MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for the great review, Rebecca! We are thrilled to hear you're happy with our user-friendly property management software and are proud you call our solution a favorite! We look forward to serving you and your team for many years to come!

-The MRI Team

Haley W.

Without MRI, it would be impossible to manage our properties!

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

I love the organization MRI used to keep our property running smoothly. I love that I can pull a boxscore to review our leads and know where our traffic is coming from. The reports make it easy to keep up with the multiple things going on at a property. This software keeps you updated, has too many wonderful features to list, and should be used at every property management company!

Cons

Because of the in-depth and multi-functional system, MRI can take some time getting used to and time learning. After some practice, MRI will be your best friend and you will wonder how you did it without it!

Amy M.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

MRI holds alot of date and we are working to be able to export the data in a user format.

Pros

The customer support is great. They are able to help with mostly any question! All you have to do is call the 1800 number.

Cons

The bach reports are nice, but it would be great if there was a way to change the date on the whole batch, not have to go I to each report within the batch to enter the date.

Mary S.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Preferred Property Management Accounting software

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

Have always been trained by my company users. Not sure if MRI offers training directly for users, but would like be a more valuable perk or selling point if it were included with the license.

Pros

Various reporting functions and able to customize reports tailored to specific owners.

Cons

Not the most user friendly. I have used the software for over 12 years now and still learning new things.

Rebecca T.

Great product - but overpriced

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

User friendly with great customer support.

Pros

The windows version is very user friendly. It's easy to navigate around, run reports, and pull up booked data

Cons

Our company loves the ease of the product, however it's very pricey. We only don't use it to its full capacity, so it would be nice if they would break down their pricing based off customer usage.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Powerful Software

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Overall I do enjoy MRI's ability to process such large volumes of data, though it does require regular maintenance to maintain optimal experience in an ever-changing market.

Pros

It can handle high volumes of data. The reporting is rather customizable as a general comment, and glitches are easily resolved.

Cons

Occasionally it does glitch, in which random/obvious side effects can occur when posting charges, etc, but they are usually easy to resolve.

Emily P.

Used MRI software for Residential and Commercial

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

I didn't see any problems with the MRI software - I used it daily.

Pros

I liked this software because I could print out reports to assist with negotiations with ownership.

Cons

It was a little difficult to learn at first but once I got it then I had a pretty easy time using it.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

MRI is great software for specific needs

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Pros

This software encompasses many needs for a real estate business, from property management to accounting.

Cons

This software lacks in some functionality for HOA management, but is new to the HOA market.

Response from MRI Software

Hello!

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're glad that you're pleased with the comprehensiveness of the product!

Regarding you feedback on our HOA management functionality, our team would love to have your specific feedback as to how we can improve. It's this type of critical feedback that ensures we deliver the best possible value for our customers. If you'd be willing to share more details, please email me at [email protected] and I will connect you with one of our product experts.

Thank you again for being an MRI customer!

Best,
Matt Harrell

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great to work with and easy to customize but customer support is terrible

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Pros

user friendly, easy to customize, great to be able to make the software as flexible as needed to fit the company needs

Cons

upgrades are not easy to work through with many issues throughout upgrades, customer support is extremely slow and can take a couple weeks to finally get an answer back as to if the issue found is an issue that has a workaround or will have to wait for MRI to fix the issue in a long-term change.

Jennifer B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Not good. Was not easy to use or navigate. Customer service was okay, but could be better for the price.

Pros

Nothing. It was difficult to use and was not user friendly at all.

Cons

Everything. Nothing about this software is good.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Jennifer,
Thank you for your review of MRI Software. I am so sorry to hear your experience with us was anything less than stellar. We take your review very seriously and would like to know how we can better serve you.

Please send me an email at [email protected] so we help fix our standing with you and your team.

Veronica

Vendor management and reporting for over seven years

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Pros

I like that MRI interface is user-friendly and the reports are easy to run. I also like that the reports can be exported to PDF as well as Excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Since my company has been using the web-based version of MRI, MRI X, it has increased the start up time. When before it took a couple of seconds for the program to load, it can take up to 1-2 minutes for it to load now. Not too bad, but it can seem like forever when you need to run a report or enter a new vendor in a rush.

Brittany B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

MRI is very easy to use!

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

I like this platform loads better than OneSite because of the ease of access of information and reports

Pros

I like that it is easy for first time leasing agents to navigate.

Cons

lead tracking could use a bit of an update

Response from MRI Software

Hello Brittany,
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoy our easy user experience and interface! It is great to know that is ultimately why you chose to switch back to MRI Software. We look forward to many more years together!

Colleen K.

MRI Software Review

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

We have a fairly small real estate company. We only do commercial properties in MRI currently (not multi-family yet). We decided to start using MRI upon forming the company knowing we were growing rapidly. We only have about 250 commercial leases so the total software cost is probably expensive on a per lease basis but it is well worth having it in place now instead of using something cheaper and then having to do a large complex implementation. My overall experience with MRI is positive and would recommend to anyone in the industry.

Pros

Been a user of MRI for many years. I implemented it twice at two different companies but have used it at three companies. I have used web and windows version. I like the software because it is easy to use and implement. But the greatest benefit in my mind is the customer support and customization that is available. MRI has always been very responsive to helping me address my needs whether it be an issue with the software, a mistake I made or a customization question.

Cons

I wish the communication center was quicker. We use the web version and sometimes the reports take several minutes to become available and sometimes the messages don't appear at all and we have to logout and get back in to reset.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Colleen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have used MRI Software in your various positions and enjoy our stellar customer support! We look forward to working with you for many more years to come!

Richard B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

MRI SOFTWARE - REVIEW FROM PUBLIC HOUSING PERSPECTIVE

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

MRI is always willing to listen to what we would like to do. They see if their software can adapt to our "wish list" of changes. MRI has involved the users to come up with screen design and software design to help make our jobs easier and the software better.

Pros

Our previous software vendor, Tenmast, was purchased by MRI. Seeing what software was being developed for the Public Housing arena was great. Many features of MRI's current real estate software is being incorporated into our existing software and new products are coming out. MRI has a great vendor partnership that allows the vendor to seamlessly integrate their software with MRI's databases. You get the best of both worlds. A vendor's software that works against your core business software. The vendor selection is fantastic.
MRI has also rolled out new features for the Public Housing market that is helping us get our jobs done better and faster. We can't wait for the newest software to come out.

Cons

We have not been able to take full advantage of the MRI software as this is being worked on now. The release date is not until sometime in mid 2021. I see so many features in MRI plus their reports that I could utilize now but must wait.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your excellent review, Richard! We are excited to welcome you to the MRI family. We are happy to hear the partnership we created with Tenmast has been beneficial for you and we look forward to increasing our capabilities and growing our relationship with you and your team!

Ben S.

MRI Software Makes Our Business Run

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall, MRI Software makes our multifamily, commercial and accounting silos run smoothly, as it has been ingrained in our business processes for well over a decade. While it can be difficult to get working integrations, as well as the overall license cost being at the highest end of the industry, we can't envision using any other property software in the near or long term.

Pros

The majority of our employee base has been trained on one or more MRI Software products, so just on familiarity and knowledge-base alone having MRI is an absolute must. The amount of modules available for almost every business process there is in our industry is a huge plus. MRI Software is willing to develop/integrate with pretty much any partner out there for a price, which is great. The reports available in MRI are unmatched with any other software we've seen in this space. Support is great and highly knowledgable.

Cons

MRI Software is at the highest end of pricing in the industry. The software is complex and not the easiest to learn. While they are willing to integrate with a wide variety of partners, they can sometimes put the cart before the horse with these, meaning their Development teams tend to roll an integration out without fully testing or anticipating potential issues.

Joseph M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Okay product

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

Service is good.

Pros

It does the job, however wanted much more flexibility and functionality. To date we have been disappointed.

Cons

Though it would be easier to use. It is not intuitive.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for taking some time to leave us a review. We are happy you enjoy our customer service, but your other comments concern us. I have passed along your feedback to your account manager. We hope to speak with you soon.

Bob M.

No customer service since ownership changes and a complete lack of understanding during...

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

When they changed to MRI they changed the way they accepted payments. However they omitted to tell me that 1. They had been bought over by this company from America. 2. They had cancelled the quarterly direct debit and then sent a huge bill. 3. Refused to pause their system during lockdown despite the fact that we were not allowed to write new business. 4. When I asked them for proof that they had informed me of the new payment procedure refused to supply me with any proof whatsoever and claimed " There were press releases informing everyone we had been bought over" To date I have a site I have paid for which is written in a medium that most people can't convert and the site I have paid for is totally unusable. I have requested a Subject Access Report which they have totally ignored and are the most rude, arrogant and unhelpful company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Pros

It was a good package and the site I paid for to built was excellent as was their help but this is when they were Thesaurus when they were bought over by MRI this all changed unfortunately!

Cons

Liked most of it and the team Thesaurus BEFORE THEY WERE BOUGHT OVER were most helpful

April L.

MRI Callmax

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

I have had no issues with MRI and our customer service person, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome!

Pros

1.We really like that you can get messages so many different ways.
2. We like that it records the call between maintenance and the resident on emergency calls.
3. It is great that you can record a message if you have a temporary change.

Cons

1. The call back feature that blocks the personal number is only available in the emergency maintenance mailbox. All other mailboxes it shows the phone number.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you so much for your review, April! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the overall features of our products and think our customer service is awesome! We look forward to continuing our partnership for years to come.

Andy S.

Great Accounting Real Estate Software

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

I have used other software, and MRI is a great overall software for accounting use in real estate. Rather happy.

Pros

I like the windows version of MRI as its very user friendly and fast. The reporting and windowed setup is great for running multiple reports over and over. Everything is where it should be.

Cons

I dislike that they are migrating to a newer web based design. For what we use the software for, the windows version operates quicker and is more efficient. Every time there is an update though, there seems to be more issues than fixes.

Haley W.

MRI: Where would we be without it?

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

I love using this daily. It keeps our property organized and allows our business to run smoothly.

Pros

This software allows us to track prospects/residents at our property, run reports, keep records easily, and keep up with work orders all in one!

Cons

Sometimes, MRI can freeze or lag, like any software. It corrects itself and then works fine. It also takes some time to learn; however, it’s not complicate and you catch onto it quickly.

Rebecca T.

Not just for Property Management

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

I've used MRI for over 10 years. When taking a new position with a real estate firm, that does not do PM, I pushed to change systems from MAS90 to MRI. Such a great change! The functionality of the system is wonderful, and we love how we can run consolidated reports.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Nothing about the software, however I don't love the annual increases we pay to use it.

Faith N.

MRI Software helps

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Pros

We use MRI Software for our after-hours calls and answering service. It keeps everyone in the loop and keeps us connected when we need to be.

Cons

Sometimes the messages don't come through completely, calls drop.