Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Free social media content maker software

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.4/5

842 Reviews for UK Users

Youssif M.

Adobe Incredible EcoSystem

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Pros

great system to include all the amazing softwares inside one big software. I love the free trial option to go and try new software and dive more into the ecosystem. I've been using adobe softwares for +8 years and I don't think I'll need to switch to any other company

Cons

the template library prices are so expensive.

Noah M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Adobe Creative Cloud Express (Formerly Adobe Spark) is Better than Canva

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Frankly, I've quite enjoyed it. I recommend them over their competitor, Canva. Both Express and Canva do virtually the same thing, but Express has a few integrations with other Adobe products that makes it worth using instead of Canva (if you have the CC subscription). Plus, if you don't have the CC subscription, a subscription to Express is cheaper than Canva.

Express is a powerful, browser-based image (and I guess video, though that's not it's best feature) editor capable of producing professional-style images for business cards, social media, graphics, and more.

Pros

The software is simple, and easy to use. Upon logging in, I was able to go through a bunch of prebuilt templates, establish my brand identity (colors, upload fonts, logos, etc.) and begin creating graphics.

I am a huge fan of the interface, and I enjoy the extraordinarily powerful background-remover tool. It is almost always accurate, and causes graphic creation to be quite simple.

There's a button called, "Brandify" which will automatically insert your colors, logo, and fonts into the picture you've created (or the template you've grabbed) which makes for very quick creation/editing of graphics.

I primarily use CC Express for social media graphics, and I'll say that I personally think that they're better than their competitor, Canva. Both offer nearly the same tools, and Canva is just a little bit simpler, but CC Express is cheaper by a bit ($100 for a year subscription vs. Canva's $120). But the reason I prefer CC Express to Canva is that it integrates with the Adobe suite in small quality of life things that make using this software with other products very easy and compatible.

Cons

There's really only two things I dislike about this software.

First off, it has video editing capabilities. The video editing is primarily for social media graphics, though you can do some full-blown video editing. The thing is, most people likely have this product through the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. If you do, you might as well use Premiere Rush or Premiere Pro, which are Adobe's video editors. Rush is a more powerful version than the one within Express, yet a simpler version of Pro. I don't see a use for the video editing when it's already in it's other products.

The load times can be horrendous. Most of the time I have no issues, but when I do have a loading issue, it can take minutes (the longest I've waited is 10 minutes to log in). This is rare, but it's always extremely inconvenient when it does happen. Also, if you're editing something and then your internet "hiccups" and connection changes for any reason, a popup will occur and tell you to refresh the page. Since the software saves automatically as you make edits, this generally isn't an issue. Though, occasionally, it will lose progress after a refresh, and you'll have to redo some work.

Jonathan D.
  • Industry: Media Production

Quick content creator

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Pros

- Fairly easy to use with the drag and drop functionality
- Easy to collaborate
- Has lots of templates

Cons

As always with Adobe, the support department needs a rehaul, the support team barely knows the products.

Adobe puts the creative into this nice compact package

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

I used a well know desktop / app editing suite when I first started as a consultant but because I got express in with my main package, at no extra cost, I started to try it out and moved completely to express within a month. Been using this now for over 2 years.

Pros

I've been with this package for a number of years - almost from the start. I've seen a number of great features added and only recently they have brought in direct scheduling to social media.

I particularly like the predesigned sizes for posts and the ability to take a design you have made and convert it to a template.

Working for different clients, I can also set up their brand colours, fonts and styles and quickly switch between or or another.

The app version is also great for taking posts you have created and animating them quicker than using the desktop version.

I use this across mac, windows and ipad.

Great facebook support group too.

Cons

I have the full desktop package for adobe which is how I got into using express however my only issue is that I have to pay extra to access it on the ipad. A pity that isn't included by I get that it's a different platform.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost
Ryku L.
  • Industry: Photography

Industry Standard

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Overall experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Express is that it is very easy to use and it has bunch of tutorials which makes it very user-friendly!

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ease of use and the the tutorials.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that they can be overwhelming when you first get it because it has a lot of programs that you might not know what each one does!!

iMovie

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

I like the fact that it comes with a bunch of different software options.
Christian N.
  • Industry: Publishing

Best video editing, web and graphics designing features at one place

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Pros

Graphics design pro features are best in the industry. Intuitive interface and features for logo, flyers and more at ease.
Ability to work on smartphone enables me to design anything anywhere as I become inspired.

Cons

It has a little bit of learning curve as people unfamiliar with adobe applications can take time to easily use it.
The interface is nice but it can be improved because Conva provides a better interface

Lee M.

Great value design suite

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

I've had to learn the apps I use from scratch, but the tutorial videos are top-notch.

Pros

It's really easy to use and looks beautiful. You can add or remove apps with ease, and it's really affordable.

Cons

There have been quite a few glitches. Recently I had to spend an hour figuring out why I couldn't export GIFs from photoshop. But the Adobe help centre had the solution.

Angela B.
  • Industry: Photography

Love the Software, not the Subscription Model

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Pros

I love that Adobe has made it so much easier to download & try out new software by the Creative Cloud Express!

Cons

My only complaint in the monthly subscription model- I loved when I used to just be able to buy something once and not have to spend money on it every month.

Meredith B.

Your Creative Needs Solved

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

It is a very useful tool for consulting and great to be able to create standard templates and ensure everyone is following brand guidelines.

Pros

The variety of tasks you can easily complete within this one tool is great! You can design print materials, social, video, and more. The ability to organize projects and ensure brand color and fonts are being used is extremely helpful.

Cons

It is not as user-friendly as something like Canva if you do not have a lot of design experience. You can customize a ton but Canva has much better templates.

Brandon A.

A Full Catalog of Essential Software

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Pros

I love that all the essential apps are bundled and stay updated. It's also nice to have full access to all programs when you need to switch back and forth between services.

Cons

The price can be overwhelming at times and certainly won't be worth the money if you're not using the software weekly, if not daily.

Ashley P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Spark for the win! One of my favorite programs for quick Graphic Design projects!

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

I have been extremely impressed with this program since I discovered it. It has helped me to make my business more efficient and most definitely aid in getting my designs out much quicker than I had been prior to finding it. Although there are a few areas that can be improved upon, I am extremely happy that I found this software. It is definitely one of my top two choices for all of my graphic design needs. I would most definitely suggest this program to others that do similar work, and even to those that don't, because it makes designing any type of graphic an incredibly less stressful process.

Pros

Adobe Spark is one of my "go to" programs for all of my graphic design needs related to my freelance graphic design business "Detailed Design by Ash". It's icon library without a doubt has one of the largest available free icon options that I have seen in any program similar. You can search almost anything and find numerous icons related to your subject. This definitely comes in handy during projects such as logo design. I have the program in app form on my Android smartphone and found it by chance through the play store. This means that I can do any design project that comes up using only my mobile phone. Another great quality is that their free version is extremely versatile and contains pretty much everything that I needed before I ever purchased a subscription or paid for anything. I was able to create graphic designs for my business straight from my phone without having to spend a dime. They also usually offer a 1 to 2 month free trial when you subscribe, which was an excellent bonus when I began my subscription with them.

Cons

Although the program is amazing there are a few features that I feel could be improved upon. Although their icon library is extensive, their font library is not. Up until recently purchasing a subscription, I used the free app version on my phone and sometimes could not complete projects, or only use some of their features for part of my design due to their very minimal selection of available fonts. Also, the "help" area of the app could most definitely be improved upon. When trying to figure out how to achieve some designs, even after looking through the help section that was available, I was still at a loss at how to complete a certain task. I would suggest having a larger section of "how-to's" in order to make navigating the program, especially for those that are just discovering it, a much easier process. Lastly, I would encourage them to advertise that there is a desktop version available. I used the mobile app without realizing that I could also use my laptop in the process of design because I had no idea that there was a desktop version at all.

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The Designer's App

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

I am a designer and I am against apps that create cookie cutter designs. For several reasons. Mainly because I don't like seeing the same graphics over and over (it makes the world a more boring place). Also because the same graphics, layouts and photos are not appropriate for just any product, service, event, or purpose. But most importantly because it cheapens the whole role of graphic design. Why hire a designer when you can just download an app and do it yourself?

But Adobe Spark is different.

You can access Adobe Stock (CC subscription may be required) so that you at least have better photos than you will take with your phone, the available fonts are much more reasonable (no decorative fonts allowed!), and there are layout hints like snapping the alignment of an object to the center of the screen rather than relying on your eye to estimate stuff like that.

As ironic as it may sound, I think this program was designed with designers in mind. There are still some bugs that need to be worked out, but this is by far my favorite app for creating images for social media.

Pros

This app allows you to create images for social media quickly and gives enough options without encouraging you to create bad design. Many apps allow different text alignment while Adobe Spark allows "magic" alignment (basically a more interesting justified alignment). If you use this app on iPhone, you can also create and edit video and create and publish (!) web pages (more like landing pages than anything, but you get it).

Cons

I went from using this app on iPhone to Android and, while it was just made available for Android and we are grateful for this, it definitely needs improvement from a usability standpoint. There is no Undo button and some functionalities are difficult (like the snap alignment feature, it is sometimes easier to just eyeball it). The good thing is this app is still in it's early stages in Android and there is a forum on Adobe where they take users suggestions to make improvements. I don't know why here is still undo button (that is a very common request in said forum), but ok.

Nicole D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Easiest Program for Creating Pinterest Images

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Adobe Spark has enabled me to create pinnable images for my website that are in line with my brand image quickly . This has saved me valuable time. Especially when I need to create new relevant graphics when I update blog posts or as seasons and trends change.

Pros

This software is just so simple to use. Once you set up branding - your fonts, logos, brand colors, etc. It's so easy so create branded graphics; especially pinterest graphics with a photo and text overlay.

Cons

When I first began using this software I was unsure because it lacked some features that other programs I've used had. Such as being able to drag and drop shapes, frames etc. HOWEVER, after some time I was happy these features were gone . It simplified the graphic creating processing and saved me time. For graphics that needed more complex tools, I opened and edited the image in Adobe Photoshop but I only need those features maybe 5% of the time.

PicMonkey and Canva

Janele P.

Adobe Spark is the best way to make high quality graphics for cheap!

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Adobe Spark has been a great addition to our agency. All of us at our company are able to simply login to the program, quickly, in order to accomplish graphics in minutes if a client needs them. We use this program almost on a daily basis in order to create graphics for email campaigns, landing pages, social media ads, and so much more.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to easily create graphics for my clients on a daily basis. I can easily login on my desktop or my phone and access my recent projects or create a new one. The platform is extremely easy to use and straight forward. It also provides free images and graphics to use for businesses if we cannot find anything in stock imaging. Another nice feature is that it can help give examples of projects if you are lacking any inspiration!

Cons

Since Adobe Spark is so user friendly, you cannot accomplish extremely fine details that can be done in programs like Photoshop. But if you are using this software on a daily basis, this is not an issue at all. To get around this issue, you can always create a detailed graphic in an expensive program and then move it to Adobe Spark in order to accomplish more user friendly adaptations such as adding text or photo edits.

Rachel P.

So good for creators!!!

Reviewed on 21/03/2022

It's been really good!! I am super happy with it and will continue to be an adobe customer.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and there's not really much of a learning curve.

Cons

I wish there were even more premade templates

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Because I use other Adobe products and it was easier to have them all integrated

Ayesha A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Light Your Life on Fire with Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 30/06/2019

Overall, I love Adobe Spark. I ended up researching ways to use it to conceive of educational materials to assist English Language Learners with their vocabulary development. The software has immense potential as an educational technology tool that students and teachers can use to demonstrate their learning or enhance their teaching.

Pros

This software has an excellent user interface that scaffolds the tools easily for ultimate content creation. Without having professional experience and needing high-tech tools, I can easily create web pages, multimedia videos, and graphics. As an aspiring teacher, I love that Adobe Spark is available for free to schools that also includes offering their premium features for free. Furthermore, the Adobe Spark suite allows me to create a variety of instructional materials, such as electronic newsletters, exit tickets, etc. I feel like I am already a professional designer without buying high-tech software to create relevant educational content.

Cons

What I like least about Adobe Spark is that there are watermarks that I must constantly turn off to make sure my designs are unique and original. Additionally, the branding features are for premium users, which is a downside for those who are on tight budgets.

Michael S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

The Express Version of Photoshop

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

Overall, Express doesn't get as much recognition as is deserved for their graphic design software. I would love to see them implement more vector illustrations and adding in features that make Adobe unique like uploading your Photoshop actions and styles to Express. This would be a huge game-changer for Express as many who find Photoshop too complicated or buggy would love to have the option to use these advanced features with the ease of use offered in Express. Also, if they could implement other unique features to Photoshop like cloning, it would be amazing--I could see so many people flocking to this program with these enhanced features.

Pros

I tried this software out years ago when it first became available. At the time, it had its easy-to-use features, but it was lacking in features compared to other competitors. Fast-forward to today and almost everything has changed for the better. Spark (now Creative Cloud Express) offers features similar to Canva and Photoshop blended together. Like Canva, Express now has a paid version with extra features, they have templates and premium (like Canva again), a super-easy way to resize and remove backgrounds.

Unlike Canva and other programs similar, Express offers features that are like Photoshop, most notably, the layers feature. You can now see the layers that compose your design, only, it's significantly easier to use than the Photoshop program.

There's also a button where you can press to change the design style of the font, and it takes you through numerous style types with a simple click. Also as an upside, you can also see a font preview of your specific text to see what it would look like as opposed to clicking through a bunch of fonts to see which looks best--definitely a time-saving feature.

Also, you can change out certain elements like lines with a simple click versus Canva and other design programs where you have to search out the elements and drag them to the photo. This is another huge win for Express.

Cons

I don't like that there aren't as many illustrations and supplemental designs available to use (even with premium). Meaning, adding in vectors like animals, flower wreaths, etc. This is a huge issue in my opinion and why I'm still stuck on Canva for most designs.

Pontsho M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Thevisionarycreation

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

My overall experience is a 10/10 because it's just wonderful.

Pros

Spark is one of those platforms for creators like myself because it brings spark in my designs.

I love everything that I'm speechless to even say much...

Cons

There's not much criticism the only problem is that on the mobile app there could be some more developments because it's slow.

I use both the PC and Mobile because I am always designing so the Mobile is being creative on the go. If it could be more fast then I'd be more happier.

Patrick Q.

I love Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

I always see people talking about Canva, but that is because they don't know Adobe Spark. I have always used Adobe products and love the integration of the Applications. I just don't like the support. I find it hard to get access to them.

Pros

It has a VERY easy and nice interface, useful tools for developing elaborate or simple layouts, and very beautiful templates of graphic pieces in the most used formats in everyday life.

Cons

y only problem until today is as an Abobe subscriber for years is support for changing the payment method,

Darien C.

Adobe Spark offers a simple, online design platform & templates

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

Adobe Spark helped us facilitate our design process for social media posts, allowing staff without experience with design tools to quickly & efficiently create decent looking graphics. While it can never compete with a fully fledged platform such as Photoshop, and could use to borrow some key features from it's competitors, it offers a basic design tool that can be useful.

Pros

Adobe Spark is a simple, easy-to-use design platform with simplistic features and excellent templates that make social media designs quick and less painful. Perhaps the best feature is the numerous templates - helping alleviate creative blocks and speed up the design process. Clearly made to compete with platforms like Canva, it offers very simple features that help speed up the design process, and makes it simple enough for people with no experience using higher-end design software such as photoshop. With their templates, they help people without experience create good looking graphics in a fraction of the time.

Cons

While Adobe Spark has a lot to offer, it cannot compete with a higher end product such as Photoshop, or even a similar competitor (such as the online Photopea) in terms of features. While they clearly made a choice to keep things simple, they avoided putting in useful features like the magic selection tool that would truly help make this a fully fledged design suite. As well, certain basic features (like selecting objects, moving objects, layers, etc) either don't work as expected, or are completely missing, making more complicated designs impossible.

Joy S.

Makes Branding a Breeze!

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

I love how Spark makes creating lots of quality content more manageable.

Pros

Excellent Template selection. I love the branding feature that makes customizing content a breeze!
Within the iOS app, there are lots of options to allow you to shuffle through various formats till you find the right "feel" (in the app, select the text, go to "style" and play with the style wheel).
The integration with Creative Cloud is also so helpful for achieving brand consistency.

Cons

I wish that you could make multiple posts within one file (similar to Artboards in Illustrator) rather than having to duplicate the file and edit it accordingly. It would be much more convenient for multiple image insta-posts, OR when you are making the same type of post across multiple platforms. Sometimes I won't realize I want to change a style until I am on the second format of that graphic (for example I make an insta post and duplicate it to make a FB version and then while on the FB version I realize a particular design looks better). So it's annoying to have to go back to the first file to do that. I'd love to be able to do that on just one screen. Also, the align feature is currently only accessible if you select more than one object and only works to align relative to each other. It would be great to be able to align relative to art board and access this feature with just one object.

Amr M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Impressive Content Creation Platform.

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

As an instructional designer, I use Adobe Creative Cloud Express In digital literacy courses. It is an easy-to-use content creation tool that helps learners demonstrate their digital skills by creating multimedia content, collaborating with peers, and sharing their work on social media or the platform they like.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud Express is easy to use and allows for creating the most needed content types like web pages, videos, and social media posts.

It has a rich digital assets library and custom templates for every content type. Also, it has seamless integration with the world’s top cloud platforms

The platform has AI features that suggest themes, color patterns, and pictures based on the design users are creating.

Cons

Not much. But it would be great if Adobe Creative Cloud Express for Education were available for free in more regions.

Microsoft Sway
Heather D.
  • Industry: Information Services

Love this program

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Overall spark is the easiest graphic software program that I have found to use. I prefer it Leaps and Bounds above canva. I use it for all my photos and videos for Facebook Instagram and Pinterest.

Pros

It's very easy to use and has many options for my needs. I love all of the templates that are available. It gives you many font options. And the animation feature in the mobile app is one of my favorites as well.

Cons

The inability to add animations in the desktop version versus the ability to do it in the mobile version. I am under the understanding that that is coming and I look forward to it.

Ada jocabeth Á.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A great educational resource!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I have been using Adobe Spark as a tool in my everyday classes, for example, like a student portfolio or digital scrapbook where I can check my student's posts and keep track of their creative activities. Personally, I use some of the templates as activities with my students and to share my art with engaiging posts. The free version is very useful, but I recommend purchasing the Adobe package, as it comes as part of it.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to create easily all kinds of projects, like web pages, flyers, slides, banners, videos, and much more. It's accessible from any device PC, Chromebook, and even your mobile phone. It already has a lot of beautiful premade designs and templates, The best part is that lets you share them directly on any social media with a predetermined size for better quality. With the free trial app, anyone can download it and use it for free.

Cons

It's not very detailed for video editing but is very easy to make short videos with pictures and subtitles.

Linda B.

Super easy! Design elements for the classroom!

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Great tool for small businesses and for education. Very simple to use and there are tons of templates and tutorials, plus a huge image collection. In education, my students created several marketing materials and created a portfolio of their work, and for small business it will be great for social media, websites and blogs.

Pros

Adobe Spark has a range of functionality for design. From infographics to web pages, digital portfolios, slideshow videos and social media posts. All of these elements are fantastic for building assets for education and for student demonstration of knowledge.

Cons

When adding assets to a Spark webpage that are designed in Spark, you must first download the item as an image (infographics, social media posts, menus, posters, etc) before adding them to the Adobe Spark webpage. If it had a drag and drop function it would be very convenient.