eBallot

eBallot

An online voting software and services provider

4.8/5 (11 reviews)
Donna lynn B.

Evoting Software That Is Affordable

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 19/06/2019

We needed a lower cost evoting software and eBallot fit our budget. It was easy to create ballots and add voters, however I wish they had a more detailed user manual so you didn't have to contact support to answer basic questions when you are learning how to use the software. I also liked that you could run multiple elections at one time. I think this is a great voting software for the price, but would highly suggest that new users run test elections to get familiar with the software and figure out how to use it before going live with an actual election.

Pros

Pricing is pretty affordable
You can email out notices to voters
Ballot questions are pretty easy to set up
Have several reports so you can see voting participation & results easily

Cons

They could use a better user manual with more detail on how to use software

When you send out an additional email to voters you have to pay for all voters, even if you only send it to part of your voter list, like those who haven't voted yet

Help is only available during the weekday hours, there is no after hours support except for help files

Response from eBallot

Thanks for your review, Donna! We're glad to hear you're having a positive experience with our self-service voting platform.

After hours is something that can be set up with our Business platform, but we're unable to offer that with eBallot Essential.

Appreciate the feedback - testing and experimenting with different ballot setups before going live is definitely a good practice.

We're always updating our knowledge base to improve the experience for self-administered customers, so thank you for your insight.

Regards,

Thomas M.
Industry: Management Consulting

eBallot trial for ABA school in Oman

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Wanted to use eBallot electronic voting for the ABA Board elections of May 2019. Worked together with rep. from ABA -IT department on this.

However, the Board did not want to use eBallot for security reasons: 1) Someone could be collecting eBallot invitations to vote and then 2) vote for someone else. They said that they had been in contact with eBallot about this.

The risk of point 1 could be reduced by sending the link to vote and password separately. The risk of point 2 could be reduced by tracking of IP addresses of votes casted.

I do not know what exactly happened in the communication between ABA and eBallot, but in my view the risks as highlighted by the Board are relatively small and can be well managed.

Best regards,

Pros

Well-structured set-up, giving credibility to the robustness of the software.

Cons

I wanted to test the software prior to use. However, I had to subscribe for 6 months to test the software. It would be good to be able to test eBallot with about 10-20 people for free.

Response from eBallot

Appreciate the feedback, Thomas!

Thanks for your review about eBallot Essential's functionality.

Each email containing unique login credentials is sent to each individual voter's email address which makes accessing this information very difficult for anyone besides the voter, but we understand your board's decision.

We definitely have higher-level products and services to mitigate that risk - as well as the IP tracking functionality you're looking for. Both of these are available in eBallot for Business (our enterprise suite).

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Michele M.

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

We use eballot for our annual election. I manage 5 associations and i have all of them use eballot

Pros

i liked that i could easily import my membership list into their template. Once you set everything up you just have to wait for the end of the election and get your results.

Cons

When you do have questions there is no chat support, just an FAQ area

Response from eBallot

Michele,

Thanks so much for your review! We're happy that our self-administered election software worked out for you and your annual election. Appreciate you spreading the word around to the associations you manage.

Support-wise, you're right that our Essential product relies on our self-service knowledge base articles. We're actively improving these articles so you can get on-demand help at a reasonable cost. If you find you need more robust support from our team, we're happy to set up a time to talk about our Business products.

Regardless, you're always welcome to email [email protected] and we'll make sure to get back within a business day.

Definitely feel free to reach out if you need anything from us in the future!

Elaine L.
Industry: Insurance

Highly recommend

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Excellent. Saved money and time on our annual Board of Election process. This is our 2nd year in a row using eballot. in 2018, the eBallot staff was in constant communication with me. Meaning they let me know every time an email blast was sent out for us. It was nice to not have to think about the progress as they reached out first. For 2019, I had to contact them, most of the time. But that's minor. Still happy over all and will use again next year.

Pros

Ease of operation
User friendly
Dashboards
Reports

Cons

I couldn't run any reports using Google Chrome. not a big deal to use another browser for that, but I'm a chrome user by default.

Response from eBallot

Hi Elaine!

Thanks for the review. Note taken about reaching out more proactively in the future. We have implemented a new system to ensure that occurs earlier.

I'm interested in your reporting needs because Chrome is actually one of our recommended browsers. It should work to access the reports. I'll make sure we reach out to you and address this with a follow up.

Looking forward to working with you again next year.

Elizabeth S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Our labor union things eBallot is great!

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

eBallot is easy to use and has significantly improved our members' voting experience. The software has also improved our administrative experience; the software is intuitive, voting events are able to be set up quickly and customer service is very responsive.

Cons

The software does seem to be a bit costly.

Response from eBallot

Hi Elizabeth,

Appreciate your review and feedback! We're happy to hear that your non-profit uses our self-administered voting tools to provide a better voting experience.

We take great pains to price our products according to the value they provide. So we can consistently offer a quality, reliable product - this requires us to maintain a certain price point.

I hope that the benefits continue to outweigh the costs, and that your organization sees value in eBallot for years to come.

Thanks again,

Daniel B.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

eBallot supported our annual officer election process

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 19/06/2019

As previously stated, eBallot effectively met our organization's needs by providing a customized solution to our electronic voting process. If eBallot continues to offer a month-by-month service plan, our organization will most likely continue to use the product.

Pros

eBallot was mostly easy to use and offered exceptional product support. For my professional association, I needed a product solution that would support our annual officer election process. eBallot was an affordable and effective solution because we were able to pay through the month-by-month plan, paying for the services for the duration we needed them. It was by far the best option for our budget and needs.

Cons

I wish I campaign emails (emails to voters) could be purchased by the individuals emails sent instead of based on the entire voter listing. For example, I needed to send reminder emails to those members who had not yet voted, however when purchasing an additional campaign email, I had to pay for the cost of the total voter listing rather than the few I need to remind. I previously shared this feedback directly with the eBallot team.

Response from eBallot

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the review! Understand your note about the email campaigns and only wanting to purchase emails for those who have not yet voted.

Emails are free to send in our Business platform, if interested. Sounds like Essential is the best fit, however, and I'm very happy to hear it's working well for your association overall.

Jenny W.

Facilitated Remote Voting at an Economical Price

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Early on, I was able to reach customer service (someone answered the phone.) Then, I was able to get answers back via email. The girl who I worked with was very prompt in answering my questions. Then, there was a guy who assisted me. He wasn't nearly as sharp as the first person who assisted me. I don't remember their names since it's been so long ago that I contacted eballot customer service.

Pros

The price for electronic voting was very economical.

Cons

The price only allowed for one ballot per month. Also, I couldn't figure out how to add an additional vote and I didn't receive an answer from customer service.

Response from eBallot

Thanks for your review, Jenny! I'm glad you're seeing value with eBallot Essential.

I'd also like to apologize for any miscommunication you may have received about our feature set. Your subscription comes with unlimited ballots. New ballots can be added by clicking on 'Create Ballot' straight from your dashboard.

Typically, the best way to receive support for our Essential product is through our knowledge base or by emailing [email protected] Sometimes our support team does go above and beyond what is included for products on a limited courtesy basis. More on-demand customer services, like phone support and dedicated account management, are available with our Business platforms.

Hope that all is reasonable and makes sense. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out!

Sincerely,

Lori H.

Eballot Review

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Great - quick results. Secured!

Pros

Easy to use, can set up many ballots, student friendly.

Cons

When I had issues trying to pay I had a hard time teaching someone.

Response from eBallot

Lori,

Really glad to hear you found our self-administered voting tools easy to use. Thanks for the review!

I apologize for the trouble you experienced during payment. We've recently implemented a new system to make payment easier and it shouldn't be an issue moving forward.

Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if anything else comes up in the future!

Faizel L.
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent support received with setup and administration and functionality met our requirements

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Very Good

Pros

Ease of use once familiar with software. Great reporting.

Cons

Had some issues in browser viewing reports, found a solution by using another browser besides Chrome.

Response from eBallot

Hey Faizel,

Thanks for your review! Our implementation team appreciates your kind words and had a wonderful time working with you.

For the reports, it might just involve toggling a simple browser setting. In any case, we'll be in touch to address this soon.

April M.
Industry: Retail

Fast and easy eballot

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 02/12/2019

I enjoyed using the eballot becsuse its quick and easy

Pros

It was quick and easy to use. My eballot took a little time to get to but I enjoyed meeting people..

Cons

If you go to an eballot it can take hours to get through the long lines. Sometimee weather unpleasnt

Jonathan R.
Industry: Financial Services

Easy to use voting system

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Very positive.

Pros

Simple and easy login and voting process for users.

Cons

Would be nice to set re-occuring votes and also for admins to receive automatic results emails upon vote closure.

Response from eBallot

Jonathan,

Thanks for your positive review. It's good to know you were able to use our Essential platform to fit your needs.

Currently, we do not have the option to set recurring votes. We do have some customers that create a template that can then be copied, altered, and scheduled for a series of dates.

Our product team is always looking for valuable updates to consider, and I've sent your request directly to them.

In the meantime, if you'd like someone to walk you through the best practices of copying a ballot, just email [email protected] and we'd be happy to assist!

Cheers,