PatientNow

220 Reviews for UK Users

Issac

Best software out there!

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Our overall experience with PatientNow has been great. One of the areas I failed mention was their customer support.

Pros

One stop shop for all your software needs. From scheduling, patient management, to all your communication needs and also has excellent analytic reports

Cons

Texting features, currently not compatible on apple products

Simran

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

Jonathan

Patient Now Review

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

THe software is OK. Its not very user friendly. I find that staffing adequate at PATient Now adequate but not outstanding. I find it annoying that at least 3 times a year our calls are returned after our hours and often times 2 days after the call is made.

Pros

Computer based, multiple machines can run. I like the Electronic Prescription Module. I like the scheduler. I like the ease of document template use and writing encounter notes. I dont like its integration with MIRROR software as it is too slow.

Cons

Dont like the report generator. It is unable to save the "steps" to generate a particular report so that everytime a report of a particular type that needs to be run, we must go through all the steps to run it. It is cumbersome and not time efficient. I purchased a Microsoft tablet to use with this software and it is quite cumbersome and dont use it. IT is too slow. I have all the latest and greatest wifi but still too slow.
I think the integration of WORD DOCUMENTS with this software needs to be upgraded. One can input a .RTF file to the template manager but it would be easier if the software recognized microsoft word documents. It does seem to hande pdfs a bit but not jpegs. I would like to have easier input of jpegs. I have inputted several jpegs for use in the clinical information section with injectables but the software is not very robust.
There needs to be changes in the Injectables ares. The drop downs for specific injectables do not pertain to that particular injectable. I dont remember off the bat which injectables there were not appropriate dosage or amount injected.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Supposedly better software, better reports, better interaction---easier to use

Least expensive
janit
janit

Patient Now Good & Bad

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Overall it's fair. We finally have a trainer who is fantastic. She has helped us tremendously. The guys in support, for the most part, are very helpful but getting through to them sometimes is difficult.

Pros

I think the recent upgrade to include memberships and referral programs was a good one. It has made managing our membership program so much easier! I know can quickly look to see which patients' plans are expiring and quickly send them an email to renew. I can also add in the promotions and discounts so there is no more manual calculations done at the front desk.

Cons

The financial reporting still needs to be buffed up. In order to get the data I need, I have to run a report, download it to Excel, format it so that I can create pivot tables and then run the pivot tables. It's a lot of work. The schedule also needs to be improved. They have said for years that it's "on their list" but I've been hearing that since 2013.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Needed better data, one program to get us the reports we needed.

It was cheaper.
Gabi

Repta Plastic Surgery Feedback

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Pros

-Easily customizable
-Treatment Pathways
-Keeps all your tools in one place (billing, marketing, feedback, etc.)

Cons

-Inconsistent customer support
-Would like to see an option for manual writing on an encounter note (like with an apple pen)

Joglaine

Medspa w/PatientNow

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

Although there were some shortfalls in the expected offerings of the program, the support team really did their best to assist us whenever we called in.

Pros

We appreciate that the EMR, patient records, and messaging being in the same program.

Cons

We wish the marketing worked for us, but it was lacking in the amount of messages that we were permitted to send out. That would've been fine however sales communicated something different in the initial calls.

AestheticsPro

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

We wanted all of the programs that we used for the MedSpa combined in one program.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

We chose PatientNow because of the marketing. We unfortunately found that it did not work for us after we had already started using the product.
Lilith
Lilith
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Unethical company with extremely poor customer service

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Overall terrible experience! Once you decide that the product is not for you, it's difficult to cancel. They continue to aggressively charge you. It's difficult to get any phone calls or e-mails back. They don't honor their promises of refunding you, moreover they treat you with disrespect as they just ghost you without trying to find a resolution. I don't want any other company to fall into their trap.

Pros

Not much... RxPhoto is the only part of the company that we like and use

Cons

Convoluted, compilation of half-baked products, difficult to set up, slows you down

Meevo

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

My Allergan business affair rep introduced me to it. I also liked the rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT]who seemed like an enthusiastic and invested team member.
Lenore

Patient Now User

Reviewed on 01/08/2023

Patient Now software is perfect for us because it keeps track of our patients needs through the treatment pathways, sends out appointment reminders, creates financial reports that are important to our company, as well as email blasts, ease of use workflow calendars/ scheduling. Also love that PN keeps track of patient referrals.

Pros

The scheduling , invoice/payment features of patient now work very well. All of the steps are very well thought out and easy to understand.

Cons

Trying to learn how to create an email list to send out an email blast. However, the cust serv reps are amazing and patient and helpful. They can get you through anything that is PN related.

Sarah

Med Spa Experience with PatientNow

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

PatientNow is the 3rd EMR system I have used since opening my medspa 7 years ago. I've now used PatientNow for nearly 3 years, and it by far the best system i've tried. I feel that it has most everything I need for both my needs and those of my patients. They are continually updating the system and making improvements to the software. I love that they integrate with RxPhoto which makes my charting seamless!

Pros

Patients can schedule on lineIntegration with RXPhoto

Cons

It was a large investment in time and effort in the beginning to create all of my forbs.

Thomas

PatientNow - almost there...

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Pros

Scheduling functions work well. Handles large patient data base well.

Cons

Patient information books do not handle multiple procedures well - there is much redundant printing of common sections. The old Inform software is dramatically better at this part of things - to the point that we still use it for pre-operative document generation.

I am not happy that I am being forced to convert from our server-based version to a cloud-based version within the next year. I worry about data security and having a non-functional office in the event of an internet failure.

Leticia
  • Industry: Medical Practice

PatientNow technology and ease of use supersedes our expectations

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

In our medical practice it is crucial to have a dependable and user friendly EMR system and we have been using 10+ years without any issues. The overall support has been very well and if the support staff cannot assist they will find someone that can. One of the best things is that it is not on the Cloud.

Pros

Easily can use of and train for PatientNow. Appreciate that support team accepts recommendations to adding reports. Support staff has been very good since we have been using it (10+ years)

Cons

Would like to able to customize reports more to our needs.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

the many more features - such as document creation that it offered

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

the expense. Nextech is too expensive.
victoria
  • Industry: Medical Practice

good system but still needs some improvement

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when the request will be fulfilled. If you can't wait, I believe PN can make customize report for you for a fee. This is something that I was not informed at the time of software purchase.

2. PN doesn't have a mobile platform to support cell phones. If the provider gets a call from answering service after hours, he has to find a computer or tablet to log into the system to document the call.

3. Information doesn't flow from one module to another. For example, when a patient comes in for Botox, MA logs the type of injectible, units, lot #, provider ect. PN won't push such info into invoice. When the patient is ready to be checked out, the front desk lady has to manually enter the same information again. This creates inefficiency and chance for error intentionally or unintentionally.

Katie

Great Product

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Over all I would recommend this product to anyone. I do think it takes a little coaching at first to understand how to use the software but it is very helpful to pull reports and to help us track patient turn around. It is nice to be able to pre saved quotes so it reduces the amount of time a patient is waiting on me.

Pros

It helps us keep up with tracking our patients conversion rates.

Cons

I don't like that we have to give so much detail to generate a report. We have to create a new category for every procedure if that procedure requires a revision. We thought we had it down to where we could pull from a discounts report but we actually had to go in and create a revision category for all procedures to acquire accurate data.

Rachel
  • Industry: Plastics

Product Review

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

Kim

Keep looking

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

If the software works as promised, and they provide any kind of customer support then I would recommend it. But my experience over the last three to four months has been so poor that even though it will cost me a lot of time I'm going to start looking for another company to work with. It's over a week for a return call and sometimes not at all, even for technical support issues. I have asked for a refunds and discounts on services because of the poor turnaround time, and never hear back anything. Do not recommend

Pros

I like the charting features, and the patient follow up is what I originally signed up for.

Cons

Firstly it has become extremely slow and difficult to use. It used to be quite fast, but now charting takes an inordinate amount of time. I have reached out to the company four times at this point and struggle to even get a call back.

Craig

Great Product for the Value

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

We have enjoyed working with Envision. The software does what we need, customer support is efficient and knowledgeable in assisting with problem solving.

Pros

We've been using Envision for a few years now. It's pretty user friendly, has all of the software features that we need (although we don't use them all), makes it easy to manage patient appointments and charting. We have 2 different clinics in 2 different states and Envision makes it easy to manage what needs to be separated but keep together what needs to be in one place.

Cons

We did not find the credit card processing very user friendly for our clients so terminated that service. We also did not find the marketing email feature very user friendly.

Response from PatientNow

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on providing a powerful, yet user-friendly program.
We are enhancing our credit card processing frequently, so we encourage you to take a second look when you're ready. Thank you for your feedback!

Kaye
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good concept needing better functionality and speed

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

The owner is visionary. The concepts are great. It could be more user friendly. See above.

Pros

I bought this because of the patient engagement and retention features. It was okay until it became cloud based. It has good potential but it requires the support team to implement or change pathways.

Cons

The cloud based version. It is so slow it is actually disruptive to our day. Seems thing to disappear or drop off. The features that were supposed to be present in the cloud, and why we switched before we had to are not there, eg memberships and the ability to ACH their monthly payments. They supposedly have an iPad version that will help in the rooms but we haven’t gotten it up and running yet. You cannot just switch from one user to another without the whole program rebooting again and my assistants follow me rather than staying in the same room. Customer service is responsive but we are all very frustrated at the moment.

Kat

PatientNow

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

Our original practice manager was so helpful in getting us set up and continued to offer personal support to us. Now we use the generic help desk and have not been able to resolve some issues or are told that they may be considered for the next update

Pros

PatientNow has EMR, scheduling, inventory, finances, and reports all in one place.

Cons

It is not intuitive for how to use, so everything must be taught by support staff.

Theo

Good product

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

It is lower in cost than other systems, but cloud-based services make it difficult to use

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, similar functions to other products on the market. Able to be modified to fit the practice.

Cons

No Mac support. Cloud based resources make it’s reliability frustrating at times. In the future, might consider backing up info locally.

Lisa

Long-time users

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

it is an intuitive program to learn, but many features that we would think would be part of any good program aren't there and haven't been added over the almost 7 years we've requested them

Pros

Easy to navigate and intuitive. Makes it easy to onboard new employees. Unlike some other products it doesn't try to cover every specialty which makes it simple to understand

Cons

Can't bring up more than one session/patient at a time so have to interrupt what you're worjking with and navigate back where you were if you need to take care of another patient issue- especially challenging at front desk. No way of indicating urgent patient issues with warning- such as "do not schedule this patient" or "patient owes collections"- sticky note option is too easy to miss

Louise
  • Industry: Plastics

Considering EMR system

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

It been a good experience they do provide a lot of webinars and help if you ask for it. It has been easy to work with PatientNow and there are helpful when you do reach out.

Pros

What I like about PatientNow is that it's an easy to use software and great features that can opt in for. Also, there is a new feature that I just recently tried was the CareCredit link directly in our software easy to use and it was quick and fast transactions VS logging into our CareCredit portal.

Cons

I feel at times that PatientNow can operate slow, we recently upgraded to the Icloud version to use some of their newer features that it provides. And in hopes that the software will be faster.

Jodi

Great product. Moderate learning curve

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

Has been challenging to get it all set up and running. Still not at full capacity as there are some features I haven’t tackled yet. When we schedule training, sometimes it takes a week or two to get it set up

Pros

I like the mobile app feature. Helps me when I’m on the go to keep everything up to date and current in real time. Wish I could do more from the app

Cons

Some features feel like an old DOS system and outdated. Some features are redundant.

Susie

Great Program for Plastic Surgery Office

Reviewed on 07/08/2023

Pros

It seems like they have thought of everything. From lots of shortcuts to reporting options to the day to day scheduling, it is all very easy to learn and has a natural flow.

Cons

They haven't really missed out on any option that I would like. If there is one, their tech team is very receptive to recommendations and they are constantly working to improve their product and it's offerings.

Sue

Highly recommend PatientNow

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

PatientNow is easy to use and has many features that are useful to our medical practice and med spa. The ease of scheduling for a multi provider clinic is extremely important and this program offers that and more!

Pros

Navigating a patients EMR and the ease of scheduling for a busy multi provider clinic.

Cons

Would like to see an easier, more efficient way to add schedule blocks/times.

Neil

Reliable software with good value

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Pros

Good value. The pathway feature help organize the flow.

Cons

The appearance of the program has not been updated for over 10 years and looks a bit dated. The reports lack certain elements that we are looking for and can not be customized enough.