Google Cloud

4.7 (1,794)
Modular platform for computing, hosting, storage & more

(1,794)

Melvin M
Melvin M

Best Cloud Server Storage Facilities

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

This is the Fastest Cloud Platform for launching your Database. The integrations are dynamic and Google Cloud Servers will guild your database into success. You can integrate many softwares that help build your business.

Pros

I used Googl Cloud To Launch My backend software (database) for my Business Website and the integration resulted to the most successful profits I've ever seen in my business history. They offer a wide range of Cloud computing and offer about $300 credit for building this system.

Cons

You have to be willing to put in the maximal time and effort to make good business profit. Its hardwork and you have to adapt to the Cloud environment. At the end of the day I'm not complaining I prefer Google Cloud Server when it comes to Cloud Computing , you just have to be ready to work smart and hard.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Blue Host started becoming too expensive.

Bluehost

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Google Cloud has Cloud Computing features, major difference.
Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Research

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis.

I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid.

AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps.

They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly.

DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data.

AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.
Craig
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Robust Data Storage and Analytics

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Google Cloud Platform has helped us solve our key business challenge of data centralization, scalability and analysis across multiple tools. Using GCP, we have been able to store millions of rows of data from multiple sources in one central database and create custom models on top of the data lake. One example: we were able to build Google Analytics data model which correlates clicks to cases in BigQuery, so we could correlate to post purchase transactional and customer data. If more support is provided by Google on building these kinds of custom models, GCP could drive higher ROI for large corporations.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform has enabled our IT team to store terabytes of marketing, financial and human resources data in relational databases. So, it can be easily accessed by analysts and developers who know SQL using tools such as BigQuery, Data Studio and AppSheet. GCP is easy to learn and is supported by extensive documentation available for free on Google sites such as cloud.google.com. Public datasets such as Bitcoin cryptocurrency can be analyzed and visualized easily using integration between BigQuery and Data Studio. Pre-built BigQuery machine learning models give analysts and data scientists a head start on predicting or forecasting future customer behavior, sales, etc. based on historical data. Connected Sheets allows analysis of millions of rows of data without knowing SQL, using Pivot charts and through seamless integration between BigQuery and Google Sheets.

Cons

Google Cloud Platform works great with Google products such as Google Drive, BigQuery and Data Studio. But is not that efficient when it comes to non-Google analyst tools such as Excel or Word. BigQuery interface is not very intuitive and involves multiple layers of access which causes confusion for administrators. Data Studio works fine for basic clickstream and transactional reporting but lacks statistical or scientific analytical capabilities. AppSheet plug-in for GCP can be used by developers to build apps using data but is costly for small businesses.

Marilyn
  • Industry: Higher Education

The importance of excellent file storage

Reviewed on 02/11/2023

Despite what I wrote in the previous item, my experience has been very positive, especially with the work of the research groups.

Pros

The possibility of storing all the files I need to maintain a panoramic view of my activity, and being able to use them according to my needs

Cons

Sometimes, especially when working as a team, the chances of losing information are high.

Asma
Asma

Google Cloud Platform is simply awesome

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

It is good platform to make your database secure, fast and reliable.

It is good platform to make your database secure, fast and reliable.

Pros

It is easy to customize or configure disk based on type and size of the disk through console. The Google compute works great, from this the repository and file for store can be create with ease and maintaining and set up is this is also good. The data can be accessed from anywhere and from any device easily and quickly. The bet of Google Cloud platform is which I like most is we need to pay as per utilization or the feature we opt from this platform. Google cloud is fast, safe, and secure and optimize database as service. It give the best solution for business based on its cloud services.

Cons

We face many problems when we are migrating our virtual machines from one zone to another. Process of migrating VM’s is bit complex and confusing one.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Google cloud platform is cost effective compare to IBM cloud and it is easy to setup and mange our database as service.
Eric R
Eric R
  • Industry: Research

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

Pros

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

Cons

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

Microsoft Azure and MongoDB

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Google offered us credits and we ran out of AWS credits.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Free credits from Google, but the platform is really good now.
Robson Jean
Robson Jean

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Pros

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments.
Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine.
Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Cons

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Heroku is very expensive when you go to Production!

Heroku

Price and the currency
Prashanth

Google Cloud VM

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

It is good to get started with Google cloud and especially when I use google speech to text subscription, I got very good results.

Pros

It consists of Good Documentation. So one can easily get started with the Google Cloud. It have strong data analytics and storage.

Cons

Some subscriptions are costly. If that cost is reduced, developer can easily access to new technologies. Limited choice of programming languages.

Malerie
  • Industry: Insurance

Necessary product for data storage

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

I had a great experience with this product, it even allowed me to share the storage space with my family which in my opinion is a great feature

Pros

I like the ease of use, the price for the amount of storage given

Cons

What I liked least about Google Cloud is that they didnt make me aware of incoming payment and I was unprepared for it.

Thomas
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Cloud review

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

Does the job it is intended to. Could have a nicer UI.

Does the job it is intended to. Could have a nicer UI.

Pros

It’s security features that mean I can see who has access and who doesn’t.

Cons

It’s dashboard can look a little scary at first.

Cengiz Barkın
  • Industry: Computer Games

Google Cloud: An Unforgettable Experience

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Overall, my experience with Google Cloud was excellent. The setup process was streamlined and the customer service was top-notch. My data was secure and I was able to manage my cloud environment without any issues.

Pros

Google Cloud provided an intuitive, user-friendly experience that made setting up and managing my cloud environment a breeze. The support team was knowledgeable and always available to help answer questions. The cloud platform was reliable and provided a secure environment for my data.

Cons

Google Cloud is not the most cost-effective option, as there are cheaper alternatives available. There were also some issues with the user interface being a bit clunky at times.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Manage multiple clud storage form one platform

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

Pros

I'm delighted to use Google Cloud at work to create my documentation most quickly and straightforwardly possible. This process doesn't depend on my Computers operating framework, so I can be assured that this information will be saved and not lost. It's straightforward and accessible to anybody. I believe it is ideal for group planning or business-related tasks. I also love the fact that anybody may make changes to the archive.

Cons

What I dislike the most about this software is that report are regularly lost by accident. Searching for some of my records may be incredibly difficult. It is usually challenging to use initially to persuade others to do so. I believe it took some time for me to become indeed known.

Nolan
Nolan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

Pros

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

Cons

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Jeanette
Jeanette

Google Cloud is hassle free and easy peasy!

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

Super easy and hassle free. I don't worry about losing my information and I don't worry about poor security.

Pros

Automatic backup. Secure log-in. I have the paid HIPAA version and enjoy peace of mind knowing my information and my client's information is safe.

Cons

I don't know of any features that are missing or not occurring. The Google Cloud is a great product.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

My external hard drive did not automatically back up my information. When I got hacked, I lost everything!

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

I didn't - I actually have both Dropbox and Google Cloud. I have Dropbox Business because I have to do some things in Microsoft and I don't want to have to upload them into the Google Cloud.
Michelle
Michelle

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

Debbie

Google Cloud from a Person who is not techie

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

ProblemsGoogle Cloud provides a range of solutions for storing, managing, and analyzing large amounts of data, including data warehouses, data lakes, and Big Data services. Google Cloud offers backup and disaster recovery solutions that help businesses protect their data and quickly recover from unexpected events.Google Cloud provides a platform for developing, testing, and deploying applications, enabling businesses to quickly bring new products and services to market. Google Cloud offers collaboration tools, such as Google Workspace, that help teams work more efficiently and effectively together.By leveraging Google Cloud's scalable infrastructure, businesses can reduce costs associated with hardware, software, and maintenance.BenefitsGoogle Cloud can scale to meet the changing needs of a business, providing resources when and where they're needed.Google invests heavily in security, ensuring that customer data is protected through encryption, access controls, and other security measures. Google has data centers and infrastructure located in multiple regions around the world, providing low latency and high performance for customers.Strong partner ecosystem: Google Cloud has a large and growing ecosystem of partners and integrators, providing customers with a wide range of services and solutions to meet their needs. Google Cloud offers a range of AI and machine learning services that can help customers gain insights and make better decisions. Innovation

Pros

Scalability: Google Cloud offers a highly scalable infrastructure that can adapt to the changing needs of a business.Security: Google invests heavily in security, ensuring that customer data is protected through encryption, access controls, and other security measures.Global presence: Google has data centers and infrastructure located in multiple regions around the world, providing low latency and high performance for customers.Strong partner ecosystem: Google Cloud has a large and growing ecosystem of partners and integrators, providing customers with a wide range of services and solutions to meet their needs.AI and Machine Learning capabilities: Google Cloud offers a range of AI and machine learning services that can help customers gain insights and make better decisions.

Cons

Steep learning curve: Some customers may find the breadth and depth of Google Cloud's offerings challenging to understand and navigate.Cost: Google Cloud's services can be more expensive than those of some other cloud providers, particularly for smaller customers or those with less complex needs.Limited adoption in certain industries: Google Cloud is still not as widely adopted as some other cloud providers, which can limit the availability of expertise and best practices in certain industries.

Richard
Richard

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status.

For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Cons

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully.

My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

Jordan
Jordan

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Pros

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Cons

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

• Industry: Computer Games

In The Driver's Seat With GCP

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

Being an ever-expanding firm, we design mobile apps for both small businesses and for our own PC video games. We always employ various Google Cloud solutions such as Google Drive and Firestore. We use Google Cloud Console to keep track of all of our cloud services from a single interface. We also use it to increase and decrease the number of servers as needed to meet the demands of our various applications and large-scale games.

Pros

One of the most modern cloud service providers provides a cloud console that makes it simple for users to interact with a wide variety of cloud-based services. Navigating the menu is easy because each service is broken down into a number of distinct categories. There is a cloud shell capability that allows you to use a command line interface to interact with the cloud as well.
There is no need for everyone to travel to the company to participate in the development of our video game projects because we can publish and manage them online.
It's a cinch to set up.

Cons

Everything appears to be in fine working order. You can manage, administer, and monitor cloud resources without experiencing any delays by utilizing the GUI. It appears to me that there is significant room for improvement in the user interface in order to provide a more engaging user experience.

the price and features.
Athina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great for big global corporations

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Pros

I really like that Google Cloud gives to me and my team a full suite of services for data management, from storage to reporting and analytics. The platform is cost competitive in comparison to other similar resources, and allows us to manage our very complex data efficiently. There are frequent updates and new features, ensuring that we always have access to the latest technology while maintaining a high level of security, automated backups and data storage.

Cons

Customer support is the biggest issue for us since any time we were in need, responses were so slow! Even on very urgent matters, things were not expedited enough.

Easier to use

Google Cloud Platform is a good suite of tools most suited to infrastructure-as-a-service

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Experience has been good, it all works, it's a very stable service and it is reasonably priced.

Pros

My organisation mostly uses Google Compute Engine to host all our websites and applications on Google infrastructure. It is a fairly reasonably priced service and very stable, bosting excellent and reliable uptime. You can run a number of officially supported Linux distributions, so you can most likely install what you know. It is all quite easy to setup and manage your servers, though the UI is Google style - so it's not the prettiest - quite minimalist.

Cons

It can start to get expensive once you need to scale, so make sure you look at what that would cost before buy in at the entry level. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the interface, it's a very simple and ugly - but it all works perfectly so it's not a big deal.

Microsoft Azure, Linode and DigitalOcean
Atharva

Best Cloud Provider with Great Future

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

I am very happy that I got to start my career with GCP. It's just works. The features like Bigquery, Bigtable, Cloud Spanner, GKE, Autopilot are industry leading. And it shows in how GCP is capturing the market.

Pros

The Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering SAAS offerings of GCP are best in the market. Bigquery makes analysis of billing of multiple projects very easy. It's Autopilot and Standard Kubernetes offering are just amazing. UI and Console are very easy to use and makes starting on GCP great. Security Command Centre is great. Even the free tier.

Cons

I would love some proper documentation like Azure. But other than that GCP is the best option for all size companies

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Cheaper alternatives than the competition.
Ankit
Ankit
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Google Cloud Compute Engine is a dependable and user-friendly computing platform

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Pros

It's simple to get started and capable of developing and producing reliable programs. Prices are competitive and serve multiple areas. A traditional IaaS with strong security and networking capabilities. The provision of IT resources is really fast. It is scalable to zero and allows direct deployment from container images. It helps to optimize the invoicing of online services. Due to the lack of scalability, I prefer Cloud Run over AWS App Runner. It offers a very substantial free tier that is always available. I rarely pay bills for my minor services. This takes more than half of my deployment time. It's simple to combine with git and other programs. For faster communication, it supports gRPC.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to find information on certain aspects. It may be more expensive than its competitors and may not have as many features. Some features require the user to use CLI or API. Compared to serverless computing tools like ECS Fargate, it offers various customization possibilities for deployment. It can have a level to have more customization options. I once had a weird problem that caused the entire database to crash. I was able to fix the problem myself by resetting the user using the online admin portal.

Emily
Emily
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

My experience using Google Cloud has been excellent

Reviewed on 02/06/2020

Google Cloud have all that I need once I got the opportunity to make a record for my work. It's a web device where I can without much of a stretch make a record, likewise, it's a unique format for introduction or basically decent covering for the doc, it is anything but difficult to impart to associates or companions, I can simply duplicate the connection and gives access to my archive and everybody welcomed individuals will get an email.

Pros

I'm glad that I can utilize Google Cloud at my work and make my documentation inside the quick and most effortless strategy it doesn't rely on my PC operational framework so I can remain quiet that this documentation will be spared and not lost. it's simple and open to everybody. I feel it works incredible for group arranging or business-related assignment. I additionally appreciate the very truth that everyone can alter the archive.

Cons

What I lean toward least about this product is that occasionally records are frequently incidentally lost. It can turn out to be extremely hard to search out some of my archives. It is frequently hard to utilize at first and to encourage won't to it. I feel it took me some time to really be recognizable.

Claudia

Great tool

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

It's very easy and comfortable software to use. It's safe to access and I know that I will never loose any documents. Once on the drive, it will be forever on the drive.

Pros

I use Google on my daily tasks both personally and professionally. It's easy and safe to access from any device. And it's easy to share documents (view only). I never lost a document or picture again. Even if I or someone delete something by mistake It's easy to access the previous versions of the document and recover it.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to transfer documents from and to my laptop into my Google Drive folders. Most times it doesn't give that option. I need to download the document and then manually do it. Another downside is sharing documents with a person. Most times it asks permission for the other person to edit it. I normally just download it and then email it.