Google Cloud

4.7 (1,843)
Write a Review!
Modular platform for computing, hosting, storage & more

(1,843)

Melvin M
Melvin M

Best Cloud Server Storage Facilities

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

This is the Fastest Cloud Platform for launching your Database. The integrations are dynamic and Google Cloud Servers will guild your database into success. You can integrate many softwares that help build your business.

Pros

I used Googl Cloud To Launch My backend software (database) for my Business Website and the integration resulted to the most successful profits I've ever seen in my business history. They offer a wide range of Cloud computing and offer about $300 credit for building this system.

Cons

You have to be willing to put in the maximal time and effort to make good business profit. Its hardwork and you have to adapt to the Cloud environment. At the end of the day I'm not complaining I prefer Google Cloud Server when it comes to Cloud Computing , you just have to be ready to work smart and hard.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Blue Host started becoming too expensive.

Bluehost

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Google Cloud has Cloud Computing features, major difference.
Orianne
Orianne
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Enhanced AI and K8 features facilitate the development of the latest applications

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

All data processing can be completed by accessing the cloud platform from a web browser. The ability to work seamlessly with Google Earth Engine. Even if you do not have a high-specification machine at hand, you can perform various data processing you want by operating the cloud from your browser. Because you can directly run analysis algorithms, such as machine learning, linking with various Earth Engine data. By using GKE, we no longer needed to operate our Kubernetes cluster and could now focus on application development. As a result, we were able to concentrate on developing services that could deliver more value, contributing to the speed and quality of application releases.

Pros

I think the Kubernetes cloud service is very easy to use, partly because it is provided by Google, which developed Kubernetes. We also have a full range of AI services, and by combining them with Google AI, we can offer AI services seamlessly, which helps improve the added value of our services.

Cons

The web browser interface is constantly changing. When the system is updated, it also changes the menu display, etc., so it can be a bit confusing. There is no problem with the data processing itself, but sometimes the response at the first stage of access from the browser seems a bit slow.

Amazon EC2

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Problems, specific effects, and various functions have been solved, and it has become possible to perform complex analyses in conjunction with Google Earth Engine. It became possible to proceed with the analysis without worrying about the specifications of the machine in question.

Azure DevOps Server

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Since it is relatively inexpensive and can be accessed by many people, it has lessened the need to prepare a local environment at a cost. Since a large amount of data can be analyzed using cloud computing resources, it is expensive, but considering time and resources, it seems reasonable.
Rachel

Convenient way to store and free up space

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Pros

We work with so many documents on a daily basis that is ties up a lot of storage on the computer as a unit. It was causing our systems to run slow no matter which computer or laptop we were on in the office. When we learned of this, did some research and chose to go with it, we noticed an increase with the speed of our systems. It was not hard to use and is very user friendly. Google customer support has thus far been very useful, and we are looking forward to using this for the business.

Cons

The biggest complaint was the amount of time it took to get started with the actual upload process. We almost thought that it wasn't going to work. We had so many files to upload to the Google Cloud, that could have been what was stalling the process, because no other issues could be seen.

Moustafa
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Google Cloud Review

Reviewed on 12/07/2023

My overall experience is not good as Google Cloud does not provide an easy interface and i have to do everything through the terminal. Also, it is a little bit expensive.

Pros

I like the free credits that Google Cloud provides for researchers to explore the platform. Google Cloud is very good in services related to NLP/text especially the that it is supporting multiple languages for these services. Also, I like the dashboards that Google Cloud offers to track and monitor the services I am currently using.

Cons

Google Cloud has a very limited service for AI comparing to other competitors. The interface of Google Cloud is not easy to use, and I cannot customize it as I want. Also, I do not like the pricing of some services on Google Cloud like the virtual machines, it is really very expensive.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

My Opinion

Reviewed on 06/04/2024

Awesome but need to give free service for students for training purposes without bank card details.

Pros

GCP are my preferred platform because of its scalability, global Infrastructure, cutting-edge technology, integration with Google services and security.

Cons

Cost for students, complexity and training.

AWS Cloud9

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Because google is a more integrated platform with google services.
Thomas
  • Industry: Online Media

My First Cloud Partner

Reviewed on 25/05/2024

Pros

I've been using Google Cloud since my business started. It runs at east half of my content and contact management. Pricing is amazing for my small business.

Cons

The options are insane. Finding different things for my needs sometimes takes time. But I guess every robust tool has its downside.

James

Review Of Google Cloud

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Pros

I like that you can store stuff that doesn't bog down your computer and that you can interact with your team from a shared catalog.

Cons

I am not a technology person and so it is honestly just confusing to me about when I am actually engaging with the cloud and when I am just on my computer.

Sam
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Secured Cloud storage

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Pros

With Google Cloud I can upload and download documents from cloud safely and securely

Cons

I have not encountered any problems at all

Amber
  • Industry: Performing Arts

great storage!

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

amazingly great soft are and i definitely recommend

amazingly great soft are and i definitely recommend

Pros

love the extra storage needed for my files and photos and videos of the kiddos

Cons

nothing i didn't like least about google cloud

Luiza

Great storage in the cloud, and great for collaborative use.

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

Pros

Easy to use, easy access, easy to collaborate with teammates. Overalls simple, easy and great.

Cons

I have not found anything I haven’t enjoyed

Asma
Asma

Google Cloud Platform is simply awesome

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

It is good platform to make your database secure, fast and reliable.

It is good platform to make your database secure, fast and reliable.

Pros

It is easy to customize or configure disk based on type and size of the disk through console. The Google compute works great, from this the repository and file for store can be create with ease and maintaining and set up is this is also good. The data can be accessed from anywhere and from any device easily and quickly. The bet of Google Cloud platform is which I like most is we need to pay as per utilization or the feature we opt from this platform. Google cloud is fast, safe, and secure and optimize database as service. It give the best solution for business based on its cloud services.

Cons

We face many problems when we are migrating our virtual machines from one zone to another. Process of migrating VM’s is bit complex and confusing one.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Google cloud platform is cost effective compare to IBM cloud and it is easy to setup and mange our database as service.
Brian
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Everyone should be using

Reviewed on 07/04/2023

Google cloud, google nest, google phone, google home.... do I need to say more. Things work great and are all integrated.

Pros

Been using Google Cloud for 5+ years, through many employers, and for all my personal needs. It has never failed, never glitched or had an issue. Love the program to the point I've made my current employer give "special access permissions" to work computer for Google drive so I can access things from phone as well.

Cons

Honestly don't have any cons. It works perfect, shares information perfectly, and connects all my data into one centralized system.

Lorri

Works great for a business owner on a budget

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

It's been great. Easy for me, easy for clients, and easy for colleagues and collaborators to use. It does everything I need.

Pros

This is easy to use, and for very small businesses, the free version might be sufficient. So it's very accessible from a price perspective. I pay for the business set up, which is $14 per month, in part because of the email archiving functionality which I need for my particular industry. In addition, because everyone is using google these days for email, files and calendar items are super easy to share with my clients.

Cons

I use Microsoft in my other job, and I do think it's a more robust software, and that Office documents still have a lot of functionality compared to Google docs. That being said, the price of Microsoft Office and Cloud is prohibitive for a business the size of mine.

Dropbox Business and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Pricing, universality of the product - client and vendor familiarity with use.
Harmony

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Pros

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Cons

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

Max
Max

The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup.

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.

Cons

At the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

GCP is almost half the cost of other cloud platforms and much simpler to use.
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best Public cloud platform

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

We are using GCP for years now. We have deployed healthcare, telecommunication, education and logistics business applications on GCP. All applications were migrated from on-prem. Deployments were not too hard. Even though the pricing model is bit complex this is still cheaper than most of the cloud vendors. No repatriations so far.

Pros

+ Free tier available
+ Highly scalable
+ Security
+ Pay-as-you-go option ,so we have to pay only pay only for the usage.
+ Bring your own License capability.
+ Very easy to integrate with Google services.

Cons

+ Less number of datacenters across the world comparing to other vendors.
+ Pricing is bit complex
+ Customer services and support services could be improved

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Main reason is the pricing. GCP is lot more cheaper than other options
Michelle
Michelle

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

Debbie

Google Cloud from a Person who is not techie

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

ProblemsGoogle Cloud provides a range of solutions for storing, managing, and analyzing large amounts of data, including data warehouses, data lakes, and Big Data services. Google Cloud offers backup and disaster recovery solutions that help businesses protect their data and quickly recover from unexpected events.Google Cloud provides a platform for developing, testing, and deploying applications, enabling businesses to quickly bring new products and services to market. Google Cloud offers collaboration tools, such as Google Workspace, that help teams work more efficiently and effectively together.By leveraging Google Cloud's scalable infrastructure, businesses can reduce costs associated with hardware, software, and maintenance.BenefitsGoogle Cloud can scale to meet the changing needs of a business, providing resources when and where they're needed.Google invests heavily in security, ensuring that customer data is protected through encryption, access controls, and other security measures. Google has data centers and infrastructure located in multiple regions around the world, providing low latency and high performance for customers.Strong partner ecosystem: Google Cloud has a large and growing ecosystem of partners and integrators, providing customers with a wide range of services and solutions to meet their needs. Google Cloud offers a range of AI and machine learning services that can help customers gain insights and make better decisions. Innovation

Pros

Scalability: Google Cloud offers a highly scalable infrastructure that can adapt to the changing needs of a business.Security: Google invests heavily in security, ensuring that customer data is protected through encryption, access controls, and other security measures.Global presence: Google has data centers and infrastructure located in multiple regions around the world, providing low latency and high performance for customers.Strong partner ecosystem: Google Cloud has a large and growing ecosystem of partners and integrators, providing customers with a wide range of services and solutions to meet their needs.AI and Machine Learning capabilities: Google Cloud offers a range of AI and machine learning services that can help customers gain insights and make better decisions.

Cons

Steep learning curve: Some customers may find the breadth and depth of Google Cloud's offerings challenging to understand and navigate.Cost: Google Cloud's services can be more expensive than those of some other cloud providers, particularly for smaller customers or those with less complex needs.Limited adoption in certain industries: Google Cloud is still not as widely adopted as some other cloud providers, which can limit the availability of expertise and best practices in certain industries.

Richard
Richard

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status.

For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Cons

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully.

My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

Reviewed on 17/01/2021

GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world.
2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes. It is all managed by Google itself including the security and responsibility in case of breach is help by Google itself. Therefore you can only think about you own product and forget about any maintenance that is required in the backend.
3. Pub/Sub is also one of an amazing feature of GCP. It is a Redis like messaging service which can be utilized by you applications for internal as well as external publications and subscriptions.

Cons

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform.
2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

Will
Will

A trusted partner, and innovative IaaS and PaaS provider

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

We moved from a previous cloud hosting platform that had persistent downtime issues and we haven't had this issue in over 8 years with Google.

Pros

Whilst remaining innovative, security and reliability is paramount and this is evident through all of the Google Cloud platform products. We know that the products and tools available to us can be utilised for new projects and we're not afraid to commit to using these.

Cons

Some products are released with limited functionality and take time to evolve, other platforms perhaps have more mature offerings to compliment the compute resources. Naming conventions and rebrands of products can be confusing at times, especially when the name differs slightly when interacting via API, CLI vs GUI.

Solomon

By far my most proffered cloud service.

Reviewed on 28/01/2023

Overall, my experience with Google Cloud has been mixed. On one hand, it offers a wide range of services for storing, processing, and analyzing data, making it a versatile platform. The user interface is user-friendly and easy to use. The built-in security features like access control and encryption are great for keeping data safe and secure. However, the platform can be difficult to navigate and find the specific service you need. Additionally, the pricing for some services can be quite high, which might not be suitable for small businesses or personal projects. Some of the services are not as advanced as the other providers in the market. But overall, it's a solid option for those who are looking for a reliable and efficient solution for their data needs, and willing to invest the time and resources to navigate and master the platform.

Pros

I've been using Google Cloud for a while now and I am very satisfied with it. It has a lot of options for storing, processing and analyzing data which makes it very versatile. It's also very user-friendly, and I find it easy to use even if I'm not an expert in this field. I especially appreciate the built-in security features like access control and encryption that keeps my data safe and secure. I would definitely recommend Google Cloud to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient solution for their data needs.

Cons

From my experience, I have found some downsides to using Google Cloud. One thing that I find difficult is the navigation through the platform, there are so many options and services that it can be hard to find the specific one you need. Additionally, the pricing for some services can be quite high, especially for small businesses or personal projects. Also, some of the services are not as advanced as the other providers in the market. Overall, while Google Cloud offers a lot of useful features, the high pricing and the complexity of the platform might not be suitable for some users.

Data Engineering made Simple with the help of GCP

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Pros

Management of data is always critical to any organization, and it is not wise to have our own data center from a cost perspective. As a result of GCP, our operating costs have decreased. In addition to a number of free resources and new innovative products rolling out constantly, there are lots of free resources available based on the service. The dashboard, in particular, is simple and allows for all management to be done from one place. Taking a backup and restoring it whenever you need it is particularly convenient.

Cons

The service is a bit more expensive than other providers, specifically the price tier varies according to the level of customer support. Therefore, any immediate fixes must always be followed by additional learning.

Jhon Jaiver
Jhon Jaiver

The best internet cloud and you must use it

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

Very good, it has a wide variety of images that can be displayed in seconds with just a few clicks, connect everything in an intuitive and simple way, a wide variety of information to be able to carry out correct and functional deployments

Pros

It's like a Swiss army knife, it has everything you need in one place just a few clicks of the mouse away, the experience of the platform is very easy to use for those who are just starting out or those who are already an expert.

Cons

I don't like your payment system, the way you invoice should have multiple options such as the use of a debit card or prepaid credit subscriptions for the use of virtual machines, just having credit cards keeps many from spending more

Arif
Arif
  • Industry: Design

leading cloud computing platform that offers a wide range of services

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

Google Cloud is a great choice for businesses looking for a reliable, scalable, and feature-rich cloud computing platform.

Pros

Google Cloud is a leading cloud computing platform that offers a wide range of services and solutions for businesses of all sizes. The platform is highly scalable and flexible, making it easy for organizations to adapt to changing business needs. Some of the key features of Google Cloud include virtual machines, storage, databases, analytics, and machine learning. The virtual machines are highly customizable and allow businesses to run a variety of different operating systems and applications. The storage options are robust and offer high durability and performance. Google Cloud's databases are highly available, scalable and secure. The analytics and machine learning services are powerful and allow businesses to gain insights from their data and build intelligent applications. The platform is easy to use, with a user-friendly web console and a variety of tools for managing and monitoring resources.

Cons

i think is good, no complain about it. nice.