Guru

Write a Review!
Organize company information. Access it anywhere.

4.7/5

310 Reviews for UK Users

Michele
Michele

A great tool and resource

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Some companies have intricate workflows or, the information can be too much to memorize. Guru serves as a source of information. The fact that we can find everything in one click, that you can attach links, and photos and you can access similar cards, it's perfect!

Pros

It's intuitive, and user-friendly, and the best part is that by entering a key-word on the search bar you can find all the information about either a workflow or a products

Cons

So far I haven't found something I don't like about guru. It's a great app.

Jay Mark
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

This his how Guru help me on my work

Reviewed on 11/05/2024

I've learned a lot when it comes to process because guru is one of our base knowledge in our work. So when i encounter some difficulties Guru is the one that i used to find a resolution

Pros

I like how to use this Guru and so many documents that you can save. Since we have a lot of process on our work. Guru is one of our guide and best tools that i always open on my computer.

Cons

The design of the. But for me the design is not important as a knowledge base.

Anthony
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Editing Experience Needs Significant Improvement

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Pros

Cards being available in multiple board groups means we don't need to copy and paste knowledge around.
Integrations with teams is used regularly.

Cons

The editor. the editor. the editor. It's so bad that I'm looking for other ways to organize my knowledge.

Lucien

Guru is a critical tool to become our organisational brain

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Arguably one of the highest leverage tools we've ever brought into our company. Within two weeks, we had over 500 cards of information being viewed by over 50% of the company. This tool is a scaling solution that will power almost everything else when it comes to internal strategy and cultural alignment.

Pros

- Integration into slack is unbeatable and unlike any other in the market
- Browser extension is fantastic and easy to use
- Search is powerful
- Roadmap is strong with exciting things coming in the pipeline
- Bring able to ask questions in slack
- Ease of use
- Ease of implementation
- Implementation docs were amongst the best I've seen

Cons

- A lot of work to do on the analytics side to enhance this capability
- Formatting power in docs is limited when compared to something like Notion
- Sometimes little performance issues with large amounts of information

ClickUp and Notion

Reasons for Switching to Guru

Guru is purpose built for knowledge and doesn't try to market itself as anything else. Their relentless vision on building the best knowledge base became clear assessing other tools.
Kenneth Jordy

Best uses of Guru

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

I use Guru daily as our knowledge base on work in Car Rental and my freelance work in the gaming industry.

Pros

What I like to most is the navigation in Guru where it is very convenient and it is entirely broad from categorization.

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike in Guru so far.

Didi

Makes work easier

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Pros

I love using Guru at work because it makes finding information and helping members so much easier and quicker.

Cons

Not much I do not like. It is set up in a way it is easy to use and makes finding information a breeze.

Regina
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Guru article for vehicle listings

Reviewed on 17/04/2024

Excellent and very much informative in terms of process.

Excellent and very much informative in terms of process.

Pros

It is a knowledge base wherein you will know the answer because the process is there.

Cons

Just the information that is regarding the banning of the guests

Arriane
  • Industry: Events Services

Knowledge base

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

All good specially when I need help with getting the information.

All good specially when I need help with getting the information.

Pros

The information are accurate all of the thing I need to know is there.

Cons

The information are all in one page and can save as favorite.

yash
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

amazing app

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

amazing app no problems at all would like to make some changes like the key words and resorts restriction

Pros

Cons

sometime it does not capture key words everything about the guru card is amazing as we are able to answer our mem with quick and accurate answers

Shenlee
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Information on your hand

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Pros

I like how they combined simplicity and comprehensive content on Guru. Guru is so easy to use and it's very accessible for everyone. Guru is so newbie friendly since it's content or how they made details easy to read and easy to follow.

Cons

Nothing to be honest. Having all the things added here on guru, I wouldn't ask for more.

Tehila
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Guru is Great!

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Pros

It's so easy to write documentation! They make it almost like a game, it's fun! The UI is fantastic

Cons

It has limited text editor capabilities so you can't do any of the cool formatting or design you'd be able to do in Microsoft Word or a different text editor.

Joey
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Guru - my favourite knowledge management tool

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Pros

Guru's formatting options mean it's easy to take a complex matter and break it down into highlighable points, as well as contain enough information for those not just looking for a quick answer to gain in-depth context on card topics. Team permissions mean people who only need entry level access to certain subject matters don't get swamped with context that can become overwhelming when trying to sort out customer issues. I also love how easily searchable information is, with boards, tags and content! Guru's AI feature is also fantastic at finding cards with synonymous words which wouldn't otherwise show in search, and answering questions directly. It integrates exceptionally well into the daily work of frontline support, as well as internal teams, and is easy to implement new information into boards by making use of the drafting features.

Cons

Most things I can think about being a slight issue with Guru has been solved in recent updates - some cards used to be huge and tough to read while on live interactions, but now AI can summarize a card, or answer questions directly about the point being discussed. The table of contents used to be manual, but now Guru has that feature built in. Devs are obviously super responsive to the needs of users. It's an ideal tool for shared knowledge management. The only thing left is being able to request permissions for a single card if referenced in another and you don't need permission to view the entire board, but you have a topic that needs the deeper knowledge, from the T2 cards when you're a T1 for example.

Julie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Guru is Essential for Remote Work

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Guru has truly been a lifesaver for us, and has been so successful in our department that our entire company is now moving their knowledge bases to this platform. It is really easy to use and customize and organize, and I would recommend it to any company needing a centralized platform to hold information.

Pros

Guru is unbelievably easy to use and makes remote work a breeze. I cannot imagine training or being trained remotely without the use of this software.

One of the things I love as an administrator is the ability for my team to make comments and ask questions on the Guru cards themselves. It helps me to update our resources in real-time. Another thing I love is that Guru will send a weekly digest that includes any unanswered questions, and a list of cards that need to be verified. Having reminders of this verification schedule ensures that we (the administrators) update any policy changes ASAP.

Cons

The only hesitancy that my team has around this software is that once you have made a comment or asked a question on Guru, it is permanent and cannot be erased. Often, people will use a different channel to ask questions around Guru cards because they don't want to ask a "silly" question and have that record there for all to see. I personally find all of those questions to be helpful in making our cards as easy to find and follow as possible, but I see why some might be shy to leave a permanent mark in the knowledge base.

Crystal

Helpful and easy to use knowledge base

Reviewed on 06/10/2023

Guru has great support and is always adding more features. You can tell this team is invested and cares.

Pros

Guru makes it easy to share our processes with the team and serves as our knowledge base.

Cons

Getting the team to use Guru can be hard.

Google Drive

Google Drive
Matthew

Completely change how your team works together and searches

Reviewed on 05/10/2023

Guru has been a great help to us in many ways; its many features have allowed us to streamline our research and communication with one another; the fact that we can keep all of our relevant data in one central location and have easy access to it has saved us countless hours of work. Its cutting-edge artificial intelligence search tools have helped us find exactly what we need in record time.

Pros

We use it to conduct enterprise-level searches and handle large amounts of data using AI. Its intuitive interface and extensive feature set have allowed us to significantly improve the efficiency with which we share and retrieve information. The entire team has very well accepted this platform's ability to integrate with others because it allows everyone to work with the same data set without switching between different applications. Guru's powerful search algorithms and user-friendly interface make it easy to locate specific pieces of information even if we don't know their precise location.

Cons

Guru is expensive; however, the platform's many advantages outweigh its price, making it a wise financial investment.

Sumbul
  • Industry: Human Resources

Knowledge management made easy by a versatile well-managed tool

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Pros

The learning process is shirt as there is a good backup of training videos, most features are intuitive, and the ability to collect knowledge from various users and make them keep it verified is important too.

Cons

Folder management can be better, analytics have gone in a very different direction than what is required. We need to know who is creating content individually, team-wise, and learn about gaps. I would like admins to have this functionality on their dashboards and not have to dig around to find that the team features do not really reflect performance. I would also like to reward my top performers with badges.

Rachel

Excellent Knowledge Base

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Overall, great! Would recommend to others.

Overall, great! Would recommend to others.

Pros

My favorite thing about guru is its search capability. The fact that I can just think of a keyword or specific topic that was on a card allows me to pull up all cards that are relevant to that search. It is extremely helpful to quickly identity the card I was thinking of and needed to find.

Cons

It was hard to find certain editing options when you're trying to update the collection, verification cadence, or where the board lives for a card that is already made. The editing options could be little bit more obvious and user facing.

Kaila Chryzelle
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Guru is an outstanding software that is a necessity in any kind of work!

Reviewed on 21/10/2023

Guru makes my life at work much easier compared to other software that I used before. I would recommend this to other people and it is something that I would always brag to other people that is working in the same kind of industry where I am currently working. Honestly, I would also recommend this to other people who does not work in the same industry as mine. Kudos to Guru!

Pros

Guru is a user-friendly software that makes life of the user much easier whenever they need to use it. In my job, I always make sure I have my guru ready because this is our knowledge-based tool and whenever I need to search something, it is very easy to search what I need to look for. It is also very accessible.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing that I didn't like or like the least about Guru. It is perfect for my job and it is something that I would recommend to other people. Guru is a type of software that does not have a con or negative side in it.

Jonathan

Review for Guru

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

Its very useful and our company has titled heavily towards using it. Its useful.

Pros

The clean look and simplicity of use. It's fairly intuitive and I am able to generally find what I need. I dont know if its my organization or guru, but I feel like the first page/landing page for us employees when we first login could be laid out better where the new content draws the eye more, right now what draws the eye most is, in my estimation, useless information - highlighted boxes for "Total number of cards " Top verifiers" and "Top Authors" That should be under settings, Who cares,. Should not be the most prominent thing when I login to Guru. A Better layout in my estimation should be a Netflix style gallery of cards - two rows, one row on top 5 most searched cards for easy access, second row 5 newest additions. That should cover about 80% of our searches.

Cons

I don't feel like the search results are the best. They are good, but I do think they could be better.

Rob
Rob
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

The Company Brain

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

Guru helps us get new hires up to speed quickly and helps our fast growing organization keep everyone on the same page. Stops interruptions and the frustration of trying to find the right and most recent information. Solves the huge timezone challenges with teams working globally and it is impossible to connect to head office easily.

Pros

There is lots to like in this knowledge management platform. New hires absolutely love being able to find the information then need and trust it once they have found it.

1) Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content
2) Great search function and AI
3) Validation of information so users know what they are reading is current.

Cons

layout tools of the individual cards is a bit weak. It has an export to PDF function that we will never use because you can't create nice looking cards.

Meghan

Love for Guru

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

We solve lots of avoidance of miscommunication and easy places to find simple learnings which saves our team lots of time.

Pros

The Guru extension is my favorite feature. It follows the website well and everything you need to see is visible and it rarely has any slow downs or update issues. The constant updates on our cards is crucial as we always change processes in sales and this tool helps our team stay on the same page.

Cons

The knowledge trigger features usually dont work too well for my team it might be a temporary issue but we never seem to use the feature anyway.

kevin

Knowledge Management Software on the rise

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

So far I've been enjoying this tool and have found my productivity had significantly improved.

Pros

It's so easy to use and to adopt with all of your everyday tools.

Cons

Hard to say, but I think allowing some form of customization at the user level would be an added bonus.

• Industry: Accounting

Guru is the best knowledge base there is!

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

Overall, Guru offers both the best quality and productivity service there is.

Overall, Guru offers both the best quality and productivity service there is.

Pros

Guru as a summary, is the best knowledge base I have ever used. Cascading of new processes and policies, up to relaying the information to the client, is smooth sailing because of Guru. More works are being done, more clients are being addressed because of how much Guru is efficiently being used.

Cons

Guru cards are basic and it's best to have an option per user for it to be customized.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Daily end-user saving time and effort

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

I first used Guru in 2016 before my then-company deprecated it for some unknown reason. I was delighted when I joined my current company in 2023 and found a super well-maintained Guru knowledge base that showed plenty of UX improvements from over the years. I love it!

Pros

I love that Guru puts my company's knowledge base at my fingertips. The chrome extension, in particular, is fantastic and allows me to quickly search the knowledge base and get full access to the "card" right in my browser and in-context.

Cons

I don't have any complaints, though I'm just a consumer of the knowledge base and don't have any experience managing the content.

Cole
Cole

Thank you from Guru COO email - review

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Pros

The ease of searching cards and the new AI-powered "Ask a question" feature. It would be great to keep improving on this to leverage for searching existing resources for information/answers.

Cons

The opening and closing of different cards instead of being able to "tab" them like when searching an internet browser. Would make going between cards and copying multiple cards when having to reference multiple resources easier.