Mailbird

Write a Review!
Email management software to synchronize communications

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.2/5

390 Reviews for UK Users

Tomas
Tomas
  • Industry: Market Research

If you want a solid, easy email management tool, this is it. Plus no more Outlook.

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

Very happy with the performance of the software, the simple process and I love the ability to "see" all the important stuff clearly and quickly. The calendar integration is great, so no double checking on different apps and the tracking and filter options are great. Will recommend it to anyone that doesn't want big names to manage their email.

Pros

What I like most is the ability qto manage all my 6 accounts in one place. Plus features like the Time settings to send the email or the tracking of emails are good decision breakers. I wanted out of Outlook this was a charm.

Cons

Maybe the left bar of the account icons, if too many some are not seen directly.p

Sarah

Unfortunately does not always send mail

Reviewed on 24/02/2023

In general when it works it is a good product, but it does not work consistently and is not reliable.

Pros

I like that all accounts are unified in one place. I can set up icons that help me identify an account at a single glance. The delayed sending feature is helpful and intuitive.

Cons

I have one account that consistently has problems sending mail with mailbird. There is no announcement that it does not send, instead it quietly slides that mail into drafts, and it is a nasty surprise to discover it did not go out. I have contacted customer service several times, they can find no error! On my last attempt they said my log file was too dangerous to open and I should try creating a new log file to send them, as the problem is not consistent it is hard to capture!!

Response from Mailbird

Hi Sarah, we're naturally sorry to learn of the problems you have been experiencing with Mailbird.

My colleague Shub (who you have been communicating with) still has your ticket 'On Hold' since February, as he is waiting to receive the server log from you which will help us diagnose the problem and offer up a solution.

We look forward to receiving it at your earliest convenience so that we can begin diagnosing the problem more accurately.

The Mailbird Team

• Industry: Consumer Services

If You Have An Exchange Account that isn’t related to a business, don’t buy this!!!

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

This is the third time in the last few years that I’ve bought and used mailbird. I immediately remembered upon buying it why I deleted it very soon after… upon writing their customer support really hit home these issues:
Here’s a paraphrased conversation from their support:
Me: Hi, I have an exchange account that is my school account as I am a student that needs to work with the other inboxes. It’s not a business and I don’t need business features or to pay for a business plan bc I am not a business- is there a work around? Otherwise I’d appreciate a refund. Things weren’t as advertised and not I’m being bombarded with messages within the app to upgrade to business and I don’t have a business account.
Support: you can change the IMAP settings.
Me: how/where/what do you I change them to? You have no docs or articles to help and your doesn’t allow me to do anything other than choose a new url for the outgoing server. I cannot even access the incoming server.
Support: (a different person) Buy MB business! (Then proceeds in many different long paragraphs to try to sell me a business upgrade/account.
Me: I cannot delete the exchange account as the app crashes. Once again, I am not a business and won’t be upgrading just to have my student account with my other four accounts. Please help me by addressing the other things I spoke to.
Support: x4 more times (ignores my concerns) Buy business!! (Proceeds in paragraphs to try to sell me MB Business, pasted similar pitch…

Pros

The UI and the ease of use, versus outlook, mail, etc.

Cons

They have absolutely terrible support that fails to seemingly even read your request, let alone addrsss your concerns and help you work through them. One thing I can say is that their support the last time I ordered this product was MUCH BETTER. They changed their app so the workaround for adding an exchange account seems virtually impossible unless you want to upgrade to business. And then they repeatedly ram you into buying a business account, regardless of whether you need it or not. As someone whose worked in customer success, service, and sales for 18+ This company likely won’t survive if their only response to complains and issues is ramming a product the customer doesn’t need down their throats and not addressing any of their issues. Good support that retains customer and reduces churn actually had the customer’s best interest in mind… it’s clear by how things are ran here, and my multiple support tickets that all pan out the same, that is most definitely not the case with this product. Such a shame bc I actually love the functionality, and as a web developer, I know that UIX with these apps are absolutely terrible.

Deena
  • Industry: Accounting

Pay once and never have to pay for your desktop calendar, email, todolist again.

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

Pros

Similar to Outlook but it can be purchased as a stand-alone, which Outlook can't. No need to worry about continually having to pay for another upgrade, pay once and forget about it. Lifetime free upgrades. Can sync to google calendar, Todoist, Facebook, LinkedIn, among other apps. Works well with digitally signed emails.

Cons

So far, there is nothing that I do not like about Mailbird.

Cost and efficiency.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Mailbird works with my digital signing certificates better than Thunderbird did.
Christopher J
Christopher J
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Pros

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Cons

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Wiktor

Great Mail Manager, Not-Great Search Option.

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

It helped me with organizing my emial with other software, note takings, calendar, tas managing etc. On the other hand, due to the poor search/filter option it did not help me with client communication, because i had problems with finding whole conversation with specific client.

Pros

Speed, design, integration with third party software. I hold mail managment, organization, delivery status, character of notifications in a high regard. I would recommend this product for those who like elegant design and subtle notifications.

Cons

Search/filter feature is definately the worst part of MailBird. It works especially bad at large noversation, when you send one email to large group of nondisclosed recepients. MailBird groups it in one big conversation, and when the responder send response e-mail it is hard to find it later.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

ThunderBird had problems with itegrating different accounts

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Elegant design, good third-party integration, price, multiple accounts integration.

Response from Mailbird

Hi Wiktor,

Many thanks for your feedback - we're working on improving our search and filter functionalities. We realise that some customers would like more options, and we will do our best to deliver them in due course.

Thanks for using Mailbird, and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Giacomo

Great app for managing email

Reviewed on 14/10/2023

Pros

With Mailbird I can manage both mail and other very useful apps for my work from a single program without having to always change the work window.

Cons

it might be easier to customize but that's not a big deal

Stephen
  • Industry: Music

The only real option for managing multiple email, contact and calendar services from one tool

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

Intuitive... it just gets out of the way!

Intuitive... it just gets out of the way!

Pros

The ability to easily and ergonomically harmonise numerous contact, calendar and email sources across Google Workspace and Microsoft is unparalleled.

Cons

Maybe a unified mail folder structure feature would be helpful, but with full Google-style shortcut support you do not really notice this.

Gary V
Gary V

Great Product

Reviewed on 14/10/2023

Pros

All my social media accounts, calendar and apps in the sidebar. Saves time because everything is there at a glance.

Cons

Nothing to not like. What more can I say!

Wayne
  • Industry: Accounting

Version 3.0 violates my original license agreement

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Good until v 3.0. The interface was very good for users with only one email address.

Pros

I used to like their purchase once, and get lifetime updates license.

Cons

I had a perpetual lifetime license but after the latest update, they are trying to force me to subscribe!! I think a class action lawsuit may be in order.

Cameron
  • Industry: Design

Great for micro businesses

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

Love that it's simplified, love that I can customize and add other communication apps like Teams, Slack, etc. but it needs less 'all Google' and more options for MS365 users...give people actual options, unlike every other tool out there (all google focused) - not every micro business likes Google!!!!

Pros

Super easy to use, setup, and keep all communication tools in one place

Cons

HATE, HATE, HATE that its Google focused - not everyone likes Google - please make more features available for Microsoft 365 users!!! Like SharePoint, Word, Excel, etc. as an app option! Stop with Google crap!

John

Bells and whistles. Pay them for an app then help them with R&D for free. Waste of time and...

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

horrible, frustrating, waste of time, waste of money. Big on promises, poor on delivery.

Pros

nothing at all. Oh, hang on, there was one thing... uninstalling.

Cons

unstable, support enquiry leads to end user fault - not cool.

Response from Mailbird

Hi John,

We're naturally very sorry indeed that you have had a bad experience. It pains us to learn of any scenario where a customer feels let down.

I am unable to find your support tickets by using the information provided in this review, but if you would like a second pair of eyes to take a look at your case, please don't hesitate to email the Mailbird Customer Happiness Manager at the following email address: [email protected]

He will be more than happy to look at everything once again if you're still interested in giving Mailbird another go.

Thanks for trying us out all the same.

The Mailbird Team

• Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check.

I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Pros

Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there).

Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

Cons

They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying that google collects all sorts of data. The difference is that google is close to being a trillion dollar company with a lot to lose. Everyone knows they collect data and either accept it or use something else. I had never heard of Mailbird until several weeks ago, and their website makes it sound like they do not collect this information when they actually do.

"Mailbird also no longer sends name and email address to the License Management System. "
(this appears to be a new 'update', but I confirmed that it has been on the website for the last several months at least.)

All of their 'add-ons' are really just opening web apps in a side bar. They don't appear to have any real integration with the program.

There are two places to 'opt out' of data sharing. When you first set up the program it asks you, then you have to also go into settings -> advanced and un-check 'Share performance and usage data'.

Erika
Erika
  • Industry: Online Media

Mailbird has a great interface for managing multiple mail accounts

Reviewed on 01/04/2023

Overall, I stopped looking for another app, and so, for my, the glitchy integrations are not enough for me to move on to another app, because I really like the user interface of Mailbird.

Pros

I like the interface overall. I use it for a total of ten distinct mailboxes for diffferent companies and roles, and Mailbird gives me enough ways to separate these things, while still having a catch-all inbox, which they call Unified Inbox, in case I ever achieve Inbox Zero.

Cons

I have yet to be able to get the integrations to work - Zoom and Google Calendar are the two I would use the most. I also find the Chrome and facebook integrations glitchy - when I had them integrated and would open a link in Mailbird, I could not close the window, ever, so that it was blocking the screen until I force closed the mailbird process altogether.

W Lawrence
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

An ABSOLUTE Waste of Time and Money

Reviewed on 14/10/2023

I have wasted more time with this program than any other. Thunderbird is a much better interface. Tech support is useless. You will have to ask your question 3-4 times before they actually read it and answer you. They will send you a GPT response that has nothing to do with your question or the person answering cannot speak English or is not reading the question.

Pros

It looks good until you have to use it, then the pretty interface becomes very inefficient..

Cons

Limited move capability. You can move but only a few messages at a time. The lack of continuous synching with Google Calendars. If they deny this, I have the email from tech support that says they do not do it.

Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Thunderbird does not have a STOP DOWNLOADING button. I thought Mailbird might. Wrong.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

I went back to Thunderbird and Outlook.
Kimary

Dissatisfied. Took a few weeks to experience many program deficiencies & they refused to...

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Very disappointing. Did much work to set up folders and bring over saved e-mails and get all my contacts transferred just to find Mailbird lacking basic features that have been around for over a decade in other FREE emails.

Pros

Now that I've switched I've found more deficiencies in their design than good. I guess the best so far was customer service helped my husband figure out how to import my 900 contacts from my former Live Mail. And their service reps are pleasant and easy to understand but they can't help you much because the program is so limited. But they are very pleasant when they tell you "Mailbird can't do that" to most the service requests I've made.

Cons

If you do a search of your e-mails you cannot erase in search mode. Meaning once the temporary need to retain emails on a certain topic expires you can search and SEE the dozens of emails you are now ready to erase but you can't erase them. One must write down all the dates or just manually scroll through to erase ONE AT A TIME. Major program flaw. Also you can't decrease the amount of space between returns, & there is no condensed font so if you compose things people will need to print out it will annoyingly take extra paper and ink to print. The bottom line is that my former FREE email was capable of so many basic things mail bird is not capable of and took more than a little over 14 days to experience each limitation as I had need to use the feature. So now I have to waste the money I paid for Mailbird and go to a more progressed e-mail design and I'm not even done moving everything to Mailbird yet.

Ninos
Ninos

After trying different email clients, MailBird is our choice

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Overall i'm happy with MailBird..
It's easy to manage multiple email accounts (Google, Hotmail,...

Overall i'm happy with MailBird..
It's easy to manage multiple email accounts (Google, Hotmail, and SMTP..)
It has all the right features, and it's clean UI..
Coming from Outlook.. it's a fresh experience.

Pros

I like that it's light-weight, compared to Outlook which I've been using for years.

Mailbird makes connecting accounts easy, has integrations with different apps, (whatsapp, messenger, Slack..) and recently native Grammarly integration.

When conducting a search, the search view remains saved as a "folder tab" to easily access it . Unlike Outlook, once you navigate away, the search result disappears.

Deleting an open conversation will delete the email from the inbox.. Outlook doesn't do that.
I find this useful when quickly going through several emails.

Cons

* I wish they would develop a mobile app version of MailBird!
* Not able to customise the display font-size.. (not Email typography)

Deb

If you are new to email, ignore my review. If you are very used to Outlook AVOID this product.

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

I am frustrated every day and wholeheartedly regret that I did not invest in the program that I was used to, Outlook. I tried to cancel and get back my investment, but I was two weeks too late. I got a note back from a manager basically saying, too bad for you...

Pros

If you are new to email, ignore my review, you probably like the many positive features of the program and do not know or will not be bothered by my Cons. Like many reviewers said the program is beautiful, colorful, and has a nice video game feel. The icons are easy to understand and work quickly within the program.

Cons

If you are a 20 year MS Outlook user like me, I don't care how cute my email is, I need it to be functional. Frustration starts in that the inbox scrolls in the opposite direction of most everything else on the internet. Adds a step. Replied to emails disappear into the sent message and I can only retrieve them by opening up my server page. Adds several steps. There is no advanced search. The search function is incapable of searching only one folder (e.g. inbox only) so to clean out my inbox ADDS SEVERAL STEPS.

Christian
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

Cons

There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

Very easy to use cheap mail exchange for desktop

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Pros

-Very easy to use
-Gmail keyboard shortcut just makes the email reading in a breeze.
-Easy to manage accounts.
-Nice dashboard and design.
-Integrations allow users to not leave the app so you can see your calendar and docs.
-Undo sent email is a lifesaver.

Cons

-Search option is not good. It needs to improve.
-The attachments are stored separately and cannot edit when you open them. This loses us time when we edit or sign a paper.
-Limited background and color options.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Research

One of the best clients on Windows

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

I've tried a number of clients before settling with this one. I heard Thunderbird is among the most popular, but it's nothing compared to Mailbird. I love using it.

Pros

Linking different e-mails is easy, as is sending from different e-mails. The search availability is useful, and I like how it displays your most recent search history. It has also a friendly interface - not too cluttered, but not over simplified either.

Cons

With the updated availability to review Google Sheets/docs directly in the e-mail, this limits my ability to multi-task, i.e., I cannot review other e-mails while viewing a Google Sheets document. I find myself often copying the link and then pasting it in my browser instead, because there's currently no way to 'opt out' of this option.
I would like to be able to categorize my 'starred' emails.
The availability to access your two most recent searches, rather than one, would make it more useful.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Mail client with the right functions

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Love it and going to use it continuously

Love it and going to use it continuously

Pros

Before mailbird i have tired almost all the mail clients which available online of cause for free to try and free ones but i ended up using and buying mailbird coz they have understood what the user needs form an email client. You can add almost all your IMAP emails but not restricted to other protocols as well. Other thing is not loaded with too much functionality but the right and most needed ones. You can use collaboration tools inside the mailbird which is good feature.

Cons

Nothing at the moment.. had a minor issue with win10 regarding to resolution...but not a big deal.. i thinks its not mailbirds problem

Gary
  • Industry: Music

Mailbird, not too bad, but there are better ones out there

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

Generally ok. I will not renew Mailbird no matter how low the price until they have a decent filtering system and the ability to simply delete emails.

Pros

Relatively easy to use and set up. has good unification of accouonts

Cons

1- this is a disaster! The emails keep returning and I have to go through hoops to TRY and delete them. 2- the email filtering system

Philip
  • Industry: Restaurants

THE BEST EMAIL CLIENT THERE IS, WITHOUT DOUBT

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

10/10 Seriously. Stop vacillating and get Mailbird.

10/10 Seriously. Stop vacillating and get Mailbird.

Pros

I've used pretty much all of them over the last thirty years. Mailbird is far and away the best. Pure and simple. Easy to set up. Supremely functional. Clean and delightful. You will love it. I have many email addresses and many personalities - easy for Mailbird. You won't be disappointed, even if you have Gmail already!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Mailbird. I have never said, 'Oooh, I wish Mailbird had this." This is a superb product. Superb, I tell you.

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

I love this email client!

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Mailbird help me organize my various email accounts and gives me the ability to have them all in my place. This really provides easy access to my mails, help me quickly access and send emails and ensures I don't miss any emails.

Pros

The first then I'll mention is that Mailbird us pretty easy to use.
Another thing is the various add-ons that can be enabled. They make the user experience even more satisfying.
I also like that there's a dark mode. It makes it easy to use it at night.
The snooze option is another feature I love and use quite often.

Cons

I've never had any issues with this software. Works perfectly for me.