Adobe Acrobat Reader Reviews

10328 Reviews for UK Users

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

User friendly with large pdf file, easy to handle

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

I have been using several pdf readers for a couple of years, when it comes to open a large file I never have seen any other option then adobe acrobat reader. At first, it takes time to open, it’s not an ideal part for me, but when it runs I can not complain about its service. The interface of this software is user friendly, I can find every in my hand when I use it. In the past, when I work for too long, I forgot to save my works, sometimes software crashes. So my advice to save your work-time to time, unless you may lose some of your work.

Pros

Though it takes some time to start in the first place, it can open both large and small files at ease, I can easily operate it not like other pdf readers. Zoom feature is user-friendly and it’s too easy for me to operate. Text editing is another thing I often use to edit my documents. In large file, page rotation is taking very low time in acrobat reader, I mean I can do this in no time. Just like other pdf readers, I can use pdf exporting, margin, editing, organizing, etc with minimum effort.

Cons

Waiting-part! When I open a small or large file it takes too much time to open, they need to make it quick. When I work for too long sometimes it crushes also.

Soda PDF and Nitro Pro

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader

In my experience, Foxit reader is good for small and medium file use, but when it comes to the large file I cannot able to use this software, sometimes I lose my data due to a crash. Zoom option is not enough user friendly for me.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader

I was using this software for a long time, so its interface is comfortable for me to work, I know where I can find my tools, another thing is its premium price I thing is less than others
Melanie
Melanie

Great and affordable!!!

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

A great program that gives you all that you need to work with PDF files

A great program that gives you all that you need to work with PDF files

Pros

This is a must have for very business. Features are plentiful, I never have to use another program.

Cons

Nothing. This works for all my needs and more

MICHAEL
  • Industry: Design

Acrobat Reader review

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

Great, use it daily and have minimal issues but use other programs for markups

Great, use it daily and have minimal issues but use other programs for markups

Pros

Quick access to text via search, some markup functions that are easy.

Cons

When text could not be recognized, markup functions that should be simple were not at all.

Janosch
Janosch

Best solution for some scenarios, rather cumbersome for others

Reviewed on 12/05/2019

Being in a tight spot whenever you want to do specialized or edge case PDF work, this is the solution. The chances are very high, you will find a solution for pdf based complex business matters within this Piece of PDF Software. I keep it at hand at all ties, although only on desktop machines. More lightweight readers are better for reading, this is more like a specialized business tool...and a very effective one at that.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader is a perfect tools for complex tasks regarding PDFs. Be it the delivery of encapsulated, encrypted sensible data or the plot of large scale images on regular office paper it excells. This is kind of a typical aspect of Adobe products: It is a perfect, cutting edge tool for professional and specific case work. Really thee is no better. Want to Plot a A0 floorplan on multiple sheets of A4 Paper - this is the tool. Want to send over acquisition financial data that is highly sensitive. Go with this product.

Cons

Like many Adobe Products, this one suffers from the same issue: Perfect tool for specialized tasks rather disappointing regarding simple easy things. The Reader is massive in scales of memory usage and harddisk space ... especially on limited, lightweight devices and if you just want to read PDFs its overkill. Also, Annotations work better with other products, as better means more hasselfree and comfortable.

Eric
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Essential pdf reader

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

This is my absolute favorite pdf reader

This is my absolute favorite pdf reader

Pros

It completely takes care of all my pdf reading and customization needs

Cons

Theres isnt much to complain about other than maybe suggesting a turtuourial in the program.

Rob
  • Industry: Design

Quick commenting tool

Reviewed on 23/06/2024

Pros

The only PDF reader i use and editing functions are great for quick comments/sugestions.

Cons

Some characters don’t display correctly such as two l’s, they appear as a block

Keith
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Adobe Acrobat features and functionality prescribed

Reviewed on 20/06/2024

Pros

The ease of use and features make Adobe Acrobat a must have for transferring documents, emails, pictures and more.

Cons

The signature signing can use an upgrade

Natasha
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Adobe--The Best PDF Reader

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

When I'm not using my Mac's preview, I enjoy using Adobe Acrobat Reader to read, edit, annotate, and comment on pdfs. It's great for businesses and students, alike.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader allows for a seamless integration with Adobe Sign and other pdf document signing apps. It's user friendly and mobile friendly. It also helps with all things pdfs (copying, saving, reading, editing, annotating, and commenting).

Cons

To use a lot of the functions, you need to have the paid version. Also, when you are able to make a copy or save a document, the name of the document is quite long with a combination of letters and numbers, so you do have to rename a document to simplify it.

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A core app that everyone should have.

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Pros

It's easy to use and powerful. It's available on multiple platforms.

Cons

I wish it had the full capabilities of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Sayma
Sayma

The most straightforward PDF software.

Reviewed on 17/06/2024

The easiest to use however it's expensive.

The easiest to use however it's expensive.

Pros

It's really easy to use. It converts PDFs to other formats e.g. .doc files really quickly and easily.

It's easy to add text on the PDF.

Cons

Quite expensive, especially if you want to use just Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Dan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A very user friendly pdf viewer and editor

Reviewed on 28/11/2019

I love the ease of use for highlighting sections of text - there is no need to be precise, it will automatically select the text. The sticky note function is very clear and easy to read for adding notes.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for marking up a pdf file, and the fact that pdf files are very common and used everywhere - especially government sites like tax files or application forms.

Cons

The software loads kind of slow most of the time at startup. I have a decent laptop, and other comparable software loads a bit quicker.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader

Some files didn't load correctly with the other readers that we tried. Adobe seems to be the standard pdf software.

Chandler

Daily Tool for Just About Everything

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Overall, I am SO GRATEFUL for this software. I truly could not do my job as efficiently without it. It makes day-to-day tasks so much easier and is a "one-stop-shop" for document editing and management. Easy to use, well-priced, and multifunctional....it's a no-brainer to use it.

Pros

This software is a tool for several aspects of my job. I use it to edit and redline house plans, send documents out for signatures, create job books, create marketing materials, and more. I use the edit & comment tools most frequently. I'm able to completely measure and mark up plans with specific notes and diagrams, and every plans goes through Adobe before we send the construction drawings to the field. With Job books, I'm able to organize all of the pages and rearrange them as needed. It is easy to combine documents and send for client signatures...I honestly couldn't do my job without this software.

Cons

Sometimes the software has trouble identifying scanned images and won't recognize the text...it will change the text to some gibberish and I have to completely close the window to make sure I don't permanently mess up the plan set. One other area I think could be confused is the ability to click and drag photos to the documents if the "add image" tool is open. Right now if you do that, it opens the image as a new PDF.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader

Nuance was not running well on my Dell computer and was not as easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader

We still use Plan Swift as an estimating tool, but Adobe is a much easier and well-rounded tool to use for editing and marking up PDFs.
Feyisayo

Good software to maneuver any pdf file

Reviewed on 10/07/2020

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC save my business time need to convert docs across formats and put an extra layer of security on the documents. It is somewhat cheap to afford too.

Pros

I like Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for many reasons but the reasons below are my best

1. Easy of export to other formats. I think the export is more of conversion to other formats

2. I like the fact that I am able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view my PDF docs even when the license has expired.

3. Before Adobe Acrobat Reader DC was introduced editing PDF file was very difficult for me. I like the fact that I am able to maneuver the PDF files. I can Edit text and image, Merge and delete pages, rearrange and even put a signature on documents.

4. I also like the security feature that comes with it because it restrict access to my pdf when I dont want people to access it.

Cons

1. I dont like the recent integration of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC with Adobe creative cloud it makes setting up and purchase of the software difficult.

2. The customer support is not superb too.

Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader

I tried foxit phantom PDF but i dont like object editing feature its make some of the content of PDF disappear once i click

Foxit PDF SDK

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader

I am more familiar with Adobe products so I went for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Jerry

Adobe Acrobat may be the Standard for PDF usage

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Adobe Acrobat has been the leading PDF application for as long as i can remember,support has always been very difficult and vague and has been a challenge to overcome throughout the years. As the years went by we have become less dependent on support because of the internet forums.

Pros

i like that the product is free, easy to access from a deployment standpoint. There are many features to choose from if you you use the adobe creative cloud. You can take your pdf documents where ever you have internet access.The ability to zoom and customize the toolbar is much better than in the past.

Cons

I dont like the fact that many of the features must be obtained by having an creative cloud account that is active. There are many other PDF programs out there like Nitro,SourceForge that have many available features that are free, Adobe Acrobat should follow the example of these other pdf apps. I also do not like the GUI of Reader, it is too busy with options and makes a novice and even an advanced user very frustrated with features that arent readily available without using the paid for Software as a Service.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A tool that is essential for every pdf document user

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

This tool has all features ranging from document cloud storage to digital signature functionality.
E...

Extremely useful for teams who need to access common documents across different locations

Pros

It has an extremely professional interface for viewing and editing pdf document s
The sign function allows digital signature really easily
The document conversion feature is a real time saver

Cons

The free version does not posses half of the features available with the pro version hence it's recommended to users to update to the pro version

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader

The ease of use offered by Adobe forced us to opt for the same
Waleed
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

the neatest, most stable and fastest reader but

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

the most neat and clean PDF reader that need some more features

the most neat and clean PDF reader that need some more features

Pros

adobe acrobat reader, just like acrobat itself, is perhaps the most reliable PDF reader. A plethora of readers are available these days and each has it’s own advantagees and disadvantages as i am huge reader and always try alternatives, but with my vast experince, i tel one thing for sure, if you want to choose a reader that works smooth, fast and almost never crashes, and if you don’t want want to encounter anything messy, then choose acrobat reader. you can compare it’s neateness against others just like iOS was neat in comparision to older android versions. You can try opening a large book with for example foxit PDF and then the same with adobe reader, try this again and again, every time adobe reader wins. the colour accuracy is definitely appreciable too. unlike most other readers, which will open books for you and as these load, the book may seem horrible, not because the book is horrible, but the reader’s rendering engine is problematic. Never faced this while using acrobat reader. and the global availability of this software makes it a definite “one and only”

Cons

the features of this reader are too few compared to some other readers for example foxit PDF.
for example, on the iOS version of Adobe reader, it lacks :
X text-reflow
X crop-mode
X text-to-speech
etc
it also displays files in an odd way if the document has non-standard width-to-length ratio. it does not correct this to fill up the screen so the document looks weird. on PC version, zoom feature will make up for this though.
finally, lack of third paty cloud support is sad.
for the paid version ,you have to pay more compared to the most famous rival ie foxit phantomPDF

samuel
samuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Free, Easy to Use and it Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Acrobat Reader has been my only PDF reader since I started using PC. Even when I changed to another option, I always find myself not satisfied. Acrobat Reader is exactly what you need if you need a software that can edit a PDF file, convert your PDF file to another format, create PDF from images and other features that you will find amazing. The interface is easy to understand, no complicated functions that will take you time to learn. The paid version give access to some complex functions but if you don’t need them, you don’t have to paid for the service, the free version works just great.

Pros

Acrobat Reader makes interaction with PDF files an easy thing. No technical experience needed, doesn’t matter if you are familiar with any adobe software, Acrobat Reader is very easy to use.

Acrobat Reader is most popular for the ability to Edit PDF files, a remarkable experience if you ask, this feature have been very useful for my business, as a graphic designer that work on cover design, I have used this tool to correct some text errors without necessary using Photoshop all over again. With the editing options, i can also add or replace images right on the platform. What I love most about the software is the cross platform software usage, a PDF made on Windows PC can be edited on a MacBook without damaging the file’s structure. it’s very user friendly

Acrobat Reader also makes it easy to create PDF file by just grouping images together, i can convert my images into one single PDF file and save it, there is also option to convert PDF file to another format, including Word & PowerPoint format.

As a graphic designer, the software has helped me in my daily work and still helping. It offers more features that comes handy whenever I need them.

Cons

My first complaint about Acrobat Reader will be the big gap between the Free version and the Paid version. The free version only handle basic functions while the Paid version however offers complex functions which are thing you might need on a daily basis.

Also the software is a little slow when dealing with big files. I noticed that opening of cover designs are mostly slow, the software reads the file’s layers one after the other, which will take few seconds to complete depending on the file’s size.

Alicia

Create Professional Documents With Ease

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Overall,

Overall,
Creating PDF's, printing and saving documents as PDF's and having my customers use the forms I've created, has been a great experience. Adobe has really stepped up their game since I first started using this software years ago. I look forward to seeing what new features Adobe will bring in future! It is obvious they listen to their customers feedback!

Pros

I love that I can create contracts within word or excel and save them as a PDF. I can send these contracts to my customer, they can sign the document and send it back to me. I never have to worry about them altering the contract context. They have the capability to leave comments where they need to see a change, but never the actual document itself. I love that I can protect my forms.
Speaking of forms, I like that I can create forms that can be filled in with ease. I use specific forms everyday, knowing that all the jargon is there and I just need to fill in a few items gives me a sense of ease. I don't have to worry about creating a document and with every use, I have to worry about how it could be affected throughout. I don't have to worry about lining things up perfectly every time. It's all there! Just fill in the blanks!

Cons

I said I love the forms.... I do not love how difficult it is to create. Unless you watch a few "How-To" videos, one would never know how to create these PDF's. I love that I have the option to create a reusable document, but understanding how to generate the "fill in the blank" areas, are not as easy. It seems like everything else is pretty easy to understand and navigate through with the exception of that. Had I not have an experienced coworker to help, this process would be more frustrating than it's worth.

Nick
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Necessary for Professionals

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

My business entails the frequent filling of forms—be it reports, grant requests, progress notes, or the odd document that someone has photographed on their 2010 model camera phone and sent through an MMS message. I have gone from filling these out by hand, to trying to recreate the documents in a word processor so that I could type in my responses, to using word processing software and older products to create Text boxes that could then be filled in. I cannot overstate the amount of time saved by using DC, both in creating and filling in forms. Adobe solved a problem that I had for years. The solution is well worth the price. I feel certain that there are products that do similar things. However, I have yet to have had a reason to consider trying anything but DC.

Pros

This software does just about everything that the word processing software products are not able to do. It is next to impossible to narrow down a single feature as my favorite. If pressed, though, I would have to go with the form creation capabilities of DC. This is a bonus on two fronts. First, Adobe has mastered their trade when it comes to recognizing potential form fields in existing documents. Downloaded or scanned documents quickly become easy-to-fill-in forms that do not require tedious tinkering with a text box arrow. Secondly, the ability to create your own document with forms is outstanding. Whether it is a multi-page application that would benefit from linked fields or a simple order form that needs preserved formatting, DC gives you the ability to create it both quickly and without a tremendous learning curve.

Cons

This software does exactly what I need it to do and more. The market is filled with word processing software products that fulfill that need, and Adobe does not claim to go up against them with DC. However, there are times when using DC that I have wished that some of the commands that have been available to me for ages in other brands’ software on the word processing side were available in DC.

Jean Bertin
Jean Bertin
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Software I would not purchase out of pocket

Reviewed on 12/09/2021

All in all, a PDF editor is an essential tool for any workplace, and many people cannot work without one. Adobe Acrobat Reader is one of the most popular Adobe applications, but it performs so many functions beyond viewing PDF files. By using Adobe Acrobat, you can create and edit content directly on your device to work on projects with your team.

Pros

As part of my assigned office equipment, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC came pre-installed. Our organization provides this software to all employees as part of the standard software suite. However, I do not believe I would purchase this tool. It might be fun to play with, but I will not buy it out of my own pocket.

Having said all of that, the tool does exactly what it claims. Actually, the program is quite effective if you're familiar with it and know your ways around.

For both business and personal use, PDF editing software is indispensable. Whether you are filling out forms or joining PDFs, adding comments and highlighting elements, this app works like a charm. There is no shortage of features either - especially when it comes to security. Yet, like I said, I have a problem with programs that take up many system resources. The same goes for Adobe Acrobat.

I have to consistently use it for years because it is my employer's requirement. However, I lately switched to modern PDF Solutions such as Foxit PDF editor and WPS Office Suite. My usage of this tool has dropped to 20% monthly.

Cons

Just as I mentioned earlier, I am not a big fan of heavy and resource-consuming standalone applications. A good example of this is Adobe Reader. In comparison to many modern PDF solutions such as WPS Office and Foxit Editor, I find the UI to be difficult to use. Although it may not be the easiest tool to use, it remains very useful if you have the right knowledge and computing resources.

Zachariah
Zachariah

Want to read a PDF? Then you should use Adobe's own Reader. It works best.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

It allows me to read PDFs quickly and without fuss. Easy and simple (i like simple).

We use it...

We use it daily to read invoices and final artwork submitted to us.

By having the artwork PDF'd and opening it with the same software developers product that we are all seeing the same thing. That's good for everyone as otherwise we could have big disputes resulting in fights over printed or web published artwork from advertisers that's not right and the subsequent fights over money.

Pros

First off, i like being able to download the product from the manufacturer/developers site directly. This way you feel safe that you are getting the right safe product.

Secondly, it just works!!! No funny settings or anything to worry about.

Third, the size of the software is small and quick. Click, click and it is in place.

Lastly and not to be overlooked is that it is FREE! That's pretty important.

If you are making use of PDFs and just want them to open and be readable then this is what you need. (note: you can also get fancy PDF versions from Adobe that do all kinds of extra things). Even with this version you can add notes and things to the PDF and share it with others.

It even works on tablets and phones so that's convenient to have cross platform access all on the same program.

Cons

I rated customer support as 4 stars (which may be a bit silly since i have never really run into a snag with the program) but i can't rate it 100% without having tried or needed it.

There are more fancy versions of the software which you can pay for but i must admit i have not really even needed them (yet). At least they are not pushy about advertising their paid versions all the time.

Elias Alirio
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best PDF reader

Reviewed on 22/06/2019

As a reader and option for studying, and storing PDF documents with highlightes information, I would not ever change this option. Nothing can be perfect, but the experience with this software is good enough for me!

Pros

I often deal with performance and profile reviews at my workplace with a lot of information to read, but with some focus points to mainly keep in mind. With Adobe Reader, I am able to highlight specific pieces of information permanently in an existing PDF document and save it for future review. It allows me to make these highlights in different colors and also add notes with different symbols, whose colors can also be modified. This is great because it helps me prioritize information and ensure my focus is where it needs to be. I am also studying online and I have found these features incredibly useful for note taking in my PDF documents. On my desktop, I like how Adobe keep records of the last documents I have been dealing with which I can easily access from its initial window. If you can access your personal cloud, you are able to access documents across devices in case you need to do that.

Cons

I like the coloring features, but I would like that the desktop options to change colors were as easy to perform as it is to perform on my iPad. A few extra clicks are extra effort that though it is worthwhile, it is effort I would rather not have. Obviously then its reading limitation is something that could be improved. Modifications or direct notes on documents are not as easy to perform and often require other software to do so.

Christian
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Acrobat Reader DC - connecting people, ideas and projects

Reviewed on 09/09/2018

I work with an international team, sharing documents over the Internet on a daily basis, therefore Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat is a MUST for us. It is an easy to use tool everybody can understand and work with immediatley. I am also wroking with Adobe Acrobat for creating and editing documents, formulars, etc.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC is a standard for sharing Documents with people all over the world. It is a free software everybody can download in the Internet to open PDF-Documents. It is the original and still for me the easiest way to share informations, contracts, illustrations, etc. with my team, with prospects and friends. It is easy to add comments and ideas in this documents and share it with people involved without any problems with program incompability. I love the Acrobat Reader App for my Mobile Phone and the possibility to scan documents and convert to PDF-Files with Adobe Scan.

Cons

It is very hard to find something that I do not like about this software. Especially with the possibility to get the Adobe Acrobat, with which you can create and edit PDF-Documents, for professional use with an Abo-Model, which makes it affordable not only for companies, but for individuals, where you can cancel the subscription monthly. What I wonder is why Adobe still do not have his own software like MS Word, Google Docs, etc.. I have still issues with creating writable formulars, because converting from MS Word to PDF is not hundred percent working. Anyway this critic is about Adobe Acrobat. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is amazing.

juan
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

the king of pdf

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

the best solution to capture information from any application of any digital system, it is quite good since it is a universal file reader, very versatile and above all very easy to use, acquiring the PRO version, it does wonders with the software, without a doubt It is the favorite of many.

Pros

The advantages of the software are many, since it has no limitations, considering the pro version, since it allows you to create PDF files from blank pages, any type of document, Web pages, scanned / digitized printed documents and even the content from the clipboard. You can choose from various PDF creation methods depending on the type of file you start with and the desired requirements for the PDF. To give a few examples, PDF files can be created from paper documents, Word documents, InDesign® files, and digital images. There are different PDF conversion tools for different types of source files. In many applications you can create a PDF by selecting the Adobe PDF printer in the Print dialog box. If a file is open in the application that was created (for example, a spreadsheet open in Microsoft Excel), you do not have to open the acrobat to convert it into PDF, it is a super functional tool.

Cons

I could say that one of the disadvantages or limitation of the software is its trial version, because it only allows the main and basic functions, to use it in its entirety requires a payment, which is considerable and fair given the quality of the software

Gerald
Gerald
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent PDF reader with added features

Reviewed on 02/10/2022

Adobe Acrobat Reader is extremely useful for me. It's free. The Chrome extension has many useful features which satisfy most of my PDF needs, especially merging, rotating, signing, etc. I'd recommend it as a good place to start for someone looking for a simple, useful PDF tool.

Pros

PDF Reader is a free Adobe program that appears to have improved and added many new features in the past couple of years. The basic downloadable program is good for viewing, printing and signing PDFs. The free Chrome extension is extremely useful and seems to offer many more functions like Rotate, Merge, Edit, Reorder pages, etc. Previously one would have to go to free online sites to get those functions. I'm a pretty limited user and have little need to create PDFs or edit PDFs. But I do use many of the extra features available with the free Chrome extension and would highly recommend it. Also, if you set up a free Adobe account you can keep your PDFs in the cloud which for some people can be handy if you don't have Dropbox, Onedrive or another cloud storage program.

Cons

In truth, for a free program, I don't have many complaints. I've tried other free PDF Readers and have always ended coming back to Adobe. One feature I don't think it has is converting a non fillable PDF form into a fillable one, which would be quite useful. Adding more functions would always be welcome, but then Adobe would be cannibalizing its paid programs.