Adobe Connect

Web conferencing solution for schools and organizations

4.0/5

Michael B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Exponentially improves collaborative work

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

Adobe Connect offers all the tools used today to keep teams communicating effectively. It is a really useful platform that you need for your business.

Pros

It has an elegant simplified interface that allows you to focus on common places of work. It allows video meetings with high quality. A whiteboard can be created and used to dynamically share and display information. Chat provides the ability to communicate and share content in real time.

Cons

This is a very complete and efficient platform. So far the only downside is the simplicity of some of its features.

Brian S.
  • Industry: Libraries

Good software, harsh licensing

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

While we had no problems with the software itself, we eventually went away from Connect because of the way Adobe licenses it. They make it really difficult and overbearing.

Pros

The software is friendly and does what you need it to do. The interface is simple and can be picked up easily

Cons

Our biggest complaint about this product isn't the product itself - it's Adobe. Adobe's licensing scheme is very difficult to work with and not friendly at all.

WizIQ LMS and BigBlueButton

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Connect

We migrated away from Connect because of licensing restrictions.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

My thoughts on Adobe Conect

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

I enjoyed using this program, because of the multitude of things the host could do with the program, the sounds, and visual was exceptionally clear, with no drops from the meeting.

Pros

The fact that the host was able to add polls, games, and other visual effects to the program.

Cons

Nothing, since I was not an administrator, I was just a student in a classroom, but it doesn't drop like zoom does, and it can show multiple tasks at once.

David H.
  • Industry: Semiconductors
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Versatile solution to streamline communication

Reviewed on 30/04/2022

Adobe Connect permite organizar el trabajo colaborativo, proporcionando una comunicación interna altamente efectiva.

Pros

It has advanced chat functions that allow you to create groups, use messages and notifications to send to your contacts. It allows quick simple selection surveys to better identify user preferences. It is easy and very useful to share PDF files on the screen with participants. It is very easy to create interactive content and present it in virtual classrooms.

Cons

It has presented problems to play long videos and when you are a new user it is necessary to document yourself well to take advantage of its full potential.

• Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Adobe Connect - The Best Video Conferencing Software

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Overall, I really like adobe connect and prefer it over Microsoft Teams. I feel it has more features and fewer bugs than Microsoft Teams.

Pros

The best feature about this software was the intuitive layout. Users don't need to spend a lot of time figuring out how to use the software. I also really liked the whiteboard area where leaders can post messages to display key data that won't be lost in a chat string, or covered up by screen sharing.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software is that sometimes the transitions can be jarring when switching to video sharing. The screen seems to stutter.

Gurpreet S.

Use of Adobe Connect

Reviewed on 06/03/2020

I liked using adobe connect, once you figure out all the nuances it is fairly easy to use. The only reason I stopped using it was because my employer would no longer support the use of it.

Pros

At the time when I used this service, it was completely free to use. This was the main reason I used it. Not terribly hard to use but there were some challenges.

Cons

At times it was difficult hearing everyone in the session. Sometimes I would have everyone in the session mute their microphones with the exception of the individual that was presenting.

Nirvair S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

A good remote control software by Adobe

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

Pros

- It helps in remote training and online meetings.
- It also helps in desktop sharing with other users
- Easy and secure software by Adobe

Cons

- You cannot invite non-Adobe users in the software.

A feature that I really liked in Adobe Connect.

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Although my use is not much in this program, but I like the quality and accuracy of the video, and I feel the desire not to end the connection.

Pros

This program allows to include and organize a number of users within your group and in separate rooms from each other, something I liked, and with some programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
Also, creating an invitation to users and controlling them by placing them in separate rooms, accessing permissions, distributing tasks, etc.
Other than all that, it is enough that it has great video quality, unlike other software on the market , and this is one of the features that is close to my heart.

Cons

I think the main obvious drawback is that you can't invite non-Adobe users within the platform.
Sometimes there are sound problems even when everything is fine, not much, but it causes a disturbance when it comes.

Takeisha P.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Still one of the best out there but has room for improvement.

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

Compared to other platforms like Microsoft Teams I still prefer Connect. But I think that if they don't make some improvements that they will be left behind quickly.

Pros

Has some very good features and customization.

Cons

The editing. It is not very good and taking something offline is very cumbersome.

Paul F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

One the best e-tools for online meetings and webinars

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

It is a good software so far which includes all the features/options that help during and online meeting/presentation.

Pros

The software is very professional and can be used by companies as a main tool for virtual and online meetings

Cons

The software price compared to competitors is high

Carlos T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A very sophisticated software and with the best options to make videoconferences.

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Adobe Connect is one of the best options available on the market for high-quality video calls and video conferencing that meet demanding business standards. Using this software in my work I have improved my communication channels with both our patients and staff. In addition, we use this software for the training of personnel through formative videoconferences on preventive health, medical safety, improvement and care for our patients and other aspects. I recommend that you acquire this software and apply it in your work.

Pros

I use this software very regularly in my work, as it is one of the most efficient web videoconferencing platforms I have ever used. With Adobe Connect I can quickly establish communication with our clients and co-workers thanks to their wide conference rooms, which I manage by activating a password which I distribute to the participants of our meetings. Another very positive factor of this software, is the quality in audio and video in their videoconferences, the best. Adobe Connect has one of the best video conferencing systems, ideal for training personnel and to establish contact with customers and co-workers who are in other cities nationally and internationally. This quality offered by this software has perfected our work dynamics, improving the scope of our work and our business competitiveness. The communicative environment offered by this software is one of the best because you have the videoconference room and you have an interactive chat where you can add comments, upload search links, attach documents and much more. In addition to all of the above, Adobe Connect offers you an application that you can use on your Smartphone and use Adobe Connect anywhere you have an Internet connection.

Cons

It's such sophisticated software that you'll need a computer technician to make the necessary configurations to use the software at its maximum capacity. Apart from this difficulty to use it I have no more negative aspects to mention of this software.

Nathan R.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Robust webinar platform

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

This platform saves us a ton of money vs. in-person meetings. It's good enough to provide an experience that can substitute for most in-person meetings. We also do numerous training sessions with this platform, record them, and make them available to our partners.

Pros

We probably don't use 30% of the features during any given meeting, but it's nice to have the flexibility of breakout sessions, whiteboards, video conferencing, etc. Most of our sessions are simple PowerPoints uploaded into the room, utilizing integrated telephony and chat for communication. But the system is robust, offering just about anything you could imagine doing in an online meeting. We record most of our sessions, and Adobe offers good tools for editing the recordings, which can then be shared right from Adobe's platform. The pods available in the room allow for document sharing during the meeting, the playing of audio and video files, polling and surveys, and of course screen sharing. The new HTML client means participants don't have to leave the browser to engage in meetings any more, and there is a mobile client for joining meetings via Android or iOS. The admin interface offers branding so you can ensure all the meetings have your company's logo and colors. All in all, it's a pretty slick package.

Cons

My biggest gripe with Adobe Connect is the necessity of engaging a third party in order to achieve integrated telephony. This should be included. To be clear, VOIP is included. I'm simply talking about the ability of participants to call in to a meeting using a regular phone requires a third party. While it's not enough to make me seek a different webinar platform, it is shocking that Adobe has not addressed this glaring issue. The only issue I have with the platform is playing long videos during meetings never seem to work, and it has forced us to all but exclude video from our presentations.

Bruce F.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A functional and effective tool for business

Reviewed on 08/04/2019

We definitely recommend you to try Adobe Connect for your business. With a help of this service, you can easily share files, presentations and organize meetings. In addition, it helps to stay in touch with your team despite a location.

Pros

The best thing about Adobe Connect is its functionality. The software offers different pools, chats, file shares, and quizzes. In addition, there are multiple designs which are very useful for work. We are convinced that Adobe Connect service will help you to conduct online conferences, meetings, training classes or webinars much more successful. Adobe Connect is a web conferencing service with a help of which you can easily share data and multimedia files. With the assistance of this software, you can get back immediate feedback from hundreds of users. Moreover, with this tool, you can easily lead to webinars and online meetings.

Cons

There is no doubt that Adobe Connect has more advantages than disadvantages, but some issues should be improved. Firstly, it is a little bit hard to figure out everything connected with the interface’s features and options because of an interface itself a bit overloaded. It takes some time to sort out everything and learn all the necessary combinations. Moreover, the service can easily shut down or freeze without any reason.

Adrian T.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 2+ years

A No-Frills Online Meeting Tool

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Overall Adobe Connect was an acceptable tool, but I preferred the look/feel of WebEx and GoToMeeting which seemed a bit more modern. For an individual account, I prefer Zoom but haven't experienced that as an enterprise tool so I don't truly know how it compares. The few times I did need user support as an admin for Connect, I had a heck of a time trying to track down a live human being - it was not easy getting help until we threatened to cancel our subscription. I probably wouldn't be quick to recommend this tool since there are so many alternatives out there these days.

Pros

Connect has a very simple structure of pods that can be turned on or off, depending upon the features you'd like to have available for your meeting. Some examples include chat, drawing, video, screen sharing, polling. The user interface is extremely easy to manage, and I used to train college faculty to use this for offering online classes and lectures - 95% of the time there were absolutely no issues. It is easy to learn, easy to use, and meetings/webinars can be recorded for later viewing.

Cons

From an administrator perspective, the admin console for this tool was very outdated. Each user had a folder, within each folder was a series of links for old meetings and recordings. It was complex enough that we opted to have admins manage meeting room creation for all users because it just wasn't very intuitive. The pod look was already a bit outdated when I stopped using the software a few years back, and there were some limits in terms of how many people could be sharing their webcams at once. Also, we found that if more than 2-3 people had their microphones active, there was a lot of feedback, so we always told people to mute everyone unless they absolutely needed to hear participants.

Ray S.

I use to sell Adobe Connect...Best Reliable Conference Platform on the Market

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

This was the best conferencing tool. Sold it and used it daily.

Pros

You can customize your conference room depending on how and what you want to share. There are pods within your conference room which allows you to have a document sharing pod, a video sharing pod, a chat pod, survey pod, etc. To many to name. You can host one on one as well as one to many(Events). I use to train clients on this tool and the feedback was always positive. The interface dashboard is very is to navigate while in the meeting because you can show only what you what your audience to see. This allows you to pull documents, presentations and videos in the meeting on the fly. You can also record your meetings and send out recording that can be tracked to know if the recipient viewed the recording and or forwarded. There are way to many pros to name. The company I worked for was a conferencing provider and we sold partner products...WebEx, Microsoft, etc and Adobe Connect was always ranked high. One other pro...there is no download to join a meeting, you click the link and you're in. Ever tried to join a meeting and have to wait for something to download on your desktop before you enter - headache.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The Time Saver Source for Document Management with Complete Security.

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

My experience has been amazing with Adobe connect Perhaps I am saying this because of Global Factor, like Workplace without Boundaries these days ,and initially we faced challenges while working on Dual Desktops (1 Client's desktop and 1 Local desktop),because other software's like Nitro,PFG2Go or other Adobe versions were unable to pull documents and merge and upload in client server as per clients needs.Probably it was due to some system or server configurations or complications , not known yet .However after so my trials ,failures ,expertiseviews at last it was Adobe Connect which works as it helps to merge the documents after conversion to PDF from only client Drives ,Moreover it restricts the software to pull documents from anywhere else (local drive ) which maintains the data security intact.

Lastly ,I think it is due to such noble software's like Adobe Connect which have a big contribution towards our Corporate world to keep the Clients server data s protected from insecure usage and it also helps the client to maintain Data Protection Act or HIPAA violations keeping everything intact . Thankyou

Pros

The best option i like about the software is its Ease of Use and Protection of information with security which help Organizations to maintain its Business Integrity and thus, it also works like additional layer of protection from inappropriate usage of business resources .

Cons

Its The size of the software really , little big which something feel me auk ward while installing.

Very useful tool for hosting virtual meetings. Does have a few bugs and limitations!

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

This is a great software for hosting interactive virtual meetings and classes.

Pros

I have used Adobe Connect for hosting MANY meetings where some attendees could not be on campus. It works well for its purpose. It has just enough features to do everything that you need it to, but not so many features that it is overwhelming. I frequently use the recording feature to keep track of meetings and distribute them later to folks who couldn't attend (as well as go back and listen to some parts for note-taking purposes). It's also nice to be able to switch between meeting room formats so that you can share a separate screen, add notes during the webcast, upload files to share with other participants, etc.

Cons

Honestly, I feel that there are some better options available that have the same types of features. Adobe Connect tends to be quite buggy. I've had a lot of problems with people getting dropped or having bad connections. Sometimes audio or video freezes up while we are using it, especially when trying to share screens. Participants also have to be a bit tech-savvy when using the software, if they want a good experience. I found that many of the people tuning in did not have headphones which caused a lot of volume/feedback issues. I often end up having to put "tech support" shoes on while trying to run a meeting, in order to get everyone on the virtual end to be able to hear and see the meeting clearly.

Demarco P.

Adobe Connect - Live Conferencing Tool

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

The tool is excellent for my job as a tutor, which is to relay and clarify information.

Pros

The software allows for files to be uploaded to the server for the group to download. For a business presentation this can be invaluable for distributing notes and plans. The boxes in the presentation are organized into 'pods,' which are used to organize and present certain information. The pods can be customized to your liking. The software is able to record the presentation for future review and use.

Cons

The software requires a strong internet connection in order to work. Some features such as voice connection does not work all the time. A way around this flaw would be to use a voice conference phone number as a back-up or initial plan for recording voice.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Connect

The ease of setting up vital information needed for my work.
Kenatu B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

80-20 Split

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Adobe connect is a stately gentleman that ladies wished would be a little bit more of bad boy for that extra excitement. If you are looking for a higly relaiable, stable profesional, no nonsense web conferencing tool, then we have a winner. Adobe connect has it all except the excitement factor but that is Adobe's trade mark...Give you that 80% and leave you wanting the little 20% extra.

Pros

It has a rich list of feature that make a web conferencing experience for host ans user very interactive. You can turn your past sessions in to archives after making your own edits. This adds value ro repeat sessions and online learning facilitattions.
The in session Q&A and provate chat faciliations are also a big plus.

Cons

The price tag can make a goat gag but when you have clients that are more comfortable with this platform what are you gonna do?
It also requires a high level of technical savvyness but offers everything you need to become that guy. There is no shortage of information to make yo an experton the platform.

Cynthia R.
  • Industry: Information Services

Adobe Connect and I

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Adobe allows our company to work with work-at-home agents using the same materials and software as in a traditional training room or conference.

Pros

I was a bit hesitant about using Adobe Connect. I thought it would be a software that would be complex and non user friendly. I was surprised to discover the opposite is true. Adobe allowed my training class to be engaged with user friendly options to be apart of the classroom. You can raise your hand, ask a question, provide feedback and even express thoughts in the moment. It is equipped with a white board, chat and options for getting the instructors attention without disrupting the class. the interface is easy to use and appealing. It is secure and private and as a company we often have several training classes going at one time as well as conferences via the Adobe Connect.

Cons

I am very impressed with Adobe Connect and don't have many critiques as far as cons go. Visibility of icons are the common criticism. Once you get acclimated to where things are then the icons themselves are not an issue.

Ahmet fatih Y.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Collaboration with the audience must be easier

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

We have been able to meet with our students.
We would expect an improved UI design, easer to use icons and tabs both for the students and the presenters.
It looks primitive when compared to other popular applications. (Zoom, Tandem, Meets)

Pros

Adobe Connect features specific sections for notes, easy surveys, screen shares, and document uploads which are really cool if you manage are planning to lecture with little interaction with the audience. You can present your work, get audience opinions via polls and sketch on the shared files.

Cons

We have been using the program since the outbreak of Covid19 around March and the overall concern of many of the teachers is that they cannot indulge the students into the meeting. The reasons stated (and I also experience) are: students have conncetion problems starting the porgram, they log off when trying to activate mic or camera, once the voice is activated you have to wait some time to hear the student as the system activates and lets him/her heard by the others. Overall, this pai program makes me (and the other personnel) feel that the free version of other programs (Zoom maybe) works better for video conferencing and collaborative teaching.

• Industry: Shipbuilding

Best software for video conferences or video calls with many power full features.

Reviewed on 23/06/2019

As an Electrical Engineer, I participate in many conferences regarding projects and company meetings. In our shipbuilding and repairing company most of the project from foreign customers. Then most of the customers have to visit our company. But most of the time we use adobe connect to our conference then the distance is not matters and conference is the same as a normal conference. Adobe connect also includes visualization tools such as polls, chat, whiteboards, and a console for mixing video streams. Also maintaining high levels of quality in video and audio helps to conduct the effective conference and take good desisions.

Pros

This software included with many features and using these features users can do many things in online meeting like a normal meeting. Also, a video conference can record and there are many tools to edit the videos. Document sharing is available video, audio, pdf, presentation can easily share with other users. This also supports mobile platforms. With email integration, users can be sent an invitation to events and set reminders.

Cons

New users need some kind of training before work with adobe connect.

Trina H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Overcome the barriers of space thanks to this software.

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Adobe Connect is one of the software I use most regularly when I hold high-level meetings, involving managers of other publishers, cultors, artists, musicians, and other members of the various publishing projects we intend to undertake.

Pros

Currently in our publishing house we have made many links with authors and musicians outside our latitudes, with whom we have developed joint work to align strategies for the construction of new books, where music and literary elements go from the hands of the experiences, anecdotes and stories of these authors.

Adobe Connect has been a fascinating tool, which has allowed us, among many things, to overcome this barrier of distance, thanks to a comfortable and highly interactive online conference room, where we interact and steal information according to our interests as a publisher. Another innovative element of this efficient software, is the possibility of establishing lines of work for each room in order to treat each topic with special depth, without combining themes or dispersing information. Another positive argument of this software is its warm and functional interface that segments the roles of each of the people who participate in videoconferences, making much easier the work of editorial research.

Cons

One of the impediments that seem when I use this software is that for some artists and developers it is not very easy to use, having to do small introductory courses to use it as I wish. This happens because there are certain aspects of computing and software management that are not so digestible. However, it is not such a big obstacle that it detracts from this incredible software.

Lina maria V.

A software that allows us not to leave pending assignments for later

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Pros

Due to my duties within the corporation where I live, we have to make trips to the interior of the country and abroad in order to attend petroleum meetings, chemistry or simply go to recondite places where it is presumed there will be future oil exploitation.

In this absence to our natural workspace, Adobe Connect plays a fundamental role, since, among its many benefits, one of the most important and for which we use the software the most, is that we can make meeting rooms online, from a Android device, tablet or IOS, with our immediate supervisors, managers and managers, making daily reports of the progress we are making in the external areas where we are working.

This incalculable goodness saves us incalculable resources of time and money, since only from our cell phone or tablet, we can be making timely advances in the site in an effective way and with the greater security that only Adobe Connect can offer.

Cons

When I have had to set up an online room to set up meetings, complications have arisen based on some complex tools that the software has. While it is not a problem in itself of the functionality of the software, it is a point that should be taken into account so that the next updates are easier to use and so everyone can use the software in a simple way.

Narciso E.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Training Facilitation Made Perfect with Adobe Connect

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

The pandemic increased the need for educators to come up with strategies to facilitate training in a manner that provides 'in person-like' atmosphere. Adobe Connect supports this.

Pros

The pods. They can easily be added and there's plenty to choose from.

Cons

It seems to keep having compatibility issues with Intrado.