Qualifacts Insync Reviews

Qualifacts Insync

Cloud-based EHR and practice management software.

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.2/5
4.6/5

371 Reviews for UK Users

Kimberly

Very Impressive System

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

So far, we are only not even a month into the system and have been able to not buy 10 cases of paper a week. Yep, were were paper charts, Doctor never did EMR. She loves it. Billing is getting a handle on the mountains of EOB's and the Meaningful Use reporting required by ACO's and Medicare, have eased several persons jobs where they have been able to take a vacation.

Pros

Wow! When a chosen group of 4 personnel decided to switch systems, I was in the forefront of finding exactly the right system for our practice. We had outgrown our old system. I chose 5 companies, InSync was the 4th to be viewed. The sounds coming from the office after viewing the system, told it all. We found OUR system. Since all systems with them are not alike, that made it all that more special. Everything was thought of in designing this program from the colors being all happy and when our logo was already on the system, all I could say was "SOLD". Integration was very good, I had transferred systems 4 times before and I was nervous because this was the largest I every had to oversee. They made it seamless. I was the only one to learn the system, per the owner of the company, so as to not have way too many minds explaining what they all needed. I had a good idea of how this company runs and was to design it accordingly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my Implementation and Training Specialist, was unbelieveable. She had so much patience and never minded going over and over things until I understood. When I felt we were ready, we presented it to Doctor. There were tears in her eyes as she was so happy with HER system. Built completely with her in mind and the other 85 other staff members. This systems has and will continue to allow us to take this company to new heights. We added a new office already. Thank you, INSYNC!

Cons

I least like that it is fun. You actually want to keep working, or playing, as we call it. Hard to shut it off. One showing of the system by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and you are sold. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will call you just to chat.... All fun people. The in house people were amazing. I just realized, there is no CONS....

wendy

Integrative Health Consultants

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

I was happy for the most part that we were still able to manage in the middle of a pandemic and execute everything as best as we could. That being said, I was very disappointed with the fact that we were not able to have a smooth transition with the medical record data migration. The entire implementation team knew we were coming from "Therapy Notes" product. Yet you had no "work around" for a smoother migration. Once the patient data was moved, it seemed as though we were left to figure out a process. But in all honesty, if I had to build a spreadsheet and download data, and upload file to spreadsheet, why bother? I may as well just upload it directly into the new system myself. To send it to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Insync would have basically added to the process.

I find it hard to believe that we are your only clients that have had such an issue. We aren't the only ones that have worked with Therapy notes prior to InSync. So the fact that your team doesn't have additional support or a better way to go about the process other than building a spreadsheet, surprises me.

Although I am considered a super user, I am still not very confident in what I am doing. I am however willing to follow prompts and troubleshoot as necessary.

Pros

I loved that most everything is customizable per the user. Anything that we needed as an organization could also be accommodated or was something we were told we could see in the future.

Cons

From my perspective (not very tech savvy) I was confident I could learn how to use the system pretty easily. However, It's quite a maze trying to learn where to go to get started when you need to configure something diferently. It's like we need to assume what we are supposed to search for in the search bar.

It seems some things save or revert to a default status or populated for me. When we upload documents to the doc manager, the clinician is auto populated from the prior time it was used. It has also done this in other places within the system. It should clear once we save the doc. etc.

Madeline

Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 14/11/2021

Overall, I would say the experience is net positive. I would note that the eligibility/benefits checks are only accurate about 50% of the time which is a hassle, but I don't know how it compares to other softwares that offer this feature. Partly chose it because we wanted to make a custom history section that could be sent to the patient before the intake and have them fill it out and autopopulate the note in an editable way; this has been effective.

I do think the reviews on Capterra are a little too positive for what the software is actually like. I have to wonder if some are fake but I could be wrong. It's just a little less reliable because it's a smaller company than say OfficeAlly.

In retrospect I would have looked more seriously into Athena. I notice a lot of the bigger psych practices use this. I didn't because I thought they didn't really specialize in psych. But the grass is always greener on the other side so it's hard to say.

It will be really hard for us to ever switch (or expensive) because the license needs to be paid for all up front.

The other really important negative is that deployment is NOT smooth. We were fortunate in that we were chugging along with other software and in no rush to deploy InSync. I worked on setting it up and tested it on just myself/my patients until we were sure that it was all working smoothly, then we added the other providers. This took months. Deploying too early could be disastrous.

Pros

+ Financial reports extensive (I can't emphasize enough how helpful this is)
+ Easy to communicate between clinicians
+ HIPAA Zoom integration
+ Practice Management generally seems to work well/fewer glitches on that side compared to the EMR, just a few flaws like how the balance shows up in the patient portal can be confusing for patients
+ Works well for group practice workflow
+ Has all the necessary add ons in one system (and more!) - this is great!
+ Customer service very responsive about 2/3rds of the time, available by phone and email
+ After the first 6 months or so, almost all the glitches are ironed out
+ It is very customizable in every way (forms, note templates, appt reminders, calendar format, html name, really everything about it)
+ PDMP integration is awesome

Cons

- No Google Cal integration (DrChrono offered this)
- Patient Portal can be glitchy
- Deployment does not go smoothly at all
- Appointment reminders are per-text/per-email and thus very expensive compared to other programs
- All the add-ons end up cost a lot per month (claim submission, HIPAA Zoom, etc, even though we own the license we still pay quite a bit per month per provider/higher than what they estimate)
- Would not be financially practical for a psychotherapist account but would need to purchase one if we hired one/there is not a cheaper option for therapists vs. psychiatry
- Overall had to deal with a ton of glitches for the first 6 months or so before the system ironed out
- For transgender clients who use a non-legal name, there is not a good way to use their preferred name as the primary name in the patient portal
- Some aspects of reporting are time consuming (e.g. if you make a specific patient category you need to add each patient individually, can't add based on "all patients in XYZ state or all patients with XYZ insurance")
- No way of verifying identity with the identity question quiz thing/need to have clients upload a photo of their ID which seems low tech in today's day and age
- Generally the interface looks kind of old
- Server is noticeably slower than other websites
- Although the purchasing license up front seems like a good thing, in retrospect I don't think it is because you end up paying a lot per month for all the add-on features

Tebra, DrChrono, athenaOne and EHR 24/7

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

We are two individual NPs who formed a group practice with 5 providers and needed a software with more extensive practice management and more features geared toward group practice.

Luminello and SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

Reviews on Capterra, did a lot of demos
Davey
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Customizable software for practices that operate differently from the rest!

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

Our overall experience with InSync was great! There were much fewer "disconnects" between what the sales team promised and what was actually delivered than we expected. Their company is highly organized and the process from sales to use was very transparent. In the areas where the software fell short, their team was able to provide a workaround for our practice in the short-term while their development team was notified to make long-term adjustments. The implementation process happened in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak. Which for us meant moving our on-site implementation to virtual. With that being said, InSync was still able to provide a good implementation for our practice all through Zoom calls - which further speaks to how well trained and adaptable their staff is.

Pros

- EHR module for mental/behavioral health services is very comprehensive and comes with the ability to automatically integrate patient responses on forms and normed tools right into your notes.
- All of the reports are very comprehensive and export to excel with filters already built-in. You can get information as granularly as you need.
- Generally, most aspects of the software are highly customizable.
- Support and Implementation teams are highly accessible and responsive.
- The development team seems to make rapid improvements and feature requests.

Cons

- In addition to behavioral health, our practice also offers Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy services. Many of our patients are receiving services from multiple disciplines. Where this software excels on the behavioral health part of the EHR, it falls short for our other services. It does not have built-in templates/graphs for evaluations of the Allied Health disciplines and InSync does not have clinical professionals on their staff that really understand the clinical work-flow for those services which can make setup and implementation a challenge. We've also found that clinical goals can get shared across providers of different disciplines which can cause the note-taking process to be more cumbersome than necessary.
- As this software is customizable you must "purchase" licenses for use. If you are a practice that has a fluctuating number of physicians, the process to get licenses for providers is over-kill.
- With a high-level of customization comes many menus and places where changes can be made or things can be found (or lost). For many people, getting around the software is not as intuitive as others we've seen.

WebPT, Tebra and AdvancedMD EHR

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

NueMD was acquired by AdvancedMD and was no longer being supported. While AdvancedMD offered to move us to their software, we found that it was not a good fit for our organization.

NueMD

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

InSync provided better or similar solutions for our group than all other products for the same or not much more cost. Cheaper software solutions did not provide us with the tools needed for our practice to be successful.
Nick

InSync EMR Review

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Our overall experience with this Insync so far has been really good. We really appreciate the support that has been given to us. I have a few overall concerns though:

-Things felt rushed. I felt like even though we had deadlines, we needed more time with implementation. the rep did not contribute to this. Just in general though, I felt rushed to decide on the contract originally, I felt rushed on picking a "go live date", and I felt rushed getting all the information prepared for the go live date (even when it was looking like we might not make it, the option of pushing it back a little was not on the table).

-The support team does the best the can to help us solve our problems and we love that. There is a language barrier though that makes understanding the material challenging. Including the Insync University tutorial videos.

Pros

The part of Insync that we like so far the most, is the patient portal and how simple the system is for patients to use. We also really like that we do not have to bill secondary claims out on paper by using Insync. This is way more efficient than what we were doing in the past. We also really like the central scheduler. It is way more friendly. The global schedule is simple, sleek, and clear.

Cons

This is a hard question for me to answer at this time because we have only been live for 3 months. So far what we like least is the billing section of the practice management portion. We haven't used the automated claim generator yet, and honestly we are nervous about it just because the migration from the old system to this was so messy that we are afraid if we do not go through everything by hand for a while, we will miss critical details that will effect claims going out "automatically."

Another thing that we really like, but also dislike is how deep this software goes. There is almost too much that can be done in Insync. It is such a big system that we feel that it is going to take us at least a year to really have a good grasp on what Insync is capable of.

Lastly, we really aren't a big fan of the way that the assessment is set up currently. We are moving things around and adjusting to see if we can disable parts we don't use, or add parts that speed up our process, but right now it is no simpler than the last EHR we used.

Kyle

Great software, needs some minor improvements

Reviewed on 05/03/2022

The software just works. There are very few glitches and overall it is clearly engineered to be fast to use. The EHR part for providers and nurses/assistants is fantastic and much quicker than anything I've used outpatient before.

Pros

PM/billing integration is nearly seamless. Superbill items carry over to claims very easily. This will reduce the workload of our biller once we have fine tuned the system to our needs.

Cons

The front desk/check in process could use some refinement to make the process faster, and suggestions to do so have been submitted as "enhancement requests." It appears that they do add the enhancements over time.

NextGen Office and athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

Amazing charts PM integration was pretty terrible even in their advertising. We did not use it. However, the EHR side is wrought with bugs and constant stoppages during all workflows made the system unstable and nearly unusable. We had to change at almost any cost after their last update.

Amazing Charts

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

Prior experience proved a poor go live with athena, plus it always felt slow and boggy. It forced the provider to do almost everything, which is inefficient. Prior experience with nextgen suggested a slow/boggy EHR experience. No knowledge of the PM side.
Jessica

A business that prioritizes integrity.

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

I had the opportunity to speak with a very personable sales representative who's motive was to inform not to say anything and everything necessary to close the sale. The software itself has all of the functionality needed, and ultimately is the platform that I have been desperately searching for!

After I decided to move forward with this product, I then was setup with an implementation specialist who held my hand every step of the way through the setup phase. If something needed to be updated or changed, I would receive an e-mail saying the task was completed before I even had the chance to request assistance.

Finding a business that prioritizes integrity while striving to provide the best product is unfortunately very rare. Every step of the way, when I expected to hear "I'm sorry, we can't do that." (even if it would be understandable to hear), I received a "No problem, I'll get that going for you". As a small business owner my to-do list is a never ending whirlwind, and the problem solving and support I received through this process is hands down the best I have ever experienced.

Pros

Overall functionality options, workflows personable and customizable by position not just at a company level, logical admin settings and oversight options, focus on specific operational procedures.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet, but I will circle back around to this when I do.

Karl
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

INSYNC Implementation for Behavioral Health Practice.

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

The people at INSYNC make a huge difference. The support has been great, they are based in the USA and always responsive. Our Implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been amazing and has continued to provide top notch support when needed. He did a great job getting the foundations of our system set so transitioning was smooth. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were helpful getting the billing side of things set up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job during launch week. We are now implementing their RCM services to further enhance our financials.

Pros

We outgrew our prior EHR that was missing Prescriber Tools, more powerful scheduling tools and lacked powerful reporting. INSYNC has all of these items and it was exactly what we were looking for to keep our growing practice running smoothly.

Cons

The software can be very complex when setting up configurations or having to make changes. One change can impact several others. However, this is necessary to have the level of customization and tools it offers. The other aspect that was not as good as our last EHR was the aesthetics of the software. It looks dated compared to newer systems but that is not too important.

Immanuel

Well Designed EMR Solution

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Great experience overall (except for sales process) After the sales process all of people we worked with were professional and helpful. Jenn really helped us to mold the software to our specific needs and workflows, really a great experience.

Pros

InSync is a well thought out and designed EMR product. The interface is intuitive and designed to streamline workflows. The things used daily are easily customized per user to make each persons workflow even easier. The implementation and support teams are excellent, really able to help you and guide you through the product with any questions you may have.

Cons

Software is sometimes slow to respond. The sales process could have been better, more clear on our expenses.

eClinicalWorks, NextGen Office, Tebra, Intergy and athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

We needed a much more robust EHR with an ease of consistent charting across all clinicians, reporting capabilities, the ability to easily track patient progress, and the ability to have more secure roles and permissions. InSync has provided us with a great solution.

Practice Fusion

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

InSync offered the most comprehensive solution for our behavioral health practice.
Lisa
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Increase anxiety while attempting to "make this system" applicable to a speech therapy...

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

NOT GREAT but appears to getting better AFTER our GO LIVE date.

Our current implementation...

NOT GREAT but appears to getting better AFTER our GO LIVE date.

Pros

Potential future functionality and ability to make some forms customizable after enhancements.

Cons

Misleading advertisement of this system and the ability to configure for our specific needs.

Tebra and Raintree Systems

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

ClinicSource was outdated with limited personalization to our practice.

ClinicSource

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

We were sold on a product that could be customized to our practice. While this is true, for a very small amount of our dynamic forms which we built ourselves this was not true for parts of the system which were preconfigured. Very convincing sales person and initial implementation specialists (which are no longer with the company). Our current implementation specialist is fantastic and knowledgeable. He has gone above and beyond to help us out of a very detrimental situation for our practice.
Elizabeth

Worst EHR I have ever used

Reviewed on 14/06/2020

Worst, most time consuming and ineffective EHR I have worked with. And I have worked with many including in hospitals, private organizations and for the government. I would gladly go bad to any previous EHR just to avoid working any longer with InSync. This does NOT function well for the providers at our clinic using it. It has been a frequent and regular source of complaint

Pros

In theory the idea that it is customizable was appealing. I can't call that a pro because it does not function effectively. I can honestly say that after working with it for more than a year there isn't a single thing I like about this EHR. I hate it. I don't have an option to change as I am part of a group practice that purchased it but all providers there reflect regularly on how displeased we are with InSync

Cons

Constant bugs and problems. It does not appear that it is even checked for basic bugs after changes or updates. There are too many problems to list but something as simple as scheduling is so convoluted and problematic. It seems clear that the coders making the changes have no idea what it is like to use an EHR as a mental health professional, what is needed etc. A year later we are still having problems regularly. It is so incredibly time consuming just communicating with support staff about problems with InSynch - I never try to customize or improve anything because I can't rely on it to work and I can't even take time to think about what would be idea because so much time is spent asking about basic functions that aren't working or surprise problems

Jacqueline

RCM Services

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Pros

This software has definitely improved our workflow processes and has exceeded our expectations regarding the easiness and accuracy of implementation from our previous reports. The product itself is user-friendly but what is most valuable to us is the constant overview and assistance provided by our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We are extremely satisfied with her and her team’s support.

Cons

There are constant changes being made to the software program, which can create a learning curve at times, but we understand and are confident these ongoing changes are only implemented to better the products and we all benefit from these changes.

thera-LINK and ClinicSource

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

We chose InSync not only because of its competitive price and licensing benefits but also because of all the products it offers on both ends with RCM and EHR.
June

InSync Healthcare Solutions Review

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an awesome person to work with throughout the process. He was always willing to answer the many questions that I had while developing this software for our company. He provided input in order to simplify many of the notes which were being developed. I can not say enough positive things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I feel that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was always available to answer my questions even if we just had a meeting. He was always willing to have other meetings with just myself if needed to ensure that I was understanding everything which was going on through the implementation process.

Pros

1. The ability to run individual reports on every staff member,
2. The way it alerts the supervisors which notes they are personally responsible to sign off on.
3, The way the software is developed allows the agency to remain in complaint on all standards.

Cons

1. The inability to personalize each tab given the individual notes.
2. The number of tabs it takes to complete each note.
3. The insurance verification doesn't always match what is listed in MITS.
4. The length of time it takes for the members who have been now assigned to us to get back with me regarding questions.

Shannon

Great Implementation, transition and training!

Reviewed on 06/03/2023

Changing systems has been a very stressful process as expected, but [sensitive content hidden] made it less overwhelming by being very accommodating and training very thoroughly, answering every little question that the staff came up with, and customizing notes as the providers asked for.

Pros

The document manager is very simple to use, scheduling is a breeze, the providers love the ability to dictate their notes, notes are very customizable ( with the help of [sensitive content hidden], the implementation specialist for sure!) and the patient portal has been very helpful!

Cons

The main problem we have run in to is getting the electronic faxing set up.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

ICANotes was very unreliable and antiquated. InSync is more updated, user friendly and a better value overall.

ICANotes

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

Price, options offered and reviews
Michelle

Great company!

Reviewed on 26/08/2022

Great company to work with, they responded to our needs and concerns quickly! And our Implementation Specialist was the best! Without him, it would not have gone as smoothly as it did.. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Pros

The software is a well thought out platform that includes A LOT of features that make medical practice management, patient record management and billing much more efficient!!

Cons

The implementation process takes time, organization and dedication, but the end product is worth it!

Tebra

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

Our old software was not keeping up with needs for Electronically submitting claims, causing us to have to manually enter/correct claims on insurance company sites. They are falling behind in improvements to their platform.

ClinicSource

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

InSync is way more customizable than Kareo!
Ariel
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

New to Insync

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

Implementation Specialists are very helpful, on-site trainer was superb, he was very knowledgeable about the system and able to fix issues, input information and customize how we use the service on the spot in most cases

Pros

The ability to customize our workflow and complete a lot of reporting that we use to do manually, and allow our patient communication to have an electronic component.

Cons

We are unable to utilize the eligibility features, some needed workflow processes are not yet available in the system

TherapyNotes, LLC and Sharenote

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

Insync allowed us to house both our PRP program and OMHC program in one system that could accommodate the workflow for both programs.

PIMSY Mental Health EHR and ICANotes

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

Insync was the only product that allowed us to fully customize the work flow to allow both programs to work with each other
Brenda

inSync won us over

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

I still believe that we made the right choice in switching to this product. There have been some wonky adjustments and features that I miss with our old system but overall, this is 1000% better:)

Pros

I love that there is so much care and attention put into implementation and training!

Cons

-I wish this system came with the ability to live-chat (instant message) with the rest of the staff.
-I also miss not being able to email unlimited statements for free to clients.
-I have not found a quick/simple way to resend a telehealth link (by receptionist) to a client if they can't find their previously sent link.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

We needed more/better features.

SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

Cost and ability to have a separate contract for our billing add-on (RCM)
Dalene

Great

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Great Implement program. The training is great. The trainers are very patient and great to work with. Overall, the time that is being saved from working with InSync is great, and makes up for the cost of the program.

Pros

It is web based so we can use it any office and at home. Everything we need for the practice is all in one place.

Cons

The wording that is used in the software was a little hard to get used to at first. Takes some time to understand and use all that it offers.

TherapyNotes, LLC, SimplePractice and TheraNest

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

Needed better web base, with better customer support. Insync offered more services for what we needed.

TheraNest

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

Just a better software over all for the cost. Theranest charged us way to much even before going live with them.
Jennifer

Mixed Batch

Reviewed on 16/05/2021

Overall it has often felt like smoke and mirrors on many occasions. We greatly appreciate the support of our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and really loved [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]; however, the sales team really sold us on all the support that we will obtain and then after changing Account Managers after starting and having to ask really pointed questions we only over the last two months are crystal clear on what InSync/RCM will and won't do and we specifically told the sales team that we did not have any billing team or any front office staff to support us and we were told not a problem "we do it all from nuts to bolts." As a result of this misled information we are now paying for additional support staff that we previously did not have because it is clear that InSync/RCM does not "do it all."
The amount of changes mid-stream that we have had (i.e., our software wasn't set up for onboarding, the person who trained us left the day of our training, you switched our Account Manager after 2 months of onboarding us, we lost our auth specialist, we were never fully trained on all the reporting available, and we weren't fully trained on the Issues log) happen has been very disconcerting. It makes us wonder if the business model at InSync/RCM is truly focused on supporting the businesses they are set to support or they are focused on only their business model. This all has left us wondering if we made the right choice.

Pros

The basic use of the product in providing and generating progress notes and an assessment are easy to use; however, the actual nuts and bolts of what can be done and all the workflow specifics of what support can provide the user was not a known reality to our group.
We really like that for those bills that are straight forward and clean that we are seeing a return pretty quickly. We love the fact that the software can be versatile and provide us data points as long as you know how to select all the specific fields to generate the report.

Cons

We find obtaining data reports quite difficult because there are so many specific items that must be set up in the individual reports it is hard to use in that way. Given that our set up was botched and then our training was limited thereafter it led to us finding 8 months later that we were not closing loops on our claims which has led to a great deal of financial loss. I think the biggest concern is that the sales team really misspoke when they said that we were all fine and that the billing team will do it all for us. That resonates in my mind almost weekly as we continue to slough through billing issues that were made in the beginning. Equally, that the person who was to do our set up and have us ready did not have our system set up which greatly delayed our onboarding and vastly changed our system and created a lack of trust from the onset. Outside of that the fact that our Account Managers changed before we were fully onboarded caused us to struggle with the Issues Log down the road as well. Presently our additional issue is that we have not been able to easily identify where our total issues log items reside to follow up with a "click of a button" like the sales team said would happen. Another concern is that in trying to set up a customizable report by meeting with our support team three times has led to more concern that those that write the custom reports do not understand what the user wants regardless of how we explain it.

Alexis

Better than what we had

Reviewed on 16/09/2022

I find that the entire build out and implementation process is backward. During discovery we explained that we did not want to build out exactly what we had in our other EHR, but we first wanted to see what the system was capable of and we wanted to build out our program based on that. We first wanted to know about the reports and build out forms based on reporting. But we were told it didn't work that way and that we needed to send in our forms to be built out. By go-live we still didn't have a good understanding of reporting and we could have developed things differently/better, had we know what the reports could and couldn't do.
I don't think that the programmers communicated well with implementation. The people who built out a lot of the forms did a sloppy job and Jenn and our team had to go back in a fix most of them. Inconsistencies in forms/spelling errors/poor formatting.
The experience with Sia and building out the OBH module has been disappointing and frustrating. This module was built out specifically for our OBH reporting needs. That team should have met with us for our wish list for this module. The placement of it doesn't work in our workflow (adds additional steps) and it really should be all on the back end. In our lasts system we didn't need to do anything within each note, the data was pulled from the compiled note. This is an added burden to our staff.
The onsite trainers were excellent and had wonderful suggestions for improvement. Bring them in sooner!

Pros

customizable, ability to run reports, the modules such as Post Hospitalization and Federal Probation and Parole
Like the treatment plan aspect of it
Jenn was a pleasure to work with and worked hard to work with us through our many changes. She stayed positive when things were very difficult.

Cons

Many of the modules/functions work independently but don't integrate well within the system. There are many times that we got to a point in the development and then had to change direction because one section couldn't do something. We had to make a lot of work-arounds.
Some items that we needed to be customized were not able to be, but what was in the system didn't meet our needs (for example the ASAM).
There were times that Jenn told us that the system was not capable of doing something and then we found out later that it could ( I recognize that this could be because updates happened). This caused us to have to change direction multiple times.
Treatment plan needs to be able to be sent to multiple providers for co-signature.
Don't like that at a glance you can't see documents prior. Each PDF has to opened up. So if I'm going in after another clinician and I need to quickly look at the chart and see what is happening, I can't. It would be nice if you could hoover over the PDF and then see it.
Communication between the departments

Kristin

Great EMR

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

We made the decision to switch to inSync less than 8 months after going live with another new PM/EMR system because our experience with that other software was so horrible. Two major EMR transitions within the course of a year was a big undertaking but the entire process, from the first demo call to our final implementation call has been basically painless. The satisfaction of our clinicians and clients has improved significantly and while we are still learning things within the software, we are extremely satisfied with the switch. Our implementation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], was by-in-large the most critical component in our satisfaction as she was incredibly responsive, helpful, knowledgable, and capable of assisting us in problem solving.

Pros

Integration of telemedicine and assessment administration have been great additions to our practice and clinician workflow. The software is intuitive enough that most of our clinicians have picked it up with relative ease and appreciate the convenience of it not being overly cumbersome compared to our previous EMR.

Cons

There are some limitations with third-party integration (specifically appointment reminders, billing, and faxing) that we would like to see enhanced.

Drae

New Horizon Care Center's inSync Experience

Reviewed on 07/03/2023

Our implementation specialist, [sensitive content hidden] - made the whole process manageable and continues to work hard at resolving any concerns as they arise! He was instrumental in our success and couldn't have been a better reflection of inSync as a whole. He made sure that every person involved was heard and their requests were always fulfilled in a timely manner. He projected his confidence in the system to our end-users - his enthusiasm and positive attitude were contagious!

Pros

Their BHSD Module was already integrated with minimal development needed.Overall ease of use and intuitive interface.Available customer support call center.Microsoft ReportingClearinghouse connectivity.

Cons

Make sure that the Integration team is transparent about "Go-Live" does not mean you need to start doing services immediately, that "Transitioning" seemed to be the point of being 100% integrated. Please also inform the users that there will be a lot of work associated post-Data Migration (would have liked a week in between Data Migration and Training to complete set ups correctly so that trainers weren't having to manage that in the moment).Wish that the Claims Processing screen showed more claims at one time when you are searching!Would like if the PT portion of integration started sooner in the overall integration - depending on the Billing Rules certain Encounters were affected and it would have helped to manage that simultaneously.

Suzanne

A good decision

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

From sales to support everyone has been responsive, helpful, and knowledgable. Our implementation specialist was terrific and he really assisted with the design of our dynamic forms and encounter notes. He helped us understand the system requirements, data formats, and links. The implementation was well planned and the data migration was efficient and accurate. The clearinghouse setup and implementation were monitored and well handled. We had NO downtime in processing claims and our cash flow did not suffer through the transifition.

Pros

ERA posting and rebilling of rejected claims is a top feature for our billing staff. The flexibility and customization of the encounter note is the top feature for our providers. Group appointments and recurring appointment capability is also a plus.

Cons

Nothing is too difficult to use but some features take time to get used to the steps involved. The number of icons and tabs can be overwhelming at first but once you are used to maneuvering through the system it is not an issue.

Tebra and AdvancedMD EHR

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts Insync

Office Ally was not keeping pace with technology. The EHR program was not meeting the needs of our providers and the system did not enhance the efficiency of our support staff

Reasons for Switching to Qualifacts Insync

Cost, flexibility and features.
Ashley

InSync Implementation - PPEC facilities

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

The use of InSync in our facilities has significantly improved our productivity in patient charting and had a major positive impact on our claim's submission/reconciliation process. I can't say enough positive things about the implementation process and the people involved. The systematic process was so efficient, and the team was incredible. The use of InSync in our facilities has significantly improved our productivity in patient charting and had a major positive impact on our claim's submission/reconciliation process. I can't say enough positive things about the implementation process and the people involved. The systematic process was so efficient, and the team was incredible. The on-site trainers for our first two facilities and were so professional and accommodating - even with the state regulatory board showing up for our surprise annual survey the first day of each training! They managed to pivot, rearrange sessions, and get everyone trained. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (AND trainer for our last two facilities), is our InSync hero. He has been with us every step of the way and there was not a question/issue we could throw at him that he couldn't handle.

Pros

InSync's implementation process is very structured and hands-on. The ease and ability to build our existing forms and processes into the InSync software was extremely helpful. Charting, claims processing, and patient communication is much more efficient.

Cons

We would love to see some options geared more towards PPEC facilities specifically. For instance, it would be beneficial to have eMar time schedules formatted for PPEC facility hours. The encounter process used to create claims for attendance each day is a little cumbersome. It would be more efficient to be able to create claims based on groups of patients rather than one at a time.

Sandy

InSync EHR/PM

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Our overall experience has been positive and InSync certainly delivers on the customer service. The issues we have encountered have been or will be addressed. Our implementation team was outstanding, along with the on-site trainers and support team. We believe that moving to this product will improve our service delivery and we will be more connected as a team while providing better patient experiences.

Pros

The dashboard and the multitude of integrated features were the selling points for our agency. As we implemented the software, we came to understand how each of the features worked in making a complete medical record for the patient. It's easy to find all the basic information that a provider needs in one place. Navigation is simple and the software is packed with numerous ways to find information. The Practice Management module is also powerful with its rule engine, and with the new business rules, it will make billing even more efficient.

Cons

Our agency has run into numerous issues after implementing the software. Some are just nuisances, others have caused larger problems such as the inability to bill notes. We have not been impressed with the eMAR module as it seems to have too many problems/"bugs". We also find the bed board to be lacking in functionality. For PM, it seems to be taking longer than expected to work out details to get billing moving.