RetailEdge Reviews

RetailEdge

Write a Review!
Point of sale & inventory management solution for retailers

4.8/5
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

175 Reviews for UK Users

Woody
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Excellent POS software with great inventory control and customer tracking

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Inventory control and customer tracking, custom reports and more!

Inventory control and customer tracking, custom reports and more!

Pros

The inventory control is wonderful! Can track when your shipments were received, cost averaging, qty on hand and more. The inventory control is second to none in my opinion! Customer tracking is great too! Can see when your customer bought items and how much they paid for it. All customizable too, so it really helps to see which products are moving in the different areas of interest or regions where they live. Customer loyalty program is an excellent addition for our customer base and they love it too! AND reports are customizable so you can see just about anything that is going on with your business right in the system.
Before moving to Retail Edge (moved from REGIT after it was discontinued, which we used for almost 10 years), we researched several systems and each had problems or lacked features that we needed. We found Retail Edge and were amazed at all the features listed, and the ability to create custom reports and integrate with certain on-line store platforms. Retail Edge covers everything we needed for our business and gave us plenty of room to grow and expand on the features.
Lastly, but most importantly, the client support is absolute excellent. Really never had any issues, but had numerous questions (and sometimes still do) and those tech guys answer our (sometimes stupid) questions quickly, honestly and most of all they are just very nice guys too! You can't go wrong with using Retail Edge!

Cons

Well, not much to put here. I would like to see a report that is ran off the tax settings to make it a little easier for me to see what GOVT or RESALE/WHOLESALE customers have made purchases for my monthly sales tax reports. But we created our own custom report in the system and used one of the custom fields in the customer database to mark those customers, so we actually have this report. Just had to do a little custom settings in the reports.

Cindy

Local POS service that rocks!!!!!!

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Being able to keep our data on site is reassuring for us. Making daily backups and taking the information off site in case of fire has increased our security level.

Pros

The sales process is easy to do. The screens are simply set out so that you can find what you need when the sale is occurring. The inventory entry process is easy to follow but gets so much easier with increased use of the program. There are options to customize things so that you are "fitting" your business to a software program. Customer service was awesome and helped us quickly troubleshoot some hardware issues that made daily operations cumbersome.

Cons

The prompt for the description field after you fill in the stock number is a little annoying. We just manage it by completing the description field first and then scanning the UPC in the stock number field. I wish the inventory stock number field would auto assign the next number.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for the kind review!! I will submit your suggestion about auto-assigning stock numbers into development.

Jayne

Some wonderful features but when we had inconsistencies and inaccuracies, the team could not...

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

The reports are very useful. It is helpful with understanding stock, managing stock and the customer base.

Cons

inaccuracies and errors in reports that can't be resolved with support help. We found customers with balances that were not accurate and the support team could not resolve the problem.

Melissa
  • Industry: Cosmetics

RetailEdge is Essential!

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

RetailEdge has been pretty flawless for me, and the rare occasions I've needed assistance, I was taken care of promptly by their team. Everyone has been very professional, and I've never felt "rushed" off the phone when needed support. They take their time, explain things thoroughly, and are kind in the process.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate, and customize different reports. It's great to be able to really "drill down" into the inventory and get all sorts of useful data on products. This has been a HUGE help in determining which items to stock more of, and which ones to let go. It really streamlines my inventory! I also love to customize the setup for multiple users, so not every employee has access to all the features. There's nothing it can't do so far!

Cons

I'm having trouble thinking of anything I really don't like... The one thing I wish it did, is have the ability to attach a "time-sensitive" note for individual customers. Similar to the "note" that pops up when selecting a customer account, I wish there was a feature that could let me know when their professional license expires (or is getting close to expiring), so I would be automatically prompted to ask for their updated copy.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! With regards to a time-sensitive pop up, we have had customers ask for this type of feature in the past and there are scripts that can be run that will allow you to do this. To make sure we address your concerns fully, we will be reaching out to you via email shortly. Thanks again!

Shana

Smokey Shay’s review

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

I have had nothing but positive interactions with the customer service department of retail edge everything has been incredibly smooth and very easy to use

Pros

The register system is user-friendly and easy to teach new employees to use, if and when we ever have a problem retail edge customer service is very easy to use and they solve all problems in about 30 minutes or less… But problems are few and far between over the last 10 years of using this system

Cons

The only issue I have had over the last 10 years as if an employee accidentally deletes a listing with the barcode still in the listing retail edge remembers that barcode and we do have an issue with having the “this item has been deleted” error message... I have found an easy work around by putting the barcode into the stock number field so that this error message does not happen

Sister Mary

We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back...

Reviewed on 09/12/2017

Pros

I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc.
I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE.
The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

Cons

The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start.
In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'

• Industry: Insurance

Flexible: Can be as complicated or as simple of a system that you want.

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Pros

There are actually a lot of features that I like about this program. The program is "forgiving". If you make a mistake, there are lots of options for fixing your error. Voiding and reissuing a transaction is easy. You can merge items or customers if you accidentally set them up two different ways.

Also, you can use one UPC for many items using their alias feature. So, say you have a bunch of "eaches" - you only have one of that item, but you want to scan the UPC but you don't want to clog up your inventory with all of those one time items, you can add each UPC as an alias and when you scan that UPC, they are all under the same item.

To accept the "exact balance", you can just hit "+" in the payment field and it will take it as the full amount instead of having to type in the amount paid.

Cons

They took away the columns for quantity and last action date in Inventory list (unless you export). So, if you pull up the inventory list, you'd have to look at each one individually to see the quantity in stock instead of it being a column you can just view.

Annette

Support help desk

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

[sensitive content hidden]
was a big help! And very knowledgable!

[sensitive content hidden]
was a big help! And very knowledgable!

Pros

over all daily business management and retail support

Cons

It can be a little confusing building a report

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Annette,
Thank you for the feedback! RetailEdge offers memorized reports, which gives you the ability to pull your most commonly used reports with a single click. Shoot us an email and we'll walk you through it!
Kayla

mike
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Pros

Software is very good for a multi location business and the tech support is excellent!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of! Very few problems and the help with setup was excellent!

ginny

Always top tier service and support

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Happy!

Happy!

Pros

All of the retail day to day operations functions and the tech support is always outstanding! Been using since 2004.

Cons

printing the lables requires so many steps

Jared

Great point of sale software with an amazing support team. Fifteen years of business and very...

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Pros

RetailEdge has a very easy to learn and use interface that is capable of doing anything we have needed or thought about needing for our retail store and paintball playing fields. Everything from gift cards, layaway, house charges, multiple clerks with security options, multiple locations, inventory, PO's, integrated credit card processing, customer management, great reporting, barcodes/UPC, 3rd party integrations for online sales, and more! You name it, RetailEdge pretty much integrates it into their program. We also subscribe to their gold level service plan which includes regular updates and priority call in help which is rarely needed but a great peace of mind in case we do need assistance. Their tech support is all in house in America so they are easy to work with and don't rush you off the phone. We have always had courteous professional service when needing support or asking questions. They have also built us some custom software to help RetailEdge integrate with some online marketplace needs that we had prior to releasing it to the public. After 15+ years of doing business with RetailEdge they continue to do a great job, offer great service, and keep updating the program to make it better year after year. We couldn't ask for much more!

John
  • Industry: Food Production

Best Point of Sale Product and inventory management product for the money

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

RetailEdge is very good and reliable and very affordable system. For performance and cost effectiveness, you cannot beat it. It has so many useful functions, it was worth originally searching for this type of product.

Pros

We have used RetailEdge for about 6 years. When other cloud based and online Retail POS systems were charging between $35.00 to $60.00 per month, we paid flat price of $500.00. If you do the math, the more years you use RetailEdge, that monthly fee becomes almost negliable. Compare it against what you would have spent paying the month to month cloud based system charges? RetailEdge is the clear biggest bang for your dollar investment. And it is very reliable, we have had no issues in over six years.

Cons

Sorry, but I like everything about RetailEdge, no complaints, I would buy it again in a New York second.

Munkee

Smoke Shop/ Head Shop

Reviewed on 24/03/2023

I had the opportunity to work with Retail Edge, and I am thoroughly impressed with their services. The team at Retail Edge was highly professional, knowledgeable, and efficient throughout the entire process.Retail Edge's POS system is highly functional, intuitive, and user-friendly. It enabled our team to effortlessly manage inventory, process transactions, and generate sales reports in real-time, resulting in a streamlined operation and improved efficiency.Retail Edge's customer service is unparalleled. Their team was readily available to answer any questions and provided excellent training to ensure we were entirely comfortable with the system.In conclusion, I strongly recommend Retail Edge to any business seeking a reliable and efficient POS system. Their advanced technology and exceptional customer service make them stand out from the competition.

Pros

The customer service that Retail Edge provides is unparalleled. They were always available to answer our questions and provided excellent training to ensure that we were completely comfortable with the system.

Cons

I cant think of anything specific , but the team as always been very accommodating at adding things or making changes to the program to help us achieve our goal .

Tara

Works well, updates often, easy to learn

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Retailedge makes inventory a breeze, and helps us keep up with customers, their purchases, and more. It is also nice to see what the other locations are selling, what they have in their inventory and so on.

Pros

I have been using this product for over 8 years and enjoy how easy it is to teach new employees the program. Retail edge updates often enough, and the support staff is always helpful. I also like that I can use the same system at multiple locations.

Cons

I really wish this worked on a mac. I hate that I have to use PC's at work when I use macs everywhere else.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Tara, thanks so much for the kind words! In regards to the Mac issue, RetailEdge can work on a Mac using a 3rd party virtualization software like Parallels or Fusion. This is a little more involved and works well for some customers. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to learn more! -Kayla

Vanessa

Fits my Business

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Great! My questions get answered. The support is intelligent and patient. The system works. We've had a few hiccups but they usually are user error and we figure it out quick enough. We use it every day and I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Ease of use. Common sense. Intuitive. Clean. Tons of help available when I need it. Interest in improvements and ideas. Adaptable. Works without a lot of fussing. Very affordable!

Cons

Reports don't always give me what I want. Big changes have to be done in excel and imported which I'm not comfortable doing. I'd like real time inventory update with online store. Sometimes island runs slow. There has to be a way to weed my email list so I can update regularly on mailchimp. I'd like loyalty dollars to post on their own.

Melissa

Has been great for my shop! Every week I discover another function or report that makes life...

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

The ability to easily track my inventory, sales, and sales tax.

The ability to easily track my inventory, sales, and sales tax.

Pros

Ease of use of the basic register and inventory functions so that you can use it immediately upon set up, but then you can learn more as you go. I love the reliable and friendly tech services. I also like being able to order supplies and get them so quickly.

I love the Sales Manager function with which I can look at what has sold on the day, click on the item which brings me the to inventory screen to see the current inventory after the sale. For a many faceted, one person operation, it makes reordering a snap and saves me much time.

I like the ability to have wish lists for customers!

Cons

There are so many report variations available, that it would be nice to have some standard reports where the user doesn't have to choose options except for the date range.

Khemarith

We've been using Retail Edge for over 5 years now and we are satisfied with the product!

Reviewed on 21/10/2017

Pros

There a few things that we like most about the software:
1. Inventory capabilities. Being able to run purchase orders based on previous sales within a specified date range is a big help.
2. Stability. The software has been fairly stable . There haven't been any major errors that disrupt any daily activities. If anything comes up, the tech support would typically come out with an update shortly after.
3. Tech Support. The tech support group has been very helpful with any issues we may have. For initial installation, they guided us via remote login and made things very easy.

Cons

I described a couple issues that we've had to the Tech Support group.
1. Currently, we have to use the exempt rule feature to apply discounts to items which are already part of a discount class.

Brandi

Amazing POS software for a fraction of the cost of others on the market!

Reviewed on 21/10/2017

Pros

This software is amazing. My small business couldn't afford some of the higher priced POS systems that are out there. After using the demo version of Retail Edge, I was sold! It does everything I need it to and more...excellent reporting, inventory tracking, functionality...and the customer service is amazing!! I don't have to use tech support often, but the few times I have, they have been quick to return my call and even quicker to solve the issue and are very pleasant to deal with. I've had Retail Edge for both of my stores for almost 2 years now and am still loving the software. I love that it has an "Island" option where I can use my laptop to work from home and it will sync to the store. We can also use it as a second register during the busy days. The "Dashboard" app allows me to check the store sales (both locations) throughout the day, which is also nice.

Daniel

Simple program that can do everything that I need it to do.

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

I use it every day to track the sales and inventory of my stores.

I use it every day to track the sales and inventory of my stores.

Pros

I like how this program keeps up with all aspects of inventory, sales and customers. Basically, I can do any type of analysis that big box retailers do using this software.

Cons

I least like the support for this program. I consider myself an expert user at this point, and I find it frustrating that I am charged regardless of the outcomes of my support calls. I've had many issues that the support staff couldn't fix that I've figured out, but I was still charged when they logged into my computer without fixing anything. There was also a blame game played saying that it was the other piece of software that wasn't working while I need multiple companies' software to work in unison.

Jenny
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great Service

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

I've always found the support team to be very friendly and helpful over the years that we've needed them. They're always willing to help with whatever issue we face.

Pros

The POS system is easy to use and as functional for our mobile store.

Cons

Occasionally we have issues with our day end reports, they tend to duplicate the days sales.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Jenny,
Thanks so much for your review! Give support a shout at [email protected] and they can go over some work flow suggestions with you to keep your closings in check.

David

You need this for small business.

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Great support services. Always eager to help and knowledge staff.

Great support services. Always eager to help and knowledge staff.

Pros

Was able to import 120000 items from my old inventory to the new Retail Edge system. Daily sale quick and easy.

Cons

Would like to have 2 open sales screens at one time while customers make up their minds on what they want.

Matthew

Anthony Retail Edge - ATLM Assistance

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

Great!

Great!

Pros

Wanted to send a special thanks to Anthony for getting us set up and ready at ATLM in a timely manner. Very helpful in the busy season!

Cons

none that I can think of thanks so much

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Matthew,
Thank you for the review! We love hearing about positive experiences with our Technical Support staff. We will absolutely pass along the kind words to Anthony.

Jared
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Point Of Sale Software

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

We've been using Retail Edge for 15+ years now and have grown with them along the way. They always help when we need it and the program is incredibly simple to use and easy to learn.

Pros

It is very easy to learn, offers great customer service, is always updating to become better and more user friendly, and it offers everything that a retail store or entertainment business would need to process sales, track reporting, organize customers, and help keep our business functioning optimally.

Cons

It would be nice to have a mobile version included with the gold level service plan.

Tom
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Technical support

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] in technical support has been instrumental in our loyalty to Retail Edge. Ray returns calls promptly and has been able to not only answer our questions but facilitate our crossover to our new system in a friendly, efficient manner while adding to our knowledge of Retail Edge. This allows us to operate in a more efficient and profitable manner.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hello Tom,
We pride ourselves on knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt technical support you can trust. So we love hearing about the good work being done in Support and we will certainly pass along the kind words to Ray. Thanks so much!

Tom

Best All Around POS System on the market!

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

Pros

Awesome Customer Support! They always listen and work to do their best to make sure the system works for you!

Cons

As an IT Manager, the only thing missing is a way to automate the updates behind the scenes so our clerks do not have to do this manually.