SpotOn

Rick
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

A True Game Changer

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Restaurant owners share many of the same struggles in managing and growing their businesses. Issues such as real-time enterprise level reporting, back office updates immediately available on all stations, including their online ordering site, controlling labor cost, and payroll reporting. Additionally with the integration with third party delivery services, the cost savings by eliminating user error is proving to be a huge factor.
SpotOn Restaurant provides the tools and resources that are necessary for independents as well as multi-chain national brands.

Pros

The Freedom Group is a proud dealer of SpotOn Restaurant. We are a company that is passionate about serving our clients with great technology coupled with phenomenal service. SpotOn Restaurant allows us to bring real value to our clients on the technology front, while enabling us to offer a high level of support due to the cloud infrastructure.

Cons

As we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire SpotOn team, I do not have any cons to report.

Michal

Just the Begining

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

There have been ups and downs, a few network outages and quirks that required support but overall we are getting to know the equipment and with the Help of [sensitive content hidden]
are tweaking the software and hardware to where it helps us process the customers and payments.

Pros

I like the fact that this is flexible when it comes to hardware, when you can have a multitude of registers and handheld devices.

Cons

What still needs to be expanded is the handheld device. The device will take orders but the process to create the order is a multi step process and when you are busy this increases the stress. Plus the device has a scanner but will not scan upc codes, so you can't use this to process order without manual entry and that is not efficient.

Cloverleaf and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

the reason we choose Spoton is because the fees seemed to be less on a per transaction and the credit card fees, ability to get a loan, features and overall cost was better than most of the other vendors

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your feedback, Michal. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses and have passed this feedback to the appropriate teams. We appreciate you leaving us a review, and we welcome you to the SpotOn family!

Reagan

Wish I would've looked at reviews

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

I have had nothing but issues from the very moment I agreed to sign up. I was sold hard on the program as it was hard for me to make the change, and once I signed up- it was nothing but issues. At one point I just went back to my original Point of Sale and continued just making my monthly payments on the SpotOn program still trying to get my funds refunded back to me. One of the managers actually had the audacity to negotiate my refund amount with me. Then told me my previous rep had called them and told them she didn't make a mistake and that I had signed up for splitting the transaction fee with my customer? WHAT.

Pros

I thought the ease of taking a credit card as payment would be beneficial to my business. A lot of Point of Sale systems charge a transaction fee for each transaction, so to me, it should help me make things flow smoother day to day.

Cons

What I like the very least about SpotOn is the amount of missing funds that I found when I looked into my account. I had to then go spend quite a bit of time double checking everything to make sure I was getting paid. That alone was the biggest deterrent. The application, and what I found out later was their only contract, which was unfortunate because our service representative signed us up for both fee options not one or the other. Our business had the option to pass along the fee to the customer or to split the fee with the customer. For some reason, we were signed up for both. We had some pages that were showing one way and others for another option. I trusted my rep to submit the application in completion and for some reason that did not happen. The odd thing was that a couple months into our contract, the fee was option was switched. They claimed it was changed because it was incorrect. No one informed us of this. The new fee was different from what I had intially signed up for. One rep on the phone looked up our contract online and also made the statement that it looked like we had signed up for both options. But how could that have made any sense? Were we getting charged for even more? I reached out to my rep about the fees coming out on our end as well as the customers and was told she would look into it. Never heard back. Months later when my funds got frozen, I reached out to her only to find out she was let go. No one told me, I just was left without help.

Response from SpotOn

Hi Reagan, we're sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced. It looks like we've been actively working with you on a resolution for the past week, and we look forward to getting things resolved for you as soon as possible!

Gary

highway robbery

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

They gave me a great rate at the beginning then gradually jack it up to more than double the fees what they used to charge

Pros

quick customer service, great website management

Cons

They jack up your rate without notifying you

Response from SpotOn

Gary, that's not the experience we want you to have, and we've passed this on to the appropriate teams on our end. Should you have any questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected].

Nachely

Customer Service

Reviewed on 08/11/2023

Pros

We appreciate the responsiveness of the staff at SpotOn. We feel supported by their support team and like we have contingencies in place in case something were to go wrong like internet outtage and system glitches. We feel these would be quickly handled and tended to.

Cons

There's a learning curve with SpotOn. The system can be a little bit confusing to understand at first because you have to be navigate different websites. However, the staff is always available.

Aloha EPOS and Clover

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

We feel we are well supported and cared for. We don't feel like one of the many accounts and are always met with quick resolutions.

talech and Toast POS

Response from SpotOn

We appreciate the feedback, Nachely. Customer support is important to us, and we're happy to hear about your experience with our team - especially during your initial learning curve. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Calar

The Dymond Experience Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Most of my business comes through them because that’s where I direct my customers so there’s a trust there

Pros

The convenience of the system and the help creating a menu and their hands on approach to getting me set up.

Cons

I don’t like that my accounts has been charged 3 different times for amounts that should not have. They are in the process of rectifying it but it’s an inconvenience

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

More Quality Service and a better explanation of their work and what I wanted aligned with them

ChowNow

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

It felt right and aligned with the direction I wanted for my business

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for the feedback, Calar. We're happy to hear about your experience with menu creation and our support team. We apologize for the difficulty with the charges - if you have any more issues with this, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected]. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Tori

Great product

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

nicholas
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Spot On saved my business with top brand dropped me MID AFTERNOON for no reason. Spot on has...

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

its been great. I'm very happy with spot on and have no intentions to leave them , even if a company came along and offered .04 less, id say no.

Pros

they seamlessly took over for my previous company when they dropped me mid afternoon 4 years ago. Im loyal to spot on for that

Cons

it would be nice if they added some value added features like ability to access my money with a visa/mc, or ability to rush money to bank for small %. also, Apple Pay, contactless would be nice.

Response from SpotOn

We love to hear it, Nicholas. We're happy to hear our team was able to get you up and running quickly. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Jennifer

[sensitive content hidden] Review

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

Pros

Once again, [sensitive content hidden], completed the task that I needed help with efficiently and effectively. He communicated with me throughout the process to keep me updated and informed about completion. It is always a breeze and a pleasure to work with him.

Cons

For this particular task, everything was good.

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for the feedback, Jennifer. customer service is important to us, and we're glad to hear about your experience. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Christina

Excellent support from the Success Team

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Overall I am very satisfied with spot On and the assistance from support staff. The system is already running smoother for my team.

Pros

The Support Rep I spoke with was extremely helpful with my issues regarding the BOH chaos in our current system.

Cons

least favorite thing was not having enough time with the rep.

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your kind words, Christina. We're proud to help support you and your business.

Andrew

Game Changer

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Maitre'D , Aloha EPOS , Clover and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Support was horrible in our rates keep going up where are you and transparent. The system will slow down it’s very unstable. Used it for 8 years.

Heartland Payments+

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.
Heidi
  • Industry: Food Production

Regret switching to Spoton

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where.

I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward.

I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions.
Ask to see marketing.
Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

Pros

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system.
Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

Cons

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales.
There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website.
You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund.
Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it.
Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit trail and things are to easy to change. As soon as you change something there is no going back. It is done and updated. Should have a confirm before changing.
Things would randomly change over night. I believe that Spoton people would go in and think they are fixing something but it would make it worse.
Implementation did not go well due to so many menu issues. Ended up need to duplicate a number of items one for online ordering and one for the POS due to they don't work together.
Some reports you can't view more than 1 day a time.
Day of the week starts on a Monday vs a Sunday. Extremely annoying for me. Weekly reports are Monday - Sunday. Cant find a way to fix this.
Marketing and loyalty are a joke. Marketing campaign does not tell you how much sales were done via a click through the campaign. The templates for marketing are not very good. If you still consider Spoton after this do not go for the marketing. There are better options out there for the same or less price.
Sales tax has different amounts in the same report. They say to ignore one. So remove it.

Revel Systems and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Was not Square for Restaurant so missing a lot of features.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

Cost and what I expected them to have. Nothing works really as they stated it would.

Response from SpotOn

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at [email protected] for additional assistance in the future.

Rachael

Progressive POS

Reviewed on 15/02/2020

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Pros

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

Cons

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

Wagner
  • Industry: Hospitality

Tushar Brazilian Express Utah

Reviewed on 15/04/2023

Superb. Love the product and the company. I have already referred my friends that own restaurants to [sensitive content hidden] and SpotOn

Pros

The local support from [sensitive content hidden] and his team have been very attentive to details and very hands on with customer support and technical service. The company has always treated us fairly. And we value that.

Cons

Nothing. There have been a few outages that were inconveniences for an hour. No big deal.

Kristen
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Credit card processing deposits and reports are off all the time. I have a spreadsheet I use to tie out the amounts reportedly paid by credit card and deposited into our account.

Pros

The customer service team is excellent! Calls are answered quickly by your knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Cons

It does not connect data to quickbooks so we have to use a bridge app.

Response from SpotOn

Thanks for your feedback, Kristen! We appreciate the time it took to leave us this review. We hope to have better integration features updated soon.

brad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

VIce President

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

Amazing, I would say start to finish, however the communication and support has not stopped and its incredible to talk with people that want to help and make the systems the best they can be for your needs.

Pros

The implementation process was amazing allowing you to use the software for your individual needs and operations, Software helps bring all your needs under one platform, from operations to accounting, Consumer to wensite.

Cons

I have to say there really is nothing I am not happy about as it relates to the software. Working with the SpotOn team allowed us to adjust reporting, accounting and formulate into our system.

Response from SpotOn

This is music to our ears! Thanks for the feedback, and we are looking forward to working together to grow your business for years to come.

trent

BEWARE!! DO NOT USE SPOTON

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Will be shopping for a new system tonight. Regret every second that I trusted Jake to set up in two locations.

Pros

Nothing. I honestly cannot say one good thing about this system.

Cons

From not allowing us to start a tab with American Express to not allowing us to re adjust a tip if it was entered incorrectly.. For the system to not have a fail safe function to not allow a 1million percent tip is absurd...

Response from SpotOn

Trent, this is not the experience we want you to have, and we sincerely apologize for the issues you've faced. Can you please provide us with the best phone number to reach you at [email protected]? We want to rectify the situation or assist with any additional concerns you may have as soon as possible.

robin

Bar Review

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

Overall very user friendly.

Overall very user friendly.

Pros

Spot On is very easy to use. Great for training new employees to this industry.

Cons

hotline support is weak. return calls are very slow.

we purchased Imagine in 2016 because the cost of Aloha Support

Aloha EPOS

user friendly and price
Mina
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great investment for your business to succeed

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

I LOVE IT! and i am a hard business owner to please! The entire team that i worked with from the beginning were and still hands on. Thanks to everyone

Pros

Effective and in point and has tons of options for my restaurant, customer service is outstanding, back up router is a huge plus when the Internet goes down you can still be able to operate

Cons

Closing day report need to be more clear

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Compared the options and SpotOn got my attention

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

After scheduling a demo with SpotOn engineer i came to understanding that it's the right product for my restaurant

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your kind words, Mina, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're proud to help support you and your business.

Collin
  • Industry: Restaurants

Overall Great new POS system with loads of features but also bugs/issues

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

Overall it is an 8/10 for me. We are glad we switched, and are glad to see some of these issues being addressed. I feel in the long run, this was a good decision for us and look forward to working with them more.

Pros

Spot-On is a great POS overall and is helping our business in many ways. The reporting and back of house features are amazing. Lots of useful reports. Customer service is also great! Our rep, [sensitive content hidden] is wonderful and is always available to answer our questions!

Cons

I feel like the company and system itself is still new and has a lot of bugs and issues they need to work out. A lot of the features are amazing, but come with issues they have yet to figure out. The Cash-discounting feature is cool since it is saving us a lot of money, but it seems to wreak havoc on other functions and reporting, causing things to get confusing.

Heartland Restaurant and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Archaic old system that crashed a lot, had very few features, and reporting was weak compared to Spot-OnThe Cash-Discounting promotion was the main reason why we ended up switching.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

Cash DiscountingSuperior reportingOther companies within our organization had it already

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your feedback, Collin -- we are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to support businesses better. Keep an eye on our monthly newsletter for frequent updates and improvements.

KwangHo

SpotOn Review from Momoya

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Very good.

Very good.

Pros

Excellent remote accessibility to data, Intuitive reports and UI

Cons

Lack of third party take-out/delivery order integration, Payment processing speed.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

It was too outdated and POS data are not remotely accessible.

Aloha Cloud

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

Excellent online reviews on the product in comparison to its competitors and SpotOn hospitality consultant [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was exceptionally friendly and reliable.
Lonny

Feedback

Reviewed on 14/03/2023

Very good

Very good

Pros

On behalf of our family and staff, I wanted to give you some feedback after switching to SpotOn in January. First of all, the reporting is light years better than what we using before. Being able to see the daily Sales trends, labor costs, etc. has made us more profitable. Running payroll is much easier and passing information to our accountant is a click of a button. The dual pricing has given us peace of mind that we are passing on all of the cc processing fees. Having the printer in the kitchen has allowed our kitchen staff to view the tickets on the monitor and lowered our ticket times tremendously. On the weekends and before SpotOn we have always had a wait time before seating customers, typically about 40-45 minutes and after being seated ticket times would average about 30 minutes (although we weren't able to track it). Now, with SpotOn we have cut our ticket down by at least 10 minutes allowing us to serve more customers during the weekend. In addition, our FOH is unable to manipulate an order and change orders without getting manager approval. This has resulted in way less food mistakes and delays with service and ticket times.Our restaurant at this time has never been more efficient and the food has never been more consistent than what it is right now. Lastly, training new staff on the new system has been very easy. They pick up on the system quickly compared to the old cumbersome system.

Cons

A few glitches and communication issues on the implementation

Credit card processing fees

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your very kind words, Lonny.
We're proud to help support you and your business.

Emily

Spot on replaces Emagine POS

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

1-10, id say 2

1-10, id say 2

Pros

I think Spot on, since taking over Emagine POS, has gone down hill, You never know who you will be getting support from. The reporting does not seem accurate. Not happy with it at all. Would definately be looking in to another POS system if my father wasnt so dedicated to [sensitive content hidden] and [sensitive content hidden] who sold to Spot on (I think thats what happend). Sent us a computer that was "New" but was linked up with another company, so def not new. Trying to hook up a register drawer to our take out computer....yeah that doesnt work. Networks are all screwed up. Not easy to set up anything. Just simply not happy. Was better off with Emagine. But event with them towards the end. Would have looked into another POS system. Maybe you should send people out on the field to help people, that may not be computer literate, to get through issues. just saying.... not everyone knows a lot about setting up computers, etc. Send techs out to help, would make a big difference. Spot on, absolutely do not reccommend for small business owners. but yes, maybe you are good for the Lincoln Finaical Center in Philadelphia.

Cons

You could improve by sending out people to help small business owners understand the step up and features you offer, you pretty much make us figure things out on our own.... adding a new printer or register, good luck. Our takeout register wont hook up with spot on and open, like our bar register. Try talking to "[sensitive content hidden] " from where ever the hell he is located, no answers. cant figure things out. Send out technicians or send out reps to help and not over the phone. you literally get nowhere and throw in the towel and half ass work with what you can use.

Response from SpotOn

That's not the experience we want you to have, Emily. I've spoken to a member of our customer service team about your case, and we will be reaching out to discuss the status of your account and the final SAAS charge. If you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact [email protected].

Jeremy

Okay

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

Good setup and install

Good setup and install

Pros

Lots of features to work with and easy setup

Cons

Don't use half the features and makes a bit more difficult.

Clover

Online options

Price

Response from SpotOn

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the feedback. We'd love to walk you through any of the features you'd like more information on. I'm reaching out with my contact information and would be happy to set you up some time with your success manager when you'd like to connect. Thank you for your business and for leaving us a review!

Nick
  • Industry: Restaurants

Loma Brew 'Head of Spot On'

Reviewed on 26/09/2021

My overall experience has been great with Spot On. I am 100% pro Spot On and would recommend it to almost anyone. The longer we've had it, the better it's gotten.

Pros

MY favorite thing about Spot On is how easy the BOH Management interface is to use. I love how I am able to adjust just about anything in seconds without having to wait on hold for an hour to adjust one menu item. Everything is pretty self explanatory, I just had to use it for a bit, but the more I use it the more I understand it.

Cons

The QR Codes have issues that other platforms seem to not have, starting tabs, glitches where people can't move to the next screen, no "guest login" option. We have an older crowd in our town and it isn't all that easy for them to use.