Teladoc

Write a Review!
Telemedicine platform for medical professionals and patients

2.2/5
2.7/5
2.8/5
2.2/5

77 Reviews for UK Users

• Industry: Media Production

Doctor on the Go

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

My overall experience with Teladoc has been completely positive.

My overall experience with Teladoc has been completely positive.

Pros

I have found Teladoc most helpful when I am feeling ill while traveling, or don't have the time to wait to see my primary care physician. No matter where you are, you are able to speak with a doctor who can prescribe you basic medication based on your symptoms. You can even speak to a doctor over a video call if you have visible symptoms to show the doctor. I was on a trip once with a very sore throat, and the doctor was able to prescribe me medication within minutes. It's also incredibly cost efficient, at only $5 per Teladoc appointment as opposed to my normal copay of $30 for a visit to my primary care physician.

Cons

I have zero complaints about Teladoc. It's a very cost efficient alternative to visiting your PCP, and you can do use the app from your phone, which in this day and age is incredibly convenient.

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Access Excellent Care from Anywhere

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Teladoc saves time. All medical providers I have seen are professional and I have received nothing less than stellar care from them. Even a prescription called right into my local pharmacy!

Pros

This was the easiest tool I've ever used for access to reliable healthcare. From downloading the app to my first doctor visit was everything was simple and FAST. And of course, accurate.

Cons

The moon inconvenience, and it was minor, was the few extra steps to get my children signed up on the account as well (they're in their teens so I understand that Teladoc needed their input as well).

rob
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Used for 2+ years

my experience

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

never will use again terrible doc terrible service

never will use again terrible doc terrible service

Pros

easy to use very quick not expensive. easy to find and sign in from my device

Cons

didnt make a diagnosis didnt spend time didnt call any medicines in thought it was a scam, he just said to go get checked out

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Remote Health Assessments

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

From the get-go my experience with Teladoc was a positive one. Highly professional doctors. Easy to use application. What more could you ask for?

Pros

Teladoc is fairly straight forward to use. Requesting an appointment is as simple as entering a few details about your request, choosing a timeframe, and how you'd like to be contacted. The doctors are highly professional and helpful.

Cons

If you forget your password or are otherwise unable to login to your account it can be a frustrating experience to reset it. Sometimes the automated emails don't arrive until days later, or sometimes not at all.

• Used for 1-5 months

Easiest and most efficient medical care

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

It was very easy to use! I am a working mom and don’t always make time to take care of my needs. I was able to do this on my lunch break and have my prescriptions ready to pick up on my way home! The physician explained everything so well! I felt like I got more explanation than I have got at my last in person visits! This was so easy and the response times were so fast! My issue wasn’t urgent but they treated it like it was!

Pros

It is very easy to register and to make an appointment. Within an hour I had a prescription ready for pick up. The physician explained the diagnosis and medication efficiently and was very easy to understand medication and how to use. They also gave me a coupon for medication in case it cost a lot. This is an amazing service and I would recommend to anyone!

Cons

I have found no negatives with this service!

Quyen
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Horrible. Do not use Teladoc

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I am very dissatisfied with Teladoc. They took my $ and did not provide the service I was asking for. Now they have deleted my account and I can't login in to retrieve what they said to provide to my primary doctor. I needed a prescription for a very safe simple medication (Nizoral) I was using. I thought that I would try Teladoc since it seems to be quick and I need no appointment. It is hard to see my primary doctor now since due to COVID. They took my $ and said I don't need to drug, but instead give me a recommendation to go buy an OTC drug. I've used Nizoral many times before and it's very safe to use. I made a mistake by using Teladoc. I will surely spread the word about this horrible scam.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. This company is a scam.

Cons

I am very dissatisfied with Teladoc. They took my $ and did not provide the service I was asking for. Now they have deleted my account and I can't login in to retrieve what they said to provide to my primary doctor. I will surely spread the word about this horrible scam.

Tom
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Unhelpful doctors and lack in training of customer care reps

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

My first appt was cancelled by the doctor 2 minutes before the appt time and the doctor said they could not call me. Got a second doctor scheduled by one of the customer care reps who screened my concerns for the appt but did not say whether the Dr could discuss them properly. My questions were LGBTQ related and overall I feel this company does NOTHING to acknowledge the topics that this community needs to discuss with doctors. They have no way to filter doctors in this area, so you get assigned random doctors that are conservative and honestly feel uncomfortable speaking on these sensitive issues. After a short 3.5 minute long call, no resolution and was told my issue isn't urgent care related so talk to your PCP. How is this company around?!

Pros

Cool app. That's really about it. Easy to use.

Cons

There's no accountability and your charged for a 4 minute conversation where the doctor cannot help you if your question is non-urgent care.

Brian
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

I like money

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Pros

I like money and patients give me money for the headaches we provide. I was thinking about changing our name to headache-a-doc but that wouldn't be as easy to text.

Cons

It took too long to develop and the patients ask too many questions. When I hang up on them I blame it on bad cell phone service, oops four hundredth time today.

I also don't like that customers give me bad reviews. I wish I could screen out the ones who have expectations before they even come online.

Kara
  • Used for 1+ year

Not worth your time and effort.

Reviewed on 02/01/2021

0 out of 10.

0 out of 10.

Pros

I like nothing about teladoc, I will never use again nor recommend.

Cons

The doctor could not help me and suggested I went to urgent care. That is what I was trying to avoid by using teladoc. Super frustrating !

Erica
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Get a useless appointment Rx and nothing else.

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

I am so tired of Drs saying they are going todo something and then they dont do it. Leaving you feeling crazy for seeking help in the first place. Im tired of being rushed through my appointments. No one wants to listen and no one follows through. If you say you are going to upload a notice for work then do that, dont leave me hanging. If you schedule an appointment with me do not cancel on me. Listen to me when I speak and take my concerns seriously. Its like going through a factory on an assembly line. Im a real person!

Pros

nothing. How can i like being rushed off the phone, given a prescription and then having my Dr not keep his word?

Cons

everything, I do not like this platform.

Julie
  • Industry: Tobacco

Solid system

Reviewed on 12/07/2023

Overall my experience with Teladoc has been positive. Each time I’ve needed to call, interactions with the doctors have always been beneficial/helpful.

Pros

Getting set up is easy. Once you sign up and create an account, the process of scheduling a call is seamless. I also like the portability of it; the ability to use it no matter where you are is invaluable.

Cons

Integration with our business processes was bumpy in the beginning, but I called and spoke to an agent who helped walk me through the issue I was having.

Loren
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 1+ year

Teledoc Review

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

Teledoc is a perfect solution for the times when you're not feeling well but do not necessarily need to visit a physician in person. As a result, there is a saved cost.

Pros

The health insurance through our employer offers Teledoc. The Teledoc app is simple to set up and provides clear instructions. Booking an appointment was fast and easy.

Cons

Not a big issue, but there were additional steps to add my spouse who's covered on my plan. I am certain, though, that would be the case with any similar software.

Ruby

The best telemedicine app

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Pros

This is the app to go for if you want a quick medical advice for minor ailments or refill of maintenance prescriptions. My insurance covers this service so it is super convenient. The app is easy to use and very reliable

Cons

One time, one of the prescriptions was sent incorrectly. I tried to contact the service again but could not be reconnected

Kacie

Awful system for the patient experience

Reviewed on 01/03/2023

Pros

The ONLY pro I have for the technology is the clinicians available.

Cons

Everything else-- login is a nightmare, customer service, there isn't two way messaging, the lack of customizability, the length appointment scheduling for patients

Nezare

worst process I've ever seen.

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

terrible.

terrible.

Pros

absolutely nothing, if you want shit service this is the place to go.

Cons

don't use, waste of time, you can wait a week and not get a single update on your requests. speak to a doctor immediately is a lie.

Jennifer

Horrible!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2021

OMG! So horrible, I am actually telling people not to use it. It was a bad experience and horrible Doctors.

Pros

I hated everything about this. First, I couldn't schedule my son as a dependent. It turns out you have to logout to update. Then the Doctor was extremely rude and condescending. I would much rather use Baycare or my local urgent care instead of this company.

Cons

Everything. Doctor was rude and set up was horrible. You have to log out each time to update. Overall, this was a waste of my time. I probably would have dealt with it, if the Doctor was pleasant.

Amanda
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Teladoc as an alternative to typical healthcare

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

Pros

I love the whole idea of Teladoc! To be able to have the opportunity to speak to a doctor, get a prescription filled on a weekend or at night, and the fact that I don’t have to drive when I’m feeling sick, make teladoc an incredible alternative to a visit to the doctors office.

Cons

The app is not very user friendly. It’s simple enough to make your appointment, but the app could use some work. It would be nice to see approximate wait times and to get easier notifications.

Terrible and Useless Service

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Terrible and useless service. Was lied to by the Dr and told no one was allowed to prescribe medicine for my condition until testing was complete but that same morning after consulting elsewhere was prescribed the medicine i needed within an hour. I even told him I had been through this issue before in the past and had been prescribed the medicine needed. Requested a refund and was refused so wasted money. Call on doc helped me with what i actually needed instead.

Pros

The first customer service rep I spoke to was very kind and understanding

Cons

Everything, pricier than other services and does not even help and will lie to you.

Megan

Easy & Efficient

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Overall, this is a great solution for busy people who need to treat minor health concerns quickly.

Pros

It is very easy to create an account and be seen for minor health concerns. This was a huge time saver and Teladoc allowed me to get healthier, faster.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report about this software. I look forward to using this as much as I can in place of my regular doctor.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

I waited for 3 days without an appointment during COVID-19

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

worst company ever.

worst company ever.

Pros

None. I didn't like this software. It was awful

Cons

I had to wait for 3 days for them to even contact me. Then they asked me if I still wanted to be on a waiting list. I couldn't get any doctor to see me so this was my best chance of getting my COVID symptoms evaluated, but turns out they ddidn't have time to see me either

Lisa
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

1000% satisfied. Such a prompt response that I didn’t have time to remove my “call protect” the 1st visit I set up so the private number the Dr was calling from got blocked and my appointment was canceled, so upon setting up a 2nd visit I turned off my cal protect and then submitted my request for appt and received a call within less than 5 minutes! BEST customer service EVER!!

Pros

Easy access of their app and extremely prompt responses!

Cons

The only thing I didn’t like was having to miss my first appointment because I didn’t turn off my call protect in time so the Dr’s Private Number would ring though, but I got it off before I submitted my 2nd request 😀

Doug
  • Industry: Accounting

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Terrible. Inefficient. Over billing company.

Terrible. Inefficient. Over billing company.

Pros

Customer service can not verify members. Collect payment on $0 accounts.

Cons

Liked nothing, poor customer service. Over bills customer.

Jacob
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Hi way Robbery

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

When I contacted them about the issue they told me to go to urgent care.

When I contacted them about the issue they told me to go to urgent care.

Pros

Nothing they stole 75 dollars from me. Prescribed otc cough medicine for sinus infection. When I called to complain I was told to go to urgent care.

Cons

They diagnosed me with upper respiratory infection then prescribed me otc cough syrup. Complete waist of money. Avoid these guys at all cost.

Cheryl
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Dr. never called

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Worst experience ever!

Worst experience ever!

Pros

I didn't find any value is this software

Cons

Made an appointmet 4 hours and 8 minutes ago. Was told the wait would be 10-15 minutes. 4+ hours later, still no doctor has called, but I've been asked 6 times, via text, if I still need to speak to a doctor or if I would like to cancel my appointment.

Christopher
  • Industry: Information Services

Absolute worst experience with any medical provider, ever.

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

Pros

Nothing. They are terrible. Absolute worst

Cons

Absolute worst customer service and experience. They steal money. They can't treat men with UTIs and still let you set appointments for it just to take your money.