Notion

4.7 (2,201)
Write a Review!
Project and task management tool

(2,201)

Cagri
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Managed the Transitioning to Notion and It Improved Our Productivity

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Notion helped us centralize project management, documentation, and knowledge base into a single place. Now we have a strong way of doing things and documenting the knowledge across teams.

Pros

Customizable databases and different views make it pretty easy to manage resources and documents. The new "projects" feature was something I had been looking forward to for months, and finally, we have it.

Cons

Some team members find it a bit difficult to start with. Getting the whole team to adapt using Notion took a while.

Confluence and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion already had project management features. We moved all the projects from Asana to Notion and ended our Asana subscription.

Asana

Intuitive User Interface and customizable features
Emma
Emma

Great tool with huge potential

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

Pros

Loads of features and functions that I've barely scratched the surface of. Great clean interface.

Cons

The level of features is a bit overwhelming.

Olivia
  • Industry: Program Development

Life Changing Task Management System

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Pros

Notion is a very beautiful platform with a lot of room for customization. It is easy to use but also offers a lot of different products/systems.

Cons

I don't have many things I dislike about Notion, but I am a little annoyed by their pushing of their AI system onto all users.

• Industry: Entertainment

Nobody does data and documents like Notion does.

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

Notion is by far and away the best way I've found so far to work with data in documents. It starts from the concept of linked databases, and extends it from there to include structured documents. This has been very well implemented, allowing users to generate incredibly useful documents, by querying sets of data.

The Notion support team is engaged, informed and very helpful. I have had several insightful discusssions with them during feature requests.

Both the desktop and offline applications are smooth and usable, and have been improving continually.

Pros

- beautiful design
- databases inside documents
- Several useful templates for generating documents and databases
- well-considered layout constraints allowing you to focus on content
- easy to share content
- powerful and ergonomic syntax

Cons

- lack of option for visualising data
- no real offline mode

Coda , Basecamp and Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Databases in documents. Only Coda seems to be able to do this, but Notion does it better.

Confluence

Reasons for Switching to Notion

The databases. We've long been searching for a way to keep data and documents in the same place, without plugins or extra costs. Notion does this extremely well and was an obvious choice, even to the point that we could ignore the current negative points. With time, we are confident that these features will be enabled, and at the moment, we are comfortable keeping our operational and business data in Notion.
Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Notion is amazing—if you can make it click

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Notion at first didn't make sense to me, but when it clicked, boy did it click. I run my business from Notion, I track my habits, I track my reading notes and daily notes—it all lives inside Notion. And with AI tools getting better, I only see my use of Notion growing.

Pros

Notion is a blank canvas that lets you create basically anything you want. I've used it to create a task manager, project manager, reminders, and my ongoing library of notes and documents. All of this is even available under the free account. The AI features they have introduced are solid, helping me create blog posts and also have quicker access to my ever-expanding notes.

Cons

A blank canvas is great, but only if you understand how to use it. It took me several tries before Notion finally clicked. It can be clunky as a task manager, and though it's functional it's not the most visually appealing.

Justin
  • Industry: Automotive

A Great Productivity Aid Tool

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

I utilize Notion for managing work projects and to-do lists, recording meeting notes, and maintaining a work journal. Notion has proven to be a significant aid in my work.

Pros

Notion is an extremely versatile tool. I'm always finding new ways to use it.

Cons

Notion can be a little confusing to use at first.

Jayson
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Financial Tools

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Even though it has a bug/glitch sometimes, I really like the notion since it helps us everyday on our job

Pros

It's easy to use and we can search easily using a specific keywords that we're searching.

Cons

Too much article/pages and kinda confusing sometimes

João

Notion review

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Pros

Notion is really user friendly, the UI is really optimized and aesthetic

Cons

Nothing much, sometimes it's really slow and bugs out a bit but nothing out of the ordinary

Defney
Defney
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Get things done with Notion

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

Pros

Planning is the first step in any project. As a software engineer at a startup, notion is my buddy - helping me break down the project into simpler tasks and tackle them on a daily basis

Cons

Getting a hang of using notion is a little challenging at the beginning. I had to look up a few youtube videos to get started.

Liam
Liam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great for storing any kind of intormation

Reviewed on 26/05/2024

Pros

Managing all my information in one tool has never been easier

Cons

There is probably too much you can do on this tool.

Daniel
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications.

The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task.

The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records.

There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Cons

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal.

Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that.

The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

Melissa
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Flexible and Collaborative!

Reviewed on 27/11/2021

Personally, I love this tool because it allows me to build databases of knowledge, even my personal Resume page. Everything is in one place and I don't have to search extensively through notebooks or confusing organizational systems.

I like that you can really transform your ideas from just a thought to reality. Notion is great for tracking goals and helps you to navigate towards your end destination. If you're using it with a team it can be a great place to build up internal knowledge bases- but the trick is keeping it updated and making sure that what you're building is something an average Joe can navigate.

Pros

Notion is a great tool to use because you can do a variety of things on the tool. Project & task management, note-taking, building knowledge deposits, I even built my own resume page about myself in Notion!

It is a functional and flexible platform that also allows the administration of databases and these can be connected to each other and also provides great value as the ability to connect information between different departments or pages helps our employees find information easily.

Cons

The mobile apps aren't 100% amazing, there are some features that I think should be more included with the free version and the price is a little high.

Confluence , monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Visually, the UX was the best and building pages inside of pages is really visually pleasing.
Ed

Best tool I use on a daily basis to ideate and take notes

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

The best app I use on a daily basis and couldn't live with out it

The best app I use on a daily basis and couldn't live with out it

Pros

The ability to ideate in the moment and document my thoughts and ideas in real-time through typing and dictation is amazing and being able to link to other pages and podcasts and videos as well as upload images and access an image library, just to mention a small number of the amazing features of this app that I use on a daily basis

Cons

At this point I don't have the ability to search words in my uploaded handwritten paper notes

Google Keep and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Evernote was not developing their features as quickly as Notion and Notion offered features and functionality that Evernote didn't have at the time

More features and functionality
Lirim
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best productivity apps for anyone who wants to keep themself productive.

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Absolutely amazing. My life is so much easier and I get now more time to spend with my family thanks to Notion.

Pros

NOTION is a true lifesaver productivity app for anyone who really cares to deliver the best of him/her by the end of the day. Once you open the app you will have option to customize the pages you see on the left side, create new ones, include links, add people who you work with, tag them, add pictures, prioritize your tasks, set deadlines and set a reminder for every deadline you set of. It basically has everything I would ask for, almost perfect and it saves me a lot of time by keeping me organize throughout the day.

Cons

The only thing I like the least about this software is the font, it has very limited fonts to choose from. I wish they had more.

Microsoft OneNote and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It's not very affordable for people like me who use it very often. Not a lot of options.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Ease of use, very popular, lots of options to customize based on your needs, and it gives you 14 days free trial which is perfect for people who are trying to figure out what app is the best for them.
Hasan

versatile and powerful tool to help you organize your docs, and manage your tasks

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

I find it to be a very versatile and powerful tool that has greatly improved my ability to organize and manage my work. The clean interface, availability on multiple platforms, and the variety of integrations with other tools and services make it a pleasure to use.In many ways, I consider it to be the new Google Drive, but with more flexibility and customization options. I would definitely recommend Notion to anyone looking for a better way to organize and manage their work.

Pros

It is highly customizable and can be used for a wide range of purposes, including project management, note taking, and task tracking. I also like it because it's easy to use and has a clean and intuitive interface. Additionally, it is available on the web, mobile and desktop.

Cons

I found it hard to use Notion on iPads and with Apple Pencils. While it's very intuitive on laptop, it's doesn't feel the same on an iPad when using a pencil.

Mohammad
Mohammad
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Notion drives productivity with its intuitive & powerful project management & planning...

Reviewed on 21/01/2023

Notion exceeds my expectations with its exceptional planning & collaboration tools, rich workspace management & build-up and facilitation towards steering our project progression towards completion. The utility has continuously assisted our engineering team in accomplishing multiple government & private construction projects since its implementation into our workplace.

Pros

The ability to set up & customize my entire virtual workspace from a single platform is truly mind-boggling, & Notion does just that with its incredible multi-project management utilities to run our numerous construction projects without interruptions. The snappy performance & masterfully-crafted interface found on the web, mobile & desktop versions makes Notion one of the most versatile productivity applications out there. As a site engineer, it is my utmost priority to ensure resources are being efficiently utilized on site without causing any progress delays. Notion plays a crucial role in helping me organize & visualize my current & upcoming tasks as well as which ones require immediate attention to remain on track with the project schedule. Assigning workforce & performing reallocations is done easily using Notion & that helps me further optimize my workforce to drive progression in our project. Collaborating with our engineering crew to virtually meet & resolve several project obstacles have been one of the strongest use-case scenarios with this utility.

Cons

I cannot think of a limitation encountered with the service. Notion catalyses my work & it's just perfect the way it is.

Google Keep , monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Notion

From slow synchronization issues to lacklustre performance & features in general, Notion simply delivers a much better user experience & tools that are well suited to my work demands.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Unlike the considered alternatives, Notion isn't just a simple note-taking utility that's limited in terms of functionality. It allows me to build an entire, fully-fledged workspace to manage multiple projects & team members without a lot of back & forth action.

Notion, the digital brain tool that you need for your business !!

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

We had a very positive and joyful experience with Notion. I think when we started using Notion, it came out a little earlier than our small family company. We feel that we have grown with them, and I think that is a very amazing feeling. It's like they have followed very nearly their community and tried to listen as mush as possible and give them all the tools they need to grow. It means a lot. We know that financial gain is important but being capable of that but still being very present to the community is much harder, and they have succeeded that!Now, students, anyone has accessibility to use a powerful tool like this one. It's so cool ! I still use Notion for myself and my personal life. It makes everything easy-peasy !

Pros

I still like this kind of architect approach from Notion. They are the pioneers of this approach, and for that they have a very special place in our note-taking approach. I think it's because we feel understood as Business entrepreneurs that we need a white canvas to start, but with tools that will help us to build an organized library of knowledge and interactive libraries of knowledge and information.You can start very simple, but you can also make it more robust and complex and also, decide to reduce the complexity and go back to a simple structure.

Cons

I started to use Notion in 2018, and I saw the changes they made. I think in 2020, I tried to use other software, but I was still observing it from far. Furthermore, I was still using it for inventory, articles gathering, but that's it because I felt overwhelmed by the tools and feature they were adding.I think we got lost a little by the intensity of the features, but now, they went back to simplicity, and we can see it in the way they have presented their new recent features.

Whimsical

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It was only 2 of my team who made that change because we were doing try-outs, but it did not work at the end because it was missing a lot of features !

Reasons for Switching to Notion

We did not choose over Notion, but we did decide to use both of them at the same time, and that made a huge impact. It made us realize that we need a software for knowledge, data interaction and another one for graphs flow chart and visuals boards.So, combining these two, it made a big difference in our productivity and management !
Ann
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Notion is a definite must for top tier performance!

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Overall, I genuinely and wholeheartedly love this app and reap all the benefits from using it. I have noticed such a drastic change within my work. My motivation, organization, and completion progress have done nothing but skyrocket since I began using notion and I haven't looked back since. I plan on using it as my tried and true for as long as it is around as well as continue to recommend it to everyone I can!

Pros

The number one thing I absolutely adore about notion is how customizable the app is. You can entirely tailor your layout or layouts to however you'd like it be. Not only does it provide this for users by allowing flexible and unlimited list and task pages, but by also allowing users to design how their notion pages look as well! Who wouldn't want their time/task manager set up to be aesthetically appealing and eye engaging while also being super functional and productive. All around I would say notion is a perfectly well rounded app for anyone to use for any reason while also being extremely easy to navigate and user friendly. Great app/website! 100/10 recommend to all my friends!

Cons

I honestly don't think I have a single thing negative to say about notion genuinely. I have never had anything but positive experiences while using it and have had so much success with it there isn't anything coming to mind that I would change. I truly believe it is already as close to perfect as it can be with how it is now.

Sherryl

Notion just keeps getting better

Reviewed on 29/08/2023

Microsoft is trying to copy Notion via Loop, but I am a fierce loyalist and will not give up Notion for any competitor.

Pros

Notion product development is top notch. New highly usable features keep getting rolled out.

Cons

Although there’s a Notero work-around, I’d still like a Zotero seamless integration, please. Also, although embedded PDFs are very satisfactory, it will be amazing if users can annotate PDFs within Notion.

Olivia

My company's one stop resource

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Notion was very easy to set up and my team found the content and functionality very easy to adopt. It's the one place my team an find everything they need related to our business.

Pros

Notion is my company's internal source for everything, such as co-worker profiles, most used documents, task management, company handbook, work events, and payroll information.

Cons

As a non-tech, non-design person, I found it challenging to choose the right templates and set up the most user-friendly design for my team. There are pages I have built that do not get used because of how I have designed them.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

My company was growing and we needed something more robust than google sheets.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion had the ability to be customized better to our needs. The layout and functionality of Notion was more liked by my team.
Mustafa
Mustafa
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

One of the best multi-purpose project management software you can use.

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

I often use Notion as my hardware venture. I collect and prepare the contracts we will make on Notion. I create Wikis on Notion to inform the client.

I also use Notion to avoid confusion in my side projects because sometimes I forget what I'm doing and what I'm going to do. Thanks to the themes it offers, I can create pages in a very flexible way.

On the other hand, I use Notion for personal time management, meeting notes, etc., without the need for a different application. This works great because I don't like using too many apps.

Overall I am very satisfied with Notion. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

First of all, it's great to be able to use Notion for so many different purposes.

For example, I use Notion for project management in my professional business. Because it offers many different features completely free of charge. I can share directly with my colleagues and perform simultaneous file editing. There are many different free themes. We can also use these themes by customizing, if we want, we don't even need to customize them because they are really good.

On the other hand, when you have many side projects, you want to get rid of clutter. I think this is one of the best apps you can do. Because it gives you the opportunity to add pages easily, customize the theme and add many features to your page quickly.

You can also use it for your personal business. For example, I helped my girlfriend prepare a timetable on Notion for 6 months during the exam period and we really benefited from it.

When we collect all these, we see again what a good application it actually is. Thank you Notion team.

To summarize, having regular pages, integration with many different plugins, very flexible and feature-rich plugins, having various themes (really good themes) and being able to create your own themes are very good features.

Cons

Frankly, the only feature I don't like on Notion is that sometimes we need to download files. For example, we prepare the project contract very well over Notion, but since it will be an official document, it must be of the specified type. But the pages that look great on Notion may not be so good when downloaded.

Sometimes (I'm an iPhone SE2 user) the pages I navigate in the mobile application can be deleted. It is not possible to repeat projects in areas such as metro. I would like this fixed, maybe I'm the problem.

I'm still having a download problem. This problem is in the tables. I would like the tables to be downloaded directly in Excel format.

Arun Sarathy
Arun Sarathy

Must have tool if you are a solo creator!

Reviewed on 26/02/2022

With all the pros and cons I outlined, I still love Notion and what it does to save my brain space. I just cannot live without Notion.

Pros

The best part of Notion is its Kanban view with capabilities to add great deal of notes, tags, keywords, dates, custom fields, within each task. My workflow would be a spaghetti if Notion didn't come to my rescue. I have made my move from maintaining a simple plain vanilla Google Spreadsheet to Notion and never looked back! All my YouTube video planning happens within Notion. And so is the case with my dozen other projects.

Cons

The first thing that stands out for me is its non-intuitive Folder - Page structure.
The other annoyance happens within different views - whenever I want to see my data in a table view, the list doesn't make sense to me, although I was the one who created it. Another problem with table view is that when my rows grow in number, I had to scroll all the way down while the table itself takes time to load with every scroll. That micro-second waiting time is actually eternity in digital time.
One additional irritation is that its mobile app is kinda slow. I just don't feel like even opening it on my mobile unless I really need to refer something real quick. Otherwise, I use just the web app 99.9% of the time.

Aniirudh
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Notion is one of the most powerful end-to-end all-in-one productivity tool

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Truly Amazing

Truly Amazing

Pros

I love how versatile Notion is - I use it literally like a second brain in order to manage everything in life - especially chores and tasks.

Templates make this so much more powerful. I love how we can convert pages into their own websites and share them. Especially with third-party tools that work on top of Notion, it makes this a productivity beast! Absolutely love Notion

Cons

Mobile App needs a lot of work. Currently, it is slow and the UI is not very intuitive. Also other features like additional tab, centering sentences would make this even better.

Document Organization

Google Keep

it's better
  • Industry: Hospitality

My virtual diary of three years

Reviewed on 26/05/2023

I first started using Notion about seven months into the COVID pandemic. During that time, I could not express my thoughts comfortably to others, let alone feel heard by them, whether it be my family, friends, or even strangers in y virtual communities. Notion became my private space (albeit maybe FBI agents are reading this right now or they have read my entries within the past few years, but it's whatever, tbh) -- the point is, Notion was a space for me to express my thoughts without judgment from anyone. I could type out all my ideas freely, organize them, and it became my therapy. It helped me a lot with self-reflection and awareness -- it was healing. It became a part of pretty much a daily routine for me. With the AI feature, I feel that Notion has become even more therapeutic because of its ability to elaborate on my present and past journal entries. Sometimes Notion AI will summarize my entries for me in the third person and add a little positive spin or a resolution to a thought that I never came to on my own before, and it can sometimes be mind-blowing. Using AI to create stories, songs, poems, etc., from the context of my journal entries is also really fun. Notion AI is able to create art from my experiences without me doing too much. I've enjoyed Notion overall, and it has been a perfect space for me to stimulate and execute my thought process and independent self-expression. I also utilized Notion to help me stay organized in university, and now beyond.

Pros

I love Notion's organizational features that make it easy to sort out my ideas in a way that makes sense visually, e.g., drag-able blocks, toggle blocks, different heading styles, font colors, different table views for dated journal entries, etc. Adding onto that - since I've been using Notion to journal my thoughts for the past three years, I've enjoyed utilizing the search feature to compare my personal journal entries across those years. Pinpointing the exact life phases that I was in precisely 365 days ago and 730 days ago makes me feel like I'm mentally time-traveling.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would strongly dislike. I have not had any significant problems with Notion, although sometimes, on the mobile app, it would take a while for my entries to load because I have so many. Another thing I've run into within the mobile app is that when searching for specific keywords in entries within particular timeframes, I cannot go back and view a result upon viewing a different result. My place in the results gets lost, but all I have to do is scroll or re-apply my filters/timeframe/re-enter the keywords I had. Again, it's not a huge issue, and usually, my alternative is to utilize the search feature on the browser instead. Aside from that, I hope that someday the AI feature will become more commonly used and integrated within Notion's free components. I guess another thing lastly that I know many others have wanted is offline accessibility for Notion, although I'm rarely in a situation that calls for it. If I am, my alternative to that is just typing in my generic notes app, and copying and pasting it into Notion later on.

Andreas

A Game-Changer in Digital Experience - My Notion Experience

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

Pros

I couldn't resist sharing my thoughts on Notion, and let me tell you, it's been nothing short of a game-changer for me. From the moment I dived into Notion, I was greeted by this sleek and intuitive interface that felt like a breath of fresh air. The flexibility it offers is simply mind-blowing - my notes, tasks, and projects finally found their perfect digital home.One thing I absolutely love is how Notion adapts to my unique way of organizing things. It's like having a personal assistant that understands my quirks and preferences. Whether it's creating a comprehensive to-do list or drafting out my latest brainstorm, Notion effortlessly molds itself to my writing style.And the collaboration features? Pure genius. Working on group projects has never been smoother. Real-time updates and the ability to seamlessly share ideas - it's a collaborative dream come true.But here's the kicker: databases. They've turned data organization into an art form. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to watch my information neatly structured and easily accessible.What's even cooler is the variety. Need a sleek to-do list? There's a template for that. Planning a trip? There's a template for that too. Notion has undeniably become my go-to digital workspace. It's not just an app; it's become an integral part of my daily routine.

Cons

Now, don't get me wrong; Notion is this expansive canvas where I can pour out my thoughts and organize my chaos beautifully. But, and there's always a but, when it comes to formatting, I find myself yearning for a bit more freedom.