Camtasia

Screen recording, video making, and editing tool

4.2/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.2/5

330 Reviews for UK Users

S m
S m
  • Industry: Consumer Services

‘’Users of various skill levels might produce excellent videos with Camtasia’’

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

For anyone who has to capture their screen and then edit that recording, I believe Camtasia is fantastic. Camtasia has been used to record presentations on the computer screen. We use these recordings after editing to create webinars or online courses. The software costs a fair amount with a one-time purchase fee. Camtasia is an easy-to-use tool that develops learning experiences that demand desktop visuals while producing content that is entirely compatible with a range of video-carrying devices. Additionally, the application uses pixelation or blurring techniques to conceal information that could otherwise be used to individually identify people to prevent any violations of student confidentiality laws or Institutional Review Board standards. A convenient library of visual pictures, icons, backdrops, and audio beds may be combined with user-generated content to give presentations that are eye-catching "pizzazz." Some educators utilize it to communicate concepts that call for a visual component. Both multiple timeline storage and the inclusion of audio-scrubbing in the editing toolbox would be significant advancements. For illustration, a project might promote

Pros

Every internet project these days needs editing. This covers activities incorporating images, sound, video, and other components. I've used it for more than 6 years. Camtasia was initially used to create instructional videos for students, learners, coworkers, and the online courses my company provides. Camtasia is, in my opinion, relatively easy to use when compared to some of the other products available on the market. Even if we don't have as many bells and whistles, the completed product still feels and looks professional. Rapid video production and transmission. For novices, there are informative courses and supplemental videos. Any variety of media, including PPTs, audio, video, and graphics, can be imported.
Training videos can be amazing.
They also have fantastic support people.
They patch their frequency
I would strongly recommend such an item!

Cons

Alternating Period
Filters
Asset Inventory
White Balance modifications
Possibly accurate are the audio and screenshot. There might periodically be a delay.
On rare occasions, a projected screen will be done but still be listed as a recent project.

Wassim
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Camtasia: A Comprehensive Video-Editing Solution for E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/06/2023

Great experience. Some performance enhancements would be definitely recommended but overall it is a great video-editing/making package.

Pros

Camtasia supporting me in developing high quality e-learning courses in higher education and training. Easy time-line management made the tasks very smooth and executed on time. The ability to include random quizzes and assignments in the Video at several points in time was an amazing feature that I can't really find in that flexibility in other products. Screen recording (even on mobile phones), Annotations, transitions, and several other video effects result in professional video development results.

Cons

The rendering time in Camtasia is very slow. This isn't as bad in other rival software such as Apple's imovie. But Still in spite of this, the feature-rich software makes one tolerate that delay in return of the amazing video editing features it provides.

David

Barely functional program with useless support

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Terrible. It's glitchy, updates ruin projects and force remakes or reshoots. Tech support is standoffish and difficult, and the dev team seemingly has no interest in taking user feedback.

Pros

It's relatively simple so you can figure out the basics pretty quick.Try doing ANYTHING more than cutting a clip together though...

Cons

Technical Support and User Experience. Every update ruins SOMETHING about the program and it takes weeks or even months to get it fixed. The latest version deleted entire asset libraries that I've been using for 5+ years, and most interactions with the support team leave me more frustrated than when I started. They even insulted me and said I couldn't read once.

Timothy

Camtasia Studio

Reviewed on 02/07/2023

Pros

I's ease of use. Very intuitive user interface with drag and drop technology plus the huge media library make Camtasia an excellent choice for video marketing, explainer and tutorial video creation. Also very important to mention screen catire video recording function is simply the best there is.

Cons

Audio editing is too simple. There is a for cost upgrade to do audio editing. But why pay for something when there are better alternatives that are free.

Danor
Danor

Camtasia Software Suite Review

Reviewed on 26/08/2023

Camtasia excels in a lot of areas versus its competition in video editing/recording. This platform allows users to record and create professional videos is a very efficient manner. Users can direct share created video files on virtually all social media platforms. I can see this particularly useful for gamers who want to upload a multitude of clips often. The annotations and animations are two features that stand out as different from the competition. Customer Service is also great and responsive including a variety of tutorials which assist in making it even more user friendly.

Pros

The ease at which you can conduct video editing using Camtasia versus a lot of other competitors.

Cons

The template options are great but not a lot of variety unless you pay more for the upgrade

Randy
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Camtasia Pricey But Worth It

Reviewed on 18/11/2023

Camtasia creates the most professionally looking videos over the competetion. It lets you enjoy the learning experience while sharpening your skills. They have alot of confidence that you wont want any other software to do what you want to do hence the price of owning the software. It gets high ratings and many A+ reviews.

Pros

Camtasia is the best out there for creating videos in my opinion. The many features and professional looking videos will capture your mind. All this while allowing you to really enjoy creating videos while learning new skills is what sets this far apart from the others.

Cons

This is expensive software. Like part of their slogan goes, Easy enough for anyone, powerful enough to be your video solution for life
Camtasia goes for $179.88 billed yearly but if you want to keep it for life, you can at the tune of $299.99.

Roshish
Roshish
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

One of the best screen recorder I have used

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Pros

I had a YouTube channel and I would use camtasia to record my screen. It was really easy to get started with. It was simple and I record a lot of good quality videos to upload to YouTube. I had also tried OBS but since I had a low-end PC it was quite laggy but camtasia was running flawlessly.

Cons

It did not have as many features that I wish it had. But for beginners, it has all that is needed to get started with.

Elena
Elena
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use video editing

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

Pros

It has many features to video edit a video or screen record and make your video look like a professional video. The tutorial on hand are super helpful for any beginner

Cons

It could be a bit more user friendly. The options sometimes are not very clear on how to use.

Nicki
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Success with Camtasia

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

I have really enjoyed using Camtasia. I just it on a weekly bases.

I have really enjoyed using Camtasia. I just it on a weekly bases.

Pros

I really like how user friendly Camtasia is for learning and creating quick videos. I use the tool for creating company wide training and it is very easy to screen record and edit our training.

Cons

The available shapes and media for dragging and dropping into the tool are great. There are a lot of options but I would always be open to more options.

Jill
  • Industry: Insurance

Camtasia - Easiest Full-Featured Video Product

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

I love this product. I have been using it for over 10 years.

I love this product. I have been using it for over 10 years.

Pros

It is very easy to learn and use. It allows me to capture a screen recording while also recording my voice. You can integrate it with PowerPoint to capture slides and make them a part of your video. The training videos accessible through Camtasia are very easy to follow and provide all of the information needed to make a great video.

Cons

Not all of the editing features are available for videos captured using other products, like meetings in Teams or GoToMeeting.

The first step towards video editing.

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

I have used it for a long time, I have been using it for more than 3 years, and after gaining experience with the video editing method and taking the basics, I began to dig deeper into more professional software.

Pros

Camtasia is the first program I have used in my life to edit my videos, had it not been for the use of this program in the beginning, I would not have been able to use more professional programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
I've used it for a long time and through it I've moved on and digging into other programs, and I admit it's an excellent program and a lot of people have gotten started with it.
I used it for two things, the first is to edit my videos, and the second is to record my screen
It is a very easy-to-use feature, the user interface is very simple, it has a lot of ready-made transitions between videos, as well as special transitions for texts, and also photo animations, you can put video subtitles, add graphic shapes and arrows, there are some sound effects that you can use very quickly In processing files and exporting videos.
Camtasia targets the novice user in this field, because you can create simple videos of very high quality.

Cons

Camtasia lacks the most important feature, which is automatic saving, when the power is cut off, all the project I was working on disappeared, and I had to go back to build the entire work
Also, it does not have professional transitions like in other programs, it is light, simple and limited in use.

Cs
Cs
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Business Saver

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

Pros

Camtasia is a versatile and powerful video editing and screen recording software that offers a wide range of features and tools for creating professional-quality videos. As someone who has used Camtasia extensively, I can confidently say that it is one of the best screen recording and video editing software available on the market today. One of the standout features of Camtasia is its user-friendly interface. Even if you have no prior experience with video editing, the software is intuitive and easy to use. The drag-and-drop interface allows you to quickly add elements to your videos, while the extensive library of templates and assets makes it easy to create professional-looking videos in no time. Another great feature of Camtasia is its screen recording capabilities. With Camtasia, you can easily record your computer screen, webcam, or both simultaneously. This is especially useful for creating tutorial videos or product demos, where you need to show users how to use a particular software or application. In conclusion, Camtasia is an excellent video editing and screen recording software that offers a wide range of features and tools for creating professional-looking videos. While it may be on the expensive side, its user-friendly interface, screen recording capabilities, and editing tools make it a worthwhile investment for anyone looking to create high-quality video content.

Cons

One downside of Camtasia is its price. Compared to other video editing software, Camtasia is on the more expensive side. However, if you're looking for a powerful and feature-rich tool that will help you create high-quality videos, Camtasia is definitely worth the investment.

Sven

Amazing Videosoftware Camtasia

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Overall, I'm happy that Camtasia was recommended to me. I have super-equipped software that I can use to create all of my videos and audios as an online course developer. Uploading to video platforms is also really quick and easy. It is a lot of fun to take pictures with the green screen and then display a news studio. Camtasia makes my job easier for me.

Pros

There are many functions and they are very intuitive. I was a beginner and quickly found success with my first beautiful video. You can merge many tracks for pictures, Power Point, music and speech. Videos and audios can be edited very nicely. Cutting is also very easy with the functions. There are plenty of ready-made templates in the internal library. Any format can also be imported from the computer. Price and performance are absolutely appropriate. I have signed a maintenance contract and can use the latest version with better and better functions every year. Great.

Cons

I found the many setting options a little difficult at the beginning. It took something to recognize the changes when attitudes were different.

A help display with a hint would be good if you create an intro, for example, and fill in the data. Kind of an indication that it is to be saved for further, later videos.

The result is very large files that I have moved to external hard drives. Importing them from there was cumbersome but feasible.

Mirza
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

More than just a screen recording software

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

Camtasia has made it easy to screen record, edit and upload videos all in one place. The ease of is really great. This is a one stop do it all type of software. You can add your own videos in addition to you screen recording too. The end quality of the product delivered by Camtasia is worth investing in it. If you're on the fence about it and need a push to get it, I definitely recommend it.

Pros

Camtasia is really easy to use even for beginners. There are lot of tutorials available on the Camtasia website to get started on the software. There are inbuilt video editing features or drop downs that make video editing a breeze. The screen capture feature is amazing and trouble free. All you need is a microphone and a screen to get started. Various pre-built animations can be added into your video to quicken the editing process. Video export options are also available to save videos in the desired format.

Cons

There is a very small learning curve that new users might find annoying at first but its ease of use becomes natural after a while. There are so many features available that you might get lost in it.

Addanki

Camtasia for Everything (Video editing, making new videos)

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Pros

Very flexible in use, drag and drop functionality is very quick.
While recording screen we have a very nice feature to select portion of are to record.
Video editing was very flexible, coming to the output it was very impressive output we will get after rendering the project.
We can be able to save the project in Camtasia file format in future edits also we can use these that was one of the very nice feature.
We can split video and audio out of any video that's a cool feature I like it very much.
If we want we can record our own voice and append to the video

Cons

Performance wise a bit slow in rendering the project and consuming lot of CPU space
Some video formats are not supporting in video editing (ex: .MKV, 4k etc.)
Cropping video is not that much flexible
So far these are the Cons I have seen

Sunjida
Sunjida
  • Industry: Media Production

It's a complete screen recording and video editing package for beginner.

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

If you need some basic or medium levels editing works, it will be great. Edit a video that isn't complex like Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro. I will recommend it to the beginner.

Pros

It's really easy to operate for any kind of user. The user experience is really cool. Only 1 or 2 tutorials are quite enough to master it. You can use it for many purposes like Screen recording, and video editing. The library is quite good for beginners not for advanced users. The screen recording feature is really cool.

Cons

If you want to create an advanced lower third or some advanced effect and transition you find the limitation. The render time is very lengthy to me compared to other software.

Filmora and Adobe After Effects

Reasons for Switching to Camtasia

Pricing
Zachary

Camtasia Review

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Pros

Camtasia has a lot of great features. It's super easy to learn for people with no experience creating videos. I had zero experience before I started creating software help videos at my company. There are also many videos and resources to teach you how to do different things.
The ability to group different tracks is very helpful for creating animations and saving time having to edit multiple tracks.
It has the ability to export to different places easily. This is convenient for uploading the videos to YouTube. It's also convenient to be able to export just small parts of a video quickly to see what it would look like.
We have different teams where I am at and it's easy to export and upload what we are working on and share libraries.

Cons

I do wish camtasia had better audio editing tools. The noise remover and ones they have tend to make things worse rather than better. There is another feature you can purchase in addition to camtasia that specializes in audio.
There are times when camtasia crashed and thankfully a separate backup is saved when that happens, but it can be frustrating when you get kicked off.
Wish there was a larger free library. While they do gave free icons, animations, etc the library you start with is small.

Sujata
  • Industry: Entertainment

Software with many features

Reviewed on 13/08/2023

Overall, it is a good software for beginners to learn and edit videos for posting in social media. However, it lacks many customizable features.

Pros

It is a very easy and simple video editing software to use. Any new user can use it to make a good and quality videos. The features are adequate for a complete video making and editing solutions.

Cons

It is a very costly software as compared to its competitors.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

My Go-To Software for Capturing and Editing Video

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

My overall experience with Camtasia has been extremely positive. I love the ability to separate audio and video tracks at the touch of a button. That feature has come in handy more times than I can count. And unlike other video editors I have worked with, Camtasia just works as I expect it to every time.

Pros

Camtasia is my go-to software for all things video, and also for audio. Its versatility and ease of use have any other software of this kind beat in my opinion. I can record a video or import video from almost any source and edit it quickly to produce final clips that I can then export and drop into an eLearning course, publish online or use in communication. If I could only have one program for handling video, Camtasia would be my choice every time.

Cons

I am hard-pressed to think of anything that I don't like about Camtasia. It does what it does very well without any fuss. The only thing I can say is that there is a lot going on on the screen with Camtasia and I have found it difficult to use on only a laptop screen at times. It is best used on a desktop screen or second monitor.

Stefanos

Camtasia review

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

I have been using Camtasia on a daily basis to perform screencasts, record my videos and edit them afterwards in order to produce high quality training materials for technical audiences. I am very happy with the overall performance and feature set of the software and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It covers my requirements as a beginner video producer and trainer.

Pros

Camtasia offers a boost in the process of video recording and editing. It features very high quality screen casting and high resolution .mp4 video output. Also Techsmith's training academy allows new video editors to obtain useful knowledge in the field of video production by offering courses to every new paid Camtasia subscription. Last but not least, Techsmith offers a rich library of assets and templates to use in your professionally looking video project.

Cons

Unfortunately Camtasia is not officially supported on Windows Server systems. I had a Windows Server 2019 box on which I would like to install it but this is not officially supported.

Siraj
Siraj

Camtasia - Best Video tool

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Camtasia is most commonly used tool for making videos and screen recording. Many channels on YouTube use it for screen recordings. It also gives an opportunity that you can add your desired audio or multimedia on your videos.

Pros

Camtasia studio is easy to learn and it has simple user interface. It is very popular for its screen recordings feature because it provide neat and professional quality result.
It provides many functionality to users to edit videos immediately and add effects and filters on it. I believe Camtasia studio is well worth the cost software due to its many options and simplicity.

Cons

It often show crashes and bugs while you are editing videos but the update which has auto save feature helped many users a lots.
You cannot do detailed customizations in camtasia studio as its competitors providing. Camtasia has a limited keyboard controls and also they missing many commands which make their keyboard commands weak and poor. I wish the price could be a little less for individuals that would be helpful.

Aziz

Camtasia | Software Reviews

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

Well, I enjoyed a lot using Camtasia a. It is very user friendly. I believe everyone loves this very much.

Pros

I use Camtasia for video editing purposes. It makes me feel good.
Well, Camtasia video recording software. It allows you to screen recording with astounding features, animations, and effects. A lot of features I like it more especially video transitions, great effects, and so on.

It was founded in the United States in 1987. Now It is gained much more popularity among YouTubers. They don’t have a free version but offer a free trial so that you can buy from them if you like it.

The price is $249 as a one-time payment per person.

Cons

It makes computer slow during rendering videos. That is why it takes a little bit of time to render videos

Grant
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

A good upgrade with room for more

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Overall, I'm happy with it and you will be, too.

Overall, I'm happy with it and you will be, too.

Pros

I needed this software for my new job as an instructional designer and I'm glad I made the investment. Previous I was using Techsmith Screenflow – while it's a good tool, it's only for Macs and doesn't work well for collaboration. This is easy to learn, feature-rich, and with enough tools for decent audio edting and treatment (and that's coming from a voiceover specialist). I love the certification courses and the community of support and webinars is fantastic.

Cons

Some of the Windows features aren't available for Macs, such as better support for captions (including .srt files). I would also appreciate having more advanced color correction, but I know that's a nice-to-have and not a need-to-have. And finally, why isn't there an iOS app version?

Harold

A very good video editor

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

I like it and I use it daily and like it. It's one of my favorite video editors

I like it and I use it daily and like it. It's one of my favorite video editors

Pros

It's easy to use, robust, and with nice features. It also offers different formats to export. Quality delivery is great. You can export to your computer and other apps such as Youtube, Vimeo and other social media apps. You can capture your PC screen and record voice narration.

Cons

It's kind of heavy to load and as other video editors needs a lot of resources of your PC. Does not offer other type of animations like cartoons or illustrations that other video editors offer nowadays

Richard

Edit Video like a Pro with Camtasia

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Camtasia is a simple video editing software which business owners can use to create video advertisement, jingles, podcast and many more to promote their business.

Pros

The feature of separating audio from a video file from a video file before editing and also Camtasia has the audio editing options which makes it flexible to work with. With Camtasia you don't need to be a video expert before using it and this has help a lot of business owners to create and edit their own video.

Cons

The limitation in editing shapes. Also unlike other similar software that come with lower third designs Camtasia can add such feature to increase their rating amongst others.