Later

Write a Review!
Marketing and scheduling tool for Instagram

4.4/5

384 Reviews for UK Users

Lawrence
Lawrence
  • Industry: Furniture

Great for social media management

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

I've used Later almost daily to schedule and manage my organization's social media presence. It is a very useful tool with many great features that is available for a price I haven't seen offered by any competitors. It is extremely detailed in its support for Instagram and Tik Tok as well (especially when scheduling stories), so if you're primarily using those platforms, you're sure to find Later to be extremely helpful.

Pros

It was extremely easy to schedule posts on several different accounts and manage media assets. Instagram analytics were also helpful in growing the company's following. It offers a lot of useful features for a relatively low price.

Cons

It could certainly use more detailed analytics for platforms other than Instagram and TikTok. I also wish there was a way to duplicate/clone posts. When managing pictures and images, it does not store the original file, and when editing pictures for different platform, there is no way to save custom settings.

Sprout Social , Semrush and Hootsuite

Reasons for Switching to Later

Amazing value for what it offers.
Darien
Darien
  • Used for 1+ year

Well designed Social Media Management platform with a fatal flaw

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Overall, Later was an incredible platform that offers some incredible features at a price point that cannot be beat - serving as the primary social media management platform for our team for well over a year. However, due to a lack of customer support surrounding a key feature consistently breaking, we were forced to give up on Later and move to competing products.

Pros

Later is an incredibly well-designed platform that offers the best user-interface and planning features I've encountered across social media management platforms. Setting up Later with our Instagram & Facebook accounts was a breeze, as was configuring the platform to fit my specific needs with custom post-schedules, and their visual planner (offering week views, monthly views & even a profile view) - all available at their free tiered platform. Pay a couple bucks a month, and you get access to even more features - such as suggested posting times (truly an incredible feature), video posting, instagram story posting, and team management options (such as Contributors) that are truly unbeatable at the price Later offers them.

Cons

While Later's platform was absolutely stunning & incredibly user-friendly, my issue with Later stemmed from the continued issue of Later failing to post scheduled Instagram posts. I will say, I haven't used Later since late 2018 (so this issue may have been resolved); but I was continually dealing with this issue for over 6 months - with a scheduled post failing to post, the Later platform marking the post as "failed to post", and Later refusing to notify me of the failure - despite their fallback feature of notifying the user via the app when a post fails to get posted.

With this issue I contacted support, but got given the run-around "Instagram's API" was down (seems to have happened a lot while I was with Later and never when I switched to another platform), so I begrudgingly made the decision to switch to a more expensive & less featured platform that would auto-post to instagram.

As I mentioned previously however, this issue may have been resolved in the past 1.5 years since I used the platform.

Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Later

Originally chose Later over Buffer for the features available and the easier user-interface
yas
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

would be great, if only it worked flawlessly

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Was quite excited when I saw it recommended as a tool which is easy to use yet offers a lot more functions than e.g. meta business suite or canva. I was however dissappointed as it didn't allow for quite a few things and a lot of the things only work on the higher premium plans, and a lot of glitches. So in the end I didn't really save as much time as I had hoped. If I were to continue with social media managament I would move to a paid plan, which is affordable, as the free plan in the end did not give me much convenience and time-saving over other tools. But they should then definitely integrate Canva for media creation.

Pros

easy to use , allows to schedule insta, Facebook AND LinkedIn in one tool. integrated hashtag tool, can save captions for later use.

Cons

it's still not a one-in-all solution I was hoping for. Still have do use multyiple tools to manage linkedIn, FB and Insta for one account. No proposed scheduling times for LinkedIn, no canva integration. no proposed scheduling times for linkedIn, scheduled posts repeatedly didn't show up on the calendar, a saved draft is only accessible after a couple of days , an automatic post didn't show the uploaded media when it appeared on linkedIn, the analytics were non-existent/only available for higher paid plans, etc. I was doing my head in to figure out what is going wring, so I didn't really dave time,

Monique
  • Industry: Photography

The best scheduler for instagram and twitter posts

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

I have to batch create content. I work for a photographer and I do one post a day for him. Later has helped grow the following by scheduling posts at good times of day to get a lot of engagement and it offers hashtag suggestions too. the best solution for a social media content creator.

Pros

I love how easy it is on Later either via browser or mobile app to simply upload your media and drag it into a day and write the post. it's easy to add a link in bio. you can also see the best times to post, and put the posts in that slot. it has been helpful to batch create weeks worth of posts at a time.

Cons

sometimes later "loses connection" with the social profiles for no reason and you need to reconnect and every now and then, the reconnect fails.

Haley

Great 3rd Party Scheduling App Option

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

Very user-friendly and has great insights and tools. I prefer this over HootSuite and other competitors. I also have loved the option of posting automatically or manually and the app on a mobile device is easy to use.

Pros

I loved the suggested hashtag feature, saves so much time when posting to Instagram! It's also a very easy-to-use software for scheduling feed posts and stories.

Cons

The price for multiple accounts is what has moved me to Facebook Business Suite. With a real estate company, we have multiple agents with social media, and it's too much of a cost when there's a free option for multiple accounts.

Ricky

Easiest Social Media Scheduler There Is

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Overall Later is my go to software for automating and scheduling post for my social media campaigns and personal brand.

Pros

What I like most about this software is it’s visual planner for Instagram feeds which allows you visually organize your posts before they are published as opposed to other tools that don’t allow you to see how a group of automated posts will look on your brands page. Another Instagram feature that I like the most is it’s newest add-on which allows you to create and automate Instagram stories from within the software itself.

Cons

What I like least about this software is it lack of features for other social media platforms like Facebook compared to its multitude of features for Instagram.

Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Later

I chose Later over Buffer because overall it was an easier program to understand and navigate while offering features that I was specifically seeking such as it it’s visual Instagram post planner.
John
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great social media management platform!

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Pros

I love that we are able to connect with both our Facebook and Instagram profiles and schedule content from one platform. Before finding Later, I was signing into two social media accounts and creating the same content on both. This software allows me to create one post that is sent to multiple channels, all from one interface. This eliminates having to login to multiple account and also eliminates the potential of get lost in the endless news and image feeds!

Cons

I wish they offered a desktop app instead of needing to be in a web browser. This is a minor inconvenience, but would be a huge plus if they added this as a feature.

Karel
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Really useful app to autopublish on social media

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

This app is really usefull. Its really easy to manage. You will save lot of time with this app and you will be able to post more frequently with that.

Pros

Easy to use even the first time
The functionnality to preview your feed is really helpful on instagram
The freemium version is already enough if you only have one account to manage.
One of my Instagram account is exclusively manage with this freemium saas

Cons

Not easy to manage the carrousels in the freemium app. Every time i have to planned one i have difficulties.
Except that, I'm fully satisfied

Reasons for Switching to Later

Easier to manage Possibility to preview the feed.

It serves a purpose, but I have no loyalty to it.

Reviewed on 24/09/2021

It scheduled the post. It gave me analytics. It didn't allow me to schedule images as nicely as Planoly.

Pros

Their link in bio and that I can schedule posts from different platforms.

Cons

I didn't think it was special enough. I found Facebook Business suite did the same job for free.

Reasons for Choosing Later

For the link in bio. It was cheaper

Reasons for Switching to Later

For the link in bio, but I'm not convinced it was worth it.
Nia

It's a great product but there are better options

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

I have liked it and used it often but it's not the best on the market anymore. It just has the brand name recognizeability.

Pros

I like that it's simple, easy, and straightforward. For what it does, it works and does the job well.

Cons

I hate the price point. I used to think that this was the best deal I could get for a scheduling software, but I have since found other options that work better and go the distance! I will not be returning to Later if they don't uplevel their pricing and features soon!

Reasons for Choosing Later

Wanted better features than Planoly offered originally.

Katie

Visually pleasing and proficient piece of tech

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

This tool is great for short-term and long-term organisation. It allows you to visually map out your brand story through Insta, and gives larger teams structure to work on the details of organizing hashtags, choosing visually consistent messaging and planning each post. The conversation tool is a smart function, and the general layout is very easy and intuitive to use from the get-go.
Ps. The blog offers some pretty useful insight too. All in all, I really like this brand.

Pros

The layout is smashing. Being able to view a calendar and also a 'bank' of images is a great idea. I've played around with other services and Later by far offers one of the 'cleanest' and easiest to use interfaces.

I've introduced this product to a small-sized start-up I am freelancing for (replacing Hootsuite) and they've seen a consistent increase in engagement on Insta. The price plans are fair and allow for smaller clients looking to develop side-projects, like another of my clients who considers himself a 'technophobe', but has now started his own Insta channel to support his blog. After a few training sessions, the platform is so easy that he's now managing his own hashtags and scheduling with a few pointers from me.

So, to summarise: good free option, fair pricing scale for smaller companies, great features (scheduling, hashtag finder, conversation manager), very easy to use platform. Remember, this comes from someone who is working as a freelance content writer and content strategist. My clients are mostly startups and individual professionals (ie consultants). My experience with later, therefore, is limited to the free plan and smaller pricing plans - I've not used the Brand/Starter packs for business.

Cons

I'm scraping the barrel here...

The hashtag function is pretty smart, but beware - whilst it recommends hashtags within the topic, the hashtags themselves can go beyond irrelevant and become downright inappropriate (I have experienced on more than one occasion googling (instagoogling?) the hashtags recommended by Later's tool and getting a lot of 'modeling' pics eg #gorgeousview, a hashtag related to #stunningview etc - half-naked chicks wasn't the vibe/audience the client was going for. Not exactly Later's fault, but something to be warned of that it looks like a 'quick fix' to a part of the Instagramming that really takes time and effort to research and execute properly.

That's about all the complaining I can do.

Cathy

Life Saver!

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Excellent. I requested a feature (schedule IG stories) and within a few months it was implemented! I was very happy to see that!@

Pros

Later is a lifesaver for all digital marketers. I am a freelancer with multiple clients, and I use later to help organize, plan and schedule all my digital marketing assets. Later works seemlessly with IG, FB and Tik. Later offers both monthly and weekly calendar view so that you can get both a detailed and overall view of each accounts posts.

Cons

One feature I would like Later to consider implementing is "national SM holiday" reminders. It would be nice to see things like "Starwars Day" or "National Donut Day" already loaded onto their calendars - as a sort of reminder to myself to create content for that holiday (if you so chose)

Samantha
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Later for Instagram/Facebook Scheduling

Reviewed on 14/12/2023

I am happy with Later and will continue to use it.

I am happy with Later and will continue to use it.

Pros

Later makes it easy to organize our content and publish it to our social media platforms in advance. I like to batch this task and have been using Later for it for several years now. It is simple enough to not over complicate the job and has enough tools and options to make it quick and easy.

Cons

Sometimes it can't save videos or reels due to the length of them or I will receive another random error message that doesn't actually tell me why it failed.

PJ

Great Scheduler for FB and IG

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Pros

Later's best feature is planning your posts on IG and FB, and seeing how these would appear on your feed. This makes it easier to curate the feeds of businesses. It also allows you to schedule the first comment, and this is useful for whenever you want to use hashtags and don't want to mess up the caption. It is also easy to collaborate with clients because you can send them a link to the calendar and they do not need a Later account to collaborate with you.

Cons

The only downside to this software is the necessity to refresh your connection tokens way too often. Also, there is no option to save posts as drafts.

HeyOrca
Renee

Love this program!

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

I can go on vacation and not worry that my Team's social media channels will be without content while I am gone. It is so seamless people think I never take a vacation!

And my Team Members have access to the social media admin side, so they can delete or edit anything that is posted while I'm unreachable.

Pros

I love later because I can schedule social media posts for times of the day when I am not in the office and when I am on vacation. It is easy to upload content to the site, and you can see which items have been used and which haven't. You can schedule multiple posts with the same content for different days. You can schedule posts for a variety of social media programs.

Cons

Using the free version, you are limited in the number of posts that you can schedule per month. And you can't see the statistics on which posts were viewed the most to know the best time of day to schedule.

It is annoying to have to refresh the connections to your social media sites.

Later is my favorite scheduling tool!

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

I have used Later for several different social media clients, all with great results. I even recommended Later for the Communications Team for a local non-profit, and they are using it with ease.

Pros

I love the features Later has implemented in the past 6 months. Every new update addresses an issue I had, or honestly didn't know I had. This is by far my favorite tool for scheduling client's social media.

Cons

I would love to be able to post multiple photos to Instagram instead of having the push notification to publish manually. Other than, I really have no complaints.

Guy
Guy

Simple social scheduling

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

I'm sure there are lots more functions I don't use, but for me, it does the simple stuff really well

Pros

Posting across multiple channels easily and scheduling posts to be sent in the future. Adding media and tagging partners in posts

Cons

Just the limitations on the free version, but there needs to be a reason to upgrade!

Asana

Cost and functionality

Lucy

Their Support Team is Terrible

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

While their software is good, it does not outweigh the fact that I am losing clients because they can't be bothered to respond to my emails or chats.

Pros

I really like Later's easy to use features. It's very good for visually scheduling Instagram posts.

Cons

I have been emailing them for over 72 hours trying to add two new Instagram profiles to my account. I've sent multiple emails & chats with no response.

It's extremely upsetting that they're are causing turmoil in my on-boarding process especially when I am trying to pay them more money.

If they're going to take 48-72 hours to get back to paying customers, please just allow us to automatically add new accounts on our end.

Sprout Social and Crowdfire

Price
Donae
  • Industry: Entertainment

Review of Later

Reviewed on 23/09/2022

Overall it’s a great tool to use and helps me to get my content on my social media easily and more effectively. I highly recommend them.

Pros

I love everything about this software. I have used it to manage all my social media platforms. I like the ability to plan my content on a daily basis once, then upload them to all my platforms at a scheduled time. I also love the Instagram planning feature that enable my content to flow seamlessly. I also like the Instagram link in bio feature for posts. It helps me to provide links for my blog and other related features on my website.

Cons

I do not like the price that I have to pay and wish it was more affordable, especially for low budget companies. They use to initially offer at least 30 posts for all social media platforms on the free plan but took that option away. I would love for them to include that again.

Fraser
Fraser

Organize and schedule your social media posts in advance

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

It allows us to let a different guest astrophotographer post photos to our Instagram every day without a lot of work. An incredibly valuable tool that we totally rely on.

Pros

We let a different astrophotographer "take over" our Instagram account every day and post three of their pictures to our audience. Later makes this incredibly easy for astrophotographers to queue up their pictures (each of which is interacting with Later for the first time), but still gives us control over making sure they're good quality before we post them.

Cons

They have similar functionality for Twitter and Facebook but it's automatically, so it doesn't serve the same purpose for us.

Rachel

Does the Job... Once You Figure It Out

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Later gets the job done, but some people on our team prefer to post directly in Instagram and schedule Facebook posts using Facebook's own post-scheduling function, particularly with multi-image posts that require manual action for the post to go live.

Pros

Our team has been able to schedule image-based posts to Instagram and Facebook as far in advance as we're able. They've recently added the ability to schedule a post across multiple accounts, which is much easier now that you don't have to copy/paste from one to the other. We can upload all the images we want to use at once and then schedule them out as needed.

Cons

You must start with an image, rather than writing content and adding an image later. Multi-image posts can be created and scheduled in Later on the computer but must be manually posted via the mobile app when the time comes. To use Later well for Instagram and Facebook, you MUST have an Instagram business account and it MUST be linked to a Facebook page.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Later has helped my Instagram become more dynamic.

Reviewed on 06/04/2023

The linkin.bio feature has become indispensable for my clients. It has even helped me get new clients for and online magazine.

Pros

The feature that I like the most about Later is the linkin.bio, I use it everyday. One of my accounts is a online magazine, so when users want to read the article featured on a post, they can click the link in bio and it will take them directly to the article, this is a very important feature and has helped me get new clients.

Cons

The "post block" dynamic for scheduling is very confusing.

MJ

Love Later!

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Was looking for an IG scheduling app and this is the first I tried -- and I love it. So handy and easy to use. Love that I can use my computer and not a phone to post. But it is also accessible via phone so a win-win. I feel much more organized using Later.

Pros

I just started using later about 6 months ago to schedule my IG posts. It's so much easier using my laptop to compose and post IG posts than a phone! I love how I can upload a bunch of posts into the library and have them ready, and schedule them out for days. Also love that I can post to IG and FB at the same time! Keep tags in a little library, too, and can paste them in as needed. So handy!

Cons

I know I can't complain about a free version but I do with I could schedule videos and multiple images. That's about the only shortfall for me so far. But that's on me. It was really done everything I've needed so far.

Kaylee
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Later Used for Posting to Instagram

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Pros

My company has been using Later.com to post to Instagram. The ability to preview the feed is extremely helpful for planning content and allows for a gorgeous profile view of your content. Additionally, Later comes with the "link in bio" feature, which allows for us to send users to various posts.

Cons

Using Later from a phone can be difficult, especially if you want to reschedule a post after you have already received the notification that it was supposed to be published.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Definitely Worth a Try

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Pros

I think the interface and use of AI is really valuable and easy to use. That being said my profiles are constantly disconnected.

Cons

That IG goes to notify rather than auto post and you have to change that each time.

HubSpot Marketing Hub