Filmora

Video editing software for marketing businesses

4.4/5

Filmora Monthly usage

Reviewed on 21/04/2023

Experience is good. This app suits me well for the result I want from it

Experience is good. This app suits me well for the result I want from it

Pros

I like the app still having a perpetual plan where you can buy a license for 1 year. When the period ends, you still have access and a license for the product, you don't lose it, but you don't have free updates anymore.

Cons

Rendering Output quality is far from perfect and the Effects presented in the Media Library are far from looking professional, for any use case except for a personal video

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Filmora: The ultimate video editing tool for social media content creators.

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

As an IT intern at the University, I had the opportunity to use Filmora to create tutorial videos and promotional materials. My experience with the tool was very positive. The user interface was very easy to use, and I was able to create professional-looking videos quickly. Additionally, the tool includes a wide variety of templates and effects that allowed me to create more attractive videos. I also appreciated the audio library, which helped me improve the audio quality of some videos.

Pros

Filmora is a comprehensive video editing tool that is suitable for beginners and professionals alike. The user interface is easy to navigate, and the tool includes a wide variety of templates, filters, and effects to enhance your videos. Additionally, Filmora has a vast library of audio tracks that you can use to enhance your videos' audio quality. The tool also allows for screen recording, making it an excellent option for creating tutorial videos.

Cons

One of the main limitations of Filmora is that it can be a bit slow when processing high-resolution videos or larger projects. Additionally, some advanced features may be challenging to find in the user interface, so users may need to do additional research to discover all the tool's capabilities. Finally, Filmora's pricing model can be a bit confusing, as there are different subscription options, some of which may not include all the features.

Curt
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Stay away from the company

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

They are very unethical. They basically force you into an upgrade to be able to complete your edit and then when you ask for a refund they tell you they don't do refunds.

I was working on an edit on V12, which is fine for the little work I do, and I kept getting messages to upgrade to v13. I have a "perpetual" License and they didn't say there was a charge for the upgrade so I clicked "Upgrade" HUGE mistake. Once you click that button you can't get out of it without paying the ransom. I will never buy from this company again and you shouldn't either.

Pros

The product is average. Interface is not real intutitive.

Cons

There customer service is AWFUL. I tried to get a refund for V13, that I was basically forced into the upgrade. After being told I would be connected in 5 minutes, I finally was connected with someone who had heavy foreign accent after 20+ minutes. I explained my problem and that I would like a refund and she refused.

Response from Wondershare

Hi Curt, I understand that it is very important for users to get help timely when he/she has trouble using the product. We'll keep improving and bring a better experience for each user.

Normally, we desperately hope to know the user's real thoughts when he/she requests a refund if there is no issue with the product itself. So that we can provide some suggestions or make further improvements in a targeted manner. This is the reason our support may explain more details regarding our refund policy according to your actual situation and didn't process a refund in the first place. Seek your kind understanding.

Knowing you've already contacted us, you've already contacted us, could you please update the ticket number here? Your patience is highly appreciated!

Anouar

A very nice and simple program, Filmora, is suitable for everyone

Reviewed on 12/03/2023

My experience is beautiful and I recommend it to anyone who is a beginner, easy and simple. All devices do not require high specifications.

Pros

Extracting the video is simple in several formats He shows you even how many MB or GB in size before extracting the video. You can share it on YouTube directly and extract the video in several formats. Beautiful sound effects if it is not enough to carry it. It has transition effects in a beautiful and distinctive video.Yes, it is easy to use, at the beginning it is a little difficult, but with the continuity of experience it will be easy, and the program works on all computers, even weak computers, and a beautiful design, all versions and types of Filmorathe prices :Suitable and cheap, it gives you a 7-day trial before choosing a plan. Each plan has its own advantagesPlus These are limited features so you knowCreative Assets Pro-Quality Visual Effects Template PresetsPortrait Matting Effects Filmora Cloud Storage ServiceFilmora Cloud Storage Minutes of Speech-To-Text

Cons

The program has flaws, but development is underway and it will improve more and more. An excellent program, according to my experience and according to many people in the worldWhat matters is its shortcomingsIt does not have full comprehensive featuresIn the first plan, only $ 49.99 is supported for Windows, in the opinion of why it is not in the Mac, Android and iPhone systemThey will bring in multiple customersThere is no payment in installments. There are people who can pay in installments that I know personally, despite a special price

Timothy
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Filmora Video Editing Software: Create Pro-Level Videos with ease

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

I love Filmora. It is the perfect fit for me. I make simple yet professional social media videos with it, and for me and most everyday people, that is enough.

Pros

1. Video editing - it allows you to edit videos by adding effects, transitions, and titles.

2. Audio editing - it lets you adjust audio levels and add background music for your video.

3. Motion graphics - this feature allows you to create custom animations with the help of the built-in templates and assets library.

4. 3D animation - this feature enables users to animate their videos by using 3D objects and backgrounds from the library or importing their own 3D models into Filmora's interface.

Cons

I only have one thing I am a bit disappointed about, and that is the price. They have a tier system like many companies for their templates, effects, audio library, etc; the free, standard, and premium options. I use it for free and always have. However, since the premium and standard have some top-shelf stuff, the cost can add up after a while, so I avoid it and do just fine.

• Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Don't Buy: They keep stealing your money

Reviewed on 17/12/2023

Pros

It only steals my money once a year or so.

Cons

This is how they continuously steal money from me:

1) "An updated version of Filmora is available, would you like to install it?"
2) I click yes. It installs.
3) I spend many hours making a project. Then when I go to export it...
4) "You are using the free version of this updated software. Would you like to export with watermark, or purchase the watermark-free version?"
5) I click neither, and opt to go back to the previous version of Filmora that I had already purchased.
6) The project that I spent many hours working will not open in the previous version.

Thus, I have to choose between paying for the new version, exporting with a watermark, or starting the project all over again. I fell for this once, forgot about it, then fell for it again today. I am sadly paying for yet another update of Filmora that I don't necessarily want, but am forced to pay for lest I lose many hours of work. They won't fool me again. Even though I purchased their latest update today, I'm immediately deleting the program and never using it again.

Response from Wondershare

We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with the Filmora upgrade. I'd like to address your concerns one by one, hopefully, it will help you.

There are some effects, resources, and features that are updated on version 13, this is the reason that the project created in 13 couldn't be opened in an older version. You may contact the Filmora team to request a temporary license to export your current project and then edit new projects on the version 12 you purchased.

The current Filmora 13 is an amazing new version with AI-related features bringing the tool to a new level. That is why we specified in our license policy that users who have a perpetual license might be charged for a major upgrade. However, users who own a lifetime plan since Filmora9 or an older version can upgrade to the latest version for free. Please drop an email at [email protected] if you need assistance further. Thank you!

Mashudu Hilary

Make a great quality video with Filmora

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

I use Filmora for both home videos and content which I create professionally for my gigs when freelancing. There is plenty of functionality to choose from and the possibilities of what I can do with my videos are endless. Filmora has made video editing a breeze, I can do it myself and I don't have to break the bank while I'm at it. I have so much control with Filmora.

Pros

Almost every single tool that I need to make a quality video, I am sure to find on Filmora. To start with, I like how it is very easy to import media from the device to the software for editing. I am able to add any audio or image to my video and sync them perfectly. I can combine or split different videos and I love how I can fade in or fade out audio. There is a myriad of transitions, tittles and subtitles which I can customize by applying and changing fonts or colors and I can also animate the same. It offers a wide range of effects which I can preview before applying making it easy for me to pick just the right one. Furthermore, I can add a custom logo, add text and animation which makes it more exciting. I found that texts are customizable by the use of colour grading tools for perfect matching and this makes my videos look more fun. Lastly, there are many options under which I can file my project.

Cons

In as much as there are a lot of video/picture editing features, I found the audio editing features to be a bit limited. It is also a bit difficult to access media which is uploaded to the cloud. I would say Filmora is easy to use however in my case I had to watch a few tutorials before I could start editing. Nevertheless, I was able to grasp the concept. Lastly, I have encountered an issue where the software lags or crashes and in the process takes away precious work and time put into it.

Perfect for getting started with video editing

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

I use it everyday and make YouTube videos for my clients. easy to create eye catching videos.

Pros

It's like easy! just drop some video and photos and put a music under it and DONE! you have your video. It has a good amount of transitions and video effects. Some solid colors and objects that you may use. The export quality is fantastic.

Cons

The editing part is a bit weird, it's like you are driving in UK, I'm not sure why they chose to reverse clipping and cutting videos. Most of the time I have to focus on not screwing up the video timeline but accidently deleting or editing a clip. I hope they change it to a more universal editing mode.

George Rex
George Rex
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Better Alternative to Adobe Premiere Pro

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

I've really become a good video editor by just the use of Filmora, self-taught. Filmora made me realize that video editing was no rocket science after all.

Pros

Filmora was easier to use than Adobe Premiere Pro. The fact that I could do simple adjustments like audio detaching and clip transitions were really amazing. The pack of beautiful transitions and effects are without doubt very impressive.

Cons

I really don't fancy why and how newer versions of Filmora cannot open project files built with older versions of the software, like two major updates backwards.

For example, I tried opening a Filmora 8 project with Filmora X (i.e. version 10), it refused to open or even convert the file to a newer version. I don't know why this is happening, but to me, it is not applaudable.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Filmora Regular Usage Review

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

My Overall experience with filmora was amazing.

My Overall experience with filmora was amazing.

Pros

I love the software's advancedness with video editing, there is nothing less than the top of what you can do with filmora for the fantastic availability.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it is not that simple to understand off the bat, but after a while it is gettable.

Aria
  • Industry: Publishing

Simplest But Powerful Video Editor Ever

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

I've been a professional video editor for many years, I used many software before I found Filmora, and now I can't leave my new PC without installed this editing tool.

Pros

Lightweight, ease of use. I never have other software that not really resource consuming in video editing. The rendering process is also very fast and the quality is good.

Cons

Online functionalities somehow are too much, people need to be given freedom about how to use this software and where to publish their works.

Adobe Premiere Pro

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Lighter weight in software size and resource requirements, faster performance.

Pinnacle Studio

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

Lower price
Eduardo

A great program for editing videos

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

It is a program that I have liked a lot, I have created a large number of videos with this software and it has facilitated some work when it comes to customizing them, as a content editor it has been one of the best programs I have used.

Pros

It has a very friendly interface that makes it easier to edit your first video, it has a large number of effects, filters, transitions and more tools so you can get a high-quality and professional video.

Cons

It can be a very heavy program, it can slow down certain teams, I would like it to have more tools for the audio section as effects since your options for audio are very scarce.

Majeed Mohammed

Packed with very great features

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Filmora is a very wonderful video editing software. What I find most useful about Filmora is that it has found a very practical great middle-ground niche -- which is that it has fairly advanced features that make it very versatile and useful, but not too sophisticated to require a high learning curve and significant skill to master.

Pros

The set of features on offer is truly amazing for such an easy-to-learn software. I particularly found their pre-made 3D LUTS and video stabilization functions surprisingly effective and easier to execute that in other more sophisticated video editing software I had used in the past.

Cons

The text options can be expanded to provide much more variety than is currently available. Editing big content can also be a bit laggy at times.

James

Filmora editing software.

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

it has options that my other editor does not have and those are the ones I need often so I use it in conjunction with the other one.

Pros

I create a lot of videos and use two different software programs for my videos however I need both and Filmora is definably one of those.

Cons

it needs a few more movie quality intros and outros other than that it's a needed editor.

Pixabay, Clipchamp and Wondershare Fotophire

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

the overall needed options and it's easy to use functions.

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for your love of this software. Glad to hear that Filmora could help you to do a good video editing experience. Regarding your suggestion of more movie-quality intros and outros, would you please talk about more details about the effect you want to achieve or customize? You may drop an email at [email protected]. Our product team will discuss it with you further and then improve this software in a targeted manner. Thanks a lot for your time and patience!

Matt
  • Industry: Media Production

Quick to Learn/Use, Powerful Enough for 99% People, Best Performance-to-Price Ratio

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

My editing skills grow with Filmora. I started using it when it was version 7. As they upgrade, my editing skills continue to improve. I have been using Final Cut Pro in the past with my iMac. But as soon as I switched to PC, I need something that I can quickly get going. In many ways, the interface is somewhat similar to Final Cut and I was able to adapt to Filmora quite quickly.

Pros

- Fast editing workflow (simple, yet everything is there)- Very stable editing environment (zero crash, except previous version Filmora X)- Make full use of a graphic card capability (I am using GeForce RTX3060)- Relatively fast rendering (not the fastest in the market, but fast enough)- Many of the advanced functions from Filmora Pro (a higher-tier version of Filmora) is now available in Filmora- The Filmora Effect Store has tons of add-on to choose from (for a reasonable price)

Cons

- Filmora X was one of the most disappointing version. It crashed quite often if the project gets bigger. But it is a thing in the past now. Filmora 11 is very stable and version 12 beta is out. I did not experience such things in version 11.- Rendering speed is fast, but can be faster. I noticed the CPU usage is relatively low during the rendering phase. Maybe more optimizations algorithm can be deployed in the future version.- The colour grading / correction function is relatively primitive. But still good enough for most people.

thenuka
  • Industry: Online Media

Best Video editing/Creating software for everyone

Reviewed on 04/06/2020

so overall when compared to the price you pay, this software package is a great deal for everyone.

Pros

This software is one of the most easiest software that a person can use. It basically includes almost all the feature you need to edit a video. The best thing is, you do not need to have any sort of knowledge to use it. you will eventually figure out what to do. the platform is very user friendly. It also features a lot of things like chroma key and other effects that you need to create a professional video. It also come with those ever growing effect pack which make the video look amazing. I have been using filmora since I started my high school and I am still using this to create my videos. I think this is the best deal that you can for for this price. When compared to other video editors, this provides the user a good experience even for beginners.

Cons

There are plenty of things to be improved as well. The designing side is missing from this software. If I need to design or invent some graphic content, I don't think that I can do it within the software itself. and the other thing is, it takes a lot of time when saving a video. and there are some transitions which are too cartoony. I can only add 2 videos tracks. So i think this software will be better with more professional looking effects, transition and also with a designing tools which will make this software package complete.

Kriti
Kriti
  • Industry: Entertainment

Fast and Friendly Video Editing Software for Content Creators!

Reviewed on 04/07/2021

If you have little to no knowledge of video editing, Wondershare's Filmora is your choice! You can create seamless, professional videos with the help of this software. Features that are a bit hard to get hold of in industry-accepted video editing softwares can easily be found here, and editing techniques like pan and zoom, speed effects, etc., can be applied with just a click of a button. It offers a number of user-friendly features and basically spoils you for choices with its range of effects, transitions, overlays, and text options. I would recommend this software to anyone who has close to zero knowledge of video editing but doesn't wish to depend on someone else for this particular work.

Pros

Wondershare's Filmora is an extremely easy-to-use video editing software. It is apt for beginners and content creators who wish to edit their videos in the easiest and the fastest ways possible. It has an interface that's easy to use and navigate, an excellent variety of overlays, effects and transitions, and once gotten hold of it, one can even edit high-end videos like short films, music videos, even documentaries and features using this software, If given a chance, this software is good enough to replace many high-end video editing softwares.

Cons

As a filmmaker, I happen to know that video editing requires immense patience, and is an extremely time-consuming task. It's heartbreaking when you are almost finished with the project and the software decides to lag and eventually crash. Although this is not a unique feature of this particular feature and most video editing softwares happen to crash from time to time, Filmora is no different in this specific aspect.

NDEREYIMANA
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Best affordable and easy video editing software

Reviewed on 04/01/2021

Well i started using this in high school for quick video editing which at that time i used for basic needs which really helped me out for a time.
i have been considering this since high for an easy inexpensive and quick video editing software even i do use it sometimes in my church
Briefly, this software have been so useful to me than many.

Pros

i would recommend this software to any one who want an easy video editor with a high level of video editing features compared to other softwares which not only can be expensive but also not easy to use.
A great thing about this software is that not only its inexpensive but has a lot of features, templates ,themes,effects,tools and titles which may be not available in different other softwares for free.
This is a unique thing about this software,Producing a high quality video for almost nothing.
I love it.

Cons

Well i would like this program to add more and more tools compared to other programs like adobe premier
which could add more space to the users unlimited.
Filmora should add something about audio quality improvement on making videos and also add some sound effects in it.
The new upgraded version is so disappointing because it removed some features of the old one which were necessary like the video speed control.
Nothing more to dislike about this

John Erriz
John Erriz

Most Convenient tools for beginners to professionals when it comes to Video Editing

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

overall, I like filmora. I've been using it for almost a year now. It improves my viewers in youtube and tiktok

Pros

I like Filmora because it's very convenient, I like their pre-templated designs, split screens, and titles, Color grading is not that too complex compared to others.

Cons

they said before that their plans are lifetime, but suddenly they took it and change it to a perpetual plan, we can't update to a later version unless we pay an additional fee, and I don't like that. It's expensive

Response from Wondershare

Hi John. Thanks for your love of this software. I understand your confusion about our license policy, and we'd like to explain it in more detail and then assist you further.

The current Filmora 12 is an amazing new version with AI-related features bringing the tool to a new level. For such versions to launch, it requires our company to invest huge efforts, time, and technicians in the research and development of software. That is why we specified in our license policy that users who have a perpetual license might be charged for a major upgrade. However, users who own a lifetime plan since Filmora9 or an older version can upgrade to the latest version for free.

Or if ever you have any other inquiries or concerns, our lines are always open for you 24/7. You may also drop an email at [email protected]. It's our priority to continue providing top-notch service for you!

Adam
Adam

A Superb video editing software

Reviewed on 21/11/2021

The overall experience is great, I use Filmora from time to time when I need to render a quick video, and the software has never failed me, it's always possible to make videos in a way I envisioned them.

Pros

Filmora is a really affordable yet professional video editing software. It has a lot of features that can only be found in much more expensive editing software. The UI is really intuitive and easy to grasp. I've had little knowledge of video editing beforehand, but Filmora has made it really easy for me to learn it. Furthermore, it is constantly getting new updates that include more and more features, which is great. There is a huge variety of music and special effect to choose from, with them you can easily create great videos.

Cons

For some reason the software tends to log me out from time to time, it can get annoying when I'm done with editing a video and upon clicking the button to render it I get a message that I cannot render it since I don't have the premium version (I do, I just have to login back). Moreover, sometimes it might get difficult to grab exactly what you want on the editing timeline, and it can get really annoying.

Sanjeep
Sanjeep

Why I recommend Filmora?

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

Since I started cinematography, Filmora was my first software where I edit my first video. It was really easy and simple for me to learn and start. I recommend this lightweight video editing software

Pros

One of the good video editor is Filmora which is really suitable for Both beginner or Professionals. The reasons why I am recommending Filmora are mentioned below:
- Easy, Simple and Fast
- Lightweight and Clear GUI
- Free trial
- Rich in features and effects

Cons

Even Filmora is one of the better video editing software It has some rooms to be improved. According to my experience I have figure some point and It would have been better if mentioned below points are updated and improve:
- it would Better if there wasn't water mark on free trial
- Does not support all files
- Sometime cannot customize text, clip and sound

Hanseny
Hanseny
  • Industry: Media Production

Best software for video editing for the price

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

I have a new editor in my team and he didn't know this software the first day and that first day he did a 10 hours work , in like 2 to three hours. This software is so intuitive and simple to use.

Pros

Elegant, simple and effective interface for a video editing software. The best feature is the price. The second best feature is the easy way to use all the features.

Cons

Watermark on the free version. But it's a must on a software as good as this one. But other than that there’s no much that I can mention regards to the least I like.

Mamadou
Mamadou

Great video editing software

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

The ease with which high quality video can be produced is something I really like.

Pros

I like that filmora is well made, has a customized model, and can be used however the user sees fit. A video montage service that uses slide-and-place is quite simple. The interface is incredibly simple to use.

Cons

Some features, such color correction, fall short of expectations. We must complete it using a different piece of software before moving on to Filmora. Additionally, there aren't enough options for audio editing.

Filmora is the Best

Reviewed on 13/11/2021

Filmora has been phenomenal, with lots of functions, some that I didn't know I needed. I have learnt to better my videos. I would recommend it to all beginners, it's basic, and the user interface is easy to navigate, and in no time, you will be making quality videos. Not to mention you get all that at a great price, just the right price.

Pros

Starting as an amateur video maker, Filmora was the teacher I did not know I needed. Everything is so basic and simplified and gives you incredible results while spending less time doing it. I love the editing tools especially detaching audio, green screen, transitions and effects. Their audio library means there is no need to scout youtube for no copyright songs, as with Filmora, they have it all.

Cons

The saving video process takes long, that is, if it didn't crash on you and you have to start over, sometimes. I believe the bug has been fixed but Oh man! Fixing bugs takes forever. And the new Fimora X doesn't look any better than Filmora 9 for a new version.

Tauseef
  • Industry: Entertainment

The best and easy to use video editing software ever

Reviewed on 27/11/2020

I have been using this software for long for all my perosnal and professional videos, the most awsome thing in filmora is that it provide quality of effects, sounds, music and animation to the users for free.

Pros

I have been using Filmora since long, because it has a lot of free effects and musics and other video editing options that most of the software don't provide for free to their users.

Cons

The easiest software for video editing ever, I would say if one want to be a best video editor in a few days then there is no best choice than filmora.