Filmora

Video editing software for marketing businesses

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.2/5

Powerful Video Editing For Most Levels

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

I found it to be really good, especially for the price. Able to use and output various resolutions, codecs and formats. Has some mid-range to advanced features. Has more functionality and customisable elements than iMovie or Animoto, but doesn't cost as much anywhere near as much as Premiere Pro or other 'Pro' solutions.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn. Plenty of functionality and features to suit most needs. Delivers Pretty Good Results. Price of a perpetual license was very attractive.

Cons

I found the interface a bit clunky at times. The software crashed a few times unexpectedly. Creating titles and transitions seemed to take longer than necessary and the bundled title templates were limited for my uses.

Animoto

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Needed more functionality that iMovie didn't have. Wondershare offers very good pricing options.

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

Price and hardware requirements
Sanjeep L.

Why I recommend Filmora?

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

Since I started cinematography, Filmora was my first software where I edit my first video. It was really easy and simple for me to learn and start. I recommend this lightweight video editing software

Pros

One of the good video editor is Filmora which is really suitable for Both beginner or Professionals. The reasons why I am recommending Filmora are mentioned below:
- Easy, Simple and Fast
- Lightweight and Clear GUI
- Free trial
- Rich in features and effects

Cons

Even Filmora is one of the better video editing software It has some rooms to be improved. According to my experience I have figure some point and It would have been better if mentioned below points are updated and improve:
- it would Better if there wasn't water mark on free trial
- Does not support all files
- Sometime cannot customize text, clip and sound

Thurunu thathsara S.
  • Industry: Online Media

BEST SOFTWARE FOR EASY VIDEO EDITING AND VERY VALUABLE FOR THE PRICE

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

Overall of filmora is very excellent.Editing is very fast and easy.Not difficult to find the elements and effetcs.
easy to learn and easy to practise for beginners. Than other softwares filmora is the best and easiest software i found.With each video i edit i find a new tool and new way to edit the video and add effects,I am already familiar with it.

Pros

Filmora is not very expensive.you can adjust and edit the videos and sounds easily anyway you want.For the large number of users of filmora is more than good enough.And Filmora is very useful and easy for short film makers,youtubers,freelancers to do their task.And its very easy to import and export them.And you call work with all the file types.In filmora it is very easy to add effects..For me filmora is more than good enough.

Cons

Sometimes in cracked softwares of filmora some types of effects are not functioning.And it cannot be used to make excellent movies.you cannot add super effetcs and make super animated videos by filmora.

• Industry: Entertainment

Better than other similarly priced choices

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

I use filmora to edit videos for my youtube platform and the best benefit for me in using it is that it doesn't crash as much as iMovie (I know macs aren't supposed to crash but sometimes they do) AND you can do simple trims of videos without even adding them to the timeline- you can do it in the preview box.

Pros

Filmora is easy to use for simple tasks like editing video and creating videos from photos and audio.

Cons

No specific cons with the software itself but one drawback of using it is that unlike imovie, there aren't thousands and thousands of tutorial videos on youtube, and not everyone is using it, so it takes a few more minutes to dig up information on how to do a specific task.

Marco M.

If you're looking for an easy way of churning out good quality videos...Filmora is your...

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

The ability to make effective videos, in a matter of minutes! There's nothing better than being able to work magic with photos, videos, sounds and voice overs to create attractive content within an hour of sitting down. That's amazing.

I also love the fact that Filmora is constantly innovating and offering information on their blog, allowing me to learn I as use the product. They have a fun way of delivering content and a consideration for their customers that has made me a passionate fan for their cause. Go, Filmora!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I learnt how to use it within a few days of exploration.

I love how it simplifies the video-making process. There's nothing better than being able to use cool transitions, sound effects, fine editing and snipping and splicing tools in a matter of hours!

I also love how I can create gifs, use voice overs, and export my videos into a number of formats. The use for Filmora goes way beyond the price that I paid for it. Thank you for creating an amazing program that has really simplified my life in creating effective, eye-catching videos!

Cons

The one thing I see as a con is that I don't have a lot of room for creativity with headings, titles, etc. If I want more variety, I need to buy add on packs.

Anas G.
  • Industry: Design

Professional application

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Pros

First and foremost, this application is the first application you will consider if you want to edit a video, and this is not a normal thing! Your mind will not hesitate to think about it if you want to make a video! And to be honest, the app is really worth . ( Easy to use, no problems, fun and will make your editing professional )
Away from the advantages of using it, the thing that attracted me to use the application and by virtue of my specialty, is the shape and interface of the program (the logo, in its blue and white colours, reminds you of sea waves and gave you inspiration and creativity, really designing the logo from another planet !) So that the most important thing that attracted me to the application is Ease of use, you will not need an explanatory video on how to use, just enter and be creative .

Cons

Regarding the least thing I liked about the application, which is that there is nothing I do not like about it, I am talking honestly, since nine months ago while I used the application I did not find anything wrong with it (I find every effect I want, and every service I want, actually everything...) so I will not prolong the conversation you are in Banned the coolest video editing application at all .

Karla andreina G.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used for 2+ years

Best video editing software I have ever used

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

I love how easy filmora is, I have never had a big issue with it and overall the process of working with it has been extremely pleasent, I can honesly say without a doubt that I completely recommend it.

Pros

Something that I truly love about wondershare filmora es just how comfortable its workspace is, locating every video editing tool is extremely easy, and considering the fact that I'm not a graphic designer and I have created great videos I can honestly say that everybody can use it. The fact that it works just by dragging every file you want to combine and by setting the exact time where you want to alter either music, video sections, or adding animations makes really easy to work with it.

Cons

Something that has happened a lot for me and that I don't like, but that I understand, is that if the base file is large, then exporting the edited file is something that is going to take a vast amount of time, I would love if the process could be faster.

Marcos C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Video editing for the masses

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

Filmora is my go-to way of creating great looking videos easily. And most of the people I've shown it to have taken it onboard as well.

Pros

It's super easy to teach people how to use Filmora. I set up a small workshop for people to learn how to use it. In 2 hours, I had other people in the company making short videos for social media. Everyone loves how easy it is to use, and particularly, the motion graphics which come with the software make it a no-brainer. So easy to get a final product end-to-end with Filmora.

Cons

For how much it costs, I think Filmora is near-perfect in its video editing capabilities. But it definitely lacks in the audio department. I wish I could use more advanced keyframing for audio editing, as well as third-party VST plugins.

Luca B.

Filmora is the "cheap" version of the most advanced video editing software

Reviewed on 27/03/2021

I basically went for Filmora because we couldn't afford to change the computer and so I'm quite grateful to Filmora for that, although I can't say it's the best video editing software on the market... it does its job!
(clearly not for super-professional users.. but I guess no real PRO are considering moving to FIlmora)

Pros

Using Filmora is quite simple and intuitive. We started by testing Filmora9 and then, having determined that it was right for us, we moved on to FilmoraPro. In reality, they are two completely different programs: the Pro is definitely a more complete and complex program to use, so at the beginning, the learning curve was steeper than expected, but in a few hours of testing and following online video trials we managed to master its main functions!

What I did like the most is that it doesn't require a super-advanced Pc to run quite well (not perfectly, but good enough): with an old MacBook Air with i7 and 8Gb of RAM Filmora works!

Cons

The main problem we had with Filmora is that it crashes often... but I guess this is also due to the machine (the MacBook Air) not very powerful! And anyway, this problem is common with most video editing software!

And another aspect to point out is that it generates an incredibly huge Cache file, so it fills up 200Gb of HD in a few hours of work, especially while exporting...

Oh, the last thing: because it needs to be logged in to allow you to export without the "watermark" you'll always need to connect the Pc to the internet before exporting...

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

Easy, Quick And Powerful Video Editor

Reviewed on 01/12/2019

Overall Filmora come handy when we need to make a quick interesting video. Its easy to learn and it have the all the tools we need to make simple or little advance video.

Pros

Filmora is easy to install and easy to learn. So it is a great tool for a beginner to the video editing. Not only for beginners its a handy tool for others too when we need to make a short video clip in minutes. FIlmora has build in templates whenever we are in a hurry we just need to select one of those templates and done. It comes with some nice collections of audios, transitions and effects. Filmora support for Windows and Mac operating systems so you can use this software in both your PC and Mac. We can add up to 100 media layers to the Fimora so that we can make a great video clip. It has some interesting features like noise cancellation, green screen support and etc.

Cons

Some professional tools are missing which are necessary for advance video editing like custom animations and so more. I got the a problem with the software that sometime it get crashed when working on a video. So its better to save the project every time we make a change.

Bray B.

THE BEST DECISION EVER!

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

Love it! Best decision we’ve made as a company is switching to this product! Better or as good as competition.

Pros

Ease of use. Cost is way down and we even have a lifetime license. This is BETTER than Adobe suites when it comes to ease of use and cost. Love the layout and formats.

Cons

Wish they could combine the pro version and X version instead of it being separate. Wish they were combined and a package option.

Alessandra nicoll T.
  • Industry: Food Production

Great Video Editing Software

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

It has been an excellent experience with the best tools and the easiest way . Filmora has helped me to develop my work in a new level.

Pros

You can do anything with this video editing software,it allows you to create videos of all genres. You can start a video from photos and develop it easily with the advanced features that the program provides , such as video and audio controls , the different types of layers, a quantity of music without copyright and you can edit the video and export it at resolution of up to 4K . The integration of the program with the device is impressive, fast and secure.The support that Filmora does is excelent , if you don't know how to develop your video or use a tool , they have excelent videos about it. ¡They have thought about all the details for the user!

Cons

The feature that could be improved is the connection with its integration options with social networks, since sometimes it is taking longer than it should or it does not establish good connections when exporting videos.

Michelle M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Desktop publishing tool

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

I purchased the lifetime program which really lasted 3 years until they did a complete upgrade and forced me to buy the new program. Luckily I did purchase it because they had fixed a ton of bugs and the program now works better than ever.

Pros

I have used this platform for three years and have been so pleased with what I'm able to produced with it. Most people would never know I'm producing movie quality video on this platform, but I've won six local and regional awards for my work produced on this program.

Cons

Customer service is non-existent. I've not had great success getting answers of any kind out of this company.

Response from Wondershare

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Rohit R.
  • Industry: Media Production

The Savior For Low Specs PC Owners

Reviewed on 17/04/2020

It is a fantastic, video editing app for those who are using a low specs PC and want faster video editing. I loved using it.

Pros

It's lightweight and can run in most modern PCs without taking too much space.

It's way too fast, than what I expected. Easily processes videos in very little time.

Easy to use UI, You don't need to watch any tutorials to use Filmora.

Cons

It could have been a little cheaper. Price is too high to consider buying.

Crashes when rendering large video files, even when using it with a good specs PC.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Best tool for video makers

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Filmora is a great tool to make, create and edit videos. I use it to make Youtube Videos. I love the way it is operated. It's simple to use in comparison to other such video maker. Its in-built feature is awesome. I can add audio, images, pictures, text very easily. One best thing I like about Filmora is that it can be used without an Internet connection.

Pros

One of the best tools to create/edit a video, I use it to make Youtube videos for my channel.
Youtube integration is available.
We can use our own watermark in the video using Filmora.
A wide range of customization options is available.
Video can be downloaded in various formats like 3GP, MP4, etc.
We can use Filmora even without an Internet connection.
UI is awesome.
Filmora allows us to save the project and use it later, which is awesome. That means the same project can also be used for other projects i.e. videos.

Cons

Video Rendering time is more.
Forces to purchase a premium account then only Filmora watermark is removed from the made videos.

Mary diane S.

Filmora- My Number One Video Editor

Reviewed on 02/10/2021

I super love Filmora! In the modern times in the world of real estate, making videos is an effective way of selling properties that is why I use Filmora because it is very easy to use and it has everything you need in editing. I use Filmora since Filmora7 now I have upgraded to Filmora X 2021 and it super amazing! I love the updates, the new effects, transitions, and texts! Everything in Filmora is timely and relevant to my editing sales. Thanks Filmora! I recommend it to my co-workers too.

Pros

Effects are very cool.
Texts and transitions are fancy and very wise to use.

Cons

It sometimes hang maybe it is just because I do not have a large amount of RAM.

Zach W.

The best video editing software for small-time filmakers.

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

I use filmora for editing youtube videos and content for podcasting, and it's been a great intro to editing and film production. It has a ton of features built in and is very easy to navigate and structure projects.

I do have some user errors sometimes when im trying to move clips, and the locking of different input channels can affect the timing in unpredictable ways. That might just be me needing to learn how to navigate the editing software more, but its awesome!

Pros

It's very easy to use and the price is oustanding for the feature-packed offering. It has cloud-based login which is nice for re-verifying on a new device.

Cons

There's not as meany features as a complex editor.
That being said, it's way easier to use and worth the tradeoff. I believe there's a pro version that is more feature-rich.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Pros

Wondershare creates wonders that's called filmora, i used this software from past 2 years for my youtube videos, thanks for provide great software for youtubers, thank you once again!!!

Cons

Quality after export, when i export video some software show me the 1080P but result is blurry, but wondershare filmora results is awesome.

Miguel G.

Easy video editing for everybody.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

For video editing I think that filmora is one of the best options in the market, it allows you to completely rework your audio, videos and, best of all, you really don't need to be an expert to use it.

Pros

I have used wondershare filmora for editing presentation videos and training videos for our work website, and without a lot of training I was able to customize them, snap, improve audio with no problem at all. You are basically just dragging videos, audios, images and placing them where you need them to pop.

Cons

Something I really don't like about filmora are it's animations, they seem kind of bland and uninspired, and it was kind of troublesome at first to insert them where I wanted them to appear.

Paul J.
  • Industry: Photography

Filmora 9 is an awesome video editing and splicing software

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

As stated above, this has been an awesome tool during the pandemic. My church had to do services virtually so we had different people record separate segments, both spoken as well as choral or instrumental music. All of those segments could be easily edited together into on video, complete with subtitles and slide shows as needed. The end results were well received by the congregation.....making it easier to feel connected to the church and each other.

Pros

This is very user friendly and the tutorials are extremely helpful/easy to follow. This software helped me to develop a new skillset and to create videos for virtual church services during the pandemic shutdown.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I like least about the software. I am looking forward to testing it and using many of the features I have barely scratched the surface with.

Benonius B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

The Best editing movie for Daily

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

easy to use and flexible, this application will be viral as soon as possible

Pros

So easy to use and faster than the other application and also the first time i used this software i don't even need the tutorial to use it. because all command is so fammiliar for me.

Cons

i really hate green screen result. its still had a bad result.. i am prefering to gain quality of greenscreen to read more detail of objects on video.

Harshad P.

A Easiest Video Editing Solution For Beginners.

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

if you want a simple tool for video editiong for your personal memories or any other business speech , i would suggest this software to everyone.

i am totally satisfy with this filmora.

Pros

Filmora is very easy editing software for both mac and windows. Its Having Userfriendly User Interface And Predefined Lots of Effects. You Can Easily Convert Your Memories Into Professional Video.
No Need of Special Skill of Video Editing.
Main Tools Like Adding Text, Transitions, Filter Are On Main Screen So You Can Easily Access Them.

And Price is Also in Budget.

Cons

I dont find any drawbacks of this software.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

My Best Online Video Editor

Reviewed on 09/12/2018

Pros

I love Filmora because it is very user friendly. It also has a lot of designs. You can also do green screen and a lot more features. I must say that Filmora saved all my video projects and presentations. I hope it does to you too.

Cons

The least thing I like about Filmora is that it has a very huge watermark when you are only using free trial so I recommend that you rather use a register and have a license for a better output for your project.

well i really loved love the price and how easy this is to use , overall i love it ..

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

You can add so much fun to any video or picture, also edit or cut any video. its super cheap and easy to use...

Pros

this is sooo super easy to use it edits, cuts adds extra zing to any video or picture you have its so much fun to have and it so super cheap.

Cons

the only con i just dont like about it i would like to see it do more , like convert videos to any format, this software could be so much more .

Muhammad hassan H.

My Freelancing Partner

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

I've been using it since 3 Years for my YouTube videos editing and Freelancing projects and I earned good money by this free software.

Pros

I used this software a lot and it has all the required functionalities I ever need for my Video editing projects. It's different from complex Video editing softwares.

Cons

It gets slower many times and left PC hanged.