Nowsta

Write a Review!
Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

4.7/5

257 Reviews for UK Users

Mary Jo "MJ"
Mary Jo "MJ"
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use, cuts staffing time in half, great customer support and overall highly recommended.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Pros

Nowsta is a staffing platform that was created especially for the Catering & Event Industry. They did their research on what was needed and that comes full circle as you use it daily. On top of having great Customer Support and response time to questions, issues, concerns or suggestions, Nowsta provides a streamlined staffing software that is easy to use for all. Our response times are cut in half and we have more immediate feedback if a staff member is going to accept the shift or not. The Time & Attendance feature is super simple to approve times and notice and discrepancies. I would highly recommend.

Cons

Currently, the only thing I wish I had with this software. I have is having to log into the web application as a Coordinator and not having access through the app for making day of/on-site changes to staff, but this is a rare need for us and easy to use the web version from a phone internet browser.

Rachel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Staffing is hard enough as is, do yourself a favor! Get Nowsta!

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

With nowsta we are staying organized and it helped push our companies staffing methods into the digital Era. Using an app vs sending emails and making calls has saved so much time. [sensitive content hidden] and [sensitive content hidden] have been so helpful to me since day 1 and care about their clients and how this program can help them every day.

Pros

Nowsta customer service is always top notch! The software is so user friendly from both an admin pov and staff member pov. It has the ability to be so event specific and you can truly tailor it to your companies needs! This allows you to see all information on the go, whenever you need it! Nowsta also makes employee communication easier with the use of notifications and viewing team contact info. I honestly cannot say enough great things about this software.

Cons

I have no complaints, truly. And if I did, I know Nowsta would do everything they could to fix them. Nowsta has helped me at 2 different companies over 4+ years and it is one of the top 3 things required for me to do my job properly.

Gerardo
  • Industry: Food Production

Great product

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of this program.

Cons

I wish there was an app for the phone to make the schedule

Joe

Great resource

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Pros

This is a great product for our catering and events management team. I am able to change schedules easy, and update details in real time.

Cons

I wished there was a few less "clicks" to navigate the pages.

Michelle

Makes my job easier!

Reviewed on 19/05/2023

I can not gush any mor than I have. It is the best managing software I have ever used. It meets all my staffing needs- and exceeds them with Nowsta Flex. I could not be a happier camper.

Pros

Nowsta creates a space where I can successfully create and customize events to our companies particular needs. We are also able to more easily evaluate our staff and track hours worked. Communication with our staff is an absolute breeze with the built in announcement feature.

Cons

I have not bumped into anything that Nowsta has not already changed (adding the "unavailable" feature was a dream come true)

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Nowsta

I used Nowsta at another company (where I was first introduced to it). When I moved to my new company, they were using email+google sheets to manage events and staff employees. I said there is a better way- let me tell you about Nowsta! We implemented in the off season and have been using Nowsta in full force since then!
David
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Intuitive scheduling for catering events

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

We are saving 1-2 hrs per week making the schedule and at least 10 hrs a week of admin time that used to be spent texting, calling etc. Now it's all centralized with more control delegated to captains, etc.

Pros

Great customer support team with active development on a best in class platform with a solid codebase to support future iterations.
App recently modernized and continued improvements in reporting allow for oversight and quantitative analysis

Cons

Doesn't include payroll, but it syncs with many others! Only real con I can think of

7shifts, Humanity, Event Staff App and QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Nowsta is built for the events industry. Nothing else comes close

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Nowsta

It does what it does the best of any. Others can't even comprehend what an event is.
Michael

Game changer

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Great! From when we were first introduced to Nowsta through now, it has been a GREAT experience.

Pros

The Nowsta software provides such an easy way to communicate with staff. Scheduling offsite events is about communication. Nowsta provides a platform where everyone can speak the same language when scheduling or receiving a schedule.

Cons

Hard to think about what I don't like. As soon as there is something that seems off the engineers are on it

UKG Ready

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

The Ready Set Work software was dying more than it was growing. Nowsta's progressive approach to understanding a caterers needs seemed custom fit to what we were looking for in scheduling software.

Reasons for Switching to Nowsta

The final decision was based on ease of use and its custom ability to schedule to an event rather than an individual.
Cameron
  • Industry: Hospitality

A world of difference, leagues beyond the next in line.

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

The employees can see exactly how lucrative shifts are, and easily sign up for shifts. Requesting staff is so simple, and scheduling them is even simpler. I can't say enough good things about the ease of access.

Pros

The accessibility is so optimized, it takes only two minutes to get someone up to speed on how to use it. The metrics it tracks, and volume of information readily available to both employees and admins is second to none.

Cons

The live-update features occasionally don't work, and you'll need to reload to see changes. It's not a big issue, it's just that they occasionally do work, so you usually just need to refresh to make sure.

Marina

Seamless from Scheduling to Time and Attendance

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Nowsta has saved us a lot of time scheduling staff and exporting the time and attendance data for payroll.

Pros

We like the time clock app that our managers can download to clock in our staff anywhere. The ease of requesting staff, sending messages, etc. through the platform is great.

Cons

We are eagerly awaiting a way for our staff to communicate back to us through the app. Currently, it is only one-way messaging outward.

Gavin

JP Fine Foods Review

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

From the start the people we worked with have been great. The ease of using the system has been the best part.

Pros

The ease of use is what most appealed to me. We also like that it can updated from our catering platform without having to go back and forth between Nowsta and our catering software.

Cons

Being that we are in Canada is would be great to have the payroll report available with our tax structure and be able to calculate the stat pay owed.

Brian

Tailor-made for the industry

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Super easy to use. Intuitive interface.

Super easy to use. Intuitive interface.

Pros

This was exactly the solution we were looking for. As a caterer with multiple locations (including new ones), different size/time/types of events, Nowsta allows the flexibility needed while communicating the way our team wants to communicate.

Cons

We love it! Support is always listening for new feature suggestions.

Celayix

Reasons for Switching to Nowsta

Celayix felt dated and wasn't built with the flexibility we needed for different sites/times/staffing models.
Cameron
  • Industry: Events Services

Nowsta has been GREAT for our company

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

Nowsta has helped us streamline staffing for our events and allowed us to focus on building the best teams for our clients. Through Nowsta's many features, we're able to manage and communicate better with our clients and our staff, creating better and stronger events teams all around.

Pros

We love the accessibility and ease of use for each of our team members. Our staff consists of young and old, and everyone seems to understand how to use the app. Getting updated that everyone has clocked in is a great feature, especially when you're running a lot of events daily. The reminders that you have a shift coming up when you're 3 days out, and then again 3 hours out are great too! Lastly, we love being able to see the last time a staff member logged into the app, this helps us manage the teams more accurately.

Cons

We struggle most with the clock in/out feature. It's likely a user error, but we get the most complaints about this feature. When it does work, it's great!

Lisa

I've threatened to quit if I can't have Nowsta

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

I was with another company before the pandemic in the same role, and used Nowsta there. So I pushed hard to get it at my new job, and it has made scaling up our post-pandemic operations much easier. I've also found that the Nowsta gnomes are great about integrating feedback and working out new features.

Pros

I love how fast I can work with Nowsta--building events, assigning staff, sending out information, moving people around from event to event, duplicating events, attaching pdfs with information that my teams will need. The mobile app is much easier for my team to use than our old system. The different kinds of reports I can generate are useful. And it's fun, compared to the alternatives I've worked with or researched. Other products may have the same functionality, but are harder to navigate or require more keystrokes to do basic things. Nowsta is responsive, robust, and clear.

Cons

Our one big challenge is that Nowsta can't export to the .iif format that our particular version of QuickBooks needs, and we're still looking for a workaround. But it works with a lot of other systems, our experience shouldn't put you off.

Tammy

We Love Nowsta

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

Nowsta has been very beneficial in saving time scheduling staffing and keeping track of staffing as per event.

Pros

We love how easy it is to assign team members to events and how easy it is for team members to accept or decline, based on their personal schedules. We love how Nowsta integrates with our Curate software! We appreciate all of the information that we are able to plug-into each event!

Cons

We do not at all appreciate that Nowsta does not offer any phone support whatsoever. Nowsta is impossible to integrate with ADP and this is a huge disappointment, as had been told that this would be an easy process. We are having to hire yet another software in order to run our payroll, again a huge disappointment, because we were hoping that using Nowsta would streamline our payroll process.

Response from Nowsta

Hello Tammy,
We do offer custom payroll files that will import directly into ADP. Please contact us at [email protected] and we can assist you in getting this set up.

Katie
  • Industry: Events Services

Nowsta allows for flexibility, easily accessible information, and great interfacing in my job

Reviewed on 01/11/2020

Pros

As an events services worker, It’s incredibly important to me that I can clock in from anywhere, see who I’m working with on a given day (and get their contact info in case I need to call them with an emergency issue), and see all the basic information about my event in one place on my phone. Nowsta allows me to do all of this and more, quickly and easily. That’s what I enjoy most.

Cons

The only issues I‘ve had to date with Nowsta occurred after the overhaul last year when Nowsta Timeclock was also introduced. Since then, I find that the Nowsta app can be slow and laggy at times (especially when accepting or declining shift invites). Additionally, once clocked out for the day, if you don’t log out of Timeclock (instead of just swiping out of the app for the night) when you go in the next day your current shift to clock in to wont show up. Before Timeclock, I remember the clock in page refreshing for the day no matter if you had logged out and in. This is a bit of a hassle but doesn’t greatly deter from the ease and functionally of the rest of the app.

Kt
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Essential for scheduling our catering & event staff!

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

We have enjoyed Nowsta for the organization and ease of use for our staff!

We have enjoyed Nowsta for the organization and ease of use for our staff!

Pros

We love the personalization of Nowsta and being able to make it work for our company needs. It is incredibly useful for our staff to use the mobile app to accept or decline shifts, see event and shift details, uniform information, and location parking information in the palm of their hand. We also love that it integrates with our catering system, Total Party Planner.

Cons

We wish there was a mobile app for managers & administrators! We are often working in the field and assisting with events so when changes need to be made to a shift or information needs to be updated real-time, we have to rush to a wifi zone and make changes from a laptop (if we even have it with us!) at an event. Making changes via mobile would be super helpful!

Clark

Staffing made simple

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Pros

Nowsta makes it so easy to staff events! The platform is very user intuitive and it's easy to know when someone accepts vs declines a shift. The rating system is very helpful, the time and attendance tracker makes life so much easier, and not to mention the Nowsta team always is incredibly friendly, helpful and responds to messages right away.

Cons

I wish there was a message history of all the announcements I send staff - whether a text or email it would be nice to have a history as a reference or to copy and paste from.

schedule cloud
Lisa

We Love Nowsta!

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

We love Nowsta - from the beginning, their attention to detail and willingness to listen to our needs as a high volume luxury catering company and then develop the tools within the system to be a successful program for us have been top notch. It is super user friendly for our team to use - even with people who do not thrive using technology. It has been a game changer for our business!

Pros

Being able to see the different views from daily, weekly and monthly for event staffing has been super helpful. We love that the program can handle both our day to day time clock needs and our scheduling for offsite events. We have been to integrate into many facets of our business and it is so nice to have everything on one platform!

Cons

We found integration to be easy and pretty seamless for our company. For how I use Nowsta in my role with our company, it works great for me.

Evan

The Apple of Scheduling Platforms

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Wonderful team of staff - they always want to know feedback and will call action to issues swiftly. Nowsta is always updating with new features. I have used several staffing platforms over the years and Nowsta is by far my favorite.

Pros

Very fluid platform. Easily integrates with our other necessary systems that make staffing, scheduling, and back end work very seamless.

Cons

Loading time takes a bit sometimes. Nothing else.

Monica

Makes my job easy

Reviewed on 05/08/2023

Great was first a user and found it very beneficial and now the administrator and it is essential

Pros

Nowsta is essential in Staffing our events. Provides easy communication tools.

Cons

Custom reports and scheduled reports would help automate processes and keep groups in the know. And reporting for published shifts replies (nowsta tells me that someone declined direct requests, would be nice to know about published ones too when Staffing various shifts and events in a day)

Heather
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Nowsta has made everything easier

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

I used to spend two days doing our payroll because the staffing software we used to use wouldn't integrate with our payroll. Nowsta has made payroll and shift management so much easier and their customer service reps are always more than happy to jump in and help me if I (or our staff) ever have an issue. I can't thank them enough!

Pros

Being able to attach documents for each event has been a game-changer for our staff!

Cons

Some of the hiccups with using the timeclock were a bit frustrating (some days it worked fine but then for no reason, it wouldn't). The new update to the software has definitely improved this process!

Jonathan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Catering Company Loves Nowsta!

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

Pros

I really like the ease of use and how well it integrated with our other programs. It saves me a lot of time. A lot!

Cons

One improvement I could recommend would be to have a system of ranking staff and scheduling based on rank rather than having to create different staff titles to do this.

Emily
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great time saving software!

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

Overall, Nowsta is a great tool when it comes to our scheduling, event organization, and employee management. We are very thankful for the time it saves us and for the straightforward approach Nowsta has with all users.

Pros

So many elements of Nowsta work great! The easy-to-view calendar of events, the list of workers that populates quickly, the list of scheduled shifts, and all of the easy-to-navigate features really save us time in the Human Resources office!

Cons

Nothing specifically on the administrator level needs improvement. For mobile navigation on behalf of the employees, maybe an easier layout is needed, but I am unfamiliar with mobile navigation.

Jane

Game-Changer!

Reviewed on 04/09/2020

As the HR Manager I use Nowsta daily to reconcile timekeeping, confirm current and previous employee scheduling, access data for reporting to local and state governments, and availability of information via the freeform Incident Entry. Our Ops Director loves the ease of forecasting and entering scheduling details and the seamless way it communicates to our staff.

Pros

Easy access and use of employee and event details and scheduling. Not a bunch of superfluous, irrelevant data - everything I need is at my fingertips.

Cons

I wish there was a free-form text to add to the employee name with info such as their badge number that would populate on the Timesheet. Other than that I love everything about this software!

Linda
  • Industry: Events Services

Essential to our business!

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

10/10! We recommend Nowsta to so many of our colleagues!

10/10! We recommend Nowsta to so many of our colleagues!

Pros

We love how easy Nowsta is to use, not only on an administrative end but for our employees as well!

As a full service off-premise catering company, we use Nowsta to build events into our calendar, staff, track hours and attendance, share details about each event. We can sometimes have multiple events in a day, and it is easy to keep information organized with Nowsta. We have even been able to staff last minute call outs with the push of a button! So handy!

Cons

No cons about Nowsta, we really love it!