Decktopus

50 Reviews for UK Users

Christopher N.

Quality Hybrid Presentation / Information Collection tool

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

The inbuilt questionnaires are great for safety professionals as it means we can send persons the links and collect the information directly from users after they have completed the toolbox or training.

Pros

- It's amazingly fast at creating presentations that are fully formatted and look great!
- The integration of questionnaires allows for the collection of information within the presentation itself.
- Very Stable
- Fast Loading
- Quality hot swappable templates
- Excellent icon library
- Frequent Updates

Cons

I really wish Decktopus would develop the ability to:
- Export the presentations in HTML format or alternatively allow generation of a html file allowing presentations to be embedded / web linked into a Learning Management System. I.e. The platform's existing functionality would make this software great at creating online learning courses.

- The ability to vertically swipe between slides up and down in presentation mode

- The ability to import PowerPoint presentations is on the developer's roadmap but not yet available at time of this review.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

The ability to share a fast and responsive presentation via link which works on mobile and does not require the end user to have power point installed. The ability to quickly create a presentation that looks great in a rush.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Beautiful and easy presentations

Reviewed on 26/01/2022

Pros

It's quick to create beautiful and informative presentations with Decktopus. I've gotten overwhelming amount of positive feedback on the quality of my presentations after switching from PowerPoint to Decktopus.

Decktopus forces you think: what's really important? There are limitations on number of characters you can use per title etc following best practices of oresenting. First I found this annoying - now I just love it - knowing I won't overload anyone with too much info.

Cons

Tables in presentations are a bit clunky, but it's somewhat of a new feature so I think it will become better with time!

Louisa J.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used for 6-12 months

Nice Software with a Few Issue

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

Easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. I worked with the costumer service as well and it was a pleasant experience.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be hard to use or navigate. I had one issue where I couldn’t access my work but it was all resolved.

Vishal S.

Excellent alternative to MS PowerPoint

I love it.
I create all my weekly client presentations in Decktopus. I reckon it saves me at least 2 hours every week.

Pros

Create classy presentations quickly using easy to customize templates. It's super easy to customize templates compared to PowerPoint. Once you select the style and color, you're ready to go. I spend less than 10 minutes on customizing templates.

Cons

The stock image selection is limited. But with so many free image and illustrations available on the net, it isn't a big issue.

Steve B.

Quick and easy presentations

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

This one was pretty easy concept. Create an account and start working on a presentation.

Pros

This is a quick and easy platform to create presentations for sales meetings, training, info meetings, etc. The system is easy to use and allows online collaborators so you and a team cam work on a project.

Cons

I would like to see more templates and graphics elements. It does look like it is growing and the development continues to work on improvements.

Canva and VistaCreate

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Decktopus makes it easier to focus on presentations and not be distracted or overwhelmed by graphic elements and templates not related to your project.
Shade O.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Saves lots of time!

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Very easy to get set up and going and that’s a good thing.

Pros

I love the many templates that they have available. It speeds up the creation process rather than starting from scratch with saves lots of time!

Cons

Would be nice to have more customizations - like using AI as some of the other competitors have.

Shirley louise D.

Great for brand image development!

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

An enjoying learning curve that gives results!

Pros

When starting to develop brand awareness it is crucial to have the tools to help!
Presentations, whether as a product or as a marketing tool, it is important that they portray the right brand image that reflects your company. With Dectopus - a few clicks and you have it right to hand. Reuse your templates to match the various formats you require, even a finished product that you can sell!
Just right for a small as well as large business. Marketing or products, Dectopus is the tool for you!

Cons

Took a little time to pick up the process, but not time consuming.

Response from Decktopus

Hello Shirley! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are more than glad to have users like you. Please let us know if you need any help with the platform!

Zunaid K.

Ramp up your presentation productivity with this easy to use tool

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Excellent and easy to use.

Pros

Its so easy to use. You can easily change to different designs by selecting different themes.

Cons

Nothing much to dislike. The one thing I would like to see is the form having a special email field i.e. with validation.

Response from Decktopus

Hello Zunaid! We appreciate your comment and we'll do everything we can to level up our users' presentation game! We appreciate users like yourself. Please keep in touch if you need anything!

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Great software alternative to Powerpoint for presentations and easy layouts for businesses

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Presentations and templates are professional and easy to follow, plus they are attractive.

Functionalities are great
Many options available
The layouts of presentations are more much appealing and attractive.

Cons

Perhaps the learning curve is not that fast, as it is a new software in comparison to Powerpoint but it is still pretty straight forward to use especially when you adapt to an existing template.

Response from Decktopus

Hello there! Thank you so much for your review! It will not go unnoticed, and we'll do the best we can to help people with their presentations. Please contact us if you need anything!

Courtlin H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Viable alternative to PowerPoint with visually attractive slides and a robust template library

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Decktopus is a great choice when you need to quickly wrap your message in a visually appealing slide deck; it lets you focus on the content rather than the slide design. The lack of control over sharing slides is my main frustration, which I hope the team can solve without implementing another one-time, add-on fee.

Pros

The visual design of the stock templates is what attracted me to this software. Although PowerPoint's templates have gotten better over the years, you can still easily tell when a presenter has just selected and modified a stock PowerPoint template or worse, opted for the DIY white background and black Arial font look..."Here we go again, death by PowerPoint, I hope the presenter put more thought into their analysis than they did into their slide design..."

Cons

I miss the ability to have a slide sorter view like PowerPoint. For short 10-slide presentations, the lack of this feature isn't a big deal. However, for longer presentations, scrolling back and forth through the deck to rearrange slides quickly becomes frustrating.

Sharing slides is easy but lacks obvious controls of who can view the deck. Maybe I'm missing something here but sharing seems to be all or nothing. There doesn't appear to be a way to "unshare" a deck once the public URL has been shared and there is no way to generate private URLs to share the deck with only specific people based on their email address. It's puzzling why this feature is missing.

From the Help Center, "Note: This sharing URL is a public URL, everyone can see your presentation using this public sharing URL."

Response from Decktopus

Hello Courtlin! Thank you so so much for your great review and feedback! You can be sure that they will not go unnoticed, and we have already added them to our to-do list! Please contact us if you ever need any help. Take care!

Hendy I.

Really fast way to get a slide deck published

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

I really love this product as it saves my time presenting my ideas. The layouts currently available are limited, however they're getting the user experience right by enabling only essential customizations per slide layout. For each layout, there are also several variants, this part of UX that they also get right.

Overall, Decktopus is really good for increasing productivity. I hope they continue to improve their product by adding more lead generation features, interactivity, analytics, integration with different apps via webhooks, Pabbly, etc. If they do, then this is not just a presentation tool but has huge potential.

Pros

Decktopus app saves my time, but really because of my own weakness.
When trying to create a presentation using the usual software, a lot of time goes into thinking about the layout, about the design, about the positioning of certain elements, which take away the essence of the presentation itself: to express ideas.
Decktopus allows me to do: express my ideas, without blocking me with non-essential details.

Cons

The interactive presentation features is pretty much non-existent and need to be developed. The use case is that the presenter will present Decktopus live in a virtual conference, and other participants can get a link to interact with this deck (e.g. polls), and the results/analytics will show in real-time in the presenter's slide.

Omar A.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Easy to use presentation software with existing attractive templates

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

So far it saved me a bunch of time in creating presentations

Pros

They have a library of templates, and I don't have to worry about trying to figure out the best fonts and colors that work well for the media I am using.

Cons

It could use more editing options and capability

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Choosing Decktopus

Ready to go templates with nice features made my life easier

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Was simple and quick to learn and use
Petar G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Very fast alternative to classic PowerPoint

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

I have started using Decktopus few months ago and it's honestly the best PowerPoint alternative I've seen in the past decade. I don't know how they do it, but they always have new templates that are on point. There's a template for everything from business presentations to ad campaigns! The best thing is that with one click you can change whole design without breaking anything.

Pros

The products is so easy to use. Furthermore it saves so much time. Instead of playing with ppt design, you can need your materials. The design is predefined, very modern and easily changeable to other templates via only one click.

Cons

The design could use some modernisation. The only thing missing is upload of your existing ppt file and using Decktopus then. This function is on the roadmap.

Chris F.
  • Industry: Insurance

Amazing Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

Very easy to use with clean templates that resonate with buyers. Was very easy to create a new deck that is converting at a much higher rate.

Cons

The share links work but sometimes are blocked by my customers but it's easy to download and send the actual PDF>

Luca M.

A big boost in productivity

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Absolutely positive. Being able to create a presentation using the minutes instead of hours is priceless

Pros

For me, create powerpoint and presentation is always a mess. I spend usually lots of time formatting and resizing text and images in order to make slides interesting. But with Decktopus i can create a complete presentation in 30 minutes or less. It's very easy to use and force you to focus on what matters most: content

Cons

the platform is still immature and some important features such as animations are missing. But the potential is huge and the development team is very attentive to requests

Christian D.

Great product !

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Super product that i recommend to every business owner to save time and share professional presentation.

Pros

I like the fact that Decktopus is easy to use. We created presentation with their wonderful templates and it's easy to duplicate and make some adjustments and send it to our prospects and customers. Look sharp and professional !

Cons

A proposal section could be a really good idea (pricing tab). Also embedded codes could be fantastic (calendar links for example).

Decktopus User Review

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Used Decktopus on latest project. Unlike many softwares, I really like how easy it to use and the platform is quite self-explanatory.

Pros

Ease of use. Very fluid and accessible.

Cons

Tool gets buggy while uploading media files which slows down overall process.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Ease-of-use. Platform is understandable and self-explanatory.
Joachim B.

Simplicity is its strength

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

I love this app as it is fresh, modern, simple, and powerful in many aspects. Its versatility and ease of use is just amazing!

Pros

It is easy to use, with a clean UI. No learning curve. We can embed any slideshow in any website. Alternatively we can send the slide link by email. There are templates but they are actually not really needed. We can easily design slides from the scratch. Download of the ready presentation into PDF/ PPT is possible for offline viewing. The design is super-modern. Analytics give us excellent insight on how the slides are used. Decktopus has recognized early that the slides are an excellent tool for marketing (lead generation). Means, we can have opt-in forms, CTA button etc. This versatility makes Decktopus outstanding, being able to use it for so many different purposes, like academic, private, informational, marketing, company profile, CV, annual report, and so many others.

Cons

We can't change much about the principle design patterns of the slides. However, this is simplicity by design. The tool was not created to substitute Powerpoint but to bring out something quick, easy, and modern. If somebody needs total control over the design, then better to use Powerpoint.

Samir B.

Great Presentation Kit

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

A lot of infographic software is at my disposal. They're all gone now. Decktopus, on the other hand, uses a unique slide design. They caught my eye so much that I bought the software right away without trying it out first. There is no regret in this. My students and colleagues alike were impressed by the "new look" of my presentations. On my YouTube channel, I've started using them as well. The best part of Decktopus , definitely , is it's uniqueness.

Pros

* Unique design
** user-friendly interface
*** Easy to operate
**** Sublime and very sophisticated.
***** Wonderful Customer support system.

Cons

* Downloading speed is too slow. It takes a long time to get downloaded.

Darryl D.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 1+ year

Helps presentations look good

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Have used regularly for presentations since getting it. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

PowerPoint can be overwhelming. Decktopus helps make presentations look good with their built-in designs. Options are more limited, and that is exactly what I wanted. It keeps things looking really good.

Cons

If you are looking for more options, this is not the software for you. If you are looking for well designed presentations, Decktopus is excellent.

• Industry: Information Services

I forget i have PowerPoint :)

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

I love because i can access to Decktopus on my way and I can edit my presanctions on tablet too. There customers support is great. I hope they will add more advance and modern templates to their presentation template library and add more storage options like able to add more 3rd party apps.

Pros

I can access to Decktopus on my way
easy to build presentations
customizable templates
I got Onetime pay option was a money saver

Cons

Not enough modern templates
too much tools inside dashboard
no onboarding enough
have many other free options

Dakota F.
  • Used for Free Trial

Still getting into this...

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

Nice interface, lead integration, price, one-time purchase option.

Cons

Haven’t been able to get a demo going, website link won’t work.

Adria B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Stunning presentations!

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

That our presentation were signification to dectopolus. We are next level now

Pros

The resulting presentation s that are visually stunning

Cons

We had some difficulty implementing it with our decision program but was able to make it work

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

I love how easy to use this service is and it helps with my presentations all the time. i dont need to use Microsoft as much, i think i prefer desktopus any day

Cons

i think customizing the templates could be made easier

Bikramjit C.

Octopus - Genuine Timesaver

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Pros

To be able to prepare quickly a solid presentation from the templates needed to present impactfully by just plug and play. I will also be joining a master's program in few months and I already play to present my thesis work from the templates provided in decktopus, create a questionnaire and collect feedback. What is also great is the sharing feature of my decks with my own domain name. Feedback capture is also much simpler. It allows me to automate stuff in one go.I will say it's genuinely elegant.

Cons

As of now, I did not see much of a disadvantage compared to other software. There may be conversation features added to convert google slides and ppt. I have not used that feature yet.