Decktopus

43 Reviews for UK Users

Christopher N.

Quality Hybrid Presentation / Information Collection tool

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

The inbuilt questionnaires are great for safety professionals as it means we can send persons the links and collect the information directly from users after they have completed the toolbox or training.

Pros

- It's amazingly fast at creating presentations that are fully formatted and look great!
- The integration of questionnaires allows for the collection of information within the presentation itself.
- Very Stable
- Fast Loading
- Quality hot swappable templates
- Excellent icon library
- Frequent Updates

Cons

I really wish Decktopus would develop the ability to:
- Export the presentations in HTML format or alternatively allow generation of a html file allowing presentations to be embedded / web linked into a Learning Management System. I.e. The platform's existing functionality would make this software great at creating online learning courses.

- The ability to vertically swipe between slides up and down in presentation mode

- The ability to import PowerPoint presentations is on the developer's roadmap but not yet available at time of this review.

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

The ability to share a fast and responsive presentation via link which works on mobile and does not require the end user to have power point installed. The ability to quickly create a presentation that looks great in a rush.
Hakan S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

My Review

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Pros

Decktopus provides lots of presentation templates.

Cons

Variety of presentation elements is not enough.

Omar A.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Easy to use presentation software with existing attractive templates

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

So far it saved me a bunch of time in creating presentations

Pros

They have a library of templates, and I don't have to worry about trying to figure out the best fonts and colors that work well for the media I am using.

Cons

It could use more editing options and capability

Reasons for Choosing Decktopus

Ready to go templates with nice features made my life easier

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Was simple and quick to learn and use
Vishal S.

Excellent alternative to MS PowerPoint

I love it.
I create all my weekly client presentations in Decktopus. I reckon it saves me at least 2 hours every week.

Pros

Create classy presentations quickly using easy to customize templates. It's super easy to customize templates compared to PowerPoint. Once you select the style and color, you're ready to go. I spend less than 10 minutes on customizing templates.

Cons

The stock image selection is limited. But with so many free image and illustrations available on the net, it isn't a big issue.

Steve B.

Quick and easy presentations

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

This one was pretty easy concept. Create an account and start working on a presentation.

Pros

This is a quick and easy platform to create presentations for sales meetings, training, info meetings, etc. The system is easy to use and allows online collaborators so you and a team cam work on a project.

Cons

I would like to see more templates and graphics elements. It does look like it is growing and the development continues to work on improvements.

Canva and VistaCreate

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Decktopus makes it easier to focus on presentations and not be distracted or overwhelmed by graphic elements and templates not related to your project.
Shade O.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Saves lots of time!

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Very easy to get set up and going and that’s a good thing.

Pros

I love the many templates that they have available. It speeds up the creation process rather than starting from scratch with saves lots of time!

Cons

Would be nice to have more customizations - like using AI as some of the other competitors have.

Joseph L.
  • Industry: Market Research

Works great does exactly what I need.

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Been great incredible pricing good content and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use can create business presentations easily

Cons

Had a bit of a learning curve to start thats it

Furkan Ş.

Review Comments

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Decktopus is a great product that always be up to date, provides new features often.

Pros

Ready-to designs make preparing process easier.

Cons

Color palettes. There must be lots of them to make me save time.

Arif burak D.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Present the Future

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Pros

Embedding lots of things are the best things about this app

Cons

Actually, I liked this software, Not see any vulnarability. However, it contains security issues

Hendy I.

Really fast way to get a slide deck published

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

I really love this product as it saves my time presenting my ideas. The layouts currently available are limited, however they're getting the user experience right by enabling only essential customizations per slide layout. For each layout, there are also several variants, this part of UX that they also get right.

Overall, Decktopus is really good for increasing productivity. I hope they continue to improve their product by adding more lead generation features, interactivity, analytics, integration with different apps via webhooks, Pabbly, etc. If they do, then this is not just a presentation tool but has huge potential.

Pros

Decktopus app saves my time, but really because of my own weakness.
When trying to create a presentation using the usual software, a lot of time goes into thinking about the layout, about the design, about the positioning of certain elements, which take away the essence of the presentation itself: to express ideas.
Decktopus allows me to do: express my ideas, without blocking me with non-essential details.

Cons

The interactive presentation features is pretty much non-existent and need to be developed. The use case is that the presenter will present Decktopus live in a virtual conference, and other participants can get a link to interact with this deck (e.g. polls), and the results/analytics will show in real-time in the presenter's slide.

Slidebean, Mentimeter, Prezi and Microsoft PowerPoint
Petar G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Very fast alternative to classic PowerPoint

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

I have started using Decktopus few months ago and it's honestly the best PowerPoint alternative I've seen in the past decade. I don't know how they do it, but they always have new templates that are on point. There's a template for everything from business presentations to ad campaigns! The best thing is that with one click you can change whole design without breaking anything.

Pros

The products is so easy to use. Furthermore it saves so much time. Instead of playing with ppt design, you can need your materials. The design is predefined, very modern and easily changeable to other templates via only one click.

Cons

The design could use some modernisation. The only thing missing is upload of your existing ppt file and using Decktopus then. This function is on the roadmap.

Chris F.
  • Industry: Insurance

Amazing Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

Very easy to use with clean templates that resonate with buyers. Was very easy to create a new deck that is converting at a much higher rate.

Cons

The share links work but sometimes are blocked by my customers but it's easy to download and send the actual PDF>

Christian D.

Great product !

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Super product that i recommend to every business owner to save time and share professional presentation.

Pros

I like the fact that Decktopus is easy to use. We created presentation with their wonderful templates and it's easy to duplicate and make some adjustments and send it to our prospects and customers. Look sharp and professional !

Cons

A proposal section could be a really good idea (pricing tab). Also embedded codes could be fantastic (calendar links for example).

Decktopus User Review

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Used Decktopus on latest project. Unlike many softwares, I really like how easy it to use and the platform is quite self-explanatory.

Pros

Ease of use. Very fluid and accessible.

Cons

Tool gets buggy while uploading media files which slows down overall process.

Prezi and Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Ease-of-use. Platform is understandable and self-explanatory.
Joachim B.

Simplicity is its strength

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

I love this app as it is fresh, modern, simple, and powerful in many aspects. Its versatility and ease of use is just amazing!

Pros

It is easy to use, with a clean UI. No learning curve. We can embed any slideshow in any website. Alternatively we can send the slide link by email. There are templates but they are actually not really needed. We can easily design slides from the scratch. Download of the ready presentation into PDF/ PPT is possible for offline viewing. The design is super-modern. Analytics give us excellent insight on how the slides are used. Decktopus has recognized early that the slides are an excellent tool for marketing (lead generation). Means, we can have opt-in forms, CTA button etc. This versatility makes Decktopus outstanding, being able to use it for so many different purposes, like academic, private, informational, marketing, company profile, CV, annual report, and so many others.

Cons

We can't change much about the principle design patterns of the slides. However, this is simplicity by design. The tool was not created to substitute Powerpoint but to bring out something quick, easy, and modern. If somebody needs total control over the design, then better to use Powerpoint.

Darryl D.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 1+ year

Helps presentations look good

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Have used regularly for presentations since getting it. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

PowerPoint can be overwhelming. Decktopus helps make presentations look good with their built-in designs. Options are more limited, and that is exactly what I wanted. It keeps things looking really good.

Cons

If you are looking for more options, this is not the software for you. If you are looking for well designed presentations, Decktopus is excellent.

• Industry: Information Services

I forget i have PowerPoint :)

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

I love because i can access to Decktopus on my way and I can edit my presanctions on tablet too. There customers support is great. I hope they will add more advance and modern templates to their presentation template library and add more storage options like able to add more 3rd party apps.

Pros

I can access to Decktopus on my way
easy to build presentations
customizable templates
I got Onetime pay option was a money saver

Cons

Not enough modern templates
too much tools inside dashboard
no onboarding enough
have many other free options

Dakota F.
  • Used for Free Trial

Still getting into this...

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

Nice interface, lead integration, price, one-time purchase option.

Cons

Haven’t been able to get a demo going, website link won’t work.

Adria B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Stunning presentations!

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

That our presentation were signification to dectopolus. We are next level now

Pros

The resulting presentation s that are visually stunning

Cons

We had some difficulty implementing it with our decision program but was able to make it work

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

I love how easy to use this service is and it helps with my presentations all the time. i dont need to use Microsoft as much, i think i prefer desktopus any day

Cons

i think customizing the templates could be made easier

Bikramjit C.

Octopus - Genuine Timesaver

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Pros

To be able to prepare quickly a solid presentation from the templates needed to present impactfully by just plug and play. I will also be joining a master's program in few months and I already play to present my thesis work from the templates provided in decktopus, create a questionnaire and collect feedback. What is also great is the sharing feature of my decks with my own domain name. Feedback capture is also much simpler. It allows me to automate stuff in one go.I will say it's genuinely elegant.

Cons

As of now, I did not see much of a disadvantage compared to other software. There may be conversation features added to convert google slides and ppt. I have not used that feature yet.

Mohamed H.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Stable Software and still has potential

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

Great experience and friendly team

Pros

The ease of use.
The ability to control a lot of aspects of the presentation.
The Analysis tool. You are capable of knowing what were the most attractive slides in the presentation based on how long the viewer spent reading them.

Cons

Currently, you are controlled by a specific amount of characters when you are adding text. I hope that they can give us the option to control the amount of text or the number of bullet points per slide that we would like to add.

Response from Decktopus

Thank you so much!

We keep these limits to keep the slides clean.

But of course, we value our users' opinions and we are always open to feedback & suggestions, you can reach out to us in our community (www.decktopus.com/community)

Best regards,

Decktopus family

Brian L.

Solid software for creating decks

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Pros

Before this, i had to create decks with slow software. With decktopus, im speeding through these presentations

Cons

I would like some templates for proposals. That would really be great

Ashwin S.
  • Used for 1+ year

Destopus is your most trustable Presentation Partner!!!

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Pros

The UI and ease of usage of themes and editing is a breeze!!!

Cons

Nothing as of now. Me and my team are enjoying using Desktopus as its time saving and easy.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used for 6-12 months

Time Saver

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

I had plenty time of use Decktopus. I would like ease of use because Decktopus is time saver.

Pros

Ease of use was most liked feature for me. Also Integration with other application is very helpful.

Cons

Price can be regional. Foreign exchange can be problems for some regions.