Lucidspark

Virtual whiteboard solution for team collaboration

4.4/5

362 Reviews for UK Users

Vince
Vince
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great product with Jira and Microsoft Integrations

Reviewed on 01/04/2023

This is a great product from visual design and can improve visualization of the product backlog while having automation of the Jira Integration that will save product leaders time in administrative work.

Pros

The Jira integration helps my team see the product backlog while the integration prevents a product leader from doing redundant work by having to add cards in two sets of software.

Cons

The one opportunity for this software is the navigation in the vertical and horizontal axis. There is a tab on the left hand side that lets the user switch between the functionality of grabbing an object and scrolling in the diagram. This can be frustrating for first time users. My recommendation to Lucid is to make the navigation more like Lucidchart by combining that functionality.

Raaj
  • Industry: Design

Perfect tool for the (time-sensitive) job

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I was working of the early stages of a fast paced project which involved multiple stakeholders over several sites and a changing brief. It was perfect for creating a data flow diagram, an organisational structure and creating project-specific documents for client discussion and approval.
I found the software to be very easy to use. I was up, running and familiar with all it's features within 3-4 minutes. Creating the initial document took less than 15 minutes and was ready to share electronically.
Compared to the alternative software available to hand, it was fast, user-friendly and intuitive.
Considering it was the first time I had used it and that it was browser-based, I was impressed.

Pros

The fact that it is so quick and easy to use. That it is user-friendly enough with features such as snapping to shapes and arrows staying attached to the shapes is helpful.
Quickly saving out as PDFs and sharing with colleagues and clients is brilliant.
There are enough templates to find what I was looking for.
It's quicker than setting something up with Illustrator or MS word, powerpoint etc.
1Gb storage is helpful.

Cons

Because I've only scratched the surface with its use, I haven't had the opportunity to really push it's functionality enough to comment on this area yet. I would probably say theft that it's browser based because it would be great to have it as an app on my computer. I'm not often likely to use other computers and having yet another browser window open is a bit of a pain.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

The cost per month was low enough for me to try it for what I needed and there was a free trial period. It looked easy enough to use and seemed to be designed for creating flowcharts and the like.
Dana
  • Used for 1-5 months

New User Feedback

Reviewed on 05/07/2021

Pros

I like the layout out the templates to choose from.

Cons

Very touchy to use. Editing is not easily understood. Would value simplified how-to resources for using templates and creating your own. This would provide better new user experience provided this helpful info upfront.

Todd
  • Industry: Media Production

Extra without much benefit

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

My experience was limited since many applications I had already been conducing with the LucidChart product which is already shared amongst others in the organization.

Pros

As a simple tool to layout ideas LS works well. It's simple and does simple things well.

Cons

While it does work well for what it does and remains simple, these seem more like features that should exist natively within the LucidChart product.

Michael
Michael

Amazing, Simple, Elegant

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

A wonderful program that I would recommend to anyone who is seeking a way to organize and display their thoughts, plots, or plans.

Pros

The ease of use for the software makes any project a relaxing, focused use of time rather than struggling to organize everything well in advance.

Cons

The options for templates seem a little limited right now.

Leo
Leo

Great software that keeps communication simple

Reviewed on 29/01/2022

Amazing. Revolutionised the way I work with clients now in a daily basis.

Amazing. Revolutionised the way I work with clients now in a daily basis.

Pros

Easy to use and get clients using it with me. It’s the perfect tool for remote collaboration.

Cons

File organisation can be a little tricky and I’m not always sure which files are shared and which are private.

Alexander
Alexander
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Flexible Easy to use Collaborative Tool

Reviewed on 24/09/2022

Pros

For the first time in my life, I was able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, all thanks to Lucid Spark. The drawing tools are impressively advanced, and the workspace is vey well organized

Cons

As far as I have been using it, I don't recall ever having any problems with Lucidspark.

Lukas
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Lucidspark JIRA integration makes software project planning/management feel sane

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

I've been able to communicate project statuses and blockers way more easily than before.

Pros

It's the JIRA integration. It provides interactive JIRA cards you can place on a diagram that automatically update when JIRA updates are made like card status changes. Also, you can update the card status right from the diagram card too!

Cons

I think I would like to see a few more shapes/widgets for technical diagramming. Because there are other features about Lucidspark that make it way more attractive for technical project diagramming as opposed to Lucidchart.

Md Mohiminur

Simple look but Great web based whiteboard tool.

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Pros

Lucidspark can give me a way to visualise what we're doing. There are enough templates to find what im looking for.

Cons

All is well. Need to more simplified the template using for new user.

Lissa
Lissa
  • Industry: Photography

Great digital whiteboard for real-time collaboration

Reviewed on 07/02/2022

Pros

It makes real-time collaboration easy which is great with all of the remote workers. It’s super easy to use. You can drag and drop items, exporting is easy, and full screen display makes presentations look great. This is great for anytime you need a digital whiteboard.

Cons

Sometimes it has significant lag when trying to upload large files. It would be nice if it had more animation options for slides. Sometimes exporting a flowchart to pdf made it hard to read. Honestly I haven’t found much to dislike about it.

Tammy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Visual Aid Tool To Use In Your Business

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

As a Business & Marketing Coach it is crucial that I have strategic plans and steps for clients to go through and complete so they can reach their goals. Lucidspark helps me achieve this as well as helps me to continue to develop programs, webinars, courses and more for future revenue sources.

I began using Lucidspark because I was introduced through Lucid Mindmapping (I was a paid subscriber to this). When they created their Lucidspark software they introduced to their audience.

I was immediately taken in by it and loved it. Their post-it boards are customizable from templates to colors and more. I began using it even more than their mindmapping tool. This became my visual aid go to tool.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. You can jump right in and begin without needing training.

Cons

The one con would probably be cost, although fair it not affordable for many micro businesses.

Mirro

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

I like the post-it boards to plan out steps for programs I offer.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Currently using both
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Getting familiarized

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

I have used it lightly for documenting my thoughts but I have not given it too much use since I consider I wouldn't be able to use with my team at a higher scale.

Pros

I just started using it to have a place to document my understandings about a project I'm just starting to work with. I think it's very easy to understand, has all of the nice things I like about Lucidchart and I briefly tried to find ways to make it work during my Scrum meetings.

Cons

I could have not really grasped the price structure but at a high level it looked pretty expensive to me. I have a personal membership for Lucidchart that I use for my professional work and I don't mind paying for it. But from what I understood, Lucidspark would be far too expensive for me to get considering the size of my teams. Additionally I was not able to find any option within the tool that I could use to test the tool with a small crew or an option to use it with my whole team although with limited functionality.

Waleed
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent strategic planning tool in the form of a virtual whiteboard.

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

Lucidspark is primarily used by me for long-term planning. The most useful aspect was that I was able to immediately use icons to explain my planning.

Pros

Working in a group using Lucidspark is a breez, where We no longer need to meet in person to take images of the whiteboard. I used the workflow databases and diagrams to develop a whole application, which Start using one of the many templates provided. There's lots of opportunity for thought and debate here, for that we Make it unique with the available shapes.

Cons

Disappointing was the large size of the completed workflow drawings, which we were sometimes unable to email as attachments.

Good software to express your ideas with schematics

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

I started to use it for wireframes, but then I started to use it for flow charts and other schemes

Pros

Really intuitive and fairly full of features. It helps me from mind maps to website wireframes

Cons

Not really, it does what it has to do in an easy way

MindMup

Good value for money

Reviewed on 28/06/2021

Overall, it's become our primary tool for mapping business processes.

Overall, it's become our primary tool for mapping business processes.

Pros

Lucid is an easy tool to use to quickly build robust process flows, and share them with other collaborators. The tool is mostly intuitive, and the help pages are useful to fill the gaps.

Cons

The export feature takes a bit to get used to, and could have been a more guided experience.

Brad
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Doesn't Get Any Easier

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

I started out looking for a tool that could quickly be created to display processes that need to be defined and it opened a door to other things that were identified needed to be created graphically that would have been done in a much cruder under represented manner. This list is growing to what needs to be created next.

Pros

I needed a tool that I could use to graphically express the processes, structures, and ideas of what I needed to create sales strategies. It needed to be simple, intuitive, and adaptive. I just didn't have time to learn another software package. Lucid did just that. I easily could create, edit, add-on, subtract, and combine to my projects with out having to read any tutorials, instructions, hunt for tips, or learn complicated keystrokes. Ease of use was it for me. Lucid allowed me to spend more time creating vs. struggling to create. Ideas and structure flowed much easier because I wasn't wrapped up in the "how do I do that" part.

Cons

I don't have a like least, but I can say i haven't used every that the software has to offer. I think it would be cool to have some AI in the software that notices things a user might be trying to do that is easier done with another tool or specific premade tool. A suggestion by the software could be made to help use a more useful too to accomplish ideas made easier.

Servando Manuel

Lucidspark is a very good tool

Reviewed on 05/07/2021

Good support, good features and tools.

Good support, good features and tools.

Pros

Everything looks nice, options and features are easy to find and to use them.

Cons

Nothing cames to my mind right now, overall the experience of using this tool us very nice

Coley
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Outstanding Platform to Stay Organized

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Lucidspark keeps me organized and travels really well. The options to color code, use sticky notes or boards to help my staff effectively coimmunicate with one another has been invaluable during the Public Health Emergency.

Pros

Mind mapping! My practice has multiple locations and each location fails in different levels of restrictions with COVID. Some locations are COVID hotspots and require extra logistical assistance and others have few if any restrictions. Mind mapping allows me to sort information and color code the map . I love this particular feature.

Cons

Upon first glance, I thought it would be difficult to use. The home page us very busy but upon actual use I have found that it is more user friendly than many other platforms I use daily. There is no "new language" to learn to produce effective materials.

Daniel

New to Lucidspark

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

Pros

Easy to pick up and learn without tutorials

Cons

Would be nice to have a "save as" feature. I find myself starting to sketch something new out on an existing model until I realize that I should have duplicated before starting to make edits to keep my original in tact.

Jackie

Awesome Product

Wonderfully easy and useful tool! Shared with many friends and colleagues

Wonderfully easy and useful tool! Shared with many friends and colleagues

Pros

This product combines all the things I love about padlet and jam board into one app!

Cons

Lack of backgrounds, but I’m sure it’s coming soon :-)

Predrag
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Not for my kind of business- Consultancy

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Finally, I was able to visualize much more easily my work and ideas, with not being forced to read instructions for days.

Pros

The product is easy to use, very intuitive with the great choice of templates. I would like espeically to point out template for the House of Quality or QFD

Cons

There is a lot of space for improvement regarding design, it is too sterile, sticky notes should be given 3d sense of looking.
Another, and more important thing is that I wasn't able to work remotely with my clients by sharing the board to the users who are not registered on the Lucidchart.

Randall

Business Analyist

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

It's been great

It's been great

Pros

Ease of use and powerful collaboration tools

Cons

Some times adjusting flows over swim lanes can be a little tricky

Lauren

Easy to Adopt - Makes a Difference!

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

Pros

I love that Lucidspark is easy-to-use and is now part of every meeting!

Cons

I would like there to be more ways to share and download the dashboards.

L B
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Good tool for drafting visually

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I like to make visual representations of ideas or concepts, or to structure thoughts. Lucidspark provides the opportunity to do that. This has been particularly helpful in the WFH environment of 2020 -- as I cannot draw on a piece of paper or whiteboard. I will continue to use it as a mechanism for creating visuals in my work.

Pros

I enjoy creating diagrams in a free-form manner in Lucidspark, and using those to communicate with colleagues. Lucidspark is quite easy to get started and use in an informal way, before committing to a formal lay-out or design. I will then decide whether to move content to Lucidchart.

I particularly like the ease of connecting shapes with lines.

Cons

I would like for it to be more intuitive to share / publish the results of my work in Lucidspark. I am using the basic version of Lucidspark and I have admittedly not invested a lot of time to figure out how I can best do this -- and I have always found a solution. It just wasn't obvious to me.

Simply the best flowcharting and wireframing tool

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Pros

It's very easy to build flowcharts and process flows with this browser-based tool. I use it mostly for creating marketing automation workflows.

Cons

The color coding process could be a bit clunky. Once you get the hang of it you're fine.