Lucidspark

Virtual whiteboard solution for team collaboration

4.4/5

331 Reviews for UK Users

Leo B.

Great software that keeps communication simple

Reviewed on 29/01/2022

Amazing. Revolutionised the way I work with clients now in a daily basis.

Pros

Easy to use and get clients using it with me. It’s the perfect tool for remote collaboration.

Cons

File organisation can be a little tricky and I’m not always sure which files are shared and which are private.

Asmara K.
  • Industry: Research

Must have for all Solopreneurs!

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

I love the ease of use! I have previously featured Lucidspark as part of a 'Best Platforms' series I did on LinkedIn and I would add it a hundred times over :)

Pros

I am an operations consultant so I spend a lot of time thinking about, creating and documenting efficient processes for my clients. Lucidspark makes it possible to clearly map out the customer journey and contextualize their systems design. If a picture is worth a thousand word, a Lucidspark flowchart is worth two thousand! There is no better way to demonstrate how you can bring value to the most important stakeholders for your business- your amazing customers!

Cons

When you are on the free trial, you can only retain/update 3 documents at a time.

Visio

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

I hated how boring and clunky draw.io appears. The drag/drop functionality was not great and the customization options were non-existent. Even the free version of Lucidspark was MILES better!

diagrams.net

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Balance of price point versus available features. This ticked all the boxes!
Michael R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for Catching Sparks (Ideas), But Not the Tool to Fuel a Bonfire. (Entire Project)

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

In my opinion, the pros, and cons are pretty evenly balanced, making Lucidspark a no-go for me. At least it would have been for me had I been evaluating integration for the whole company.

Fortunately, all I did was collect and tally votes, including my own "Maybe," in the engineering team opinion poll after trialing the product. While I occasionally still use Lucidspark, other programs remain my go-to.

Pros

The virtual whiteboard, idea collection and organization, and remote-first approach are among Lucidspark's top attributes.

Cons

Onboarding/learning to use the software effectively and efficiently was a bit of a challenge, and without prior Lucidchart experience might be a dealbreaker.

Miro and Freehand

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Ultimately, we chose not to switch to Lucidspark and continued using Invision Freehand as our primary shared whiteboarding software. Some improvements have also been made to Microsoft Whiteboard recently. Although it currently lacks the feature to be a viable contender in the space, it shows potential promise for the future.
Michał D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Not so close to perfection

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

using each day but I think that there is a lack of full options such as offered by Miro in the "consultant" plan

Pros

easy to implement and customize, easy share

Cons

not elastic pricing plan, lack of Kanban board

Waleed K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent strategic planning tool in the form of a virtual whiteboard.

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

Lucidspark is primarily used by me for long-term planning. The most useful aspect was that I was able to immediately use icons to explain my planning.

Pros

Working in a group using Lucidspark is a breez, where We no longer need to meet in person to take images of the whiteboard. I used the workflow databases and diagrams to develop a whole application, which Start using one of the many templates provided. There's lots of opportunity for thought and debate here, for that we Make it unique with the available shapes.

Cons

Disappointing was the large size of the completed workflow drawings, which we were sometimes unable to email as attachments.

Chris R.
  • Industry: Banking

LucidSpark review

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

Overall, i have had strong experience with lucidspark in my first month of use. i like the numerous templates and would like to have a full license to be able to edit more than my last 3 boards, etc.

Pros

Ability to collect idea cards from multiple sources and categorize and use for discussion

Cons

Sometimes hard to see whole board and manuever to different regions of the board

Rahul S.

Great collaborative tool

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

Great tool for whiteboarding and drawing process flows. Easier to use compare to the other products in the market

Pros

Ease of use and embedded icons and logos

Cons

It is difficult to select and move a group of objects

Raquel R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Best software I have ever used

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Great!

Pros

It is very simple to use and provides step by step instructions. There are many templates available for all of your project needs.

Cons

Nothing, I have experienced no areas with Lucid that I see as a Con.

Anthony C.

Lucid spark is very easy to use and install

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

The only one I have tried and is suitable for my self employed business and clients to keep track of my projected progress

Pros

The easily assessable usage for data makes my job very easy with lucidspark

Cons

My company is about 65 percent adaptable with this product and is still very useful

Jacob S.

Best Whiteboard Solution

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Pros

Lucidspark is easily the best whiteboarding solution out there. I regularly use the software to pump out and organize a mess of sticky notes, conduct brainstorming sessions, map out customer journeys, or collaborate strategically with a team on next quarter's goals.

Cons

There isn't currently anything I dislike about this software.

Raaj V.
  • Industry: Design

Perfect tool for the (time-sensitive) job

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I was working of the early stages of a fast paced project which involved multiple stakeholders over several sites and a changing brief. It was perfect for creating a data flow diagram, an organisational structure and creating project-specific documents for client discussion and approval.
I found the software to be very easy to use. I was up, running and familiar with all it's features within 3-4 minutes. Creating the initial document took less than 15 minutes and was ready to share electronically.
Compared to the alternative software available to hand, it was fast, user-friendly and intuitive.
Considering it was the first time I had used it and that it was browser-based, I was impressed.

Pros

The fact that it is so quick and easy to use. That it is user-friendly enough with features such as snapping to shapes and arrows staying attached to the shapes is helpful.
Quickly saving out as PDFs and sharing with colleagues and clients is brilliant.
There are enough templates to find what I was looking for.
It's quicker than setting something up with Illustrator or MS word, powerpoint etc.
1Gb storage is helpful.

Cons

Because I've only scratched the surface with its use, I haven't had the opportunity to really push it's functionality enough to comment on this area yet. I would probably say theft that it's browser based because it would be great to have it as an app on my computer. I'm not often likely to use other computers and having yet another browser window open is a bit of a pain.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

The cost per month was low enough for me to try it for what I needed and there was a free trial period. It looked easy enough to use and seemed to be designed for creating flowcharts and the like.
George K.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Low-key replacement for post-it-notes and whiteboards

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Lucidspark, like its sibling, Lucidchart, is intuitive and easy to use. You can get up to speed with using this software very quickly and with next to no training.

Pros

This software is amazing for aggregating information and ideas and cataloging them in a meaningful way. I love how you can connect similar ideas and information to see connections and relationships. This has been very useful for capturing the wisdom and experience of retiring employees so it can be conveyed to personnel coming up through the ranks. Being able to catalog their different responsibilities and connect them together allows us to present a holistic view of the program so that new employees can get up to speed faster. I also love how this software is browser based so that it can be used anywhere on any device. This frees up staff from having to be in the office or worrying if they have a company computer.

Cons

I would like to see a feature where you can attach documents to different sparks. It would be helpful to enrich different ideas and sticky notes with supporting documents.

Tammy D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Visual Aid Tool To Use In Your Business

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

As a Business & Marketing Coach it is crucial that I have strategic plans and steps for clients to go through and complete so they can reach their goals. Lucidspark helps me achieve this as well as helps me to continue to develop programs, webinars, courses and more for future revenue sources.

I began using Lucidspark because I was introduced through Lucid Mindmapping (I was a paid subscriber to this). When they created their Lucidspark software they introduced to their audience.

I was immediately taken in by it and loved it. Their post-it boards are customizable from templates to colors and more. I began using it even more than their mindmapping tool. This became my visual aid go to tool.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. You can jump right in and begin without needing training.

Cons

The one con would probably be cost, although fair it not affordable for many micro businesses.

Mirro

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

I like the post-it boards to plan out steps for programs I offer.

Currently using both
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Excellent tool to go for across the other options

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Pros

Team collaboration in Lucidspark makes is extremely seamless. This tool is a must for enterprises and teams who would need collaboration across other members. The ability of the tool to operate through browser makes it very easy and intuitive to learn for the new team members. Lucidspark also comes with many pre-defined templates making the job easier for people who would work on multiple style of documents. Its ability to sync with Jira is also an important feature that I would recommend this tool for. All the teams who work on Jira can leverage Lucidspark to link their artefacts into the Jira issues/tasks, making the management of documents agile and simple.

Cons

The design styling of the objects and auto-alignment features can be improved. Also, the presentation feature can be integrated with meeting notes in order to capture the ongoing workshop notes.

Cameron H.

Lucidpark Review

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

I love the product, have been using it for many years

Pros

The ease and effortless way to create workflow diagrams and architecture diagrams

Cons

I love the product and it is easy and simple to use.

Microsoft Visual Studio

Microsoft Visual Studio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Was too slow and the thick client is very bulky and not easy to use.
Mackenzie K.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great, friendly, easy to use tool!

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

My experience has been pretty positive. I haven't needed much support but when I do they are responsive. The system allows for some room to be creative and I like that I'm given that space to do that.

Pros

I really enjoy how Lucidspark is able to provide me with a way to visualize what we are working on. Whether in my previous role as a product manager or now as I process engineer my team at Mayo. I love how simple it is to make a simple or complex diagram to define, focus or clarify areas of our department that we are responsible for. My team can clearly see what's in front of them and better understand the project or process we are looking at.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have anything that I least like. I enjoy how you can use a template or start from scratch and create whatever you need. It's pretty flexible once you get the hang of it.

Getting familiarized

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

I have used it lightly for documenting my thoughts but I have not given it too much use since I consider I wouldn't be able to use with my team at a higher scale.

Pros

I just started using it to have a place to document my understandings about a project I'm just starting to work with. I think it's very easy to understand, has all of the nice things I like about Lucidchart and I briefly tried to find ways to make it work during my Scrum meetings.

Cons

I could have not really grasped the price structure but at a high level it looked pretty expensive to me. I have a personal membership for Lucidchart that I use for my professional work and I don't mind paying for it. But from what I understood, Lucidspark would be far too expensive for me to get considering the size of my teams. Additionally I was not able to find any option within the tool that I could use to test the tool with a small crew or an option to use it with my whole team although with limited functionality.

• Industry: Research

Great and easy product

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

The value of this software to my work is great.

Pros

It's quick and easy to build charts. The best software out there of its kind.

Cons

Would be nice if it were cheaper like $5/month for individuals.

Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

Powerpoint is not as easy or fast to make charts and flowcharts.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Ease of use and ability to make charts quickly.
Ulises M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

nice!

Pros

Many templates to use and very collaborative

Cons

No local app, it would nice to have it offline.

Muhammad razmy B.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Developing a process flow seamlessly

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Pros

The ease of use. There are variety of features to choose from. Legend and Symbol come with a mini display for its uses and function. And pieces by pieces were connected even if the component or the element that we input might not seem to feel right, the outcome of the whole process flow being put together makes the work look tidy and clean. Extremely satisfied but still not to the budget im hunting for.

Cons

the price. I guess the price can be more of on a competitive range

Brad F.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Doesn't Get Any Easier

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

I started out looking for a tool that could quickly be created to display processes that need to be defined and it opened a door to other things that were identified needed to be created graphically that would have been done in a much cruder under represented manner. This list is growing to what needs to be created next.

Pros

I needed a tool that I could use to graphically express the processes, structures, and ideas of what I needed to create sales strategies. It needed to be simple, intuitive, and adaptive. I just didn't have time to learn another software package. Lucid did just that. I easily could create, edit, add-on, subtract, and combine to my projects with out having to read any tutorials, instructions, hunt for tips, or learn complicated keystrokes. Ease of use was it for me. Lucid allowed me to spend more time creating vs. struggling to create. Ideas and structure flowed much easier because I wasn't wrapped up in the "how do I do that" part.

Cons

I don't have a like least, but I can say i haven't used every that the software has to offer. I think it would be cool to have some AI in the software that notices things a user might be trying to do that is easier done with another tool or specific premade tool. A suggestion by the software could be made to help use a more useful too to accomplish ideas made easier.

Pavel K.

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

it is ok

Pros

Easy to use. Integration with Salesforce. Ability to share diagrams. Cloud storage. Ability to copy paste diagrams to office 365 as pictures

Cons

It is really hard to say. I think Integration with MS Teams

Sonakshi D.

Lucid User

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Great!

Pros

User friendly, easy to use and less complex

Cons

The shapes and design to follow a template for visibility always

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best Whiteboarding Tool

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I will be using LucidSpark as my online collaborative whiteboard from COVID-times and beyond!

Pros

Very easy to use, collaboration with others is easy - love the fact that it shows where participants cursors are.

Cons

More pre-configured shapes would be great.

Colin T.
  • Industry: Printing

Great software to manager complete workflow!

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Super useful for all production planning and invoicing. It ensures we do not miss anything.

Pros

Lucidspark is super easy to implement for all members of the team. Easy drag and drop placement of items and jobs and easy colour coding and brainstorming. Sharing with colleges is a breeze as well:)

Cons

Automatically change the copy and paste of a text to the font that is already being used in the box.