TaxDome

4.7 (1,892)
Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(1,892)
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.7/5

1892 Reviews for UK Users

Brittnie E.
  • Industry: Accounting

Finally found what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

OMG the email tasks seriously I don't have to search through my emails to find client stuff anymore, it makes me so happy I could cry. And yea I may be overreacting a bit, but the number of emails I receive is ridiculous, so this seriously makes my life so much better.

Pros

This software has the features I've been searching for for the past 3+ years. The customer support is amazing, responses are fast and if there is ever anything I'm looking for, if it's not available it's in the works!
Specifically, though I love that this app has the request feature that I can use for general communication with a client throughout tax season. Also the Emails as tasks. OMG, this makes my work life so much more streamlined!

Cons

There are still some features I would like to see, but as I already said these are in the works and I fully believe this company is hustling to get us, users, what we want!

Response from TaxDome

Thank you Brittnie, your feedback is valuable to us. We are happy to know that you got everything that you need.

Braddock B.

Great Value for all the Features

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

TaxDome is still new, but so far the experience has been excellent. We have our first client jobs in the pipelines and we're very happy so far. The workflow setup is a work in progress to be refined and improved as we go along. We found the TaxDome online documentation and videos to be very helpful.

Pros

We wanted a core platform for virtual tax preparation. The shortest technology stack the better. Our main tax preparation software is great at tax preparation, but were looking for something that could do all the rest. We did trials of a few names, but TaxDome stood out from the beginning. We liked the flexibility and customization available throughout TaxDome, particularly in the templates for almost every customer touch point. We liked the free eSignatures and the reasonably priced KBA. We liked the integrated payments and the ability to link invoices and documents approvals to workflow automation. We liked the ability to create a client self-onboarding environment. We liked the ability to customize a fairly sophisticated initial information intake (ie online tax organizer) through the conditional question building tools provided. Overall, what we liked the most is the value for what you get with TaxDome.

Cons

There is a learning curve around the automation functions, and getting used to the TaxDome nomenclature around jobs, piplines, and tasks. Setting up your workflow can be time-consuming, especially if you're a perfectionist with your templates, etc. We wish some of the system generated messages were templated/configurable. There is some awkward writing/verbiage here and there within the program. We wish there was a configurable default template for client notification preferences. We didn't like the non-customizable invoice or that there's nothing really to print or save PDF for a client. It's more a payment prompt than an invoice. We like the ability to move/drag/save files outside of TaxDome (ex: from the file structure of our main tax preparation software) into TaxDome, but we wish there was an auto-sync like other local drive to cloud drive services.

Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Value, customization, automation, mobile-friendly development
Vanessa F.

Learning to Use

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

Pros

They advertise that it is supposed to help automate many processes including administrative tasks such as onbording new clients, exchanging documents and communications. I also like how easy was to schedule the white glove onbording sessions.

Cons

It is really hard to setup on your own. Support does not seem to understand my industry details and questions don't get answered relevantly. I resorted to join a program that charges for setup, but don't know how that will be different yet.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your feedback Vanessa. Sorry to hear about your experience with our support team. We'll work hard to improve and learn from this experience. Please feel free to reach out to us again. Our Support is free and unlimited , including screen sharing sessions with us.

Taylor M.

The Software We Knew, Gone

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

Pros

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be.
- Phenomenal portal and client management
- They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes
- Document mark-up in the client portal
- E-signature and KBA is awesome!

Cons

- It's complex, but it's manageable
- Invoicing could use some love
- Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to....
- Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

Lynnorra P.

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.
Melissa M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Taking your tax practice into the future - virtually

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Even after the trial period with TaxDome, I had a false idea it would be so easy to set it up and have it take over so much. Spoiler: You have to do a lot of setup to make it that way. BUT, once the setup is complete, it's personalized to your brand. And it speeds up the whole process. And the cost savings - excellent. As an industry, we drag our feet with new changes. Going virtual has had many challenges. But, TaxDome is doing an excellent job of managing some of the big ones.

Pros

What sold me on TaxDome initially, was the secure portal and the signature capability for my clients. When I ran the numbers (because if you're reading this, you have run the numbers) the savings was substantial. What has kept me on, is the fact that I can print my documents straight into my client folders - huge time saver. And the pipelines I'm learning to use. I can see how it will make things more efficient and at the same time, provide bettter service for my clients.

Cons

I feel like the there should be a better displayed to do list or calendar of due dates. I'm currently (but keep in mind, I'm still learning how to use pipelines and tasks and jobs) keeping a list of tasks and returns and projects on excel.

Lynn S.

Lynco Review of Tax Dome

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I have found their tech support technicians to be very responsive. They have a good deal of reference articles. It's like every new program, there's a lot to learn and you have to invest the time.

Pros

That it is designed specifically for tax practices

Cons

There is so much to learn and knowing exactly where to start is a real challenge. The fact that you have only one option to automate in bulk (upon uploading the customer list during import) is a scary process. If something goes wrong, I have a lot of unhappy clients. If I don't make the decision at the beginning, there's no option to do in bulk later. This does not seem practical for a new user. Bulk functions should be available at any time in the process.

Shamese C.

Solid All-in-One

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

Everything has been great, especially the customer service. My reps have been very knowledgeable about the product and timely with their responses.

Pros

The all-in-one functionality. It allows you to combine your CRM and PMS and more!

Cons

Nothing as of yet. It can be a lot to set up, especially if you're very particular about your client facing templates. But once it's set up, you're good to go! They offer complimentary on-boarding/customer service calls so you'll never be alone to implement.

Christina T.

Love it!

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

I really enjoy the product. I’ve had some communication with Customer Service and they’re very upbeat and positive.

Pros

I like the simplicity. I also really appreciate having all of my tools in one program. I was previously using a different program to verify signatures. This program has it all. Document management. Invoicing. It’s a great customer relationship manager tool.

Cons

I don’t have any cons. I’m still learning the pipelines. I am in a group where a lot of people use the pipelines and love them. I’m excited to learn more about them so I can start implementing them as well. There is a little bit of a learning curve due to the customization.

NetSuite CRM

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Honestly, I really appreciated that there was no price increase based on capacity. It’s a company that I know I can grow with without having to continuously reevaluate the pricing structure each year.

Change was needed

Reviewed on 29/12/2021

My overall experience with TaxDome has been GREAT! This is because of there support team. I just simply open a chat communication when I have a quick question and they are normally able to point me in the right direction.

Pros

I came to this software because we can use zapier so that it can communicate with some of the other software that we use. I also like the fact that it has an app for our clients to use.

Cons

The software is expensive because you are paying per user. The more employees you have the more you are going to pay. Most software includes a certain amount of employees per price tier. This software does not integrate with the tax software to show the client there tax return status.

Canopy Software, CCH Tagetik and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We made the switch because our previous software does not allow us to use the information we have to push into other software so that we don't have to continuously type the same information over and over again.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I chose TaxDome because all of there features were included in the price.
Patrice B.

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Pros

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Cons

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Adobe Sign and Trello

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for that amazing feedback Patrice. You can check our webinars on this link http://taxdome.com/webinars and our Youtube Academy. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Maria A.

Time saver

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

I like it so far, and the functionalities are going to save me time. There is a learning curve though. I have been watching videos, attending webinars, etc. I think that when everything is set up is going to be great.

Pros

The ability to create automation for some processes and that is going to save time so I will be able to help more clients and give them more attention. The hub that integrates website, client portal, invoice management, engagement letter, Tax Organizers, e-signature all at an affordable price.

Cons

I had some issues with the client database import (due to my CSV file configuration, so no TD fault), I had to manually create contacts (spouses), and fill out client information, which was time consuming. I think that there is a learning curve for all the functionalities (and because I am new to this). Although the unlimited support is very handy, I like to do things myself to understand how it works.

Canopy Software

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault discontinued the plan I was subscribing to, and the price was going to tripled. I was already thinking about getting some automation to manage my business, and this pushed me to TD.

Weebly, Encyro and SmartVault

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I didn't even looked at Canopy, because some people at a tax professionals group in Facebook spoke highly of TD.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Maria, thank you for the review. We appreciate it. We understand that you're still trying to learn everything, please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Again, our support is free and unlimited.

Will K.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great customer service and great development team with Taxdome

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

Pros

Your development team and customer support has been great to work with. Where the company is notably still developing, the support team is incredibly receptive to feedback and really supportive in onboarding and migrating users. Some of the best support I've seen.

Additionally the document management system, attaching invoices to documents and the client portal shows signs that your teams have been able to capture many of the industries pain points. It gives me faith in your development team that you all will be able to continue to build out great features.

Cons

The UI is clunky. There are other ways to structure the platform to be more functional that I think would be generally more efficient and there are some errors that could be worked through with a few UI specialists. I'd reach out to some of your younger practice users/technology driven ones and doing some video sessions having them do a walkthrough of their working day and have them talk about some of the UI problems.

The user permissions are tough I appreciate that they can be toggled but The direct message feature should be able to be toggled as well.

I'd also love a direct payroll provider integration such as ADP. Because you all are doing full practice management with a time tracking feature. A great function would be to build out a payroll integration so that firm owners could easily run payroll for their employees.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, Will! We highly appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Richard B.

Great Mid-cost CRM Option

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

The chief business problem we've solved is not having to search email accounts for files that clients emailed to us. That's a great feature.

We've also solved the issue of not having a CRM that required tremendous amounts of design and customization work. Our old CRM was great, but its care and feeding to make it do what we wanted it to do was a ton of work (both partner-level time and contractor time). TaxDome on the other hand was about 60 hours of partner-level time and some of their support time (which was free).

I'm really impressed by TaxDome's responsiveness to its user community and the speed and pace with which they are innovating their product and adding new features.

Pros

1. Inbox+ is a game changer as far as features go. That's the feature in TaxDome that automatically moves emails from clients to a firm-wide burndown list that allows you to check them off as you resolve items. That means you don't have to spend valuable time in tax season rummaging through your mailbox to sort the client emails out from the sales/junk emails, which is very handy.

2. The immediate copying of email attachments sent by clients into the clients' document field is incredibly helpful. We used to spend so much time shuffling client data from place to place when they would email it to us instead of using our portal. Now it's all automatically there for us to work on when we need to and we can flag particular items that we need the clients to add.

3. The monthly subscription feature is huge as it allows you to add seasonal staff on demand and only pay for them when you need them.

4. The support is exceptional. All of my experiences engaging with TaxDome's staff live (I haven't tried email/chat) have been exceptional. They're well trained and know their product. I have had to spend a lot of time with them (which is free) in order to fully deploy our implementation of TaxDome.

5. TaxDome is continuing to add to their product and innovate. The product lives and evolves from season to season. Many vendors in the tax industry make only tax-change-required updates to their products each season. TD has a well-communicated list of forthcoming priorities.

Cons

1. Integration is somewhat challenging because there isn't API integration with our tax software (CCH's ATX). There is pseudo integration in the form of direct desktop upload and print to TaxDome through a PDF printer (which is handy), but that only allows data to flow in one direction and when manually prompted. That said, the only competitive products that I reviewed that offered API integration were literally ten times the cost.

2. Telephone integration is simply absent from the product. We use ringcentral.com as our telephone provider and what we were accustomed to in our prior CRM was direct integration with RingCentral. That meant that every time a client called or we called a client it was logged in the system and we could attach notes to specific calls about what was discussed (or bill for the time) without separate action on our part (the same way that TaxDome handles Inbox+, which was very handy).

3. There is no good way to manage prospective leads in TaxDome. Interactions are defined as "accounts" (actual clients) and "contacts." Automated processes within the system cannot run on contacts.

4. Good at managing the existing practice, but it's poor at the sales activities that you need to grow.

5. The eSignature interface is somewhat clunky and doesn't compare favorably to non-tax eSignature products. It's just as good as any eSignature product I've ever seen in the tax industry.

Canopy Software

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Unlike Zoho, TaxDome was specifically tailored to the tax industry. Zoho was a great product, but it took so much heavy lifting to get it customized for our needs because it was a general-purpose CRM that it was just simpler to switch to a tax-specific product.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Overall cost and a-la-carte pricing model.
Abbey G.

Best All In One Software - I've tried them all

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

TaxDome support is incredibly responsive and useful. The implementation time was minimal for this software. I got my workflows set up in a day and was working in the software pretty efficiently within 3 days. My clients LOVE the portal and it sets me apart as an accounting firm because our communication is consistent, timely, and they know where to find me.

Pros

I love that it has all of the features I really wanted for a great client experience and workflow management. The client portal is phenomenal. The Workflows are easy to setup and the templates are a great starting point. Not too complex and not too simplistic

Cons

I wish that recurring tasks customized to a specific client could be built into a recurring pipeline job instead of having to link recurring tasks when they're created. I can tell this feature is missing because of the way the software was designed to streamline the workflow management experience which is otherwise phenomenal. The minor inconvenience of linking a task to a job after the fact is minimal compared to the rest of the benefits I have from this software.

Canopy Software and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I mostly used ClientHub prior to switching and I switched mostly because it was too simplistic and not as secure. The client portal was decent in ClientHub but this one is better. Workflows were great in ClientHub but TaxDome has the potential to be even better.

Canopy Software and Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All three of the softwares I had been evaluating prior to finding TaxDome each had some of the features I wanted but none of them had them all. Ultimately Karbon was too complex and time consuming to setup for my small accounting firm, Client Hub was too simplistic and not secure enough, and Canopy was geared more toward Tax only rather than both tax and accounting/bookkeeping.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback, Abbey! we appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. If there's still missing feature that you would like to add in TaxDome especially related Task and Pipeline, we have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized . Feel free to reach out to our team. Our support is free and unlimited.

Gili A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Innovative and very responsive tool

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

I love the concept, I love the delivery. I am crazy about your costumer service. The best I have ever experienced.
I really want this to work for me and if it is, I will be sending your ways many of my colleagues that are waiting to hear back from me about it.
The cost of adding new users is also too high. I wish there was a consideration of a lower fee for secretary users or other temporary users.

Pros

I like the most the condition that you can put on opening a file with payment first.
The software is very well organized and keeps things clean and reachable. it does all that I need from a document management software and has so many extras that I love and didn't even know about such as client classification, share of documents, sending requests for signatures etc.

Cons

It's not as fast to respond when I make a choice. I which they used a faster server.
The Upload of clients from a previous software is not that easy.
When I print a tax return from the tax software, I would love it if I could pick a default folder to drop it in.
The Windows implementation is not there yet. I am using a server that hosts my tax software and that server is refusing to allow TD to download there. This might be a deal breaker in the future.
I wish I could use Quickbooks as a merchant in the SW but it's only allowing for CPACharge and Stripe.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Gili!

Thanks for your feedback! Kindly reach out to our customer success team for further assistance. Support is free and unlimited.

Andrew C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Not perfect, still the best for a small firm

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

Pros

Probably the best thing about TD is that it does so many things adequately. But the strongest feature is the workflow management and the way that it harmonizes with client communication---the synergy there is market-beating.

Cons

I am disappointed in the timekeeping function, especially the reporting. It seems like a very simple function compared to their sophisticated workflow functions. It is downright primitive. I also can't figure out whether it will really be usable as a CRM. They advertise that, but I'm not sure it can really replace even the most basic CRM.

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The benefits of having Organizers, Secure Messaging, File Transfer, Job Tracking, and Automated Communication all exist within one integrated system. We were losing so much time transferring data between systems.

Jotform

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The transparent pricing was probably #1. But also TD is just more powerful, if a little less slick and shiny. I feel like no one understands what Tax firms need quite like TaxDome does.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I understand that our time tracker feature is not as robust just yet but we will be releasing additional functionalities soon, such as hourly rate per staff and create invoice from the time entry - that is currently in development.

Lauren C.

TaxDome is a must!

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

Instead of using multiple applications, we have one central system to use everyday which has become a life saver. We can organize our clients by service and make sure no one falls through the cracks. The Tax Dome team has also been super accommodating and patient as we learn the ins and outs.

Pros

We've been looking for a program that has it all and we finally stumbled across Tax Dome. Even as a small company, we process over 1,000 tax returns a year, plus offer bookkeeping services, as well as other financial services. We needed a service that had it all in one place with an efficient task manager. We've been able to stay more organized and increase our scale of business.

Cons

The integration took a little while to be fully completed, and of course there's a learning curve with a new program/software, but we're confident, with practice, Tax Dome will only become easier to use.

Response from TaxDome

Thanks for your amazing feedback, Lauren! Feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team anytime if you need any assistance as support is free and unlimited.

Deanna S.

Great product, Great Customer Service, and still finding hidden gems

Reviewed on 27/06/2021

My partner and I came from a tax firm that used a dated practice management workflow consisting of various disjointed software tools, spreadsheets, and humans. There were terrible inefficiencies resulting in considerable operating overhead (labor costs, software licenses, real estate, etc.) and a tremendous amount of stress during the tax season. Thanks for COVID, we decided that our new tax firm was going completely virtual with client appointments and we would leverage a practice management suite that helped us achieve efficiency, accuracy, and scale. We are leveraging a hosted version of our tax software eliminating the need for an IT person on-staff and TaxDome will allow us to streamline our workflow so we have no need for seasonal admin staffing. It's only been two weeks since we started working with TaxDome, but so far we are ecstatic and we see it helping us to fulfill our goals for the firm.

Pros

Coming from a quagmire of administrative staff, spreadsheets, and various software to manage our practice, TaxDome is an absolute godsend. We've only had the opportunity to work with it for a couple of weeks during the trial period, but we have been impressed with it beyond our expectations. We really like the variety of tools that made the import of contacts/docs expedient and reliable. The email sync feature is just amazing as it eliminates the noise of a junked-up inbox. The mobile app with built-in document scanner is so incredibly neat that I think our clients will easily get on-board with these changes in how we interact with them. I would be remiss if I didn't give the customer service team some love as well. I must've bugged them everyday about something. They were prompt, courteous, and helpful with each and every correspondence. Lastly, as we continue to learn the TaxDome platform, we're discovering new functionality we didn't expect but will help immensely. For example, one feature we just found was the ability to edit PDF documents within the TaxDome platform itself. Amazing!

Cons

Honestly, there hasn't been anything that I've experienced in the past 2 weeks that would warrant a complaint of any sort. We would've really liked to have a scheduling module in TaxDome where we can organize and schedule our reviews with clients, but not a deal breaker and as I understand it is in the works anyway.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Deanna,

Thank you for your feedback. We currently have the scheduling module planned in our feature request board. I have upvoted your firm to this request, feel free to add any comments or suggestions here- https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/company-appointment-scheduling-with-popular-online-calendar-integration

Patricia G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great but ready for improvements.

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Pros

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

Cons

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Jetpack Workflow, Financial Cents, Asana, Canopy and ClickUp

Price for features.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Mark S.

Terrific Product That Understands How Accountants and Tax Preparers Work

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Pros

This product is focused on its customer base. It is not trying to be all things to all industries. The developers understand how accountants and tax preparers work. Even in the short time I have been a client, there is a strong development effort to make the product better and more useful. Customer vote on what improvements they want to see added to the program and TaxDome provides a roadmap on what features are being developed and when they will be implemented. TaxDome's culture is focused on customer service.

Cons

It is clear that TaxDome has done a good job of integrating CRM, document storage, e-signatures, and client communications. As a browser-based solution, it suffers from all the problems that products that work over the Internet have. Whenever I have problems it is hard to know whether it is my internet connection, the number of browser screens open, or something with TaxDome and its servers. I do know it is as good as my previous broswer-based CRM and its speed is comparable to QuickBooks Online.

I would like the email and message templates to be better. Currently, you can't use fields in the contact records within emails to make them more client-friendly. Also, the invoicing features need improvement. The amount of information that can be included in an invoice is limited and I provide my clients with a line item invoice to show why their tax returns cost what they do.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the feedback. This is what helps us improve TaxDome. The ability to add more short codes (add data from existing contact records) is currently in development (you can upvote the existing request we have here so you'll be notified of its progress: https://feedback.taxdome.com/feature-requests/p/shortcodes-in-communication-with-the-client-emails ) and we recently rolled out Services to itemize your invoices in TaxDome so clients can see exactly what they're paying for: https://help.taxdome.com/article/393-services

Mayra B.

Good Overall System

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

I was hoping to retire my share file, webhosting and marketing email accounts with Tax-dome but I have yet to see if the website will be useful. Share file allows me to share folders with more than one client but tax-dome does not. You will have to load the file to each client and update each client. And though I will be able to use tax-dome to mass email there is no birthday or holiday email function so I may have to keep the other software's for certain things. But Tax-dome does have many features the other's do not, like file locking to invoices, organizers and pipelines. But it does not completely replace all the other software.

Pros

All the features make it a great deal for the money

Cons

The software does a lot of great things once you get the hang of it. However, it is not as intuitive as promised and it is slow to move from screen to screen. You need to have a lot of time available to view lots of webinars for every feature to learn how to use it then a lot of time to customize it. Not all customizations are available. The bulk upload app is glichy and shuts down every time you put lots of files with multiple destinations. Then you have to start all over and upload file by file. The chat help is frustrating to initiate, they ask several questions and try to direct you to self help and webinars instead of chatting. You have to ask your question 3 times to get an actual person to help. The onboarding call is a bit rushed and is directed by the client so be prepared. It isn't so much an onboarding as much as an opportunity to ask your questions. They won't help you customize your website until you are a paying customer so you don't know if you the website hosting is a benefit until after you pay for the year.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Mayra,

Thank you for your feedback. Support is free and unlimited. You can schedule more onboardings to ask more questions. Our chat system uses the auto bot which helps find the root of your concern/question so we can provide a better service.

Erika L.

Powerful Tool for Your Accounting Business

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

I am going to be using TaxDome as an all in one tool to run my practice. So far, I am amazed by how much time it is helping me save. It will also help me to hire a few employees and staff since I am growing. It makes it easy to track and delegate tasks.

Pros

I like most that this software is an all-in-one tool. It is packed with useful features and can streamline the way that an accounting professional runs their firm. The support is also excellent, offering white glove, in person onboarding and well organized manuals. I have also heard from my clients that the client interface is easy to use. They have been more responsive to me on this tool than the tool I was using previously.

Cons

The pros about this tool are almost the cons! There are so many features to unlock and learn about. There are also a few features that need to be added into it (although I see that it is still being devleoped). It needs to have a feature that allows the firm to sign documents as well as the client (rather than using a pasted signature that is easy to forge). It also needs to have more templates for workflows and contracts (or at least better ones). I also think that TaxDome would benefit from a user group in which users can share best practices and templates and tools.

Liscio, Jetpack Workflow and Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The tools I was using required a lot of manual processes and did not have a streamlined interface. I was also just looking for a practice management tool, and then I came across TaxDome, which does more than just practice management.

Trello, RightSignature and SmartVault

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome has more features at a lower cost and was recommended by more of my peers.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Erika,

Thanks! We have a facebook group for TaxDome Users, please join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/taxdome

We also have a feature request board where you can communicate with our product team directly.

Cindy H.

All-in-One Solution for Tax & Accounting work

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

I've known exactly what I've wanted from a software solution for several years and had resorted to piecing together multiple apps with Zaps to try and automate where I could. But it was still frustrating until TD came along. You just "get it" and while it's not perfect yet, I can see a real dedication to continuous improvement and I love that. I have now been able to eliminate so many other apps I was using for eSignature, client portal, doc sharing, mass emailing, client data management, etc.

Pros

The workflow automation is a game changer. No more endless writing the same message over and over to clients. The software tells us when a client has finished their tasks and they are ready for us to work on their job.

Cons

Navigation is a little cumbersome -- too many clicks required. It's not exactly intuitive to the user yet. I would like to see more high level statistics with the ability to drill into details, rather than a lot of detail all on one page.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Cindy, that you for your feedback, we appreciate it. TaxDome always strives to be better and we are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. What really sets us apart is we are not a marketing company, we are led by product to create the best products we can for you and your team. You can chat with us or email us ([email protected]) about your questions regarding navigation, just let us know.

Russell B.

The unbelievably affordable Swiss Army knife for my practice

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Pros

Their all in one approach, and their incredible ongoing commitment to future improvements, all for a staggeringly low price.

Their pipeline approach to task management is exactly what I’ve been searching for. It does a fantastic job of distilling complex workflows down into a series of tasks that smoothly flow from one stage to the next.

They have many, many YouTube videos to demonstrate different features, and, importantly, also a series of videos that instructs CLIENTS on how to use the portal.

Cons

Some areas are still clunky but still usable. The mechanism for clients to create a subfolder in and/or upload documents to a specific folder is not very intuitive.

Clicking links within the site opens up a new tab far too often. Clicking on the + for sub tasks in a pipeline stage opens a new tab for some reason. Responding to an email from the inbox+ section opens a new tab. Clicking a client name while looking at an account opens a new tab. It seems very unnecessary.

OTP entry on mobile devices is a pain since did sons reason they decided not to let you paste a code in.

The conditional logic for their organizers is extremely limited, although they tell me they are working to expand this in the near future.

These are all minor annoyances in an overall outstanding product.

Liscio and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Lack of development, slow server speed, clunky portal that is inefficient to navigate, lack of a local workstation interface for portal files (web only, unlike TaxDome), lack of task management that works for my office. Developer is friendly and tells me all the time that improvements are coming but they never materialize. All for only $5 less per month than TaxDome.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All in one approach, outstanding value for the price. They are rapidly improving the product and continuing to develop it into an even better product. Simple flat pricing.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Russell, we appreciate your feedback, thank you for letting us know. We are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. We have an existing feature request (available to paid subscribers) to open new tab vs new page.

You can also read more about our Organizers here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/114-custom-organizer-templates

You can reach us through chat or through email ([email protected]) if you have other questions.