Lightspeed Restaurant Reviews

Lightspeed Restaurant

Point of sale (POS) system for restaurants

4.2/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
4.4/5

202 Reviews for UK Users

Evan

Highly adaptable and intuitive POS

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

Kounta as a POS system has been able to grow with us, providing flexibility and ease of use that is a massive relief when you have the pressures of an expanding business to contend with.

The ability to simply add or subtract registers, combined with the functionality of a internet based system makes change relatively pain free. Wireless waiter stations, Albert pay terminals, Bluetooth printers (which I don't have but am excited about and will probably get), its all so easy to use.

Why pay thousands of dollars in cabling, installation costs and labour in setting up your system? Good question - i'm not sure! Just research what you want - call Kounta, put it in and download the software... add your products, tailor it the way you want, and go for it!

Pros

Ease of alteration and basic use for staff

Cons

The back end of product input is a little cumbersome - a simply category/sub-category/sub-sub category system works best. Sometimes this is represented by Department/category/sub-category either way, it is far more flexible for product input, button organisation and more granular for reporting.

Marchelle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Lightspeed is an excellent partner to us

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Lightspeed is a true partner with us at Campus Towers. With their programs we have a reliable easy to use program. We are very satisfied with the service provided.

Pros

Lightspeed is so easy to use. The simplicity of the program makes it so efficient for even my newest team members to use. We would be lost without it. The service team is outstanding to work with. The reliability is outstanding.

Cons

Actually we are very satisfied with the services that we are receiving from Lightspeed.

Kesha

Go with something else!

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

If it was up to me, I would cancel our contract.

If it was up to me, I would cancel our contract.

Pros

Fairly easy to set up for basic items. Not much else is easy with this.

Cons

Anytime we lose power, printers will not work and requires a 45 min - 1 hour call with support. Cannot set up a tab using a credit card at our bar. Tickets print too long with unnecessary information that is redundant. Multi-choice items are difficult to program and then make the order tickets EXCEEDINGLY long. System freezes up when the restaurant is busy causing delays.

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Kesha,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value our customers' feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns.

As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback.

You may reach us Toll-Free at: 1-844-365-2868

Lightspeed Commerce

Rick
  • Industry: Restaurants

Overall very happy with our decision to move to Lightspeed as our POS

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

We are very happy overall that we moved forward back in November with Lightspeed. No regrets and very happy we made the switch. Thank you

Pros

Very user friendly for our staff, we have some "older" staff that are not very computer knowledgeable and they were able to learn the workflow very easily, and our younger staff love it because its like using their phone. We have recommended Lightspeed restaurant to other restaurant operators. Reporting is great, back office can be accessed from a tablet our phone to make changes and see reports on the fly.

Cons

Would like to see more integration with other platform for online gift card sales, also would like to see a few different hourly reporting functions.

TouchBistro
Assad
  • Industry: Restaurants

How Lightspeed will help improve your business.

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

I signed up with Lightspeed back in Nov 2016 and I have never looked back.

Lightspeed gives me...

I signed up with Lightspeed back in Nov 2016 and I have never looked back.

Lightspeed gives me accuracy and analysis.

Through Lightspeed's data I was able to save costs through employee shrinkage.

Combined with Lightspeed's great customer and tech support, you've got a winning combination that no one can beat.

Pros

They are accuracy and analysis.

With Lightspeed each and every order is entered with 100% accuracy, so you don't have to worry about wrong items or amounts being entered. And with their integrated system you can manage your inventory, and analyze your sales patterns. All because Lightspeed gives you sophisticated and detailed sales reports at your fingertips all while saving time and money and reducing costs.

Cons

There was no onsite tutorial on how to access certain data, but a quick call with tech support and within a few minutes I mastered the system and where everything is placed.

Jaime
  • Industry: Restaurants

User friendly and great customer service

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Pros

We've been using Lightspeed at our Marina/Restaurant/Bar for 3 years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The setup was really straight forward and there has been such great customer service for any questions or issues that have come up. It's very user friendly and easy to train new staff on. Very simple when it comes to changing prices or adding new products. We are very happy we went with Lightspeed at Marina Knowlton!

Cons

I'm not a very "techie" person so there have been some issues that have come up (that would have come up with any POS) that I wasn't able to figure out on my own. But any time we have called customer service for support they have helped fix the problem. So in the end, not really a con!

Stuart

Industry standard POS software with learning curve

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Mostly positive. There is a leaning curve. Gets the job done and is industry standard for bicycles.

Pros

This software is the industry standard in the bike industry. Most common item are in their database and it does everything that it needs to do. There is a learning curve and it is not clear, to me, if cloud backup is available for records. I have read about integration with quick books but have yet to explore this feature.

Cons

Searchable help, including FAQ, while using would be helpful. Item names appear partially when searching until you click on them. This makes it hard to differentiate between 2 similar items.

Frank
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Fantastic system; exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

When we decided to explore for a new POS system for our business, we were looking for a system that would be very user friendly, easy to install, good solid remote help desk and overall, a system that would be speed up our service. Due to the fast responses from lightspeed we were completely informed with the solution offered and had a quote in our inbox within no time. Very accurate, detailed and excellent service. Now 5 weeks later, the system is up and running in our operation in Jamaica. The installation was quick and easy (and we are certainly no experts at it) The staff training literally took 10 minutes and everybody enjoys working with the program. Most importantly as managers and owners we have all the accurate information available to control sales, waste and possible theft. All information is just a few Clicks away. Incase you don’t know; the help desk is simply phenomenal and well trained. As you can tell, I can recommend lightspeed to any company that looks for a system that clearly was designed for the user and by pros.

Pros

The ease of using it. Very user friendly, even a person that has barely ever been in contact with a tablet or PC has no problem using it.

Cons

Have not found anything yet that we would need. Other than maybe the ability to pay in a different currency (calculate change in another currency for example)

Terrible Integration with XERO

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Pros

Daily monitoring of the sales
History of sales figures
taking the orders at the till although couple of times it started to update in the busy time without asking

Cons

- Updating without asking on busy times in front of customers
- Frequent disruptions
- Very poor integration with XERO, multiple times we had to export the reports manually and recently they changed the whole thing and the reports of three months did not export to XERO and it's very complicated to setup and retrieve the data. Customer service and support was poor as well
- It's very expensive and not value for money

Kim

LightSpeed Success

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

LightSpeed support is superior to all other product support I am getting both from a business standpoint as well as personal. Their response is quick and understandable.

Pros

Easy to use backed up by professional support. Conversion and training was excellent.

Cons

Consignment reporting requires a couple extra steps from my previous product.

Maria

My experience with Lightspeed

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

Not the greatest. The last rep that took care of my problem was the best one I had in the last 5 years. His name is [sensitive content hidden] and he should be rewarded for his excellent customer service!

Pros

It is easy to use and the back office reports are very useful.

Cons

When it glitches the time on hold on the phone is ridiculous and Lightspeed needs to put techs on the road to help out the restaurants using their product

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Maria,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the services received. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease.

If ever you would like to provide more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Success Team via email at [email protected].

Lightspeed Commerce

Lloyd

Kounta customer review

Reviewed on 03/02/2015

Product is good but not all encompassing.
We need to be able to amend previously finalised takings...

Product is good but not all encompassing.
We need to be able to amend previously finalised takings if changes or errors are made. This has been communicated to Kounta and apparently will be looked at and hopefully rectified in a further release??
The price schedules are limited and not really applicable for my size organisation. I would like to have 2 x POS devices however paying more than $50 per month would lead me to making the once of purchase for a non-cloud customised POS system. The fact you need to add a new register to have an additional device seems ludicrous to me and I would beleive would limit your customer base. What about all the cafes out there that want one register but multiple devices to take orders. Sorry to be critical but it appears to be a mechansim of revenue raising, albeit you could get the same results from just growing your customer base by having a more universal and cost effective product.
I'd suggest you could come up with some alternate pricing schedules where adding an additional device for $10 per device per month versus a whole register would add value to your product. I'd happily pay $60 per month to have one register and two devices to take orders to that register.
Maybe I'm missing some sort of constraint hindering you from enabling multiple devices on the one register however in this day and age I would have thought it would be easy.
Food for thought, I won't be increasing my subscription but rather work around this limitation.
Again, I'm not trying to be critical but what I get for $50 per month from Xero for a cloud based accounting software versus what I currently receive from Kounta for $50 is a month, the difference in value us astounding.
The reason for an overall rating of 3 stars primarily relates to your pricing schedule.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you wish to clarify any of this feedback.

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Lloyd
The honesty is appreciated and good to get feedback on how our pricing scales for small business, we'll have our team get in touch to discuss how you and your client can get more value from Kounta to help balance out the equation.

Angela
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Not for a bar and terrible customer service

Reviewed on 28/08/2021

Basically I’ve spent 3 months begging someone to help me figure out how I can best tailor the system to my needs. No one cares. Their system limps along at Best and they just don’t care. They also can no longer take tap or touch less payment.

Pros

Great gooey, product buttons adjustable, and reaction of buttons.

Cons

Customer service sometimes takes an hour to respond. Only level one available to speak. Cash drawers severely limited in features. My credit card processing is not working and Lightspeed knows says it’s a setting. They will look at it “next week”
And they did take Google and Apple Tap payment but recently stopped

Revel Systems

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Too many glitches and their expensive monitor became outdated after only 1 year.

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Restaurant

Send more modern and better
Kumaresan

First Advanced Software

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

We need better support system in the week end. We need a app to view from the menu. We will have to use browser to login into restaurant manager. As a owner, we need to simple app to check the sales summary for each location in the app.

Pros

Easy to use with many features. We have been using this software since the inception. We are happy with software.

Cons

There are few limitations to use it but it's getting fixed one by one. We have only POS system. We are looking complete solutions for the restaurant to track the sales and expenses.

Peter

User friendly constantly improving

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Pros

its ease of use, customer support is great, reporting is good. They are always coming out with updates and improvements

Cons

it was buggy at first but they have come a long way and are always there to help

Emma

Great system

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Pros

Great easy system to use. Easy to change payment methods and products and downloading and updating on excel also possible. Just starting to sync with Xero so that’s good too. Customer support really has improved massively since we started using it 2 years ago. I would recommend as a good all rounder.

Cons

Reporting in close detail has been a tricky one but with Kounta insights it seems to be improving although I think it’s still work in progress.

Alexandra

Best on the market

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Anytime an issue or a question rise up, the team is super helpful and quick to solve it !

Pros

Best POS system on the market. Period ! The customer service and dummy proof system makes everythiong easy, plus accounting is directly linked. Amazing time saver !

Cons

When you set up your floor plan there is not a lot of choices in terms of ''decoration'' to help new memebers of the team visualise the better.... But truly, that's being a little bit over the top...

Leigh

Very user friendly!

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

Pros

User friendly, and excellent technical and customer support. Lightspeed has lot of options for formatting the POS, which is an asset to any restaurant.

Cons

Using the restaurant version, there are a few limitations. First, there is limited to no inventory management. As well, there is no way to have a negatively priced product (for example if someone returns something)

Amelia

Great Customer support

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Immediate customer support is a huge plus

Immediate customer support is a huge plus

Pros

Ideal for hospitality..providing hospitality POS solutions that were once considerably more expensive. Understands the Australian market. Great customer support. Was having a problem at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning and got an immediate response from a real human. Big ticks for that!
Easy to update and maintain.

Cons

a little bit steep for a new business. But overall a great piece of software..the retail capacity is limited but works well for a cafe with a few retail items.

Rob

Great system

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Great system great support great company
Any problems we have had have been addresses and all to...

Great system great support great company
Any problems we have had have been addresses and all to our satisfaction

Pros

Stable uses Apple network. Very stable
Price very moderately price with loads of features
Equipment using Apple products cannot get better

Cons

Some ticket layout problems. But fix things monthly
Need a router with a 3G back up Incase the internet goes down

Sean
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

From Implementation to working in Remote locations, effortless and efficient.

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Lightspeed was very easy to implement, it's cut down on the time required to order and receive stock into inventory and do cycle counts to keep our inventory levels accurate. We use Light Speed to offer credit to some accounts, managing credit accounts is efficient and easy. we also take some of our terminals to Trade Shows for selling products and remote set up is always quick and effortless, the processes flow as smoothly as if we were back in our store. Processing orders is quick and effcient, and has helps us to increase the level of customer serivce and experience in our store and at Trade Shows.

- Sean Craig
Senior Manager of Corporate Credit
Factors Group of Nutritional Companies ltd.

Pros

Ease of set up and Use
Portability
Inventory Management
Interface
Customer Support times/response
Credit Account Management
Individual log-ins for staff for performance tracking
Excellent Reporting

Cons

Receipt Customization would be nice
Receipt do not print Credit Account information as it was at time of sale, but as it is when you reprint, having archived receipts would help with reconciling accounts with customers when questions arise.

Doris

Kouta is pretty good

Reviewed on 19/08/2018

Kouta is a smart point of system sale, Kounta has the most amazing customer services

Pros

Kounta system is very smart and easy to follow.

Cons

* It seems a little pricy, we are in NZ and it's in AUS dollars excl GST.
* it needs wifi connections to run all the time. (perhaps it's the trend of our world now :)

One questions in the meanwhile: is there a function to retrieve how many dishes of an item we have sold in a period of time? many thanks!

Olivier

Work like a Beta version

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Feel like your buying high price Pos but when ou using it it feel like its a early Beta version!

Pros

Very stable, Back end for report and input items in
Dark color on ipad is really nice to not distract customer in restaurant

Cons

Does nt print modifier in Red
lots of little feature that should be there for restaurant that are not
hard of spit bill
Report are not that great.
not the most intuitive Pos i used

Santie
  • Industry: Hospitality

The best customer service and support I have experienced!

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

I am new to the hospitality industry and there is so much to learn and I need to learn fast. Kounta's excellent customer service and support has helped me tremendously to streamline my sales and to look professional. With so much to learn in the beginning, it was comforting to have a friendly voice always on the other side of the phone to assist me , and all the staff at Kounta have always been very patient with me (when I don't understand). Service like this is rare, and I absolutely appreciate it. I will always be loyal to this Company and will recommend it to everyone. Kounta has a fantastic product and they have the support to match it in order for you to utilize your products to the fullest and get value for your money. Thank you for a great product but even greater customer service and support!

Pros

The support and customer service. It is no use to have an excellent product and the user don't know how to use it. Kounta matches their excellent product with excellent support.

Cons

I have not anything negative to say about this product.

Maïna

Impressive

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Pros

I'm owner of a coffeeshop but also a mom of 2 young kids so the fact that I can manage my business from wherever I need, even on my phone is amazing! Also so much potentiel to help optimize every aspect of the business. Great and efficient customer support also!

Cons

It would be even better if it was independant from WI-FI