Quickbooks Online

3.9/5

4,509 reviews

Breanna D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Best for those not trained in accounting

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

QBO is great because it allows our clients access to their books any time, anywhere. We are finding this is increasingly important to our clients. It also allows clients to do their own invoicing and receive payments themselves in the same system we are using for their bookkeeping. This product really is the future of bookkeeping.

Pros

Far and away the best feature of this software is that it's cloud based. So many clients want to be able to see their books from anywhere, at any time, on any device. If you are using this for a small business and are not trained in bookkeeping/accounting, this is the easiest bookkeeping software on the market.

Cons

If you are a trained bookkeeper/accountant you will likely be disappointed that it's not as flexible as Sage 50. They payroll module is terrible unless you have simple payroll with no deductions or special pay circumstances. While you can do a journal entry with a supplier name, you can't enter a negative invoice. They've updated with a credit card credit that allows you to enter a negative credit card transaction but it's limited to credit card transactions only.

Sage 50cloud

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

QBO is far more advanced than the Sage cloud product. My preference would be Sage 50 but because this is cloud based, it's the next best thing.
José luis M.

One of the best Accounting Software!

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

You can supervise all the accounts and provide assistance if it's needed as soon as possible.

Pros

It is easy to use and and quick to set up. The fact that it lets you choose if the cost was business-related or personal is fantastic. I highly recommend it for new businesses. You won't regret.

Cons

Sometimes, the accounts get disconnected. The fact that it's online is wonderful, but as we all know, it can sometimes be a disadvantage because if the connection fails, a lot of things could get lost.

Julianna B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

QuickBooks Great for General Operations

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

We are able to keep a live time view of the company's financials every day. Even when we cut vendor checks and are waiting for them to be cashed, our QB's bank already shows our actual available bank amount with the amounts already deducted. This way we know what we have to spend elsewhere without worrying if there is enough to cover other reoccurring expenses.

Pros

The ease of adding vendors and customers is great. Once you iron out the how to of the invoice templates they can be very useful to switch what is needed on each invoice per customer. The general ledger allows you to copy previous transactions which is useful for reoccurring transactions such as Payroll or loan payments. All you have to do is edit the date and transaction amounts (if yours change ie. Interest and principal amounts) and save. It keeps you from having to re-select accounts each time which is a huge time saver. Reports are useful such as PNL, Balance Sheet, AP and AR. It allows you to see where you may need to break out different accounts or where some can be combined for a better financial company overview.

Cons

We did expierence an isolated incident where we printed checks but the system did not record the money paid for each vendor. But still marked the invoices selected for each vendor as paid. It took some time to figure out that was the issue, which was a bit frustrating. I had to go back into every vendor and invoice to reapply the amount paid so our AP and business bank account were accurate again. Not sure why this occured but as I said it happened once and we were able to iron it out. I also would say under FILE and Forms it would be nice to have this under reports so there is one place to print out what you want. The forms section is very small and a bit confusing on the descriptions of what your looking to print. For example if I want to print a list of all the checks or invoices that I just paid/printed checks for...I always forget exactly where to go. Same for if I need to print a complete list of invoices paid on a check for a vendor as it was to long to print on the check reference voucher. I always have to play around to remember where I got it the first time.

Phil M.

A constantly moving target, but works well for basic SB accounting needs...

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

We initially moved from QuickBooks Pro Desktop to the Online version to allow for our new Online Service Management System (RazorSync) to easily export invoices into QB for processing. In that regard, QB Online has worked well and met expectations. It's obviously an evolving product and there have been many changes to it over the time we've been on the service; some good, some not-so-much. The reporting module is very limited and unless one of the canned reports is close to what you want it's a struggle to obtain some information in a format that's useful. All those issues aside however it's been a good solution for our company and we expect we'll continue to use it.

Pros

It's wonderful to have access to our accounting system from any Internet-connected device. Integration with our Service Management System (RazorSync) has allowed us to turn Service Orders into invoices and send them via QuickBooks Online quickly and easily, which has absolutely improved how quickly we get paid on jobs. The Payroll module makes it easy to pay our employees and calculate the necessary withholding and taxes due.

Cons

The reports in the Online version are clunky and horribly limited. Recently Intuit modified what was included in the package we were in and limited the number of accounts we're allowed to have in the Chart of Accounts without paying a higher fee, so we're stuck not being able to add new accounts unless we want to go to the "next tier". Last year we needed to reprint some older tax forms that weren't showing up so we were forced to contact support for assistance. We finally got what we needed done but it took contacting two different support reps as the first one obviously wasn't familiar with the product and made changes to our accounting data that had to then be fixed by the second rep.

Jennifer W.
  • Industry: Accounting

Quickbooks has made my practice

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Overall this software has changed the face of my practice and how it operates. I was previously using Solar Desktop software but Quickbooks software has enabled me to be able to take on more clients, provide them with access to their accounts online, be able to confidently provide my clients with accurate training and support and it has also saved me a lot of time with some tasks such as bank reconciliations, entering transactions using bank feeds etc.

Pros

Initially, I really loved the fact that you could receive very in-depth free training from home and in a classroom environment. Also, the fact that Accountants receive a licence for free for their own practice. I like the entire 'look' of the software, it doesn't feel overly complicated and is very user friendly. The help files and online helpdesk are extremely useful. I like that I can restrict the permissions that my clients have in order to avoid any unwanted mistakes being made but do feel that the permissions need to be more tailorable. I really like having the ability to set up recurring invoices which minimises the amount of time I have to spend on monthly repeating invoices.

Cons

I feel the permissions that you can set for individual clients is not restrictive enough - I would like to be able to enable clients to create their own sales invoices and purchase invoices but maybe restrict them from being able to delete them as this has caused many issues with some of my clients. Also, the system can be a bit 'glitchy' on occasion and the figures it sometimes produces on the trial balance report is not always accurate - usually the Sales figure is inaccurate for previous financial years which can be most frustrating. I also don't like that fact that, as a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, you cannot purchase any discounted bundles of licences. I also don't like the way you have to allocate a purchase credit note to the original purchase order - it is far too confusing and causes many errors by my clients.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

In preparation for Making Tax Digital and in order to be able to offer future clients a better service.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Better functionality, cost and the free training that was available.
Autumn S.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great for bookkeepers

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Overall our experience is great. I do think it's a little expensive for a small company. It has a lot of features that we spend the extra money for ease of use. I haven't had any issues calling tech support and we are very satisfied.

Pros

Quickbooks is super easy to use. All of our banking and savings accounts are attached as well as our business credit cards. I love the app feature and use a couple of the apps to assist, especially during tax time. We use classes for everything and it's so great to get a snapshot of each events profits and losses.

Cons

I wish that I could have multiple companies on one account. I have a few different small businesses that we run and it's not cost effective to have a quickbooks account for really small companies. I have found other free software programs that mimic quickbooks to manage those accounts.

Response from Intuit

Hi Autumn. Rest assured there are versions of QuickBooks that allow you to manage more than one company within the program. You can learn more about this software at https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop, but I want to ensure you're getting the value you deserve in what you're using now.

I can gladly forward your comments about multiple businesses per account to the Development Team. Customer ideas power the innovations regularly rolled out, so thanks a ton for sharing yours. The QB Blog is used to post about new and exciting changes, and many of the latest even got their start in the feedback channel (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/). Regardless, I encourage you to email me directly. It'd be my pleasure to discuss what your options are, as well as how you can save money using Online ([email protected]).

I'm thrilled to read QuickBooks has left you with a great impression overall, though. Talk soon!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Boram chris K.

Lesser of two evils

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Pros

I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Cons

Everything about customer service. As a long time user, I know the infamous reputation of Intuit at every level. This is one of the SO MANY experiences I had: I had one issue that persisted since 2014. It was a simple issue, but it also caused me some great inconvenience. So I had been contacting them every now and then and the issue was not resolved until recently in 2018. It turned out to be it was as simple as clearing cache. However, every time I called, I had to explain the situation as if it's never been recorded, follow their instruction to do the troubleshooting, then they were puzzled how that happened, and then say that 'someone' will follow up. And THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I got so fed up and had to be on the phone more than 4 hours to a point that the issue was escalated to the presidents' office. I was told that there was a glitch in the system that I had to move to a new account. As they moved my data to a new account, I found out that it won't move credit card or social security info. As I was preparing for the final move, I realized that they have been charging me double. I requested to refund or extend the membership, but they did it again - made me wait for 1-2 hours, told me that I'll speak to a floor manager, then just transfer to another dpt- ALL THE TACTICS TO DISCOURAGE TO find the solution for the issue. Finally, they 'concluded' not to extend the membership with an excused made up they cannot provide in written permission. NEVER HAD SUCH BAD EXPERIENCE.

Brian S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Quickbooks Online Review

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Pros

Quickbooks Online is very easy to use and at an affordable price point for many small and non-profit businesses. Since it is cloud-based, I can access it from any computer, at home or the office. It is sleek and easy to find what I'm looking.

Cons

Since it is a cloud-based software, it is dependent on a reliable internet connection. It is also missing some reporting features compared to the full desktop version of quickbooks.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We were already using quickbooks so it was easy to import information.
Janet B.

Navigating various QuickBooks Onine products

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

I like the ability to share the books remotely, and for the price, it is excellent.

Pros

QuickBooks Online comes in three options: [Written 8/10/2021]
Simple Start $25/month (1 user login) with basic bookkeeping ability & reporting, no payroll, no inventory capability.
Plus $40/month (5 users) with increased reporting, payroll and basic inventory reporting. Most small businesses are fine and effective with this level of product and do not need more.
Advanced $90/month (25 users) has better reporting, better inventory capability, you can customize access of users to narrow down access and reporting access for internal control reasons.

Cons

QB Online can seem a bit clunky to work with when you are in single screen mode, as you must go back to previous windows to work on or review data and rerun reports occasionally.

If you do not use the Advanced product you cannot prevent specific users from accessing sensitive data, but most small businesses have just one or a few trusted personnel working in the books, so it is irrelevant.

I use it regularly and know how to navigate inside the software, and it can seem like extra "clicks" are needed to get around, but that is minor. For the price, it is excellent.

Kristal B.
  • Industry: Textiles

Like a fine wine: Improving with age

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

Pros

I'm learning the life of accounting and with using this software, I've eased myself into the world of transactions, chart of accounts, and reconciliations. I love that there's online available training to further help me understand how to keep a proper account of my company's financial status and I appreciate the customer service that 's available to me with a click of a button. The bugs that would surface from time to time were dealt with in a quick manner. Tax questions were addressed and updates with State Sales Taxes have been implemented. I'm thankful for this team that is behind QuickBooks Online.

Cons

Quirks with invoice/bill formats or third party apps having issues. Bill.com - If you can find another app to use, I recommend you do. Bill.com don't have customer support at all. The phone number on their Facebook page says, "check the number and dial again." Just sharing.

Eve G.

So EASY to manage multiple companies

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I have used this software for years and am very pleased with its functionality. I have used it for companies tracking Inventory and companies that require Income by Client Summary which was one of my favorites! We currently manage about 15 companies quite successfully.

Pros

* So easy to maneuver from one company to another
* Straight forward and easy to train bookkeepers on its use
* The help functions are great because it contains solutions so many different scenarios and questions from similar users
* QuickBooks Onlin Account is accessible from anywhere so staff can work remotely when necessary

Cons

* Program hangs up from time to time so it requires logging out and back in.
* From time to time a function seems confusing, however if the online help doesn't provide a solution that works for us, we can use the Contact Us function for assistance.

Israel V.
  • Industry: Accounting

Company cares about their clients

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

Quickbooks Online is easy to use and smartly built. The company cares about its clients and makes resources available online to solve user problems. There's a large community of advisors and experts on the product that support it.

Pros

(1) Easily configurable
(2) Multi-user accessible anywhere, anytime.
(2) Smart connectivity eases data entry and reconciliations allowed on any account.
(3) Can be implemented at a moment's notice preferably by knowledgeable users so that the business owners expectations are met.
(4) Great reporting features that can be customized and saved by user
(5) Features invoice presentation and payment online which facilitate greatly that part of the operation.
(6) Gauges build into the product help monitor the health of the business.
(7) Accessible directly online by the professional accountant helps the professional time advice the business owners and correct issues.
(8) APPS allow the addition of a variety of features to solve specific business problems.
(9) Full system audit trails to monitor the integrity of the system
(10) System is regularly backed up.
(11) Digital documents can be saved within the system's transactions.

Cons

(1) Need good internet access to use the product.
(2) Need more granular user permission for security access
(3) Some features should be enhanced directly into the product rather than with the use APPS for example bill payments.

Colleen L.

Quickbooks makes DIY bookkeeping easy.

Reviewed on 27/07/2017

Easy bookkeeping with all the different report types that we need. We can track divisions as well as overall company income/ expenses.

Pros

Its very easy to use and pretty intuitive. If you need help a Google search usually helps you find the answer you're looking for. As far as functionality goes, its so easy to use to invoice and track payments. We have subscription based payments as well as payments for services rendered. We also have divisions. Quickbooks Online allows you to track everything together or, in divisions so if we want to see how a division is performing we can. There are multiple ways to track numbers so all of the different reports that are available is just great. I like the online QB because both me and my bookkeeper can log on at any time. The big Pro to QB Online is its integration with so many different softwares and platforms and they even have a WordPress Plugin I believe. We recently started using an online proposal software and it integrates with QB Online so our Bookkeeper no longer has to manually enter in new client info, the proposal software adds all the information for us!

Cons

I wish there was a live chat or some kind of customer service to interact with. I'm not a fan of typical Help pages because I can never seem to find exactly what I'm looking for, so I always like software that is backed by live people who are there when you need them.

Marc S.

Quickbooks Online makes bookkeeping simple and convienient

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Very Good
Other than the previously mentioned issues, it is very simple to use. Dat Entry , automatic importing of specific data and basic reporting are simple to use.

Pros

Easy setup - I migrated from QuickBook Desktop Pro. Setup was straightforward and pulling in data from my previous backup was straightforward. In fact, to simple so I lost some of the detailed information.
Easy to use and integrate with pretty much everything.

Cons

Reporting from the online version is not as easy as with the desktop version. The canned reports should meet most of the basic needs of users but customer reporting is not as simple.
When importing my old data and register, there was no way to do any customer mapping of data fields that the online version did not use, so if it was really necessary, I had to manually re-enter that data.

Wave Accounting and FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

(Lost license- from a crashed hard drive) Intuit wanted me to purchase a complete new version which would have been several hundred dollars-- so I switched.

Integration, Cost
Mary C.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Have used Quickbooks for years.

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

We recently signed up for automated taxes and tax forms. It's free with the package we use. It makes your 941 tax payments automatically and also files your quarterly and annual forms. So easy!!

Pros

This software covers it all. From accounts payable, receivable and payroll. You can also attach invoices, which makes my life paper free!

Cons

Although change is necessary, sometimes the changes the software makes just makes the already known processes a little different. This changes the work flow. There is a feedback feature, that I'm not sure how well it works or how much the information is weighed out. I think the software can be a bit pricey.

Samuel G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Your company's bookkeeping solution

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

My experience with QuickBooks has mostly been positive, I use it from an employee level and mostly utilize its searching functions to find and enter missing invoices, view balances of vendor accounts, and make sure statements are accurate. I have had the chance to see the process for cutting checks to send to vendors and it appears to be a very solid process as well. My use of the software makes me feel more confident in how to use QuickBooks to organize a business of scale.

Pros

QuickBooks is a true 21st century solution for bookkeeping. It works as the main database with all of the vendor and customer information for our company. It requires almost no learning for someone who is experienced with computers and software navigation. Probably my favorite feature is the CTRL-F function, which allows you to search within a number of perimeters for whatever you're trying to access in the database, which makes searching for that bill, invoice, or customer a breeze.

Cons

The user interface is a little odd at first, but does not take much getting used to. Sometimes when creating a large report the program can get bogged down and take a while, however this may just be the office computers we use.

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Samuel. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your accounting needs! You can rest easy knowing your data is safe and organized in one space, and can be located in just a couple clicks. We'll continue to be there to help lighten the workload for years to come. To continue learning about the interface, navigation, and even tips on how to avoid the software getting bogged down, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Jared R.
  • Industry: Automotive

QuickBooks really helps my business run smoothly and efficiently!!

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Since purchasing and using QuickBooks online, as well as mobile we have streamlined our business and are able to utilize multiple benefits the program has to offer companies. We use QuickBooks on a daily basis for anything from Estimates, Invoices, Payments, as well as for tax purposes. It neatly organizes everything for us to be able to find our different customer's effectively and efficiently, and run our day to day business. We also utilize the mobile version daily as well and love that just as much as QuickBooks online. I have used a few other programs similiar to this in the past, and QuickBooks Online is hands down the best program out there. Would highly recommend this product.

Pros

I like how easy to use and user friendly this program is. Even when first set-up and started using, was very easy to navigate and complete different functions throughout the program. Is very efficient and nice to be able to do multiple tasks all on one platform.

Cons

Sometimes the new updates take a few minutes to get used to as far as the new layout, but overall not that bad.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quickbooks pros and cons

Reviewed on 05/01/2019

Since we started using Quickbooks keeping tabs on what invoices are outstanding is a breeze. Keeping track of invoices owed to vendors is simple. The best so far has been the payroll option a few clicks and some data input and your done. Quickbooks has made keeping track of financials much simpler and quicker than doing it all by hand on paper.

Pros

Pros for Quickbooks are the payroll option, makes keeping track of federal income and state taxes much easier. Getting invoices to clients is simple, and being able to see when that invoice is viewed by the client is a great function. Being able to quickly add and search through a list of our clients as we have hundreds is a vast improvement than searching through paper files.
The addition of the warning that there was an issue getting an email through to a client is a feature that I love.

Cons

There are some features that I would love to see in the software that I think would be basic ideas that are not there. Using Quickbooks for inventory is great but in my business we have 8-12 week lead times and may not have the stock on hand but once an invoice is made from an estimate it will automatically take the stock out. I find this a little frustrating and would love a feature that lets you suspend the inventory for that invoice.

Jarett C.

A great accounting software for any small business

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

With the ease of use and great features, Quickbooks Online has enabled me to increase my productivity out in the field and make sure I can serve our customers whether I'm in the office or out.

Pros

I've been using Quickbooks Online almost daily for over 2 years and can safely say I won't be using another accounting software anytime soon. It's easy to use, has a ton of features, and you're able to use it anywhere you have WIFI access which is great if you need to work outside of the office like I do a lot of the time.

Cons

Not being the administrator, I don't have access to some of the features that I think could be helpful so I can't speak for them. However of the features I can use, I think the thing that can be improved is the ability to export estimates to be able to edit them offline in case you don't have access to WIFI out in the field. It'd be great to be able to export estimates, edit them offline, and then import them back into the program.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jarrett. Helping you take care of business quickly and efficiently is our goal. To stay in the loop of exciting product news, please visit the QuickBooks Blog: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Md habibur R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy Accounting for Working

Reviewed on 03/07/2021

Simply put, Quick book has made my job much easier & simpler in the work environment. And has affected my random work. Using it , there are financial statement , Bank reconciliation & many more things that have made the job much easier. But it is because of this that every one of my reports has been accurate so far.

Pros

The results of this software are easily & quickly available. In fact, it easily solve the critical tasks of many accounts & analyzes them accurately in every parts .

Cons

In fact, there is no problem in work, but it has always made work easier. It doesn't cost much, but for third world people like me , the price would be a little lower for us.

David K.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent Software For Small and Medium Sized Businesses

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Quickbooks Online offers more than just basic accounting functions. It gives you a good overall dashboard into the accounting and financial reporting of your company.

Pros

Quickbooks has an easy to use interface and it's quite user friendly. It's rich with features that include functions like invoicing, expense tracking, P&L Statements, inventory visibility, and bank reconciliation to help manage the accounting of any small to medium size business. It's very easy to export data to excel and other applications. You can also easily link your bank accounts and your company's credit card spending to your Quickbooks account too. One of the best benefits of Quickbooks Online is that it's cloud based so it's accessible 24/7 whereever you have an internet connection(which also makes using Quickbooks Online with mobile devices very easy too.)

Cons

Quickbooks Online is SAAS software so it's not hosted on your company's servers. So if your internet connection is down, you won't have access to Quickbooks Online at all. There are help tutorials to help you get started on Quickbooks Online but hands on customer service is not very good.

Terry J.

I LOVE QBO, but it still needs some tweeking

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

One of my QBO Payroll clients has a VERY UNIQUE problem with the naming of a payroll category (Case#516 495 978 and Case#516 903 347). I've called three times for tech support and have been escalated to the Back End team, but each time I'm told that since I'm the only client with this problem it probably won't be resolved because they only address problems with the highest number of complaints. After Jan 1, 2018 I won't be able to process this client's payroll unless the QuickBooks team fixes this problem. It shouldn't take more than a few moments to resolve but QB Back End will not even look at it. So WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE ME?

Pros

Easy to train new staff on how QBO works.
Very intuitive, if you're a new user with a question but you look at the page long enough you'll probably find an answer.
I love the screen layout and response speeds .
After using QBO for 3 years I don't want to convert back to QB Desktop. All but one of my clients have made the switch to QBO.

Cons

Annual price increases of 20-35% for QBO services. Once Intuit has you sucked into QBO they really 'lower the boom' on clients with these annual increases.
Reporting is not as robust as QB Desktop.
Conversions from QB Desktop don't bring across prior YTD Payroll data.

Don W.

QuickBooks is an excellent financial management program.

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

I used QuickBooks for many years to run a small computer service company. It did a fine job of handling bank accounts, check writing, accounts receivable and payable, report writing, etc. After I was trained in its proper use it did an excellent job and was fully adequate to the needs of my organization. I can't comment on how it would work in a very large company, because I have no direct experience with that.

Pros

QuickBooks comes in many versions, customized for your particular type of business. Those versions are optimized for the particular needs of, for example, service companies, with a different version optimized for sales departments, medical practices, etc. It is extremely powerful and will do an excellent job for a reasonable amount of money. It's manuals, both printed and online help, are excellent, and its tech support is first rate.

Cons

It has a very steep learning curve, and you need to understand a minimum of bookkeeping and accounting in order to use it correctly. When I first started using it, I had to hire an accountant to set it up and train me in its use. There can be long time waits for tech support to come on the line.

Karen M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

QuickBooks Online - it is there when you need it on every device

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

QuickBooks online is pretty easy to use for a total non-accountant entrepreneur. Setting it up and using it was pretty easy. Of course I made accounting mistakes along the way as I muddled along but once I hired a bookkeeper, it was easy for her to fix, clean up, and streamline my accounting practices. Even though she had never worked with the online version before, she quickly adapted.

Pros

QuickBooks Online is just what it says. I never have to worry about saving my work or updates. It just takes care of itself that way. When I am away from my office, I can use my iPad or iPhone to do a quick check on my accounts, edit an invoice and send it on it's way. My bookkeeper has equal access and can create checks and invoices for me to approve. It is seamless.

Cons

I don't "own" my accounting software. This is handled with a yearly subscription and the prices can go up in the future.

QuickBooks online is its own environment. For someone used to working with any other version, there is a bit of a learning curve to convert to the way that things are done in the online version. The learning curve is not very steep, however, and can be overcome in a very short time.

Zheng X.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

My experience with Quickbook products

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

when I start the business, people recommended QuickBooks to me, and I have been using it for almost 2 years. I must say I really like it.
I currently use QB payroll and QB online, and it can help me to manage my business already, and it is easy to use.
In QB payroll, we can direct deposit salary for each employee, also it can pay all the taxes automatically, generate report automatically, send reminder to me when I have to pay employee, and all the records are in QB, I say it saved me a lot of CPA money and saved a lot of trouble of calculation etc...

In QB online, I use it set up the customer, tracking inventory quantity, manage profit, and loss, balance sheet, review business reports. I basically use it every single day.

when I first get started, I do have questions, and QB customer service is always helpful. They are creditably friendly and helpful. I get a lot of training from them, it is such a good experience to talk to customer service team, and every time they know the answer to the question. I don't have to call help line too much anymore as I am getting used to the QB

Overall, QB is a great software for start-up companies. It can save you a lot of time and money, and well manage the business

Pros

1. easy to use, pretty straight forward
2. The QB on-line version covers pretty much everything except the inventory control ( bin locations)
3. Linked with our bank, we can do reconcile easily at QB
4. QB payroll is easy to set up, once set up, just click buttons to get things done
5. Great customer service, I enjoyed every agent I speak with, and thanks for all their help

Cons

1. The iPhone APP seems not so strong, I can't check my inventory quantity, nor my cost. But sometimes when I am traveling, it is easier if I can get this info from my phone
2. There are some actions can't be undone, but it is understandable