Sprout Social

4.4/5
4.3/5

497 Reviews for UK Users

Andrei

Sprout Social is a great all around social media manager.

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Sprout Social is a great all around social media management software. It can be expensive, but if you don't know what you are exactly looking for to help you manage your social media, I can say Sprout Social is the best option since you can have a bit of everything.

Pros

Sprout Social has enought features to cover all areas on social media management.

Cons

Sprout Social can be very expensive and the per user pricing doesn't help.

Fahim Shahriar

Where business grows faster!

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

This enables users to control social media accounts with ease. The templates help to produce fast and effective content. This is a very helpful tool that ensures smooth workflow. If they reduce the price then it would be a very effective option indeed.

Pros

The template collections help creators to create contents very fast and smoothly. It lets users to monitor competitors which helps to design marketing campaigns accordingly. This helps the business reach to the top at a very high pace.

Cons

It is very expensive and their customer support is really bad. They literally ignore the problems reported to them. Which is very irritating. I hope they improve it soon.

Cassie
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Idea is great, follow through not so much..

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

I would say I'm pretty neutral about it. I was so excited about using them but if I could rewind time I never would have switched.

Pros

I manage 13 different social media accounts so I need scheduling software to keep up with everything!

The majority of the reports on sprout are the same as you can find on your social media channel, but having everything in one place makes reports easier.

Cons

We have had some issues with Sprout since we signed up and the customer service along with the follow-through has been less than ideal. First off you have no account manager, the guy who signed us up washed his hands of us the second he got the check. I found this out when we were having issues connecting our Instagram. After 2 MONTHS, yes 2 months, of talking to support and engineers none of which could help us solve the issue we finally spoke with someone who had an idea of what was going on. After a couple of hours on the phone with him, everything was all fixed, except it wasn't truly fixed. The next day we discovered that since they were having issues connecting our business FB to our business Instagram they just created another business page for us to connect it to. So now we have a business page out there that isn't ours that we can't get Fb to remove.
In addition to this major issue we have has small ones such as not being able to post a gif, and not being able to post multiple photos to Instagram through the desktop. It seems the more we use Sprout the more we realize it is not up to par.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

One of the best social media management & analytics.

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

My overall experience with the tool is quite satisfactory. It really impacts your day to day tasks and have a strong algorithm around it. I am quite surprised that it somehow outperform so many other tools. Same is the case with exceptional user interface

Pros

It is simple and at the same time do really good when it comes to social media monitoring & analysis. It is by far one of the best tool that I have used.

Cons

It is a bit expensive compares to the same products available in market.

Great tool for analyzing social media marketing efforts

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Pros

I like the interface and its straightforward.

Cons

The paid version is better and can't do much in the free version

Buffer and Later

Enes

Sprout Social

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Pros

Thanks to reporting and statistics, I can create a strategy for myself by looking at the data. This is my favorite feature.

Cons

There is no feature that I dislike the most. The fact that it is both convenient and inexpensive makes the application stand out in its field.

Taylor
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Multi-Account Management & Automated Posting Lifesaver

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Pros

The best part of Sprout Social is the multi-account management and automated posting! Sprout Social makes it UNBELIEVABLY easy to automate posting for many amounts. If you're a social media manager, you should be using Sprout Social!

Cons

It isn't the most collaborative software. It is definitely best suited for smaller teams!

Joshua

Extremely powerful but not cheap social media management platform

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

My experience with sprout social has been positive. I used it successfully in social listening activity for a high-budget project.

Pros

It is a comprehensive suite of tools for all-around social management. it is definitely the most powerful tool I have used for social network scheduling, management and analysis.
The interface is neat and clear, and the support team is always available for any questions or needs.

Cons

everything has a cost, even sports social has a cost.... and it's not low.
sprout is a rather high price and is unlikely to be affordable for freelancers or small marketing agencies.
This precludes a good chunk of users from having access to great tools.

Great, but not much better than just using built in Facebook tools

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Pros

It is great for managing multiple accounts, seeing extra data about the audience (especially Instagram) and making sense of it

Cons

Now that Meta products have their own scheduling options, Creator studio and multiple new features, it seems that there is not a lot of use for this 3rd party app, except for insights.

John

Can Be Expensive, But Can Be Worth The Price

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

I have used Sprout Social at multiple organizations with great success. While this may not be the platform I recommend for most small businesses due to the price, it is definitely worth it for larger enterprises and larger businesses.

Pros

Full of great features
Trustworthy and reputable

Cons

Can be expensive
Emails can get annoying sometimes

Loretta
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good Software for Data Analytics

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

We have been bounced around from account manager to account manager which has been unfortunate as we haven't been able to optimize things very well or probably get the most out of the product. We don't really use the listening tools and I think that is partly because we don't quite know how to set it up. That seems to be a BIG selling point for them but we aren't big on Twitter so that appears to not help us much. As a community manager I would prefer better ways to track sentiment, track engagement metrics, and pull better insights per post on engagement % to see how that effects reach and other data points. But since we don't use Twitter at the moment we seem to miss out on a lot of their focus areas.

Pros

The data we are able to get from Sprout is fantastic. They recently added an inbox activity tracker which has been a game changer for engagement management. Being able to get an export of all of our post data too is phenomenal. WAY better than trying to pull things directly from each app.

Cons

Not being able to pull YouTube comment data is a big detractor. You also aren't able to not include some posts in reporting (for example we did a giveaway post on Instagram which skewed our entire metrics for the month). No one has TikTok data yet and I am not sure Sprout will be the first as they take a while to implement feedback (if at all).

Khoros Marketing, Later and Hootsuite

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

The previous manager did not know how to use the tool and it was not used. For the cost, mangement nixed it.

Tara
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Dashboard Metrics and Report Generation Make My Job Easy

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

I really like the customer service experience I've had here. I'm very new to YouTube from a marketing standpoint, and Sprout gave me a lot of resources to learn.

Pros

I work in marketing and report to professionals who don't have as much marketing expertise as me. Having a dashboard view of the social media statistics really helps me explain and analyze the significance of changes.

Cons

The software itself is tough to navigate. Things change around a lot, and that makes it difficult if you present metrics on screen share.

CoSchedule Marketing Suite

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

Dashboard metrics, budget of company was significant enough to use it.

Reasons for Switching to Sprout Social

It is the easiest option for me to generate reports.
Meredith

Sprout Social: If You Need to Increase Your Social Media Workload Efficiency

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Overall, we're enjoying Sprout Social and the ability it gives us to manage all of our client accounts from one place. Our efficiency has increased exponentially after switching to Sprout and it's allowed us to take on more clients' social needs as an agency.

Pros

It is so nice to be able to have all of my clients' social profiles in one place! With Sprout Social, we're able to not only keep our clients' profiles together, we're able to schedule posts to all of their platforms in the same interface. I think the shining moment for Sprout Social is the Inbox feature, where you can respond and engage with your online social community right there in the Sprout interface. You want to talk about efficiency...our team was spending hours a day logging in and out of different profiles for a client, responding to comments, engaging with other users, etc. Then, they had to do the same thing for the rest of our clients! Having the ability to cut out that unnecessary time spent logging in and out has been a life saver.

Cons

Unfortunately, Sprout Social does NOT have the ability to schedule stories on Instagram. While they claim you can "schedule", it's actually a manual process. You can go ahead and create the story post and "schedule" it, but all that means is you'll get an alert to go manually post the story to your profile. This doesn't help increase efficiency and can actually distract from other work in the middle of the day when you have to stop what you're doing to go manually post.

Makes Social Media Management so Easy!

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

It's been a great experience so far. They also have a great support team that you can work with to ensure that you're utilizing all of the platform features as best as you can. For teams who struggle to plan and manage their social accounts, I highly recommend Sprout Social. The platform also can help you uncover trends for future planning too!

Pros

No one has the time to sit there and individually schedule out social posts so that's where Sprout Social comes into play! We purchased this software to help us plan and manage our organic social media calendar easily. They also can integrate with paid ads, but that's not something we use it for. I love that you can see a calendar of upcoming posts so I can see if there are any gaps in our calendar. Sprout Social also has very robust reporting for each platform and it has allowed me to have deeper insights into how our accounts and posts are doing. It's been a big lifesaver. Prior to this, I would always forget to post so this has made it easier to make a plan!

Cons

The platform is kind of pricey, especially as you add on more licenses. You can't create any custom reports. However, they have a lot of robust reports so I imagine you don't need to. We haven't needed to yet.

Reasons for Switching to Sprout Social

When I trialed HootSuite, the platform seemed more complex than Sprout Social and had less reporting capabilities at the time. I believe HootSuite might be a bit cheaper though
Danielle
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easily allows for teamwork

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Overall, this is an easy-to-use tool that makes my daily work so much more manageable, and makes teamwork seamless.

Pros

One of the best features on Sprout is the ability to have multiple users create, review, and publish content. This has saved us a tremendous amount of time on our team. The user interface is really nice and accessible, and the features are all the essentials you would want in a scheduling tool plus some bonus features that I don't use often but are nice to have. Most of all, the reporting tool saves me a tremendous amount of time. It's customizable so you can quickly pull a report for a certain channel and window of time when needed.

Cons

When drafting content, sometimes it's difficult for tags to load or come through at all, especially with regards to Facebook. I also wish that you could customize the metadata on links in Sprout, with the same functionality of something like Yoast, so that your social person could swap out thumbnails quickly. I do have issues from time to time with what attachments are generated as well; depending on the order in which you insert links into the draft, it will pull different attachments. Sometimes you have to delete and re-insert links in the draft to get the right attachment. It would be better if Sprout added a section to choose the link you want to attach.

Meltwater and Hootsuite

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

Hootsuite wasn't serving our team and we were without a tool for a while. When I came into the role, I suggested Sprout for its reporting and drafting capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Sprout Social

Sprout has the best user interface and the most features. Reporting is also really nice and digestable.
Nathaly
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Super Charge your Social Media

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Definitely enjoyed the user friendliness of the platform and their support was also really great. I enjoyed the smart inboxes, competitors social analysis and scheduler. I would say the platform is easy to get into straight away and is easy to build a fell formed strategy from. Not much else too it. If it wasn't for the cost, I would have definitely gone with this platform and I'm still a little sad that I was not able to use the software just because of price. Definitely a Happy, Easy and Joyful experience.

Pros

Firstly. Sprout is extremely user friendly and simple to use.
I honestly really enjoyed that all comments and direct messages from any platform are collected in an inbox for me to respond to as soon as possible and never miss a comment. This was very important to me and something that I could not find on other platforms.
I also enjoy the Scheduler, which is important to be but similar to any other scheduler.
The competitors analysis of their social media was very enlightening and brought a whole new spin to the game which I also really appreciated! The software has your typical reporting and listening tools, which is also essential. I would say that sprout is very on point when it comes to doing a cohesive social media strategy. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants One place to take care of all things social media related.

Cons

You can not control any Ad accounts from sprout, but you can engage with boosted posts and ad's once they are live. Hence, sprout will work in compliment with the original ad account.
I also struggled with the fact that I was only allowed 10 accounts. We are not an agency but still need more than 10 social accounts. Their price to add accounts asked too much for us to beable to continue with the purchase of the software. We operate in South Africa. So going from Rand to Dollar is quite a big leap. Although the software has many lovely tools, the price just didn't equate for us.
The only other tool I can think of which would be missing is SEO in terms of Social. Otherwise Sprout Social pretty much has most tools you would need from a Social Managing platform

Sarah

The Best Social Media Scheduling Platform Hands Down

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

We love Sprout Social and highly recommend it to others. We've used other scheduling platforms, and nothing has come close to being able to handle our needs the way Sprout Social can.

Pros

Our team has used a variety of social media scheduling platforms, including Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and others, and Sprout Social is by far our favorite for many reasons.

• As an agency with hundreds of profiles, Sprout Social makes multiple account management a breeze.
• The scheduling browser is very easy to use.
• It offers ideal posting times to help you optimize reach and engagement.
• It offers a birdseye view of the month. (One of our pain points with Hootsuite was that this was not an option.)

There are also many features that those who work with social media every day can appreciate that the average user might not, such as:

• The option to schedule and create a new post without having to click into a new window each time.
• The ability to download reports by platform and specific date easily and quickly.
• The option to view data which allows you to see which content is performing the best.

Cons

I won't beat around the bush. It's pricey. Very pricey. If you're a freelancer or not using social media daily, it may not be worth the investment. If you're an agency working with multiple clients or if social media is part of your daily routine, a scheduling software that offers everything Sprout Social offers is well worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

Sprout Social is more user friendly.

Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Sprout Social

Hootsuite does not offer the ability to see posts by month to effectively plan campaigns and upcoming posts.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Social Tool to Manager Multiple Brands

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

For the most part gives us an all-in-one social media management and creation tool. Perfect for collaboration and the structure of permissions and approvals helps on a team level.

Pros

Allows us to collaborate across our team with members in different locations. Love the notifications and ability to respond directly to social posts within the app. The ability to email posts to certain non-users helps, and being able to tag content types makes organization easy. The including reporting is robust and provides enough information across multiple platforms to make good decisions. The single inbox is ideal and is the reason we continue to use the platform. It's great to know if something was handled and by which user and the sense of accomplishment is there once you clear your inbox.

Cons

The listening tools are a separate cost and for our brands becomes too expensive to commit to. Which it had more feature built in like other platforms to scour and collect keyword mentions across other platforms (not just social).

Best customer service in this category, hands down. Big win with launch of listening product.

Reviewed on 29/11/2017

People seek out social media software primarily for automation. But that doesn't solve the workflow and analytics issues that social media and community managers face. Sprout enables us to load content and art into the automation platform as drafts, submit for approval and then automate posting. We also need a competitive edge as an agency, and using this software with the ability to provide more robust analytics than what is provided in the native platforms is a huge win. The biggest improvement we've seen to social media tools in general came from the launch of the social listening tool. However, the pricing model is hindering us from being able to use it. Big bummer. And it can be fixed. We hope you will consider applying the agency model pricing structure that exists for all other functionalities to this particular function. It's essential for us to be able to incorporate it into our new biz process and the current cost structure is preventing us from doing so. Please help!

Pros

The agency model sold us. Big win to invite larger groups rather than paying by the "seat" as previous models and other services demand. The approval process and analytics go beyond what is available in the native platforms which is essential for business use. The social listening is what we've been waiting for--and will be instrumental in our relationship moving forward. With that said, there is a caveat, listed below.

Cons

The social listening is amazing. However, the sales model is seriously flawed. Our clients will not pay every month for each social listener. Moreover, our agency needs to use this as a way to earn new business. We have many pitches in process at any time and it's not feasible for us to pay every month per listener. As such, this amazing service is not available to us on the scale it needs to be. Please come up with a better pricing model so we can use and sell this service. As it stands now, only the really big agencies will be able to afford it. You need the mid-sized agencies like us (about 50 employees). Just like the agency model sold us by not having to pay by the seat, we can't pay per listener. If you made that available to us, say 3 listeners per client in our agency model, that would be a win. It would limit the number so you could up-sell in those cases where big companies want to listen for a lot of different indicators, but it wouldn't prohibit the broader use of the tool for the masses--which will drive significant growth. Additionally, this is a huge differentiator for your business. If you make it out of reach for most clients, you loose your edge. Help us. Help yourselves. Give us this tool! And give it to us in a way that our clients will pay for it.

Jessi
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

One of my go-to SM management tools

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Pros

Great user interface (I like it much better than Hootsuite's interface). Customer service is superb! Anytime I had any issues with using SproutSocial, their customer service was a chat or email away. Their customer service seems like a very small team of people, but they are very quick to respond and get to a solution. I've used SproutSocial for several different companies, both large and small, and it works great for managing it all. Analytical reports are clean and better than the ones in Hootsuite. My favorite features are the reports, social listing tools (You can see who's interacting with your company or specific keywords you set up) and being able to 'check off' messages or notifications that you have seen or responded to already. In HootSuite, you cannot do this and sometimes messages can be missed. Another favorite feature in the reporting is being able to compare your company page with competitors and see how you stack up agains the competition. Following/unfollowing accounts on Twitter is another great and useful feature.

Cons

There are a couple social networks that cannot be integrated with SproutSocial, and therefore I have to resort to also using Hootsuite. Things like LinkedIn Showcase Pages, Youtube, Vimeo, LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups to name a few cannot be scheduled or automated. SproutSocial covers the larger social media pages you need to manage like Facebook pages and Twitter. Because it cannot schedule at all social networks, I have to do most of my scheduling in Hootsuite.

Abigail
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple SM manager with superior Analytics feature

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

I discovered Sprout Social through a Facebook ad. Before deciding to take the trial, I read some of the reviews here and on Capterra and my expectations soared and became somewhat unrealistic to be honest.

The pricing threw me off because $99 monthly seemed kind of steep given the features. Nevertheless, I had nothing to lose by trying it out so I decided to signup for a trial. I’ve used/currently use Hootsuite, Buffer, Swift Social, Kontentino, and many other social media managers, so I had a lot to compare Sprout social with.

Sprout social is easy to use, the layout is fairly simple and uncomplicated, the dashboard is somewhat of a mix between Social pilot and Kontentino, so are the features. My favorite features are the Smart inbox and the Sprout queue. The social queue is similar to Hootsuite Auto schedule function.

The RSS function in the feeds tab is also really nice as I was able to connect it to my Feedly account. A major use of this is the post via RSS function, which I used to auto tweet blog posts from influencer blogs in my niche. The Asset Library is also an amazing feature as it is a great way to store images for future use.

The discovery tab shows suggestions on accounts to follow and unfollow, people who have conversed with, and people who mentioned you in a post.

Sprout social is a great social media manager, however, It doesn’t seem all that superior to Hootsuite or Swift social. Considering the cost, I expected more out of it. Which I’m aware is rather ridiculous.

I will say this though, the “Reports” function offers a variety of important stats such as: Group reports, Twitter profiles [For tracking profile performance to determine the impact of twitter content], Twitter comparison, Twitter listening, Facebook page report, Facebook competitors, Engagement reports, Team reports, Task performance, Trends, Instagram profile analysis, LinkedIn page, Tag report, Google analytics and Sent messages.

To me, Sprout Social’s unique feature is its analytics function. No other SM manager, except perhaps SMHack, has such powerful and detailed social media analytics.

Pros

The Digital Asset Library
The Analytics feature
The RSS feature can serve as a social media content generation tool.
Easy UI

Cons

The pricing is rather steep.

There are other SM managers with more powerful features which could prove to be a better substitute to Sprout Social. MavSocial has a better Asset Library feature, SMHack provides just as detailed analytics, Swift social has powerful RSS feature, and Hootsuite is cheaper, has an automatic scheduling function, as well as one of the easiest SM Managers to use due to the numerous tutorials online and it's inbuilt mini-tutorial.

Cari

I absolutely love Sprout Social.

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

I'm always surprised when a social media manager hasn't heard of Sprout. In my social media classes for my masters degree most of my classmates used Hootsuite and they were surprised by the differences between the two products. Sprout is by far superior and I'll never go back.

Pros

Sprout Social makes social media management simple. I publish content on a daily basis and review our notifications, messages, and assign tasks when needed. The crop tools help us with our photography and graphics for each platform. Most platforms also allow alt text, which is extremely helpful and is a huge priority for us as an institute of higher education.

Cons

Sometimes the content calendar glitches and it shows all of the posts per day, including shares, that we didn't necessarily create. It can be a little messy and difficult to navigate when this happens, but it is rare and likely occurs when the software is going through updates. And who doesn't want updates/improvements? Definitely not a deal breaker in the slightest.

Good tool, but need to keep an eye on it

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Overall, Sprout Social is a great tool, but it shouldn't be used in a way that ignores your physical social media pages. It is important to continue to monitor those pages, check how posts pull through as the end product, etc.

Pros

The best part of Sprout Social is the ability to preview your social media posts. These previews allow you to see if a photo will crop properly or if it will crop in a weird way, and they allow you to adjust text so it best fits the page. It is also great that you can schedule posts to multiple sites, plan ahead, and easily duplicate posts.

Cons

While the post previews are a great tool, sometimes they are deceptive, especially with Twitter. Most of my posts to twitter end up looking different in the final post, as preview photos are not always pulled through. Additionally, if you make adjustments to the photo or crop in Sprout Social, it is important to double check that they actually apply on the back end.

Heather

Marketing Agencies and Sprout Social

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Overall, we much prefer using Sprout Social vs. Hootsuite. Hootsuite seemed out of date and not nearly as easy to use as Sprout. We switch to Sprout Social 3 years ago and have never had the desire to switch back.

Pros

The ease of use to schedule content is the best part about using Sprout Social. It's also very easy to add new accounts and take accounts out when necessary. I work at a marketing agency so we write and manage tons of content for our clients, so it's important to be able to switch from client to client easily, and switch from platform to platform (FB to IN to TW). Sprout Social does a great job with that.

Cons

Sprout Social will have glitches from time to time where content is not pushed out at all or incorrectly. They have sent emails addressing the issues and assured the costumers that they're working to fix all issues but every once in a while we still run in to the occasional glitch.

Kim

Sprout is really user friendly, from both an interaction point and management. Good blogs too!

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

Using Sprout along side another platform for a different client (their choice) the overall functionality of Sprout is really clear! It is much faster and user friendly.

Pros

Sprout is great for interactions. Having over 1000 pages to look after means we need to be able to access specific pages quickly, and view messages for just the one page in a set profile group - this is really easy with Sprout! In terms of quality reviewing responses from a management point of view, it is great - you can see full threads and who did what. For reporting, you can tailor reports for each clients needs. After using an alternative platform, Sprout is MUCH faster all round - finding interactions and, general interaction in terms of loading and sending messages. In regards to task management, it is really good at making sure that you keep on top of things, as you can add an internal note which is front facing when you click into your tasks. The updates are also handy, as you can now select oldest to newest or newest to oldest - when there is a large number of incoming interactions it means there are less loading issues.

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs, which can cause functionality issues (but this does happen with all software). Because we are a UK company, and Sprout's support team are in the US it does mean that we have to wait until the afternoon on our time for any additional information - although you are able to log the error you are experiencing.