GoTo Meeting Reviews

GoTo Meeting

4.4 (11,568)
Online meeting software with HD video conferencing

(11,568)
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

11568 Reviews for UK Users

Jorge
Jorge

Good solution for online meetings and presentation

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

I have offices, customers, account managers, partners and even developers in severalc countries. With this solution I can keep meetings or presentations everywhere in the World where I have Internet connection.
The sound can be by Internet or phone call, I can share my screen ot my webcam, and aldo I can save the meeting, to keep track of it.

Pros

I've tried other solutions and for me the best from this solution is how easy is to access to the conference for my customer. Just one click and they are inside the conference.

Cons

I would like to send invitations to my customers from the same interface instead than copy&paste the content of the access. It has plugins with main mail solutions like outlook and GMail, but sometimes because I am in a customer with firewall email rules that don't let me access to my server from outllok but only by webmail, I have to create the conference form one site copy&paste and send the invitations from my webmail.

Microsoft Teams and Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

Because I have a lot of problems with how difficult was for the users to connect to the meeting. They connect, but allways forget to connect audio or video because it is no easy to find it. Also bacause I had problems with support and invoicing.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

Because its easiness to connect to the conference
Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

GoToMeeting isn’t great, but it isn’t bad either

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

Overall it does exactly what I need it to do, but I’m really comparing it to WebEx. With WebEx, I could record meetings, create meetings through Outlook, and it had SSO enabled. GoToMeeting seems like a step backwards, but it still gets the job done. Just a little more tedious in my opinion.

Pros

I like that it allows me to hold conference calls and screen share. Really, that’s all I need it to do. I do a lot of demos and walkthroughs with clients and customers, so GoToMeeting is critical for my success. It also allows my customer to share their screen so I can see what errors or issues they’re having on their end. It really helps with the show-don’t-tell aspect of my job. I also like that my PIN never changed. It was a little on the long side, but after a week or so, I had it memorized. Made opening meetings really fast.

Cons

I’m realizing the things I like least about GoToMeeting may be on our configuration side. For example, we don’t have single sign-on (SSO), so anytime I need to open GoToMeeting, I need to log into my account. That gets a little annoying. It also doesn’t integrate with Outlook, which is also annoying. I have to go into GoToMeeting, copy my meeting information, and then paste it back into an Outlook appointment. Just a lot of needless steps. But this could just be on my side - something that we could configure if we wanted to. And I don’t have the ability to record meetings, which may be a licensing issue or configuration issue. Either way, I don’t like it.

Customer Service Nightmare

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

I have to test each and every access code and then regenerate the meeting if I find that the access code is invalid. And I have no way of knowing if this a problem that they are working to remedy or not. It is a nuisance problem that was barely acknowledged. This entire experience was one that makes you start reviewing their competition.

Postscript:
About two hours after I found out from the customer service rep how to test the access codes for the meetings that I had created in GoToMeeting to test if they were invalid or not, I visited my GoToMeeting page. Some of the meetings were no longer there. I went to my Outlook Calendar and the meetings with the phone numbers and the access codes were still there. I called the phone numbers assigned to those meetings and dialed the access codes. The access codes were invalid. This means that someone at GoToMeeting tested all the meetings that I had created and removed those with invalid access codes.
It would have been much easier from the outset if the customer service person had simply apologized for the problem of invalid access codes rather than telling me that the error lay in my cut and paste skills. Telling someone that they are not capable of a routine as simple as cut and paste, and that their execution of that process introduced the errors is pretty silly. I discussed this situations with my supervisor who told me that our company is planning to switch to another provider.

Pros

I have used GoToMeeting off and on for both meetings and webinars for over 6 years in several environments and it works pretty consistently. Early on, there were several problems with sound and people being unable to hear intermittently but in the past few years those quality problems have apparently been resolved. It is easy to use and set up

Cons

Over the past two weeks, I have set up meetings with GoToMeetings and the access code turned out to be invalid. It occurred last week and once again today. I went to the customer support section on their website and it suggested that the access code be tested by calling in on another number. I tried this and once again received the message that the access code was invalid. I followed the process of finding a live customer support person as outlined on the site. I was connected to a classically unhelpful customer service person that I recall from a decade or so ago. Overall technology companies have moved away from outsourcing customer service matters to poorly trained, ineffective and resistant customer service teams. This individual refused to acknowledge that the problem lay with the generation of invalid access codes at their end until I worked him over with logic. I had to pull out of him the process of figuring out how to test all of the access codes I currently have in the meetings that I have set up for the next few weeks. I got him to finally admit that the problem I am having is a problem for other people too. I could not find out from him if the problem was increasing or decreasing at their end. He would not provide me with access to a supervisor or technical person responsible for monitoring and eliminating the problem of invalid access codes. It was a nightmare

Nawal
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

User friendly and stress free online meeting tool

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

I love GoTo Meeting and I am considering switching to it permanently.

I love GoTo Meeting and I am considering switching to it permanently.

Pros

I love GoTo Meeting's sleek design and effortless navigation. You can obtain a free trial for 15 days in seconds and you can easily integrate Google Calender. The in-meeting features are very helpful, you can take notes within the screen. The timer available as a tool is very felxible: you can pause it, stop it or hide it from the attendees. The meetings can be recorded, paused and resumed and are stored in GoTo Meeting for one year. The meeting window has easy access to settings and keyboard shortcuts. Paid accounts unlock 8-hour sessions, but even the free 40-minute trial is perfect for most gatherings.

Cons

As a multilingual user I recommend that essential elements like the terms and conditions are translated to more languages such as Arabic to reach a wider audience.

• Industry: Program Development

Good tool for meetings and screen sharing, quite light and fast.

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

It is a good and low-cost product that helped us provide remote support to many clients.

Pros

This tool is quite safe and does not have an extensive list of vulnerabilities like other brands of its competition.When we used it, it was quite fast and light.

Cons

I think that it should have the possibility of being able to share files during the remote session, it was a problem having to find another tool to send files during the session, however other products that compete with this tool have this functionality.I also think that if the shared screen could be Zoomed it would be useful in some occasions of Support or remote presentation.The possibility of holding remote meetings simultaneously is important (when you have several clients at the same time and several support agents), it would be important for the brand to evaluate having this functionality that its competition does have.

Zoom

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

It helped us decide the price since it was lower than other similar products, and also that at that time during the pandemic, other competing products had many published vulnerabilities, whereas GoToMeeting did not have those alerts.
Brian
Brian

GoTo Meeting still gets the job done.

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

GoToMeeting gave us a solid introduction to the world of video conferencing. Over the years, we moved on to custom solutions, but I would still recommend this software as a simple 'first video conferencing app' for those just dipping their toes into the market.

Pros

Overall, GoTo Meeting still gets the job done. It's been one of the longest-running companies in this field of business so they know what they are doing. It's simple enough to set up for even the most non-techie person. With the tray icon offering easy access to the service when needed.

Cons

The main issue is that this software is starting to price itself out of the market. It's feature set for it's monthly price does not compare well to its competitors. Many of them offering the same services for free.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

We actually ended up using both GoToMeeting and Webex for different purposes.
Shelia
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Ease of Access and Convenance of being at home at Work

Reviewed on 25/10/2023

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this to others as it is easy to access and navigate.

Pros

What I like most about GoTo Meeting is the ease of access and staffing being in one space that doesn't have chaos of noise in a room. It allows all to gather and get on the same page with whatever we have going on at that time. Also being able to join when not being able to be in the office.

Cons

Nothing really. Only thing would be, I am older and this is the first "online meeting" system I used so it was alittle tough adapting to it.

TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

Easier to understand and the cost was better overall.
Dawn
  • Industry: Automotive

Go To Meeting

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Overall, the software definitely holds its own.

Overall, the software definitely holds its own.

Pros

The ease of use when wanting to do virtual learning or screen sharing.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little glitchy and connecting but it's a rare thing.

Debra
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

GoTo Meeting Review

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

Very user friendly, everyone was very pleased regarding the usage. Ability to meet with team members without leaving your office.

Cons

The money it was going to cost in order to upgrade in order to be able to access the additional feature. The person was paying out of their pocket.

Patrick

best online meeting platform

Reviewed on 06/04/2024

It was awesome despite l needed to learn more

It was awesome despite l needed to learn more

Pros

I liked the quality of it it's really awesome

Cons

Some features l needed more support to learn

Morgan
  • Industry: Accounting

Good, If Your Client Can Get In

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Pros

Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Cons

My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

GoTo Webinar

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

Our TeamViewer software was old and this had a lower price tag. Ultimately, we went back to TeamViewer.

TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

Pricing and seemingly simple and user friendly.
Griffin
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Join.Me has Revolutionized My Role as a Manager!

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Overall, Join.Me has been a very positive experience for our organization! It has truly empowered me as a manager to be able to connect with and assist my team with their various technical questions and needs. It is maybe a little tricky to install, but once you get set up one time, it is a breeze to communicate with and greatly enhances your cohesion as an organization. I truly think this will change the way business is conducted forever. No more unnecessary traffic, dress clothes, and face-to-face meetings in 2020 and beyond--and luckily, the work will go on, all thanks to well-built software like Join.Me.

Pros

Join.Me has revolutionized the way I work because it has (1) allowed me to work from home (which was always my dream!) as well as given me the opportunity to assist my coworkers with their SQL & Tableau data questions effortlessly! No more trips to and from each other's desks/offices, hoping he/she is (a) present and (b) available. Now, it's just the click of a button and we can meet to resolve work issues with ease! In fact, I can even take control over my colleagues' computers (because, let's face it--I can fix things faster when I drive, right?)

Join.Me has been a breeze to use and the quality is very high. It supports multiple connected users; I've never hit the limit. We've even used it for team socials in order to continue to feel connected outside of work hours on occasion!

I like that it presents each person in a circle (for group view). Other software I've used has been dizzying at times--in which the algorithms move the people's faces when they talk. This one just looks and feels natural.

P.S. The ability to connect with ease is greatly enhanced by the fact that you can have your own custom link that you set--and it just goes after "Join.me" (example: join.me/johnsroom). Very simple to communicate to other parties (as opposed to having long random links to look up in email invites!) Also--the audio is strong. You can either connect with your computer (which is what I do--just make sure to use headphones to avoid an echo!) or you can use a phone.

Cons

I would say that it can be difficult to get connected for people who do not have the app installed. You can either download the program to your computer or connect through the internet, but the latter option will not allow you to change who controls one another's computer. And since this is important to me, I always need my end users to download the app first. And sometimes, it has been difficult to find where to download that app/get it installed on the other user's machine.

The other piece I miss in this software vs. in other competitors' is the ability to have a shortcut to mute/unmute as well as a "push to talk" feature. Zoom allows you to push the spacebar to temporarily unmute yourself; however, Join.Me does not feature any such shortcut. This is definitely an area I would like them to work to develop. But otherwise, the software is robust and does everything else I need it to do!

Kristine
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

GoToMeetings has done a great job of keeping our work place connected throughout the pandemic

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Once COVID-19 became a reality in the work place, we had to scramble to find software's that were easy to use for all staff members as well as using a software that we would feel confident would help keep us connected. GoToMeetings has done a phenomenal job at making working from home feel just as professional and organized as working in your usual working environment. Not only is it a breeze to use, this product has helped tremendously in helping keep our office safe and COVID free by giving us a way to efficiently continue working from home.

Pros

This software has a long list of uses that comes in handy, particularly throughout the current pandemic. Since using GoToMeetings, our staff meetings have become so much easier, and safer! We no longer need to be in the same room to feel like we had a well-organized staff meeting. If you are a user, its as easy as following a link or calling into the number that is created for your meeting. As a host, you can easily create links for your meeting, invite people, and use my favorite feature; locking the meeting. By locking the meeting, you can assure no one else enters the meeting. This proved extremely useful when conducting interviews through GoToMeetings. Using other software's, such as Zoom, you run the risk of getting interrupted by strangers.

Cons

As with any type of technology, there will always been some "technical issues." GoToMeetings does a great job of limiting the number of technical errors, however some are inevitable; Whether it be someone's camera is lagging, someone forgetting to unmute or some other small hiccup. However, no small technical issues can take away from the many uses of GoToMeetings and how easy and convenient it is. I definitely recommend this product.

Mncedisi
Mncedisi
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Time is money and GoToMeeting has become the solution towards saving time and travelling long distances to attend those meetings. With the lockdown and corona regulations this software has become a lifesaver to communicate with investors in other countries and promote your business while still at home and safe.

Pros

I like the automatic transcription because it enable one to easily get what is being said by another speaker who is a quick talker maybe or someone who has a different accent from yours. This software is also more affordable to very affordable to everyone and has very simple features that can be understood and loved by many people. During this time of corona pandemic GoToMeeting software is the solution and the way to go in order to be safe . GoToMeeting also provides you with recordings incase your multitasking in jobs. You can always be in touch of what was being said .

Cons

The chat option is most optional or rather say limited. Sometimes it can be difficult to get calls through mostly because it requires a very good internet connection. Most African countries are under the so called developing countries and it can somehow disadvantage them on that Field.

Kinna Darlene
  • Industry: Automotive

Useful and reliable!

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

All of my staff loved using gotomeeting and it helped us tremendously after we started working from home.
If you're looking for reliable video conferencing with many features and options this is the product for you, but be prepared to pay for it.

Pros

For this class of software it's top of the line. There are a lot of controls and settings, custom options as well.
Gotomeeting always functions as expected and I have not experienced any issues. It is easier to host large meetings with this than with its competitors, its also easier to set ul once youre accustomed to using it.

Cons

I did not like the cost of the premium features and at first it was difficult to use. I had to really sit down and explore the product and practice using it.
I would've liked a better walk through or introduction.

TeamViewer Remote, Microsoft Teams and Adobe Connect

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Meeting

Zoom was difficult to use from a mobile device and certian PCs. Not reliable and very time consuming.

Zoom, Zoom Events and Webinars and Skype

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

I was assured by my friends and colleagues that this was the best available product
Sonal
Sonal
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

One stop solution for online meetings

Reviewed on 11/02/2023

Join.me has been pretty useful for the organisation. The collaboration between the cross team members have improved drastically and we are able to conduct work from home efficiently with the help of Join.me.

Pros

Join.me helps the remote team members collaborate with each other efficiently online. The audio calls, video conferencing, messaging is highly smooth with Join.me. Users can also share their screen for better discussions and text each other during the meetings. Another great feature is screen recording which allows us to share the meetings with all the team members to access the meetings later on.

Cons

The new users need some learning curve to use the product effectively. A few times the servers were down and we weren't able to do meetings. The issue generally gets resolved within couple of hours. Join.me is not widely used across the industry currently and sometimes our clients have to take extra effort to use join.me.

Zoom and Skype

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Meeting

Join.me has a small and quick onboarding process. The pricing was much lower and quality is at par compared to the competitors.
Jeffrey
  • Industry: Entertainment

GotoMeeting Video Meeting with ease

Reviewed on 03/03/2019

Being able to communicate with other people in my company and the ability to have it recorded, with being able to go back and see who said what and who was suppose to do what. Just the time of not needing to take notes is wonderful. Now I just print them out and highlight the important stuff. GoToMeetings has made my business look larger than it is when I speak with very large companies. When I set up a GoToMeeting with them they are very impressed. It also gives me the opportunity to demonstrate our products. It's so much better than having them go to YouTube to watch a video. At GoToMeeting I demonstrate and then they can ask questions there "real time." If they want me to change a parameter, I can do that, right then, "real time." So my experience over all is wonderful.

Pros

The people at GoToMeeting have made putting a meeting together simple and easy. I have used their product since it came out on the market. There are Individual mode where the video is on one person and everyone else is watching or you can place it in a group mode where you can see the faces of others in the meeting. No need to take notes GoToMeeting will record your meeting and transcribe it for you, then if you have items that were shown in a prsentation to them you can go back and make links they can go to. Meetings can be only one person speaking or it can be interactive with the presenter controlling who speaks when. The people at GoToMeeting are always one step ahead and the communication market evolves. You can watch, listen and speak through your computer or you can still call into an 800 number. I can't say enough about how easy it is to use the software, it only took me about an hour to review the features and felt comfortable that I could operate the software. They are a;ways coming up with new features.

Cons

Cons? What cons? I have to say I know nothing that would be a limiting factor except maybe the number of people you can view, but how many people can you really view on one screen. No honestly I would reccomend this to a business of two people that are in different locations to communicate back and forth as it records your meeting and transcribes it. So, no I have no con's

Snehal Sanjay
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A decent app for virtual meetings

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Pros

GoTo Meeting is great for remote meetings and demos. I like the ease with which you can join meetings, easily access the recordings, integrate with Outlook to send email invites for the meetings, the ease of screensharing, and the security and privacy features make it very attractive.

Cons

There are times when you attend meetings and the audio does not work perfectly and the only option left is to restart your device. They could make the video meetings easier. Also a major drawback I feel is not allowing at least two meetings to take place at the same time. And it pushes the users very aggressively to download the software every time.

Zoom

Microsoft Teams
Garin
Garin

Solid and everywhere but could be improved

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Pros

This is very well designed software for remote meetings with audio, video, and screen sharing. I also love the companion product GoToWebinar that I've used for many webinars over the last several years. GoToMeeting has gained such good adoption that it has integrations everywhere with tools like Google Calendar, Chrome, Zapier, and others. We used GoToMeeting for years for internal meetings, sales calls--basically any meeting with remote participants. I've even used it to pull church members into my Sunday School class on weekends that are homebound because of illness. I like how you can create a persistent link that you can go to every time rather than having to set up a new link for every meeting. Just be careful if you're having back to back meetings with the same link--otherwise, you get the next audience showing up at the tail end of the current meeting. I solved that by creating two persistent links and alternating them when I have back to back meetings.

Price is right. When purchasing multiple licenses you can get the price down.

It's also very stable in almost every environment including mobile meetings so you can participate in meetings on the go. It requires a simple install that I've never had anyone have a problem with.

Cons

It takes more bandwidth than competitors like Zoom.us for similar functionality. Chat is limited to chatting within the meeting rather than creating chat rooms inside your company for teams to collaborate on then hop on a remote meeting. It's meant to be used every time you want to meet rather than an ongoing collaboration tool all of the time. I think they could learn something from Zoom about this.

Michelle

Very Useful For Employees working out of office!

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Covid has made it more and more difficult to have meetings face to face. Go To meeting solves this problem by providing an easy-to-use program for everyone to be able to not only meet on a conference call to discuss important issues but to be able to see each other. Some of our superintendents never meet each other face to face and being able to put a voice or name to a face is important in our industry.

Pros

We started using this during Covid Quarantine in 2020 while our entire office was working from home. We ended up continuing to use it for our weekly/ monthly meetings as well as for HR interviews. We have several offices throughout the nation and we also locally have many of our superintendents working in the field who are unable to come to the office to attend meetings. This tool helped us to be able to invite employees to our meetings that normally would miss out. I love that it can be used on a computer or phone, this is a convenience that was very much needed for field employees who may not be able to make it to their site computers. I also love that you can share your screen! We are able to share spreadsheets, which not only helps keep everything organized but also helps keep everyone on the same page! We also love utilizing it for interviews since it is sometimes hard to get everyone available to meet face to face on the same day.

Cons

I haven't come across any complaints thus far.

Varatharajalu
Varatharajalu
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

GoTo Meeting -- Your GoTo Online Webinar/Conferencing One-Stop Centre (OSC)

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

I faithfully use this platform for my Web Seminars (Webinars), which normally extend to 1 1/2 hrs or even 2, to nearly 3 hours, of 'dragging it out' presentations conducted by some 'repeat and repeat and repeat' presenters.
Once the Webinar is on, it is smooth and there are no interruptions at all -- unless of course due to a blunder made by the unept but eager-beaver presenters themselves -- the presenters' laptops were having internet issues -- they apologize as soon as they get it sorted out but this platform s not the culprit -- it is smooth-sailing as far as I am concerned, at GMT+8 'faraway land'.

A humble suggestion:
Is there any way we can be notified by presenters that yes, there will be Encores, if they are offering such?
Many a time, they FOMO us and keep us wide awake until the wee hrs of the morning and even at dawn when other family members are already waking up fr their new day -- while all the while we are bleary-eyed and thinking when this particular Webinar will 'ever' come to an end -- we wait and wait and wait b'coz they say that only those who wait till the very end of their Webinar will get this e-Book of this pdf or this Report, or AWESOME BONUS...it goes on and on...their baitings, that is...so very sad indeed.
It is absolutely not good for our health, especially so in 'cron times, but what to do? They have us on tetherhooks, it so seems to be the case many a time -- and we are so very desperate to make money NOW!
Personally, GoTo Meeting is BEST!

Pros

The product is easy to use even for the absolute beginner -- after a short learning curve to get acclimatized with the nitty-gritties thereat.
The confirmation notification is like clockwork and is much welcomed.
This is a standalone software, no need to bandwagon n any additional softwares -- a 'under one roof' technological marvel in its category, honestly-speaking.
I always prefer this platform when compared to others that I am not so very keen on using.
This technology gets the job done -- in other words, it is highly reliable for all of my Webinar (Web Seminar) needs.
I always return as a satisfied customer -- it delivers on what it is expected to do.
It is reliable in that you have to be reliable in getting to the Webinar punctually -- on or before time.

Cons

1) Missing?
Yes! In the early days, I simply got lost as to figure out the 'easy-peasy' Time Converter Zoning ala Local Timings -- was sometimes too late while at other times simply too many days well ahead of time -- due t not having faithfully recorded the Webinar details -- my fault 100%.

2) Improved?
Can add these features which would DEFINITELY help the struggling total newcomer to this amazing platform:
1. Give a Checklist For BEGINNERS
Before you start...Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, etc....so very easy to follow, by the usually fumbling,
stumbling newbie.
2. Didn't have countdown timer as in 00:00:00, but...'you are 2 days early' or 'The webinar is over'.
3. Do send at least 1 or even 2 'in-between' e-mail notifications s that the hurry-burry guys and gals too would be notified in advance that yes, there is an impending or imminent Webinar round the corner.
4. The Chat is not turned on...is it for VIP clienteles or need to upgrade to other levels?

3) Difficult to use?
Initially, as a 1st timer, it was a lil' bit new playground, so to speak.
After some time, it became so very 'easy-peasy' -- that's why the Checklist fr the Absolute Beginner would really come in handy -- especially so for all those millions upon millions of wannabes who are not tech-savvy at all.

Mohammad Sharif

Empower Your Remote Team with GoTo Meeting

Reviewed on 06/05/2023

Many users have reported positive experiences with GoTo Meeting, praising its user-friendly interface, reliable performance, high-quality audio and video, and flexible pricing options. GoTo Meeting also offers a range of useful features such as screen sharing, real-time chat, and meeting management tools, which can help to facilitate productive and effective virtual meetings.However, like any software platform, the suitability of GoTo Meeting will depend on the user's specific needs, preferences, and budget. Some users may prefer more specialized or customizable platforms for their specific use case, while others may find that GoTo Meeting meets all of their virtual meeting and remote collaboration needs.Overall, GoTo Meeting is a popular and respected platform in the virtual meeting space, and has helped many remote teams to collaborate, communicate, and stay connected.

Pros

Some of the key advantages of GoTo Meeting include its user-friendly interface, high-quality audio and video, reliable performance, and flexible pricing options. GoTo Meeting is also highly customizable, with a range of options for setting up meetings, managing participant access and permissions, and integrating with other tools and applications.Overall, GoTo Meeting is a powerful and versatile platform that can help remote teams to collaborate, communicate, and stay connected, regardless of their location or time zone.

Cons

For example, some users may find that GoTo Meeting's pricing plans are relatively expensive compared to other similar platforms. Additionally, while GoTo Meeting is generally very reliable, there may be occasional connectivity or performance issues depending on the user's internet connection or other technical factors.Some users may also find that GoTo Meeting's interface or features are not as customizable or advanced as they would prefer, especially compared to more complex or specialized platforms designed for specific use cases.However, it's important to note that these potential limitations may not be significant for all users, and that GoTo Meeting remains a popular and highly regarded platform for virtual meetings and remote collaboration. Ultimately, the suitability of GoTo Meeting will depend on the user's specific needs, preferences, and budget.

Laurence
Laurence
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

It is one of the best online meeting platforms.

Reviewed on 06/08/2023

It's a wonderful way for our sales and support staff to track client requests or defects so that our development team can thoroughly analyze the problem. It also allowed us to have a library of meetings or direct links to recordings to include in our support cases and tickets, whereas Google requires you to specify how long you want the tape to be available. As a result, certain past requests no longer have an active link to a recording that was created as a key descriptor of the request or error. We addressed the issue of having personnel that travels while still being able to work on projects; we can interact with both customers and contractors who are occasionally in other countries.

Pros

It highlights different utilities, such as inaccessible mouse control, local recording, and basic associations with numerous workspace clients, such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and others. What I especially preferred was the tall quality of the gatherings; they too have a include where you'll store and share all accounts with other people. The truth that ready to coordinate with personnel who are traveling or working from domestic, as well as clients who are not there's, what places Goto Meeting at the best of the "requirements" list for businesses of all sizes.

Cons

What I don't like about it is that you can only add 100 people, it has less integration with background filters, and it needs numerous steps to enter into a meeting each time. One of the most aggravating concerns I have is the inability to use a VR plugin or vfairs; many of our clients prefer to meet in VR 3D inside an ecosystem. This provides our internal and external consumers or suppliers with the in-person experience that many of us believe is currently lacking.

Robin

Easy GoTo Meeting Software

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

Businesses throughout the world rely heavily on the GoTo Meeting platform to keep their businesses moving forward. My experience has shown me that this platform quickly and efficiently gets people together to contribute to impactful and substantially productive business meetings. It's the next best thing to attendees meeting in person.

Pros

GoTo Meeting is a great video conferencing software program. It offers fast and reliable online meeting solutions for professionals and students to meet in real time, face to face. It offers the opportunity to share presentations and is extremely user-friendly. Attendees can join the meetings free of charge and the apps are free to the attendees as well as guests while using this platform. Using breakout rooms is an excellent feature for this platform. while in training sessions with groups of people, breakout rooms can be used to practice training methods while working in small groups, as well as allowing students who are behind to break out in a smaller group for individualized attention to better catch up with the other students and not be left behind. While an entire group is participating in classroom training, the organizer or host can simultaneously offer one-on-one guidance to anyone who needs help. Goto Meeting offers live chat in which you can communicate with the organizer alone or with the entire group of attendees. It also offers the dial in feature which is a very helpful alternative. This platform has a mute feature which can be controlled by the host or organizer. This feature ensures there are no interruptions while the meeting or training is taking place. The video feature is ideal for remote work. You are able to see people you work with or are in class with who you would not get to meet or see otherwise. Screen sharing is excellent.

Cons

This is an excellent video conferencing platform. However, this platform does not offer a free plan, like some of its competitors. This plan offers no unique features. Also, in order to host a webinar, the GoTo Webinar package is required. In addition, the transcription feature is not offered in the Professional Plan.

Alex

Reliable, but not very intuitive

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

GoToMeeting does a good job and serves it's purpose as a reliable meeting host. Their meetings are smooth and people can count on that. That's the biggest thing for us.

The downsides of user experience make things a little difficult for people who are used to other meeting softwares.

Pros

We switched to GoToMeeting because of laggy connections with other providers. GoToMeeting has always been very reliable, and the video is very smooth.

Cons

It's not very intuitive for users that join your meetings. We often have hangups where users don't know they need to enter their name and get stuck. It's held up a lot of our meetings.

Audio support is 'meh'. For some reason, all other web meeting softwares work just fine with my microphone. But GoToMeeting could never get it to work until just recently. Nothing was changed on my end, but after a year of dialing in, it all of a sudden worked.

Control panel is advanced, but again, no intuitive for users that join the meeting.

Zoho Meeting