GoToMeeting

4.5 (9,056)
Online meeting software with HD video conferencing

(9,056)

John R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Go-to meeting Review

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Greatly reduces the need for expensive travel and long distance phone calls.

Pros

Excellent and then asy to use and deploy teleconferencing A vital tool for my business.

Cons

Sometimes we encounter delays downloading software for new users.

Full featured webcasting and conferencing app best for large parties - either live or on-demand

Reviewed on 10/01/2022

The business problems solved with using this software were for on demand webinars as well as group meetings. Both purposes were solved well with this software. It has also been used in other businesses and companies for web conferencing for which it works very well and is extremely professional to use.

Pros

I love how many features it has for analytics, integration, reporting and everything one would need for presentations, meetings, and webinars with parties of all sizes and types. It is easy to share screen for files or presentation, mobile sharing is also easy, analytics and email management for reminders is easy, and participant chat features are useful. Great for corporate or professional use but not ideal for 1-1 use.

Cons

It is a more bloated version of Zoom with many more features and a more professional feel. It is still relatively easy to use, however it is best suited for use for larger parties due to these extra features. Participants usually have to download the app as well and that takes setup time, it would be nice to have an online only web player.

Amanda S.
  • Industry: Libraries

I Prefer Zoom

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

GoToMeeting serves the bare-bones purpose of webinars that do not require advanced participants interaction like posting reactions or breaking participants into smaller groups. After using more webinar and meeting platforms, I have a strong preference for Zoom.

Pros

GoToMeeting is great for recording traditional webinars that do not require a great deal of participant interaction. Over time, GoToMeeting expanded to separate GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar to suit different use cases. Our organization had a subscription to GoToMeeting so we continued to use the platform for traditional webinars and small virtual meetings.

Cons

After using Zoom more extensively during the pandemic, I developed a greater preference for Zoom. As the host organization, we have higher technical ability. However, it was easier for participants with little experience with computers to learn and interact in Zoom. The breakout sessions and reactions also put Zoom ahead in my book.

Zoom Meetings and Zoom Video Webinars

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

We now use both GoToMeeting and Zoom as different people have different preferences and comfort levels in each platform.
Amanda P.

Go to Meeting Allows our Team to Be in Sync

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

We are happy with our decision to use Go to Meeting as our main video and web conferencing software. We like that there are options to join via mobile that provide flexibility to our staff and participants. We often use the features like desktop sharing and chatroom. We feel that we get a robust product for the price that it costs us.

Pros

The high quality audio and HD picture quality is important to our team when we have virtual meetings, and presentations for our constituents as well as for our staff team which is divided between the main office and individual home offices, were internet quality can vary. Go to Meeting consistently provides great quality video streaming across our various platforms to engage with our partners and staff members. We are able to host meetings of all sizes from just a few staff to a large group of over 100 people.

Cons

The host controls could be expanded to offer more functionality to administrators of meetings. Screen sharing can be confusing to users.

Daniel M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The most user-friendly Web Conference solution for small-medium size businesses

Reviewed on 01/01/2022

Pros

GoToMeeting is very easy to use. Since it is cross-stage, you can use it on PCs, mobiles, and web programs. I personally use at home on my computer, on my laptop, at work and on the go. For irregular social affairs, you can have a very strong get-together ID that the individuals can reuse to join your room, which is productive and grants you to meet immediately. GoToMeeting offers the most outrageous security and assurance during social affairs, ensuring that vitally those you send sales to can enter the get-togethers.

GoToMeeting is great, you can share screens from any medium and proposition any substance faultlessly. You can in like manner send records to different people meanwhile through the GoToMeeting application by moving them in the visit. GoToMeeting maintains presenting, allowing you to share slides from Google Slides, Microsoft Powerpoint, or any item.

Cons

When it comes to recording, it gets a bit confusing, but other than that, it's fantastic.

Eric E.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The most consistent way to hold a meeting

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

Pros

The tools are always visible and easy to use. There are many tools that can be used to engage your audience and see if they are paying attention. Sharing pictures and videos is very good. Setting up a meeting is pretty easy to do.

Cons

The only thing I have had a problem with is at times it is difficult to get people back from breakout rooms. I am not sure if it is a glitch, but there are times where I have kicked an individual or two off a goto meeting trying to get them back into the main room.

Desmond D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Might be better to pony up for Zoom

Reviewed on 27/12/2021

I have realized that Zoom is better so I would highly suggest staying with Zoom if you have it or switching to it if you don't!

Pros

Video/audio quality is great
Ability to do webinars is good

Cons

Software is constantly updating
Laggy/buggy compared to Zoom
On my MacBook Air with the Apple M1 chip, it crashes constantly. Recent update has made it slightly better but still does not work well.
Can be frustrating to figure out the controls and all of the features

Theresa S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

GoToMeeting is my go-to for meetings

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

It's great for collaborating and communicating with teams.

Pros

I feel like GoToMeeting is more stable and has fewer crashes than other products. It is easy to use and a good value for the money.

Cons

There aren't really any features missing and I don't have any improvements to suggest. It's a great program like it is.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

It was working well for us so we stuck with it.
Grace A.

A comprehensive and complete communication solution, secure for use with colleagues and...

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

It has helped me connect with people from different locations (prospects or interested parties) in addition to internal staff at work, it is instantaneous and has a great system for scheduling videoconferences, with recurring or one-time mode. Its compatibility with third party applications works flawlessly. Gotomeeting is affordable, it is neither the most expensive nor the cheapest (its features are worth it), it is an internal and external communication solution, rich in functions and very safe to use.

Pros

Besides the quality video conferencing, I could say that the chat is one of my favorite tools in this software, as it is very complete and gives us the possibility to create public and private groups where you can communicate with your colleagues and even clients; I can also update my availability status.
Being able to have access at all times and from different platforms and devices, Gotomeeting works perfectly on my desktop computer as well as on my tablet and cell phone.
I love the app.
It is highly customizable, the user can adjust the meeting rooms according to their needs.
Useful tools and controls for dynamism and interaction during the meeting, such as voting, polls, automatic transcripts for note taking, screen sharing, etc.

Cons

It is fragile most of the time regarding its connection stability, some glitch happens with wifi and takes me out of the session; it hasn't happened much, but I find it unprofessional in a tool like Gotomeeting, let alone connecting via VPN. I think this is the only feature that overshadows Gotomeeting a bit, but I have contacts who have not gone through this.

Laurence S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Go To Meeting Does It Right

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Love it, Use it daily with peers, professors, colleagues and patients

Pros

Easy to use and ready to hit theground almost immediately

Cons

Some there are technological delays and glitches with G2M

• Industry: Telecommunications

Good Tool

Reviewed on 14/11/2021

Pros

Although I have used this GoToMeeting for quite some time now (pre Covid-19), this is another software my company has resorted to for renote work. Our company is part of a wider group of companies called Digicel group so we have 'branches' in various countries, so most times are required among the various branches. Prior to Covid, these meetings would have been face to face but with using GoToMeeting, these meetings are now facilitated online. One of things that stands out for me is the fact that you can take control of someone's machine if they are experiencing any issues during their presentations. This has happened a few times with us. It has great scheduling so for instance, if someone is unable to attend a scheduled meeting, it can be rescheduled very easily and simply. Not to mention, GoToMeeting can accommodate or facilitate large audiences, with options for up to 250 participants. This has been great for our webinars. It's easy to use, flexible and affordable. Information and file sharing is relatively fast and easy. Session recording ans chat is great, and there are various integrations with other software such as Google Calender.

Cons

You must have a very fast and stable internet connection. Because my company purchased the product for our use, it was inexpensive for me. But it is not free and can also be very costly to the average individual, especially those who wish to access the premium features. Also, it does not work well with your mobile, so always have use your computer.

Mncedisi M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Time is money and GoToMeeting has become the solution towards saving time and travelling long distances to attend those meetings. With the lockdown and corona regulations this software has become a lifesaver to communicate with investors in other countries and promote your business while still at home and safe.

Pros

I like the automatic transcription because it enable one to easily get what is being said by another speaker who is a quick talker maybe or someone who has a different accent from yours. This software is also more affordable to very affordable to everyone and has very simple features that can be understood and loved by many people. During this time of corona pandemic GoToMeeting software is the solution and the way to go in order to be safe . GoToMeeting also provides you with recordings incase your multitasking in jobs. You can always be in touch of what was being said .

Cons

The chat option is most optional or rather say limited. Sometimes it can be difficult to get calls through mostly because it requires a very good internet connection. Most African countries are under the so called developing countries and it can somehow disadvantage them on that Field.

Rohit B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

One of the best tools for Web Conferencing

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

I usually Use GoToMeeting for Classroom sessions, Training Sessions, Calls with clients, and I like the ease of learning, the ability to host large groups and record the meetings.

I also like the ability to click on any of the recordings and take a quick peek at the notes I’ve made during the meeting.

Another thing I like about GoToMeeting is it works on pretty much any internet connection, including dial up and even at times things don’t work as well.

The interface is easy to use and no matter the connection, the sound quality is great.

Pros

Go To Meeting offers a wide range of features that are useful for both small group and online meetings, including HD video, audio, screen sharing, and file transfers. It also offers private and public rooms, document sharing, and a host of other features.

There is also a free version of the software, which is pretty basic in comparison to other video conferencing programs, but it is a useful tool to get you started with the program and learn how to use it.

The software also provides a free 14-day trial and is fairly inexpensive, depending on the number of participants. If you have a small group, one or two people, I recommend the free version. If you have larger numbers of participants, you may want to consider upgrading to the pro version.

One of the best features of GoToMeeting is that it is very easy to set up, and once you have it set up, you can usually access it from any computer, including your tablet or smartphone. Once the program is installed on your computer, you will have access to the software from anywhere.

GoTo Meeting ranks highest in my best Conference call tools since this platform offers all the tools one needs to run a successful business meeting, Conference calls, Team Meetings and stands out for its exceptional call quality, robust features, and excellent customer care services.

Cons

Some drawbacks of online meeting sites are: – Lacks of the Personal Touch. While the Skype for Business (Skype) has a personal touch in it, it is relatively expensive compared to other online conferencing vendors.

– It can be difficult to work around internet outages. While the VOIP (Voice Over internet Protocol) is able to function without internet, it only lasts for a relatively short time. The only way around this issue is to use a secure internet connection, which is not the best option for laptops.

– It is difficult to view large files. When the internet connection is too slow or unstable, it can cause issues with the video and audio quality.

– This option can not be used for video conferencing as it only allows screen sharing and not video.

What I would like to sugggest is it would be a useful tool for the meeting if u can update the screen share. I have a machine that does not have a microphone but it does have a camera and I would like to use that machine. I am sure thats what most people would like. I am sure it would be a lot easier to use.

Zoom Meetings, Microsoft Teams and Google Hangouts
Satya M.

Best Collaboration tool

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Overall experience is pretty awesome and I recommend this tool for any such collaborations or any conferencing session is required. Price wise also it is pretty less.

Pros

Best Audio Video Quality during the Call. We can use this without any corporate network. International calls are pretty nice and sound and video quality during the international meetings are pretty cool. Recording of the meetings and storing them in the cloud is the best option so that we can get the recordings anytime from the cloud.

Cons

The recordings should be stored more then 3 months in the Cloud. The recordings are getting autodeleted from the cloud after 3 months which is very frustrating. Chats should be achieved and can be accessible after the meeting.

Webex and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

Price is pretty less for GoToMeeting compared to WebEx.

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

We all surprised with the price difference that we get in compared to above two products. Along with the customer service from the product in comparison to other two.
Mahendra G.

GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 24/04/2021

I used this software since last year and i had bunch of benefits and i can connect my clients and my staff where they live from other countries so very fluently and ease of the functionality we can attend the conference of 100 people’s at a time
Lot of benefits its get from but fact is many of people didn’t know about it
and seriously it very best and industry leadings features it provides
i strongly recommend this over any software

Pros

Create link share it and boom join meeting instantly i think is best and more efficiently working meeting software that i had ever used it fluencly help me alot and my all colleagues and employees more enthusiastically join the meeting and better quality of video call and audio call

Cons

This software is paid and, it provides lot of features but i think everyone thinking with that software is paid so many of them go ahead so i thing GoToMeetings have to provide 7 days trial to people for better understanding of what they paid for

Zoom Video Webinars and Google Meet

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

It’s work very efficiently and properly
Snehal sanjay G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A decent app for virtual meetings

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Pros

GoTo Meeting is great for remote meetings and demos. I like the ease with which you can join meetings, easily access the recordings, integrate with Outlook to send email invites for the meetings, the ease of screensharing, and the security and privacy features make it very attractive.

Cons

There are times when you attend meetings and the audio does not work perfectly and the only option left is to restart your device. They could make the video meetings easier. Also a major drawback I feel is not allowing at least two meetings to take place at the same time. And it pushes the users very aggressively to download the software every time.

Zoom Meetings

Microsoft Teams
Keith E.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Still one of the better collaboration tools out there

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall the experience is great. Easy to roll out, if GTM pushes out an update we had it set to automatically install for the end user and this did happen it was very seamless as things update quickly and the user had no clue. We have the ability to run a number of reports to show usage, who joined a meeting, etc. The end user could even control some of their own settings from a Web interface.

Pros

I still like GTM and now easy it is compared to Teams, Zoom, or Webx. Administration is very easy as well, plug in someone's name, email address, and a welcome email is sent with links to get them started. As Admin, I RARELY ever have to field any issues or questions. Our end users quickly pickup on how to use it because its very intuitive. When I have to collaborate I still use GTM because I can, otherwise, most employees had to switch to TEAMS because it was included with Win365, however, a small group of users still have GTM for various special needs that TEAMS can't do. I like it because I can manage my meetings better, such a mute and unmute people, IM specific people or all, and when sharing a document they can see more of the document unlike TEAMS which has a smaller window display to the end user. For example, I frequently join a reoccurring meeting where someone uses TEAMS and they share a spreadsheet, its hard to follow because it's so small on the screen.

Cons

Unfortunately, with all the collaboration tools on the market, especially after the 2020 pandemic, GTM is a bit on the costly side especially if people connecting to the meeting decide to "dial in" as to using VoIP. This would drive me nuts because the pre-canned email invite for a meeting did not stress using VoIP to connect and therefore people would use the good old Toll Free thinking "it's free". No, it isn't, we pay per user per minute which adds up quickly. In fact I'm guessing this is where GoTo/LogMeIn makes most of their money .

Besides the cost for Toll and Long Distance changes there's also a fee per license/user. However, GoTo did offer some fairly recent new options that allowed for a bit more flexible with how licensing works. Nonetheless, in the long run it was too costly to keep GTM for 100 occasional users and 25 frequent users, when TEAMS was already installed on all company PCs. Many people complained about changing over, and how TEAMS was hogging up their PC processing power, dropping, breaking up, etc. but the squeaky wheel did not get oiled.

• Industry: Management Consulting

GoToMeeting, GoToTraining, Go To Google, The Government Hates It

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

When functioning fully, the tools and the suite could not be better. However, without an extensive pre-screening of the audience to ensure they have the capacity to download the GoTo app, and that they have downloaded Google Chrome and made it their preferred browser, the tools become difficult and the technical support for the audience is virtually non-existent.

Pros

I love the tool when it's working. It provides all of the meeting features, resolves bandwidth concerns and builds an ability to build community for those who are not behind any significant firewalls.

Cons

The inability to run the GoTo Suite of tools without downloads renders it useless in the government space. For those who cannot do downloads, they will be unable to join meetings. For those who refuse to use Google Chrome, they will be unable to use advanced features in the suite of GoTo tools

Zoom Video Webinars

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

WebEx was three times as expensive.

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

At the time, it was security issues with Zoom. They seem to have overcome them, so Zoom will be a prime contender when we're up for renewal.
Kristine A.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

GoToMeetings has done a great job of keeping our work place connected throughout the pandemic

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Once COVID-19 became a reality in the work place, we had to scramble to find software's that were easy to use for all staff members as well as using a software that we would feel confident would help keep us connected. GoToMeetings has done a phenomenal job at making working from home feel just as professional and organized as working in your usual working environment. Not only is it a breeze to use, this product has helped tremendously in helping keep our office safe and COVID free by giving us a way to efficiently continue working from home.

Pros

This software has a long list of uses that comes in handy, particularly throughout the current pandemic. Since using GoToMeetings, our staff meetings have become so much easier, and safer! We no longer need to be in the same room to feel like we had a well-organized staff meeting. If you are a user, its as easy as following a link or calling into the number that is created for your meeting. As a host, you can easily create links for your meeting, invite people, and use my favorite feature; locking the meeting. By locking the meeting, you can assure no one else enters the meeting. This proved extremely useful when conducting interviews through GoToMeetings. Using other software's, such as Zoom, you run the risk of getting interrupted by strangers.

Cons

As with any type of technology, there will always been some "technical issues." GoToMeetings does a great job of limiting the number of technical errors, however some are inevitable; Whether it be someone's camera is lagging, someone forgetting to unmute or some other small hiccup. However, no small technical issues can take away from the many uses of GoToMeetings and how easy and convenient it is. I definitely recommend this product.

Christoph felix S.

GoToMeeting User Review

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

When all is installed and running and the users are trained in usage its a really smart conferencing tool with many options that can be used for small webmeetings but also for webmeetings up to 500 participants.

Pros

Great feature is the hybrid audio option. Participants can choose audio via VoIP or a "normal" phone or mobile phone, both audio options are supported. So its also possible to reduce traffic on the data line if you have a large presentation or media to show in your meeting. They also offer a lot of international dial in numbers, so that pasrticipants can join the audio part of the conference without having an international call.
Another good feature is the active speaker symbol. If the participant has synchronized the audio line with the webmeeting the moderator always can see who is actually speaking. This is very useful if you have participants that you have in your conference for the first time.

Cons

A feature I am missing is the acitivity tracker of the participants. In other webmeeting software and/or in other version of the product the moderator also is able to check if a participant is not following the presentation cause the software check if he has opened another window or if he is typing in the keyboard.
For users without any webconferencing experience the software is not so easy to use. We also never received any support during the installation and implementing process.

Adobe Connect, Zoom Meetings and Mikogo

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

Because mikogo only can support audio via VoIP or telephone and not both together. It also was only available fpr meetings with up to 25 participants.

Mikogo

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

Because it was the only solutions that fitted mostly of our requirements
Althea T.
  • Industry: Building Materials

The best conference server I ever tried

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

Experience is some kind of perfect. Best audio, great image quality, great sound and possibility to share the screen, or share video, clip or files. You can stop your participation whenever you want, or go in pause if you’re in need. Also you can write some public messages as for example questions about conversation . Just one counsel: when the owner talks, all the other participants is better if close them audio, or many sounds can disturb, and plus, they get owner’s voice low.

Pros

As the review title, I can confirm this is for me, the best conference support I ever tried. First motivation of all as that differently to the most of other, you can connect yourself either by pc or by phone. Sometimes it happened to me I had a conference to connect with, and I had to go office or home and get the access only and exclusively by pc, it was not a comfy way. So, then, the second motivation is, if for example you can t open your email and follow the link to access, no drama: you can also get in touch only digiting the access code. This is very useful because if for example you re not using your pc and you don t remember the password for open your mail account and follow the link, you can access in few se one in this way (it really happened to me, as I was on holiday and had to use a public pc, didn t recognize my mail password on that one pc, and it should be a stress sit if I couldn’t t access in other way).

Cons

To be honest, I m sure that is the best software of category I can counsel. Maybe the only thing I would like to change is just for privacy, during conference open to many people (they can be at least 100 persons), I would be glade if my name was not viewed. But anyway, this is not a trouble of the software, but of the people who manage the conference, who some kind of ever ask to change the mail with the name, to be able of name you. Should be nice if GTM get you a nickname.

Sarah H.
  • Used for 2+ years

Virtual Meetings (The New Normal)

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Our agency has using GoToMeeting for years and it has been extremely user-friendly to deploy across both MAC and PC systems. The web audio has always been crystal clear, which is one of the most important aspects for effective virtual meetings. Our team has also been reall pleased with the ability to screen record. We will continue to use GoToMeeting over Zoom because it's always been reliable, safe, and extremely efficient, even before COVID-19. We have never have any issues with data privacy and GoToMeeting gives us that peace of mind that our conversations are secure and protected.

Pros

GoToMeeting is one of the quickest and most reliable virtual meeting tools available. We've been using GoToMeeting for years and it's always been very secure and safe to use at our agency. Unlike Zoom, we have never been hacked and find the quality and chat features on GoToMeeting very reliable. The admin dashboard provides very robust reporting, especially for time-tracking and monitoring within our agency and for grouping various teams together. You can use this tool to organize a meeting in just a matter of minutes and have peace of mind that your meeting space is protected and data secure.

Cons

The note-taking feature is extremely useful because we don't have to keep jumping back and forth to different screens to record meeting notes. However, it would be really nice if the note-taking feature could be part of the professional plan, especially during COVID-19. It seems like a feature that could be added on at no additional cost and that would be so useful to our teams.

BlueJeans

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

The privacy, safety and security is much better than Zoom. We have never been hacked using GoToMeeting.

Zoom Video Webinars

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

The price and features were very reasonable.
Jorge B.

Good solution for online meetings and presentation

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

I have offices, customers, account managers, partners and even developers in severalc countries. With this solution I can keep meetings or presentations everywhere in the World where I have Internet connection.
The sound can be by Internet or phone call, I can share my screen ot my webcam, and aldo I can save the meeting, to keep track of it.

Pros

I've tried other solutions and for me the best from this solution is how easy is to access to the conference for my customer. Just one click and they are inside the conference.

Cons

I would like to send invitations to my customers from the same interface instead than copy&paste the content of the access. It has plugins with main mail solutions like outlook and GMail, but sometimes because I am in a customer with firewall email rules that don't let me access to my server from outllok but only by webmail, I have to create the conference form one site copy&paste and send the invitations from my webmail.

Google Meet and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing GoToMeeting

Because I have a lot of problems with how difficult was for the users to connect to the meeting. They connect, but allways forget to connect audio or video because it is no easy to find it. Also bacause I had problems with support and invoicing.

Reasons for Switching to GoToMeeting

Because its easiness to connect to the conference
Richard C.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

GoToMeeting isn’t great, but it isn’t bad either

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

Overall it does exactly what I need it to do, but I’m really comparing it to WebEx. With WebEx, I could record meetings, create meetings through Outlook, and it had SSO enabled. GoToMeeting seems like a step backwards, but it still gets the job done. Just a little more tedious in my opinion.

Pros

I like that it allows me to hold conference calls and screen share. Really, that’s all I need it to do. I do a lot of demos and walkthroughs with clients and customers, so GoToMeeting is critical for my success. It also allows my customer to share their screen so I can see what errors or issues they’re having on their end. It really helps with the show-don’t-tell aspect of my job. I also like that my PIN never changed. It was a little on the long side, but after a week or so, I had it memorized. Made opening meetings really fast.

Cons

I’m realizing the things I like least about GoToMeeting may be on our configuration side. For example, we don’t have single sign-on (SSO), so anytime I need to open GoToMeeting, I need to log into my account. That gets a little annoying. It also doesn’t integrate with Outlook, which is also annoying. I have to go into GoToMeeting, copy my meeting information, and then paste it back into an Outlook appointment. Just a lot of needless steps. But this could just be on my side - something that we could configure if we wanted to. And I don’t have the ability to record meetings, which may be a licensing issue or configuration issue. Either way, I don’t like it.

Arturo M.

Pretty good conference software

Reviewed on 21/09/2019

The overall experience is really good; GTM runs flawlessly every time and it is full of options. The main con is just related to its price. However if you or your company can afford it, it is a really good option as a meeting software.

Pros

Gotomeeting is a pretty complete meeting software. It features the most common options on the majority of the meeting apps, such as allow to audo or video conferences, allow to share the screen or give control of you desktop to a participant of the meeting, record the sessions and so on.
Besides that it also offers some interesting options that in my opinion give GTM an extra value. One interesting feature is that the metings may have an owner that can set different level of permissions for the participants, allowing them to re-schedule the meetings of only participate as listeners but forbidding to talk. The meetings can be scheduled without need of a calendar app, so you can have your scheduled Daily scrum meeting and just need to access GTM to attend. It also count with Google Chrome plugin and a Google Calendar integration in case you're more comfortable that way. To invite people to a meeting is also really simple. It is possible to send a regular mail invitation, but it is also possiblo to do it by sharing a url link or the meeting Id number. Besides all these features, the audio/video quality is excellent, and I've never have a problem during a meeting.

Cons

Maybe the prices are a bit excesive for what it offers, since although other options may not have that many features, they are way more cheaper than GTM and this is the reason my company drop GTM some time ago when we started using G-suite, so we migrate to google meetings.