PhotoScape X

Celeste C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Good for Amateur and Beginner Photo Editing

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

My overall experience with this Photoscape X is very good. It does make it a little easier and faster to edit images. I would recommend this application for its ease of use, ease of navigation, quality editing features (even in the free version), and that it is basically beginner-friendly. Since you can easily use the free version for as long as you want or upgrade for more advanced features, it is a win-win in general.

Pros

Photoscape X is my go-to application because it is ideal for quick and efficient image editing. The features and tools it offers are highly functional. It is great for newbie image creators or wannabe creators to start for free, but it is surely worth the one-time price of $39.99. It is easy to find most of the features you need. It makes resizing and cropping images easy. I use it for my eBay images. It offers great exposure leveling, brightness leveling, image correcting, and color-enhancing features to make my pictures pop! It also makes it easy to work with multiple images for batch editing. Also, it is very easy to write text within an image (I make memes with it occasionally) and add fun stickers. It is fun to create simple designs for just about any project.

Cons

While most of the essential image editing functions are easy to find, some features are less easy to locate which can be tedious when I am in a hurry. It works perfectly on my laptop, but I am not sure about the mobile app yet. The most recent issue I have noticed is that it lags and/or freezes when I am in the middle of editing. Though that does not happen a lot, it has been happening some in recent months even after I cleaned and cleared my memory and cache. I am not sure what that is about. Finally, if you want to make images look like you edited them in Photoshop (i.e. extra special functions), Photoscape X does not do that. It does perform brilliantly for essential photo editing.

Aline cristina D.

Good designer software.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

My experience with this software, in general, is very good, it has always made it easier for my designers to make the arts.
I recommend this software because it is not necessary to have the knowledge to handle it, it is easy and practical to move.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of handling, it contains several tools that make it easy to create a designer.
The photo resizing tool's function is excellent. I always use it to help me create my social network posts of the right size for each one.

Cons

The icons inside the software should be more updated, with new figurines to make the designer arts more creative.

Anil C.

Powerful Editing Tool PhotoScape X

Reviewed on 25/06/2022

PhotoScape X is powerful tool for editing and I am using it for a long time.

Pros

PhotoScape X is important tool to create images and editing them. It works well and it is really important tool.

Cons

PhotoScape X has no bad feature at all. It works well for editing.

Carolina K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

The view towards Photoscape.

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

I have always liked it, it was part of my youth and now I use it in my work. The functions have changed little so do a good job using it. It is nostalgic software.
From the access to the functionality of the photos, it is very good at showing all the photos in the folders present on the computer at the same time.

Pros

The program is part of the software used since the beginning of the internet. At the time, one of the best possible tools to edit your photos. Its very ease of use is what continues to attract attention. The handling of the edition follows is fast and very understandable for all ages (something necessary in a world where not everyone has a computer knowledge). Each function is specially marked to stand out, so it is possible to use Photoscape without having knowledge of photo editing at high level.

Cons

What I like the least is the functionality of the stickers, the letters or the lines that can be edited for the photographs. It is essential that a competitive product is present in the minds of the youngest, so that it is eye-catching.

Stella G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Good app for free

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

I could do my job and all in all the results were great

Pros

I have used this software to edit images captured in my microscopy. The app is lightweight, run fast in my computer and the edit features available are enough if you don’t have professionals requirements. The app is very simple to use and the results are very satisfactory.

Cons

It obviously lacks some more advanced edit features that are present in similar paid app.

inPixio Photo Studio
Tina S.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 6-12 months

Better for professionals

Reviewed on 03/01/2021

Good. I will continue to use Photoscape for making collages.

Pros

I especially like the collage option. It's the main feature for which I used Photoscape X. It has many frame options to combine and position the images you want.

I also used it to blur some text in order to hide some details that were personal. It has many other functions like adding text, stickers, and removing blemishes, but if you're looking for a software to create quick social media posts or posters, it might be a bit difficult for beginners.

Cons

It's not always easy to find the functions you're looking for.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

PhotoScape Rocks!

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

In a short amount of time, I'm able to create graphics to share on Instagram, use in presentations, or hand out as flyers. The app is so easy to use, especially if you're not a graphic designer by trade. I was offered PhotoShop but chose to use PhotoScape

Pros

PhotoScape is super easy to use to create graphics for slides, Instagram, flyers, and more. It is an intuitive program with a pretty straightforward layout. You can import pictures, add text, shapes, change colors, delete backgrounds from photos, etc.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that it does not open .eps files. I've also had issues where I wasn't able to crop a picture that I was adding to a graphic in the program itself. I've also had a problem where I've had to add text to a graphic before it would let me add an image to the graphic. To me, these are pretty minor problems compared to its usefulness.

Aria S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Lightest Image Processor With Heavy Functions

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

I was skeptical when this software offered to my desk for daily use until I try it myself, mostly for change dimension and size of many pictures, and batch processing to convert to other file formats. Some other software have similar function, but this one have the best speed.

Pros

This software is lightweight and fast. I tried many others before, and now using Photoscape as one of my daily software.

Cons

Simple image editing tools that come as a bundle of many functions. Some newbie in image editing might love it, but designers and photographers like me and many in my teams never use it.

Gift princess B.
  • Industry: Music

I've been recommending this product since forever

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

I've been using Photoscape X in forever, more or less a decade. I started using it for my blog in early 2010s and I'm emotionally attached to it or something because this tool can't compare with others (example: batch processing is my favorite). When I need to post fast, either for my social media or my businesses, this is the BEST tool I will recommend.

Pros

Batch processing, instant edit coloring tools, diversified filters, and most of all free and easy

Cons

Only when it loads slow and sometimes crashes

Barış T.

Your photos are better quality with PSX

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

I used my images in the application to organize these images that I waste.

Pros

The app is extremely easy to use. The interface is simple and user friendly. Ready-made images and templates in the application are very useful.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about the application. Users can use it with peace of mind.

Jessica F.

Photoscape X , easy and effective

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Overall I would say that I've had an amazing experience with Photoscape. From the very beginning i haven't encountered any issues with the software itself.

Pros

I have been using Photoscape for over 3 years now and i absolutely adore it. It's easy to use, quick with many features - even on the free version. And the paid version is extremely affordable as well. Whenever a friend of colleague has asked what i would re comment for a beginner , who hasn't studied editing or photography. I always suggest Photoscape.

Cons

There really isnt any issues that i have personally encountered with the software itself, if there were to be a con is that it works best on a pc/laptop that has a fast cpu and enough disk space. the fuller your drive, the slower the program will be.

• Industry: Entertainment

An almost "lightroom" without so much pretension.

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

From all the years I've been using it, it's always a lifesaver to have it with me. Not only because of its ease of use, but in less difficult jobs, it is the best ally. It achieves results equal to those that can be achieved working with more complex products.

Pros

Completely intuitive. It is a product that allows the user not only to "get out of trouble", but also to make small editions, add texts and make corrections to photographs professionally in minutes. It should be noted that these photographic corrections must be without giant pretensions.
If what you are looking for is a good color correction and small editions, it is an excellent program.
It is also worth mentioning its other functions, such as filter templates and batch photo editing.

Cons

There were giant improvements. However, taking into account that social networks have no pause, and it is mostly a product used by "amateur" people, I would think it would be appropriate to add a section of (pre-established) formats designed for the social networks of the moment.

Ricardo F.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Simple Solutions to Difficult Problems

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

Since I started producing content for the internet I felt the need for a light and simple program to create my thumbnails, and after I started using PhotoScape X I never stopped using it. It was the perfect solution to create the right image for the theme of the content produced, an indispensable tool for me. Long and prosperous life for PhotoScape X.

Pros

The software brings simple and very interactive solutions so that you can edit your images or photo album, it allows a good interaction with external files and plugins, with many image and text effects to personalize your images and leave them with the necessary aspect for expose your ideas.

Cons

Perhaps one of the difficulties of the software is the availability of effects, figures and native icons in the free version, after a while using the same options the works can be repetitive, but nothing that a good amount of external material does not solve. And maybe it would be interesting to start offering an interface that supports images with high definition and with more options of formats.

André luiz L.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great for editing photos

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

I use softawere very often, I always use the batch editing feature, it makes my job a lot easier, it is perfect for anyone looking for a complete tool with a free version.

Pros

Photoscape X is an excellent software for photo editing, it is possible to make corrections to brightness and exposure, cropping and montage of several photos, has a function to reduce the size of photo files and supports several image formats, with it and It is possible to make edits in batches, a feature that makes it much easier when taking a nap working with a large number of images.

Cons

Photoscape X could have a version for smartphones or even on web platforms, it would facilitate the user who needs access to it at all times.

Mona K.

Meets my needs - and then some.

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

I use this software constantly. Any picture I take, that I want to display - either for myself - or for others to enjoy - gets edited to some extent in this software. If nothing else, I crop, and adjust brightness and contrast so that the picture is pleasing to the eye. I might also add optional filters, depending on the subject matter. Overall, easy to easy, and robust with features.

Pros

Very rich in features. Anything and everything I need to do, to edit my photos is available. Note: I am NOT a photographer, I don't do any work, professionally, with photos. I'm talking purely as an everyday user who likes to edit my own photos for my own enjoyment. Crop, adjust colors, resize, etc. Simple edits like that as well as hundreds more are available and fairly easy to use.

Cons

Their auto-adjustment features aren't too good. I've used other photo editing software that handles auto-adjustments better. Therefore I opt not to use their auto-adjustments. Instead, I tweak each aspect individually, on my own.

Marcelo B.
  • Industry: Photography

practical and easy photoscape for those working with photo editing

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

PhotoScape offers several tools for editing images. They allow you to adjust brightness and color, white balance, background correction and resize the photo size. In addition, you can also insert frames, filters, balloons, make a mosaic, add text, remove red eyes and blur images.
The program also offers batch editing, where it is possible to edit several images, how to resize or frame all the images at once. This tool makes life easier for the user who needs to edit several photos with the same pattern.

Pros

very easy to use practical and objective
anyone can use.

Cons

you can’t change the background of a photo quite accurately like other programs.

Scott H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The best value photo editing software on the market.

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

For anyone not already using photoshop, this is a great beginner tool for the everyday worker.

Pros

Very powerful and easy to use photo editing tools. Batch editing and background erasing to create transparent .png files are my favorite tools.

Cons

Nothing. It is perfect for the price and met all of my expectations.

Amanda G.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Photoscape- Excellent for Beginners!

Reviewed on 04/01/2020

Overall, Photoscape is easy to use and doesn't require studying hours to figure out. The options for editing are more limited than Photoshop, for example, but it gets the job done.

Pros

Photoscape is user friendly and is easy for a beginner to learn. It's useful for editing photos and has some fun light filters and overlays that make editing faster and easier. Printing edited photos also turns out excellent.

Cons

The free version doesn't have as many capabilities and options, obviously. For example, it's difficult to figure out how to edit multiple photos in Photoscape. I usually just edit them one at a time in the program. You can copy and paste previous settings, which is a plus, but it still seems to take longer in my opinion.

• Industry: Media Production

great software for simple photo editing and capturing

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

mostly i used this software for capturing screen and type some word on the photo.

Pros

there is have many way to capture. region capture, screen capture are very important.

Cons

this software have sipmle photo editing tool. i think if it improve to photo editing side much better.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Photoscape X is simple, but it is a great image editing and processing software.

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Photoscape X is great software.
It has very useful tools for editing, creating and processing photos.
As entry-level software for beginners is perfect.
Works great on computers of modest use because it is very light.
Don't be fooled by its simple appearance, Photoscape has features that allow great productivity at work. It has the ability to deliver high quality work.
The Photoscape cannot compare himself to the leader of the segment, but It surprised me in a powerful way, I strongly recommend It.

Pros

Extremely lightweight software that allows excellent quality work.

Cons

The software still needs some tools to be more complete.

Tony S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A best experience with photoscape

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Its a free software with an exciting features which makes the software user-friendly...

Pros

First off all it is user friendly and there is no complications even for the beginners. Many features and brilliant templates are available in it. Easier than any other editing softwares

Cons

It's lagging is somewhat bothering me, and freezes sometimes when working with more files

• Industry: Photography

Convenience

Reviewed on 18/08/2021

Personally, the software is very important to me because my work is with photos and I am currently not able to pay for a paid version and this software provides many free features that are of great value to me when editing my work. I didn't have a desktop for a while and downloaded the software on my cell phone, which allowed me to edit my work with great quality.

Pros

I loved. It is a great option for those who need to improve their photographs, but cannot afford to buy the paid version. They release a lot of great features in the free version.

Cons

Personally, for me who work with photos I still have nothing to complain about this software. I'm using the free version and it complies with what it promises to do, in terms of its released resources.

Elaina C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

For Beginners

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

I feel like it helped me grow in my career and has educated me with editing and enhancing photos.

Pros

I loved this software as it was easy to use and the more I use it the more I learn about editing and cleaning up photos etc

Cons

In the beginning it seemed complicated but as I used it I was able to learn and create some great photos as well edit bad ones.

Kris E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Photo and Graphics Editor

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Needed software that could adjust pixel size and found so much more. Now my go-to for image design.

Pros

Fairly easy to use even for beginners. Lots of bells and whistles for experienced designers. Can change pixel sizes.

Cons

I haven't tried to change the view yet but the default is a bit small. Can be hard to identify the image you need.

Sharifah F.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

One of the best app for beginners

Reviewed on 27/02/2021

Pros

What I like the most about this app is it is very easy to use to edit pictures and create gif files. Definitely recommended.

Cons

What I like the least about this app is I took some time to adapt with some of the app's features. I have to use it regularly in order to be comfortable using this app efficiently.