Adobe Photoshop

4.1/5
4.3/5

451 Reviews for UK Users

Jakub G.

Edit the image however you want - whether at work or for fun

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

Within our organization, thanks to photoshop, we do not have to hire an external marketing organization. We will prepare all advertising materials ourselves. There are a lot of pictures in our catalogs, again thanks to the photoshop we will adapt all the pictures to the required size and format.

Pros

Whether you need to remove Grandma's wart from her face, or you need to paint your grandfather's more thick beard, it's up to you and your imagination to create everything with Photoshop.
What I like most about Photoshop is that nothing is a limit for you and everything is just a matter of imagination. You can create whatever you can think of.

Cons

There is nothing I would not be happy with in Photoshop. Some tools, such as auto-cropping images to erase the background, aren't 100% complete, but it's still better than most other tools.

Jeremy D.

Industry Leader for a Reason

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

Photoshop has been my bread and butter editing app for decades. Its controls and keyboard shortcuts are so second-nature to me now, that it's hard to imagine using anything else. That being said, PS is bloated and sluggish sometimes, and speedy, lighter apps like Affinity Photo are nipping at Adobe's heels.

Pros

Photoshop invented digital image editing and it's no surprise that users like myself have stuck with it for 20 years. Photoshop can be easy for a beginner, but the level of control for a professional is unrivalled. And its new AI features are making tedious things like object-masking and portraits a breeze.

Cons

Adobe software is bloated and sluggish sometimes. The application files are massive, and users will find themselves staring at a splash screen for a long time before the application loads. Save as/Export dialogs are very sluggish. The whole Adobe Cloud subscription model is expensive, with an invasive background app that is very difficult to uninstall.

Pixelmator Pro, Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Since I've been using Photoshop for so long, and that it integrates tightly with other CC apps like Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere, it's hard to switch to anything else.
Sipho S.

The experience

Reviewed on 05/12/2021

Its a great software i have help a lot of up coming company with there branding.

Pros

it's is a great tool to creat and edit images.With it's marvellous ability to have almost every single too that you would require to edit images.IT can be installed on multiple operating system from windows,android,ipad etc.its tremandous ability to support almost all image formats and its also had the ability to edit video.

Cons

Not every one can afford the monthly or yearly subscription payment.You need a p.c with good specs to avode problems when rendering some high-guality graphics.

Kimberly B.
  • Industry: Animation

Photoshop Review

Reviewed on 01/10/2021

I love it compared to other programs that I have used! It definitely sped up my workflow and I've improved a lot while using Photoshop. I love that it gives you lots of room to experiment with different looks and brushes. However, I feel that after I have graduated from school, I may have to switch to another program due to the price. It is a subscription price while there are plenty of other programs that are a one-time only purchase.

Pros

Right off the bat I loved that this program had pressure sensitivity and a variety of brushes that come with the program. I also love that you can download a variety of brushes from the Adobe website with an account (I adore the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] brushes and use them often). I love that you can change the image size and DPI very easily, and that it is quite easy to navigate. It was not much of a learning curve for me to figure out the program. I love the pen tool and I use it often. I love that you are able to make a brush stroke along the path that you make with the pen tool and it has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

I think the line control could use some improvement. I find it difficult to make a clean, non-shaky line especially if I haven't done it in a while. I have heard from many people that Clip Studio Paint is much better than Photoshop in this aspect. I also don't like that on a Mac, which is what I use, dragging a window off of the main Photoshop window will result in it going behind the main window after you click back on it. On a Windows computer, it will stay floating in front of the main window. I've had to resort to making windows smaller and/or using the multiple stacking window option because of this. I also dislike how in the newest version of Photoshop, the "pixel" function has been removed from the Line Tool. It was definitely a good and quick way to draw a line.

Sean S.
  • Industry: Design

Graphic Design and Editing made easy.

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

My overall experience is very good, I've done some interesting projects with Photoshop which I could have done in other software or it would have taken me longer. I haven't had too many issues that I needed assistance with except for billing, where I got billed twice but it was resolved in a reasonable amount of time. It took me several days, initially, to figure out some of the quirks and features of Photoshop, of which, I mostly had to look on Youtube for tips and tricks.

Pros

Photoshop is the best graphic design tool on the market, this software offers so much content and tools that help you design whatever you want that I couldn't possibly go to another software. The library and templates offered, make life so much easier with various different aspects of design, from images to your own custom designs.

Cons

customer support isn't the most helpful or punctual and it tends to take several emails to resolve tickets. The software is difficult to use and some of what you get out of its Help Wizard can confuse you, even more, the biggest obstacle for any general user is the user interface, there are just so many buttons, for some, it can be overwhelming, while those like me with trying each button to see what they do.

Luba L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Photoshop runs our business

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

We have been using Photoshop to design and illustrate merchandise for almost 15 years. It is tough to learn but luckily, there are many resources online.

Pros

After a steep learning curve, (really steep) you come to the conclusion that there is literally nothing you cannot do with Photoshop when it comes to image editing, drawing, design... Recent upgrades include excellent tutorials - which is a huge plus.

Cons

It is extremely expensive for small firms like ours. Photoshop comes either alone (for a year) or as part of a huge bundle that costs a fortune. There is no way to individually select several applications and pay a reasonable fee.

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) and CorelDRAW

Its seamless integration with InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator
Monique M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great for Graphic Designs

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

The experience overall has been great

Pros

I like that have the opportunity to create my own designs with my own style and creativity

Cons

So far I do not have any issues using this program

Dalmir A.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Productivity software

Reviewed on 27/12/2021

So far I have nothing to complain about, I have had a good experience working with Adobe Photoshop in these 4 years and I just want the company to keep improving their software to provide a better experience for all users.

Pros

I'm a Designer for 4 years and Adobe Photoshop was already a headache for me in my beginning phase as a Graphic Designer, the software itself helps you to be creative as it has so many tools and a creative ecosystem to inspire users, it's amazing how you can take your idea of the mind and materialize it in an image, Adobe has my congratulations.

Cons

I never stop considering myself a beginner, because I know what it's like to not have the budget to invest in the best programs to improve your work, as a professional this is frustrating, Adobe could create a package for beginners designers where after evolving they would feel the need to migrate to the normal package would be of great help! And I wish it wasn't just 2 GB of cloud, for basics it could be 5 to 6 GB, 2 GB ends up too fast, PSD files create a lot of cache files in the computer's memory and fill up the memory fast, it would be fair to give more GB of cloud.

Nicole A.
  • Industry: Design

One of the best Applications out there

Reviewed on 06/12/2021

Overall, I love the strong capabilities this program has, I use it on the daily creating graphics and short animations with music even for some clients. It's been a powerful tool in my daily work and it continues to improve and make life easier for us designers.

Pros

I love the ease of use of the interface. I have been using Adobe Photoshop for about 15 years and everytime it gets better and better. The company has really made it so that the user has the best experience and all the tutorials help learn new tools and how they are used. I love the crop tool and how it has become so much powerful to silhouette images and fine lines like hair.

Cons

I wish the help tool would be more detailed in information, maybe opening a tutorial by Adobe on how to to use new tools like the puppet wrap, it still an elusive tool to me

Tanice D.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

"Picture perfect"

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

Pros

In a time when everything has to be picture perfect, photoshop is the best graphic software I have ever used. I am able to do so much, not just photo retouching, but I am also able to create professional looking graphic designs. I am able to save money that I'd spend having persons retouch and redo my photos, create graphics and contents for social media because of this software. I would recommend this software to everyone, as it can be used both for personal and professional use.

Cons

The software is not so user friendly so its very time consuming learning how to use the app.

Cushi M.

My Favorite graphic design and image editing software

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

I use Photoshop to make graphics for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, website design, business cards, t-shirts and more. Almost any visual creation that my business requires is made by me in Photoshop. I also still do some freelance designing, and photoshop is always my go-to. It's reliable, powerful, technical and feature-rich. The only reason I would not recommend it as a first choice to most people is because most people are looking for an easier to use solution like Canva.

Pros

I love that photoshop is accessible at $9.99 per month with lightroom and storage as a part of the package. I love the endless tools and various ways to combine them to create masterpieces. Photoshop gives the user complete control over their artwork, as opposed to say, a Canva. Photoshop is definitely for professionals who want full technical control over their work.

Cons

What I like least is that the only option for integrated cloud storage is Adobe's Creative Cloud. Having the ability to save directly to Google Drive - or any other major cloud platform would be an invaluable timesaver and productivity booster.

Affinity Designer and Canva

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I have over a decade of experience using Photoshop, so when the opportunity came to reconsider my design solution, it was an easy choice. I prefer the interface over Affinity and with the technical limitations of Canva, it was clear that Photoshop would be the best bet for me going forward (although I do LOVE the idea of only paying for Affinity once... I might give that another shot...).
Meheli R.
  • Industry: Photography

Adobe Photoshop Review

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Would it be advisable for me to get Photoshop?

That depends. Assuming you are searching for proficient grade programming and need to work in the expert visual computerization space, learn Photoshop.

It's an incredible instrument that many individuals in this industry use to make and wonderful their plans. Realizing the program will assist you with learning new projects in the future too.

Assuming you are a specialist, I suggest utilizing GIMP or Krita. Why? Photoshop membership charges add up rapidly, and free projects can do a considerable lot of Photoshop's primary elements.

Pros

PROS

Consistent Updates: Adobe offers ordinary updates, fixing bugs, refining instruments, and adding more highlights. The consistent updates keep the application cutthroat on the lookout.

Wide Usage: Millions of individuals use Adobe Photoshop, making it a practically all inclusive language among creators and specialists, extraordinary for joint effort.

Consistent Compatibility with Other Adobe Programs: Photoshop works agreeably with the other Adobe applications, incredible for makers who need to hop between programs.
For instance, a film editorial manager working in Premiere might have to alter a photograph still from a film. They could then leap to Photoshop, modifying, and completing the photograph. Every Adobe application dominates in its picked medium, making the full Creative Cloud suite a tool compartment available to you.

Fantastic Range of Features: You can do nearly anything in this application, from activity, 3D plan, photograph correcting, to considerably more. Photoshop has improved enormously and extended many devices to the forces to be reckoned with they are today.

Cons

Cons

Costly: Photoshop should be paid for through a perpetual membership. It is absolutely impossible to buy the product by and large, an enormous channel on makers who continually then need to dish out many dollars to utilize programming that turns into a crucial piece of their inventive framework.

Overpowering Toolset: The quantity of Photoshop highlights can be overpowering on occasion, particularly for novices learning the application. While the component list is mind boggling, there will frequently be sets of instruments that creatives never contact, contingent upon their specialty.

Troublesome Learning Curve: Bouncing off the most recent point, Photoshop is a monster to learn. Indeed, even veterans should keep watching instructional exercises to stay aware of the new updates and get familiar with the new elements. The steady condition of learning can be a lot for certain clients.

Dragan S.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Still most expensive, and still the best and most reliable

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Overall, Photoshop is still my go-to when it comes to editing. I enjoy working in it.
At first, it was a little hard to get a hang of all the features, but once I started learning from experts on YT, it became a lot easier.
Although it's a little pricey compared to other programs, I believe it is still the most reliable and most versatile platform there is.

Pros

Photoshop is the most versatile program for photo editing. The range alone makes it worthwhile, and provides for excellent service.
I like the pre-set features, but also the ability to customize most of them. Additionally, it is the industry standard, and as such, it it important for everyone dealing with content, marketing, graphic design.
Recent updates to the Creative Cloud ensured its stability, so it's probably the safest program for your work.
Additionally, there is a rich community that teaches you how to use all the tools in new ways.

Cons

The program itself is still a little pricey compared to similar programs, but I managed to get it on a student discount subscription.
It takes a while to get a hang on, but once you have a few tools, and learn how to expand on those, it becomes pretty self-explanatory.

LuminarAI

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Although Luminar has some very interesting features and powerful AI, I thought that the output quality was below Adobe Photoshop.

LuminarAI

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is still the industry standard – and the majority of courses, tutorials, and collaboration projects are designed around it. It also connects nicely to other apps and programs, so it is indispensable for work.
Anthony F.
  • Industry: Automotive

Photoshop in a Professional Setting

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

I utilize Photoshop daily in the work that I do whether that be actual graphic design or photo editing for my job. As an experienced user (from CS to present day CC) I understand where Creative Cloud is going in terms of making certain workflows and processes simple and more effective. However, in regards to that, it also seems like it leaves certain experienced individuals running around trying to figure out where some of the tools they've utilized have mysteriously disappeared to. Also with constantly updating it also breaks some of its functionality until another patch is released. Overall Photoshop is a workhorse when it comes with image manipulation and photo editing. Whereas there are a lot of third party resources out there (and for much cheaper than a CC subscription) it really boils down to what features you want vs. what are you willing to give up.

Pros

The features I admire the most about Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite line is that the shortcuts (once you know them) tend to transpire throughout the other programs - and if some differ, they don't differ by much. I also like how streamline Photoshop works with the other programs within Adobe Creative Suite because you can import and/or drag and drop files within one another.

Cons

The thing to be noted with Photoshop if you're truly a beginner is that there is a steep learning curve. With the new updates for Creative Cloud (from what I've witnessed personally) I understand where Adobe was going with making things more simple to do, but in retrospect for someone with more experience certain functions are either hidden within panels and/are omitted completely. This can be a headache with new updates when a good handful of tools you're used to working with suddenly disappear. Adobe could fix this with having a legacy tool interface for those who are more experienced to the program to utilize.

Eero L.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Top tool for image creation and editing

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

I use Photoshop for editing photos, brochure and ad design, banner creation, and much more. It (with few other Adobe programs) helps me to get all graphic design things done, and some hobby projects too.

Pros

Photoshop has all the functionality one might need for graphic design, image editing, photography, both for work and hobby. I like the speed and how the tools are, they really help and save my time for more important things.

Cons

The only times when I turn to some other software are 1) when I want to sharpen the images, I rather use another software and 2) for digital painting, if I want a more traditional look, Corel Painter is better. Apart from this, Photoshop is the king. Competitors are not far behind though, and what I like the least in Photoshop is the pricing model. I prefer to buy the software once and use it (for years) without necessarily buying upgrades. Adobe's pricing model is good for short-term users and those who want constant upgrades. For long-term users who can live without the newest upgrades, this pricing policy is really bad.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I chose Photoshop because it has the best functionalities for photo editing. However, I still use Corel Painter for digital painting and sometimes Clip Studio too. GIMP was too weak when it comes to functionality and speed so I ditched it, hoping it will evolve in the future. CorelDraw didn't offer what Photoshop did. For vectors I ended up using Adobe Illustrator.
Ryan H.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Amazing Photo Editing and the best Photography Software

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Overall, my experience with Adobe Photoshop is terrific. I mostly used for photo editing and manipulation and it does an excellent job. It is easy to use, light on the computer, and loads images fast. I get images files in different formats but Photoshop handles everything very well.

Pros

I love everything about Adobe Photoshop. I mostly use it for photo editing. I have team of graphic designers that share their work with me. I have to check it for quality and correction. I love how easy it is to drag and drop images in Photoshop and do small/large adjustment. It has a variety to tools that are pretty easy to use. It supports many different file formats and processes really fast. Pre-built Templates, photo library, filters, and layers are some of the features that I particularly like. It works equally good on Windows and Mac.

Cons

It offers less support for vector images. That was the reason that I had to opt for Illustrator. Other than that, I think it does a great job.

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Corel Draw had less options and limited tools. I wanted to work on illustrations and videos that were not possible in the CD.

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is less complicated and more user-friendly. It is good for beginners. Illustrator is not everybody's cup of tea. You have to be a pro to be using Illustrator in its full capacity. Adobe Photoshop, on the other hand, is good and easy to work with.
Van mclean R.

Still the topnotch image editing software for graphic artists

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

You can basically do anything and everything with Photoshop. This is what I primarily use for marketing flyer creations from scratch.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop allows you to create your image from scratch and lets your imagination translate into an actual product/layout. It has the most comprehensive feature and shortcut keys are easy to remember for ease of working. Depends on the laptop that youre using as well, it loads faster and edits faster as it's very easy to switch from one function to another - and the toolbar on the left is also very accessible. On the recent Photoshop versions, you can create and save your own workspace which will allow you to choose only the most used icons and functions.

Cons

It has the tendency to eat up a lot of memory depend on your artwork. Photoshop would also require high computer requirements in order for the software to function well. These are very technical observations as the software itself is very great

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop gives you the flexibility to be creative and pick up whatever is in your mind. This is very user-friendly from the graphic artist's perspective. The Adobe Suite might be a bit expensive in general, but definitely worth it for the company.
Mack B.

Something for Everybody

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Overall, the experience has been positive, as Photoshop is my main go-to for any type of illustrative work. From posters to concept pitch decks, I'm very happy with what Photoshop is able to help me accomplish. What I know from the Adobe Suite is that I will typically get quality in whatever I do; Photoshop has a great reputation and is an asset in the field for this reason, so I feel like I've always been in good hands with Adobe's products.

Furthermore, despite its setbacks, Photoshop is user-friendly and the interface is fairly approachable. I don't feel daunted when I start a new project or continue a tedious one. Truly, the program has something for everyone, and with a bit of elbow grease, it can be the thing that elevates your project to new dimensions.

Pros

Photoshop has a plethora of useful tools ranging from simple color correction to advanced cutting, pasting, and masking. It's a very dynamic program with a variety of ways of completing a task. Photoshop also feels like a tool for everybody--a beginner coming from very simple editing on Preview, for instance, would feel right at home just as a highly skilled professional in the world of illustration would.

What's more, Photoshop also grants you the freedom to play around and explore. It really feels like an artist's canvas, and the only limit is your imagination. At the same time, it also supports a more business-oriented approach and workflow, while still maintaining a creative energy. The app is a chameleon, and really bends to the limits of its user.

Cons

There's a lot of minutiae involved with Photoshop, as every step matters, and every tiny detail cannot be overlooked. This sometimes feels overwhelming at times, especially in the middle of a long process. Masking, for instance, can be confusing as it relates to layers, and Smart Objects I don't find particularly useful unless the program is telling me I need to rasterize or otherwise change a layer into a Smart Object. I'm never given an explanation why, or why I cannot bypass it, so I have to take these tiny moments at face value.

I am also not a fan of the magnetic lasso tool for how restrictive it is. It doesn't conform all that well to certain angles and shapes, and I will often need to zoom in to the pixel level in order to painstakingly and manually wrap around each pixel if I want a precision job.

I also dislike the lack of presets--there should be presets that make approaching a project a lot easier and reduce the strain of manual work. It'd not only save a lot of time, but it'd help an amateur project look and feel a lot more professional.

Jason E.

adobe photoshop review

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Photoshop has brought a lot of innovation to my designer skills. I am just satisfied working with this software for all my projets. The capacity of editing feaures it offers to its users is far more advanced as compared to other competitive photo editing software.

It's just the right tool for professional photographs.

Pros

adobe photoshop has demonstrated itself qualified to be hailed (might sound insane, yet it's the way I believe), I can simply drag and drop my records as though it were a piece of cake (woah)

-It allows me to keep my workspace very organized, assign different files to their independent folders based on file categories just within one user interface.
- what else causes me to feel energized and inspired if not having a program with a high level graphical interface and potential outcomes that can change over the refuse (pointless pictures) into valuable records? indeed, that is the means by which photoshop helps me out, making valuable documents out of those I'd decided to ship off the recycle bin.

-It permits me to synchronize my libraries with cloud documents.
-It has an advanced understanding of the 3D concept
-Users can assign certain codes to this software and its responses to their queries accordingly
-Photoshop is able to zoom out an image to the least pixels which are rather fantastic as it helps my work throughout the success.
-The latest version has advanced tools to improving on creative masterpieces for photographs like advanced photo correction and drawing.
-My favorite tool for web designing.
-Automatically saves files per work session, this is important for users in countries experiencing constant electric seizures.
- has essential export formats available
- It has a unique image processing algorithm
-Uses an advanced technology of artificial intelligence

Cons

Membership plan is reneweable every month.

the UI is so expansive and atimes needs steady help from specialists.

Ni made cristina D.

Adobe Photoshop - Make All Your Picture to be Fantastic!

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

Adobe Photoshop or commonly abbreviated as Photoshop is software that is the creation of Adobe Systems which is specifically aimed at those who want to do photo editing and create certain effects to get impressive shots.
Because of the level of convenience and also the many features in the software, many digital photographers and advertising companies rely on the following services to work on their projects. Thus, it is not surprising that Photoshop has now succeeded in becoming the market leader in photo editors.
Basically, the main function of this image processing application is to edit photos or images with raster or bitmap types. However, as an image editing application, its functions can be more specific, such as improving image results, engineering, to creating new image designs according to demand.

To beautify itself, there are various things that can be used by users (me), including fixing color saturation, smoothing objects, drawing certain parts, adding visualization effects, and many others. Due to someone's skill at creating a photo with Photoshop, other people can be amazed by creator's work.

Pros

Able to produce more satisfying images, it has complete and quality features.
Can make writing with the effect I want, and look different from other forms of writing.
Can be used for design or image editing
Can be used to process web material. Whether it's the basic mapping of a website, banner ads, or even small things like image management that I want to use as a feature image on a web, it can be managed first with the following application.
It is familiar, and has always been a mainstay by several groups
More complete editing facilities than others
The engineering result looks like the original without any edits
Able to create a higher quality effect, even though previously there were too many effects
Compatible with several types of image formats.

Cons

It takes a long time to learn to become proficient in mastering all the features available in an image processing application. Layers can only be understood by the creator (myself), because if there are so many, of course other people who will continue my work will be quite confused. Even though it has been given an appropriate name, I still have to get used to it for some time to learn it
Not suitable in making magazines or brochures, because it is not reliable in making paragraphs with a large number of words. The size required is too big too, moreover, there are many layers that are inputted in a certain project with high quality. The required storage file can be up to GB.
When used to print results, the paper used is relatively difficult
The required resources are quite high, so not all people can use the following software smoothly, because of CPU, RAM, to VGA and GPU limitations used.

Shailesh R.

Valuable & Simple Review Adobe Photoshop

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Adobe Photoshop permits you to make your picture without any preparation and allows your creative mind to convert into a real item/format. It has the most far reaching element and alternate route keys are not difficult to recall for simplicity of working. Relies upon the PC that you are utilizing too, it stacks quicker and alters quicker as it's extremely simple to change starting with one capacity then onto the next - and the toolbar on the left is additionally entirely available. On the new Photoshop adaptations, you can make and save your own work area which will permit you to pick just the most utilized symbols and capacities.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop is incredible programming and each update brings extremely new astounding elements. Adobe's name itself is sufficient to demonstrate this.
Adobe Photoshop is the best photograph proofreader around, regardless of whether you need to finish up your photographs or control them to your ideal requirements, Photoshop is incredible. I love the huge swath of devices Photoshop has permitting quite recently an easygoing client to get essential photograph altering.

Cons

The components can be overpowering for another client. This product is pressed to the gills with highlights.
It offers less help for vector pictures. That was the explanation that I needed to select Illustrator. Other than that, I figure it works effectively.
It tends to gobble up a ton of memory rely upon your craftsmanship. Photoshop would likewise require high PC necessities all together for the product to work well. These are exceptionally specialized perceptions as the actual product is extremely incredible

Ljubica T.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Essential software with SaaS glitches and failed updates

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

I am an artist and printer, so I use Photoshop daily to edit client photos/artwork and set up print files to my Canon Pro machines. I also create artwork on my Wacom in Photoshop. My PC is quite powerful so I can have many, many huge files open at once and Photoshop can handle that. The last update to v. 23.0 was not compatible with my HP Zbook, however, so I had to rollback. Any file that I opened would crash the program after 30 seconds of being opened.

Pros

I am familar with it because I have used it since the mid-2000s.

Cons

My very least favorite aspect of Photoshop these days is the SaaS deployment. There have been numerous times where the server goes down right in the middle of the work day, and then I cannot log into my account in order to use my software. This interrupts my workday and completely throws off job deadlines. I really wish that the SaaS was better handled with Photoshop and CC. I end up going to Twitter to get support to try and log me in, but usually it doesn't work if its a system-wide outage. Very, very bad for business.

Krita

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I own all of these programs but Photoshop is the industry standard for graphic work.
Lina S.

Industry standard that is still a leader in the field

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

This program have been with me from the very begging of my career and is an absolute industry standard. I have learn so many ways to use Photoshop, and am fully proficient in it. But at the same time, it is funny to think that there are a lot of options I don't use or haven't learnt yet simply because my line of work does not require that. This program is so broad and versatile. It encourages creativity and problem solving, because there are so many different ways to get to the same result. Everyone has a different work style and Photoshop allows you to experiment and develop your own unique approach.

Pros

This is the first software from Adobe suit that I have learnt to use. I was a child when I decided to learn it, and all these years later I use it in my daily work life. My favourite features are how versatile this program is and the users range from amateur photographers to professional creative directors. It also works seamlessly with other Adobe programs like InDesign and Illustrator. I honestly cannot imagine my everyday work without Photoshop.

Cons

I like how they keep implementing updates and trying to improve the program, but a lot of times these updates change the old feature or replace it with something new. For example, recently "Export As" options were changed and the user can no longer manually adjust the percentage of quality to choose from. Now they included only a couple of options that go from "poor to excellent" quality. I think this is a step back as instead of having the options to choose from literally a hundred, it is now about 7.

Cheryl C.

The professional choice for photo editing and creative design.

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

I've used Photoshop for more than 25 years and I absolutely love it. Yes, there's a learning curve to using it, but learning how to use it is well worth the time. I not only recommend it - I say it's a requirement for anyone wanting to seriously pursue graphics and other creative occupations.

Pros

Photoshop is a playground for anyone with a creative mind - visual artists, designers, photographers, video production/creatives, animators, etc. I've used Photoshop since 1995 (yeah-back in the dinosaur days of computers & software) so I've seen it grow and change through the years. Today the program's functionality and features are phenomenal and make the process of creating as exciting as seeing the final product. Whether you're simply changing the resolution and color mode of a photo for a print project, compositing images, enhancing photographs, animating, or whatever else you're doing, you can count on Photoshop to have the tools and features you need. I always tell new graphics professionals and illustrators that if you can only afford one digital program to start with - get Photoshop first then add on Illustrator and In-Design as soon as you can because Photoshop can provide a lot of bang for the buck!

Cons

Sadly, Photoshop is a bit expensive and it takes a lot of computer memory and power to operate. But, anyone who is serious about good design, art, etc. will understand this and likely find a way to incorporate the program into their toolbox!

Alvaro P.
  • Industry: Photography

With a little help from my friends

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Great overall experience. Get most of my tasks done in an efficient manner. Working with raw files can be a drag as I have to convert some raw files to DNG. I also find it a disservice to have to resort Photoshop Elements (2019) in order to organize my image files. Before editing a files they should be organized, therefore a tool as useful and intuitive as Photoshop elements should have been included.

Pros

Hidden surprises. What can be done with internet available scripts. The version I use is Photoshop CS6. Although I have been using this software for several years It seems I keep on learning some new tricks : like centering images by using the Marquee tool followed by selecting the Move tool : presto now I can align the image in six different predefined positions. But what really amazes me is the ability of this version of Photoshop to manipulate video Images, extract image files from the video, apply filters to resulting layers, and then transform the layers into files. And then these image files can be used in a video editor to your imagination’s delight.

Cons

Steep learning curve. But I have managed to find what I need by consulting the internet. The biggest challenge in searching the internet is finding the keywords for what you want to achieve with your particular software. Now why would I be looking on the internet for instructions for Photoshop CS6, instead of looking up the Manual that comes with CS6. My assessment would have to be that I rarely found what I was looking for in the manual. With the manual you have to connect too many dots, whereas with the internet search you often find step by step instructions to achieve a particular task. Also on the down size is that this version of Photoshop is the last one with a permanent license. The subsequent versions are yearly licenses. And that is a big deal!