Bitdefender GravityZone

Security & risk analytics platform with threat intelligence

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Brandon B.

great tool

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

In today's world cyber security is always top on a companies mind. Being a tool that covers many angles helps me show the value in the tool at renewal time.

Pros

The ability to setup different policies and have them applied to different users, As we all know the C level usually dont appreciate the barriers some products make mandatory, I can make that choice and add some as quiet features for them instead of having a pop up hassle them. Also the broad scope Bitdefender covers as well as being known as one of the best.

Cons

Very little would I fine tune but recently they came out with a risk assessment module and instead of making me call a sales person for the patch management solution a simple cost associated with it when I click on it would be nice

Kaspersky Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

License Management was the biggest factor at the time.

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

License Management
Walter P.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

One of the best antivirus, antimalware, products in the market

Reviewed on 12/12/2020

One of the few software products that actually work, and work well in the background without constant interruptions, or requiring constant attention. The scanning of a complete system can be done very quickly and unobtrusively. Warnings appear only when there is an actual potential problem, otherwise the software works very well and very effectively. We just wish that all software programs worked in a similar fashion.

Pros

Very easy to install and use. Non intrusive unless there is an issue. The price is very reasonable and support is always available.

Cons

Compared to other anti-virus and anti-software programs, this one does not appear to have any problems or flaws that would detract from its use.

Don B.

Best antivirus protection

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

The problem that Bitdefender solves is that I don't worry about intrusions and infections. I still need to keep on my colleagues about email phishing (no package can prevent social engineered attacks) but as far as website and file downloads, I feel secure and protected. Peace of mind is worth the price and more.

Pros

Best rated antivirus and is light on computer resources. Too many of the best known antivirus packages are resource hogs that slow down your system. Bit defender is light weight and still able to provide top-rated protection. It also has a suite of add-ons like VPN, ransomware protection and payment protection. Highly recommended!

Cons

The license covers 3 computers. The process to install it on multiple systems is a bit clunky but not impossible to use.

James L.
  • Industry: Publishing

A Good Small Business Antivirus Solution

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

It's a solid and well priced antivirus for a small business. It includes a special ransomware "vaccine" which gives me a bit of peace of mind as ransomware is the new boogey man in the cyber security world. Their support reply promptly and I've never had trouble getting a hold of them. You really have to keep after it and do an audit once a month to make sure there aren't any duplicate instances and that all computers have checked in, but aside from that it's set and forget.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and install, and the admin interface is fairly straight forward. They support MFA out of the box and that's essential for an antivirus software. I also appreciate the ability to organize the computers into sub folders that represent my organizations structure. You can apply security policies by folder grouping and this makes it easy to target more exposed groups like customer service or traveling employees with more aggressive security policies. Finally, reports and notifications can be set up to be sent by email which is essential for when infections occur.

Cons

The client tends to get confused somewhat frequently. If an employee travels and connects to many different networks the admin console will sometimes show duplicates of that same client and thusly take up 2 licenses. These clones are easy enough to delete, but it's still annoying.

The scanning tools are fine for routine scans, but for customer scans you must specify a target on the system. For OS X this is often the root directory for me, and for Windows it's %Win_Dir%. I'd prefer just a "scan the whole machine" checkbox rather than playing around with this. Especially considering I usually do a custom scan when something is going wrong.

Each separate admin has their own separate "console" and they have to set it up on their own. This is frustrating when you have more than one admin and each one has to customize and set up their own reports, dashboards, etc. It's also confusing that each admin only sees their own tasks. I can't see what my colleague has issued for scans recently and so I might scan or update the same machine twice for no reason. Generally, being able to see what work a colleague has done, especially in addressing a crisis, is very helpful.

They have a patch management "plugin", but it's strictly for Windows. I have a dual OS environment so I am forced to look elsewhere and would prefer a singular endpoint management solution that encompasses patch management and antivirus.

Szilard S.
  • Industry: Design

the best antivirus

Reviewed on 04/01/2020

Pros

I read a lot about the best virus writer in the world. I've been looking at tests and been using this virus scanner for 2 years! First I used a smaller paid package, and I was very satisfied with it. I just switched. I'm using Total Security. I really like that they have already thought of everything in this product. Webcam, microphone protection! Secure passwords. I would never replace this virus writer! Because it offers more than other products. Check my computer daily! Completely scan once a week for details! The network is protected by a firewall!

Cons

I use a number of free accessories, but I feel that the makers do not place much emphasis on these products. Eg Home Scenner. I would work on these to be perfect.

Çağrı E.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great Virus Protection Software With Low Price

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

My overall experience with this program is pretty good.We started to use Bitdefender 2 years ago.I had some suspicous regarding implementation adn protection of crical files.But all is göne.Program offering good performance in protection of your computer from virused and malwares without loosing any performance lost

Pros

I like most regarding Bitdefender is user interace.It is really easy. the software providing detailed report after virüs scan. You are recognizing your system is being protected after you review detail report. The secong thing the softawere is avaialble for MaC OS software. .Customer survice is also great.Once I had problem I drop an -email to them and I got quick reply and problem is soved.

Cons

After first set up the program,scanning may take too much time.This is the only thing disturbs me

Gihan N.
  • Industry: Banking

Bitdefender - Best Security

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

Overall this is good solution for personal / home use. if you are planning to install inside a corporate environment, you will face some difficulties while configuring the application because you have to do big application whitelisting process, because the Bitdefender application monitoring process is very advanced.

Pros

As a home user I mostly like the detection engine of the virous guard, it detects all threats before they active and also this is not a very heavy virous guard. as a personal user all the features are in Bitdefender is very helpful to me for protect my computer from various kind of attacks. the firewall, email threat protection and application monitoring is very advanced.

Cons

As a home user The installation process is bit difficult, first have to install it as a trial version and then you have to login to the app using registered account, and you have to add license to the web portal, It's bit difficult.

Kevin B.

Great comprehensive security suite for the price

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Provides additional peace of mind by allowing me to secure multiple devices. You still have to use common sense when it comes to protecting information but this helps

Pros

In my industry, I deal with sensitive information and security is of the utmost importance. Bitdefender allows me to secure the multiple devices I use to run my business. It's VPN allows me to use my work laptop away from home. The price is fair for what you get. It also comes in handy when you misplace your phone or laptop as you can use it to locate and lock your device, or worst case scenario even wipe your laptop clean if it was stolen

Cons

I wish the base version came with unlimited vpn. other than that there isn't anything I don't like about it

Ian S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Confident in its abilities

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Our company has installed bitdefender for some of our customers, its is very east to manage and the billing process is very straightforward particularly as you just bill for computers with it installed rather than worrying about what contract you're on

Pros

Bitdefender has a good reputation for discovering viruses that other AV software misses
Often use it to help clean up an infected machine alongside other AV software
Easy to manage and easy to bill

Cons

Caused problems on a Windows 2003 Server making it blue screen when trying to copy files to it over the network

Maria W.

Bitdefender makes me feel confident

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

It's been nothing but sunshine and lollipops with Bitdefender. Truly, it is comforting to know that my devices are protected from hacks, malware and ransom. It's a great product.

Pros

Bitdefender is easy to use, it automatically updates its virus library, has pop up notices when a suspicious event has been deterred.

Cons

There isn't anything I can think of that I dislike about it. Perhaps if it were free?? Just kidding. Of course there is always room for improvement with any product, but Bitdefender is nailing this.

Jorge M.

Cheap and keeps you virus free

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Pros

I loved that you can always get a good deal for a one-year subscription to get three computers safe and sound. I like that it is not constantly bugging you with a million reminders and notifications.

Cons

I wish it was more thorough at explaining all of its functions. Once it is installed, it runs well. However, I wish I understood better how the VPN secure or Safepay actually works. The notifications pop-up, but I dont feel safe enabling something right as you are making a payment or joining a network. So, a simple walkthrough would make a big difference

Andre L.

Full business antivirus

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

With BITDefender I managed to minimize the amount of problems with the operating system and data loss, either by viruses or invasions.

Pros

With a very wide range of control and analysis tools, it is possible to manage websites, accesses, devices and many others.

Cons

Not necessarily a problem, but the access menu could be simpler, or allow you to use something like bookmarks.

Colin W.

Great product for any business. Keeps me secure from any malware.

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

Great software for any customer. Strongly recommend for businesses.

Pros

Very easy to set up and manage. Product can be updated on any devices under the account and can be done remotely which is very convenient for remote employees.

Cons

It's a little costly but is comparable to the competition. The software has a lot of updates which can be frustrating for some.

Rex S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great Value!

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

No cons, Bitdefender integrates with just about any need. Systems do not get bogged down with processes running in the background taking up memory and resources. Recommend for a low cost effective solution for security

Pros

The simple integration for a network was key, and remote monitoring and alerts. Cost was low enough to use on each workstation. Remote app is great to get alerts and warnings.

Cons

Active monitoring can be tricky to get the settings right. But its more in learning how the software works.

James Y.

BitDefender is affordable, but can be frustrating to manage in the enterprise.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Pros

BitDefender does its thing silently, in the background, and does a good job with active threat prevention features. When it works, it works well.

Cons

It can be very difficult to manage. When the software upgrades itself, it prompts for reboots. Sometimes, these reboots are multiples and can result in downtime for servers. I believe BitDefender is a fine solution for workstations, but servers can't have this type of issue consistently. BitDefender's support team has been, effectively useless. They're slow to respond, tend to blame their issues on non-factors, and just leave a bad taste in the mouth of an enterprise admin.

Jeremy O.

Good Product...some assembly required

Reviewed on 17/05/2017

Pros

The support for this product is amazing, and there are lots of support options online. The user groups are responsive, and the software is relatively easy to manage.

Cons

This software requires a 45 degree learning curve, if you are in any way familiar with other AntiVirus solutions.

Jason Z.

Good well rounded product

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

I Have to admit in still not entirely sold on Cloud based products, but this one is good, reliable, easy to use, and decently thought out. Is it perfect? Nothing really is, and its got some minor things, like the site layout takes some getting used to. However, in 2 years of use, ive only had to rely on support once, and have never needed to consult Help or FAQ. you can go base protection on the software per station or server, or you can nail it down hard.

Pros

Solid reliable agent protection, and customization. good live reporting. several different modes of operation from basic security to hard lock down protection. good customer support resources.

Cons

The website is laid out in a funny way, but nothing obnoxious. you have to hunt through some pages to find things, but again, nothing obnoxious.

Marianne W.

Barely even know it’s there

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

We have employees in several different locations, including internationally, so we need to be very careful about information security. This software gives me peace of mind that our information is secure.

Pros

I like that this antivirus program is not intrusive. I barely even notice it’s running because it doesn’t bother me all the time with pop-ups.

Cons

In the beginning, it took some time to get it switched from my old computer to my new one.

• Industry: Banking

Bitdefender best antivirus solution

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Perfect antivirus, anti-spam and firewall solution.

Pros

Quick scan. Easy to administrate. Perfect for enterprise wide implementation.

Cons

Too more resources use. Nothing else. Everything work perfect

Emily F.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great Product for the Price

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

We haven't had any issues with our devices and Bitdefender has done a great job of protecting them.

Pros

Excellent endpoint protection, good quality for the price point. Company is easy to work with and helpful.

Cons

The portal can be somewhat confusing when new and if you have no experience.

Demetrios K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used for 1-5 months

Worst experience ever.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Overall it was the worst experience with any software company, it was nothing but problems from the people representing this company; needless to say I ended up having to replace my computer because I was locked out of the first one, and the technician never repaired the first one I originally ordered the custom installation for.

Pros

None really; I had a terrible experience that nearly shut my business down.

Cons

I paid for the custom version which was supposed to mold to my system based on the heavy use of my computer for business. Two days later the person who was supposed to perform the custom installation deleted a lot of the standard programs that came with Windows 7 Business, altered the H Key code in the lines for the mouse and keyboard. I was unable to log back in after he remotely shut down my computer. I ended up calling customer support through my smartphone where I accessed the number through the confirmation email they sent me. The lady wasn't understanding what I was telling her, put me on hold for over a half an hour, and had me repeat things over and over and over again. She decided to send out a technician to do a uninstall and reinstall, which she repeated over and over and over again. I had to wait three days for the technician to come out, and told me you only need a new mouse and keyboard, I spent even more money and nothing really was solved. All of this just to replace an already brand new computer:-( The take away from all of this is you should never trust their claims of being the most awarded anti virus software, " buyer beware".

Admin

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Works great

Pros

It's pretty cheap and can be used on multiple computers

Cons

It's a tad confusing on about how to link all computers to one account

Elymaria O.

This antivirus is one of the best I've used.

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

Pros

I have been using it for quite some time in the office of my work, I started using it on my personal computer and the truth is that it is excellent, it keeps me 100% protected.

Cons

This antivirus has an excellent protection, I guarantee protection of all mobile devices that I use, I do not worry about the pages I use on the web because it has a great function for that.

Scott J.

Earned my trust

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

it's kept her computer clean.

Pros

It found malware on my wife's Mac that other popular apps failed to find. Her Mac picked up some questionable malware from email. It wasn't until I tried Bit Defender that the bad guys were found and removed.

Cons

There were some apparent false positives. I'd prefer the minor inconvenience of these over the opposite - false negatives.

Hridya P.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used for 6-12 months

Review for bitdefender

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Bitdefender is a good antivirus software for both system and network protection.

Pros

Bitdefender installing and purchase is online so it is very easy. I purchased it through amazon for 3 year protection. I also installed VPN setup and it also works good.

Cons

Updating process is a little difficult. After installing Bitdefender my laptop become slower.