Maximizer CRM

Write a Review!
Find the right plan to help you get growing.

3.8/5

Kevin
Kevin

Maximizer

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

I am very please with the software. I had a chance a few months back to change CRM's and I actually made that decision to change but after using the other CRM I cancel and went back to Maximizer. So much easier to use.

Pros

I like the interface of the Maximizer software make it very easy to sort and find specific clients. I use the Hot-list section on a daily basis and it again makes it very easy to find the clients you need to contact on a specific day..

Cons

Some of there add on or third party software partner do not always work properly or I should say work without a lot of effort to get them to work.

Brian

Long Time Maximizer User

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

I have looked at many different programs but Maximizer keeps winning the discussion for continued use. I have been using the program for 30 years now.

Pros

The easy interface is very intuitive and the integration with Microsoft Word and Outlookis flawless.

Cons

I wish that Maximizer had a better interface to use Outlook directly from the program

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

Maximizer is way easier to integrate into a daily routine. It does everything I need to keep up to date information on my clients.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Brian,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review and being a Maximizer customer for the last 30 years.

At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better, and we have several new updates and features coming up soon.

Looking forward to continuing to work with you for many more years!

Maximizer Team

Sam
  • Industry: Insurance

Difficult to set-up, pay as you go support, pieced together from other CRM's

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

If you are not a savvy database programer or don't have a staff member that is, then you will likely find this CRM to be very difficult to use and customize to your practice. The cost keeps increasing and once you have been using the system, the company knows they have you on the hook and will keep the price increases rolling your way. Using this is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Pros

Online access from anywhere.
Dashboard provides a good overview of your business.
Wealth edition has some customization to the financial industry.

Cons

The way it is sold and supported is not CUSTOMER friendly. The resellers charge for everything and don't want to teach you how to be independent of them. They would rather do it for you without educating you. Pretty expensive.
The webinar support is inadequate, they won't answer some questions and tell you that they have people you can pay to get that done. We should be able to learn it ourselves.
You will have to buy a second access for your Administrative Support person, which is not the case with all competitor products and seems like a cash grab.
Subscription is paid annually not monthly, so if you don't like it you are out a big chunk of money.
Will not separate out billing for multiple advisors in a firm.

Cody
  • Industry: Food Production

Easy To Customize

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

We didn't have any 'issues' per se, but Maximizer is just a much better platform and is way easier to manage and populate.

Pros

The fact that is so easy to customize and train people on, is great.

Cons

It could be better set up to hold sales data and display it to the user. Also the fact that the Last Name is required doesn't fit with our needs and is a bit of a pain.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Cody,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and welcome back to Maximizer — we really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve.

We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Vanessa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Maximizer is easy to use

Reviewed on 01/02/2022

Easy to use when you want to use it. Great way to create lists using filters so you can then create targeted emails.

Pros

I love that I can see the history of emails, phone calls, etc between a team member and a customer and pick up where they may have left off at in the sales funnel. I also like that I can save the details of their purchase and quickly refer to it when they call with a service issue.

Cons

The cost for this program is large for a small company of only 3 people. Some members do not feel it is worth the money and they do not use it to its full potential. They come from companies that used Sales force and want to continue with that program so trying to teach them this program has been tedious.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

My last business partner used Maximizer and carried it over with him. I fell in love with it.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Wouldn't Have A Growing Business Without It

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

I believe the business is better protected. We are more effecient. We have a small team and any one of us can take a phone call from a client and within seconds understand any history to do with a client issue. It might be something very simple or complex but because I can call up notes from others on the team and access all emails between us and the client and our back office it saves a tremendous amount of time. I think it also gives the client confidence that we know what we are doing because they don't have to explain an issue all over again

Pros

It is incredibly flexible. Basic programming that comes out of the box is more than what you need because it anticipates that not all advisors operate the same way. We have used it to save ourselves hours of work and redesigned how it works with us rather than us redesigning how we work. Saving of all emails under client file along with relevant notes. Easy tracking of client service work as well as understanding staff workload issues.

Cons

Like any CRM it takes time to learn and create new work habits yes you should throw away the paper notes. Regulators expectations are moving the bar upwards. Love to see a system map starting with a contact. How do each of the tabs relate to different functions. Because of its rich customizable capabilities it can be overwhelming even for your help desk.

Good Overall Solution

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Maximizer helps me simplify organizing my calendar and appointments, makes following up on tasks almost automatic, keeps all my contact info, notes, address updates and all I need to know in one easy to get to place - regardless of where I am. I find working remotely much easier using Maximizer. My staff loves it because they have instant access to all my client notes to help them in their jobs.

Pros

Maximizer has everything I require to easily organize my client relationships without being cluttered up with features I don't need. It is simple, intuitive and easy to use from the beginning and the training modules are great.

Cons

The contact list search engine is awkward - it only flashes the list starting with the first 3 letters, then it disappears and you have to type in the whole name . . .

The embedded template feature is gone and is now attached to MSWord - which is an awkward connection.

Because I have secure/encrypted email with my company, with severe firewalls - Maximizer cannot link to my corporate outlook email - this is not a significant problem and I would rather have the added protection than the convenience. I can still easily save all email communication through Outlook to Maximizer.

Ralph
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Long time stand alone user

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

I am a one man show and have been using several versions of Maximizer since the late 90's. For me, it was best when it was just on a local drive and did not have to be connected to the cloud. I don't need most of the latest features that keep getting added.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ease and speed of recalling a contact name and all of the past jobs history when searching a first or second name. I store all notes and contact information which is great for reviewing many years later as an anecdote reminder when my path crosses with an old contact again.

Cons

Since Version 10 which suited my needs, Maximizer has gone to the cloud which is dead slow at times and crashes 2-3 times per session requiring me to log out, then log back in. Too many feature creepers have been added that I don't need, don't want, and they have just slowed the system down at times to a crawl. Having to "renew" a license every couple of years to be able to continue using it is a pain for someone like me who has built a huge data base so am committed to have to stay.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

not much guidance

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

not great, lots of money upfront, terrible initial integration with moving minimal data over from outlook and our HO dataphile, not customized support

Pros

my tech guy (that i had to pay) had more success than i did with them.

Cons

I am a busy professional (CPA, CA) in the business for almost 25 years and used Janna and Act in the past and found Maximizer not well suited for me to get up and running. It was not easy to train and to have the conversion do what you want, eg. mass emails, electronic birthday cards, easy team access to pdf attachments, we had to do too much customization given we bought the financial advisor version

Kimberly (Parsons)
Kimberly (Parsons)
  • Industry: Insurance

Maximizer

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

Overall, it’s good just frustrating at times.

Overall, it’s good just frustrating at times.

Pros

Organization of clients and accounts. It’s great to separate accounts and see what’s currently being worked on.

Cons

It’s slow, I’m always waiting. It needs to update its speed.

Sofia
  • Industry: Research

Robust for a Call sheet

Reviewed on 25/08/2019

Not great. We had to navigate several levels of customer service and received really high quotes to finally figure out that our old database that lived in an old license of Maximizer wasn’t compatible or transferable to the new.

Pros

Great to manage a robust database of contacts and profiles. Customizable user defined fields are particularly useful.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, and the current version is 100% incompatible with older licenses (such as desktop versions) which are islands. So transferring an old database to the new version was virtually impossible.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for submitting your review. I wanted to let you know that our app is under constant upgrades for improvement and we have some amazing things coming down the line!

Thanks again!

Terry

WOW! Just get Maximizer! Don't wait!!!

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

This should say it all again. I said this earlier in the review. I have been legally blind since birth. I have used Maximizer for "30-years!" That should say it all.

Pros

I really like its easy of use. My favorite feature is the Customer Service module. I also like the "Related Entries" option very much. You can't ask for a better product. I'd also like to mention the fantastic technical support team. What a great bunch of people. Lastly, to show you how much I have liked the program, I'll pass on the following. I have used Maximizer for "30-years!" That should say it all.

Cons

Frankly, I don't have any "cons." That is the truth!!!

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Terry,

Thank you for being a customer with us for 30 years! We take great pride in our customer service and we're delighted to hear about your positive experience with our support team.

We're constantly evolving our product to serve our customers better and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy the "Related Entries" feature.

Looking forward to continuing to serve you and you organization for many more years.

Peter

Perspective from an almost retired user

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Pros

The support during the transition from another CRM was exceptional. The training videos and online webinar have been most helpful in the early days of being a user. Office app integration for the most part have been trouble free.

Cons

The interface with the dealer's system (IPC) was way too slow to be of any practical use. It hung up way too often and after 3 minutes of watching the circle of doom, I used to retrieve the pertinent data directly from the manufacturer's website. A highly desirable feature that motivated me to sign up in the first place ended up being a costly proposition that added no value.

JOE

Always breaking down; constant problems and issues

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Really tremendously disappointing. Little problems tend to be solved within 3 days but problems come monthly and there are constant problems and issues. Bigger problems have never been solved. Functionality sounds great but doesn't work in reality. I am stuck though so I have to keep fighting with them for repairs.

Pros

If it worked in reality there are some great potential management features - however it constantly breaks down - something as simple as recording birthdates creates ridiculous and tremendous issues. It just doesn't work well - I don't recommend it - once you are over to it you are stuck and although I have requested constant repair to some of the bigger issues nothing has been done.

Cons

At this stage it is just an expensive contact manger and note taking system - not much else works... Right now the system functionality is again down for me and it won't sync with my calendars that do work correctly like Calendly...

Paulina

Maximizer Review

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

We are able to identify opportunities and keep it at the forefront with this software. All the information we need is at our fingertips on the go.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to use. We have been using this software since the 1990s. We left for a short period to try something new and quickly realized that Maximizer was better than any other product out there, so we switched back. We don't use all the feature however we learn new ones all the time and try to adopt them one by one. We are able to store all information for each every client, make notes, create documents, send email and assign tasks so our service does not fall through any cracks. It real is a great CRM tool

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if I am at a computer that is not used by me. I can't find what web address I need to login. I have to remember to email the website to myself before I leave the office

Doug
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Longterm Maximizer Client

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

Started with DOS versions (1987), and have upgraded, and utilized this program every year!

Pros

I certainly can manage a few clients, however for enough suspects/customers to be successful, having a Customer Management System (Maximizer CRM) gives me a means to succeed.

Cons

Annual subscription vs previous versions (DOS and Windows) which I could purchase and use until I wanted to upgrade to the new version

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Doug,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Star review! We're delighted to hear that Maximizer has made a positive impact on your business. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process!

ginette

Long time customer -Book Wholesaler-Store and Publisher (Indigenous)

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

One stop shop for sharing information in the office including an appointment calendar, notes and a company library.

Pros

I have been working with Maximizer for over 8 years. Since then, Maximizer has evolved and I can now update records and email from anywhere and anytime from my laptop, tablet or cell phone. Lists can be imported and exported in Excel. Maximizer offers webinar training, customer support and a user guide.
Maximizer provides templates for building email campaigns.

Cons

A wish list-A more user friendly campaign builder for large communication marketing via emails which creates records of clientele who visit promotional material sent to them, unsubscribe, email bounce. Maximizer has synchronized our records with Mailchimp but there is an additional cost for Mailchimp for maintaining the list of subscribers.

Kelly
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Max is great!

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Since we have been a user of this product for MANY years, I think that speaks for itself. :)

Pros

Ease of morphing to our needs to keep us in the know about our daily routine, as well as the ability to source our data.

Cons

Inability to change color scheme, with that being such an easy remedy, wish that was a priority for Max.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Kelly,

We're delighted to hear that our customizable features have made it easy to adapt to your daily routine and we're also so pleased that you've been a customer for many years. We'd love to hear more about your experience and share your story with our community. Please reach out to us at [email protected].

Ray
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Maximizer 12 Milks Your Cash Away

Reviewed on 09/10/2017

Don't buy Maximizer products unless you have an IT department internally that is at your beck and call. I am/was a 20 year user at multiple small companies only to be left paying fees every time a Windows operating system change or upgrade was made. Good from afar, but far from good! I will summarize my experience as a "Classic Bait & Switch" business model. Beware.

Pros

Good looking GUI, after you train yourself thoroughly it becomes a decent contact database, and they have a really convincing sales pitch.

Cons

After the sale, the glow fades quickly. Any support is costly in either your time, loss of functionality, or the fees and charges needed to solve issues. You need to expect to explain your issues repeatedly and pay out of pocket for any help. Software regularly has failures that cannot be corrected by the average user.

Wendy

Maximizer is a great CRM and helps to pay for itself in time management and efficiency

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

VERY robust program with great capabilities. Maximizes efficiency in the office allowing the whole team to stay up to date on all clients, no matter who deals with them each interaction.

Pros

Activities tracker as well as being able to create customizable Activity plans for each client

Cons

There can be issues when importing data from other sources and the client information gets mixed up

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. Looking forward to continuing to serve you!

Maximizer Team

Sofia
  • Industry: Entertainment

Problematic for old licenses, but the new portal is great

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

It's great. We have a lot of information to track and maintain, many many contacts, and we love using Maximizer.

Pros

It's great! It's always easy to log in, simple to navigate, customizable... Love it!

Cons

We had an old license prior to cloud computing, with a previous version of Maximizer that was installed into a PC. When we had to migrate to the could version, we were frequently told by Maximizer customer service that migration wouldn't work and we would need to be charged $500+ for migration services (manual entry). Eventually they figured out a way to do it for us, but it took around 6-8 months of insisting. Once on the new cloud portal, everything works great.

Bill

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

I enjoy how it is easy to use and navigate. You are able to specify and tailor everything to your customized needs. You are able to select what you want viable and what you want to be implemented. There is also easy to use the filing system that allows the reduction of paper files. There is a learning curve involved when you first start using it but once you work past that it is easy to use and figure out new features. I would recommend this product for small to medium size companies. They also have great customer support if you ever have any problems or questions, they will also assist you in tailoring the program to your company's needs. There are training videos available to assist in the learning process that I found extremely helpful when starting to use Maximizer CRM live.

Pros

Cons

xxxx

john
  • Industry: Government Administration

Veterans First

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

Pros

It keeps everything in line for our staff so we are seeing live updates all together

Cons

There are too many steps to complete certain tasks.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi John,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience with us!

There are many ways to customize your process in Maximizer. Please do reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help you streamline certain tasks. Please visit https://www.maximizer.com/support/ to speak to one of our support team members.

Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive!

The Maximizer Team\

Robert
  • Industry: Printing

Maximizer makes data handy.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Maximizer has helped me maintain regular contact with quality customers and recognize opportunity with new potential clients.

Pros

Our database of customer information does not translate well to laptop and mobile device use, so Maximizer is the best way to keep up to date. Finding customer listings and adding notes, leads and details specific to each is easy and thorough.
The process also prompts the user to follow up and make use of the wealth of capability in the software.

Cons

Manipulating the various types of lists and producing reports is sometimes not as intuitive as one would like.

Frank

I’ve been using Maximizer for over six years and it’s my whole world I work on an on the daily...

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Maximizer is a tool that can really build your business and my experience has been 10+

Pros

I’ve been using Maximizer for over six years and it’s my whole world I work online on a daily hourly basis and the best tool I’ve ever use far is working with clients

Cons

It’s a little tough learning the program once you learned it open up the world of possibilities

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience with us! Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive!