Corner Bowl Server Manager Reviews

Corner Bowl Server Manager

On-Premise Server Management and Compliance Software Tool.

4.9/5

Asaf
Asaf

Reliable & Efficient

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Excellent High Tier software.
Does exactly what we need and more.
Allows reliable log and SIEM...

Excellent High Tier software.
Does exactly what we need and more.
Allows reliable log and SIEM monitoring for security and compliance with custom options including retention.
Feature requests are taken into consideration most of the time.
Support is outstanding.

Pros

Installation and setup was very fast.
It's very reliable and runs smoothly on the server.
Support team is super responsive, attentive and extremely professional.
The first setup is easy with excellent guidance from the team over the phone and/or remote support.
UI is very easy to navigate after a short period of time.

Cons

Missing custom range filtering by date for logs.

ManageEngine ADAudit Plus

Reasons for Choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

The previous product we tried was too heavy on our system and consumed high cpu and memory.

Reasons for Switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks so much for the great review. To view data in a custom range create a report then when configuring the report specify the custom date range to include in the report from the Date Range tab.

Nathan
  • Industry: Farming

Best Value in Monitoring & Log Managment

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

I have only scratched the surface of what I can do with this software. While initially looking for a low-cost replacement for our previous tool that was primarily used for AD user account monitoring (e.g., new accounts created, privilege escalation, etc.) and some basic auditing of activity on network shares, I found this tool that can do those things and so much more. It can do everything from basic alerts on server free disk space to helping discover & troubleshoot network issues using the syslog server and everything in-between and beyond. The documentation is thorough and accurate. There are also numerous YouTube videos available to help get things configured. The developer's passion for this software is evident, as he's eager to assist with any issues. I look forward to finding more ways to expand my company's usage of CBSM.

Pros

The flexibility and extensibility of this software is amazing. The ability to easily monitor and receive alerts on so many diverse machines (basically anything that produces any type of a log - even text files in the filesystem) through one tool makes this a great fit for SMBs, but it's also evident that it can scale to enterprise infrastructure as well.

Cons

It takes a little time to get a firm understanding of how the software works. Although you can get it installed and monitoring/collecting logs from a single server in ~10 minutes, you will want to spend some time learning how to properly configure your database to suit your environment and how to customize your templates. The documentation and tutorials on the website cover all of this and more.

Netwrix Auditor

Reasons for Choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

A 30% cost increase for annual renewal had me looking for alternative solutions. I recalled Corner Bowl from one of my previous employers. The cost is a fraction of the competition, and it can do so much more.

Reasons for Switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Cost, ease of use, flexibility, support

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the detailed review, Nathan. As always, please let us know if there is any functionality you would like to see added to the software.

Karim

Great SIEM / Monitoring / Log collection / Alerting solution

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Pros

It's an all-in-one solution! Cornerbowl provides supports us with Regulatory and Alerting.

Cons

Currently testing with SQLlite. There is a possibility that we may have to move to MS SQL, which we'll need a license for.

Reasons for Switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Cornerbowl met our company requirements and was financially attractive in comparison to other solutions

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Karmin, thanks for the great review. We just discovered the issue with Sqlite throwing database lock issues and have released a fix! Sqlite cannot process multiple transactions from different threads.

Randy
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Fair product that needs refinement

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

It seems to provide some alerting, but setup is difficult.

It seems to provide some alerting, but setup is difficult.

Pros

General log monitoring. Product pricing was good.

Cons

The interface is not intuitive. Searching is difficult. Support is non-existent.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

I am so sorry to hear you say support is non-existent. I just checked our support email history for the last two years and I do not have a single request from anyone at your organization for support. For others reading, the number on complement we receive is our excellent support. We offer email and phone support M-F 8-6 Mountain Time. We do not outsource our support.

If you are using the latest version, searching has been greatly enhanced. If you are unable to search the logs please contact us and we can do a remote session to help resolve any issues you might have.

Ansan
  • Industry: Banking

CornerBowl is very simple and friendly tool for SIEM and FIM solution.Highly recommended

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

CornerBowl is very simple and friendly tool for SIEM and FIM solution. Once you are familiar with tools very simple to use.

Pros

CornerBowl is very simple and friendly tool for SIEM and FIM solution

Cons

some tabs little confusing.But once get familiar with it. then easy to use.

CornerBowl is very simple and friendly tool for SIEM and FIM solution

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Ansan, thanks for the great review. If you have any idea's how to make some of the tabs less confusing, please let us know and we can look into making some usability changes.

Knut Kristan
  • Industry: Publishing

A *perfect* but not only real-time eventlog monitoring tool

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

We use this tool the the maximum. We had about let´s say 100 hours to understand completey the architecture and possibilities provided. This tool can be as complex as the questions you want to drill down with. It can analyse the most complex situations - but *then* you need the know-how (or just let you help). As we want to develop this tool ourselves, it was not a kind of "make it work for us and finish". It was like a "program these functions missing also into it", so that it gets even more capable. We are under permanent development as there are new alerts to be made visible with nearly every month. Different behaviour in NTLM, Kerberos, LDAPS, ... ... ... gives us the need to find legacy systems running into problems.

Pros

We were analysing the capabilities of a dozen other produts. Nearly none of them is as capable as this. One competitor we used the last 15 years was quite good. But they decided not to follow the path into the cloud. With corner bowl our Azure AD audit-logs, sign-ins and risk events are as easy to control as our on premises active directory events.

Cons

This software a completely modular. To an extent you would not have expected. This gives numerous options to achieve the goal. Some pathways are better, there is not a single way to built a solution. We had to find out what works best for us. And we had some redesign of the hierarchies of rules and so on we built. It is not totally easy to understand. (But that should be obvious because of the dramatic functional possibilities!)

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Knut, first, thank you for the great review. We are happy the software is monitoring your on-premise servers and Azure environment as required.
Yes, you are correct there are many ways to accomplish the same task. This can be overwhelming and confusing at times. With powerful software comes complex implementation. We will be working diligently in 2023 to include more tutorials so users can better understand the best method to implement their monitoring and audit compliance requirements.

Paul
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Simple software with a good amount of features, great price and gets the job done

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

I have been using this for the past 8-10 years (I don't remember when I first started using it) and it has been a lifesaver for me and my customers. No budget, no infrastructure, no technical experience then no problem. I didn't even read instructions when I started using it, just clicking around and looking at what the product does with the built in templates got me going.

Pros

The product is as close to plug and play as you can get for a log management software. Some built-in filters get you started and making your own is pretty simple. This software is made for small businesses and small environments. I use it for collecting logs from a few systems and applications then spit out a report for me weekly. It assist me with meeting compliance requirements without the big cost and infrastructure to make it happen. I like how it can help with other features, such as processor utilization, disk drive space and setting up a near-real-time monitor for functions (account lockout, services stopped)

Cons

If you are looking for something comparable to Splunk or Alienvault OSSIM, this is not it. This software will help you grab logs, parse through it (based on what you want it to look for) and generate a simple report for you. If you need to parse through large amounts of data (6-12 months) and correlate them with each other, it will be a little more work for you and it will take a bit more time.

Splunk Enterprise and USM Anywhere

Reasons for Switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Ease of use, functionality needed, within the budget, ease of deployment and limited infrastructure needed.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thank you very much for the reiview!

Marshall
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Pros

Preconfigured to meet JSIG and NIST compliance. Excellent customer service and support.

Cons

I would like to see more preconfigured items such as agent staying connected out the box however this is as simple as checking a box on each machine so not really a con

Reasons for Choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

Cost, ease of use, customer support, and preconfigured auditing compliance.

Reasons for Switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Cost, ease of use, customer support, and preconfigured auditing compliance.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Marshall,

Thanks for the review. If you install our latest build, new hosts are now configured to automatically stay connected. Thanks for the option request.

Manny
  • Industry: Printing

Great Product

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Great

Great

Pros

I like the ease of setting up the event log consolidation, directory size monitor, and many more I think I have to explore with this product that will be helpful in monitoring our network devices. Honestly, I am learning a lot, not just the features of this product but as a whole this product helps me improved my IT knowledge and skills.

Cons

Nothing right now. I believe the product is being developed for more features and I am looking forward to see more in the future.

SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to Corner Bowl Server Manager

Inexpensive and perfectly fits to what we currently need.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review. Please let me know what other features you would like to see.

Barry
  • Industry: Wholesale

Awesome Support

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Pros

Besides the software being able to do what we need it to do, the support when needed has always been prompt. [sensitive content hidden] is always quick to help, get on your system, fix any problems that he sees that may be from a user setup to an occasional bug. Excellent product and excellent support.

Cons

So far there is nothing that we don't like about Corner Bowl Server Manager.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review Barry.

Marc
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Great features for a reasonable price

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

We started using another tool many years ago, to collect eventlog information for SOX reporting. Although that system was supposed to have redundancy builtin, we experienced quite some downtime on several occasions so, we decided to install a second, different eventlog collection system for better redundancy and went for Cornerbowl server manager. It’s very stable and is quite low on system resources.

Pros

The rich feature set and the reporting are great at this price range.
We use another product too that is much more expensive and has less features and with poor reporting.

Cons

The rich feature set is perhaps also its weakness as it makes it a bit difficult to find things from time to time.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thank for for the great review Marc. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to find things better.

Alan
Alan
  • Industry: Insurance

Corner Bowl in a Small Company

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

With a very small IT department each member performs multiple tasks. Server Manager is great because it allows me to automate some things that I otherwise would have to manually check each day. The developer has always been very responsive to inquiries. I have used Server Manager for several years. At one point the software the was acquired by another company and I was delighted when ownership and development returned to Corner Bowl. This is a great product; definitely worth your time to try it out.

Pros

The breadth of features is great. I doubt I have scratched the surface of what can be done with Server Manager. The two main features I use are monitoring failed login attempts and monitoring Windows Service status. I use the service monitor to automatically start a service that has stopped for some reason. Server Manager will alert me to the stopped service and then also notify me when the service has been started again.

Cons

No real faults but I struggle at times with configuring different options. This is mainly due to the fact that it could be months between setting up a new monitor. By the time I think of another use for Server Manager it has been so long since I last configured something that it takes me a while to get a new monitor going. That is no fault of the software and the developer now posts how-to videos I believe so I should check those out.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks so much for the great review!

William
William
  • Industry: Automotive

The "ONLY" Monitoring Solution

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

CornerBowl allows us to leave our eyes on other issues, and it tells us when we need to look at problems. Overall, this is the "ONLY" monitoring solution you need. We have 3 instances doing very different work for us and love it.

Pros

This software had a little learning curve for me, but with the help of the development team, we were up and going in no time flat, easy to add in devices, and it just plain works. Never any production down incidents as we have had with others. The support is fantastic

Cons

Missing a couple of reporting features we would like, but overall, nothing to complain about and no problem children with Corner Bowl.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

William, thank you for the great review! If you could please let us know which features are missing from the reports we would love to add them for you.

Markus

Great product

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Easy to use. Doesnt need a fulltime technician to run it.

Easy to use. Doesnt need a fulltime technician to run it.

Pros

After ditching Microsofts scom because of its complexity. We were looking for a easy to use software with support for basic functions we wanted to monitor. Servermanager does tick all The boxes for us. Easy to use ready templates for all basic monitoring needs. Customizable for more advanced monitoring and logging.

Cons

The oldfashioned gui. The new tabs opening everytime you edit a setting is Hard to navigate.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Markus, thank you for your review. I am curious how you would like to see settings changed without opening tabs. Would like like modal dialog boxes instead or is there something else you have in mind?

Ricardo
Ricardo
  • Industry: Insurance

Smart choice for Log Management...

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

Pros

After having evaluated several choices, we decided to use corner bowl as our core log management solution, reports are easy to build and storage is easily managed through standard DB structures. Cost is a great advantage of the software

Cons

Report creation interfaces can be improved to simplify summarized results

SolarWinds Service Desk and Netwrix Auditor

Reasons for Choosing Corner Bowl Server Manager

It was the most cost-benefit efficient solution

Cost and simplicity

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thank you for the review! If you don't mind reaching out to our support team with your report creation interface suggestions we would love to get more detail so we can resolve the issue for you.

Todd

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

I have had this for years. I keep a tight ship, however there have been alerts that prompted me for further investigation, and and a result my server preventative maintenance has been above reproach.

Pros

This software allows me in one console to view and evaluate all my servers. My servers range from 20-30 servers. Microsoft Hyper-V hosts and their guest VM's. Having this many is time consuming going to each machine. I have my templates set to monitor what I need. This software even has a certificate expiration warning template. Which is great for me with On-Premise Exchange Servers.

Cons

There is so much that has been added, sometimes I get lost when trying to build a new report or trigger. But it is not terrible. I just found out there are tutorials that are listed on the website. I think the weakest link is me going to fast. Wizards I think are a thing of the past unfortunately.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Wow that's a great review. Thanks. Please let me know if there are any new features you would like to see added to the software.

Tiziano
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Corner Bowl Server Manager , to have !

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

The main purpose of this product was initially to collect and store all the events of our servers in one place. Over time we have also implemented various features such as dedicated alerts for some people interested in the activities of a particular server, as well as all the fundamental security checks in a vast and distributed network

Pros

Server Manager is really simple to use. In a short time I managed to deploy and start monitoring the first servers. I use the software every day and the alerts help me keep track, especially via email, of all the events that are critical on my network such as activities on AD, new machines on the network, RDP sessions etc

Cons

The product receives continuous updates and implementations from the parent company, the latest releases have greatly lightened the software itself to the benefit of the whole process. It is possible to really customize it thoroughly and I have not yet found something that I cannot monitor with this product.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review!

Antonio
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Fast and reliable IT monitoring application

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

Automated IT monitoring for servers, endpoints or network devices that service don't need to be restarted in months until you decide to apply free upgrades to include improvements and new features requested by clients that help to all others.

Pros

-Easy deployment that don't create a backlog on servers
-Easy to modify templates to define specific goals on monitoring parameters
-Fast notification responses
-Precise umbral to trigger real time notifications
-Easy way to integrate Databases for logging
-Group creation by test or asset type (By CPU, Hard disk, )
-Reporting and triggers actions

Cons

Nothing in particular, I don't use all features and I believe I use less than 50% of capabilities and functions.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the perfect review.

Steve

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Very easy to use at a great price with good support. Weekly reports give us a good idea of what is going on with the machines in the system and it hits all of the auditors check boxes.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. Most products are overly complex and you don't use all/any of the features, but that is not the case with Corner Bowl. Price was also very good. Support response is excellent!

Cons

Tough to get WMI work with machines that are NAT'd, sometimes requiring a local administrator account for multiple machines can be difficult.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Steve, thank you for the great review! Yes WMI can be very difficult and slow at times. The new Event Log Manager product includes an agent based solution that enables you to filter then push Windows Event Logs to the server using a proprietary binary protocol. The new software is able to push large Security Event Logs 12 times faster than with WMI.

Steve

Server Manager Great Value

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Pros

I have been using Server Manager for over 5 years. Provides great support, pretty easy to use, new features added with no additional cost, low requirements. Great way to stay on top of your critical items like services.

Cons

Every time you ask, I wish it could do this, It seems that Corner Bowl adds that feature like Certificate Monitoring.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thank you for the great review!

Syed

A great product to manage business needs

Reviewed on 17/04/2023

Pros

I would say about the email alerts integrated with multiple agents associated with various templates. Real-time alerts really help to manage business efficiently.

Cons

Sometimes, some features don't work after upgrades which is okay and the support is really awesome to get it resolved.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Syed, thanks for the great review. Sorry you have experienced some update issues. We have updated our release process to address the issues you have experienced in the past. Please let us know if there are any new features you would like to see added.

Timothy
Timothy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy, lets me know about problems before they get worse.

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Anytime I have had to contact Cornerbowl they were prompt and able to assist.

Anytime I have had to contact Cornerbowl they were prompt and able to assist.

Pros

I have used this software for many years . Basically, I get a consolidated report every morning with event log errors and warnings from all my servers. I filter out informational events and many of the "noise" events that are inconsequential. I get a separate report of login anomalies. Very helpful to keep a close eye on the pulse of the server environment.

Cons

Once you understand how to use the admin interface, it is easy to use, but it took a little effort to understand.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Timothy, Thanks for your great review!

Clinton

Prosite Review

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

I've been very happy with the software and anytime I've needed help there support has quickly helped me out. It helps me meet the PCI Requirements I need to fulfill monitoring my servers.

Pros

Server Manager is an inexpensive, easy way to pull back the logs from my servers that are in multiple locations to store them for PCI compliance. Being able to filter and email certain information is a big help administering my servers.

Cons

About the only Con I have is that sometime it can be a little difficult to set up a filter, especially when you are only making changes every now and then.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Clinton thanks for the great review! Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the filter configuration process?

Mansoor

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

Pros

The software is very good and quick to alert us if they are any issues.

Cons

I do not think there is anything we least like about the software

Kiwi Syslog Server

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review Manoor!

Charles
  • Industry: Government Administration

Easy and affordable excellent reporting and retention.

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

I've been using this for about 10 years and have never regretted the decision.

I've been using this for about 10 years and have never regretted the decision.

Pros

Customer support is super. Very responsive always extra information.

Cons

Can't think of any downside to the product, they do their best to keep things up to date and running smooth.

Response from Corner Bowl Software

Thanks for the great review. Please let us know if there are any new features you would like to see added.