Tungsten Power PDF Reviews

4.1/5

229 Reviews for UK Users

Daniel
Daniel

So many functions for so little money

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

As described already, this PDF program brings so much benefits for such a small amout of money. You can also buy a volume license instead, so you can roll it out on your terminal server, that all users can use the power of it.

Pros

First of all and that is a huge one on this >> the price!!! This costs nearly only 30% from an Acrobat Pro Version and has all almost all features you'll need for your business.
You got a piece of paper which looks like a fill out form and you like to have this one as a PDF formular >> you will have it by only clicking 1 button.
KOFAX Power PDF will analyse the document on it's own and creates a fill out form automatically.
You need to convert your PDF into Word, Excel or other formats >> you are ready to go.
You can also add "hotfolders" into Power PDF, to optimise your workflows. Power PDF will inform you, when a new document is available in the folders you've set up in Power PDF. This is a really cool feature!
Comes with a look-a-like from all "MS-Office" applications, with an intuitive UI.

Cons

For designers or user in the print industry, who need pre-flight functions and color management tools Power PDF is not the right tool. These functions are not included.

Carla

Really Like this PDF Editor

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Pros

This program does what it promises and so far, the features are easy to find and use.

Cons

So far, I have found no cons with what I have used this software for.

Kali
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Lousy software that our company switched to for cost savings

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

See above. It crashes a lot which wastes my time.

See above. It crashes a lot which wastes my time.

Pros

I don't like Kofax. It's fine as a reader, but for anything else I definitely prefer other applications.

Cons

I don't like Kofax at all. It crashes all the time which wastes so much of my time. When we first got it in 2001 it crashed so much that it was totally unusable and really messed up our work flow. Our IT team spent a lot of time (like weeks) trying to get it to work. One of the people on our team spent her own money to just buy Adobe Acrobat so she wouldn't have the headache of dealing with Kofax. Kofax functions now, but it still crashes a lot during edits. The adding pages feature really sucks and I have to do the steps very specifically or else it crashes, and I save after each step when adding pages and redoing the page numbers to avoid loosing the work I've already done. Weird things also happen if you remove a page and try to renumber. The page numbering function needs a lot of improvement.

Phil
Phil

All the features of the other PDF editors at a much better price.

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Great, it speeds up production and improves our productivity.

Great, it speeds up production and improves our productivity.

Pros

Overall a great product. Easy to use and great support.

Cons

The text editor. It needs to be more flexible and the text box needs to be smaller. Preferably expand as the user types instead of starting out across the whole page.

Lindsey
Lindsey

Nuance is a nuance

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

It's great, I love it and recommend it to all.

It's great, I love it and recommend it to all.

Pros

It's easy - I can make an interactive PDF, make edits, delete/add pages, etc. which the touch of a button. Anyone can do it!

Cons

I don't have a con - it does exactly what it's supposed to do and I don't even realize that it's not Adobe.

Evan
Evan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Kofax PDF is an excellent PDF reader/writer

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Very well made and stable PDF application that connected with a multitude of DMS systems

Pros

Accurately creates pdf's with proper security level for courts and other attorneys to accept production

Cons

Links with DMS applications require uninstalling and reinstalling inorder to repair

Stephanie

Great productivity software

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

I would highly recommend Kofax to anyone looking for flexibility in editing and managing documents.

Pros

Being able to easily Bates stamp documents, redact information, type in info on a PDF and delete unwanted pages.

Cons

Nothing, it's fantastic for my daily use purposes!

Response from Tungsten Automation

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review of Power PDF! Glad you have explored Bates Stamping and more.
- Gordon

Hazel
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Compact PDF software

Reviewed on 22/07/2023

Very intuitive software as far as regular usage is concerned.

Very intuitive software as far as regular usage is concerned.

Pros

This is a compact PDF software which has a smooth user interface. Kofax Power PDF is also easy to operate.

Cons

Obviously there is nothing to say wrong about a PDF viewer, I love the design and inbuilt tools of this software.

Melissa

Kodfax Power PDF makes my job easier

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Pros

I use this software to redact documents that are being filed with courts. It is super simple and quick to use

Cons

Noting.it is a great tool for the work I do.

Response from Tungsten Automation

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review of Power PDF! Glad it's useful for you in Legal.
- Gordon

Marco
Marco
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good overall solution for e document management and PDF editing

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

Pros

Pros:
- Intuitive word-processor-like user interface
- advanced editing functions
- convenient for e-signature templates
- pretty fast start up, and lightweight

Cons

No significant flawless detected, generally easy implementation in any Window OS version.

Robert

A Really Good Product

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Pros

Ease of use and feature rich. Price point is excellent when compared to Adobe Acrobat. We also tried Soda PDF Desktop 14 which was not as powerful.

Cons

Editing function difficult to use. There are instances where a fillable form needs editing and Koufax has trouble.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Choosing Tungsten Power PDF

Price to function was better

DJ

Good Acrobat Pro Substitute

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Document conversion (both to and from PDF) is so simple with this product. It is highly accurate. Form creation is simple and the Bates numbering is fantastic!

Pros

This product is almost as good as Acrobat Pro for the normal user, but it is not quite as intuitive. Often there is a need in our business to Bates number documents, so that knocked out a lot of the competitors. For frequently used, or hard to find functions, the quick access toolbar is a must. The program integrates well with the MS programs we use. Cost is appropriate.

Cons

Power PDF Advanced crashes more than Adobe Acrobat Pro. Functions are not intuitively placed in the tabs. Help is often a waste of time and should be easier and more simple. Indexer is not as fast as Acrobat.

Jeffery

Why Kofax is a valuable PDF choice

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

It is a valuable software in my arsenal that is mostly easy to use and effective.

Pros

The conversion is very integrated and seemingly automatic

Cons

Text Editing can be somewhat difficult, identifying which menu that appears to be change at times

Reasons for Choosing Tungsten Power PDF

Conversion of documents is importantto me

Much less expensive
Jorge

PDF management made simple

Reviewed on 21/05/2023

It has been a great product for me in my experience

It has been a great product for me in my experience

Pros

The ease of use and document management has really shown this system capacity and its impecable.

Cons

There is not something I like least about it. Only that I need to learn if more to maximize use of it

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Cost
Wendy
  • Industry: Insurance

Awesome PDF program

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

Combine Documents, Optimizing the size of the documents, typing notes right on the pdf, removing information from the document, especially happy with being able to convert a pdf into word or excel. HUGE time saver.

Pros

I like everything about this program! The ability to convert a pdf into word, excel, to edit documents, move pages around, remove pages, delete info from the pdf, ability to combine separate PDFs into one PDF

Cons

I can find nothing I don't like about this product.

Brigid

Great Product

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Pros

Kofax is great because you can edit PDF's and sort pages.

Cons

I have never been able to get the DocuSign feature to work properly.

Sean

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Pros

Long term customer of Nuance (Dragon) and Kofax (Power PDF) due to exceptional functionality and performance.

Cons

Software is fine. The customer service - or should I say lack thereof - is atrocious. My team made the mistake of purchasing two licenses for download (rather than purchasing the discs) during the COVID-19 pandemic while our team was working remotely. The licenses were designed for use on our office PCs and were not downloaded right away due to our team working remotely. Unbeknownst to me, the licenses were only available for download two weeks. After that, the link expires and you cannot download the software. I attempted to go through Kofax for a resolution to no avail. We now have two perpetual licenses that we can’t use and we're out $358. I’ll take my business elsewhere.

Rachel
  • Industry: Utilities

Good substitute for the typical Adobe package

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Pros

All functions are available in the version I have. I don't require additional add-ons to get my job done

Cons

When I pull a tab out from the main window, it opens up directly below the main window. It would be preferable if the tab was still connected to my cursor and follows it to the spot I want the tab to show up. Similar to chrome tabs

John

Crashes

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

My business has gone full digital over the last 2 years and I need a stabile pdf program to maintain worflow daily.

Pros

In writing this review I hope the company takes note and resolves the issue that is mentioned.
I began using Kofax after they purchased Nuance pdf which I found so easy to use and stabile. When I began using Kofax I found it a bit different and thought that I would get use to it. After using it for 2 years now I have come to the conclusion that it is an inferior program to the Nuance pdf program and I am disappointed.

Cons

When saving to Microsoft Cloud it always crashes so I must save to my desktop first and then transfer over to the Cloud drive which is very annoying and unproductive.

Nagaraj
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good value for money

Reviewed on 07/04/2023

Pros

Digital signature, adding text, flattening.

Cons

Not possible to extract pages. Saving files sometimes takes too many clicks.

Wes
  • Industry: Machinery

Better that the original

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

Its an easier product to use that Adobe and they aren't trying to Nickle and dime me to use the most popular features

Pros

Product is very easy to use and much better price compared to the Adobe

Cons

There are no problems I have encountered

Jaime
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Essential Document Control tool

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Great all around except for the error messages which are in themselves an error....

Pros

I use this every day because I process documents that are sometimes sensitive and it enables me to insert Headers/Footers along with watermarks with ease. I am sent many files for editing which are in pdf format this tool allows me to quickly and easily convert them to word, excel or powerpoint before saving them back as a pdf

Cons

A lot of the time I get an error message stating the document was unable to be converted and it had failed but in fact it had succeeded which can be an irritation but it's not the end of the world

Wayne

Nice product

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

Love this product, does the same as Acrobat at a fraction of the cost.

Love this product, does the same as Acrobat at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

We use this software for all of our PDF editing, making forms, etc.

Cons

everything functions very well. I have found nothing wrong with the product.

Price
Alise

Nuance Power PDF good for office use

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Nuance makes creating forms with active form fields so easy. I would definitely recommend this software for everyday office use.

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to create form fields with the click of a button. I use this feature daily. I also love being able to drag and drop and page(s) into file folders or other files. It is a super easy software to utilize.

Cons

My only complaint about this software is that it is slow compared to Adobe and BlueBeam, especially for printing. It does open large files, like construction drawings, as quickly either.

Enterprise Level All-In-One PDF

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Our office was moving to go paperless and the use of Nuance has accelerated the change for admin workers.

Pros

Overall this program provides the necessary features for our legal team to create, edit, and manage PDFs.

Features include - creating PDFs, in-line editing, converting, combining, and a sleek "office" style ribbon.

Some great new features for Advanced 3 include - real-time collaboration and tabbed viewing.

Cons

OCR features are not as strong as Adobe Acrobat and some minor set back in the conversion of documents.