Adobe After Effects Reviews

Adobe After Effects

Motion graphics and VFX solution for graphic designers

4.3/5

Prashant
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Best VFX & Motion Graphic Software in market

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

The overall experience is just amazing with Adobe After Effects. I use it to animate my logos and text for my Intro videos which I post on my social media platform. This software increases my productivity.

Pros

The friendly user interface is best in Adobe After Effects. It's very easy to import different formats and start a new project. I use to add animation to my logos and text. Easy drag and drop of png files is the best option. It saves me a lot of time.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Adobe After Effects. The software is loaded with a variety of options and features for editing and new composition.

Anthony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Want to make stunning animations? Try Adobe After Effects.

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

As an IT department intern at the University, I had the opportunity to use Adobe After Effects on several occasions for audiovisual content production. Although at first, it seemed like an overwhelming software, after some time practicing, I was able to understand its main features and create impressive animations and visual effects.

Pros

Adobe After Effects is a highly versatile software that allows you to create high-quality visual effects. It offers a wide range of tools for video post-production and animation, including options for color correction, lighting effects, motion graphics integration, among others. It also has an intuitive interface that facilitates work and allows for greater efficiency in content production.

Cons

Adobe After Effects can have a steep learning curve for beginners, and may require a significant amount of time to master its advanced features. It can also be a fairly heavy and demanding software in terms of hardware requirements, which may limit its use on certain devices.

Jordan
  • Industry: Music

An expensive but nonetheless high-quality motion graphics software

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

All in all, I found After Effects useful for creating my own videos, but I found it overpriced for someone like me who barely used it. And, within the four years I used After Effects, I only ever produced seventeen videos with it (roughly 0.34 videos per month). So, after four years of minimal usage, I decided to cancel my subscription and stop using it.

Pros

With After Effects, there are almost no limits to how you can create and produce your videos apart from your technical skills and knowledge. I was really pleased with its incredibly wide range of usable tools, parameters, filters and transitions to make almost any video I wanted.

Cons

I found making my videos using After Effects fairly time-consuming due to its advanced and highly-customizable nature. Due to my limited video editing skills, I could only create and produce very basic music videos for my music. Also, I believe its monthly subscription was overpriced for someone like me who barely used After Effects at all. That's why, after using it and staying subscribed for four years, I eventually cancelled my subscription and stopped using it.

• Industry: Entertainment

Whatever idea/concept you have - you can make it on this software

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Pros

Likely the best editing software for amateur-professional video editors. It's so in-depth that I am still CONSTANTLY learning new things/features on this software and I use it almost daily. You can use it with other editing softwares as well.

Cons

It's a little hard to learn. The learning curve is steep, but once you learn the basics, it's pretty simple to catch on to new things.

Final Cut Pro

Reasons for Choosing Adobe After Effects

Bought a Mac. Ended up switching to Final Cut Pro and once I got comfortable with video editing on new hardware I began using After Effects for certain editing situations and have used it ever since!

VEGAS Pro
Tiago

A Journey with Adobe After Effects

Reviewed on 08/05/2023

As a long-term user of Adobe After Effects, I can confidently say that this powerful software has revolutionized the world of motion graphics and visual effects. Over the years, I have witnessed its evolution and improvements, making it an indispensable tool for professionals and enthusiasts alike. The app has been an indispensable companion throughout my creative journey. From creating captivating title sequences to producing stunning visual effects, the software has consistently empowered me to push the boundaries of visual storytelling. While it may present a learning curve and require powerful hardware, the immense creative potential, seamless integration with other Adobe tools, extensive plugin support, and a thriving community make Adobe After Effects a powerhouse in the field of motion graphics and visual effects. Whether you're a professional animator, a video editor, or a passionate enthusiast, Adobe After Effects offers a playground where ideas come to life. It has undoubtedly become an integral part of my creative toolkit, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to unlock their creative potential in the realm of motion graphics and visual effects.

Pros

Adobe After Effects provides an expansive canvas for imagination to flourish. With its vast array of effects, plugins, and tools, the possibilities for creating stunning visuals are virtually limitless. From simple animations to complex compositing and 3D motion graphics, the software empowers users to bring their visions to life. One of the standout features of the software is its seamless integration with other Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Whether you're working on a project in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Premiere Pro, the ability to easily import and manipulate assets across these programs streamlines the workflow and enhances productivity. Adobe After Effects boasts a thriving ecosystem of plugins developed by both Adobe and third-party vendors. These plugins offer specialized features and effects that further extend the software's capabilities. From advanced particle systems to advanced color grading tools, the plugin support enriches the user experience and opens up new horizons for creativity.

Cons

Due to its extensive feature set and complexity, Adobe After Effects has a steep learning curve, especially for beginners. Mastering the software requires time and dedication, as well as a solid understanding of animation principles and visual effects concepts. However, with perseverance and the availability of learning resources, this hurdle can be overcome.

Oussama
  • Industry: Computer Games

My Overall Experience with Adobe After Effects

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Adobe After Effects is an excellent software for creating stunning visual effects. It is a powerful and versatile tool with a comprehensive suite of features, but it does come with a hefty price tag.

Pros

Adobe After Effects is an extremely powerful and versatile software which provides users with a comprehensive suite of tools for creating stunning visual effects. The software offers excellent features and options for creating a wide range of effects, from basic compositing to complex 3D animation and particle effects.

Cons

One of the drawbacks of Adobe After Effects is its cost, especially when compared to free alternatives. Additionally, the software can be quite difficult to learn and master, especially for beginners.

Richard
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Create outstanding motion graphics with Adobe After Effects

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Overall, this an Excellent motion graphics software and everyone who desires a great video intro just as the intro videos of Hollywood, Disney, Netflix, Apple etc. should try this.

Pros

The drag and drop feature of the software and also the ability to edit key frames to my own specification. The effects library also has a lot of different effects which makes me achieve an amazing video like I always wanted.

Cons

Adobe After Effect can be very complex if you are just starting with, the team can look into simplifying some process we go through to achieve certain special effects. Also, I don't know but if I try direct rendering from After Effect its very slow as compared to exporting to(adding to Queue in) Media Encoder

Camtasia

Reasons for Choosing Adobe After Effects

After Effects gives me more option to edit my video intro and outro.

Filmora

Reasons for Switching to Adobe After Effects

Because Adobe After Effect stands out
Luciano
Luciano
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Performing, but greedy (of resources and money)

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

The overall experience is positive. As a MacOS user, I try to use Apple software as much as possible, but when more complicated work and compositing are needed, or when working in a team with Windows users, After Effects has been a good choice. I think it could cost less and have an even more simplified approach.

Pros

What I appreciate most about Adobe After Effects is the common approach to the other software in the Adobe suite. Working on the time line is a common and assimilated experience where you get your bearings after a few seconds.

After Effects once again confirms itself as the leading platform in advanced video compositing, representing in its latest incarnation a more complete solution and, now more than ever, 3D oriented by virtue of the integration with Cinema 4D, offered in bundled light version.

Even on Mac it enjoys a fast track, given the lack of an Apple product truly able to compete in terms of versatility and completeness.

Cons

What I dislike very little, however, is the resource consumption and the price. Being a MacOS user, I've ended up preferring Final Cut Pro with Motion, thanks to which I can carry out similar works consuming much less resources and with shorter working times. In this case, however, I have to give up working with team members who don't use MacOS. In my opinion, the pricing could also be improved to be more user-friendly.

Marco
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best software to create animations

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

It was the best software I found to animate images for use in digital signage.

It was the best software I found to animate images for use in digital signage.

Pros

It is the best software to make animations. Personally I use it to make animations for digital signage. It really has a lot of options and produces excellent results.

Cons

It has some bugs and is very heavy. If you don't have a good machine, it will be very difficult to work with it.

oussama
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Make a creative animation with Adobe After Effects

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

I tend to use After Effects a lot in making Indexa social media stories to promote medical equipment.
After Effects allowed me to create very attractive hearing aids stories, as well as interactive, as these stories often allow me to receive positive responses from customers and open a sales conversation with them based on arousing their interest through these stories

Pros

After Effects is the most amazing program for content creators who prefer to rely on animated illustrations
It is very flexible, very precise and multi-tool, in addition to that, it provides ready-made moves and models that allow a short time for content makers
The user interface is very interesting and comprehensive that allows easy control of the users

Cons

For the After Effects program to run lightly and smoothly, the device used must have specific technical specifications. It is difficult to obtain good performance with computers and devices that are technically limited in terms of processors and RAM.
In addition, it requires training for a short period in order to reach the professionalism of use

Bhushan
  • Industry: Chemicals

Top video editing and motion graphics software

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

AE is the industry's best video editing tool for a long time. It is the foundation for all types of video editing tools. It is also widely used in the tech, film, and e-learning industries.

Pros

No doubt, After Effects is one of the best video editing tools in the industry, it offers a lot of features, effects, and functionalities. This is a must-have for every video editor and video/motion content creator.

Cons

The latest version of the software are heavy and need high-configuration systems to work

Clipchamp and Canva

Reasons for Switching to Adobe After Effects

In this software, we find all features and functions which require for all type of video editing and special effects.
Ankit
Ankit

The Tool which you actually need!

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Experience with After Effects is really very good. One can play around with different things in After Effects like Video Editing, Motion Graphics, and VFX. Making things scratch feels great. I usually add third-party software with After Effects to save time. I would highly recommend it to my fellow friends.

Pros

I have been using After Effects for a while now and I'm really enjoying all of its feature.- Can be used for Video Editing, Motion Graphics, and VFX. Not every Video Editing Software can do this.- The Rendering Speed of this Software is really nice. Saves a lot of time.- Can be interlinked with Adobe software like Illustrator and Photoshop. It really helps a lot when you're trying to make something related to Motion Graphics.- You can make transitions and effects from scratch and can control it as per your choice.

Cons

After Effects is really good but there are a few things that I don't like about it.- The Ui of After Effects is little tough for Beginners and it really needs some good practice of yours if you genuinely want to learn about it.- It consumes a lot of RAM if we're running the software. Thus it makes the system run slowly.- After Effects Crashes lots of times resulting in the loss of unsaved projects. There is no way you can retrieve the lost data.

Priyansh
Priyansh
  • Industry: Animation

The cornerstone of our Video Editing Business

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

Would say that this is the best software we found for editing and with plugins it is versatile enough to fulfill all our requirements.

Pros

We have been using After Effects for about 10 years now. We started with basic editing and with various plugins like Element 3D, we are able to create good animations all inside After Effects. I would say that there are a lot of pros:

1. Student discount and subscription model.
2. Very easy learning curve.
3. Amazing fluidity with other Adobe products.
4. Less system requirements to start.
5. Has hundreds of plugins.
6. Well documented on the Internet.

Cons

- There are various updates that occur periodically, often they might break a plugin.
- Crashes, there are at least 1-2 crashes a day.
- Bugs are still present in every iteration.
- Need Adobe Media Encoder to render.

VEGAS Pro, Final Cut Pro and Maya
Cristhian Josue
Cristhian Josue
  • Industry: Design

Adobe After Effects, a standard in the visual effects design industry

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

As I have already said, I like to use Adobe software, so using After Effects became a daily part of my workflow, I feel happy with this software and it has helped me to work in a great way the post-production of my audiovisual works, giving them life and helping me to create a unique aesthetics.

Pros

I like the Adobe suite, it's practical, it incorporates software for about everything and I believe that today it's essential for any company focused on the design business.

After Effects is the proposition of this software bundle for the development and design of animations and visual effects, it's useful and has everything to create quality projects, this software is a standard for both mega-corporations and small businesses, and freelancers.

Cons

On its own, After Effects would be just another software, it's useful, but it has weaknesses, weaknesses that are compensated by utilizing other Adobe software to which we will have access.

But if what you're looking for is to have a single software that fulfills exactly the whole process of developing and editing post-production, Adobe After Effects is not for you.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Adobe After Effects Review

Reviewed on 15/02/2023

Adobe After Effects is a versatile and powerful software for creating animations and special effects in video productions. With a wide range of tools and features, it's perfect for video professionals looking to add a creative touch to their projects. However, the software can be difficult to learn for new users and requires significant system resources. Overall, I recommend Adobe After Effects for its features, but I suggest new users to take their time to learn how to effectively use the software.

Pros

I used Adobe After Effects for 5 months to create animations and special effects for my video productions, and I must say I am very impressed with its versatility and features. The software offers a wide variety of tools and options for creating complex compositions, adding special effects, and enhancing the quality of video productions.I particularly enjoyed the library of pre-made effects, which allowed me to easily and quickly apply impressive effects to my compositions. The color correction and video stabilization options were also very helpful in improving the quality of my productions.Although the interface may seem complex at first, I quickly learned to navigate the software and effectively use its tools and features.

Cons

While I was impressed with Adobe After Effects' features, I found that the software has a steep learning curve. The interface can be confusing and intimidating for new users, and it took me a lot of time to figure out how to effectively use the tools and features.Additionally, the software can be very resource-intensive, which can make it challenging to use on older or less powerful computers. Render times can also be quite long, which can be frustrating when quick results are needed.

Rejie
Rejie
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

After Effects is the way...

Reviewed on 19/02/2022

I pretty much use AE in almost everything after gathering the sequential renders from my 3d renders. And with the render passes the possibilities of making your 3d renders even more believable is boundless. And with AE's compatibility to countless plugins, working on VFX is like composing your masterpiece in a concerto. And normally, you then pass it to Video editor who uses another software for the cuts and musical score and audio syncing. But not me, I do them all in AE.

Pros

- Adds depth and realism to my 3d animations renders
- Uses exaggerated movements to enhance 3d character motion
- Removes background with ease for only just a few mouse-clicks
- Adds realism and cinematic drama to to your work
- Very plugin friendly
- And much much more!!!

Cons

The license, that you have to pay for annually. I miss the time when everything is a one-time-payment.

mohammed

My experience with Adobe After Effects

Reviewed on 31/10/2021

It is one of the huge programs and I can not do without it because of its many advantages that help me produce professional videos daily
I consider it one of the best programs for creating motion graphics videos

Pros

A very wide program that enables you to create many professional videos
- Contains endless lists of effects and add-ons
- You can animate characters and texts professionally
- It has a beautiful and comfortable interface for the eye
- It has many explanations and educational courses on the Internet
- There are many great free templates and it's easy to work with

Cons

- It is not easy to deal with it for beginners as it needs a long education for the designer to start working on it
- It needs high-performance computer specifications as it consumes a lot of RAM
- Sometimes when the file size becomes large, the program stops working
- There are some effects that need to be written in order to work and it is difficult to learn all of them

Md

Adobe after effects Review

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

My overall experience with Adobe After Effects has been very positive. I have used After Effects for quite a few projects over the years, and I find that the program is extremely versatile and powerful. It allows me to create stunning motion graphics, visual effects, and complex animations with ease. I also love the fact that it has an intuitive and user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to learn and use. All in all, I would highly recommend Adobe After Effects to anyone looking to create amazing visuals and animations.

Pros

I liked that the software was easy to use and had an intuitive user interface. I also liked that it was very reliable and had a lot of features that made it easy to customize. Additionally, I liked that the software had excellent customer support, so I could get help if I ever had any questions or issues.

Cons

I didn't like that the software was difficult to navigate and required a lot of technical knowledge to use.

Abhinav
Abhinav
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

After effect the father of VFX

Reviewed on 15/02/2023

I am very happy with functionality provided further ado after-effects. It is the fantastic software.

Pros

Template wise editing, text animation, camera tracking, image Presets Are few of the widely used options

Cons

If you are not using the cards like black magic then you tend attend me increase to many folds

Yohann
Yohann
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The best vfx software there.

Reviewed on 07/01/2023

After Effects is a software I use for all my YouTube videos and my experince with it is very good. I've never felt limityed and all my creative ideas can be fullfiled with it. I definitely recommand it

Pros

After Effects is a must-have for creative video producer and its features are more or less unlimited. I use mostly line animations and it fits my needs perfectly. The interface is intuitive, highly customisable and modifications are easy to make.

Cons

The software need a lot of performance from the computer. Even with my big computer, when having a lot of objects in my compositions the software becomes a bit laggy. Also, it's quite difficult to find some features and the first steps on the software may be difficult.

Zakaria
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

After effect is the best video editing software

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

overall experience i would say after Effects is the best editing software for quality production.

Pros

After Effect is a really common software for a very long time, I'm using this software for more than 6 years, and the software playback and interface look easy, After Effect has really useful stock plugins and you have the ability to add more professional plugins, you have advanced tools to make transitions smooth, you can change the playback quality for a good experience, cause the software is huge and need a good pc

Cons

the thing that i didn't like, that the software sometimes crashes, and if u didn't save your project,maybe you are going to lose everything.

Rachid
  • Industry: Graphic Design

my experience with Adobe After Effect

Reviewed on 18/12/2022

Another experience with After Effects might involve creating special effects for a music video or short film, such as creating a futuristic holographic display or adding realistic explosions and destruction.

Pros

It is widely used in the film and television industry, as well as in other areas such as advertising and graphic design

Cons

Some users may find it challenging to use After Effects to create the effects and compositions they envision, especially if they are not familiar with the software or with compositing and animation techniques in general. In addition, After Effects can be resource-intensive and may require a powerful computer with a good graphics card to run smoothly.

Vladimir Azariel
Vladimir Azariel
  • Industry: Entertainment

Adobe After Effects, the king of montage and VFX.

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

Pros

After Effects is a pretty powerful video editing and montage extension from Adobe, and although it's not easy to use, once mastered it can give you what many software would give you altogether.
Although After Effects doesn't have features such as creating 3D compositions from scratch, it does support templates that can be created from Blender or similar software, so it's possible to animate these 3D compositions from AE.
Another very good thing, in my opinion, are the special effects that we can create and that can be very similar to those we see in Hollywood. A huge advantage is that you can find official courses to develop your knowledge of this software, or you can try tutorials on youtube to go step by step on the way of editing and assembling.

Cons

Without a doubt, something key is learning to use AE and taking full advantage of all the functions that this software offers, so the most complex thing is learning to use it.

Subarna
Subarna

After Effects review by a Video Editor

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

Pros

After effects let you create stunning visual effect and animations along with seamless transitions and enhanced visuals.

Cons

Least favorite feature of After Effect would be the drag and drop for me which can mess up compositions and materials present in the timelines sometime.

Parwinder
Parwinder

Best Video Editing and Animation Tools for everyone

Reviewed on 15/10/2022

I am using Adobe After Effects for more than 2 years and it has been an amazing experience for me. It helps me edit small stuff in videos. Making media content, animation presentations etc.

Pros

1) It's easy to use and learn.
2) Timeline is very easy to understand and use.
3) Applied filters are very easy to customize and manipulate.
4) Ram preview works awesome.
5) I love the shortcut keys that Adobe After Effects offers.

Cons

1) Rendering process inside Adobe After Effects is not so good. It makes file size very huge.
2) After Effects doesn't work very well.
3) obviously Pricing.