BambooHR

4.6 (2,773)
Everything works together in one platform.

(2,773)

2772 Reviews for UK Users

Jackie
Jackie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Effective, time saving, keeps you organized!

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

I am really happy that we chose BambooHR, it keeps me organized, it takes care of reminders, which it was a huge problem that I had before, having to remember each employee dates of hire, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc. I also like that all our locations are under the same platform, so it is really easy to find employee's information. You can also have all the documents signed electronically, which saves time, paper & trees! I definitely recommend it.

Pros

I like the fact that reminds you about everything! we were able to set up reminders for employee eligibility for benefits, for employee discounts, for evaluations and much more! I love that I can have the employee's information in one platform, including the staff in Madrid. We are able to communicate with everyone at the same time. I also like that the employee onboarding makes them part of the team immediately!

Cons

Sometimes is confusing where to find things. The implementation was a little rushed. We weren't able to go back and review items when we had doubts, it seems to be that the trainer has a schedule that they can't miss, even if you have questions.

WorkBright

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Didn't have as many features as BambooHR and it was not user friendly
Sarah
Sarah

BambooHR is a comprehensive and easy-to-use HR software

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

In terms of HR functions, BambooHR handles everything. Our human resources department and management can benefit much from this system. BambooHR serves many uses for many divisions. Every day, the human resources team uses BambooHR because it is quick, simple, and easy to use.

Pros

This HR management system is both feature-rich and user-friendly. The user interface is made user- and administrator-friendly. The site is user-friendly, and my staff appreciates how straightforward the features are.

Cons

One of BambooHR's less enticing characteristics, in my opinion, is its pricing structure. We are a very young company, thus cost-effectiveness is of paramount importance. Unfortunately, it appears that BambooHR's rates are out of reach for startups like ours.

Lauren

Good value for small companies

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Overall, BambooHR is a good quality solution at an affordable price. Just know going into it that you're not getting the top of the line system with all of the customizations and bells and whistles of other software. They're rolling out updates all the time so I'm hopeful that it will continue to improve over time.

Pros

BambooHR is relatively easy to implement - not overly complicated. Some HRIS companies spend 12 weeks on implementation but BambooHR's implementation process is based around 5 or 6 one hour phone calls and their implementation specialists do a nice job of walking you through everything. The system is simple and intuitive for our blue collar employees. It's an affordable HRIS solution for small to medium businesses who don't need a super robust platform.

Cons

It's not as customizable as they make it seem. There have been quite a few functions that I expected that it would have the capabilities to do and I just get told "no, the system can't do that". They have good customer service response time but you're routed to anyone in the queue so there's no consistency of an Account Manager or dedicated support person. And their benefits administration solution is not nearly developed enough yet, in my opinion. If you're currently using a separate benadmin solution, leave it where it is until Bamboo has made some major improvements on their version.

Christina
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Middle of the road software that needs improvement

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

We are currently researching other HR software. I'm not sure which is better, software that contains the modules needed with obvious and crippling flaws or software that is easy to use both by admin and employees with limited modules.

Pros

The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork.
Most of the framework is in place, but EACH area needs improvement, both in the functionality for administration and the ease of use for employees. The sections offered are vital, but aren't complete.

Cons

The benefits area is lacking a lot of common sense tools - like the ability to attach plan documents to an insurance plan (only a link can be used), display plan cost information to an employee BEFORE they sign up (the pricing is only available AFTER they sign up and become eligible). Many things like this create double the amount of work for the administrator.
The actual on-boarding process was a struggle because even though the forms were done properly by the employees (I sat with a few and watched them), it didn't save all information in completed fields. Employees were frustrated when they had to fill out forms multiple times because you cannot edit once saved.
I love that employees can e-sign documents, but preparing the forms is cumbersome and they can't be customized easily. For instance, if you need to update a form because something has changed or didn't save properly, you have to delete the task and resend to any employees who need an updated form.
When I discussed a few very basic items with support, they just offered a work around that many clients use. These are obvious flaws in the system that need to be addressed, but aren't necessarily a priority. Bamboo HR seems to focus more on flashy design than actual content. It makes them seem like a leader in the industry, but as soon as you dig in, the flaws are obvious.
For the price, there needs to be more development in the software.

Dianne
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Promising Upgrades

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

BHR is great for smaller business needs. The functionality of the program for smaller HR/Payroll teams is great. For larger employee count that does multiple bonus and other unique payroll needs are a bit more manual in getting the system to work the way needed.

Pros

Integration of Trax payroll to BHR. Eliminating Remote Link and allowing more direct integration from HR to Payroll has been a great upgrade. Payroll processing is smoother and faster.

Cons

Need to see more Payroll reports in BHR and allow for custom report writing of Payroll data.

Brittany
  • Industry: Human Resources

BambooHR First HRS Used

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

I liked the custom features of nearly everything in the system. This made it easy to work with our existing structures and we built around that. The auto filing for signed policies was great, and the reminders for training needs was great for all employees, their supervisors, and the managers to ensure everything was on track for timelines and protocols.

Cons

The reporting features were not as extensive as I would have liked. Things may have changed, but the reports for specific and custom items was a little difficult. The customer service was mostly online or through their FAQs or videos which wasn't ideal if we were in a crisis situation, but overall a good product.

David

Great product for recruiting

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Pros

The ease of use, streamlining with companies like Indeed, and Glassdoor. I love the mobile apps. The email templates are great as well.

Cons

Maybe more functionality with texting candidates. Not much

Jennifer

User friendly and versatile with other software programs

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

In general Bamboo is easy to use and navigate. It has a variety of options to utilize for your needs.

compatible with other applications

Cons

Could be a little less expensive
could work with a more variety of software
no easy way to export employee documents in bulk form

Anne

BambooHR Review

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Pros

It's very user-friendly, and since we have several locations, it makes internal announcements easy, and we can also see who is in and who is out on a daily basis.

Cons

Nothing so far, everything seems to be working smoothly.

Arleta

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Very easy to use and keep track of documents.

Very easy to use and keep track of documents.

Pros

Being able to see direct reports time on/off. Easy to use all links. Keeping all HR related documents in one place. I like that you can customize forms to how we want to make it work.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about BambooHR.

Jeff
Jeff

Bamboo HR, a slick but severely limited recruiting software

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

As stated, the BHR system is a recruiters dream and makes the talent acquisition process easier for those businesses that are only using the job boards to get applicants. Just don't expect much more after that.

Pros

The look an feel of BambooHR (BHR) is amazing! Its almost like Facebook for recruiting. It is very intuitive for what it does and offers to the administrator and end user. The applicant tracking system is very easy to use and goes the extra mile with automation and thoughtfulness concerning on-boarding and then " flowing" into the core HRIS. The BHR system was chosen by a previous HR professional that clearly had a recruiting bias. Although important, more vetting should have been done to make a sound choice for long term success regarding the needs of a small to mid-size business.

Cons

Beyond what I described above there is limited functionality without also purchasing and integrating other systems through a "bolt-on" approach. By "Bolt-on" I mean that BHR will not automate between the core HR system of BHR and a timekeeping system, a payroll system, benefits administration system, leave administration system. The ability to have a robust system is possible but is not practical or cost effective with BambooHR. In order to get a full platform, covering the full life cycle of and employee, through BHR, a business would have to pay upwards of 30-40 dollars per employee per month. Simply put other options are available and far more robust with better long term results for less money- See my review of APS Payroll for an example.

APS Payroll, Paycom, ADP Workforce Now, Namely and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Price and lack of proper education as to the actual functionality and potential cost of the system beyond on-boarding.
Rikki

Huge Promoter of BambooHR

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

I generally come into Companies as an HR Leader somewhere between 50 and 100 employees and Bamboo is a simple implementation and give not only me every tool I need to do my job, but also helps other teams as far as reporting and accountability is concerned. It's everything I could as for and more.

Pros

I have implemented BambooHR as our primary HRIS system at 3 companies now. Bamboo is so intuitive training is a breeze. Whenever anything pops up I don't have an answer to Help desk is an IM away. Reporting cannot be beat. Hands down the easiest most intuitive HRIS our there for HR Professionals and Employees.

Cons

I wish there were more options within the review portal. Like having the ability to do quarterly assessments AND a formal annual assessment that combines all the quarterlies. Even though we have a quarterly assessment process at our Company people also want to traditional annual and we have to do that all manually outside of the system currently.

Paycom, ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bamboo allows us a lot of flexibility to design it the way that works best for our company and our people that's didn't wrap us into anything additional we didn't want or need.
  • Industry: Higher Education

BambooHR is delicious!

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

We've been able to create tables to house our faculty credentials for tracking and reporting purposes. The signature documents and workflow has helped us reduce the time to create, email, and record faculty contract from several hours to 15 minutes. The eNPS survey has been a great way to monitor employee engagement every six months. We take the feedback provided in that survey and other communication channels and have made improvements in a number of areas that are important to staff and faculty.

Pros

If I were a Panda (HR Administrator), I'd eat BambooHR every day. It's delicious compared to other common HR software forage I've tried. The modern look and feel of BambooHR is terrific. Our staff love the look and ease of use. As a one person HR team with 250 employees, BambooHR makes payroll, performance management, time tracking, and attendance a breeze. Take a nibble and taste the difference!

Cons

The two items as an HR admin. that can be time consuming and a frustration are tracking training and benefit administration. It would be amazing if BambooHR would integrate with training platforms for single sign-on and training status updates on the employee profile. We use a third part benefits administration platform for benefits enrollment. They take care of the file feeds to carriers and billing. Any changes on that platform then must be updated in BambooHR for the deductions to roll over to payroll. The extra steps take time and can lead to error.

Paycom

Easy of use and cost.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Ease of use, ability to customize, and straightforward pricing model.
Italia
  • Industry: Events Services

BambooHR makes our work easier!

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

I overall loved the whole experience, from the introduction, sales/acquisition of the software, to the onboarding and data transfer. The Salesperson and Project Manager of our account made us feel decided about Bamboo from the very first approach. We feel candidate onboarding and administration of our personnel in the Company has become much more manageable.

Pros

What I like the most about Bamboo is that tracking PTO, benefits, and celebrations is much easier compared to other software we've used before. This unique "social network" design has made it user-friendly for our employees regardless of their age.

Cons

What I didn't love is that we couldn't find integration with LinkedIn for job postings. We had to use LinkedIn externally for recruiting.

Lattice

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We needed a more accurate / visible PTO tracking.

TriNet Zenefits

Price, features
Sara
Sara
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

BambooHr is the most intuitive HR software available

Reviewed on 27/07/2023

My company had a lot of manual processes before we started using Bamboo. Bamboo simplified these procedures and freed up time that I could put toward other responsibilities. A certification tracking system was recently implemented. It wasn't as easy to set up as I'd hoped, but with the help of customer service, we're all set up and everyone (including managers) is getting reminders about upcoming courses and certifications.

Pros

As an HR manager, BambooHR equips me with resources to improve workers' lives on the job. In times of need, I receive prompt assistance from BambooHR. Simply put, Bamboo HR is a joy to work with. It's user-friendly enough for small businesses without a human resources department to implement and utilize with no training.

Cons

If we had a little more leeway, we could replace the generic performance assessment questions with ones specific to our company.

Bethany

BambooHR makes my work life so much easier!!

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Overall, very happy with BambooHR’s performance!! I recommend it to anyone who I know could benefit from it. Streamlines so many aspects of my day to day - hiring, onboarding, time clock, employee performance management, payroll, employee pulse surveys, .. the list goes on!

Pros

Easy time-trackingPhone app makes it easy for coworkers to check time card Company-wide announcements (alert on phone if you have the app) Personnel documents all stored in one placeCan push out new procedures that require a signature after the coworker reviewsStreamlines the onboarding process Hiring platform is convenient and you can build templates for scheduling phone screenings and interviews You can process payroll right in BambooHRAttendance notes – we set it so that coworkers can see them, but you can keep them hiddenNotes – we set it so managers and admin can see those notes, but not the coworker. Good for documenting verbal warnings

Cons

If you have a custom general ledger or another payroll report, they will build it for you, but it takes awhile to get it all sorted out We don’t pay the extra fee for benefits administration through BambooHR since we already use Employee Navigator through our benefits management group. (I have to manually select the benefits the coworkers choose to update their payroll deductions)

Lillian
Lillian

The ATS has been a huge help in the recruitment process

Reviewed on 14/03/2023

When it comes to personnel data, Bamboo handles everything. The HR department and upper management benefit greatly from this system's increased efficiency. The convenience of having everything in one place, rather than scattered everywhere.

Pros

The HR software is all-encompassing and user-friendly. Administrators and end users alike will appreciate the streamlined UI and pleasant UX they provide. My team has found the platform to be very user-friendly and productive.

Cons

It irritates me because any time I make an update to anything, it needs to be approved first, but I don't think this is something that happens everywhere; rather, I think it's more of a company permissions issue.

Krista
  • Industry: Food Production

Great HR software

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

My experience has been great. Without BambooHR I would be buried in paper files. I love having data in one location, it makes it easy to assist employees. Not only that but it adds a self service component for employees. They can update their personal information without needing HR or payroll services. BambooHR implements change on an on-going basis, they rollout a 30/30 video that shows what has changed and what is coming. Our team is excited to see what is coming next.

Pros

BambooHR is user friendly, everything flows, and makes sense. If you get stuck you can go to the help center, chat with someone, or pick up the phone. The mobile app allows employees to upload pictures of work notes and HR is notified when they do so. This has SAVED us during the pandemic.

Cons

HIRING- I would love to see an integrated calendar within hiring. Currently, if you schedule an appointment you also need to add to your outlook calendar.
REPORTS- I would love to see an alphabetize by last name option with all reporting. Most HR and payroll work alphabetically.

Paycom and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

It was affordable, user friendly, and had so many features we needed.
Rick

Do What you do best and Outsource the rest ... to BambooHR.

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

We simple don't have employee related issues falling through the cracks anymore. Now our managers have time to actually visit with and get to know our people rather than fumbling through bureaucratic gunk to make sure we're "legal".

Pros

BambooHR is super simple and easy to use. The software and the people behind it truly live up to the mission of allowing me to do what I do best (which is not HR management.)

Cons

Nothing to report in this section. BambooHR does exactly what I want it to.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR allowed us to have our employee information at our fingertips rather than in another party's hands. If I need information I simply pull the report or look it up instead of asking for the information from someone else. The last thing we looked into was cost and it turned out that BambooHR is about 25% of what we were paying the accounting firm. That made it a "no-brainer"...better access to data, easier to use, additional resources for managing benefits, onboarding, training, compensation...for less money.

Ease of use.
Lesley

Thank you BambooHR!

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

The reporting tool is excellent. It has allowed us to analyse sickness and timeoff especially over the last 2 years during the pandemic. We also used API to access everyone's phone number to send a text message update at the start of the pandemic to let everyone know what course we were taking. On a broader note, the Employee Survey has given us areas to address and we are improving our eNPS score every 6 months, which is great for employee engagement. We have recently started using the Hiring function which is proving very popular with the management team, allowing them to record their comments and share with others their thoughts on CVs and candidates, as well as being able to email the candidate through BambooHR, making an offer and onboarding. Great to have this functionality all in one place, it makes for a more efficient process.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and employees love using it. We have integrated it with other applications which works well allowing us to keep track of training. Best use has been through Time Off, Perfomance Management, Hiring, Onboarding/Offboarding, eNPS Employee Satisfaction Surveys and the reporting is excellent. Also, very happy with help and support you get from the BambooHR team. I have asked for additinal tabs to track secruity clearances and various other things, nothing is too much trouble.

Cons

I would like to see the 'signature' aspects improved. I have starting using this a lot, but have issues with not being able to access external emails for contract signing capability. Also, when my forms are being completed, during the process of going from one person to another, the text runs off the form. It corrects itself once the final signature is complete, but this could be vital information which is missed by the final signer.

Christine

BambooHR Gets the Job Done for a Small business Organization

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Overall, I am very happy with using BambooHR. The employee self serve system is user-friendly and easy to use. Employees love BambooHR compared to our last system. It is a big improvement. Employees also like the mobile app. It gives employees and managers the ability to keep track of employee information anytime and anywhere.

Pros

As a one-person HR shop, BambooHR has made my professional life easier. The system is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It is a web-based workforce solution that offers a variety of tools and features, like HRIS, applicant tracking, benefits management, onboarding, offboarding, leave tracking, customizable fields, reports, access levels, and more. It combines a multitude of HR functions into a single application. It effectively automated basic HR workflow, allowing me to spend more time on other crucial tasks. Forms are online and it has eliminated a lot of paper.

The customer support is very good.

Cons

I am not a fan of the new benefits upgrade. Only time will tell if it has helped me or not. I would like to see a total rewards compensation statement. All the data is in the system. It would be helpful to give employees annual total compensation statements.

Corpay One

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR is user-friendly. Employees can go into the system and find what the need very easily. IRI's president told me he loves BambooHR.
Jennifer

Best HR Product I Have Used

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Setting up and using signed document features - super easy, allows simple tracking of who has signed.

Pros

We are a small-mid-sized business and this product makes managing people and processes very easy for the administrators and the users. User feedback is that the product is intuitive and easy to navigate.Service has always been stellar!

Cons

Features continue to be added and I am sure the one I want most will come in due time but I would love to be able to file documents with recruitments that are not connected to an applicant. Things like approval forms and interview question templates.

Dayforce HCM

Humi

Cost, interface, service
Zubairu
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

My BambooHR Honest Reviews

Reviewed on 23/02/2023

Overall, BambooHR is a comprehensive and user-friendly HR management software with excellent customer support and reporting capabilities. However, its limited integration options, high pricing, and limited customization options may not be suitable for all organizations.

Pros

BambooHR is a popular human resources management software that offers a range of features designed to streamline HR processes and improve employee management.Here are some this I mostly like about this software:User-friendly interface: BambooHR has an intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, making it easy to manage employee data, track performance, and run reports.Comprehensive HR features: BambooHR offers a range of HR features, including payroll, time tracking, applicant tracking, onboarding, and performance management, all in one platform.Customizable options: BambooHR can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, allowing you to add custom fields, workflows, and reports.Strong reporting capabilities: BambooHR provides extensive reporting options that allow you to generate data-driven insights into HR metrics, such as employee engagement and performance.Good customer support: BambooHR provides excellent customer support, including a knowledge base, training resources, and live chat support.

Cons

Limited integration options: BambooHR has limited integration options with other software, which can make it difficult to sync data with other business tools.Expensive pricing: BambooHR can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses, as the pricing is based on the number of employees.Limited customization options: While BambooHR can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, there are some limitations to the customization options available.Limited mobile app functionality: While BambooHR has a mobile app, it has limited functionality, which can be frustrating for employees who need to access HR information on-the-go.Limited recruiting features: BambooHR's recruiting features are somewhat limited compared to other recruiting-specific software on the market.

Lisa

Excellent product!

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

If you need to be FULLY integrated, this may not be the right solution for you - you would have look at their partnerships prior to implementation. But the integrations they lack, they have made up for it with the tools the provide.

Pros

We experienced a disaster when we migrated from Zenefits to another HRIS. While we experiencing such challenges, we found BambooHR and made the immediate switch. It has been a huge, pleasant adjustment for our company! After dealing with the customer service from Zenefits and the overall issues with the other HRIS, we finally landed in a place that provides a great product and great customer service that suits our needs. The implementation was incredibly smooth. Our rep, was knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, available, efficient, loyal to the brand, etc... She went above and beyond on all of her commitments, worked hard to keep us on track, and was available throughout all of implementation. Once we were in the product, I was concerned about not having an assigned Account Manager. But the customer service desk is well trained and a wealth of knowledge, so we have not needed an assigned account manager. Reports are incredibly easy to access, company metrics are incredibly easy to understand, the features provided solve all of our business needs, and employees enjoy using the product. Time off works well, the app is super helpful, the esign feature makes any HR project easier to complete, the approvals have kept all the correct parties in the loop. Onboarding has been a major improvement - new hires get to see their teammates before their first day, which new hires have loved! No glitches every time. So reliable. Lastly, they don't have contracts. They are a month-to-month service.

Cons

We wish there was more flexibility for integration, but I understand why they are choosy with their partnerships. We have to manually upload data into our payroll which has caused some errors. Also, the approvals aren't flexible. It's either all or nothing meaning - if a single participant involved in a multilevel workflow is out of the office, the entire approval is bypassed. I would like the flexibility to approve on the behalf of the absent individual while allowing the other participants to still play their part. Outside of that, we are very happy with the product.

Sorangel Josefina
Sorangel Josefina

BambooHR is our leading employee tracking tool

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

We needed BambooHR to help automate onboarding and offboarding procedures, which would eliminate the need for them to deal with administrative procedures and paperwork. It is used to monitor employee information and count PTO hours. The HR Suite. Most BambooHR managers and supervisors use it most often, while some supervisors do as well. Managers use it when their employees request to take sick leave and need approval from them. It is useful for monitoring approval requests and employee information benefits from its use.

Pros

It is simple to use, employees can guide themselves and electronic signatures are a breeze. When an employee moves to a different state, they need to complete a new tax form. To facilitate the procedure, we use BambooHR to request that document to be signed, which allows you to receive it faster instead of trying to email and call them. It saves a lot of time. It allows the new procedure for recruiting people to be very straightforward. Just upload your employment and contact information. Then send them a link to register with BambooHR and fill out the necessary forms.

Cons

On two occasions, I was asked to create custom reports through BambooHR. It is somewhat complicated to choose what data I want to appear in the report. We have standardized reports that are easy to access, but it is difficult to create a new one.