SlideDog

Real-time slide show broadcasting platform

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

37 Reviews for UK Users

Greg S.

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Overall, I’ve been pleased with our experience. When we’ve had issues (and their haven’t been many), we always received courteous and helpful responses from the SlideDog team.

Pros

It’s hard to imagine the software being easier to use. The drag and drop feature for both adding to and rearranging files within a presentation is very straightforward. The program handles all the file types we need to use in our environment. SlideDog provided the flexibility we were looking for to maintain our approach to producing content for our services while allowing us to switch seamlessly between various file types during the service.

Cons

For what it’s meant to accomplish, SlideDog performs admirably. The preview/slider window is a bit small and can make jumping to another spot in the presentation (especially in a different file) a bit awkward.

ProPresenter

Reasons for Switching to SlideDog

Price, learning curve, and fit within our existing workflow.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for your review, Greg! Happy to hear that you found SlideDog easy to use!

Warren B.

Faithful User and Happy user

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Overall it has been a positive experience growing and learning with SlideDog.
Emailed support on occasion and they responded very quickly.

Pros

There was a relatively small learning curve to get up and running. SlideDog worked very easily with different platforms like Word, PPoint, and video files we played for our church services.

Cons

If feasible maybe to have ability to link somehow so an audio/video conf call feature could be integrated.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to SlideDog

More adaptability to incorporate multiple platforms in one application.. Simplicity of functionality.. Perfect for our needs..

Response from Preseria

Thank you for your review, Warren! Would love to hear your thoughts on how an ideal integration with video conferencing tools like Zoom and Teams would look like!

Gary G.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used for 2+ years

Single use license for computer change or no internet;

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Used for a year then bitten by a archaic policy that will literally cost them nothing.

Pros

It's handy to use so many formats - like that a lot.
Nice controls.

Cons

Given the price, using only one computer for a license is ticky-tacky these days. Inconsistent with other software. I had a computer go down or have trouble a couple of years ago ad they offered nothing but deactivate. Sure - how?
Name a big company who doesn't offer a second or backup use when not used at the same time.
So - when I have no internet, or a computer breaks, or has troubles, please allow them to ruin an important presentation. Success on your part. Nothing was offered to help me out.
When this happens an hour beforehand, it's disappointing.
Software is nice, but policy is questionable.

Response from Preseria

Hi Gary, thank you for your review. We changed our licensing model in February, 2021 (see https://slidedog.com/blog/updates-to-slidedog-pricing/) and sent out an email to all our newsletter subscribers that Pro customers got an extra activation for free, effectively allowing them to use SlideDog Pro on two computers simultaneously. We saw the need for this in situations like the one you described and I'm sorry that this change in policy didn't occur earlier, while you still were a SlideDog Pro customer. Feel free to contact me (Dag) directly for a returning customer discount. Would love to have you back on board!

Anthony D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Slide Dog has made working from home so much more effective

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

It's amazing software and I have recommended it to many coworkers.

Pros

I needed an application to play video and slide easily while using Zoom for virtual event. The playlist has made it so much easier to produce event. I just share my Zoom 2nd screen and I am ready to go.

Cons

There were a few options and issues with PP, but the tech support did updated and adjusted them right away,

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review, Anthony! Would love to learn more about how you use SlideDog together with Zoom and maybe see if you have some special tricks that other SlideDog users might benefit from.

Thor-kenneth M.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great product for an event with several presentation, videos etc

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Slidedog have helped me make our events more professional in a easy and cheap way.

Pros

I like that I can seamless change between presentations, videos, pictures etc without disturbing the audience. They also have a great customer support that is very helpful if you have small changes you want in the software.

Cons

I really havn't had any big problems with slidedog. If I had any their cosumer support has helpes me very quick

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review, Thor-Kenneth!

Russell P.

Interesting idea to prevent presentation glitches!

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

SlideDog is a great presentation tool for building a playlist of slide decks from different sources. I like the idea and problem this solves and I think they've built a clean and well designed platform.

Pros

SlideDog is interesting idea and product and is extremely useful when multiple different presenters or presentations are to be used. Here's what I like most:
- I like the purpose or problem they're attempting to solve. We've probably all been there - in a situation where you or someone you know's presentation failed to work because of some strange issue. SlideDog prevents that because you're able to load all sorts of presentations in as a slide deck playlist. That's a simple idea, yet brilliant!
- I love that this software is so accepts so many different file types. It doesn't seem to matter what year or version or update you have, they all seem to be compatible.
- In my first experience, I was amazed at how simple and clean it is. That's important to me. Yes - I like advanced features - but I love a simple user interface and SlideDog provides that. It's logically and aesthetically arranged.
- When building a slide deck or playlist, you can also include polls or opportunities for feedback. That's extremely useful. We had multiple presenters that were going to be presenting, and this allowed us to gather feedback forms that were consistent (or even personalized).
- Similar to NearPod or PearDeck, you have the option to do "Live Sharing" and blast a presentation to multiple devices. This increases engagement, in my opinion.
- The built in "clicker" or slide changer is also a neat feature that is operated through a phone app - great idea!

Cons

Here are some setbacks that I've experienced with the platform:
- SlideDog does not work on Apple products. That is a major setback for some users.
- I know their purpose is not for creation, but it would be great if they added this feature. I understand that the platform is not designed for modifications either, but if a mistake is noticed, it can be tedious to go back to the original presentation source, make the update, and then shift it back to SlideDog.
- I really just think the premium version is too pricey. This is great for what it is, but I cannot justify the price when the presentation source has the ability to present, as well.

Lisa P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent programme and customer service.

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

SlideDog has enabled to give me a professional edge to my presentations and making it super easy. The company is one that cares about each customer and I believe goes above and beyond, no matter who the customer is.

Pros

As a childrens' worker I wanted a programme that would allow me to incorporate videos, pictures and powerpoints as a seamless presentation. SlideDog did exactly what I wanted it to, I love the drag and drop feature for adding the different elements. Over time there were several problems as new versions came out but problems were quickly solved according to my specific problems- customer service is very personal and excellent.

Cons

The only downside I had was the difficulties I had incorporating it with Zoom over lockdown but this may have been to my lack of skills.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review Lisa. Happy to hear that SlideDog helps making your presentations seamless. SlideDog should work out-of-the-box with video conference software like Zoom and Teams, but there are a couple of pitfalls to avoid. Firstly, one must make sure to share the whole screen and not an individual app, secondly, using the 2-screen mode makes it a lot easier to manage SlideDog alongside Zoom or Teams, as you don't have multiple apps fighting for being the "top-most" application window. We should probably write a blog post about this. Thanks for reminding us! :-)

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Slidedog for Cable TV

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Pros

Slidedog was a great solution for our cable tv channel. Other options we looked at were more complicated and expensive. We have used the software for years without issue.

Cons

No complaints now that you brought back lifetime license

Response from Preseria

Thanks for the review, Jeff! Would love to hear more about how you use SlideDog for your cable TV channel!

Efrayim C.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

We have been customers for years and have consistently been impressed. We purchased the lifetime package and are happy with that decision each time we use it.

Pros

During school presentations we would often like to combine multiple assets into one seamless production. Slidedog allowed us that flexibility without compromising in what we were able to include.

Cons

There are a few things I feel could be improved: the web remote is a little glitchy, no support for GIFs, and occasionally, rarely, an audio issue with video files.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for your review Efrayim! Happy to hear that SlideDog provides value for your school presentations! Would love to know more about the occasional glitches with the web remote that you mention, and if this is something you've experienced lately (in 2021).

Hannah W.
  • Used for Free Trial

Cool features and simple to use

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

SlideDog is a handy, simple tool to make presenting easier and run smoother. There are some really cool, interactive and useful features that it offers.

Pros

-It's a pretty intuitive design. Even on my first use, it was pretty easy to figure out where everything is.
-The interactive features are awesome. You can super easily create a poll, or ask an open ended question for doing a live presentation (audience gets a link and can participate)
-I really appreciate that you can put a web-page into the slideshow and access it without leaving your slides. Super convenient and makes the presentation process go a lot smoother
-You can download your slideshow to a Powerpoint file. I haven't used this feature myself, so I'm not sure how it affects some of the more interactive functionality, but still a nice option.
-I like that you have the option to either automatically advance or click through your slides
-Cool that there's mobile integration!

Cons

-The software ran really slow on my computer. Although the interface is simple, it feels a bit clunky and dated.
-In my opinion, it would make more sense for this be a web-based program rather than one to download on your computer due to the live-presentation nature. I prefer to use web-based software for things like this.

Michael B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The Piper has a Dog to herd the Rats

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Slide Dog is the right solution for us that came at the right time. I recommend it to all who want to do smooth presentations of various media.

Pros

We use the automatic version to mix Websites, PPT, film and photos to a collage of information for tourists visiting our Tourist Information office. The cellphone remote function is used to run presentations in front of the big screen in adult evening school courses.

Cons

It is always good to start the software ahead of the presentation as it needs time to load all of the background information.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for this review, Michael! Hope all is well with the Pied Piper!

Mark P.
  • Used for 2+ years

The presentation answer to all your questions

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

I love it, it takes photos, videos, PDFs, and even power points and makes them into a seamless "very professional production. The presenter view is 100% and the crossfade is nice, I keep it simple but it's great to know there are features I have never used. That is all I wanted and that is what I got. Super happy and my presentations are 10x better!
This product fixed me "I just need something to be able to wrap it all up and present it question.."
Don't waste your time get this one, it is the one you need.

Pros

It will not crash, load it up with whatever file type and it works great to give a polished production.

Cons

I use the remote control, it works great. Sometimes better to have a person at the unit too in case the signal drops. Has happened but that is a local wi-fi issue.

Response from Preseria

Thank you so much for your review of SlideDog, Mark. Happy to hear that it works so well for your use cases!

Mike M.

Easy Software for Events

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

It is a great program to help with PowerPoint presentations with mixed media.

Pros

SlideDog was very easy to add different types of content to a PowerPoint presentation. SlideDog also made it easy to put different PowerPoints together for a live event.

Cons

You have to have SlideDog loaded on the laptop you are using for the presentation. You need a second copy if you want to have a backup laptop ready during an event.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for your review Mike! We actually upgraded each Pro license in February, adding one extra activation for free, so you don't need a second copy for backup laptop anymore. It's included! :-)

Siby P.
  • Used for 1+ year

Great Product

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

This is a fantastic way to engage the audience

Pros

You can add almost all types of content and queue it for presentation. A great way to prepare for a show or a talk. Real time sharing is a big cool thing too

Cons

Nothing really is of a concern. I was quite impressed

Prezi

Cost and ease of use

Response from Preseria

Thank you for your review of SlideDog, Paul. Don't hesitate to reach out if you've got suggestions on how we can improve.

Joseph C.

Slide Dog Pro is Rock Solid dependable

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Very favorable. Reliable. I use it mostly as a "slide show" without the other fancy capabilities it has. Also, frequently am using it with outside Zoom virtual participants in addition to the live classroom. After you realize not to hit the "Start Show" button until after you have shared the screen, you win! Also, when done sharing the screen, first hit the "End Show" button before the "stop share" button. Then it is marvelously compatible, both for the classroom participants and for the "zoomies".

Pros

Whatever file format I throw at it , it puts it up on the screen reliably

Cons

Don't use the fancy capabilities it has. My audience is frequently not tech-savvy.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review, Joseph! Excellent summary on how to best use SlideDog with tools like Zoom and Teams!

Egil H.

Simple as Spotify-playlists

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Pros

SlideDog helps you manage your presentations, kind of a Spotify-playlist-maker for PowerPoints and other presentations.

Cons

Not really. There is always some kind of presentations someone uses that's not supported, but since 99 per cent of every presenter is using PowerPoint, PDFs or media files, that's not a problem. Also, check out Preseria from The same company if you organise a lot of events, or huge ones.

Response from Preseria

Thank you very much for the review, Egil!

Nathan W.
  • Used for 2+ years

Jack of trades and MASTER OF ALL.

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

I used SlideDog primarily as a trade show tool, to run presentations using media of all types (power point, still images, videos form manufacturers, etc., websites, etc.). I am very pleased with the product.

Pros

The software will play ANY file format that I have found allowing me to implement some very excellent presentations.

Cons

I have experienced some stability issues. Every now and again the software would hang up and be unrecoverable without a ctrl+alt+del.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for your review Nathan! Happy to hear that SlideDog was useful on your tradeshows!

Julie L.

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

We love how easy this software is to use. Our tech booth is run by volunteers of various ages and adults and children both have no problem using this software.

Pros

We love the ease of use. It's interface is so simple, we have 10 years olds that operate the computer for our Sunday service presentations and they love it.

Cons

The annual cost is high. If there was a one time purchase that wasn't too high we would opt for that.

Response from Preseria

Happy to hear that all your volunteers find SlideDog easy to use!

Robert M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Used since open beta, just gets better and better

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

I have used this product since 2013 and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team do amazing work updating both the client and providing great customer centred support. Super easy to use and train others, and reliably works on almost all devices

Pros

Ease of use, drag and drop files, super helpful support, clear and simple design, updates and patches regularly

Cons

Limited background functionality, video countdown and overlay support not available

Response from Preseria

Thank you so much for being a long time user of SlideDog! Really happy to hear that you've been using it from the start and still are!

Diego C.

Professional Level Presentations!

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

SlideDog was the perfect solution to presenting slideshows, videos, placeholders, and just making our events have a level of professionalism that simply just did not exist prior to finding it.

Pros

I love the fact that you are able to use multiple types of media from different sources. Absolutely love the customization that I can bring to my presentations and events.

Cons

Wish I could use three screens instead of being limited to two screens.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review Diego! In the lastest version of SlideDog, you can actually use it with three screens :-)

Amy F.

Fantastic for church services

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

This program and the business are just wonderful. If there is a problem, they fix it immediately and communicate with you individually.

Pros

I love that I can run my deck from my phone and navigate throughout the deck as needed.

Cons

Occasionally I have to put my pro code back in to keep my pro account open. (But it could be a problem with my laptop)

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review, Amy! Really happy to hear that you think so high of our product and service. We're blushing over here in Oslo, Norway!

Dianne R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

At Last

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

I have been using for 4 years and have become familiar with the software. Help was awesome when Slidedog tech fixed a problem the same day as our show.

Pros

Enabling video, sound and presentation from one computer. Ability to control speed. Ability to set up or change within hours of the show. Working with performers and animals sometimes requires quick solutions and changesI have been usng for four yers

Cons

Sometimes a snag in software if you aren't really careful setting up

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review, Dianne!

Sandy C.

Glad this product exists!

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

The customer service is EXCELLENT. When one feature was not working as expected, I submitted a help ticket. The developer communicated quickly and effectively, found the bug, and issued the software update within days. As of this writing (1/22/21), this product has someone actively maintaining it and providing the best customer service I could ask for.

Pros

1. I can navigate my presentation from one screen while seeing what the viewers see on my other screen. Being new to doing online trainings for clients, this was hugely important to me.
2. I can insert a website into my presentation and the viewers only see the website content, not my entire screen full of way too many tabs, my bookmarks bar, etc.
3. No worries about viewers seeing my desktop image while I navigate between powerpoints, websites, etc.

Cons

The user interface isn't as polished as some software, however this is only what I see and what I care about is what my clients see.

Response from Preseria

Thanks for the review Sandy! Glad the software update made things work for you. Don't hesitate to contact us again if you encounter any other issues or have questions regarding SlideDog :-)

Kirk H.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

Pros

It is a clean and intuitive interface for your slideshow. It is extremely easy to use. In 5 seconds I can teach anyone how to use the program.

Cons

There aren’t nearly as many functions as say ProPesenter.

Response from Preseria

Thank you for the review, Kirk! Glad you find SlideDog easy to use!

Martijn V.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 1+ year

Might be exactly what you need

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

I use slidedog for pitch events where the presentations are always late and always follow each other up and a high tempo. since there is no time to update and individually open the presentations slidedog helps me stich everything together. I can also imagine using it for digital signageVery nice and easy to u

Pros

It's very easy to use software that makes collecting and showing presentations vastly more easy.

Cons

Some slidedog branding remains while using the product.