Google Slides Reviews

Google Slides

4.6 (6,388)
Cloud-based application for creating custom presentations

(6,388)

Corine
  • Used for 1+ year

A Great Alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Google Slides. I think I would prefer Google Slides to Powerpoint, especially because you can access your project from anywhere, since it is on your Google Drive. However, you cannot add to it when you are offline because the changes won't save. Still, it is a great tool for collaborating with others or just sharing your work and presentations with others, so I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it works just as well as Microsoft Powerpoint, but it's free. It has basically all of the same features, and the best part is that it is shareable, like the way you can share Google Docs with other people. This has been really helpful when I had to do group projects and work with other people remotely. It was easier for us to collaborate with Google Slides, and then send the project slides to our teachers very easily with just the access to the link.

Cons

I don't think there is anything negative to say or any cons about this software. It has all of the same features as Powerpoint, including templates, themes, and adding special effects or images or anything else. I think it works even better than Powerpoint because it is very easily shareable. I guess the only thing I would say that I "least like" would be that to change anything, you have to be able to use wifi/the Internet, whereas Powerpoint does not work exclusively online.

Amana

Google slides-Optimum for presentation

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Pros

It's very easy to create slides with Google slides.It is very user friendly.It has a lot of features and templates available.We can create our own templates.It can be accessed from anywhere.Making changes are easy

Cons

I think offline functionality can be increased.

Weirdly enough, Google Slides is better than Google Docs

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

Good enough to replace PowerPoint for almost any slide show we do, with the exception that to this day, working on PowerPoint native is faster when just mocking something up.

Pros

Cloud based is of course helpful, and the feature set is roughly comparable to Microsoft PowerPoint and in some ways better executed -- the auto-snaps of alignment being an example, along with consistency across browsers.

Cons

* The inability to copy material between browsers
* The inability to choose a color in an image as the transparent color
* The inability to set image compression level or resolution in the app
* add pexels & unsplash integrations
* better multi-select object capabilities
* better master template support

cloud-based at the time

the cloud
David
David
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great tool for pitch decks and presentations

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

It’s been great and I love that it’s free too

It’s been great and I love that it’s free too

Pros

The ai tools have been very helpful in finding better formats for things

Cons

Can’t think of much but maybe expand the media library

Beverly
  • Industry: Human Resources

Google slides for life

Reviewed on 02/02/2024

I think it's a great experience because it helps with kids schoolwork and make a research paper looks professional.

Pros

It is a good tool to use if you have a presentation to present. It helps narrow the research down to a minimum for better understanding.

Cons

Not being able to fit the message in the correct boxes. Sometimes its hard to find the volume to add music to a slide for a good research.

Trevor
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Google Slides

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Pros

I like how you can use many different templates if you don't want to start on your own.

Cons

All of the features in google slides are perfectly fine. There are no problems with it.

Autumn
  • Industry: Design

Is google slides good for you

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

I’ve been using it since highschool to get all my projects done and now I use it to help show off my content creating skills

Pros

I love how easy it is to make slides with the templates that you can edit and change and help you sound more professional

Cons

Sometimes trying to upload pictures and modify it to fit on the slide can be a little glitchy

Vikas

Google slides

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Good experience presentation is ready very fast

Good experience presentation is ready very fast

Pros

Last time my boss ask him to ready the presentation. I m ready for presentation google slides my boss is very happy step by step all points are clear slide by slide.

Cons

Easy to use presentation pictures usse and change color and font. Use vertical and horizontal.

Shola
Shola

Alternative option with same efficiency

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

It is great for students and workers who want to be truly efficient at work or study

Pros

I use google slides during my MSc major project, it made me able to finish my project in time.

Cons

It is not accessible offline. The mobile version can be improved upon, because it cannot do what the PC version can do.

Nizar
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The easiest tool for professional presentations making

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

As a trainer from my beginnings until years of training and presentations experience my favorite choice for slides is Google Slides

Pros

The ease of use of Google Slides makes it the best slides making app for presentations

Cons

It's true that Google Slides has a large amount of templates but i believe there could grow more

Great way to create platform-independent presentations and to collaborate

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

My overall experience using Slides has been very positive. I enjoy the cross-platform, free, easily accessible design of this software and I feel the pros significantly outweigh the cons. Even though I have powerpoint installed I only use it if for opening existing presentations I have received from someone else. For be Slides is always the preferred choice when I want to create or edit my own presentations.

Pros

When creating a presentation I have a choice between powerpoint and google slides. I prefer slides because:

- it is free to use
- it works online and I do not need to install anything/have anything installed on my computer
- I have many devices (laptop, desktop, android, iphone) and I can view, use and edit my presentation on any one of those devices
- The interface is easy to use and I can find the features I am looking for typically without significant effort
- If working with someone else, you can collaborate on a project in real time
- You can publish and embed your presentation on a website and share it with people

I also like that the work is saved online so if and when my laptop dies, I do not have to worry about copying files anywhere, my work is safe. Overall there are many pros to using this product.

Cons

As for styling the presentation, the selection of themes is quite limited and I wish there were more options. From a functional standpoint, because of features like real time collaboration, you have to be online to use it. My internet connection is bad and cuts off sometimes, so I have to pause work until it resumes. No connection causes a notification bar to show up saying "trying to connect" and everything becomes disabled until I am online again.

Now preferred over Keynote & Powerpoint

Reviewed on 20/10/2019

Overall, slides deserves great reviews coming from Powerpoint/Keynote. In an environment where presentations are built through collaborative teams daily, it's light, intuitive solution provides a ton of value. Even as a data heavy organization, the challenges of numerical data and visualizations are not disruptive enough to reconsider previous presentation software.

Pros

Coming from hybrid Powerpoint/Keynote environment, we've found the following pros:
The collaboration/commenting/tagging feature is more intuitive and easier to access.
The biggest concern we had in adopting Slides was its ability to deliver offline. We've been pleasantly surprised that functionality is largely maintained when offline and syncs smoothly when back on the web.
Embedding web hosted assets such as YouTube videos, audio files and even large image files are easier to leverage as well as has much less impact on file size.

Cons

The largest challenge faced with Slides thus far has been the integration/ability to leverage Sheets in presentations. Previously, many of the capabilities of Excel such as formula management, chart/graph visualizations has been keys to presentations. That capability isn't there in Slides in to ways: 1) Sheets is still missing some feature parity with Excel. 2) Once you paste or embed a chart or graph in Slides from Sheets, both the data and the labels are difficult to manage.

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

Coming from a Mac/PC environment we were managing 2 different presentation software programs, Keynote & Powerpoint. Even with well built, matching templates, collaboration was difficult, design wasn't consistent and training on both platforms was required.

Reasons for Switching to Google Slides

Compatible with both PC/Mac. Cloud based. Intuitive.
Jim

Google Slides... It Can Do THAT?!?

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

I use Google Slides many times throughout the day and find it a comfortable, affordable alternative to PPT and other similar products.

Pros

Google Slides, at its core, is a presentation software that is part of the Google Suite of Apps. It is comparable in many features and functions to Microsoft PowerPoint. What I love about Google Slides, though, is that it can be used for much more than making, yet another, slide presentation. In my classes (K-6), we learn how Google Slides is great for many non-slide presentation work, including stop motion animation, flyers (from 1-page up to door-sized posters), flash cards, drawing (in many ways able to replace Google Drawings), e-storytelling, and much more.

Cons

In comparison to MS PPT, I would like to see more graphic editing capabilities. In PPT, for example, you can remove the background from a photo... not yet doable within Google Slides.

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

Zero costs involved, better integration with overall applications within a suite of products.

Olivia
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Google Slides for Education

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When used in the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home students are able to collaborate in real time we’re not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share our information easily with my students. Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When using the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home tunes are able to collaborate in real time we’re not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share out information easily with my students.

Pros

Google Slides for educating students allows me to display information in a sequential matter. This helps students stay focused and organized. I can create custom lessons in slides for their distance learning success. Students can also create projects in slides and practice numerous skills needed as 9-10 year olds.

Cons

There are some features that are missing like the ability to use custom fonts from the internet. I miss not being able to use them. I also don’t like the adding an image feature. It’s easier in Microsoft Power Point.

Google Slides are a Fun Instructional Tool

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I am super happy about using Slides for teaching everyday!

I am super happy about using Slides for teaching everyday!

Pros

I can't say enough positive things about Google Slides! Slides are a great instructional tool where I can design them to engage my students; I can even add animated pictures. I use slides every day to teach in distance learning and it keeps my special education students engaged. Students love how animated and colorful slides can be. I even use them to create virtual escape rooms and games. I really like that I can hyperlink videos to pictures and add Youtube videos. The possibilities are endless.

Cons

I think Google thought of everything possible regarding slides, even to allow me to publish my slides and share them with others. I don't dislike anything about Slides.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

Our district purchased Google suite, so I took advantage of using them. I also saw how other teachers were using the slides to teach and I loved it when I tried using them.

Microsoft Project
Ozlem

Just Present It

Reviewed on 20/03/2021

Overall It is really useful software with tiny drawbacks. It would probably fulfil all of your needs without any problems. It is also free and easy to access. The interface is very simple to use so you wouldn't struggle to find the functions you need.

Pros

It is really useful to be able to share a slide show with a colleague or someone else to get help and work together. You can easily access this software through a browser so you don't have to download any programs which is an extremely important pro. And it is also very easy to prepare a slide show since the interface is so simple. As this software is also designed by Google, it allows you to connect your Google Docs and Sheets files. You can also try creating images and saving them in picture format, this is an amazing luxury to have when you don't have access to different software.

Cons

I don't have huge problems with Google Slides, but I think that animation editing could be improved since you don't have many choices to customize. Besides, there is not much you can do when you want to insert a video that is unavailable on Youtube.

Gregor
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's good, but I do prefer Powerpoint

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

We do a weekly company-wide presentation which I regularly contribute my own slides too. Additionally, I use it for team presentations, and also as a mechanism to collate my own thoughts and research on work projects into something more stream-lined.

Pros

As with all of Google's software, it's so easy to use Google Slides across teams, across countries and across companies. We can work independently on the slides we will present, and then someone else can go in and tidy the whole thing up. It saves so much time compared to Powerpoint, which is great. It's also easy to duplicate and copy slides, including from other presentations, which is super helpful. I also like how easy it is to add comments and to tag people. We integrate it very nicely into Slack, making the process of making presentations hugely stream-lined and efficient. I also like that the red lines appear to show you when you have lined up a picture or text box correctly with the rest of the slide.

Cons

I find it really difficult to create the style of slide that I want - I feel that Powerpoint has a broader selection of templates and it is easier to design a slick and stylish slide through Powerpoint. I often revert to copying templates made by colleagues, and I honestly cannot work out how they made them, despite being proficient in Powerpoint. There's not great support online with this in my opinion. Also, I find it frustrating that my formatting jumps around so much when I change the template. Finally, it's annoying that the layout doesn't appear the same when I run a presentation as when I look at the slide while editing it.

• Industry: Food Production

Most Ultimate Trusted Online Alternatives for Your Presentation Needs 2023

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

Final Conclusion of the Upsides and downsides of Google SlidesRegardless of the couple of cons, Google Slides is an incredible approach to rapidly make introductions without learning complex programming for nothing. This Ideal for those need to share their work continuously effortlessly or don't want to approach other rigid and complex programming sofwares. In the event that you're searching for something easy to use and express –represent your views and thoughts with a large number of layouts and pro options accessible, Google Slides is an extraordinary and 100% decision.

Pros

Google Slides is an extreme true and trusted alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint, at a great cost (almost free!, without cost for Personal use). I energetically suggest it on the off chance that you don't have PowerPoint, or on the other hand assuming that you want to team up on a show with sharing your knowledge and expertise in more efficient and effective way.1. Truly Sensible Cost and Reasonable PricingThe cost is a clear ace of Google Slides. For Individual and business use, Google Slides is allowed to utilize. There are other business standard plans that incorporates the Google Working environment suite, however those costs are sensible contrasted with the other option accessible in the business sectors.2. Easy to understand Point of interaction between team and team memberIt's very user friendly and very easy to figure out solutions of any problems regarding your presentation and it’s very easy to how to utilize and explore the software in complete manner. The options and tools are incorporated in Pro manner in comparison to others alternatives available in the markets.3. Cherry on the Top of the Cake (Just like a Pro)You can implant recordings and photographs in your slides.Consistent network and co-ordination to other Google Applications like Google Sheets, Gmail, and then some others.There are an assortment of additional items and expansions you can use to improve your slides.Various types of tailor made Templates are available for you and your team.

Cons

ConsI truly can't imagine anything that I could have done without about Google Slides in 2023, however maybe it very well may be improved assuming it had a choice of designs and more layouts in comparison to the others programming choices accessible like MS Powerpoint, Canva, Visme, and Beautiful.ai.It makes them miss highlights contrasted with MS Powerpoint however more significantly its limited to those having google accounts and expects admittance to the web consistently. Activity and changes can be interesting to dominate.It makes them miss highlights contrasted with MS Powerpoint however more significantly its confined to those having google accounts and expects admittance to the web consistently.Your introductions will be facilitated on Google's servers, which could be a worry for certain individualsYou can get to research Slides with a Google Record.

Jordan
Jordan

Collaborative Presentation for the People

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

My overall experience has been nothing but mostly positive. Please implement version control in the future though!

Pros

As with most of Google products, I love that it's collaborative and the price-point is right (free). Where I was prepping for school presentations, work presentations or making a process doc Google slides has never failed me. It's also used at most big companies, startups, and advertising agencies alike.

Cons

The only caveat with Google products is always the question of privacy and version control. The main question is, "how do I know that this is safer than non-cloud presentation software". There's always a risk when using any cloud-based software, but it's a valid question to ask yourself.

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

Ability to collaborate in real-time.

Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Google Slides

Price-point and collaboration features.
angel

Efficient and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

I really enjoy using Google slides every time I have to make a presentation because of how simple and easy the process is. Although I did take note of somethings that could be improved, I think that those things will not be an impediment to my using of Google Slides. I can see very evidently the benefits of Google Slides on my academic life as my teachers are always commenting on how well organized my presentation. But this is all thanks to Google Slides for offering their services for free!

Pros

I have always used Google Slides every since I was required to make a presentation. I absolutely love using google slides for school presentations and other informal and formal features because it is so simple and so easy to use. Whether you are a beginner in making presentations or an expert at doing this, there will always be something for everyone. Beginners have access to basic templates that cover a wide range of topics like lesson plans, book reports, field trips, science projects, and promotions, etc.

My favorite feature is being able to edit at the same time as other people especially when I have online school and we get assigned projects, it is challenging for everyone to be on the same page and to work together because we have to stay home. Google slides, however, allowing multiple users to work on the same slide allowed for better communication and understanding of what the group wanted to do.

Another feature that I find really useful is being able to make a custom background. Sometimes the templates don't fit my topic so I start with a blank template and I choose a gradient or a light-colored background that fits well.

Cons

There two things that I think could be improved but neither of these things will prevent me from using Google Slides extensively in the future. The first is that I wish there could more PowerPoint templates available either formal or informal. I like the current templates as they are very useful, but it would be nice to see something different, like backgrounds that connect with children so perhaps like an animal template.
The second thing is that I wish there are more transitions but this doesn't really impact me that much.

Make Meeting more productive

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

Its great, the best part is that I can not only make changes on any device, but everything is synced up on the cloud. I can access my files anywhere by logging into my Google account from any device.

Pros

Whenever you are speaking with someone externally (like a potential client), it becomes very important for you to put your best foot forward. Google slides lets me create presentations and share it with my team, get instant feedback (or I could also collaborate with multiple colleagues to design the perfect design/messaging). The ability to use your mobile phone as a clicker is also quite helpful if you end up being in a large board room and someone just worry who will change the slide on queue. The speaker mode also allows you to view your notes (much more easier if you have two screens) simultaneously which makes it so much easier for me to make sure I haven't missed anything or if I just want to remind myself to ask a question or take a pause so that I don't get lost in the flow.

I also like the feature when you copy a particular presentation it asks you if you want the speaker notes copied (incase you have confidential information in your version but want to share a different file with an external person)

Cons

On a single screen the speaker notes, especially if you are using a video conference tool the window just not go into full present mode, you can see the URL there so its not a fully immersive experience. (doesn't happen on 2 screens)

• Industry: Design

The Best Free Presentation App for Everyone

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I use it for design presentations, and I really don't need to pay for a paid Software because Google Slides is 100% Free and I saved a lot of time because everything is happening in the cloud and the app is very fast and easy to use.
I hope Google will add more features always to help us create and design some cool presentations for work or for school and we will do our best to recommend this App to our friends and family members because it's a high-quality app and everyone needs to use it.

Pros

I like it because It's 100% Free to use and all I need is a Gmail account.
I like it because it offers a lot of professional tools with a user-friendly interface.
It's for everyone who needs to do a professional presentation for work, school, or business...etc.
I like it because I can share my files with anyone and It's very easy to use the sharing option.
I like the autosave function because I don't need to save my presentation every time I make a change to it.
Everything is happening in the cloud and no need to save large files on your PC or Laptop.
I really don't need to be afraid or panic to lose my important presentations because it's saved directly in Google servers.
It's easy to use and no need to have skills to design a slide show because Google Slides offer a large selection of templates you can use.
I can use my mobile device to access my presentations and edit them too without the need to bring my laptop to work or school...etc.
I can modify, edit, create any presentation I want for free and in minutes without the need to install any large software on my Laptop or PC.
I can use my Gmail to integrate with Google Slides and access my work anywhere.
Google support is one of the best and they have a lot of tutorials and articles about almost everything you can do with Google Slides also you can find a lot of videos around the internet to show you how to fix any problem or teach you how to do something.

Cons

I need the internet always to save and access my work in the cloud and I really hope Google can give us a better option soon.
I hope they can give us more free presentation templates to work with because It's very to edit and no need to create them from scratch.
Hope they can add more effects and transitions from a designer point of view.

Aki
  • Industry: Chemicals

Google Slides - A Collaborative Alternative to Powerpoint

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

We've increased Team Collaboration with Google Slide. Compared to Powerpoint where we are having hard time keeping the most updated version, Google Slide can be accessed by everyone at the same time while keeping only one version. The overall experience has been very pleasant.

Pros

Our company is using Google Suite (now Workspace) for some time and we've been promoting the use of Google Slides, which, I believe, is a better alternative to MS Powerpoint.

Just imagine Powerpoint that you can run everyone just by internet and browser. Also, you don't have to take care of the versioning and you don't have to attach and send it to everyone.

Using Google Slide, a link is shared to all team members, and all of you can edit "at the same time". Version history is kept, so you call roll back or roll forward if there is a version you want to retain.

Google Slide can also be linked to Google Sheets if you want to have a graph taken from a data in sheets. It is fully in-sync, and any changes in data will reflect as well in Google Slide graph.

Overall, with the trend of everyone working remotely, Google Slide can be considered a game-charger. I would recommend people to learn it as early as now.

Cons

So far, the only thing we are having difficulty with is that it's from Google. You might have difficulty collaborating if you have colleagues in China. Other than that, I find Google Slide a perfect tool that you can add to your team collaboration arsenal.

Microsoft 365

Luis

Ideal solution to work in collaboration

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

In overall, is a great solution that allows you to work easily and in collaboration. It is a very simple solution to obtain great results

Pros

Google Slides is the best solution to work in collaboration to preapre and share any presentation, through out your organization's team or any other external. In collaboration it allow you to simultaneous review, add, erase and edit any kind of information at the same time. Also, as you work, all editing is being safed automatically, so you will not to worry about saving manually everytime the file.

Another great part in the integration between the other solutions of google (docs and sheets), as you can information directly and update it if in the other files where also updated.

For last, you can add access control to feel safe about who can access and/or edit the file.

Cons

It is possible to struggle a little with the max size of the file, it have a limit at the moment. On the other hand, the convertion to Microsoft PowerPoint sometimes affect the format you are using through the slide, it is important to have it defined.

Aaron
Aaron
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Take Creativity to a New Level with Google Slides

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

My overall experience has been very positive. I am always looking for ways to allow my students to show their creativity. Writing can get a little boring at times for many students, but with the offerings of Google Slides, even my most reluctant writers are excited to come up with new stories and ideas.

Pros

Google Slides allows so much opportunity for students to be creative. Essentially it is like PowerPoint, but it is much more user friendly and allows for so many more options. Students can add pictures, text, links, etc. I have had students write stories on this and they have a great time doing it. They add a few sentences on each slide with text and add pictures. The pictures can be changed to do special effects like spinning or disappearing. This allows students to do all sorts of fun and creative things.

There are also opportunities for outside the box thinking. I have had my students use Google Slides to make a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story. They write a story and then at the end they create a link to two different endings. These endings are shown on different slides and the user can click on the ending that they choose. This has been a very fun experience!

Cons

There is a small learning curve with Google Slides. Students will need some practice with learning the different skills. Some of the capabilities are unknown until it is introduced to the student . So the teacher has to do some extra planning to make sure this is done correctly. But considering all that it has to offer, Google Slides is a must in the classroom for creative thinkers!