Akaunting

Accounting software for small and midsize businesses

4.1/5
3.7/5
4.0/5
2.8/5

21 Reviews for UK Users

Akauting review by [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

I managed to follow my accounts easily. From my personal point of view, Akaunting allows small and medium-sized businesses to control their accounts more easily without having to resort to an accountant within the company. The question that must be asked now is whether it is an application intended for large companies.

Pros

Akaunting is really easy to install and configure. Developers make the best features available to users.

Cons

Secondary applications developed by community developers are always expensive. To have the best features, you have to pay a lot more

Zoho CRM and SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to Akaunting

I chose Akaunting for the free first functionalities of an accounting software that it offers
Michael S.

A small businesses friend that doesn't break the bank

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Akounting is what Quickbooks should be for small business. (And I don't mean that as a slight). I'm not an accountant, but can use this to run two small business and do what i need year-round and at tax season, and I didn't need to take online classes ,watch hour long videos, or read books to get going. It just works. Anyone considering Quickbooks for anything under a million dollar business - should give this a shot first. Quickbooks seems to be targeting NetSuite these days, and that leaves out anyone who doesn't have a full-time accountant and finance team (and I.T. honestly). Not to mention the price of Quickbooks is just insane. This is a great program/platform/whatever you want to call it.

Pros

Anyone can just get going with this in half an hour. I've used it now for two years making incremental improvements in how I operate in it. I'm not an expert, and I've tried Quickbooks (and actually use it at another business). Akaunting is so pleasant compared to that mess. I will openly admit I use this mostly for accounts receivable and payable, not some of the more advanced stuff, but it's interesting since as I use it, I sort of learn more about things I 'could do' to make my life easier. I love it, and has a powerful, but un -intimidating feature-set. Its priced right too, and loved the free version for a while as it let me learn and really do what I mostly wanted for free.

Cons

Though this is a winner for me, there are a few annoyances I wish they would address. 'Batch changes' are a problem. So about a year in I figured out how I wanted to use categories to help me better at the end of the year. Well, you can't select transactions in batch and change categories. Instead you have to one by one click transactions and change each one on its own. This just isn't going to happen. Second, and sort of part of #1, I'm using their cloud version which is great, but its not the most responsive and speedy. So addressing my category problem would take me forever if I did this. Third, and I don't use it, but have thought of using it. The report system seems either way to complex, or inept. I'm not sure. Basically for tax season I wanted to run a few spending reports on a few categories. This seemed not possible. or at least not intuitively possible - but i may be wrong.

Christopher E.

Great FREE Cloud Accounting Software With A BIG BUT

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

Overall, I am happy with the platform as it serves its' purpose for what I am using right now but unfortunately for the long run, I will move to a more advance and better platform such as Xero or Quickbooks.

Pros

FREE. I think this is the most User friendly FREE cloud accounting software. Easy to navigate and good enough for those who just wanted to track their finances.

Cons

Bankfeeds. There are no automatic feed from banks and most advance features are add on to the platform, thus it would be a big downfall as it could start adding up when you want to add additional features.

Juan T.
  • Industry: Wholesale

A great budget sulution but...

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Has fulfilled our started process but with many limitations. Basic support should be included no matter if reply takes long but should be there.

Pros

Is free, you can grow it when need it and provides a good start for your business

Cons

Basic support is not available. The cheapest support is expensive. You only get support for the addons so you are quite stuck if you ever face a problem because you can only rely on forum which works the way Akaunting wants... these means that you will not find what you need or at least in our case is very limited

Cynthia G.

Best Accounting Solution for Start Up

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

Really good. I like that I can manage multiple businesses with it

Pros

This accounting software is easy to use, you can start for free and upgrade from there which makes it the perfect solution for start ups.

Cons

The option for quotation or estimates as to be purchased.

Scott C.

The Only Alternative to Big Name Packages

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

The concept of a true alternative to big names, especially in Canada, is almost impossible. So, I jumped at the chance to try this software. I really like that it's open source and I respect the option to pay for abscess features. Initially, I found it very buggy and many apps are very limited in functionality but I have high hopes for the future and I am still able to use it for my daily accounting. It's come a long way already: I started with it in Sept 2021 and had daily problems ... now (Apr 2022) I'm using it daily and the only problems are limits on features (ex. Allowing negative values, having tax as a line item, etc.). Support is very hit-and-miss - if developers would reply to emails or respond to forum posts, I would give full marks. But, as with a lot of open source, you get what you pay for.

Pros

While all other software is moving to public cloud to store sensitive data, Akaunting gives you the option to download and install to your server for a private cloud installation. For this reason alone, Akaunting is my only choice for accounting software.

Cons

Being under frequent development, there can be a bug and getting support for core functions is almost impossible. Support for paid apps is included and any apps made by Akaunting are well supported - i get responses/resolutions within the week - but apps made by private parties get limited support. I've been waiting over 6 months for action on a ticket I filed. Also, support for the core is almost impossible to get - I can't get a reply on support forums or by email.

Chaman S.

Loving the ease of use!

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

I use this for 2 business i own, and am very happy with the experience overall.

Pros

The software is easy to use, with simple steps to customize your invoices and information.

Cons

The delay in processing invoice, takes few seconds to search a customer (sometimes it doesnt appear) and takes few seconds to generate an invoice and to add payments.

MYOB Business

Reasons for Switching to Akaunting

Price
Florian G.

Easy to use accounting software

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

My experience with Akaunting so far has been very satisfactory.
I previously used the cloud hosted version and switched to the self hosted version after a while.

Pros

I like the ease of use, which is the basic idea behind the software.
Furthermore, the user interface is very nice and tidy and leaves nothing to be desired.

Cons

I haven't really come across anything yet that would really bother me about this software.

Tom V.
  • Industry: Accounting

The best for our Theatre and me

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Pros

Easy to use daily, easy to sent data to our head acciuntant

Cons

Nothing so far, we are happy like it is,

Thabiso M.

Happy user and consultant in product

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

The amount of customisations that one can do is a winner for me.

Pros

Ease of use, beautiful UI.
Straight forward functionality and well written documentation.

Cons

Own server installation is always a pain.

Greg P.
  • Industry: Machinery

not great product

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

not a great software, we need to get some other solution for incoming year

Pros

typical view as per most of the softwares for the same use

Cons

many faults, cna stop working any time what was happened many times already

Mark R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Self Hosted Review

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

Terrible in one word but deserving so many more words.

Pros

When it worked it was very good but it did not for very long. Friendly customer service that gets nowhere.

Cons

Constant failing updates leaving broken install, requiring re install, Credit card isn't treated as an account as a liability requiring the purchase of Double Entry extension. Backup app didn't work when needed (NEED I say more on this!!). Slow developer acknowledgement of issues, even slooower resolution. Emailed Invoices for Apps at one price but actually at another. Closing tickets without a resolution requiring another ticket.

Andrew B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Simple and Efective

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

Very east to use and fast to generate invoices and the Dashboard gives a good overview of the finances.

Pros

Very user friendly by being easy to use and provides all a small business needs in accounting.

Cons

We had a problem with the recurring invoices as they would be generated on the wrong days so showed incorrect dates for the service provided to clients.

• Industry: Accounting

The worst after sale support ever

Reviewed on 08/01/2022

Do not ever never try to buy this software or to pay money with any of its apps

Pros

cheap price & nothing else
This was a mistake that i will never repeat

Cons

Everything I dislike cause of unprofessional & unpolite way of support " i can send you all tickets i opened with them & their reply "

Mauricio A.

A great financial tracking platform

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

I love the platform. I will keep using it.

Pros

The ease of use and configuration got me sending my 1st invoice in minutes. I love that the system will send due invoices reminders to clients, simplifying my process.

Cons

Invoice design template is not very accurate.

Álvaro C.

Good solution, great price.

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

We were surprised for the features available, considering the investment needed. But, once you go deeper in the features and apps, some needs are missed. The system could have an option for premium support for new feature's development.

Pros

It has good features and flexibility for a very reasonable price.

Cons

Should have an "SuperAdmin" user option, to manage multiple companies inside the system.
Inside Search feature is quite basic.

Tim C.

Accounting software does what you want and no less

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

The software does what it claims, does not crash, is easy to use, so I like it.

Pros

Very easy to generate and send invoices

Cons

User interface could be improved to be a little more modern

Maarten W.
  • Industry: Media Production

Easy to use accounting software!

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Pros

The free version is very good and complete already, and the software is user friendly

Cons

Sometimes, other software might have more features

Deon D.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Very nice and easy to use thank you

Pros

Invoicing helps a lot, pre-configured and auto send to email

Cons

A little more customizability with invoice look and layout

Sergio M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Nunca compren los modulos de akauting

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

No lo recomiendo, son estafadores. No lo usen jamas podrán evolucionar con su empresa en el tema de cartera o inventarios etc... Porque al comprar los modulos NO SIRVEN. Parecen hechos por niños que no conocen el manejo empresarial.

Pros

Nada, porque al momento de comprar y usar los complementos no sirven para nada.

Cons

Que los complementos no sirven para nada, se pierde el dinero y el servicio de soporte nunca responde. Son unos estafadores. Desactivaron mi cuenta con dos modulos siendo como 270 dolares invertidos y votados a la basura.

Paulo B.

Visão geral da Akaunting

Reviewed on 28/03/2022

Controle financeiro e de vendas são os pontos principais que ele tem nos ajudado.

Pros

A aparência é limpa e a usabilidade é bastante intuitiva.

Cons

Fácil de usar e possui muitos módulos complementares.