Keynote

Software for creating and editing custom presentations

5.0/5

François L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

More over Poser Point

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

I have been using Keynote since 2005. The adaptation period (coming form PowerPoint) was about 3 weeks.
Never looked back.
Each time I have to use PowerPoint because a client want to use the presentation on a PC reminds me how awful PP is compare to Keynote.
Keynote is a professional presentation software and anybody I know who has used it does not want to go back to Powerpoint

Pros

Very sophisticated yet easy to use
User interface is vastly superior to Powerpoint
Easily convertible to Ppt format if required.
Compatible with ppt format
Super animations
Fully compatible with the rest of the Apple suite
Using Keynote with a projector is a breeze!

Cons

File size is surprisingly high.
Some bullet are not reproduced adequately when importing to ppt format
Imported files for ppt format sometimes have to be rearranged
Font compatibility between ppt files

Reasons for Switching to Keynote

Keynote is Free with he purchase of a Mac. Updates are free and so are upgrade. Amazing product with it usability and most importantly the end results : presentations are stunning!
Angelo F.

Great tool for presentations

Reviewed on 06/03/2022

Pros

Keynote is a great tool to build presentations. Intuitive and with the necessary features to create good material

Cons

Some innovative features that I value are not supported by the application, which makes it lag behind some alternatives

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Just a Little Bit Nicer Than the Others

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Keynote helps me look more professional than my solopreneur operation would naturally allow. I can quickly turn out great looking pieces of content. Keynote appears to be less known or used which is to my advantage because I often get compliments and requests to know what I used that leads to more client engagement.

Pros

The templates are top notch and make it really easy and intuitive to put together a classy, high quality presentation easily. As most of my work world moved to Zoom (and is planning to stay), being able to quickly create backgrounds, visual cueing and information sharing has been critical. There are lots of slide presentation apps but Keynote's taste and layout suggestions are just a bit nicer. I consistently get feedback and requests for "tips" about how I got my slides to look so good.

Cons

Converting Keynote slides into Google Slides takes a couple of steps to work around. You can covert directly in app to PowerPoint, .pdf, .gifs, etc but not Slides yet, which is the most common request from my end users.

Matej P.

Best for Mac users

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Keynote is a great tool for presentations, but not the one I use the most. The only reason for that is the fact that our company usually demands presentation files for Powerpoint or links to Google Slides. Converting files then becomes somewhat of a hassle. Otherwise, it is really easy to set up slides. I use Keynote whenever I can present from my computer.

Pros

It works seamlessly with any Apple device. Design options are superior to Google Slides or Powerpoint. I can move slides with my Apple watch!

Cons

I like Keynote, but only use it when I am 100 % certain I would be able to use my computer to present. If that is not the case, I usually do the presentation in Google Slides. I am not too happy with exporting to other formats (due to some minor design changes).

Annie H.

As Easy t

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

Pros

I'm a big fan of Keynote. I think it's the easiest application to create beautiful presentations.
It has a lot of features that can make my life easier. For example, Keynote allows me to embed videos and photos into my slides. I can even record myself presenting the slide show and then, I can send the link to my clients.

Cons

Native templates are a bit poor, but you can find awesome ones on the net.

Easy and elegant presentations

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Pros

I have not used a lot of Keynote, but from my short experience I can say that it is really a great program as it is very simple to use but above all it allows you to make very beautiful presentations in a short time. A really effective tool

Cons

In my opinion it has nothing to improve, I have always found myself very well

Chiara P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Best tool for presentation

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Pros

Offers best tool for create immersive presentations.

Cons

it would be useful to have Keynote for Windows as well.

Duncan N.
  • Industry: Publishing

good software

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Pros

easy to use with lots of built in features and templates

Cons

incompaterbillity across operating platforms

Giuseppe N.

Great choice for presentations

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

Pros

offers all the features to create beautiful and immersive presentations thanks to the great work done by Apple.

Cons

for the use I made of it, I found no defects

Javier M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Keynote is the perfect option for those that aren't graphic designers

Reviewed on 18/04/2022

Even when the main use of this software is to create slideshows, if you master it enough , it can become your main graphic design tool, specially if you need to make graphics for your live streaming or create a small intro for your show (my case).
If you're a mac user, switch to Keynote. It has more integration to other apps and between devices (you can control your slideshows on a mac using your iPhone app, either using bluetooth or Wifi. That features is really cool.

Pros

The interface is easier to understand that powerpoint, and has a lot of more features. It's important to clarify that this is an Apple product, available on Macs, iPhones and iPads. There's an option to access Keynote from a web browser on a PC once you setup an iCloud account, so you can create / modify files from the web, but it will depend of your browser and internet connection.

Cons

It's Mac / iOS only, doesn't have a PC app. A desktop app for PC integrated to an iCloud account would be great to attract PC users

Steve C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Keynote - great for pastors!

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

On the whole, it's been helpful, but I definitely prefer both PowerPoint and Slides over Keynote.

Pros

I love the aesthetically pleasing templates that Keynote offers you when choosing to create a presentation! Of all the options, Keynote definitely looks the best.

Cons

I don't like the need to (apparently) constantly update the app on my laptop. One time, I failed to update Keynote for a long period of time (my fault, I admit), but it really screwed up my ability to access older presentations.

Reasons for Choosing Keynote

I made the switch because I switched from a PC to a Mac.

Guadalupe R.
  • Industry: Research

Keynote is everything you need

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

I love Keynote for creating and editing not only my presentations but documents in general. It gives me creative freedom to play with the design and I can have all my important documents in several formats in a single one. The animations are on point and just what I need nothing too explosive but a simple and easy tool to highlight my points. I enjoy all the tools and how I can add all my external tools and formats while working on it.

Pros

I love working with Keynote for creating all kinds of documents. The formats and variations between them are easy to follow. I have the freedom to be creative when editing and developing my presentations, documents and even personal albums.

Cons

It might be a bit weird starting to create your presentations if you are used to pre-created formats. Sometimes it feels like you don't know how to start

Azeem T.

It is more than just a Presentation Software

Reviewed on 09/04/2022

I am able to turn around faster, think clearer and experiment with agility.

Pros

There's never been a product easier than Keynote I have ever used in my entire career.
I use Keynote for presentations, pitch templates, UI design, graphic designing and sometimes video as well. This software is simple by design and just lets you experiment by giving a blank canvas.

For creative people, sometimes not having a bunch of templates is a boon because it frees you up from restrictions imposed by simply looking at a template and how it can be. Keynote let's you CREATE and that's the best part about it.

Cons

With more shapes and pre-loaded media, Keynote could go to a whole new level altogether. But other than that, there's nothing missing with Keynote.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Keynote vs Powerpoint

Reviewed on 20/02/2022

Pros

Keynote is the best software for presentations. Period!. I had been using Powerpoint as I was a Windows user, but I actually changed to Mac mainly because I wanted to use Keynote. Yes, I do many presentations!

Keynote is very easy to use, it's feature-rich and has the best UX in software like this.

Cons

Not many... Perhaps I miss tools for simple photo-editing within the app.

Mario S.

Keynote review

Reviewed on 06/03/2022

Presentation are built easily and are more attractive than PowerPoint

Pros

Easy to use. Can use transparency in graphics

Cons

Export to PowerPoint for others destroys effects

Reasons for Choosing Keynote

System Switch

Reasons for Switching to Keynote

First I thought to stick to PowerPoint, but Keynote is built-in so I tried it.
Cory H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Transition from my youth

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Love it. Glad to have it included with my Mac. I definitely wouldn't purchase Powerpoint. I would consider buying keynote if it didn't come free.

Pros

I am a die hard apple fan. I have only ever owned a Mac desktop or laptop. That being said, I grew up on Powerpoint. I like the cleaner look than the old versions of powerpoint I used to use. Even using powerpoint on a Mac, always had a very "PC" vibe to it. Creating slides is very simple. I don't have much of a need for presentations now, but I think it would be very easy to hit the ground running.

Cons

My only con completely contradicts my pros. When I was in school, we used a lot of powerpoint. I was constantly looking for the old features instead of getting used to the new, cleaner layout. I think it would just take a presentation or two for a long time Microsoft user to get used to Keynote.

Denisse B.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Keynote is everything you need

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

I love Keynote, is my day-to-day helper. I can create fast presentations for those unexpected meetings, have all my protocols in order and get access to them from all my devices and in all document types

Pros

Is it great! I love all the features and the capabilities to create many documents from fun photo albums to formal presentations. It is very intuitive so, I can make my job very fast and still have time for other activities. The conversion between several document types works great and the sharing option helps me a lot in rush meeting

Cons

To me, the animations are pretty simple and block a bit the creativity while trying to impress and retain attention

John W.

Simply the best presentation package.

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

Keynote has made creating presentations an effortless process. I would not trade it for any other presentation product.

Pros

I love how easy Keynote is to use. It allows me to focus on my presentation and not on figuring out the software.

Cons

I always have to save my gorgeous Keynote presentation as a Powerpoint because the venue I am presenting at doesn't support Keynote.

Llanoi W.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Keynote Review

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Pros

This software proved to be an easy to use and efficient platform to create content for presentations. Notes, images and audio are easy to be added. It provides cool animations and smooth transitions.

Cons

No noteworthy issues have been identified so far.

Larissa V.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Allows the creation of beautiful materials

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Pros

Keynote allows you to create beautiful materials, with detailed tools that no other presentation software has. I can create presentations that bring engagement because of the design details that Keynote brings.

Cons

The fact that only those who have a MacBook can use it is a disadvantage when I need to work on shared documents, making it difficult for many people to access. In addition, presentations tend to take up a lot of storage, and it is sometimes necessary to use Keynote through iCloud, with extremely limited resources, making my work difficult.

Miguel E.

Beautiful, Simple, Effective for presentations on a snap

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Use it for presentations on a snap. Really easy to use with very nice transitions

Pros

simplicity in the learning curve and nice transitions

Cons

It is a linear way to present, one slide after the other like passing pages. I would like something more fluid and inmersive sort of like a prezi with the ease of use of Keynote
I will like to see more templates included within.

Omar R.

Much better than others

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

For me is an essential tool.
Sometimes I have to use PowerPoint because of the application and I realize that Keynote is much better in every way. It is much more accurate when working with images, the quality of the fonts, in general you get a much more professional result.

Pros

I love the high quality of the result, the presentations in keynote looks much professional than in Power Point.

Cons

The fact that only Mac users can use it.

Best visual presentations software

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

KeyNote allows me to have unlimited creativity both on video editing and Graphic Design

Pros

I thing KeyNote takes the cup mostly on visual side on presentation software:
- The user interface is not intimidating it is user friendly and it is easy to navigate and search for tools.
- The 3D chart animation makes an impressive presentation.
- The animation tools such as building, actions and built out, multiple objects, motion paths, magic move produce an engaging content from 2D motion graphic to customized Gif cards or Gif posts.
- The software has amazing preset templates for different type of presentations.
- Background image removal tool saves time instead of taking image to professional photo software first.

Cons

- The keynote is only accessible to Mac users.
- The KeyNote limits on exporting file types compared to its competitor's softwares.

Hasan F.

Helps to focus on the story telling

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

There's no alternative if you own a Mac. It's not receiving annual updates and it has started to look old, but I love it and use it every month.

Pros

How user-friendly it is. Super easy to add images and details, align them, and create various slides. Creating visuals is not my strength and I use Keynote to create posters too. I started using Canva recently but I still feel more comfortable with Keynote.

Cons

It would be great if it had more templates and more styles. I've purchased some PowerPoint template and it works ok with Keynote, but I'd rather have access to more default templates when creating a new file.

Alejandro A.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great way to improve your presentations

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

The presentations look very clean and the asthetic are great.

Pros

You can edit your presentations without internet, no problems with attachment of audio o video files.

Cons

At the beginning is not very intuitive, can be improved the tutorials.