Xtensio

Data visualization and presentation software

4.2/5

175 Reviews for UK Users

Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Electronic Media Kit

Reviewed on 20/03/2023

We are a start-up craft brewery. I wear a lot of hats. I needed something that I can control, edit easily, distribute, and make it look like our product. Xtensio made that pretty darn easy.

Pros

Xtensio gave me what I was looking for - a customizable Media Kit template that I can share with our media contacts. I can now share press releases, images, video, etc. in our media outreach. That we were able to do this as quickly as we did surprised the rest of the team.

Cons

A minor issue but the application could be a bit more intuitive. Customer Service was on hand to answer my questions.

Ron
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Communication made easy

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Overall,my experience with Xtensio has been very good, from the product through customer service. On a recent business trip, I used a presentation that I had stored on Xtensio. When participants asked me for a copy, all I had to do was copy that link from Xtensio and paste it into an email!
Very efficient.

Pros

For me, Xtensio is an easy-to-use app that lets me create marketing document, presentation and attachments easily, with a minimum of effort. The fact that I can include my Xtensio publication as a link in an email or text message is a big plus. People that I contact also appreciate the ability to click on the link in my email and see the document I'm referencing. Above all, ease of composition.

RG

Cons

No cons. Frankly, I have never used a piece of software that was so easy to set up and use.

Response from Fake Crow

Hi Ron,

It's great to hear that Xtensio has been such a great fit for your marketing efforts! That's exactly what we love to hear :)

Thanks for the 5 stars!

Cheers,

Louise
  • Used for 1-5 months

The worst customer service - deleted all my work!

Reviewed on 23/02/2019

Pros

Nothing - they have caused me nothing but problems

Cons

The fact that I spent 12 hours working to a deadline using the tool to create persona's, and then asked to cancel my rolling conscription as I only needed the service as a one-off. Before I had time to download the personas in a PDF format, my account was simply DELETED. I received an email from someone explaining that they don't allow you to cancel your subscription and then continue using the product for the remaining time in the month that you have already paid for.

Before I had a chance to see and reply to the email, I was given 48 hours warning, supposedly, my account and all the work I had completed for a client and their deadline for the last two days was gone.

I actually cannot believe that a company could actually be so tight-fisted to do that to freelancers. Absolutely disgusted.

Of course, I have invoiced Xtensio for my lost work, but I doubt I'll ever get any remuneration from them unless I pursue legal action directly.

Do yourself a favour - avoid this scam!

Response from Fake Crow

Hi Louis,

We're very sorry to hear about your frustration!

We reply to all cancellation requests noting that we will do so within 48 hours. This policy is outlined on our site and terms, but we do note that you can reply within 24 hours if you change your mind and want to keep your account active. Since you replied before that time we had not moved forward with deleting your team yet.

It seems that there was some confusion because you were logged into your personal dashboard instead of your custom team dashboard where you had been creating your folios. I hope my instructions helped you get to your team dashboard and find these folios.

Just to clarify a bit more, if you'd like to download but don't plan on using the platform in your regular workflow, you can always purchase export credits without upgrading to one of our premium plans. These credit purchases are a one-time payment, will never expire from your account and allow you to export 10 downloads.

Lauren

Pooja
  • Industry: Design

Great way to be creative

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

great experience, ease in use

great experience, ease in use

Pros

templates for persona was a great way to incorporate designs into websites

Cons

nothing much, I havent come across any such things

Isabelle
  • Industry: Information Services

Information Architect

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Very hood

Very hood

Pros

Easy to use. Good for data and informational architecture

Cons

Sometimes hard to get all the platforms to look alike

Devendra
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Wonderful to have this tool!

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

Pros

Easy to use and impactful content visualisation

Cons

This is nothing much i came across so far

Miracle
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Review Title

Reviewed on 27/08/2023

I'm learning more about my target market by using Xtensio. It's definitely made a positive impact on my business and has allowed my team to get a better understanding of our market.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use for example the user persona template was easy to find and helped my business visualize our ideal early adopter.

Cons

I didn't like how text photos etc wouldn't go into place easily. There was very little auto movement that the likes of capcut or other editing apps have.

𝐌𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝
𝐌𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Professional & Elegant

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

All project documentation can be done easily with Xtensio.

All project documentation can be done easily with Xtensio.

Pros

Professional and elegant designs plus well-structured documents.

Cons

Even though there are many templates in Xtensio, I wish to see more and more in the future.

Response from Fake Crow

We're thrilled to hear that Xtensio has helped you create professional documents! We'll be adding more templates to the gallery in 2022 so be on the lookout for updates from us!

Esubalew
  • Industry: Online Media

Uncovering the Strengths and Weaknesses of Xtensio on Capterra.

Reviewed on 23/09/2023

I appreciate its intuitive interface, interactive design elements and customizable templates

Pros

its user-friendly interface, customizable templates, collaborative features, interactive design elements, and insightful analytics.

Cons

the limited free features, occasional glitches, lack of advanced customization options, and the learning curve for new users.

Pratik
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Next Gen Empire builder

Reviewed on 20/08/2023

I love this

I love this

Pros

Most like the features and I mostly used this is a presentation

Cons

There is Style guide features I can't understand this.

Adobe Acrobat Reader
Silvia

Great tool for creating professional-looking documents

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

Pros

The platform allows me to create beautiful and professional-looking documents, such as business plans, proposals, and presentations, without needing any design skills. One of the things I love about Xtensio is the wide variety of templates available. Whether I need to create a marketing plan or a project proposal, there's a template that fits my needs. The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to customize the templates and add my own content.

Cons

While using Xtensio, I did encounter an issue with exporting Chinese characters. However, I reported this bug to their customer support team and was pleasantly surprised by how quickly they were able to fix it for me in just a week!

Nicole

Decent platform, needs to evolve aesthetics

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

I just replaced it a few weeks ago with realtimeboard but my subscription had to be prepaid for the year. I think it needs to decide whether it’s trying to be a collaboration tool or a website builder because right now it does both mediocre

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use, great business plan features they just added. Has a few great templates

Cons

Aesthetically it leaves something to be desired for sure.

Response from Fake Crow

Hey Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're always in the process of optimizing and refining the app and our positioning so really appreciate your suggestions.

Hope you'll stay in touch as we continue to grow!

Geoff
  • Industry: Research

Turbo-charges short document production

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Needed to rollout three 2-page info sheets for leave behinds on a pitch. Customized quickly with images, branding and graphics so was freed up to finish the concept and have the end result look professional consistent.

Pros

It essentially allows me to get started on a well-designed template that is easy to customize and saves time.

Cons

Some customization/re-sizing features are not there yet, for example the charts seem to embed well but can't be re-sized within their

Natasha
  • Used for 6-12 months

Making life easier for a new supervisor!

Reviewed on 24/03/2019

Overall this has helped tremendously with my presentations to staff I’ve recommended it to other members of leadership and they feel the same!

Pros

This product is extremely user friendly and that’s what I like most, it even has options that allow you to get more in detail and design to your liking if you are more of a tech savvy individual

Cons

The lack of permafrost template options, currently there are only one per type I.e resume, agenda etc...

Response from Fake Crow

Hey Natasha,

Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad Xtensio has been helpful in making presentations for your team.

We do have a few examples for each of our templates that you can use as a starting point for your own. Check them out here: https://xtensio.com/examples/

Cheers,

Marie Louise
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Xtensio among the best

Reviewed on 13/05/2023

I used Xtensio to create buyer persona profiles and I was amazed by the functionalities of the templates proposed. I didn't have much to do. Xtensio is very helpful for Marketers. I saw more products that I will need for my swot matrix and more for other projects.

Pros

With Xtensio I was able to save a lot of time while conceiving my buyer persona presentation. I used a template that I customised. The result was just outstanding. Xtensio is easy to use but very professional. The library is very helpful.

Cons

My experience was generally good. As a beginner, I had some little issues while editing text. But I managed to do it after a while.

Loic
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great Product for Graphic Design on the Go

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

It's simple enough we purchased a package online and it works great.

It's simple enough we purchased a package online and it works great.

Pros

It's like having a graphic designer + art director + publisher to do great one-pagers and briefs!

Cons

Lack of more free fonts in the basic version.

Response from Fake Crow

Hey Loic,

We're so glad to hear you're finding value in Xtensio for creating your one-pagers and briefs!

I hope going over the Style Guide feature in our call the other day was helpful in defining your brand fonts and colors in the editor!

Let us know if you need anything, we're always happy to help!

Adel
  • Industry: Biotechnology

ux

Reviewed on 07/05/2023

I recently discovered that it is more than wonderful, very useful and very practicalI didn't face any problem

Pros

The quality is highIt improves productivity

Cons

Guidance and guidance : Guidance and guidance for new users

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best marketing tool for understanding your customers

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

I love Xtensio. It's an incredibly useful tool for nailing down your customer demographics. The persona development tool has helped our team by acting as the thought experiment through which we make all marketing strategy decisions.

Pros

I love the persona development tool, which allows you to use a template to build out your customer demographics in a clear and useful way. I love that you can edit it in tandem with others, like a Google Doc, making it an excellent activity to do as a marketing team.

Cons

Many of the features are paid, like inviting others to collaborate in the document, or downloading your completed personas to a pdf.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Wonderful App

Reviewed on 11/03/2023

Pros

User Friendly, and more likely to use and recommended for other users

Cons

Nothing specific noted for it, go for it

Maksym

Great tool

Reviewed on 10/02/2023

It's super easy to use

It's super easy to use

Pros

Easy to build presentations, invoices and reports

Cons

I want more templates and options for presentations

Mara

Xtensio a Potentially Great Tool for UX

Reviewed on 02/04/2023

Pros

Xtensio has beautiful UX Persona templates, which is what I mainly use their service for. However, I would use it more for other UX design tasks if they can add or improve some features I mentioned on the rating page.

Cons

There are key features missing, such as layout, size, and typography customization, that are standard features of other applications I use, like Miro, Lucidchart, Google Docs, Powerpoint, and even MS Word.

Chris
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent Templates

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Pros

I operate a brand management company and the templates make it easy to make different brands across different industries.

Cons

I can’t name anything. Superior software!

Charles
Charles

For Lovers of Product Templates

Reviewed on 12/03/2023

Pros

I like that it allows us to easily create and manage a wide range of product-related content, including business plans, market research, customer personas, and more. The platform is also highly customizable, with a variety of templates and widgets that can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each user.

Cons

I really liked the connection between certain related templates in a series.

Eric

Great product

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Pros

Thanks for making such an awesome software suite. Fantastic ease of use I enjoy using it to share various documents between colleagues around the office, plus the gui is extremely helpful and I look forward to seeing it develop through time

Cons

It's overall cost. Everything wants to charge a subscription rate, leaving my bank account bled dry

• Industry: Research

Fantastic and simple collaboration platform

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

I mostly use it to create UX work products such as personas, presentation of UX evaluation results, user scenarios, user journeys and similar. It is simple to use and the results always look good.

Pros

It has a great range of templates and flexibility in use. The free trial allows investigating all the possibilities of the tool. So far, this is the best looking tool for the documents sharing and collaboration and the creation of communication artifacts.

Cons

A very limited trial in terms of only 1 template can be used at a time. Changing the layout of existing templates is not always straightforward.