Ispirer

Database software for businesses in the IT sector

4.7/5

34 Reviews for UK Users

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Firebird to SQL DB Migration

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

We needed to migrate our client’s current database which was Firebird to SQL Server (new DB). While the client’s landscape was complicated ( with roughly 250 tables and 200+ stored procedures and triggers) with given table structure and customized triggers and schemas, iSpirer utility helped to achieve our objective in a hassle-free way. We did evaluated lot of other utilities available but iSpirer was the only one which supported all triggers and schemas. It helped us to save a lot of manual efforts (migration of each SQL objects) and was a cost effective solution in the end.

The team and support functions of iSpirer were very responsive to all our queries and collaboration with them was really a seamless experience. I would highly recommend their product (utility) for any database migration related projects.
Thanking again Ispirer team for all the support !

Pros

Covers all elements during migrations including complex triggers and schemas

Cons

The utility was quite up to mark and was useful, no downside.

Sameer
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best and most intelligent tool in the category

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

Ispirer is the best tool we found in the Database migration category. It does not just blindly do the pattern based migrations and rather applies good intelligence in doing so.
With the awesome support from Ispirer team, we were able to customize some rules to our liking and it delivered perfect results. Using the flexibility offered by the tool, we were able to migrate databases with thousands of objects, with good speed through CLI options. The best part is that once the configurations are tried in test environments, we could simply breeze through our Production migrations without any extra efforts. The proactiveness of the Ispirer sales team and responsiveness of technical team made it a perfect DB migration experience. One thing which can be improved is speed of data migration, when BLOBs are present with high data volume. In general, for migration of couple of hundreds GBs of data (without strict downtime requirements) tool can be of help.

Pros

DB Objects conversion
Easy to Install
CLI Options
Parallel Processing

Cons

Data Diffs can be added through some dashboard/reporting add on

Allan

We have used Ispirer in a big migration project from Informix to MS SQL Server

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Pros

We had 1 or 2 minor issues with it but overall, it just works. All our data was successfully migrated across but even better, most of the business logic in the DB (ie stored procedures and functions) were migrated successfully with some minor adjustments that we need to make to handle input and output.

Cons

The handling of input and output to the various stored procedures and functions could be more versatile. Perhaps an option to select how these functions are called could be baked into the product. But overall it was something that we could manage ourselves quite easily so not much of an issue.

Response from Ispirer Systems

Thank you for your feedback! When purchasing the license with extension requests, the conversion can be improved in accordance with your specific needs. We have enjoyed working with you!

Jose
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Ispirer MnMTK is an outstanding migration tool like none other. I will use it time after...

Reviewed on 23/06/2017

I had been able to complete two separate migrations. I did try several other tools in the market place. We selected Ispirer MnMTK , for it was so much easier to use, and more effective with the total outcome we were looking for

Pros

I feel confident that the data being migrated will be transparent to the application. What I really appreciate is that Ispirer configured the tool for our specific needs. So when data has been migrated, the validation process is almost right where we needed it. But what is most important to me, is how quickly they were able to resolved some of our issues. Ispirer MnMTK tool is a great solution for those who require an efficient and quick database migration.

Cons

My dream is to see the actual export process go faster then what this tool does. Also, there are still few minor things that might require some manual work

Odile
  • Industry: Banking

The best tool for Database Migration

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

I had to use SQLWays in the case of database migration. The project consisted of moving from SQL Server on Windows to PostgreSQL on Linux. I had to find the best tool for this particular migration because the data included BLOB types, and we couldn't afford to lose such sensitive information.
I had to test more than 5 tools, and in the end, the tool that caught my attention for its simplicity and ease of use was SQLWays.
Contacting representatives was easy, they answered me on the minute. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been especially kind and dedicated to my cause and not once has she been unavailable.
Best of all, given the size of my database, I didn't even have to buy the software. I have been authorized to use it for free. And thanks to them, now I can say that my migration took place in full transparency, without much human intervention. All that needed to be done was to authorize connections between the 2 database servers.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Seamless migration
- Recognized the database connectors
- Big tables can be split into smaller size during export
- The tool does the work it is expected to do.
- Conditional migration (part of tables can be migrated)
- Recognises tables, views, functions, stored procedures, etc.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the pressure of the license which is limited in time. But extensions are possible.

Preethi

Migration specialist

Reviewed on 10/07/2020

amazing tool would recommend any one to use this tool to mirgate data in multiple platforms.

Pros

Product was easy and user friendly team is very responsive and proactive in solving any issues we face during migration.

Cons

ODBC issue which caused hindrance during migration later Ispirer team provided solution.

Bento for Business
Galo

Use Inspirer for the migration from Informix to Oracle was our best choice and decision.

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Pros

We like the facility to understand the migration process. We didn't need a complete expert experience to start to work with the software, making some exploration was enough to relation the concepts of oracle, informix and Inspirer.
Another thing that we liked, was that the automation process save us a lot of time from our people, and of course that the process was online, reading the source information and processing at the same time.
Definitively, Ispirer is a tool that should be considered for a migration process of this type.

Cons

Perhaps, the popullation of the data, because is in real-time, and you need a maintenance window to execute the process and wait until the end because there are no automatic resume option.

Shane

Purchased a licence for conversion of Banking grade MS SQL db to Postgres for challenger bank

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Significant reduction in database design and installation time.
Improved DB performance through improved code in the conversion process than our developers were achieving manually.

Pros

This product is the only one we tested to convert all of our database objects, including complex stored procedures with many nested function calls and even a variety of cursor loops etc. Some of our stored procedures are 2000 lines long. The Ispirer product dealt with them with ease. The Wizard interface and detailed logging was a big help in climbing initial learning curve. This product saved us countless hours in manual edits.

Cons

Seemed slightly slow to run but nothing overly problematic - for large batches of stored procedure and other object conversions it would still run in less than 30 min.

Radomir

Great experience during project of migration SAP Hybris MySQL database to SAP HANA.

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

Pros

- Great customer support of Ispirer team who flexibly react to requested changes by providing new releases in a very short time
- Wizard-based tool simple to use
- With its 'driven flexibility' provides enough power to fit migration process
- Detailed trace log - you know what is happening

Cons

Bigger table you export more RAM you need:)

Carl

Great product at a great price.

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

As you can guess, the over all experience is 5 out of 5 stars, really (no I'm not being compensated for saying that).

Pros

While I was more on the admin team, I can speak to the amazing customer service provided. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Cons

Of course nothing is perfect, and that is the case here, but the tool is fantastic, and with the support we got, we were really pleased.

George
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
  • Used for 6-12 months

DB2 to MSSQL migration project

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Our experience was excellent. We took a complete database running on a very old version of DB2 and migrated successfully to a MSSQL databse. Customer support was very good when we have a few questions reagarding the use of the tool. Overall, very impressive!!!

Pros

This was THE ONLY tool we could find to allow us to convert a very old version of DB2 to a new MSSQL database. It is extremely easy to use, and also fast and accurate!

Cons

I have no "cons". This tool worked perfectly!!!

Chandra

Awesome Product.. Awesome customer support.. 100% success

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Really awesome for Cross RDBMS migration

Pros

We did migrate almost 13 application databases from PostgreSQL to MS SQL, with minimal downtime.

The product is easy to use
Really good customer support experience
Price is good
100% success (OFFLINE migration with minimal downtime)

Cons

If there is an enhancement to do ONLINE migration, with some solid replication features, I'll believe your product will be ranking #1.

Dave

Excellent Product, Excellent Support

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

I found this product online when I was faced with converting a client SQL Server Database to Oracle DB. When Oracle's migration tools failed miserably and with no support and very little to go on via online articles, I went searching for an alternative. Finding Ispirer's product, I downloaded the free trial, installed it and within 5 or 10 minutes I had already done a trial run. After speaking with Ispirer to get a license that would handle the full database, all I to do was solve my Oracle connectivity issues. With that in place, I ran the conversion and "bingo": all done. Very pleased with this product. Kudos to Ispirer for their brilliant design & implementation and a big thanks to their customer support people!

Pros

Gets the job done with a minimum of setup. Easy to use, consistent and reliable. Very intelligently designed and well implemented. A joy to use.

Cons

No complaints at all.

Anthony

AS/400 Data Conversion to Azure SQL Database

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

I was tasked converting data tables from our AS/400 and to Azure SQL Database. I reached filled out the online form and was immediately contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who so helpful from the beginning right to the end of our project. I would recommend Ispirer to any one who may face the same challenge of converting AS/400 data.

Pros

The best part of the software was the ease of use. Ispirer provided well detailed documentation so that if any ODBC downloads were needed you were told ahead. Also with a redirect to Microsoft so that you can have a seamless conversion.

Cons

I have none to report, the product exceeded my expectations.

James

Excellent tool: Sybase IQ -> MS SQL Server

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

We were migrating off of Sybase IQ infrastructure to MS SQL Server and looking for a tool that would help with this daunting task. Ispirer MnMTK fit the bill very well. There are very few tools out there that I could find and this one works very well. We will look to use this tool in additional migrations in the future.

Pros

This tool is designed very well and easy to use. The Support and sales staff are very helpful in the evaluation process.

Cons

No negatives that I witnessed. Others comment on the time it takes but I do not think that is unexpected based on the size of tables.

Jean-Guy
  • Industry: Insurance

Migration from DB2/udb databases toward MS SQL Server

Reviewed on 02/03/2018

Ease of migration from one DBMS to another. Easy to use. and most important, we can see the script , so if needed we can adapt or make easy correction.

Pros

Ease of use of the gui installation and application.
Migration of data properly with good data type on target db.
Creation of .sh script to make the ''load'' on the target, enable us to rerun ( or ) modify scripts for our specific need ( if requirer ).
Good service fromm ISPirer
Note: We did not transfert any ''LOB'' data type field. But i have used in the past for migration from db2/udb to Oracle ( with BLOB field ) and it worked perfectly.

Cons

You have to know exactly the size of you database and contents in order to requierer the proper license.

Greg

Successful Oracle to MySQL conversation/migration

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Ispirer’s SQLWays greatly assisted our efforts in migrating from Oracle to MySQL, which was a requirement for our overall migration from a COTS Enterprise Content Management System to a community edition of the same CMS. This CMS migration saved our project a significant amount in annually reoccurring licensing fees. Without the SQLWays, we could not have performed the database migration portion of this effort. Finally, I want to add that Ispirer’s support team was quick to help when we ran into data irregularities within our database.

Pros

Ease of use regarding conversation and migration from our Oracle to MySQL.

Cons

Log output could use some improvement. Exceptions/errors are noted but no detail is given.

Rahul

We have used database conversion tool and it is so simple to operate and user Fridley that...

Reviewed on 04/12/2017

a. Ease of time
b. Easy to use.
c. Excellent support.
d. cost-effective
e. Best in the market

Pros

We have used Ispirer MnMTK for 1 projects, we have finished very faster since we got familiar with the tool. More than 100 tables with data and 90 stored procedures, views, functions and triggers containing around 3000 lines of code have been successfully converted. The most significant benefit we derived from implementing migration with Ispirer MnMTK was fast and accurate conversion of stored procedures and entire database conversion.

Ernesto
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

We used the tool for a migration project from Postgresql to MySql

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

Despite the lack of experience in the use of the tool, the migration process was very fast because it is user friendly. The attention from the support staff was very effective and it gave us an invaluable help

Thomas
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Migrate Informix to SQL-Server

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

The migration process works smoothly and I would recommend this product for any database migration you have to do.

Pros

This product worked out of the box with our whole database, including triggers and stored procedures. It is easy to use and you can change almost any settings you need. The way the migration is transparent so you can easily see what is happening and find the source of some problems.

Cons

The export from the Informix database was a little slow, but if you plan accordingly it should be no problem after all.

Kai
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Firebird 2.51 to MS SQL 2016 with 30GB data and hundreds of procedures and triggers!

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

Pros

Program is easy to use and one can run own conversions between the export and import steps if one wants to.

The sales team is very knowledgeable and one can tailor the price to match the needs easily.

The technical help if needed is very good and prompt.

I can recommend the tool without any doubts. It will save time, money and nerves :^)

Cons

The conversion does take hours and maybe the program could use all the cores of modern PC more efficiently?

Jiri
  • Industry: Insurance

The best product for transfer data from Firebird to MSSQL

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Pros

I tested 5 products and Ispirer was only one what transfered data without error and with acceptance of the origin national settings. String data were transfered including white spaces and other special characters. Very useful is also creating batch file for automatic use later.

Cons

Layout and design could be slightly improved but it is not a big issue. I use it for a short time, later I may be able to come up with some other improvements :)

Daniel

Migrating Microsoft SQL Server to Oracle

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

Pros

- Easy to use Wizard
- Covers all Database Elements
- Great customer support
- detailed log
- generates SQL-Scripts including .sh-starter scripts, so modifications are easily possible

Cons

The tool needed a lot of time for creating all scripts, but not realy overly problematic

Shaun

Easy Database Migration

Reviewed on 24/03/2019

Pros

The migration itself from ProgressDB to MySQL. Easy enough that it generates a script (and all related data) before migrating everything.

Cons

Script doesn't automatically merge (or concatenate at the very least) all of the batches the migration makes.

Edvin

Database Migration from SAP SQL ANYWHERE TO MSSQL 2017

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Pros

Ease to use
It generates a lot of objects(scripts) the you needed to do manually.
Very good communication with customer support.

Cons

Results still require some manual work.Migration of data is slow.But in rest it is a very good that saves you a lot of time

Response from Ispirer Systems

Thank you for your feedback! Some manual work was needed as the purchased license didn't include extension requests. Such extensions can help you to minimize or even avoid such post-migration interventions. It was a great pleasure working with you!