DonorView

Write a Review!
Your nonprofit, all in one place.

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.6/5

118 Reviews for UK Users

Nicole

User friendly and tailored reports

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Pros

Tailored reports make this system great and usable for all organizations. Being able to keep credit cards on file and charge them over the phone has been amazing during Covid. The customer service and help in our transition to this software was great!

Cons

The software isn't great for online events but worked well for in person donation events

Linda
  • Industry: Higher Education

The three E's: Everything, Easy and Enjoyable

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

My overall experience with DV have been phenomenal. Before DV, it took about 20 hours a week to enter gifts and get out acknowledgement letters, but with DV it takes just a few hours each week. Plus the letters are automatically attached to the donor's record. When pulling reports before DV, it took someone who knew how to word the "query" correctly, but now anyone can easily pull a report by simply selecting the button which indicates which criteria they prefer. As for email blasts, I have found DV to be just as easy as our previous provider, but much less expensive.

Pros

There are several reasons why we chose DonorView (DV) as our CRM when making the choice to switch platforms. The first being that DV offered everything in one system. Previously we were using one software for email marketing, one for event management and one for our CRM. Although the CRM we were using did offer event management and email marketing it didn't meet our needs and didn't offer connection points that DV did. DV offered everything we needed in one platform.
The second reason we chose DonorView was because of the usability. When pulling reports, mailing lists, or data, we found that we didn't need to know coding or complicated formulas, we just needed to know how to select a button. The pages are easy to understand and very user friendly. Plus if you have any questions they have videos that walk you through the different programs they offer.
Which leads me to my final reason for selecting this program; enjoyable. I have found the staff at DV to be very enjoyable and helpful. Anytime I have had a question they respond quickly and professionally. They offer a solution and will walk me through the process .

Cons

I haven't found anything that is missing from this CRM. We have only been using less than a year, and when I think they are missing something, I call about it and they show me where I can do what I want.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

We needed something that was more user friendly and more cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to DonorView

The variety of features. The pricing.
Kim
  • Industry: Human Resources

Do NOT use

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

It has been horrendous. In three months, I have put more hours into trying to teach myself this platform, than I spent inside my old platform which I used for 15 months. When you email for help, they get back to you with screen shots and links to articles- very rarely could I get a real person to sit down and talk with me over the phone so I could adequately explain my issues. And it became clear early on that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was bothered with the multiple emails I sent him with questions. I can only stress, again, that if I had received training/onboarding, the majority of those emails wouldn't have existed and I'd have been happily writing some other review for Donor View. The platform likely is great but I wouldn't know that since I have no idea how to use it efficiently. The lack of training and professionalism is appalling. I could not in good conscious recommend this company to other small non-profits (I am a company of one but we service around 3,500 customers annually) unless the training/onboarding issue is resolved.

Pros

The marketing brochure and videos made it look amazing and super easy to use.

Cons

The "training" that was offered. I have paid for onboarding and did NOT receive it unless it was the link to several "overview" videos for each of the modules. Or maybe the consider my training/onboarding to be the repeated links they would send me to their "Support Site". Here, I could find hundreds of questions related to my topic which I then had to hunt through to see if I could find my particular question- and it usually wasn't there. The majority of my questions were one-off's specific to my company. I can only stress that had this company taken the time to thoroughly onboard/train me, I think I would have really enjoyed the product. As it is, my experience has been miserable.

Nicole

Giving via DonorView

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

Pros

I primarily work with the financial options available in DonorView. Before using this software, we were using more than one software system to accomplish our needs, and by switching to DonorView, we were able to consolidate into one system instead. They have a text feature that allows your constituents to easily give via their phone. It is very user friendly as an administrator to process one-time gifts and/or set up monthly giving for your constituents. We also have a giving page on our website that links directly to our account with DonorView via their portal. On the giving page you have the option to set quick give buttons ($25, $50, $100, $500, etc.) or there is an "Other" button where the user can choose the amount they would like to give. You can also set up giving for a one-time gift or recurring gifts (with options of weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) Donors can create logins and save credit/debit cards to their profiles so that they don't have to enter that information for each gift. In closing, you have the option to email giving statements at the end of the year which makes it easy to send and quick for your constituents to receive. You can also send a personal letter with the giving statements if you wish.

Cons

The text-to-give feature brings up a form for the user to fill out in order to give. I know some text-to-give platforms offer the ability to just text the amount you want to give to the number instead of filling out a form every time. I think this is more of a personal preference for the user, but I can see how texting the number is quick and easy, where filling out a form takes a little extra time.

Maren
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Donorview was a HUGE upgrade from many systems into just one!

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Donorview has made some great modifications based on our suggestions and has worked with us to create affordable personal solution when we really needed it. They are super quick and response to helping probelm-solve and understand the system.

Pros

We moved our database from a FileMaker system which was customized for us but was OLD and was housed on a harddrive instead of the cloud. Additionally, we used an email software, event software, an application/forms software and paypal and NONE of the programs talked to one another. All updates to the database were manual and time consuming. When we moved to Donorview it was such a breath of fresh air to have access to our database anytime/anywhere. Additionally, its exceptionally helpful to have purchases, events and donations associated with client records. We do a lot of events and the event software works flawlessly almost every single time. We also have been able to get creative with the forms/surveys function and recreate documents like waivers and applications in that system. Again, extremely helpful to have applications associated with records instead of having to manually update. Overall, we are so grateful to have a software that does pretty much everything we need it to do. We also appreciate the pricepoint for the amount of functionality that we have. We are a small non-profit so it was a good mid-range product that was accessible to us.

Cons

Donorview has an incredible breadth of functionality that is hard to find all in one software. If you analyze any one of these features by itself (event ticketing, email marketing, surveys etc) there is a bit less functionality and is less user-friendly than if you paid for any of those items individuallyl on their own. (For example, our old ticketing software gave us a few more options and was a bit easier to set up) However, having all that functionality ALL in one place at an affordable price really makes up for those minor inconveniences. (Ex. Our old ticketing system did NOT talk to our database so we had to do waivers/tracking manually which was a real pain in the butt). Overall, it has been totally worth the switch. Also, Donorview seems to be very responsive to suggestions and ideas and as a young company seems to be trying to make constant improvements in their system based on feedback. I imagine that as feedback comes in user-friendlyness will just continue to improve!,

Melanie

My View of Donorview

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

For the most part, Donorview is easy to learn and it serves our purposes well. Their customer service department responds very quickly if an issue arises and offers great support.Most of my focus is with the email and donor page set up (see above). For email, the templates are pretty basic, but easy to use for the most part. It can be glitchy at times and if you are not constantly saving your work, it is possible for the system to time out and lose any work that has not been saved. If you are looking for a software that is basic and easy to use, this is a great option and they will offer great support along the way. If you prefer something a little "cutting edge" and up on the latest tech, this is not the best option for you.

Pros

For the most part, the overall system is user-friendly. I appreciate the amount of information that can be accessed within a constituent profile. It is easy to find.Also, having the ability to clone a prior email and edit rather than creating a new one each time has been a great time-saver. I also appreciate the email analytics offered.

Cons

The donation pages are somewhat clunky and extremely basic. There are no options to create more attraction graphic design features to make the pages more appealing to a prospective donor. In this area, Donorview falls far behind other software I have used with much better and easier to use design features. DV did offer the option to choose from a limited selection of beautiful donor page templates that could be used for Giving Tuesday and Year-End giving campaigns, however, in order to use them they had to set it up for you and those templates are not available for every day use.

Karen

Makes my life easier

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

Pros

I really like DonorView. There was a bit of a learning curve but you will have that with any new software. Any time I have questions or problems, they have been very quick to answer or to figure out what is causing the problem (and sometimes even letting me know that the problem is me). My biggest problem was figuring out the report function (I still have some problems but again I just send an email and they walk me through it). We looked at a few different options and by far this was the best deal around. I am very pleased with DonorView. In fact someone in our organization mentioned about maybe looking into changing software and I flat out told them that I like using donor view, it is very user friendly and if they decided to change it would be without me. That is how much I like using DonorView.

Cons

With our previous software our donors could be listed as a married couple but with DonorView (as with other softwares we looked) at each person is an individual and then put into a relationship. Not only did it significantly increase our donor base but it just didn't work for us so I ended up merging the married couples together to create one donor instead of two. It would have been nice to have that option of keeping them a married couple at the beginning of our conversion so that I wouldn't have had to do all the merging (which took quite a bit of time).

Melissa

Bang for the Buck

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

We've been with DonorView since 2017. Overall, we enjoy our use of it. We realize there are things within it we have not even touched yet. This CRM has widespread capabilities.

Pros

We looked at multiple CRMs before choosing DonorView. The overall feel of this CRM is very manageable. Things we were not able to figure out, their CS support has been wonderful.DonorView is the hub for us - volunteer tracking, donations, events, donation pages.

Cons

Some reports are hard to figure out how to build. The fundraising side and CRM sides don't talk the way I would like them to sometimes. There also has not been a "global" replacement feature.. or global anything yet.

DonorPerfect and Salsa CRM
Jessica

Yay DonorView!

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Overall DonorView has really helped us regain ability to organize all our incoming donations, donor information, volunteer information, and more. We have been able to keep all our important information in one plan and do so with ease.

Pros

What we love most about DonorView is how easy it is to use and simplicity of its functions. We started using this program a few months ago now and its so easy to learn all the features and they did a fantastic job creating support videos and questions/answers. We love the interactive ability for donors as well to use. The best part is definitely the customer service - if there has ever been any confusion or questions, the employees of DonorView have done a tremendous job at facilitating any issues or even creating new features and etc. Overall fantastic program.

Cons

The only thing I can really think of would be in regards to my PRO point of its simplicity. In just a couple areas it could be too simple and limiting.

Tammie

Donorview and Non Profit Usage for Donor Management

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Overall experience - I am more efficient in my job (with the exception of the mailmerge feature) - and therefore able to be about the other many tasks that come with the job I have at The Mission.

Pros

I like the ease of use. We used to have a different software that you almost needed to be a programmer to understand how to run simple reports. Donorview makes reports very easy and is easy to train new users on how to use the software as well.

Cons

The mailmerge feature for thank you letters ....

Stephanie

Donorview Review

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Overall, we still really like the product, but more training for the trainers would be ideal. Make sure organizations are aware of the exact items they get to use before making them sound free.

Pros

I love that Donorview has the capability to help hold all of our information. As a non profit organization, it is so easy to get lost having to use multiple different software programs for donor management, fundraising events, etc. With donorview, everything is here- like a "one stop shop".

Cons

We had a great introduction/ tour of donorview, the sales man was wonderful and insightful. This all sounded like an amazing deal, especially for the price. However, as we have started using the program more, a lot of the options we had discussed during the initial meeting turned out to be some or of add on. One(s) that we would need to pay for (on top of the initial costs) in order to use. This was very discouraging. And the training videos are also added expenses.

Deb

Great Technology Platform

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Pros

#1 Customer Service - Donor View embraces a service mentality that results in outstanding customer satisfaction.

#2 Innovation - Donor View understands our non profit business environment and works with us to create effective processes.

Cons

The integration did take a fair amount of time and I was not part of that process .
As a user the software training provided by DV was excellent.

DV is not without it's problems. But in my opinion as one user - DV focuses on customer relationships so that our organization does not lose revenue, it seems like everyone that I have interacted with at DV is committed to viewing their operations from the customers' perspective.

Megan
  • Industry: Accounting

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

We are able to maintain better records and save time with tax acknowledgements by using DonorView. It enables us to have a singular, cohesive database for donors, volunteers, and board members. It also allows us to easily conduct membership and event sales on our website. We are looking forward to utilizing additional features in the near future.

Pros

This company has some of the best customer service that I've ever experienced. They are always willing to help rectify or explain any issues that we run into. Overall, it integrates smoothly with QuickBooks Online.

Cons

Creation of events should force you to map items for accounting, as we've run into unmapped new events causing sync problems. We've also run into issues with DV sending data to QBO in micro details instead of being able to roll into a singular sales receipt. Hopefully, this will be one of their future feature updates.

Sarah

Great Software + Awesome Staff!

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

Pros

The thing I like most about Donor View is their quick and friendly customer support. Any question or issue that I have ever had over the past two years was able to be solved immediately. Their software makes it easy for us to manage multiple moving parts of our organization in one place. We are so grateful for the relationship that we have with Donor View and are looking forward to utilizing their software in even more complex ways in the coming year!

Cons

I would like to see improvements on the Email and Social Marketing platform. Uploading images, resizing and changing fonts should be easier. I also would like to see it so that when being viewed on cell phones, it renders correctly and fonts are the right size. It would be nice to just drag and drop photos, crop and then have them be sized correctly. I use a program called Canva, which sizes photos really easily- I would like if your program mirrored theirs.

Cindy

Great value for the cost plus attentive staff and excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

We are able to have a donor-centered fundraising approach, which is essential for our philanthropic culture!

Pros

Having all donor information in one spot with donation to donation tracking, reporting, and communication options. Many capabilities within this one aspect of the software

Cons

We have not integrated with QuickBooks yet.
We used online auction with mobile bidding in its early stages and there were some hiccups - fortunately the Donor View team made some updates and we are very excited to use it again and again!

Kathy

We enjoy using Donor View

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Was easy to work through and love the instruction videos

Was easy to work through and love the instruction videos

Pros

The events are very thorough and concise.

Cons

Would like in memory to be on every aspect, such as events.

Adale
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

I use DonorView to track donations, pledges & event RSVPs for both one-time and on-going...

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

I like the event campaign features.

I like the event campaign features.

Pros

DonorView has a log of functionality that is customized to my organization's needs. The customer service is friendly and timely.

Cons

I have a lot to learn about DonorView's functionality. I have records that are associated with an organization, but I also need to use the data to address individuals that are associated with the organization. This has been difficult to manage when I export the data to send correspondence to the organization/donors. As our donor base increases, this will be more difficult to decipher.
DV charges 5% for online credit card transactions. This is higher than average. I am currently exploring other options for this functionality.

Sarah

I have worked with Paradigm, Sage, and Donor Perfect. DonorView is my favorite software to...

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

This is very easy to use.

This is very easy to use.

Pros

I really like DonorView. It is a vast improvement over our previous donor software. The one thing I wish it could do better is filter more easily. Although, that may be a user error more than anything. However, anytime I have a problem or question, I get a helpful response very quickly.

Cons

I wish that DV was easier to read on my mobile phone. It doesn't seem to be very mobile friendly to me, at least on my phone. I also wish that the mobile payment was set up for android.

Maryanne

I find the functions of Donorview an excellent choice for our 501c3. It

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Pros

It has made donation recording and reporting so easy. I can manage our database easily and it's made doing mail out's much simpler. I can track who is opening and reading, how many times. The software is multifunctional and I like having all those options in one place. The support team are always quick to respond to any questions I might have. I'm still working hard on making full use of all that Donorview has to offer us.

Cons

Some of the reports are not intuitive to run, I've had trouble getting out the reports that I wanted, also running out a mailing list. I know keep a master mailing list outside of donorview, and have to update that address list in two places. I've had some trouble building templates for marketing emails. I wish there were more variations on building blocks for emails.

Georgia

Great price for Donor management software.

Reviewed on 02/01/2023

Super quick support when needed - quick replies whenever we are needing support.

Pros

I like the email templates and the ease of sending out mass emails to donors.

Cons

The software feels a little outdated and can be slow when creating email templates for mailouts. I also feel like the website and donor pages could be updated for a more modern look and feel. User-friendly but could be improved.

Ericka

Great Product! Amazing customer service!

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

Having our data in one place and so searchable. The reporting feature is fabulous and the peer to peer works well!

Pros

We've been live with Donor view for a couple of months but it's already made our event planning and execution so much easier. We also employed the peer to peer for our most recent fundraiser and it worked quite well, as both an administrator and user it was simple and effective. Not to mention it's the first time we've had all our data in one place, which is just awesome! I also can't say enough about the customer service! It's swift and always helpful.

Alex

Fins Attached Marine Research and Conservation

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Very positive.

Very positive.

Pros

What I like the most is the number of modules that are all integrated out of the box. This drastically reduces the labor time to add people to lists. Email marketing, auctions, CRM, events..... This is all great.

Cons

There are a lot of features built into Donorview. Sometimes it take a while to understand how everything is suppose to work. One feature that I would like to see is an invoicing capability.

Emily

DonorView a perfect fit

Reviewed on 05/07/2017

Pros

DonorView has been wonderful-- the customer service is some of the best I've ever encountered and the platform is exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

The email functionality is good, but not as user friendly as Constant Contact. It's worth it though, having all of our databases in one system.

Angie

DonorView review

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

Pros

Keeps track of our donors and all their information, you can run reports, make reports into excel spreadsheet.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little slow when you are putting in the information. I wish it had a prompt that would let you know if you have entered the same donor twice.

Patty

Great to work with this company. This is the first donor management software we have...

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

Getting rid of trying to track donors and donations on an excel spreadsheet.

Getting rid of trying to track donors and donations on an excel spreadsheet.

Pros

Very easy to use. Love the reports generated from event management and peer-to-peer which are automatically sent. Appreciate that suggestions are readily accepted and software is continually updated.

Cons

Better communication when updates are made so that you are aware of what the new features are and how they work within the modules.