GoCanvas

Easy, flexible & powerful software for service businesses.

4.1/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.5/5

199 Reviews for UK Users

Tommy
Tommy

GoCanvas is fantastic. We use this system in our service company and it has saved a lot of...

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

Saves the company time and the presentation to the customer has helped our close rates greatly.

Pros

The customer support is wonderful as well as the ease of use. It also integrates with a lot of other programs on the market.

Cons

No cons at this point. The implementation was very easy and the support has been first class. This software is a wonderful to have and makes doing business much easier.

Lena
  • Industry: Veterinary

GoCanvas is a Temporary Scheduling Software Solution

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

I found GoCanvas to be a great software in general. It is easy to use and allows you to build forms, collect data, and transfer data to most any platform. It is easy to search and filter your information as well. I would have continued to use it if I were able to customize it to fit a grooming salon. I still would recommend it to others.

Pros

I liked how easy it is to create forms and implement them into our website. I like how the information is stored and sent to us, it is very easy to understand and sort.

Cons

The lack of customization to fit the pet industry.

Pawfinity and DaySmart Pet

Reasons for Switching to GoCanvas

The price was better and it seemed easier to use.
Keith

Caution. Do not use this product.

Reviewed on 25/07/2023

Please avoid this company at all costs, they are highly unethical and untrustworthy. There are much better products available, its not worth the hassle. They tried to charge us for a full year after we cancelled their service due to terrible service and customer support. We blocked payment from the bank but somehow they have taken payment without consent from our accounts for the full amount. This is surely theft? I just hope that they lose more money than they took from us by losing potential customers/victims because of this review.

Pros

Easy custom forms.

Cons

Dishonest. Will take your money by any means necessary. App usually crashes when opened. Terrible customer support.

Oluchi

My Experience with Go Canvas

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

Education Development in Nigeria It has helped with keeping tracks with the development of tertiary institution

Pros

It has helped my organization become more productive in the space of one yearData collection, organizing and sharing has been made easy with the help of Go CanvasThe software can be used on both computer, pads and mobile devices which made it accessibleLess paper handling and at the same time has save a lot of money for the procurement department

Cons

When is being used by a lot of people at the same time it can affect the speed of the software

• Industry: Sports

Great product!

Reviewed on 07/04/2023

Overall I like the Gocavas, its easy to design applications, its easy to use, and get it out to users.

Pros

We were looking for a method to submit inventory transactions that was easy, readily available to the user, on their mobile, that data entered can be validated and that can integrate easily to our system to reduce the time spent manually processing orders. GoCanvas was able to provide all these features.

Cons

The cons, limitation on graphics size, the reference data has to be partitioned if the file is too big, but there are work arounds, revisions to a forms change the form number so any project integrations that call that specific form number have to be updated every time.

Marc
Marc
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Save time and money!

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

We are a commercial and institutional HVAC service company. GoCanvas has solved several issues including legibility of service tickets (previously hand written) as well as quick delivery of the tickets (used to use FedEx overnight at the end of each week for each field employee). This cut our billing time down by 2 weeks. We are also using GoCanvas to create weekly time sheets, field quote sheets, time off requests and vehicle repair requests. We have several other forms which we will be creating soon. The staff at GoCanvas is extremely knowledgeable and creative. I have not come across anybody that was not excited about their product and ready and willing to solve my problems. I highly recommend GoCanvas for forms and processes to any industry with a need.

Pros

GoCanvas is simple to learn and use. If you either cannot or don't have time to learn the software, their customer support can help design and setup almost any form that you can envision.

Cons

Nothing in life is perfect. GoCanvas is still working to fill the gaps of what it cannot yet do. I wish the GoCanvas submissions would interact with my database software but it will not and that is not a GoCanvas issue either. My database software company will not talk (literally or figuratively) with GoCanvas. Despite this setback, GoCanvas is still a better option (in our opinion) than using the mobile version of the database software.

Beth
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

GET IT!

Reviewed on 23/10/2015

GoCanvas has been incredible to work with. Our business is in Electrical Contracting, and GoCanvas designed a form on their app so that our employees don't need to fill out paper work tickets anymore. They also installed a barcode scanning system, so that our employees can scan items that they take from our warehouse to use at the jobsite. GoCanvas also give the ability to export those work tickets into a CSV or XML file, which means we can actually import those scans from their work tickets into our job costing software. It does so much more than we ever expected it to, which has made our switch to GoCanvas a seamless transition, and our employees who use it love it!
But the best part about GoCanvas is their Customer Service. I've had issues mapping some updates I made to the app, and was in a hurry to get it taken care of (before our employees were going to scan), and they got my message and called me immediately. Their response time is great, and they make sure they actually help solve the problem if there is one.
I can't say too many good things about their company, and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to consolidate their paper forms into a paperless app.

Pros

Customer Service
Adaptability

Response from GoCanvas

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback! We appreciate it!

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Go Canvas is a Force Multiplier

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

We solved our field service ticket and manual inspection sheet issue. We were utilizing computers, tablets and having to access excel and then email to send these forms. Now the techs can utilize their phones and email directly to customer and supervisor when complete. This has allowed us to become much more versatile and is causing other departments to question their processes.

Pros

The basics are very easy to learn and you can quickly create simple forms that allow you advanced mobilization.

Cons

When a form has to be dynamic the software becomes a little more complicated and having to set the app up and then the layout on the pdf can be somewhat time consuming.

John Kenneth
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Paperless? Try this

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

Yes, this software really amazed me for replacing our documents to data. This is really amazing software.. Everyone should try this to experience the one of a kind software. Really recommended to all.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Opened my eyes to the world of Mobile Forms.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Trialled GoCanvas extensively while coming up with a solution for our warehouses record-keeping....

Eventually went with ProntoForms and have learnt to love it and the many options I have to tweak and create new forms.

Pros

Very simple to use. Powerful options for importing and exporting data. As of October, GC have come out with a Free version for businesses with only one user. This could be quite amazing to get users on board and suit the needs of most small businesses.

Cons

Expensive for few users. We were wanting to have 3 Users (ie 3 Mobile devices) and pricing could not match alternate software offerings that I found.
Though I would likely think if I chose this software long-term, I would grow to love its feature-set.

Troy

Don’t buy and expect support

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Friendly and helpful at the beginning and then the billing problems. Shortly thereafter support stopped. Have to wait days to get help.

Pros

Takes time to make the apps the way you want it, but can be powerful with time invested to setup. Data collection is solid. Lots of different functionality, but still needs other functions.

Cons

Submission reports are clunky and not as clean and customizable as I would like. No multi-photo uploads. Super expensive for companies wanting to scale quickly. They lock you in at rates for a year at a time and every time you grow they re-up the agreement without bulk discount rates.

If you want support, be ready to leave lots of messages and then wait days for help. You will have to figure it out on your own basically. (Google is your friend.)

Adanga
  • Industry: Chemicals

Great product, Super support team

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Our maintenance workers get their job assignments on a tablet. The submitter enters the work order, it goes to a maintenance supervisor for approval and assigned to a maintenance worker. When job is complete it goes back to original submitter to ok work was done appropriately and then submitted.
We do all our training exams on tablets and laptops and all of our inspections (forklift, vehicle, ladder, fire extinquishers, eye wash stations, hoists, cranes, scales and all filed with no paper!)

Pros

The paper eliminated, filing in the cloud. And being able to check up on inspections and required training to make sure it's taken place.

Cons

The support team has overcome every obstacle I've run into so there really is no down side. We search by time frame and sometimes I'd like to be able to search across multiple Apps for a specific individual's submissions but this is small beans in comparison to all Go Canvas has enabled us to do

Trent

More efficient than paper forms

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Pros

I can build an app in minutes to collect any data imaginable.

Cons

Creating PDFs seems to be cumbersome. It would be nice to have more custimizable formats for creating PDFs. Right now everything has to fit into rows and columns only.

Flowfinity and Device Magic

Reasons for Switching to GoCanvas

Price and ease of use.
Becky
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Dependable & easy to use

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

The reporting aspect of my job needs to be quick and GoCanvas facilitates that. It also needs to be dependable as I drive hours to a location and can't easily return. GoCanvas has not failed me.

Pros

I can count on GoCanvas to always connect and have ample space to convey information to my company. It is easy to use - basically self-explanatory. You can go back and change information if necessary. Adding photos is simple and has the option to add from your gallery or take the photo right then. There is a note section at the end that is perfect for any extra comments.

Cons

One thing I find irritating is that you can not move forward to the next page until all questions are answered on the current page. Often I do not get the information on each page in the order expected. It would be much more effective to be able to go forward to the page I need at the time.

Michael
  • Industry: Warehousing

Go Canvas Review

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Always a good experience, easy to use.

Always a good experience, easy to use.

Pros

Ease of using the system, anyone on shift has no issue following direction and completing the reports.

Cons

Sometimes slow to get into, but that is not the Canvas system causing this issue.

Jon

A Fantastic Tool For Improving Efficiency and Quality of Service

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

We have replaced paper property inspection forms which has not only added value to the service provided to our clients, but it has increased efficiency massively and has gone even further by protecting the company from certain liability claims by evidencing every property inspection in its entirety, with supporting photographs etc.etc.

Pros

That everything from the app to the pdf can be tailored to fully meet our requirements.

Cons

Nothing! It was easy to set up, easy to use, tweak, and easy for all users to understand and begin to use.

Juan Manuel
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A great way to improve your efficience and productivitty

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Great tool, immense versatility, top tier support.

Great tool, immense versatility, top tier support.

Pros

I cannot explain how this software enhanced my teams productivity.

It's really easy to create your own personalised forms, it just requiere to know a little about programming.

The custom automatic PDFs make our data completely understandable. And being able to export it to a CSV or JSON format help us build BI reports over other tools would have taken ages if we have used pen and paper, and later pick that up with a computer.

Cons

The tool is not the cheapest in the market, but honestly, it's worth it.

bayu
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Doing what it's supposed to do well

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

It does what it supposed to do well for simple to medium complex forms/ apps. For simple form it has no issue at all. For forms with more complicated and high volume of data, it has issues with some limitation here and there, e.g. only 75 rows of data will be displayed on the mobile device.

Pros

Apps/ form are very easy to customize and develop.

Cons

Limitation to use big reference data. Not really flexibility on PDF designer.

Paul

We use GoCanvas everyday and wont go back to paper contracts

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

GoCanvas was the first and the only solution that we decided upon for our paperless contract documentation. We love the easy to use an app and the ability to scale with future employees. If We had one complaint it would the learning curve it takes to set up a new form. But once you understand how to build it everything is a snap.

Pros

It does what it says and paperless documentation has streamlined our process

Cons

The learning curves to build new forms.

Rhonda

Time Saver

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

It has made working with the crew in the field easier, has saved us money, our clients like the information that we are giving them in order to see what is going on in the projects that we are working on for them.

Pros

Saves us so much time , money, I cant believe that we did business with out it. This product has made my life easy with the workers in the field.

Cons

Ok, so i tried to put N/A it would not let me , i cant find anything wrong with GoCanvas, it exceeds my expectations .

John
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Thanks GoCanvas - its the new JOTS!!!

Reviewed on 16/06/2016

GoCanvas has absolutely changed how JOTS Computer Services, Inc. delivers services to its customers. Truly as simple as Click-Submit-Done, Yes, that easy. From sales, tech support to the development team, GoCanvas delivers the Wow factor in all that they do. Thanks GoCanvas!

Pros

The continuous and creative development of the GoCanvas App. Never gets stale, always looking to improve the user experience, ease of use and value of the App.

Cons

I have honestly experience no cons with GoCanvas.

Luis
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

GoCanvas experience

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

We have been able to create reports to share with our clients the work we do in their machines, we are in charge of technical service and it is very useful to create the reports in real time and present them immediately after the work

Pros

It is easy to use, we can provide our clients with a formal and well-designed report, adapted to our needs

Cons

We need a little more personalized training to what we want to do, maybe explanatory videos

Rocco

Great to use for any type of field service work. Company listens to your feedback. Price has...

Reviewed on 12/11/2017

Pros

Functionality on smartphones. Ease of use to create customized forms. Ability to customize what the recipient sees.

Cons

Price has gone up significantly in the last few years. It can do a lot but is sometimes slow to load.

Nick
  • Industry: Telecommunications

PDF Editing

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Pros

Easy to learn how to write applications

Cons

Many customizable features still missing

Technical Support a complete joke! Crashes constantly, but does the job when it works.

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Pros

Easy to produce reports. Quick to make changes. Works offline with acceptable crash recovery and only 10% loss of data when it crashes.

Cons

Technical Support? What Technical Support? I have placed 13 phone calls in one month to address mission critical bugs - 12 of them went to voicemail and were never returned. I ended up calling sales who basically told me to send a ticket (which also didn't get addressed). By far, the worst experience I have ever had as a paying B2B customer, and I just pray that I don't ever get an issue which I can't figure out my own workaround.
Employees are constantly jumping ship and the social media is drinking the cool-aid. Basically if you have an issue, you are on your own, especially after you convert from trial. During trial they were occassionally responsive but once I'm a paying customer.