Doodle

Russell S
Russell S

Powerful, yet simple!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Pros

It can be extremely difficult to arrange/schedule meetings, appointments, and events when multiple people are involved. But the brilliant thing about Doodle is that it does the hard work for you! Here's what I love the best:
- In a matter of a few moments, you can create a poll of options or available meeting times. I can quickly send a link to teammates, who can quickly and easily access the poll and begin to select times that work. What's more is that they can also see other times that have been selected, so I feel like they are more willing to cooperate (if that makes sense).
- This removes text or email chains that go on, and on, and on without end... until we finally come to the conclusion that there's never a good time for everyone to meet up. (After wasting a day.)
- It's absolutely free. I can't believe it. I would think they could be making money with user fees off of this fantastic idea/platform, but no - it's free!
- It's quite simple and intuitive. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles, but that's great. There doesn't need to be advanced features.
- It's easy to use for the first time. It's not overly complex.
- You are notified when responses come in, and you ultimately get to control the meeting time.
- This is somewhat random, but you can be very specific with meeting points. Want to meet at 12:02? Perfect. Want a meeting to end at 9:07... Doodle will do that, too.
- Can link or access your Gmail contacts - fabulous feature!

Cons

There's really nothing to complain about in my opinion. It's a simple designed platform that accomplishes it's goal. Some potential updates to consider would be adding "most commonly used emails," though, that would be helpful. Another idea is build in some sort of Skype, Hangouts, or FaceTime feature if an individual is unable to attend at the appointed time. I realize that gets complicated, though, and is not Doodle's problem to solve!

Whit
  • Industry: Higher Education

How else do you schedule your meetings?

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

I use Doodle to schedule meetings with large groups when I do not have access to others' calendars. It is an incredibly simple tool for both the administrator and the user. It allows you to suggest available times and for others to indicate their availability within those selected times. It saves so much time and back-and-forth.

Pros

We have shared calendars within our immediate teams but when we are scheduling across teams or with external vendors, Doodle is the fastest and easiest way to find a consensus time. I go to Doodle before any other system because of the ease of use and everyone's familiarity with the product.

Cons

The system is near perfect. It serves its function about as well as it can and I don't think it needs to be overly complicated. If it were possible to add meeting information (i.e. zoom links, agendas, etc) and when consensus was met, to send the calendar invitation, that would be nice.

Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Doodle

We use Google Calendar for our calendars but it does not have a feature that will help identify shared availability the way that Doodle does. Doodle also works when you are working across calendar platforms.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Makes scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I've had a wonderful experience with Doodle so far, and hopefully this will continue! Doodle has made scheduling so much easier for me and my organization, I also use it outside of my work and in my personal life. It has also saved me so much time in having to talk to people and organize stuff which takes forever!

Pros

I looveee using Doodle when I'm organizing an event (be it a meeting, a work event, or even an after work hangout!). It is just so convenient to send the link to everybody with some suggested times and they fill it out, then we find the one where all or most people can attend, rather than going around and asking for people's availability which takes so much time and effort and is so inefficient. It also helps convert the times if the link is sent to someone in a different timezone which is amazing. Doodle is just so simple to use and efficient that gives me an incentive to take the lead in scheduling events!

Cons

I think the user page is quite basic, and could look a little better in terms of design, artwork and colors. Sometimes, I also find it quite difficult to look for an event after I've put in my availability, imagine how messy it will be with many Doodles going on at the same time. I just wish there was an easier way to store all the events in a more organized way that is easy for me to find them.

Havilah
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to Schedule Large Meetings

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

Pros

I regularly recommend Doodle when I have a large number of people trying to schedule a meeting - especially when I have people with very busy schedules. It is easy for people to put in their availability and allow the organizer to find the best time that works for everyone without having to send a million emails or texts.

Cons

It can be hard to see all the options in the expanded view.

Erick

Manage your time with Doodle.

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

The organization of the time and schedule for others.

The organization of the time and schedule for others.

Pros

This software has a good number of features that help organize times and dates, as well as schedule appointments with other people. Once that is done, it offers a friendly way to see it and add details, also see confirmations and send customize reminders when the date approaches.

Cons

When using the main page as a user, there are lots of ads and publicity announcements, this sometimes makes a little awkward navigation on the site.

YouCanBook.me

Reasons for Switching to Doodle

It is better based on reviews and experience.
Justin
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy to use scheduling tool

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

I have had great success in using it, and I like showing others how to use it for ease of scheduling...

Pros

I love how easy it is to plan a meeting without the dozen back and forth emails about who is available when. It allows you to see all stakeholders in one spot and organize a time that fits best into everyone's schedule.

Cons

There have been some changes made over the last year or so that have caused the website to be slightly harder to navigate.

• Used for 2+ years

Need to find a meeting time, just Doodle

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

Doodle allows us to find the best meeting times (for informal events). Simply select times that are available to meet and set it out to others to fill out their availability. Scheduling has never been easier.

Cons

A tad bit dumbed down and the UI is not the most attractive. Not a huge con but it could use some work.

Meg
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

I wish it had more features for free

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Overall, I like Doodle, but I wish I was able to display a large amount of options more succinctly so that users don't have to long scroll and I wish the calendar sync function actually worked.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and deploy a doodle poll.

Cons

Some of the features like calendar sync don't always work, which has sent me looking for another product before.

Amy

My go to scheduling software!

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Awesome, I am always recommending it to other people. It is easy to create polls and easy to participate in them as well.

Pros

So easy to use. I use Doodle all the time when I am needing to schedule a consistent meeting with multiple people. This is a supervisors dream come true. Makes planning with multiple people SO easy.

Cons

I have never run into issues using Doodle.

Destiny

Mark Your Calendar

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

Pros

Great for organizing your schedule and planning ahead. It is also useful when attempting to schedule a meeting around everyone's schedule. Good software to use for calendar sharing. There are free features you can access without paying.

Cons

Support team is typically unhelpful. They do attempt to resolve your problems but can take forever in getting back to you. I also do not like the ads. For some it is also more difficult to use as some people are unfamiliar about the platform. Connection Google calendar would be a huge plus for the lower plans.

Angela
Angela
  • Industry: Human Resources

How to simplify the process of scheduling appointments with clients with Doodle

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

As a career coach, I frequently use Doodle to schedule appointments and meetings with my clients. I have to say, I'm really satisfied with this online scheduling tool.One of the things I love about Doodle is how easy it is to use. When I organize coaching groups, I can create a poll with different dates and times, and then share the poll with my clients to let them vote on the best option. The results are automatically updated in real-time, which makes it easy to find the most suitable time for everyone.Another great feature of Doodle is how it integrates with popular calendar applications like Google Calendar. This makes it really convenient for me to schedule and manage my events, as all the information is automatically synced with my calendar.One thing that's particularly useful for me as a career coach is the ability to add a description to each poll. This allows me to provide additional information to my clients about what we'll be discussing in each meeting or appointment. A great, easy-to-use tool!

Pros

As a career coach, I frequently use Doodle to schedule appointments and meetings with my clients.One of the things I love about Doodle is how easy it is to use. When organizing coaching groups, I can create a poll with different dates and times, and then share the poll with my clients to let them vote on the best option. The results are automatically updated in real-time, which makes it easy to find the most suitable time for everyone.

Cons

At the moment, I don't find downsides, because it helps me to manage what I need.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Essential for choosing the best dates & times to meet as a group

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I love Doodle. Choosing the best dates and times to meet has never been easier. Next time you need to schedule a meeting or a group dinner, Doodle it.

Pros

We've all been in a group text or email chain trying to figure out what date and times work best for everyone. It's impossible to keep track of who can meet when! That's where doodle comes in as your group's best option. Doodle allows you to create a poll with dates and/or times of your choosing. You then send that Doodle link via email or text message to your group of friends. They simply click the link, type in their name, and click on all the dates/times they can meet. Once everyone has voted, it is easy to see what dates/times work for the most amount of people.
The best thing about Doodle is that it is free for everyone. There's nothing to download. You simply click a link. After doing so, the instructions are crystal clear. There is basically no learning curve. And no one has to keep track of who said what date and what time because Doodle will present that information for you in a very simple way.
Also, you can choose whether everyone can see what dates others chose or not. You can even choose to limit the # of votes each person has if you wish to.

Cons

One of the cons is that if you want to put a deadline on your poll, you're going to have to pay for it by being a premium doodle user. This is not such a big deal because you can just tell your friends to vote by a certain date... but we all have those slackers in our groups who decide not to vote until it is already too late.
Another con is that Doodle's homepage has become increasingly cluttered as it attempts to add features to its premium users (for organizers and for businesses over 1,000 people). It's simple enough to filter through to create your poll though.

• Used for 2+ years

So much better than confusing and never ending e-mail chains

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

My Ph.D. dissertation meetings are required every 6-12 months and it is really hard to get my entire dissertation committee together on a whim. Since professors are extremely busy people and don't really have time for a bunch of e-mails, Doodle software makes my and their lives so much easier.

Pros

Have you ever tried to get a bunch of science professors to meet in the same room at the same time for a few hours? It's like herding cats, but luckily there is Doodle. The best part about Doodle is that I don't have to e-mail people back and forth to try to coordinate an event from multiple perspectives. Doodle eliminates ambiguity and allows everyone to see everyone else's exact availability for multiple weeks at a time which saves time and effort. It is so interesting to me that meetings can be scheduled really without any words from any of the participants, and I think that is beautiful. Bonus points for not having to try to sound really smart in multiple e-mails to people who are way smarter than you.

Cons

The calendar syncing function seems like it could be a really good idea, but I have had some trouble syncing up all of my calendars in the past and I usually can't see any of my events on there. I'm not quite sure what the function is supposed to do but there is no explanation and I felt like it was not super intuitive.

Easy and Organized

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Overall it is a simple tool that serves one purpose, to make it easier for everyone involved to find a convenient date for parties, meetings, appointments, trips etc. Instead of going back and forth in an endless email thread we simply need to simply fill the time that works for best for us. It saves time, it is less hassle and improves communication. Also great to sync schedules with people you do not see very often but need to work with.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use the tool to collaborate with others in order to find their availability for example. We are a lot of young people in the company I work at and Doodle is always the first step when it comes to organizing events and out of the office parties. Considering we are all busy with friends, exams and nights out Doodle makes it super easy and fast to find out a time and day that best works for all of us. The tool is very user friends and simple, there is almost no way to get confused about what you need to do even if you are not tech savvy.

Cons

My main dislike is that there is no option to change the dates with text, it would be great if I can select if we want to vote for date or venue or activity. Also, it would be better if dates on the checklist were shown at once. Of course there is the expand button, but I think it should be expanded by default when there are lot of options to choose from. Would be nice if the calendar view is improved as well, similar UI to the monthly/weekly Google Calendar type of view would be a great improvement and will also make it easier to use, and it will make the tool look less messy and unorganized.

India
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Happy When Colleagues use Doodle

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

Doodle is a great tool to easily evaluate availability and schedule meetings for large, busy groups. The ability to customize times and the intuition built into Doodle-if I schedule a request for three hours then three hours translates to every subsequent date I select, makes this a great tool. Each invitee can see the response of others which can lend to being more flexible in your choices, and enhances getting a group to consensus on a date and time to meet. You can be proficient at using Doodle in a matter or minutes, both as a user and as an administrator. I love this product so much that I use it in business and also in setting up family events. There are three plans available, and if you are a casual user the free version should serve you well.

Cons

Plans are priced well, and the ability to remove ads and enhance communication with the premier version is very nice. A con of the free version is the weird ads you see running in the back ground as you are using the tool. However, not bothersome enough to change my favorable opinion of this great scheduling tool.

Fernando
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Simple and intuitive tool

Reviewed on 14/09/2023

Pros

Doodle has helped me a lot when it comes to scheduling group meetings and events. Its simplicity and intuitive interface make it very easy to use. The ability to create polls and have participants vote on their preferred meeting times saves a lot of email back and forth. In addition, Doodle offers integration with the most popular calendar applications, which helps keep everyone on the same page.

Cons

A drawback is that some advanced features, like tracking responses to multiple options, are only available in paid plans

Justin

The software that makes life & scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Doodle is a game-changer. In our busy lives and days, Doodle allows for us to schedule accurately and fairly. It eliminates the guesswork and time it would otherwise take to determine times that work best for all. Best of all, it's accessible via the palm of our hands and takes seconds to create. I can't imagine my day-to-day without Doodle and where I'd be if it wasn't for this amazing solution-solving software.

Pros

The absolute best thing about using Doodle is that our entire organization and stakeholders love participating in it! We all use Doodle and most importantly, it makes our lives easy and guarantees buy-in and participation in order to pick the optimal meeting and scheduling times.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Doodle. It is easy, efficient, and well-like by all!

John
John
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The Simplicity of Doodle Outweighs Any Features Lacking

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

Overall, the ease of use and the simplicity of Doodle outweighs any failings or lack of features. I can send the polls to many participants without having to train them on how to respond. It is pretty intuitive, and allows me to pool responses from a large group of people who are both inside and outside my organization. This makes scheduling meetings with people from various organizations or groups much easier.

Pros

I liked most the simplicity of Doodle. I can set up a Doodle poll easily and either email to participants, or copy a link and email it myself. It is easy to compare answers, and it is user-friendly for participants and colleagues who are not as tech savvy.

Cons

The poll is limited in options, and if you are suggesting multiple dates and times over many weeks or months, the poll becomes a bit tedious and time consuming to build. Also there is little space to customize questions among certain days.

Sadie
Sadie

Doole Review

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Doodle has benefitted my professional career by making finding a meeting time with a large number of colleagues relatively simple! There are not too many features of the product that make it confusing or hard to use. I have been on both sides of creating the poll and completing the poll and it has been a relatively easy software to use.

Pros

Doodle is very easy to use and can make scheduling a meeting time or event for a large group of individuals very efficient. It is a pretty self-explanatory tool and no training is required. You can also utilize a lot of the features with the free version.

Cons

There are some features of Doodle that could be improved, such as how events times/dates are scheduled. It is not very intuitive at first about how to select multiple days and times that individuals who complete the poll can choose from! Sometimes it takes some digging to find the feature you are looking for. Also, there are more beneficial features that are only offered through the paid subscription.

Aquline

Best software out there for group projects

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Great experience.

Great experience.

Pros

Easy to use, best software for group work, polls, projects etc. I used it most days when I was at university and I still use it for tutoring. It helps my students to choose the time they want, add anything or edit while I am having a look at it too.
Easier to edit in real time when you are working with a large group that isn't in the same place.

Cons

Nothing. The software is amazing and doesnt have a limit of documents you can share or people who can access it. Makes projects very easy to do

ako

My trustworthy software

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

good and perfect software.

good and perfect software.

Pros

Participants have the possibility to choose their own time and meeting preferences. This software also facilitates decision making for the organization or management of an event, making appointments and decisions very easily and quickly.

Cons

Too many ads on the web version within the software.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Doodle is great to get people together

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Ever had the issue that you want ten people with differing schedules, maybe also across time zones, to all meet up? You can expect numerous emails, direct messages on various social media platforms and messaging services to make you head spin - or you use a product like doodle. This makes it really easy. You can connect the free version to your google calendar, select the times you know you can make it and invite all those you want at the meeting to add their preferred meeting times across multiple days. They can chose yes/no and 'if need be'. Once everyone has participated in the poll, you can select the most suitable time for everyone and its done. There is a paid tier that gives you additional services such as individuals being able to appointments that are directly added to your calendar and more, but the free version is really great all by itself. Only you as the one setting up the poll need an account with doodle.com - other participants don't.

Pros

Doodle is very easy to use. A polling system to find common times to meet is such a time saver and headache avoider - love it! It is very simple and obvious what to do, the website is layed out great.

Cons

No cons really, except that some of the graphics on the website are a bit dated, which is a small price to pay for a software that is free and solves a problem we have all faced so elegantly.

Luigi
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Doodle review

Reviewed on 08/04/2023

Pros

Easy to use: Doodle is a simple and user-friendly tool that enables users to schedule events easily.Free: Doodle is free for basic usage, which allows users to set up meetings for up to 10 participants.

Cons

Limited functionality: While Doodle is a great tool for scheduling meetings quickly, it may have limited functionality for complex scheduling needs. Participants have no control: the participants have no control over the scheduling process, they may not be able to convey their preferences properly.

• Used for 1+ year

Works well

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Doodle works very well, and I will continue to use it.

Doodle works very well, and I will continue to use it.

Pros

Doodle polls are easy to create and share with participants. I like that the design is simpler than other polling platforms and can be formatted as a calendar instead of a list of dates and times.

Cons

I wish they had a feature to automatically gauge everyone's availability hour by hour for a week. If you're looking to measure when people are generally free every evening, you have to create a "potential meeting" for every hour of every evening.

Greg
Greg
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy way to align multiple schedules for a meeting!

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

I like using Doodle to get people on the same page to have a meeting where scheduling could otherwise be difficult. I've use it a fair bit in the volunteer space. You need to keep things easy for volunteers so they don't walk away. This is a great tool for that! Just define the options you want to choose from and send a link. Users click the link, visit the site, choose their best options and you get the results in a visual format to help the admin select the timeslot. Easy! Effective!

Pros

Doodle is easy to administer and also easy for teammates to respond to when we try to align several schedules for a meeting. The graphical interface gives easy at-a-glance access to responses to plan the best time for a meeting.

Cons

The freeware version is slightly crippled, but I've never seen that as an issue. I guess I'd like a few more features in the free version, but "beggars can't be choosers"!