ActiveCampaign Reviews

2406 Reviews for UK Users

Saskia
Saskia
  • Industry: Restaurants

Highly recommended, user-friendly, and helpful

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

We can identify which contacts are most interested in our content and website thanks to Active Campaign, we can sell more conference tickets, and we can learn more about our audience by analyzing their open and click rates. With the help of these resources, we can divide our target audience into the subsets we need to accomplish our aims.

Pros

We've seen significant efficiency gains thanks to Active Campaign. They have made it simple to set up automated email sequences, or "drip campaigns," that will keep our subscribers and viewers interested. To generate sales, set up reminders, and get rid of inactive contacts has all been aided by this. Easy contact tagging, list segmentation, and A/B testing are other highlights. Active Campaign is simple to use, and there are many tutorials and guides available online.

Cons

We were initially put off by the software's seeming complexity and difficulty. However, there is a learning curve associated with it, and it does take some time to properly comprehend and apply all of its capabilities. After putting in the work, though, we found that it was well worth it. ActiveCampaign is great, and we highly recommend it.

• Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A robust CRM with everything you need.

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

ActiveCampaign's email campaign management features have helped me streamline my marketing efforts, improve engagement with my audience, and achieve better results. It caters perfectly to me as a beginner and my small business, a valuable asset for my business that I could not do without!

Pros

ActiveCampaign is eventually easy to use - it does have a slight leaning curve as with all new software that you are unsure of. It is worth it though and very easily integrated into my business workflow. I like how user-friendly the email builder is. It's drag-and-drop, which makes creating visually appealing emails a breeze. I can customize the design to match my brand without needing to be a design expert. automation capabilities are a game-changer. I can set up email sequences and workflows to nurture leads, send targeted follow-ups to leads and can segment my audience based on their behaviours. The detailed reporting and analytics provide valuable insights into the performance of my email campaigns. I can see open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and more, which helps me make data-driven decisions to improve my marketing strategy.

Cons

At first there is a steep learning curve but I feel that it is worth it in the end. Once you are comfortable with the software there is so much you can do.

Miguel
  • Industry: Cosmetics

L'Occitane Review

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

It's good in general. Setting campaigns and automations are very useful

It's good in general. Setting campaigns and automations are very useful

Pros

Setting campaigns are easy however we have had some issues on the data

Cons

To fix some data issues we have reported

MailerLite and Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

It is a useful tool and easy to useful, maybe convenient compared to other tools in cost - benefit
Angeline D
Angeline D
  • Industry: Insurance

Getting more successful at marketing campaigns thanks to ActiveCampaign.

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

ActiveCampaign allows us to engage and interact more effectively with potential leads which see us increase the rate of deals that we make from our marketing campaigns.

Pros

What makes our marketing campaigns with ActiveCampaign more successful is that it has very easy to use communication tools that allows us to communicate effectively at a more personal level with potential leads and customers. It has automations which allows us deploy automated responses to offer quick answers to questions from the audience. ActiveCampaign allows us to adopt better marketing strategies which helps us supercharge our marketing activities to see better results in terms of attracting new customers.

Cons

There has been nothing off with ActiveCampaign. We get the exact thing and services we require and there has been no setbacks at all.

Emma
Emma

Excellent program for a reasonable price

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

We can now automate our email processes, keep closer tabs on our conversion rates, and reduce the time it takes to send out communications thanks to the customizable templates.

Pros

The automation features are fantastic, requiring little effort to set up and offering a wide variety of premade recipes as well as a clean and straightforward interface for creating one's own. Deliverability is greatly aided by the comprehensiveness of the reports and the read/trend reports. When I have questions, the support staff is always quick to answer them.

Cons

It's not easy to find a problem. Even if it may take some time to understand how to make the most of the platform, I have no hesitation in recommending ActiveCampaign to everyone who asks.

Mike

Great option for building out email campaigns and overall marketing

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

Great and simple product, especially for an in house marketing team. Lots of power, easy to integrate with other systems and full support from Zapier if you need it.

Pros

Very easy to use, the interface was intuitive and simple

Cons

Found it pretty difficult to send emails on behalf of clients. It was not simple to add a send from email address that was from a different domain than the one I used as my login email.

SendGrid and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Looking for a lower price easier to use product

ActiveDEMAND

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Price and integration with my websites was the main factor for me.
Osman

For starters this can be your solution

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Pros

That for a marketing admin that doesn't have much knowledge on how a marketing product this one is very easy to use and set up for campaigns.

Cons

How outdated the product after year is and how the support received from the team wasn't the best.

Beth
  • Industry: Human Resources

Excellent CRM and Marketing Automation Tool

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Overall, ActiveCampaign has everything we need to manage and engage leads!

Overall, ActiveCampaign has everything we need to manage and engage leads!

Pros

The team is responsive and I very much enjoy the free consulting hours we got from them. They have many resources to help us get the most from the tool.

Cons

I don't have 100% confidence is in the accuracy of the email campaign performance metrics. Click bots mess with our click through rates for example. I wish the custom reporting interface was easier to use as well.

Brenda
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Comparable Tool for Email Marketing

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Overall, the platform was okay to use. The cost was not worth it in the end for us, as it didn't generate leads as we would've expected. We pivoted to LinkedIn and are seeing better results.

Pros

AC allowed for monthly campaigns to be launched with ease. Very comparable to other tools like MailChimp.

Cons

The lead management wasn't that great, or user friendly. If you added contacts, you had to remove old contacts - seems that could be better modulated/automated by the platform.

Riccardo
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A great tool with many options

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

Complete tool for innovative email marketing

Cons

Onboarding could be more intuitive but still good anyway

Carmelo

Complete and flexible with a great API

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pros

Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp.
But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Cons

The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I switched by chance. A client was suggesting to switch to getresponse because it got a trial offer and I get to love this software after that

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

API system is very flexible and simple for use. We where able to connect with wordpress Gravity forms, with a Vanilla PHP script and with Opencart.
Geir

This blew my mind

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Fantastic!! And extraordinary follow up by their team! Tons of free personal 1:1 help, which I never expected.

Pros

Switched to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive via ConvertKit and Keap - this is something else. I am so impressed. Very easy to use and well laid out, it is easy to create some of the most robust automated customer follow ups I have seen. AC blows the other softwares out of the water. It works, it is easy to understand and it is the most powerful peace of software I have seen in years. I am so pleased my grin goes all the way around my head.

Cons

Customer service gave 8-10 min waiting time on their chat support these days, and that is just not good enough.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Pipedrive is a very good service, but they change things all the time and breaks our aotomations. This created a ton of trouble for us, and when addressing the issue with them, they did not care. So after three years with this we left.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Tried Keap, but their software are very cumbersome to use compared with ActiveCampaign. Used two weeks with help from a keap consultant and was still not near to be up and running. Used two days in AC on my own, as comparison. Further on Keap does not support country soesific characters in customers names, so I could not import my list, a ton of stuff does not work outside US, so it turned out there was not much left we could actually use. The rock at marketing, but the software - not for us!!
Mikael
  • Industry: Sports

Highly recommended email service provider (and so much more)

Reviewed on 26/06/2020

Outstanding. In addition to how great the software is, the few times I've been in contact with customer support, that experience has also been very, very good. And the pricing is very reasonable for what the product gives you.

Pros

I am only using the Email Service Provider side of the software, not the CRM, so I will comment from the ESP perspective. What I like the most is the unlimited flexibility and features. In the "old days", marketers needed super expensive and complicated software like Infusionsoft to achieve what ActiveCampaign can do, in terms of automation, rules, segmentation and so on.

This unlimited flexibility means you can make your email marketing as simple or as sophisticated as you like, the choice is yours.

Generally speaking, the features of the software are outstanding!

Cons

In some ways the user interface can be a bit clumsy, e.g. when creating an email campaign. It's not bad, but there's room for improvement.

ConvertKit, GetResponse, Keap, Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I needed more functionalities and flexibility in automation and segmentation.

AWeber

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

The best combination of features and functionality and price, by a large margin.
Candice

I recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed on 23/08/2020

Pros

I recommend ActiveCampaign to all of my clients for two specific reasons. Easy of use and features. My clients hire me because they are not tech-savvy but ActiveCampaign gives them the freedom to use a robust email marketing platform with ease after getting over a very short and small learning curve. ActiveCampaign has an AMAZING and thorough online help database as well.

Cons

The only thing that I personally find missing from ActiveCampaign is Dubsado integration (although ActiveCampaign has a TON of integrations options so that might be a fault on Dubsado's end). I also think it would be nice to add landing pages. I host my landing pages on my Showit site but it would be a great option for some of my clients who haven't launched their site yet and want to start building their email list.

ConvertKit, Flodesk and MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is significantly cheaper with a very sturdy platform. Building automation is not only very easy in ActiveCampaign but you can do a lot with their automation system.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I ended up choosing ActiveCampaign because it ultimately gave me all the features and automation capabilities that I want and need for my business at a great price.
Mike

Best of its kind but getting complacent on the basics

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

I was a huge advocate for AC early on. Now, I temper that because of my frustrations. If they listen to their users more and get down to fixing the basics that are way outdated, they can soon get back to a full 5* experience. But for now, I would say try it out carefully. If you don't need the capabilities that distinguish it from the likes of MailChimp, it probably is not worth the annoying hassles.

Pros

This is high-end marketing automation at mid-market pricing. If you want to automate marketing to a high-degree and with great sophistication, AC allows you to do nearly anything - yet at a price point similar to email marketing tools with little or no automation. That's why I chose Active Campaign and why I stick with it.

Cons

For all of its technical sophistication, there are a few weak points around basics. Its email creation interface feels dated and the handling of image assets is clunky and horrid. Creating restore points and undo is flaky and unreliable. And what makes all this so bad is that users have logged these points for several years as top requests and AC has not addressed them. Instead they add fancy functionality. The basics of everyday use matter and the experience spoils the software for me.

ConvertKit and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I switched from MailChimp because I needed the automation functionality. Now, MailChimp are building that capability. I hope AC can continue to stay ahead on that and catch up with MC's usability and UX.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose AC over ConvertKit for better functionality and marginally better price (2017) and over InfusuionSoft (now Keap) because that was WAY too expensive for my business.
Pedro
Pedro

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

Cons

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

Alejandro
Alejandro

Activecampaign Best email marketing software

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

My overall experience has been very good. It has excellent customer service when you have problems. In digital marketing we use it every day and it is necessary to have an easier way to do reports / analysis, and ActiveCampaign is difficult to read the reports, also at the beginning it is difficult to use the platform in the first weeks.

Pros

It is an excellent platform, the CRM is very intuitive and the follow-up it gives to customers through automations is excellent, it is capable of sending automated emails or mass emails, since it has some add-ins that are very much in line with the job. . I am dedicated to digital marketing and this system has been very useful for me to be able to organize myself without the need for more paper or old Excel techniques. I highly recommend it for different types of businesses because it is also very adaptive to whatever you want to do.
Highlights are CRM and sales automation, marketing reporting and analytics, contact management, and A / B testing

Cons

It is difficult to use at the beginning, I would say that it has a learning curve of medium difficulty

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose ActiveCampaign because it is the most complete of all email marketing software on the market at an affordable price.
Juliana
  • Industry: Food Production

CRM Automation and Campaigns

Reviewed on 09/10/2022

Since we have perfected our CRM system, promotional campaigns in general, encompassing various aspects, their management has been so much simpler, both to evaluate their receptivity, as well as simpler aspects of design and the message itself. Evaluating these aspects is important to attract potential customers and ensure that they can find loyalty in our product. Not only with this, without a doubt we got great results thanks to a much more automated system, where we have been able tocover more and fulfill our tasks with greater speed and efficiency. The marketing team is using ActiveCampaign as the number one tool in daily work, since it brings practicality to promotional campaigns and greatly facilitates the sales funnel, categorizing each function we need to do by steps and undoubtedly boosting the results a lot, beyond what was expected. It has given us the facility to manage our information at our convenience, carry our exhaustive follow-up and issue newsletters that give us a complete overview of the work we are doing and see from the front page how we achieve our objectives in less than the expected time.

Pros

ActiveCampaign takes our marketing management to the next level, with its extensive interface it is possible to adapt the configuration of sending marketing campaigns, managing every little detail, thanks to its varied templates we can capture our main idea and make our message come through clearly and exactly how we need it. A/B tests allow us to test that our message is working perfectly and to be able to launch it to the public. Likewise, integrating social networks is essential for a broader management of marketing campaigns and the commercialization of our product, in addition to multichannel marketing it is possible to cover much more and put our eyes on a greater range of visualization. It is the perfect platform to plan and manage our content, perfect our ideas, and send a much more solid result, as well as interact with our clients in a more direct way, perfecting the CRM system by getting what each potential client wants to receive from us. Automating the sending of emails in the search to eliminate spam messages and that our emails are received more directly in the inbox, ensuring the reading of our campaign.

Cons

It is a tool with a complete interface, however, at the same time I can highlight that it can be too dense and complicated to use, it is not very intuitive and makes the process a bit more tedious than expected. In the same way, the search through filters is not as precise as possible, sometimes we need to find something in specific and we cannot, so it would be ideal if it were more accurate.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

We considered to implement Salesforce Marketing Cloud but found that it did not adjust to our budget very well.
  • Industry: Design

Active Campaign has helped us streamline our marketing

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Pros

ActiveCampaign is a powerful and versatile email marketing and customer relationship management (CRM) platform. It offers various features that have helped my business automate and streamline our marketing, sales, and customer service processes.

Cons

Learning curve: ActiveCampaign has a lot of features and can be complex to use at first. It took some time to learn how to use and set up advanced automation campaigns and segmentation.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Better for creating landing pages and more advanced segmentation options. Useful analytics.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

AC had the right feature set at the right budget
Roger

Good for email marketing

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Pros

The advantages it has is that it is easy to automate the emails that need to be sent based on conditions such as the stage of the funnel where the lead is or the lead's score

Cons

I think it's time they could incorporate WhatsApp and social media messaging management into the CRM without the need to use any external platform

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because ActiveCampaign has a better lead management tools

Lead management
Jason

Automation Broken & Engineers Won't Fix

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Kind & courteous customer service & onboarding. The chat support is decent & you can get questions answered; however, their achilles heel is that their engineering team is apparently asleep behind the wheel and not only don't fix bugs, but provide zero communication about fixing them.

Pros

Pricing is excellent, features are great, and the company is very innovative. Overall, I really want the relationship to work.

Cons

The automation rules are broken. I have one field update automation that's broken. It's a simple field update automation that says if field a) value = x, then update field b) to be y; however, it's broken and I sent ticket to them ~4 weeks ago. More importantly, I spend all of this time doing the implementation. ,and now their automated emails will not trigger. I submitted tickets to engineering ~4 weeks ago, and I haven't heard a PEEP from the engineers. They are kind enough to give me June service free; however, that's not what i actually want. I want the software to work so that all of the 100+ hours of time I've invested in building landing pages, automations, data imports, etc, can actually be realized.

Aidan
Aidan

Thorough Email & CRM Software

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

Pros

AC is easily deployable and compatible with the rest of our tech stack, and this makes it easier for us to justify our continued use of it. The automations are easy to build, but complex enough to go further should you wish to. The email marketing system is thorough, and does what it says on the tin, The reporting capabilities are strong, and it is useful to have this all tied in with a clear CRM and Deal flow management system. The support team at AC are generally great, and depending on what tier you are on, they also provide generous support to their customers to make sure they succeed.

Cons

Sometimes the software bugs out, and doesn't do what you are asking it to do, although this is usually resolved quickly. The entry price for the higher tiers could be slightly lower.

Rosalina
  • Industry: Insurance

ActiveCampaign Survey: A Strong Showcasing Robotization Stage with Customization and Multi-Chan...

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

ActiveCampaign is a strong and exceptionally adjustable promoting mechanization stage with vigorous computerization highlights, multi-channel showcasing, and great client service. Notwithstanding, it might have a lofty expectation to learn and adapt, restricted detailing, higher estimating, and restricted plan choices.

Pros

Powerful computerization highlights: ActiveCampaign gives a broad scope of mechanization includes that empower organizations to robotize their advertising efforts and deals processes. This incorporates computerized email crusades, lead sustaining, and work process computerization.Customization: ActiveCampaign is exceptionally adaptable, permitting organizations to fit their advertising efforts and mechanization work processes to their particular necessities.Multi-channel promoting: ActiveCampaign upholds multi-channel showcasing, including email, SMS, online entertainment, and then some. This assists organizations with arriving at clients on their favored channels and further develop commitment.High level division: ActiveCampaign gives progressed division includes that permit organizations to target explicit fragments of their crowd with customized content and offers.Brilliant client care: ActiveCampaign has gained notoriety for giving excellent client service, including telephone, visit, and email support, as well as a broad information base.

Cons

Steep expectation to absorb information: ActiveCampaign's tremendous scope of highlights and customization choices can make it hard for new clients to learn and explore the stage.Restricted detailing: ActiveCampaign's revealing highlights are restricted contrasted with other email showcasing stages, making it trying to follow and examine execution measurements.Estimating: ActiveCampaign's evaluating is higher than a portion of its rivals, making it more expensive for private ventures or new businesses.No local CRM: ActiveCampaign doesn't have a local CRM, which can be a disservice for organizations searching for a complete promoting and deals arrangement.Restricted plan choices: ActiveCampaign's email plan choices are restricted contrasted with a portion of its rivals, making it challenging to make outwardly engaging messages.

Mohammed
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Solid Product. But is it still competitive?

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

I had tried several programs once my business outgrew the free plan that I was on with Mailchimp. I found Keap too complex. SendFox too basic. Then there are other platforms like Kajabi and Kartra which offers you the features, but isn't really an Email Management Platform. When I moved to ActiveCampaign in early 2000, it was the one that made the most sense. But now, from what else is out there, I know I am paying too much. It's too much of a hassle to switch and I don't have the time, so I keep using the platform. But eventually, I will reevaluate and move on to something that has better CRM features.

Pros

Creating campaigns, automations, email design, all super easy. Contacts management and list creation is also pretty straightforward and works great. High deliverability and good reporting. I like that I can track a contact's engagement history from visits to my site, to what emails were opened, links clicked. And tagging works great.

Cons

While they have a CRM option. It's not up to par. I use Pipedrive which is way more than I need, but Activecampaign's poor implementation of CRM is what drop its score big time. Plus it is expensive for what else is in the market. I keep paying because it's too much effort to move to save $20-$50 a month... but if I was looking to come in fresh, I would see what else exists.

Francesco

Used to be best in class: now they're somewhat lagging behind

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

WARNING: this review is more of a heads-up for Active Campaign, in case they ever read it :) The product is great, with very high performance and an easy set up if you are not a newbie in the marketing automation space. However:
- the prices have gone up consistently without a serious improvement in features
-despite their position in the market, their integration with woocommerce requires manual coding when it comes to syncing anything different than standard order statuses. In our case, it often happens with Woocomerce subscriptions. This does not mean that you cannot achieve a perfect sync of your ecommerce data, only that the time and testing required would substantially increase the price for our end clients (agency here). This is why whenever there is any custom woocommerce integration to deal with we tend not to advice for Active Campaign.

Pros

The automation management system is really one of the best on the market.
As mentioned, you might have to struggle for deep, manual integration if you have specific ecommerce needs (i.e. subscription products whose membership status needs to trigger actions in the automations) but a part from that their approach is still the best on the market for that, you even have an automation map to keep track of how automations connect to each other.

Cons

Right now definitely a) the cost: there is a lot of fresher solutions that come for a fraction of AC's licence cost and perform as much as good, if you are willing to close an eye on usability and some specific features. b) data export: AC tries to discourage your migration to other platforms. I.e.: if you want to export all your contacts with the information of the lists they are in, you will have to export each list separately. Also, you can't export ecommerce data together with the contacts, you will need to resync your new platform with your ecommere

Mailchimp Transactional Email, Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

couldn't meet our client's ecommerce needs.