ActiveCampaign Reviews

Pedro
Pedro

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

Cons

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

Mike
Mike

Best of its kind but getting complacent on the basics

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

I was a huge advocate for AC early on. Now, I temper that because of my frustrations. If they listen to their users more and get down to fixing the basics that are way outdated, they can soon get back to a full 5* experience. But for now, I would say try it out carefully. If you don't need the capabilities that distinguish it from the likes of MailChimp, it probably is not worth the annoying hassles.

Pros

This is high-end marketing automation at mid-market pricing. If you want to automate marketing to a high-degree and with great sophistication, AC allows you to do nearly anything - yet at a price point similar to email marketing tools with little or no automation. That's why I chose Active Campaign and why I stick with it.

Cons

For all of its technical sophistication, there are a few weak points around basics. Its email creation interface feels dated and the handling of image assets is clunky and horrid. Creating restore points and undo is flaky and unreliable. And what makes all this so bad is that users have logged these points for several years as top requests and AC has not addressed them. Instead they add fancy functionality. The basics of everyday use matter and the experience spoils the software for me.

ConvertKit and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I switched from MailChimp because I needed the automation functionality. Now, MailChimp are building that capability. I hope AC can continue to stay ahead on that and catch up with MC's usability and UX.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose AC over ConvertKit for better functionality and marginally better price (2017) and over InfusuionSoft (now Keap) because that was WAY too expensive for my business.
Aaron

this is the title of my review

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

training training training. I have been trialling and training how to use this product the whole 12 months or so Ive been using it

Pros

love the automation and the campaigns features. I also like that it integrates with my gmail (G Suite) account.

Cons

some of the features are hidden, the layout is really lacking for easy of use. its hard to find and add tags and lists etc. it seems to have great features but they are hidden away and hard to find.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

insightly was great at inegrating into gmail but SUPER hard to use, I really narrowed down the CRMs to ones that had the automation features, I didnt want to have multiple crms and tools all connected together

Insightly

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

pipedrive is amazing!!! but it doesnt have an automation (sort of does now) or bulk email out function like mailchimp. I hate mailchimp so I wanted a CRM that did it internally
Stephen

A must have autoresponder

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

My overall experience with active campaign has been very good I've been with them for about 7 years now I've never had any issues with the software it works perfectly fine I'm a happy customer five-star.

Pros

What I like about active campaign is that it's very fast I've never had any issues with it great security and I'm able to do everything from one dashboard setup was also very easy as well.

Cons

The only thing I could say that I like lease is I wish it could be a little bit cheaper as active campaign is more on the high end side so a lot of people still can't afford it.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose active campaign because I knew about the software from a long time and a friend of mine recommended it so I tried it.
Michael
Michael

Powerful Marketing Automation. A bit complex. Great Customer Service.

Reviewed on 03/01/2024

Generally very good. I like the product. It is one of the few good marketing automation platforms with a decent CRM.

Pros

Great customer service and marketing automation capability. Also, it integrates with almost anything.

Cons

I was using an industry-specific version of the platform, which was not a good fit for my needs. Learning how to get the most out of the marketing automation was rather complex.

Pipedrive , Agile CRM , Keap and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I found an industry-specific version of Active Campaign. But that version was not a good fit for my needs. I switched back to Hubspot and may move to odoo.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I found an industry-specific version of the platform. But it missed the mark meeting my industry-specific needs.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A robust CRM with everything you need.

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

ActiveCampaign's email campaign management features have helped me streamline my marketing efforts, improve engagement with my audience, and achieve better results. It caters perfectly to me as a beginner and my small business, a valuable asset for my business that I could not do without!

Pros

ActiveCampaign is eventually easy to use - it does have a slight leaning curve as with all new software that you are unsure of. It is worth it though and very easily integrated into my business workflow. I like how user-friendly the email builder is. It's drag-and-drop, which makes creating visually appealing emails a breeze. I can customize the design to match my brand without needing to be a design expert. automation capabilities are a game-changer. I can set up email sequences and workflows to nurture leads, send targeted follow-ups to leads and can segment my audience based on their behaviours. The detailed reporting and analytics provide valuable insights into the performance of my email campaigns. I can see open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and more, which helps me make data-driven decisions to improve my marketing strategy.

Cons

At first there is a steep learning curve but I feel that it is worth it in the end. Once you are comfortable with the software there is so much you can do.

Cub
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Wonderful Product - Requires Significant Technology Knowledge

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Pros

The ActiveCampaign platform is very feature rich and has a lot of build-in integration options.

Cons

It's hard to troubleshoot/debug automations, there are not any logs available. Also, it requires a consultant/firm to set up the marketing automations correctly. Despite having a significant technical background, it's not something in my wheelhouse.

Sharon

Like it but not the best

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

I know there are many futures but i have not used all because of time of programing them

Pros

Cons

Every single mail goes to SPAM. And i alwas check the spam score of my mail and its good

Michele
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

My experience

Reviewed on 23/05/2024

Pros

ActiveCampaign provides responsive and helpful customer support, including extensive resources such as tutorials, webinars, and a community forum.

Cons

The email template editor, although functional, could be more flexible and intuitive. Some users find it less sophisticated compared to other email marketing tools.

Olivia
  • Industry: Program Development

Great contact management program for small campaigns!

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Pros

ActiveCampaign is really easy to use and provides great characteristic data of contacts/contact activity everytime you sign in. I think ActiveCampaign is great for the management of campaigns with less than 250 contacts, however.

Cons

ActiveCampaign is a bit outdated in comparison to its competitors but given it's price point in comparison to software like MailChimp, it is a great starter software.

John

The best software for your online business and online shop

Reviewed on 03/06/2020

I am not an affiliate yet I love Active Campaign, so easy to use. The times I have contacted support, they are responsive and helpful.

Pros

I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. I have 2 accounts for my 2 businesses and have approx 10+ customers using it also for their online marketing endeavours. It is my go to software that I recommend to all customers.

I love how the software is cheap for a startup but also offers really high level of integration for advanced customers. It is solid, easy to use and I cannot honestly recall having an issue with it. It has strong reporting and I love the integration features for Woo Commerce and Shopify also.

Cons

The only thing that is missing from ActiveCampaign is a simple checkout / payment type offering. So connecting to Paypal / Stripe is doable but not seamless. Apart from that I love it.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I have switch others across from all sorts of mail responders. Like I mention above it is easy to use, great as a start up but also has great higher level options. So easy to build a customer journey.

1ShoppingCart

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Quite simply it was better!
Keleigh

Consolidated so many tools into one

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Their customer support is beyond great. I’ve sent instant chats to ask questions many times and I’m always impressed by how out of the way their reps go to help me. I even had one rep who built out an entire custom automation for me based on my needs.

Pros

I held back from investing in ActiveCampaign for over a year because of the overall cost. What I didn’t realize then was that I would be able to cancel FOUR other software subscriptions thanks to the robust suite of features that AC has. This software has played a critical role in my ability to grow my business by over 150% this year and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

I would give my left leg for AC to have mobile functionality. They don’t have an app and the mobile version of their site is non-functional. It quite literally can only be used on a computer. This is the one place where AC is severely behind their competitors.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because AC has so many more features.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

AC seemed like a longer term solution, based on features.
Letha
Letha
  • Industry: Events Services

Best Value For Your Email Marketing Channel

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

In the 8 years that I've been setting clients up it's been worked great. The first client that I setup, still uses it! The features and options are what make AC our go to platform. Moving to AC often reduces our clients tech stack overhead.

Pros

The combination of the UI and all the features makes this a no-brainer for us. We can easily manage email marketing or set our clients up to do it. In no instance has this been a bad choice. Typically, what makes the difference from the existing platform is the automation features. Our clients get to benefit from automated workflows gaining more engagement without additional costs.

Cons

I only would like for the dashboard to be more customizable and lead data driven. I think the reporting can be presented better.

Klaviyo , Drip and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp - ease of use, Pardot - ease of use and costs.

Features and costs.
Laura

Active Campaign LOVE!

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

I LOVE ActiveCampaign. I feel that the tools are evolving and relevant for my business. It has transformed my ability to identify leads, track their progress, convert contacts into members, and track and respond to their journey within my website and club.

Pros

I was with MailChimp. I moved to ActiveCampaign for the features that I am most fond of and use the most. Those are list segmentation, CRM, their existing recipe to help build automation, the automation functionality, in-depth segmentation, and tracking every move a contact makes.
The transition was seamless; ActiveCampaign moved my whole list for me. I was a bit overwhelmed at first because of the high level of functionality. But, their customer service and support are the best I've encountered in any company that I deal with to run my business. I love them!

Cons

I don't love the functionality of the design elements in the Campaigns. Mainly, there is no way to set the overall design perimeters. So, every time you add a block, you select your font and have to reset the design. The time making adjustments adds up.

Joshua

Active Campaign is the best email marketing software for startup brands & solopreneurs

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

The business problem I'm solving with Active Campaign is I needed email marketing software to collect the leads my business attracts, and place them in various different autoresponder sequences so my message can be delivered to my audience. Uplifting my readers until they feel comfortable becoming a buyer. Active Campaign has helped me create numerous buyers by spreading my message in a dependable way.

Pros

What I like most about Active Campaign is for the incredible power it gives you, it is fairly simple to use. Active Campaign allows you to deploy the most complex and profitable email marketing strategies known today such as deploying Soap Opera Sequences. They have a very convenient mobile app that they improve every year. They are also run by passionate people, that care about making an impact. It also doesn't hurt that getting started with Active Campaign is very affordable.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the email editor is still fairly clunky to use. It's not terrible. But recently there have been a few other new contenders with much more fun to use email editors such as Convertkit. However, Active Campaign's power and development roadmap keep me using Active Campaign over Convertkit. Active Campaign integrates with almost everything.

Active Campaign: Very good CRM on a budget

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

I totally recommend AC. There may be better options there like Hubspot, but AC is at a fraction of the cost and I think it covers most of what you could need as a small-medium company.

Pros

AC is a great solution, full of features that should be enough to cover Basic-To-Medium needs. It's very easy to use and the price is perfect for what you receive. Support is also great.

Cons

The reporting side of things is a bit limited, I miss better tools to report on what's going on in terms of campaign activations or simply status on deals and contacts.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

At the time (a few years ago) Mautic was fully of bugs. It may have improved by now.

Price and functionality
Katya

ActiveCampaign is the most (arguably) the most popular for a reason

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

Any obstacle we have faced since migrating to this email software has been removed by their stellar customer service reps, who record screengrabs during your chat with them to answer questions. The software itself is the best we've experienced for email autoresponders.

Pros

Switching to ActiveCampaign has been a great business decision. Creating automations and flows triggered by customer activity has been a breeze and I commend their customer service for being readily available to answer any questions.

Cons

There is a large learning curve for this software. Many of their written tutorials on their website don't fully answer the questions I needed answered.

Flodesk

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Our email deliverability was not as optimal as we wanted, which prompted us to do research into autoresponders that had better deliverability rates.

Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was more advanced and had better customization.
Roger

Good for email marketing

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Pros

The advantages it has is that it is easy to automate the emails that need to be sent based on conditions such as the stage of the funnel where the lead is or the lead's score

Cons

I think it's time they could incorporate WhatsApp and social media messaging management into the CRM without the need to use any external platform

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because ActiveCampaign has a better lead management tools

Lead management
Saskia
Saskia
  • Industry: Restaurants

Highly recommended, user-friendly, and helpful

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

We can identify which contacts are most interested in our content and website thanks to Active Campaign, we can sell more conference tickets, and we can learn more about our audience by analyzing their open and click rates. With the help of these resources, we can divide our target audience into the subsets we need to accomplish our aims.

Pros

We've seen significant efficiency gains thanks to Active Campaign. They have made it simple to set up automated email sequences, or "drip campaigns," that will keep our subscribers and viewers interested. To generate sales, set up reminders, and get rid of inactive contacts has all been aided by this. Easy contact tagging, list segmentation, and A/B testing are other highlights. Active Campaign is simple to use, and there are many tutorials and guides available online.

Cons

We were initially put off by the software's seeming complexity and difficulty. However, there is a learning curve associated with it, and it does take some time to properly comprehend and apply all of its capabilities. After putting in the work, though, we found that it was well worth it. ActiveCampaign is great, and we highly recommend it.

Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer.
In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Cons

For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

More plans and options available. More flexibility and options in automations. Great community and integrations with most popular platforms.
Nick
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Amazing

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

I have used AC with an ecommerce store selling $3-4m per year, as well as several consulting firms and info product companies. It works amazing for all these use cases.

Pros

It's very rare to find so much functionality while retaining ease of use. I've been a consultant implementing and managing marketing automation and CRMs for 10 years, and AC has become my go to solution for all my clients. The CRM has come a long way in the past few years and now beats just about all of them that do both CRM and Automation. The integration with Ecom platforms like Shopify are also a huge benefit.

Cons

For years I would tell clients if they needed a CRM and they were doing personal sales that they should use Infusionsoft, but I can't say that anymore. Infusionsoft's CRM has become worse over time while AC's CRM has become much more powerful. One thing I wish AC would add is more functionality in the math actions for changing fields. If we could use different fields and formulas in the math to make calculations for custom fields, rather than just simple +-X/ then that would be amazing. I currently have to use Zapier to do that and it's not even that great with Zapier.

Luke

ActiveCampaign is great!

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

After nearly two years, I'm very pleased with ActiveCampaign. It's a well thought out feature rich platform. In my opinion there isn't another service on the market that can beat them for what they provide.

Pros

1. The automations.

It makes complex automations easy to understand and seemlessly blends the users interactions in my app with emails in their inbox.

2. The email designer

Easy to use and great templates to get you started

3. Reliability & Peace of mind

Once you set up your automations it's a great feeling to know that it will run like clockwork.

4. API

I was quickly able to interact with ActiveCampaigns API and it runs so perfect! It gives me such power over how users interact with my application. Literally any interaction a user makes with my application, I can capture and add to their contact profile and send them through automations in regards to their actions / inactions. Super Powerful!

Cons

1. No Sandbox mode

There's only one mode to use the software and that's live. This means you have to be mindful when generating software tests as you can end up sending emails to dummy accounts as ActiveCampaign doesn't differentiate between a Live and Sandbox version.

I would be super greatful if there was a sandbox mode that could be used for testing my applications and not worry about passing dummy contacts through automations etc.

2. Subscription model can be a little bit pricey if not utilized

When I began using ActiveCampaign I was starting a fresh business, so my mail list was 0 at the time. It took me sometime to get accustomed to it & test integrations etc.

This setup time and any other non-marketing time still costs money with the current subscription model.

I would personally prefer a usage based fee based on features and emails sent.

3. No built-in suggestions to get more emails in the Primary folder.

It may be wishful thinking as the goalposts are often moved by what is deemed as falling under "Promotions", nevertheless there could be more done to get emails in the Primary Inbox at the time of creating emails.

I would really appreciate a "likelihood of reaching the primary inbox" meter before creating campaigns. This could be difficult to implement but I feel it would help alot of new users and people new to email marketing.

Bencle
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

The finest prior and after-marketing Experience!

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

I enjoy being able to create attractive marketing emails to interact with my social space. I particularly like the degree of detail I can go into for my statistics and the ability to do client relationship wellness evaluations. I've worked with online trainers and program makers to assist them in properly understanding their targeted audience and customers, and I've significantly boosted their participation rates, sales, and income with the assistance of email marketing. If you are running a small or medium-sized company and want to save your time while making a profit on automation, Active Campaign is the solution for you. You must try using Active Campaign for your email campaigns provider if you want not just to generate business from emails and also to establish greater connections with your sign-ups.

Pros

Active Campaign features the finest Automations offered, with pre-built templates and a simple and convenient workflow editor that provides a comprehensive picture of the project. Perfect for practically any company's automated procedure. In addition to Active Campaign's amazing categorization, automation, and customization options for email advertising and consumer tracking, I adore and am astonished by how much attention it has invested into its customer support. They are extremely attentive and never failed to respond to any queries or problems I have regarding their service.

Cons

The prices are quite exorbitant. They have little built-in third-party connectivity; we must utilize Zapier to connect, which incurs additional costs. It wasn't the most user-friendly tool. It's all solvable, although it often takes more energy than I prefer. Other rivals have simplified things, however at the price of high-level flexibility which Active Campaign provides.

Anthony

Easy to use and well priced for the features you get

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

This is the second business I've implemented ActiveCampaign into - and on both occassions it has delivered tremendous value with quick setup and easy to use features for all users (even those who required onboarding as a first time user).

Pros

The marketing automation sequences are easy to visualise and build - with options to integrate directly into most CRM solutions for easy lead capture and management. The email deliverability is robust and the pricing model is significantly better value than most in the market for each new 'tier' of contacts.

Cons

It would be great to have a live chat function for any quick workarounds however the ticket support is relatively quick to respond (usually <24 hours).

MailerLite

Previous experience with ActiveCampaign

Hilda N
Hilda N
  • Industry: Printing

My Experience Of Active Campaign Goodness

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Apart from being an employee, I do creative graphic design as an independent designer and that's where Active Campaigns comes in.You know under the companies name it can be easy to reach out to people but as an individual designer its Abit tricky but Active Campaign has made it effortless. I use it to generate leads where I connect it with bots on FB and poster my wall to get emails then proceed with sales through a neatly organized email marketting

Pros

ActiveCampaign is super easy to use and setup. It's technical team is usually available 24/7 because everytime I have sent an enquiry email or called they always respond and guide me accordingly to be able to navigate the wideness of this platform. The versatility of Active Campaign is exceptional to fit any type of business even startups. It helps propel the business through automation of marketing channels which will then enable me to reach out to my target audience through emails and other interactions. Marketing efforts are simplified by personalizing to drive substantial leads,engage with my customers as well as centralize data from all these channels to help me sharpen on marketing. Follow up on prospects is also quite easy with Active campaign which makes it an indispensable tool that is precious for marketing of my designs

Cons

In the initial stages I had trouble understanding some of it's features and tags but the information available online and the tech team have helped me understand everything over the years of use